Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296876 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Je Suis un Devilman aussi
« Reply #8341 on: April 21, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-04-20/20-years-ago-the-best-anime-of-1998/.130652

1998 the GOAT
I'm young, so all I've seen here is Serial Experiments Lain. Seems like a good list of stuff to check out.
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

« Reply #8343 on: April 24, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »

So much Universal Century on the way. Hopefully this leads to Crossbone down the road.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8344 on: April 25, 2018, 12:57:21 AM »
People really need to not be sleeping on Megalo Box this season. I mean, we're talking about a post-apocalyptic mech-assisted boxing anime! But if that's not enough, it's just a really well made show with a gritty, down-to-earth look and feel like it came from the early 00s instead of the current anime environment. And it oozes with coolness and confidence, the kind of show made by people who actually know what they're doing and care about craft. I wish there could be more shows like this in a year, but you just gotta appreciate them when they come along.

More new animoo watchings:

You need to be watching Hinamatsuri, bork. The synopsis [A girl with psychic powers appears in the home of a yakuza tough and he is forced to take care of her] doesn't do the show justice at all. Rather than being some pandering animu garbage or some overwrought melodrama or some awful mashup of the two, it's actually a really well-crafted absurdist comedy [with a few touches of genuine feelings]. Like, this is an anime comedy that almost shouldn't exist: one where the characters [with all their faults] are actually almost universally likable, the comedy is well-timed and actually funny, the brief touches of feels are earned and don't overstay their welcome, and it never comes across as trying to pander to the lowest common denominator. Unless it just falls completely off a cliff in the next few episodes, it's gonna be up there with Nichijou and Cromartie High School for me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:04:31 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #8345 on: April 25, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »
rumbler-dono, aren't you watching Steins;Gate 0?

tootooroo~ In the first season it was tuturuu~ but now they're translating it as tootooroo~.
Boo

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8346 on: April 26, 2018, 09:46:42 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8347 on: April 26, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »
Aggretsuko gets a thumbs up from me

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8348 on: April 27, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
Megalobox is da GOAT this season.

Will check out Hinamatsuri, Rumbler.  Right now we're on a My Hero Academia binge to catch up.  I still wish that show was about the main character being powerless and essentially being Batman, using his wits to show up the other kids who rely on their powers too much. 

Aggretsuko gets a thumbs up from me

This was fun, too.  Funny that it's for Sanrio.  :lol
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #8349 on: April 29, 2018, 01:37:10 PM »

This is nice and the show is okay too. Makes me want to replay the game or wish there was some story DLC.
Boo

« Reply #8350 on: April 29, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
The only good anime is Mad Bull 34

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8351 on: April 29, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »
People really need to not be sleeping on Megalo Box this season. I mean, we're talking about a post-apocalyptic mech-assisted boxing anime! But if that's not enough, it's just a really well made show with a gritty, down-to-earth look and feel like it came from the early 00s instead of the current anime environment. And it oozes with coolness and confidence, the kind of show made by people who actually know what they're doing and care about craft. I wish there could be more shows like this in a year, but you just gotta appreciate them when they come along.

Gotta agree with this.

Also got stuff for fans of Ashita no Joe to see. (I'm probably the only one here.)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8352 on: April 29, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »

This is nice and the show is okay too. Makes me want to replay the game or wish there was some story DLC.

I keep thinking about watching P5, then I remember that I dropped 100 hours into the game version not that long ago and my interest slips away.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8353 on: April 29, 2018, 08:57:21 PM »

100x better than Fist of the Blue Sky: Regenesis. I tried to watch the first episode of that today, and I really wish that it was not the way that was, but it do. There's just no getting around the fact that show looks like complete fucking garbage. :stahp
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8354 on: May 01, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »

Attention to detail. :lawd
©@©™

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8355 on: May 01, 2018, 02:40:39 PM »
Megalobox- Another winner.  Seems to be tied to Ashita No Joe somehow but is basically post-apocalyptic boxing the anime.

There's actually quite a lot of Ashita no Joe in there. Most of the characters play basically the same role as in the original. It's basically Tomorrow's Joe: Apocalypse. The pacing of the story is a lot faster than the original and Junk Dog isn't an asshole like Joe.

I love the music in this so far.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8356 on: May 01, 2018, 04:24:41 PM »
I love the music in this so far.

I need for somebody to upload the music that plays during the montage at the end of episode 4.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8357 on: May 06, 2018, 12:05:54 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #8358 on: May 06, 2018, 02:51:52 AM »
So I finished G-Reconguista. After really enjoying the first half on earth for its sillyness and fun and likeable characters, once it went to space...wow.
I can't decide whether this is the worst tv show I've ever seen, or just the worst gundam ever made. Probably just stick with the latter.

The second half of this show MAKES NO SENSE. When people talk about incomprehensible I usually think they're overexaggerating. People said the same thing about Brain Powerd and Wings of Rean, but I didn't have a problem following either. Yeah the characters were all nuts and overly-emotional, but they made sense to me. G-Reco MAKES NO SENSE. It was so bad, like something was going seriously fucking wrong in production. I had no idea who these different sides fighting were and what they were fighting for and people kept switching sides and every ep people kept getting insanely OP mechs out of nowhere and what what what what what.

The final couple eps of just action was sorta ok because you can go into them with a mindset "ok, this is TEAM A vs TEAM B vs TEAM C" and just watch them fight for a couple eps, but even then nothing had impact because none of these characters had character arcs. Like I think I liked Genius Boy Klim, because he's a goofball in the first half and he calls himself Genius Boy but when he's fighting in the final battle it just felt like his character had done nothing the whole show and had no point. Which is like every character. Even the antagonist Mask. And then the final fight just sorta ends, and it doesn't even make sense, and none of the weapons make any sense.

In a lot of the 2nd half in Space I was bored and barely getting through 1 ep at a time because with no comprehension I couldn't invest/care about anything and it was zzz, by the last few eps I was angry because it was nonsense and nothing mattered and everything was crap and this was the worst gundam I've ever seen, even worse than SEED Destiny & AGE. Tomino shows are not like this. Something seriously went wrong in G-Reco's production. Very unhappy  :maf

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8359 on: May 07, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »
Reliving the disappointment of Ash not winning the Pokemon League.

paprikastaude

« Reply #8360 on: May 07, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
Currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop  :lawd

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8361 on: May 12, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »
Watched the Blame! movie. Even though it's on netflix, I bought the Blu ray for that best quality and the movie looks really good. Between this and Batman Ninja I'm starting to accept the strange cut frame cgi anime thing. Some parts still looked janky, but on a whole it looked really good and mostly captured the manga's look. Mostly the architecture, mechanical design, and the main character designs. Also the sound in the movie is excellent. Which actually helps convey the look as everything sounds like it has weight and feeling.

I will say I am impressed they made a coherent movie out of BLAME!. I like the manga, but it's pretty much a whatever looks cool type of enterprise. I've always enjoyed the manga's art and atmosphere. I've also always whatevered the story.  Nothing here is amazing, but it's competent. It's a typical western drifter helps small village type of story, which works best for Killy. Some of it's attempts at "emotional" stakes are a little lame, but in general ntohing here is obnoxiously bad. It never craps the bed or actually is super confusing which is honestly all I'm looking for when it comes to anime these days. I will say the middle part drags a bit.

As a fan of the manga I will say my disappointments is when it comes to the characters is that the various Safe Guards that appear in the manga look super cool aren't in the movie. Just Sana-Kan who is an important one, but she isn't the most interesting looking safe guard. Also missing is a lot of the body horror that the manga depicts and there's a scene in the movie where it should have been employed that it glosses over. Budget and tech issues probably, but still kind of a disappointment.

Other than that, it was a pretty fun anime movie.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8362 on: May 12, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/tsundere_asuka/status/987092615228043264
I actually rewtached Evangelion a few weeks ago and you know what? I feel like the first half gets a bad rap. Sure it gets more interesting in the 2nd half, but the first half is full of really good direction, actual humor, really good writing, world and myth building, and good character stuff.

I've heard people skip the 1st half on rewatches and I feel thats a mistake.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8363 on: May 13, 2018, 10:38:40 PM »
Watched the Blame! movie. Even though it's on netflix, I bought the Blu ray for that best quality and the movie looks really good. Between this and Batman Ninja I'm starting to accept the strange cut frame cgi anime thing. Some parts still looked janky, but on a whole it looked really good and mostly captured the manga's look. Mostly the architecture, mechanical design, and the main character designs. Also the sound in the movie is excellent. Which actually helps convey the look as everything sounds like it has weight and feeling.

I will say I am impressed they made a coherent movie out of BLAME!. I like the manga, but it's pretty much a whatever looks cool type of enterprise. I've always enjoyed the manga's art and atmosphere. I've also always whatevered the story.  Nothing here is amazing, but it's competent. It's a typical western drifter helps small village type of story, which works best for Killy. Some of it's attempts at "emotional" stakes are a little lame, but in general ntohing here is obnoxiously bad. It never craps the bed or actually is super confusing which is honestly all I'm looking for when it comes to anime these days. I will say the middle part drags a bit.

As a fan of the manga I will say my disappointments is when it comes to the characters is that the various Safe Guards that appear in the manga look super cool aren't in the movie. Just Sana-Kan who is an important one, but she isn't the most interesting looking safe guard. Also missing is a lot of the body horror that the manga depicts and there's a scene in the movie where it should have been employed that it glosses over. Budget and tech issues probably, but still kind of a disappointment.

Other than that, it was a pretty fun anime movie.

It got me to go and read Blame!, which I absolutely loved.  The world it presented was amazing, particularly after the scale just got bigger and bigger.  Now I want to re-read it!
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8364 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:57 PM »
I actually rewtached Evangelion a few weeks ago and you know what? I feel like the first half gets a bad rap. Sure it gets more interesting in the 2nd half, but the first half is full of really good direction, actual humor, really good writing, world and myth building, and good character stuff.

Galaxy Brain: Skipping both halves and just rewatching EoE. :lawd
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #8365 on: May 14, 2018, 08:56:06 AM »
Aggretsuko :rejoice

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Je Suis un Devilman aussil
« Reply #8366 on: May 14, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »
:rock

Bebpo

« Reply #8367 on: May 14, 2018, 05:03:19 PM »

Nah, Death(true)^2 -> EoE =  :lawd

The Beethoven Kawaru Pop remix still amazing.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8368 on: May 15, 2018, 10:30:22 AM »
I've been catching up on some new animu this weekend:

Amanchu Advance - More anime from Junichi Sato and the ARIA mangaka, so it's right in my wheelhouse. I love this style of comfy, mellow, slice-of-life yuri anime.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku - Romcom about moderately well-adjusted adult otaku trying to juggle work, relationships, and hobbies. It's cute and funny, I really like it.

Magical Girl Site - lawl, I think I cut myself on all the EDGE. The main character is a high school girl that gets beat up at school every day by bullies, nearly raped, then goes home and gets beat up by overachiever older brother, who considers her his punching bag for venting his frustrations, punching her repeatedly in the stomach until she cries and vomits. And the bullies kill her cat too, because why not? OMG SO DARK, GET FUCKED MADOKA MAGICA, THERE'S A NEW DARK SHERIFF IN TOWN.  ::) Then the story begins for real, and it's just a lame Madoka ripoff. All the Magical Girls get "sticks" that grant them one power, and every time they use that power it drains some of their life force, and there's an upcoming End-of-the-World event called The Tempest, because Walpurgis Night was already taken. Meh.

Aggretsuko: Big Mood, the anime. :noah
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #8370 on: May 16, 2018, 11:23:41 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8371 on: May 18, 2018, 01:04:05 AM »

youtube just recommended this to me:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vlad The Impaler 11 months ago
Written By Hideo Kojima.
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8372 on: May 18, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
Even though I said "skip all of Evangelion and just watch EoE", I'm actually a filthy liar and am rewatching Evangelion. And tbh, it makes a lot more sense now than when I last watched it when I was ~20. Not the religious symbolism and technobabble, all that stuff just is what it is, but I mean Shinji makes sense now. He's scared and confused, people are always demanding shit from him and making him do some job he's barely qualified for and hates, he just wants to crawl up into a corner and die, but he pulls through (barely) with the love and support of his friends. Evangelion is just "Being an Adult: The Anime".
:fbm
©@©™

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #8373 on: May 18, 2018, 03:53:31 PM »
PSA: :drudge

Your Name aka Kimi no Na Wa aka the highest grossing anime in Japan of 2017 is on PSN for $2.00 this weekend, both the English and Japanese dub. No excuses, don't be a pleb, buy it, it's good.
Boo

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8374 on: May 18, 2018, 04:43:22 PM »
i don't want to cry rn

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #8376 on: May 19, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #8379 on: May 21, 2018, 05:46:45 PM »
I still love Tomino, even if the backhalf of G-reco was the worst gundam ever. I'm not sure how much I blame him for that since there were clearly production issues (and I got confirmation that the show was supposed to be 50 eps when the script was written and during production got changed to 26, which I'm sure played a big part of it being nonsense).

That being said not everything Tomino touches is great. CCA outside the battle scenes, music and the ending kinda sucks, F91 is bad outside the mecha (F91 was supposed to be a 50 ep storyline script that they had to do in a 2 hour movie lol). But unlike a lot of people I love all of Gundam ZZ.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8380 on: May 21, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #8381 on: May 23, 2018, 07:14:57 AM »
Watched a number of episodes of Megalo Box.

I probably don't like that anime as much as others do but I do love that throwback art look it has. Super Cool. Especially for somebody who grew up on the old stuff. Music is nice too.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #8383 on: May 24, 2018, 07:19:42 PM »
Hyouka got put up too. :uguu

Tasty

« Reply #8384 on: May 24, 2018, 09:55:48 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8385 on: May 24, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »

Second Impact, September 2000 (colorized)
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8386 on: May 24, 2018, 10:45:21 PM »
If we were on the correct time line, Human Instrumentality would have already been achieved.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #8387 on: May 24, 2018, 11:31:16 PM »
Thanks Obama.

paprikastaude

« Reply #8388 on: May 26, 2018, 07:22:18 PM »
Currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop  :lawd

Final 3 eps still hitting all the feels, I'm kind of surprised. Those characters + OST :lawd

Bebpo

« Reply #8389 on: May 30, 2018, 01:02:23 AM »
Having not seen the new FLCLs yet, the best thing about the new FLCLs is that they're bringing over The Pillows for an LA show for the first time in like 15 years to promote it! Just announced today and tickets went up.

Downside of US Pillows shows is they pretty much just play FLCL songs
Upside of the US Pillows shows is that they play pretty much FLCL songs and it's in the US

Japan shows each year play good variety of stuff but only a couple of old classics from that era. Then again they have soooo many good songs post-FLCL era. Hopefully FLCL S2/S3 songs pull from their newer albums over the last 20 years.

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #8390 on: June 02, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
In addition to what Bebpo said above, FLCL Progressive comes on tonight at 12.
Boo

archie4208

« Reply #8391 on: June 03, 2018, 07:36:58 AM »
The latest episode of Persona 5.  :lawd :lawd :lawd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8392 on: June 04, 2018, 06:18:10 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #8393 on: June 04, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The Japanese version of Pokemon is surprisingly effective at this. :doge

+

+

big ass orchestra

=

:gladbron

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8395 on: June 08, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »
https://kotaku.com/racist-twitter-comments-lead-to-animes-cancellation-1826630517

Wish this would say what the actual fucking tweets said. Such lazy reporting goddamn.

Let me guess...Brian Ashcroft?   Yup, Brian Ashcroft!   :lol

He's one of those "I LIVE IN JAPAN HERE'S STUFF ABOUT JAPAN.  JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN DID U KNOW I LIVE IN JAPAN!?!?" kind of "reporters."  Anyway, love some of the comments:

I got a notice from Amazon that my pre-order of the 3rd volume was cancelled by the publisher (J-Novel) as well. I was enjoying the series too. Not sure what was supposed to make the reader uncomfortable, maybe whatever it was got lost in translation. Hopefully it will be temporary, because I really do want to continue the series.

Edit: Oh I see, the whole killed 3000 people in a war. It’s a war people die, why does that make people uncomfortable? I figured it was probably an exaggeration anyways. At least that is what it came accross like when I read it.
I like how you can’t understand why anyone would care about thousands of people dying in a war but you expect all of us to feel super-bad for you because you don’t get to read a light novel.
“Oh I see, the whole killed 3000 people in a war. It’s a war people die, why does that make people uncomfortable? I figured it was probably an exaggeration anyways. At least that is what it came accross like when I read it.”

“The light novel’s creator writes under the penname MINE. When the anime was announced, Twitter users pointed to tweets MINE made between 2012 and 2015 with racist and derogatory comments towards China and South Korea.”
Reading is hard, isn’t it?
Stop reading manga and pick up a history book you weeabo

LET US WEEP FOR THE CANCELLED ANIME CREATED BY A RACIST ABOUT A GUY GOING TO ANOTHER WORLD OMG SO ORIGINAL AN INCREDIBLE PIECE OF ART HAS BEEN LOST
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:58:47 AM by bork »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8396 on: June 08, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »
lol it's just another trash isekai series anyway
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩