Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296892 times)

helios

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - YEEART!!
« Reply #6360 on: July 01, 2015, 06:07:52 PM »
 :-\

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #6361 on: July 04, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »
 :drudge Little Witch Academia 2 is out. I wish I backed it because I liked the first one a lot but I decided against it. But I'll probably buy it eventually.
Boo

Bebpo

« Reply #6362 on: July 05, 2015, 08:38:30 PM »
I posted about this in the gaming forum, but I just finished playing through the Full Metal Panic story post-anime in Super Robot Wars Z3-2.  If you're like me and only watched the FMP S1/S2/Fumoffu anime then the final story arc that wasn't animated and concludes the series (potentially S3 if KyoAni ever wants to make it) is pretty fucking crazy and totally different than S1/S2/Fumoffu.  I'd say it definitely jumps the shark by the end and goes from being a down to earth semi-realistic robot show to being halfway to Rahxephon/Unicorn Gundam and totally ridiculous (though generic) plot with the mechs suddenly turning into Dendrobium Gundam stuff.

On one hand, the plot isn't very good.  Otoh, I'd like to see them animate the season just to see these mechs animate and do crazy action stuff.  Plus the finale is pretty satisfying for Sousuke/Kaname.

Super spoilers for the mecha:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
So the show goes from this type of realistic mecha:

to ZoE/Gundam mechs:

&

&

and in SRW it's:

&

[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6363 on: July 07, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »
This is the Summer of Smut with Monster Musume, To Love-Ru Darkness 2, Bikini Warriors, Shimoneta, Prison School, and My Wife is the Student Council President! airing. Can Non Non Biyori Repeat save us with it's purity?!

It cannot, I'm already watching all of the smut too.  :whew
[close]
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6364 on: July 07, 2015, 08:43:46 PM »
The smut is strong this season.
dog

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #6365 on: July 08, 2015, 03:52:24 PM »
Monster Musume looks like it'll be a great adaptation  :preach

Rachnera incoming  :uguu

studyguy

« Reply #6366 on: July 08, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »

low key furry show
pause

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6367 on: July 08, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »

low key furry show

Don't worry, it's well within the safe zone:

dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6368 on: July 09, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
Watched some new animu.  Mostly Joe's recommended smut list.

Monster Musume- Barely made it through this.  It's just awful.  At least they tried to address issues of discrimination, but a lot of the designs are just gross.

Shimoneta- Takes place in a world where smut/foul language is banned and "terrorists" fight THE MAN using dirty jokes, pictures, and nudity.  Looks fun.

Bikini Warriors- Was hoping for some Queen's Blade style LOL action, but instead this is just like four minutes of fan-service.  I don't get the point of stuff like this.  Why even bother making an anime?

My Wife is the Student Council President- Watched the uncensored version.  It's also another short series (did this even air?  Assuming it's a web show) and another tired girl jumps all over boy for no reason show.  At least the protagonist actually went in for some titty instead of acting like girls have cooties, like 99% of all the other crap like this.

Gangsta- This was awesome.  It's about two older dudes in a run-down city (can't tell what the location is supposed to be...seems like South America but most of the characters are American) accepting money to take out gangsters using methods that the cops wouldn't do.

Dragonball Super- We have a thread for this and I posted my thoughts already, but I'm underwhelmed after one episode, simply because instead of going for new stories right away, they're going to make longer, drag-on ball versions of the two recent movies' storylines to start with.  :zzz

Working!!!- It's more of the same thing.  An enjoyable little comedy romp.

Shoukugeki No Soma- Continuing from last season.  COOKING WARS!  I like this show.

Looking forward to the Prison School adaption.  Hope they don't screw it up.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6369 on: July 09, 2015, 12:03:52 PM »
Shimoneta is my favorite new show so far. Non Non Biyori S2 is my favorite overall, because I stan for slice-of-life. Himouto could be okay, but it seems like it should be a 5 minute show. At full length, it seems stretched a little thin, but I'll watch another episode or two to see if it goes anywhere.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6370 on: July 09, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »
Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers is pretty good, high-fantasy set in a world inspired by the Aztec empire instead of generic medieval Europe for a change.

Also, School-Live started today. It's about cute girls doing cute things, but then the twist happens.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:36:32 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6371 on: July 09, 2015, 01:18:44 PM »
School-Live got that despair moe. :noah
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6372 on: July 09, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
School Live sounds entirely fucked-up from the Wikipedia description.  I dunno if I can watch it because of the dog.   :'(
ど助平

« Reply #6373 on: July 09, 2015, 06:48:29 PM »
I've been reading the School-Live manga for a while. Their situation gets worse before it gets better.

It doesn't get better.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6374 on: July 14, 2015, 08:37:35 AM »
Watched some more stuff:

God-Eater: Horriblesubs had this on their recommended list.  It shouldn't be on there.  Weird animation and garbage-tier story.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Just watched one episode and it seems to have little to do with the rest of the story, taking place three years before shit really starts happening.  Will watch more.

Rokka No Yuusha: Fun series.  Will keep watching.

GATE: Amazingly stars a main character who is not a teenager and is in fact 33 years old.  :o  Although he's an otaku and wants to buy doujinshi and shit.   :-\  But this isn't about any of that.  A dimensional gate opens in the middle of Ginza and a medieval army, complete with ogres/orcs and dragon riders, comes through and starts wrecking shit.  The police and then the self-defense force (who the main character is part of) succeed in driving them back.  Time then passes and the Japanese government decides to send the SDF through the gate to set up a military base and start exploring the land.  The people on the other side continuously try to attack the SDF and are utterly obliterated by their modern weaponry.  It's kind of sad.  This series has potential but I get the feeling once the BISHOUJO ELF-SAN and PRINCESS-SAN come into the picture that the stupid is going to start happening.  Hope I'm wrong.  This is also one of those series where the male characters are drawn in a more realistic style and then the females are all 
:uguu.
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6375 on: July 14, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »
Ruzbeh, I don't understand you or anyone else that complains so much about Shinji's unwillingness and whiny attitude. He's a 14 year old with mommy/daddy/abandonment issues, he isn't just going to jump in the robot and be like "fuck yeah lets do this, lets fuck some angels up!" That's not him and understandable why that not him but he still gets the job done.
Boo

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6376 on: July 14, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
EVA-01 is the best character in the series.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6377 on: July 14, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
Ruzbeh, I don't understand you or anyone else that complains so much about Shinji's unwillingness and whiny attitude. He's a 14 year old with mommy/daddy/abandonment issues, he isn't just going to jump in the robot and be like "fuck yeah lets do this, lets fuck some angels up!" That's not him and understandable why that not him but he still gets the job done.

©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6378 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »
It makes perfect sense that he's such a whiny little shit. But the SHOW REVOLVES AROUND HIM.

The show revolving around him is kinda the point though. Perfectly fair not to like it. Rewriting the show would be kind of absurd (all the characters are damaged goods anyway).
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6379 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »
Man, forget about NGE, the GOAT 90's mech series is Big O:

Back when Sunrise actually made good shows.
dog

helios

« Reply #6380 on: July 14, 2015, 06:36:23 PM »
Man, forget about NGE, the GOAT 90's mech series is Big O:

Back when Sunrise actually made good shows.

:mynicca

Bebpo

« Reply #6381 on: July 15, 2015, 01:14:18 AM »

New Gundam in the fall, staff are all old-time Sunrise staffers who've done both good and bad shows and don't have much experience with gundam outside of the director who did some 00 eps.  Music guy seems to have mainly done crappy fanservice stuff so this is probably his first real drama break.  No idea what to think.  At least the trailer looks like it's trying to be fairly grounded like 00, which is a good thing.  Character designs are ok outside of purple-ish hair guy and blond princess.

Tasty

« Reply #6382 on: July 15, 2015, 01:46:26 AM »
Roger, the negotiator.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6383 on: July 15, 2015, 05:16:25 AM »
New Gundam sounds like it's on the right track with it's premise. Like 00...

New Gundam has decent character designs that look nice with a touch of feminine appeal. Like 00....

New Gundam looks more grounded while having sleek mech designs. Like 00....

Please don't have a shitty second season like 00.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6384 on: July 15, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
Yeah, Fate/Zero is good and Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is okay. Avoid anything else.

Unless you're into lolicon, then there's Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya. /stealthfan
[close]
©@©™

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6385 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »

Unless you're into lolicon, then there's Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya. /stealthfan
[close]

I was seriously thinking about recommending this but not warning him about the content. why joe why
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6386 on: July 19, 2015, 01:30:50 AM »
Prison School has not disappointed through its first two episodes. For someone who isn't familiar with the original manga, it's hard to really describe. I want to call it a sex comedy, but it's far too mean and violent. I want to call it a romance, but it's too unabashedly filthy. And it's not a drama, because it's way too ridiculous. In a way, it's the most extreme version of men v women internet arguments turned into a linear story, and it's pretty amazing. Give it a watch!

I recommended Prison School(lol  they're never gonna license this but man I'd buy every volume),Koe no Katachi and a few others.

Good news! I saw a thick tome full of Prison School a few days ago at a book store, courtesy of Yen Press.
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6387 on: July 22, 2015, 08:41:00 AM »
Yeah I was pretty surprised and excited when I found out it was licensed.

So I really like the art of Yasuomi Umetsu and I've been going through his library of work, finding stuff he's done the character designs for. Luckily for me he did the character designs for 3 Tastsunoko OVA revivals during the 90s. The purpose of this post is to highlight that the main theme of Gatchaman 94 is sung by a member of Earth,Wind and Fire, which of course is surprising and it's totally stuck in my head.

Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6388 on: July 22, 2015, 08:56:17 AM »
He also had a segment in Robot Carnival:

dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #6390 on: July 24, 2015, 08:11:47 PM »
Isis-chan has existed for a while, don't know why the media are suddenly aware of it now.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6391 on: July 27, 2015, 08:33:12 AM »
:bow Arlsan :bow2

I guess this one falls under the "best show that nobody is watching" category.  We've now watched the first 13 episodes of the series and it has been absolutely fantastic the whole way through.  Great characters, great story, and excellent art/animation.  I never saw the original OVAs or read the book/comics this is based on, so I have no idea how much this deviates from the source material, if at all, but this is essentially an anime version of Middle Eastern characters outsmarting and beating the shit out of European crusaders.   :lol  Nobody actually looks like whatever country they're supposed to be from, but it's pretty obvious that this is the case.  The big bad also wears a silver mask on his face and gives me kind of a Char vibe, although he's pretty much 100% evil.

The other vibe I get from this show...is musou.  I can absolutely see why Koei is making a musou game out of this series, because it fits perfectly.  Pretty much every main character is a total badass who has no problem going through numerous grunts and is only matched by other 'generals.' 

Watch it!
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6392 on: July 28, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6393 on: July 31, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
lawl Attack on Titan: Junior High is getting animated this fall.

©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #6394 on: July 31, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »
If it's anything like Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals, it'll be great.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Searching for "poop mp3" returns nothing!
« Reply #6395 on: August 06, 2015, 12:53:14 AM »
I've watched a lot of anime. Like, a lot of anime. And I'm struggling to think of any movie or series or OVA I've seen that at all compares to Prison School. It is something that simply defied belief, both that it can be what it is and that it can actually exist at this level of animation detail. If you tried to explain it to somebody, they'd probably think you were insane or on a concoction of drugs. There is no logic that can explain what Prison School is, or how it can be both incredibly over-the-top but still deadly serious while also being so funny.

Here's a picture from the show:

dog

Himu

« Reply #6396 on: August 06, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »
Any actual good anime in the past year? Because if it's anything like what I'm seeing on this page, I'm guessing no.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6397 on: August 06, 2015, 01:03:34 AM »
For good scifi or fantasy action there's Blood Blockade Battlefront, Parasyte, Rage of Bahamut, and Garo. Maria the Virgin Witch ended up being a pretty good fantasy series, despite a goofy name and shaky premise. Death Parade, if you want something really weird and different. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and Barakamon are good comedies that won't make you feel like you need to take a shower afterward. That's probably about all I'd recommend from the past year to someone that doesn't want hardcore animu.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #6398 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:21 AM »
I started watching Yamato 2199 when I was traveling after lots of recommendations from people on it being legit sci-fi.  Only got a few eps in but I gotta get back to it.  Love the OP:

Beezy

« Reply #6399 on: August 06, 2015, 07:48:58 AM »
Started Code Geass. This might be the GOAT.
:respect

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6400 on: August 06, 2015, 08:06:29 AM »
Any actual good anime in the past year? Because if it's anything like what I'm seeing on this page, I'm guessing no.

Yes.  The one posted right above you-  Prison School.  Also Gangsta.  Shirobako was fun too.  Shokugeki No Soma is awesome.  And of course JoJo's the GOAT.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:26:51 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6401 on: August 06, 2015, 08:08:21 AM »
Code Geass :lol

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6402 on: August 06, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-07-29/.90986

i think rumbler,lyte,joe and other OVA peeps might like this article on why some OVAs end early.
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6403 on: August 06, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
Generally, I like the one-shot OVAs that tell a complete, if truncated, story over the 2 or 3 episodes series that have their conclusion chopped off because of lackluster sales. Unless it's a comedy like Dragon Half where the story doesn't really matter that much.

Too bad the golden age of OVAs had to come to end, some really cool stuff came out during that period.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6404 on: August 06, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »
Interesting read, thanks.  Makes sense on the rental thing...didn't even think about that in terms of gauging success.  I would have thought that they'd base it on sales numbers, with prices that I'm sure were probably even more ridiculous for tapes than they are for DVDs.  Didn't know that some stuff started off as TV series.  Sucks that Dragon Half wasn't longer and especially that Battle Angel never got a chance to tell the larger story.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6405 on: August 06, 2015, 01:49:44 PM »
Was there really much of a sales market for tapes and LDs back when most of these OVAs were being made in the late 80's/early 90's, though?
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6406 on: August 06, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »
Was there really much of a sales market for tapes and LDs back when most of these OVAs were being made in the late 80's/early 90's, though?

In Japan?  That was like the golden age of all this stuff.  And it was during the bubble-- I'm sure people were buying shit left and right.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6407 on: August 06, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
I couldn't stomach more than two episodes, discounting the eps I caught when I had AS on in the background.

From what I saw, Season 2... :lol

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6408 on: August 06, 2015, 03:20:17 PM »
working season 3
 :aah

Beezy

« Reply #6409 on: August 06, 2015, 03:33:17 PM »
Adultswim? I can't imagine watching Code Geass dubbed. Lelouch's japanese voice actor is awesome.

Tasty

« Reply #6410 on: August 06, 2015, 03:40:46 PM »
It's JYB in the dub. :lol

Himu

« Reply #6411 on: August 06, 2015, 03:51:24 PM »
OVAs were my shit back in the day. Nice and quality animation, had short episode counts so you only had to buy one or two tapes to have it all...
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6412 on: August 06, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »
OVAs were my shit back in the day. Nice and quality animation, had short episode counts so you only had to buy one or two tapes to have it all...

I remember when we'd get both TV series and OVAs (or as Viz Video called them, "OAVs."  Nice and confusing) and how much better the OVAs would look in comparison.  Happened often with Ranma 1/2. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #6413 on: August 06, 2015, 03:55:24 PM »
Yup. Even better when the animation was film quality.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6414 on: August 06, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
working season 3
 :aah

I'd never watched the Working!! before, but I marathoned S1 & 2 up to the current episodes of S3.  :aah
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6415 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »
Riding Bean :rock

And then...Gunsmith Cats,  which wasn't bad, but disappointing compared to BEAN and the manga it came from.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6416 on: August 06, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
And then...Gunsmith Cats,  which wasn't bad, but disappointing compared to BEAN and the manga it came from.

GOAT OP though:

dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6417 on: August 06, 2015, 04:22:06 PM »
I like it...but give me the Riding Bean opening song over it any day of the week.

'80s and 'Murican :rock
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6418 on: August 06, 2015, 06:03:50 PM »
Riding Bean was the first Human Bean. :ohhh

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6419 on: August 08, 2015, 02:05:13 PM »
I watched about 2/3 of Code Geass about 6-7 years ago. Really enjoyed it back then, but just never got around to finishing it for one reason another. At this point, I doubt I'll ever go back to it, though.

If you're still interested in more Code Geass after watching the second season, there's a movie pentalogy about a different group of characters in the same universe [takes place a few years after the series, I think]. The final movie isn't out in Japan until February of next year, though.
dog