Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296947 times)

magus

• LIKES FF7
i've actualy read a few manga chapters of nisekoi,it's about this normal average anime guy that has family ties with the yakuza,one day american gangsters decide to invade and pick a fight with the yakuza and ehy! in an incredible coincidence they too have a completely normal average anime gal that has family ties with them,so now the two have to pretend to be a couple so that the yakuza and the gangster don't start fighting each other,this is all complicated by the fact that anime guy has a crush on another girl but of course he can't confess because otherwise the jig would be up

aaaaaaaaaaand i got bored faster than the speed of light,it was the sort of manga where everytime something was going to happen,someone burst into the room and interrupt it so that it doesn't happen,or character just decide to keep their mouth shut,it's the sort of manga that would end in no time if it wasn't for the fact that every single character in it act like an indecisive fuck
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:29:21 AM by magus »
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Nobunagun is the REAL DEAL. For some reason, it reminds me a lot of a late 90's, early 00's Akiyuki Shinbou series with the way it contrasts colors and mixes in weird, surreal visual touches so much.

Also, people need to watch 3-minute anime series Pupipo. It's really good.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
World Conquest Zvezda Plot and Nobunagun were some anime-ass anime, but in a good way. D-Frag was some anime-ass anime in a Not Sure If Want way.

Tonari no Seki-kun is the best anime ever made for under $5.
©@©™

hampster

Three episodes in and Yowamushi Pedal is pretty good. It's formulaic like most sport shows probably are but I'm enjoying just how big a nerd the main character is. Gives me hope one day I'll find my secret talent :'(

Edit: I finished the first major race. The show's pacing took a real hit during the race (I took them an episode to go 500 meters :-\) but the writing remained solid. I'm really enjoying it but once I'm caught up I'll have to drop it for a few months. I could never watch such a slow moving show week to week
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:36:56 PM by hampster »
Zzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

TOO DANDY
dog

Beezy

I think it's safe to say that Hunter X Hunter is the best shounen anime airing right now. This Chimera Ant arc is so good. Luckily for me the manga is ugly as fuck, so I'll never feel like jumping ahead and reading that instead.

Tasty

I think it's safe to say that Hunter X Hunter is the best shounen anime airing right now. This Chimera Ant arc is so good. Luckily for me the manga is ugly as fuck, so I'll never feel like jumping ahead and reading that instead.

Agreed, it's kind of comforting the art is horrible haha.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
If all the art looks like in that funny comparison picture it's safe to say the storyboards for the anime look better.

helios

Space Dandy is basically Space Johnny Bravo

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
No.
©@©™

helios

I like Johnny Bravo. I like space.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Space Dandy is mindless fun, but I don't get these "Space Dandy will 'save' anime!!!" posts that have popped up elsewhere.

Fucking love the (Japanese) ending theme, though:

Had no idea that the American version has a different intro and ending.
ど助平

Himu

Yeah, the Space Dandy will save anime thing is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged. Especially that Moe moe moe moe moe moe uguu pic that was making rounds before it aired, and then the first half of ep 1 turned out to be dog shit.

Have no clue why Rumbler put what I said in the thread title. I have the same rule for every anime: captivate me in five episodes or less or I stop watching.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Of course it was stupid, the anime industry is well beyond saving at this point.
dog

Himu

Anime was saved in 2012 with Lupin III: Fujiko Mine, et al
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Fujiko Mine was great, absolutely, but it didn't start any new trends or end any bad trends. On the other hand, there's, like, four incest shows this season.
dog

Himu

Blame Onegai Twins. I've ignored incest shows since Onegai Twins, you can too. To me they don't exist. Never have. Filter them from your mind. Your problem is that you watch too much anime and not too much quality anime.

2012 and 2013 were amazing for anime. A complete revival since maybe 2007.

The hobby hasn't been better in years.
IYKYK

cool breeze

It's awesome to see people getting into HxH with the new series.  The older series never had the same chance to be popular like this one.  I've really been enjoying it since greed island, since I'm no long unfavorably comparing it to the original, and chimera arc animated is wonderful.  The art quality in the manga fluctuates and from greed island to nearly the end of chimera it's all scribble country.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Your problem is that you watch too much anime and not too much quality anime.

I only watch quality anime.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Been watching Black Lagoon.  Finished the TV series and we're now going through the OVAs.  Awesome show.

Fujiko Mine was great, absolutely, but it didn't start any new trends or end any bad trends. On the other hand, there's, like, four incest shows this season.

Are you kidding me?  That show went to dogshit too.  The stuff centered on Lupin and co. was great- the backstory crap with Fujiko was awful.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I enjoyed it from beginning to end, even if a few of the episodes weren't as great as the others. Definitely one of my favorite series from 2012.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I doubt any of you faggyrts haven't even seen Space Battleship Yamato 2199 yet, so I don't know why you're even trying to talk about anime. Fawning over Fujiko Mine and Attack on Titan in here, you're embarrassing yourselves.
©@©™

Rahxephon91

The backstory crap with Fujiko Mine was an awesome troll job. Like maybe this could be it, but it's not so who cares! She is what she is!

Himu

I doubt any of you faggyrts haven't even seen Space Battleship Yamato 2199 yet, so I don't know why you're even trying to talk about anime. Fawning over Fujiko Mine and Attack on Titan in here, you're embarrassing yourselves.

I have. Anime of 2013.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

I have. Anime of 2013.

I'm glad somebody else understands. :aah
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
The torture stuff going on in this ending is fucking crazy.   :lol

ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Too bad the show itself isn't all the great. Not really good, not really bad, just there in that middle grey zone where it's hard to care enough to keep watching.
dog

hampster

I started watching Railgun season 2. Turns out its the sisters arc :aah (which was the best part of Index in my opinion)
Zzz

helios

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

My wife went to bed early last night feeling sick. Netflix has Attack on Titan now in HD...

I watched the first 12 episodes last night.
野球

Beezy

08th MS Team!

helios

8th MS Team and then watch Gundam Build Fighters

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
You should watch Gundam Build Fighters instead
Boo

helios

*looks up build fighters*

a series about battling with gunpla?

:holeup

I was :holeup at first, but give it a shot. It'll surprise you.

A lot of the fun in Build Fighters is missed if you've never seen old Gundam stuff.
野球

Rahxephon91

I really don't get this love for Build Fighters. Cool action scenes with some nice mechs, but everything surrounding it is crap. I didn't like Yu Gi Oh or Pokemon when I was kid, why would I like the Gundam version of it now?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I really don't get this love for Build Fighters. Cool action scenes with some nice mechs, but everything surrounding it is crap. I didn't like Yu Gi Oh or Pokemon when I was kid, why would I like the Gundam version of it now?

That's why.
ど助平

Beezy

Also Gundam Build FIghters never takes itself seriously, unlike Yugioh or Pokemon. At least not so far.

It doesn't take itself seriously. It's full of fan service. It's fun as shit.

And the number one reason is RAMBA RAL AS THE SPIRIT OF GUNPLA.
野球

helios

The new episode of Build Fighters was amazing. They just go all out with the Gundams because they're made of plastic.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

hampster

I watched the new Ippo. Fists that lift you up :tocry

I've only watched the original series up to the first Sendo fight. Its funny how so much has happened in the many episodes I didn't watch yet how almost nothing has changed. I took a look to see where the manga is over the weekend... good lord over 1000 chapters. Ippo must world champ by now, right? Tell me what chapter I need to read where he finally smacks that Miyata down
Zzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98113760&postcount=16408

Who's wonzo over here? I'm assuming he's from here because he uses coli gifs and the only ppl I notice that uses coli gifs at gaf are borians. Especially that one because the only person i've seen use it is esch.

unless im over thinking it  :hans1
Boo

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

Who's wonzo over here? I'm assuming he's from here because he uses coli gifs and the only ppl I notice that uses coli gifs at gaf are borians. Especially that one because the only person i've seen use it is esch.

I don't think he posts here, unless he has a super-secret stealth account.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Somebody send him an invite.
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
i was browsing comedy manga again and somehow i've ended up reading kinnikuman,for those that don't know it's a really old manga about this goofy alien superhero turned into wrestler who ends up fighting other superhuman in super wrestling matches,i pinned it down (ar ar get it?) as one of those shonen manga that go on forever but it's surprisingly engaging and fast paced enough (if a little cheesy) it also doesn't forget that it's also supposed to be a comedy manga halfway through unlike other similiar comedy manga turning into shonen even if the gag are sort of lame (kinnikuman fight's the horrible toilet man!)

at the same time there is some old school charm that it's really hard to describe,i guess the easiest way to describe would be that the art style is pretty easy to recognize and feels unique

<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
So...

How's Valverave season 2?

Out of touch with animu these days so I need my mind fuck fix.

Beezy

So...

How's Valverave season 2?

A huge let down compared to the first season.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Better watch Samurai Flamenco, then.
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

I've never used that one but I did see it round these parts recently. But there are tons of users that overlap between neogaf and thecoli that aren't borians.

oh i thought it was you that used it.

kill la kill 15

:rejoice
Boo

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Better watch Samurai Flamenco, then.
Noted.

Disappointing to hear about VR2 sucking but will watch it one of these days.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

EYEBROWS
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

:lawd :whew

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Too bad one-third of the series is absolutely garbage. :-\
[close]
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
brown-girl moe :lawd
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:50:58 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Too bad one-third of the series is absolutely garbage. :-\
[close]

it doesn't say "from the creator of evangelion" for nothing :smug
<----