Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296911 times)

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - An anime about making anime about anime.
« Reply #6060 on: January 09, 2015, 05:47:27 PM »
Yeah, it's nice to have Jojo back. Death Parade was good too, love the character designs.
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6061 on: January 09, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
They're pretty different despite being based on the same manga, both are totally dope, though.
dog

helios

« Reply #6062 on: January 09, 2015, 06:49:38 PM »
2nd Gig  :rejoice

The movies really get into what makes us human and the philosophy behind becoming cybernetic. The show is more of the sociological impact cyberization and the internet. Anonymous is basically a Stand Alone Complex. The show also builds on the future world. A+ Will cyborg again

« Reply #6063 on: January 09, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
im watching steins gate on netflix and decided to not drink so i can really get into it. is this what its like to be an anime stan.

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6064 on: January 09, 2015, 08:45:54 PM »
Once you start buying merchandise, you know you're in too deep.
Boo

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6065 on: January 11, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »
A new season with plenty of new animes has started and you guys ain't talking about them :uguu

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:19:22 PM by Junpei the Tracer! »
Boo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6066 on: January 11, 2015, 07:02:17 PM »
Why doesn't the Major wear pants?

Artificial/robotic body.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the robotic characters tend to be scantily-clad like that in GITS.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6067 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
A new season with plenty of new animes has started and you guys ain't talking about them :uguu

I haven't watched any of the new stuff yet, I'm still backlogging everything from 2014. :bow Encouragement of Climb, Locodols, Shirobako :bow2
©@©™

dkdk

« Reply #6068 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »
death parade is the only new anime of the season i checked out. the main ones i'm interested in are 2nd seasons or carryovers

i'm waiting to see some reactions after a few weeks to pick up anything else.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6069 on: January 11, 2015, 07:16:01 PM »

Artificial/robotic body.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the robotic characters tend to be scantily-clad like that in GITS.

The Major's attire in the first season was kinda weird, though, no matter how you look at it. But her wardrobe in 2nd Gig was a bit more diverse, including several with pants.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6070 on: January 11, 2015, 07:43:40 PM »
My thoughts on recent shows.  Is it just me, or is there way more harem/fan servicey stuff this time around?

New:

Absolute Duo: High school boys and girls with special abilities, that manifest in the form of weapons, enter a special school that trains them.  The main character is an "irregular" because he calls up a shield instead of a weapon.  He also gets paired up with Scandinavian girl who says "Ja" all the time.  Likely to end up being a harem show with fan service all over the place.  Nothing particularly special.

Kantai Collection: Based on the online card game of the same name.  Basically old WW2 era battleships are anthropomorphized into various types of anime girl stereotypes and fight each other.   I like the way that aircraft carriers are turned into archers, whose arrows turn into little planes piloted by little people.   :-[  If you've ever seen anything for Kantai Collection online, you'd expect it to have Queen's Blade levels of fan service, but it had very little.  Kind of surprising.   :lol  The first episode was basically "moe girl who has never been in a battle before wants to do better and fight with sempai, uguu, etc."

Yuri Kuma Arashi: WHAT THE FUCK DID I WATCH?  :lol

Shinmai Maou No Testament: More fighting and harem?  More fighting and harem.  I liked this more than Absolute Duo, at least, and liked how the show had several fun twists.  It looks like it's just going to be harem-comedy crap at first but is something totally different.  Something tells me it will probably still have a lot of that though.  If you want to know what the twists are:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The story starts out with the main character's father telling him he's getting remarried.  His bride-to-be had to go overseas, so her two daughters will be living with them.  There's lots of "KYAA! PERVERT!!" stuff going on with the older of the two sisters and the main character.  The father has to leave to go overseas, too, then we get twist #1- The two girls are not related and there is no mother-- they used mind control to make the father think this.  The older "sister" is actually the daughter of a demon king and heir to the demon empire.  The younger one is a loli-succubus or something.  They use magic to command the main character to leave the house to them and go live with other relatives.

This leads to twist #2- The main character is unaffected by their magic, much to their surprise.  Turns out he's actually a demon-hunter, as his is father, who wasn't brainwashed and was going along with the ruse, and he summons a badass sword and tells the girls he's not going anywhere and that they need to get the fuck out.

Twist #3 is that the girls are actually good.  The demon princess' father was a good guy and wanted to stop demons from fighting humans and each other, but died, and the princess was hidden away on earth.  So the main character runs out to find them and saves them from an attack by other demons.
[close]

Assassination Classroom: Bizarre comedy about this weird-looking yellow guy, who appears to be always smiling, and has lots of tentacles.  He's super-fast, super-strong, and his bodyparts regenerate.  He destroyed 70% of the moon, then threatened to destroy earth, with one request being that he be made homeroom teacher of a class in Japan.  The class has one year to try to kill him before he blows up the planet.  LOLWUT  :lol  Somehow, this premise works and was fun to watch.  Absolutely bizarre.  Oh, and the main school character looks like a girl.  I thought he was a girl for most of the episode. 

Death Parade: See that opening that Junpei posted above?  The show is nothing like it.   :lol  Weird that they went that route.  This is episode one, technically can be thought of as episode 2-- in 2013, the OVA Death Billiards came out and was the predecessor of this show.  Same characters, same premise.  Anyway, this show is about the afterlife.  The main characters are otherworldly types who make two souls, who died at the same time, play games (like darts and billiards) in other to judge whether or not they should go to heaven or hell.  The story was pretty serious and was more about the characters getting judged than the bar tender setting up the game and telling them where they were.  The games make the people getting judged feel pain and their real intentions/character comes out by the end.  Really liked this.

Koufuku Graffiti: Moe show about cooking and eating.  When the main character eats, there's this oddly erotic close-up on her mouth/lips, which another points out, so I guess it's supposed to be a joke or something.  Was cute/harmless. 

Maria the Virgin Witch: Takes place during the middle ages.  All the regular characters are depicted in a more realistic manner (proportions, clothes, etc.), although you do get "anime" faces.  Then you have the witches and succubi.  Most of them are very moe/anime looking, totally out of place, and the succubus is well...as succubus, who blatantly talks about what she does to men, in an effort to tease the titular main character.  The story goes back and forth between the humans, getting ready to and battling, again in a realistic manner, and then Maria coming and suddenly it's ANIMUUU~.  Odd. 

Continuing from the last or previous seasons:

Cross Ange: Continues to be such a fun, fucked-up show and is nothing like images might have you expect it to be.  It's a like a totally fucked-up Gundam (and is made by Sunrise, too!).

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders: Yay, Jojo's is back!  But this latest episode felt like more flavor of the week enemy Jojo's again.  Guess it's still going to be a bit longer before the bigger battles start happening.

Aldnoah Zero: This picks up 19 months after the previous episode ended.  I can't say much without spoiling everything.  Remember how the first season ended on a cliffhanger?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Surprise, none of that shit matters!  Our main character Inaho is back -he got shot in the eye by Slain- and now as a cybernetic eye implant, and the princess has been taken by Slain, who has joined the Martians and is now a knight, and is in some sort of regeneration tank.  Meanwhile, another princess is using holographic illusion tech/magic/whatever to make herself look and sound like the princess, and broadcast messages calling the Martians to fight against Earth.  Good stuff!  Also Inaho has somehow gained the Aldnoah power from the princess.
[close]

Have yet to watch Durarara! since I still need to finish the first season, Rolling Girls, and Sengoku Musou.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6071 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »
Yuri Kuma Arashi: WHAT THE FUCK DID I WATCH?  :lol

The upended contents of Kunihiko Ikuhara's brain.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6072 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! looks like AOTY, tbh.

One day when two of the club members, Atsushi and En, are taking a bath in a bathhouse, a talking pink Wombat appears out of nowhere and requests the two boys to help save the Earth with the power of love. Unfortunately, the bathhouse owner's son, Yumoto sees the wombat and chases after it while saying "Let me fluff you up!".
©@©™

Beezy

« Reply #6073 on: January 11, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »
Cross Ange: Continues to be such a fun, fucked-up show and is nothing like images might have you expect it to be.  It's a like a totally fucked-up Gundam (and is made by Sunrise, too!).
:gladbron :gladbron :gladbron

« Reply #6074 on: January 12, 2015, 12:38:34 AM »
i finished steins gate.

first i was like  :mindblown

then it was  :leon :noah

then it ended like  :uguu :brazilcry

what an emotional roller coaster. i love anime. im an anime stan now.

dkdk

« Reply #6075 on: January 12, 2015, 12:51:16 AM »
Suzuha's letter  :stahp :stahp :stahp

« Reply #6076 on: January 12, 2015, 02:23:53 AM »
Death Parade pretty good.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6077 on: January 12, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »

Rolling Girls is pretty GOAT-tier so far.
dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #6078 on: January 12, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
opinions~

rolling girls - the plot is basically "magical girl gangs because reasons"  but they have my attention because dat animation

death parade - best opening? best opening. the show was pretty entertaining too.

DURARARA!! X2 - you pretty much need to watch season 1 to understand this, but I highly recommend you do so

maria the virgin witch - it was a solid first episode

assassination classroom - a very popular manga, and the anime here is pretty solid so far.

jojos bizarre adventur - its back and still good mostly

parasyte the maxim - not a new show but you should be watching this already because it is legit good still
萌え~

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6079 on: January 13, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »

Jason-kun~ :uguu
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6080 on: January 13, 2015, 04:09:22 PM »
You forgot Freddy!

ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6081 on: January 13, 2015, 04:11:22 PM »
I only had enough money to buy one of them! And I liked the Jason figure more.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6082 on: January 13, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
I only had enough money to buy one of them! And I liked the Jason figure more.

Yeah, me too.  I'm not much of a fan of either character, so I didn't get these.  Plus the Jason one looks a little too similar to the Ghostbusters one, which I already have.

I have a bookshelf filled with Yamada Shunya figures. :uguu  All the Tekken ones, the two Street Fighter ones, and some of the DC and Marvel ones.
ど助平

helios

« Reply #6083 on: January 13, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »
Roberta's Blood trail :mynicca

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6084 on: January 14, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6085 on: January 14, 2015, 02:42:11 PM »
So female Jason is wearing jean shorts under regular jeans?  ???

It's really not clear.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6086 on: January 14, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
It's bishoujo-- those jeans were cut up.
ど助平

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #6087 on: January 14, 2015, 06:14:29 PM »
new fate/stay night is all kinda weird. one episode omg goddamn archer you beast

the next it turn into another harem show with some ideology thrown around...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6088 on: January 14, 2015, 06:43:25 PM »

a) tactical distraction value
b) cyborg bodies don't need protection from the elements, and fabric encasement is a potential liability; covering societally required minimum on anatomically correct cyborg body is a courtesy
c) Shirow is a big perv

« Reply #6089 on: January 14, 2015, 06:46:01 PM »
new fate/stay night is all kinda weird. one episode omg goddamn archer you beast

the next it turn into another harem show with some ideology thrown around...

so it's fate/stay night as usual

Beezy

« Reply #6090 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:54 PM »
Meant to watch the first ep of Cross ANge before going to sleep last night, ended up watching 3. Everything about this show is so japanese. I love it. :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6091 on: January 14, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »

b) cyborg bodies don't need protection from the elements, and fabric encasement is a potential liability; covering societally required minimum on anatomically correct cyborg body is a courtesy
c) Shirow is a big perv

I don't disagree with your assessment of Shirow, but The Major's wardrobe was somewhat more conservative in the manga than in the first season of SAC.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6092 on: January 15, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »

c) Shirow is a big perv

I don't disagree with your assessment of Shirow, but The Major's wardrobe was somewhat more conservative in the manga than in the first season of SAC.

That's because Shirow would just forget about clothes and have her in virtual lesbian threesomes instead.
ど助平

helios

« Reply #6093 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »

c) Shirow is a big perv

I liked the explanation that since she's in a cybernetic body, she doesn't have as much modesty about it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6094 on: January 15, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »

c) Shirow is a big perv

I liked the explanation that since she's in a cybernetic body, she doesn't have as much modesty about it.

It's very much a Shirow thing.  Take another Shirow series with a modern/futuristic setting, Dominion Tank Police.  Who are the scantily-clad characters?  AnnaPuma and UniPuma...android sex dolls that became criminals (and later joined the force!).  There's also Greenpeace Crolis, an artificial humanoid...air purifier. 

...But let's face facts here- Shirow is a perv.  And I'm fine with it.   :P
ど助平

« Reply #6095 on: January 15, 2015, 11:58:06 AM »
Any explanation you can think of doesn't trump the fact that Shirow is a perv.
野球

helios

« Reply #6096 on: January 15, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
I think we all agree that Shirow is a perv. Didn't he used ot draw hentai?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6097 on: January 15, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
I think we all agree that Shirow is a perv. Didn't he used ot draw hentai?

Used to? Does. Exclusively.

Which is...whatever, but his reliance on 3D CG for backgrounds is appalling.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6098 on: January 15, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »
He pretty much just does design stuff and releases artbooks these days.  The weird greasy girl erotic stuff are illustrations for some adult magazine, IIRC. 

Hey, if I could just get money from my licenses and draw a couple of pages of titties a year, I'd be doing it, too.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6099 on: January 15, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
Horseman porn :lawd
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6100 on: January 16, 2015, 08:08:46 PM »
Crunchyroll added Great Teacher Onizuka and Golden Boy. :lawd :whew
dog

Beezy

« Reply #6101 on: January 17, 2015, 12:02:48 AM »
Already caught up on Cross Ange. The weekly wait begins. :(

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6102 on: January 17, 2015, 12:28:47 AM »
Denki-gai was pretty funny and cute.
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #6103 on: January 17, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
parasyte is amazing.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6104 on: January 17, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
Parody, homage, and straight-up indulgence.

Pro-tip: enjoy the experience, don't try to dig too deeply into the writing.
dog

helios

« Reply #6105 on: January 18, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »
You'll get used to seeing a whole bunch of naked people

Beezy

« Reply #6106 on: January 18, 2015, 05:59:01 PM »
Binge watched Akame ga Kill these past 2 days because my cousins have been bothering me to watch it for months now. I approve.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #6107 on: January 19, 2015, 02:07:47 AM »
Binge watched Akame ga Kill these past 2 days because my cousins have been bothering me to watch it for months now. I approve.
Started good then diverted from the manga and turned to shit.

Beezy

« Reply #6108 on: January 21, 2015, 01:16:28 AM »
Kill la Kill AND Gurren Lagann? Awesome overload.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6109 on: January 21, 2015, 01:20:52 AM »
My roommate got me into Gurren Lagaan. This is one of the best shows I've seen in awhile. I'm 11 episodes in, just did the one where they fought the armadillo guy.

The crew that made Gurren Lagaan also made Kill la Kill.

And this:

dog

helios

« Reply #6110 on: January 22, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »
My roommate got me into Gurren Lagaan. This is one of the best shows I've seen in awhile. I'm 11 episodes in, just did the one where they fought the armadillo guy.

The crew that made Gurren Lagaan also made Kill la Kill.

And this:

And this

Beezy

« Reply #6111 on: January 22, 2015, 10:41:49 PM »
The tourney has begun in Gundam Build Fighters Try :hyper

Discotheque

« Reply #6112 on: January 22, 2015, 11:25:18 PM »
I finished Ping Pong. one of the best animes I've seen. no loli/kawaii nonsense either.  wow, definitely following this director's next project.

dkdk

« Reply #6113 on: January 23, 2015, 12:16:55 AM »
the struggle never ends in Shirobako. the manga creator hit them up like "nah redo all that shit" :umad

The tourney has begun in Gundam Build Fighters Try :hyper

sounds like it's time to start watching then.

I finished Ping Pong. one of the best animes I've seen. no loli/kawaii nonsense either.  wow, definitely following this director's next project.

yuasa da gawd. check out tatami galaxy.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6114 on: January 23, 2015, 08:02:45 AM »

:rock

The real video: http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=694921
ど助平

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #6115 on: January 23, 2015, 08:56:53 AM »
I think Gurren Lagann is the best anime series I've seen.

I just got to the part where the plot changes direction considerably. Really awesome time jump.
Gurren Lagann made me begin watching anime. It seriously is the best I've ever watched, even though I've watched a lot of good ones since then.

Something about gigantic drills, mechas, and feels-inducing speeches just gets me, I suppose.

Beezy

« Reply #6116 on: January 29, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
The first 2 mins of GBF Try this week :lol

Also watched and caught up with Aldnoah Zero a few days ago. I wish the main character wasn't the only useful person on the show.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6117 on: February 03, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »
Mag Garden hosted a teaser website on Tuesday that reported that a new anime in the Aria franchise has been green-lit. The company removed the website soon after it opened.

According to the site, the new anime, titled Aria the Avvenire (Aria the Arrived), will be once again directed by Junichi Sato (Kaleido Star, Pretear, Sailor Moon), and will also feature the return of Reiko Yoshida (Tokyo Mew Mew, Bakuman.), who will handle scripts. The new animation's format has not been specified, although the teaser website listed that an event screening of the anime will occur on September 26. The anime is being produced as part of the larger "Ao no Curtain Call" (Blue Curtain Call) project, which celebrates 10 years since the broadcast of the first Aria anime. "All television series" will also receive a Blu-ray Box release in Japan as part of the same project.

:lawd
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6118 on: February 03, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
ara ara~
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6119 on: February 04, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »
The final battle from the second movie is pretty GOAT-tier, though:

It's a bit :nsfw
dog