Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296883 times)

meeb

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Just what you'd expect from the master!
« Reply #6840 on: May 25, 2016, 04:58:50 PM »
Evangelion really is overrated crap. If you need to read a bunch of supplemental material for the plot to even make a lick of fucking sense your storytelling is shit.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #6841 on: May 25, 2016, 07:21:09 PM »
Evangelion is one of the GOATs and plot is for nerds

Tasty

« Reply #6842 on: May 25, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
Haven't seen Eva outside of angsty AMVs and the Rebuild series.

Gotta say, I'm a huge fan.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6843 on: May 26, 2016, 05:03:28 PM »

:noah
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6844 on: May 26, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »
Avatar is good shit. Stay on it and then make the jump to Legend of Korra.

iTunes had the whole Korra series available for $30, so I grabbed that. It'll be nice for me, since it's in English. We've been watching Aang's story in Japanese on Amazon Japan's streaming service.

helios

« Reply #6845 on: June 09, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »
Based Hisoka

:rejoice

Truly da MVP of HxH. This fucker is unstoppable.

dkdk

« Reply #6846 on: June 09, 2016, 10:20:30 PM »
Togashi is a showoff  :shaq2

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6847 on: June 09, 2016, 11:41:07 PM »
Been knocking out a bunch of anime movies these past few weeks. All of them are rewatches except for the last one, that's new. Some times it's nice to kick back and enjoy some classics.

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
End of Evangelion
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Venus Wars
Roujin Z
Paprika
Sky Crawlers
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
Lupin III: Farewell to Nostradamus
Lupin III: Dead or Alive
Patlabor the Movie
Patlabor the Movie 2
WXIII: Patlabor the Movie 3
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Summer Wars

And the greatest anime of all....

:uguu :lawd  GIRLS und PANZER der FILM  :lawd :uguu
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6848 on: June 16, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
We were bored last night and looked for something on Crunchy Roll to watch.  Stumbled across "Dog Days" and decided to watch it because  :doge.

And it's so weird.  The show is about a fantasy world with humanoid animals fighting each other for control of territories.  The good guys here are the dogs and the bad guys are cats.  When they fight each other, the defeated cat people don't die but instead turn into big cat-blob head things. 

The dog people are worried about losing, so they summon a "legendary hero" who is of course STUDENT FROM JAPAN.  At least this time, the kid is from England and is a gymnast.  You wonder why the latter matters, and then...

To get to the dogs' castle, the cat soldiers have to cross what appears to be an obstacle course like something out of one of those Ninja Warrior shows.  There's a group running commentary on this and nobody actually dies here.  It's all "friendly" competition.
:dead

So bizarre.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6849 on: June 16, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »
Fun fact: Dog Days ran for, like, 3 seasons.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6850 on: June 16, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »
Dog girl waifus
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #6851 on: June 16, 2016, 06:50:20 PM »
Dog girl waifus

Gives new meaning to "my bitches"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #6853 on: June 20, 2016, 03:21:48 AM »
Finally finished Yamato 2199.  Took me like 2 years because of the episodic pace for a lot of it, but it was always quality.  It's a good sci-fi space journey.  The directing, the animation, the character writing, the music is all top-notch.  My only issues were the plot writing has some lame BS saves where the Yamato would have fucking died as shown by facts established in the series physics.  One them being:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In one of the final eps they show up at Garmillas and Iscander and get sneak attacked by a fucking WAVE MOTION CANNON straight at them, they visibly see it, realize they're fucked and turn a bit and somehow only get scrapped, yet they've shown over and over that when the Yamato uses the WAVE MOTION CANNON it's such a huge energy beam that it wipes out entire fleets with gigantic width.  You don't see it coming straight at you and dodge a few feet and survive.
[close]

And it's not like I wanted realistic writing where the Yamato dies or anything, just I wish it had smarter writing so it didn't put them in those situations that were actually impossible to get out of and then had to write a BS save. 

Then the last couple of eps were way weaker than the fantastic journey as the antagonist and Iscandar are just super underdeveloped and a bunch of ridiculous nonsense happens in the last 2 eps which all kind of detracts from the good sci-fi writing of the show for the most part.  I think a lot of that are leftovers of the 60s or 70s when the original Yamato TV aired. 

Still it's a good watch, definitely a quality show and there aren't a lot of non-gundam anime star trek shows out there.  But the writing problems I have with it keep me from loving it and being a new favorite.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6854 on: June 20, 2016, 11:33:04 AM »
There's a Yamato 2199 movie too, it's pretty good.
©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6855 on: June 24, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »
AnimeBore, where is the best place to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? :doge

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #6856 on: June 24, 2016, 03:56:34 PM »
crunchyroll

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #6857 on: June 25, 2016, 12:18:15 AM »
Little Witch Academia is getting a TV series  :lawd :aah :noah :rejoice

kick51

« Reply #6858 on: June 25, 2016, 12:07:21 PM »
I'm liking Psycho Pass a few eps in.  Major GITS SAC vibes....but with a sickly looking teen girl in the lead but w/e she's not terrible.  Love the little cyberpunk gimmicks like how they can change the way an interior looks and their vision of the future internet and those ridiculous plot-tension guns. I hear it goes to shit in the second season or something. 

I'm regretting selling my Berserk manga collection and am thinking of buying a whole new set on ebay for like 375, a bit of a mark up on the $8 a book I originally paid.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6859 on: June 25, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
Psycho-Pass has a second season [but it's not as good as the first] and also a movie [which is pretty great].
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6860 on: June 25, 2016, 01:44:30 PM »
Didn't know about the movie but I couldn't get into the second season.

helios

« Reply #6861 on: June 25, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »
The second season is alright just for seeing Akane handling shit like a boss, but the villains are pretty weak. And no hyper-oats.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6862 on: June 26, 2016, 02:53:45 AM »
You know what? I'm looking for anime recommendations and since the bore is a much more sane crowd that won't recommend things the receipt obviously doesn't want I thought it would be the best place.

I'm looking for tv shows. Not too  long. No shounen stuff and preferably not dealing with high school stuff. Something a 25+ person can actually watch.

What kind of anime do I like? Gundam, Evangelion, Giant Robo, Macross Plus, Bebop, Nadesico, Gurren Lagann, Utena, Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell, Beserk, Escaflowne, and well that's mostly what I've kept around since my anime dvd purge. So I'm looking for something that has solid storytelling basically. Something not too dumb. Thing's I've liked recently would include Iron Blooded Orphans, Fate Zero, A Women Called Fujiko Mine, The New Italian Lupin thingy, and that's about it. I like fun stuff, but wouldn't mind something meaty.

Thanks.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #6863 on: June 26, 2016, 05:15:09 AM »
have you seen Steins;Gate, its about time travel (well kinda)

puella magi madoka magica? its a lighthearted magical girl show where nothing bad happens

Monster? (its like 74 eps lol)

which gundam series have you seen? 08th ms team and 0080 are both short but good writing

death parade is recentish and not bad, it mite make you feel sad tho
萌え~

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6864 on: June 26, 2016, 01:36:05 PM »
there was this dope show i got into years ago about a detective or something in tokyo where part of the city was a no go/walled off area. There was magic too and I think it was one of those shorter 13 eps series. There might have been two seasons. I was gonna recommend it but I can't remember the name of it.

helios

« Reply #6865 on: June 26, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
Darker than Black?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6866 on: June 26, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »
Darker than Black?

Nah, this was a bit more recent, like sometime between 2012 and 2014.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6867 on: June 26, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »
have you seen Steins;Gate, its about time travel (well kinda)

puella magi madoka magica? its a lighthearted magical girl show where nothing bad happens

Monster? (its like 74 eps lol)

which gundam series have you seen? 08th ms team and 0080 are both short but good writing

death parade is recentish and not bad, it mite make you feel sad tho

I've seen Madoka. It was good.

I've seen pretty much all Gundam.

Honestly, if it's a show from before 2013 I probably have heard of it, seen it, and made a judgement. I'm looking for more recent shows. Monster is too long at this point.

Is Steins Gate good? It seems like it's otaku trash, but I don't know. Based on a visual novel so..

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #6868 on: June 26, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »
steins;gate is gud not trash for sure
萌え~

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6869 on: June 26, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
Shingeki no Bahamut is great too and Aldnoah?

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #6871 on: June 27, 2016, 04:31:28 AM »
Hajime no Ippo is awesome, brehs.
UK

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #6872 on: June 27, 2016, 08:45:30 PM »
Rahx, I think you would like Erased(12 episodes), Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress finishes this Thursday(12 episodes). Definitely co-signing Death Parade.

Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6873 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07:44 PM »
You know what? I'm looking for anime recommendations and since the bore is a much more sane crowd that won't recommend things the receipt obviously doesn't want I thought it would be the best place.

Parasyte - Sentient alien parasites infiltrate and take control of human hosts, except for the main character who manages to stop the parasite from infiltrating past his arm. With both now trapped between two worlds, they have to navigate a violent combination of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and David Cronenberg body-horror.

Prison School - Yes, it's a school show, but it's also one of the funniest, most insane anime school show possibly ever.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - New York City is now ground zero for illegal aliens [from another dimension], but life goes on. Has a lot of good action and really great characters.

Maria the Virgin Witch - Despite what the name and synopsis suggests, this is actually a really good mix of medieval history and fantasy, that balances the misery of that time period with the belief that things can get better if capable people step up, even if it means going against the will of Heaven.

Psycho Pass - In the future, a system is used to identify and eliminate people who are merely likely to commit a crime, so you've got to make sure that your mental state is constantly on an even keel, because if it goes up too high for too high you're pretty much screwed. You can probably guess that the fallibility of the system plays a major role here.

Rage of Bahamut - Based on an F2P money-pit, but it's actually a really good fantasy adventure series. Lots of fun characters, great animation.

Space Dandy - Each episode feature a different crew and there's no real overarching story, but it's a lot of fun and just keeps getting better and better as the show goes a long. One of the my favorite shows of the past decade.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #6874 on: June 28, 2016, 03:15:56 AM »
Finished watching Nekomonogatari Black the other day.  Slowly working my way through the monogatari series despite that everything after Bakemonogatari has been kind of just ok/boring.  But the original Bakemonogatari series is probably top10 anime for me so it has enough cred that I'll keep watching the sequel series hoping for some gold later on.  I think next up is Bakemonogatari 2nd Series.  Man, the original Bakemonogatari is just so damn well directed and written.  It's a bit pervy, but that's ok because it's really clever and funny.  Plus the directing's super stylish and the arcs are short enough to not overstay their welcome.  Nisemonogatari was a complete zzzzzzzzzz and Nekomonogatari started off good but really should've been like 2eps instead of 4 because there's not a ton of story and it's just a lot of filler talking which is when monogatari is at its weakest.

I'm looking for tv shows. Not too  long. No shounen stuff and preferably not dealing with high school stuff. Something a 25+ person can actually watch.

What kind of anime do I like? Gundam, Evangelion, Giant Robo, Macross Plus, Bebop, Nadesico, Gurren Lagann, Utena, Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell, Beserk, Escaflowne, and well that's mostly what I've kept around since my anime dvd purge. So I'm looking for something that has solid storytelling basically. Something not too dumb. Thing's I've liked recently would include Iron Blooded Orphans, Fate Zero, A Women Called Fujiko Mine, The New Italian Lupin thingy, and that's about it. I like fun stuff, but wouldn't mind something meaty.

Thanks.

Baccano, but you've probably seen it.  Black Lagoon?  GiTS SAC?  Guessing you've seen all of those. 

If you want something that's more character writing, less giant story, I'd recommend Tatami Galaxy if you didn't watch that.  Since you're in the Voltron mecha mood, if you haven't seen it and you're willing to sit through episodic for a while, Gaogaigar -> Gaogaigar Final is amazing by the finish.  Really has a great payoff in the end but it's a long, sometimes boring, ride.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6875 on: June 28, 2016, 08:07:25 AM »
Rahx, I think you would like Erased(12 episodes), Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress finishes this Thursday(12 episodes). Definitely co-signing Death Parade.

This is available on Amazon Prime.jp and looks interesting. Is it steampunk? What's the deal with the train?

kick51

« Reply #6876 on: June 28, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »
omggg both Tomie and Blame are getting reprinted in collected editions this fall/winter  :lawd

Some kind of Berserk Omnibus would be nice

edit: got a copy of I Am A Hero omnibus 1 in today.  bought on a whim, seems neat. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:37:39 PM by kick51 »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6877 on: June 28, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »
edit: got a copy of I Am A Hero omnibus 1 in today.  bought on a whim, seems neat.
It's not as focused as I'd like it to be, but it does have a slightly more interesting spin on a zombie apocalypse than other stories. Lots of "sigh, Japan" though, so beware. It only becomes fully apparent once he starts travelling with a schoolgirl. :doge
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:53:58 PM by Rufus »

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #6878 on: June 28, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »

This is available on Amazon Prime.jp and looks interesting. Is it steampunk? What's the deal with the train?

Kabaneri is definitely steampunk and the train is where most of the characters live, traveling to different towns/stations and to keep them safe from the Kabane. After a certain episode it might get too over the top/ridiculous for some people but I found the show to be rather enjoyable. Best OP this season too.
Boo

kick51

« Reply #6879 on: June 28, 2016, 03:59:16 PM »
It's not as focused as I'd like it to be, but it does have a slightly more interesting spin on a zombie apocalypse than other stories. Lots of "sigh, Japan" though, so beware. It only becomes fully apparent once he starts travelling with a schoolgirl. :doge

I hope since he's a manga artist, it's just some kind of meta-commentary, right? 

either way...*sigh* i'm pretty used to it

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6880 on: June 28, 2016, 04:12:14 PM »
There is room for that interpretation, I think. It might also be a self-insert fantasy. :goty

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6881 on: June 28, 2016, 04:14:31 PM »
Rahxephon asking for anime recs? That's like PD asking who the best black dick pornstars are.
I actually don't watch much anime anymore. Watching the first 4 episodes of Iron Blooded Orphans is the most anime I've seen since 2013 when I watched Fate Zero.

Also this may be the best place to ask this question. What is the best way to stream MKV files to play on your tv? I know the PS4 and Xbox can play them, but it wasn't the best and you can't control subs and audio. I know the Apple TV 2 has VLC on it and the workaround I had with the Apple TV 1 kind of worked, but again not the best. Anyone try those Intel Computers on a Stick? Do those work well?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:21:01 PM by Rahxephon91 »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #6882 on: June 28, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »
I'm inclined to trust Hanazawa (author of I Am a Hero) considering he wrote Ressentiment, which is a total evisceration of loser otaku fantasies and one of the only good examples of the stuck in a game world story.

Tasty

« Reply #6883 on: June 28, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »
I'm inclined to trust Hanazawa (author of I Am a Hero) considering he wrote Ressentiment, which is a total evisceration of loser otaku fantasies and one of the only good examples of the stuck in a game world story.
 (Image removed from quote.)

I want to read this.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6884 on: June 28, 2016, 04:42:30 PM »
Read Inuyashiki instead. It's about an old man who gets turned into a cyborg superweapon and decides to start fighting crime.

dog

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #6885 on: June 28, 2016, 04:50:03 PM »

Hiromi's cuteness is a miracle of the universe
until she cuts her hair
[close]
also she is important to plot if latest chapter is any indication lol
[close]
i mostly just like how shes actually a jealous piece of shit kinda
[close]
萌え~

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6886 on: June 28, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
Her hair is fine. :I
dandruff~
[close]

(Image removed from quote.)
Huh. I completely forgot about that.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6887 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:01 PM »
Take your time, you'll catch up zo Miura faster than you might want to. :/

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #6888 on: June 29, 2016, 02:33:08 AM »
I already did  :-\

Read 344 like 10 minutes ago. Now to watch the last shitty CGI movie in preparation for the shitty CGI show.

how awesome was
rickert bitchslapping griffith
[close]
萌え~

kick51

« Reply #6889 on: June 29, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
Inuyashiki added to the list

Unfortunately, Ressentiment hasnt been localized?  And i dont do scans since i dont have a nice tablet to read em on.

kick51

« Reply #6890 on: June 29, 2016, 03:35:29 PM »
Speaking of Blame and Tsutomu Nihei, is his shit agreed upon as pretty incomprehensible?  Blame is a little easier to follow, but Biomega was just like wut wait there's a talking bear on a motorcycle and now there are other bears and cool architecture and indecipherable action scene wut wut 

I love it, he might have my favorite style and it's all dripping with kick ass post-apocalyptic atmosphere but a lot of times I'm just lost concerning the plot. 

I already did  :-\

Read 344 like 10 minutes ago. Now to watch the last shitty CGI movie in preparation for the shitty CGI show.

You got through the whole thing in a day? You're a fast reader  :lol

it is pretty fucking awesome though. Really hard to put it down.   

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6891 on: June 29, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »
You learn to just roll with it. Especially since now that he's a few series/stories deep he definitely has stuff he likes to go back to repeat (body horror, bears, masks etc.)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6892 on: June 29, 2016, 05:46:17 PM »
Trying to make sense of Nihei's plots is a fool's errand, mostly, except for maybe Sidonia.
dog

kick51

« Reply #6893 on: June 29, 2016, 07:27:51 PM »
That's true, sidonia is more straight forward. But with hints of going full xenosaga where i left off pretty early on.  Gotta get back to that one.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6894 on: June 29, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »
It ends kind of abruptly. Felt like it, anyway. Neds* fairly neatly though, if boring.

*I'm just going to leave this the way it is, because it's amazing to me that I didn't see it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:13:59 AM by Rufus »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6895 on: June 30, 2016, 01:15:59 AM »

helios

« Reply #6897 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »
And today's issue ends on a cliffhanger  :goty2

Tasty

« Reply #6898 on: June 30, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
11 chapters is more than most people expected at least. :goty2

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6899 on: June 30, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
Just recently got into the Berserk Manga and I'm already pissed that we don't know when the next chapter will be.

I'm glad I jumped in as they got off the island, years of that must have killed you guys who have been in it for far longer.

I have caught up and forgotten the manga run at least twice over the last decade. It was brutal. Welcome to the club!