Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 575788 times)

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4320 on: March 22, 2018, 03:29:38 AM »
Lmao

samir

« Reply #4321 on: March 22, 2018, 03:35:43 AM »
Cream, what's your major?

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #4322 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:08 AM »
Cream, what's your major?

Electronic Media and Film, at a film school.

Video Production, editing, directing screenwriting stuff like that

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4323 on: March 22, 2018, 04:43:34 AM »
post in the goddamn movie thread then and stop with this fuckery man

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4324 on: March 22, 2018, 04:49:12 AM »
I need hentai manga. Preferably with giant animal dicks.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4325 on: March 22, 2018, 04:49:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-saw-some-ufos.31196/

It was a row of three lights, with the two on the end pulsing between red and green, and it stayed in place for as long as I decided to look at it.

:ohhh :ohhh :ohhh :ohhh :ohhh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Bore Expert

« Reply #4326 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:03 AM »
does lore even have a degree? what's the context for his temper tantrums?

A degree in Kicking Ass  :dice

daemon

« Reply #4327 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:44 AM »

[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4328 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:01 AM »

[close]

Jerry

« Reply #4329 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:26 AM »
 :drudge :drudgeSTAY ON TOPIC :drudge :drudge
COYS

etiolate

« Reply #4330 on: March 22, 2018, 05:39:40 AM »
the "Ban me" thread on GAF is the top non-stickied thread in OT  :neogaf

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4331 on: March 22, 2018, 06:03:06 AM »
**extreme nerd voice**
Dramatic admonishment for daring to speak in my own defense on my own website as I've done a thousand times before. Leave the fool to his foolishness, then. Defending yourself within reason (e.g. you aren't disproportionately escalating back) has always been allowed here and always will be, and response to ad hominem is a necessary part of anyone's communication and debate toolbox, especially on the internet where every other person is an angry bag of hot air - with a minor in women's studies - like our OP here. You're creating an arbitrary set of standards (that I can't ever speak in my own defense or NeoGAF's or the other users here for that matter) and then having me fail to meet them to your liking. I don't know what world you're living in, but on mine it's not faux pas to throw a retort in at the occasional internet shitbag's unwarranted personal attacks whether you're a CEO or a politician or a writer or anyone else who deals with this kind of nonsense on the regular.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4332 on: March 22, 2018, 06:53:55 AM »
read that in comic book guy voice was amused.

blaze

« Reply #4333 on: March 22, 2018, 07:11:03 AM »
I see sea of thieves is the lastest game on ree that you aren't allowed say is bad without being a "troll"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4334 on: March 22, 2018, 07:24:29 AM »
n/m, disaffected millennial with useless degree and probable student debt. You clearly have zero self-awareness of just how foolish you look trying to wave around your history degree "with a focus on women's studies" as if that does anything to recontextualize your impotent temper tantrum. Sincerely, now's as good a time as any to take a step back and reflect on your behavior. Stop and read your own posts. Do you see anything other than a litany of personal attacks and childish demands to be taken seriously?

Evilore.  We need a emoji for him.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ban-me.1461563/#post-253217393

One of the hidden emoticons:
:lore
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4335 on: March 22, 2018, 07:42:04 AM »
Quote from: Autoignition, post: 253217418, member: 603432
Gotta say, this was at least one of the more entertaining "ban me" posts I've seen. Sorry to see you go, dude. But I completely understand the frustration and the degree to which you're fed up. I'm not quite there myself yet, but...

Quote from: EviLore, post: 253217393, member: 4
Why are you so ang--

n/m, disaffected millennial with useless degree and probable student debt.

This is a bad fucking look, man.
Quote from: yuoke, post: 253217424, member: 96699
Yep, the hypocrisy is real.
Quote from: Autoignition, post: 253217432, member: 603432

Yep. Opens the post with a personal attack, then follows it up by asking how OP expects to be taken seriously when he uses personal attacks.

Also, not everyone is fortunate enough to get rich off of an online gaming forum; someone like Evilore mocking someone for their assumed financial situation is really punching down. Just mean for no reason and a bad look for someone who's almost quite literally the face of the site.
Quote from: EviLore, post: 253217441, member: 4
Last I checked the opening had already occurred when the OP hurled defamatory comments and insults directly at me, the site, and other people here. That doesn't merit much diplomacy or respect in return, though if you think I stand out as the one looking bad here for calling a useless degree useless then you're wearing some serious Eating Crackers goggles. Recognize context.
Quote from: Autoignition, post: 253217452, member: 603432
You will always stand out because you are the ultimate authoritative voice on this site, and you are the one who profits from running it. When you kneejerk to a petty defense like that, it looks distasteful. Professionalism demands the high road be taken, because whether you agree with this or not, you represent this entire community. No one's asking you to kiss the ass of a user who's clearly posting inflammatory remarks, but jeering, mocking, and coming back with the same level of childishness makes all of us look bad and makes you personally look thin-skinned and unprofessional.

Also, just as an aside, I don't understand the eating crackers reference.

No one asked Evilore to be polite. You can be both stern and professional.
Quote from: mr2xxx, post: 253217462, member: 80749
Yep and a major reason the exodus was so vast.
Quote from: EviLore, post: 253217471, member: 4
It's a reference to:

(Image removed from quote.)

Trust me: I'm an expert at eating crackers and acting like I own the place.

Look, feigning sainthood and self-serious anal retentive formality doesn't set a constructive example or inform the intended tone here when that isn't the intended tone at all and never has been.

You're on the internet posting in a trashy account suicide thread I undeleted to poke some fun at after busting out laughing at the last bit about reading academic journals and a history degree with a focus on women's studies. Feel free to critique my professionalism and composure at the next G20 summit, but I'll once again suggest some recognition of context.
Quote from: Autoignition, post: 253217475, member: 603432
This response is baffling to me. So, what's the tone that you want to set here, then, exactly? That you want this place to become shitpost central? That it's okay to kneejerk to a defense that punches down in a very personalized manner? Even though one of the rules is to not engage in personal attacks? What happened to wanting newGAF to be a place of civilized discourse? At what point does civilized discourse end? Where does the window for shitposting open?

Your attack against this now former user doesn't "set a tone"; it creates a dissonance. It creates a divide between the rules that you set up and that your mod team enforces vs your own personal behavior. The message that's being relayed is "Well, it's okay when I make fun of someone for being poor, but don't let me or the mod team catch you bringing up someone's post history of defending pedophiles because that's a personal attack."

And, again, no one asked you for politeness or sainthood. All you had to do was post "Done." -- or even say nothing at all -- ban the guy, lock the thread, and move on. You even just said that you deleted and undeleted the thread -- what, just to be petty? And if you really think I have Eating Crackers goggles on, then you're paranoid on top of it. I've never said a damn word to or about you before this thread, so to accuse me of holding some grudge against you just crosses the line into downright silly.

You're acting a fool, and it's just a bad fucking look all around, broheim.

Quote from: EviLore, post: 253217508, member: 4
Dramatic admonishment for daring to speak in my own defense on my own website as I've done a thousand times before. Leave the fool to his foolishness, then. Defending yourself within reason (e.g. you aren't disproportionately escalating back) has always been allowed here and always will be, and response to ad hominem is a necessary part of anyone's communication and debate toolbox, especially on the internet where every other person is an angry bag of hot air - with a minor in women's studies - like our OP here. You're creating an arbitrary set of standards (that I can't ever speak in my own defense or NeoGAF's or the other users here for that matter) and then having me fail to meet them to your liking. I don't know what world you're living in, but on mine it's not faux pas to throw a retort in at the occasional internet shitbag's unwarranted personal attacks whether you're a CEO or a politician or a writer or anyone else who deals with this kind of nonsense on the regular.
Quote from: Autoignition, post: 253217512, member: 603432
Wow. If asking you to adhere to your own ruleset is "arbitrary" to you, then that's a statement on you, not me.

The statement is a very disappointing one, by the way.
Shower Goblin annihilated.
 :whoo

Quote from: EviLore, post: 253217508, member: 4
Defending yourself within reason (e.g. you aren't disproportionately escalating back) has always been allowed here and always will be
:crowdlaff :girlaff
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4336 on: March 22, 2018, 08:25:04 AM »
I see sea of thieves is the lastest game on ree that you aren't allowed say is bad without being a "troll"
From what i understand the game is literally Microsoft's No Man's Sky.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4337 on: March 22, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »

Seems like an apt description...maybe even worse than that.

Forbes: Xbox One's 'Sea Of Thieves' Is No More Than 10% Of A Finished Game

As expected, Sea of Thieves was released yesterday and the game is….very much like what we’ve seen in the early tests the past few weeks and months. There was this running pre-defense of Sea of Thieves by Xbox fans that secret depths were lurking under the surface, that we were only seeing the tip of the iceberg but that simply is not the case.

Sea of Thieves feels like a good deal when rolled into Microsoft’s $10-a-month-for-a-whole-bunch-of-games Xbox Game Pass, but less so when you realize this is being sold as a $60 title to most players. Playing the game myself, watching more advanced people play “later” stages on Twitch, it seems very clear that this is a totally unfinished game, and yes, my earlier, much-derided predictions about Sea of Thieves having No Man’s Sky’s strengths and weaknesses were warranted.

Some things about Sea of Thieves are great. I really like the fundamental mechanic of missions being little more than a map and an X, and it’s up to you to figure out where you’re going and what to dig up without giant flashing indicators on your screen telling you exactly where to go. And there’s obviously a lot of fun to be had in a larger crew with friends, goofing around, trying to steer your ship properly, but being matchmade with randoms or being forced to play solo siphons almost all enjoyment out of Sea of Thieves immediately.

The problem is that Sea of Thieves is not a complete game. It just isn’t. It’s maybe 5 or 10% of one, but given what other open world/co-op games can offer you for $60, it’s just astonishing how little Sea of Thieves offers. The issues? Where to start.
ど助平

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Oi Oi

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4339 on: March 22, 2018, 08:36:27 AM »

Pretty much. I like the premise of a game's hook being the shared experience of doing stuff with friends, but the game doesn't seem to have anything beyond that. Gimme a story, give me PvP, give me high-skill combat, give me a leaderboard, give terrain I can interact with, give me any of those.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4340 on: March 22, 2018, 08:38:00 AM »

Risible

« Reply #4341 on: March 22, 2018, 08:38:43 AM »
I was intrigued by Sea of Thieves and then I watched Giant Bomb livestream it and could see after watching 30 minutes of it that it would very very quickly get boring as shit.

Risible

« Reply #4342 on: March 22, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »

I love how that person completely missed the point of that cartoon.

benjipwns

« Reply #4343 on: March 22, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/support-for-free-speech-is-rising-and-is-higher-among-liberals-and-college-graduates.31225/

Reee considers free speech to be dangerous.
Don't worry.

That line of thinking represents the majority. The views the OP are trying to show do not represent the views of the majority of America thankfully.

benjipwns

« Reply #4344 on: March 22, 2018, 08:45:04 AM »
Racists and similarly minded people do not deserve the right to speak period let alone publicly.
well, there it is

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4345 on: March 22, 2018, 08:46:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/support-for-free-speech-is-rising-and-is-higher-among-liberals-and-college-graduates.31225/

Reee considers free speech to be dangerous.

“Students linked arms but were mown down. APCs then ran over the bodies time and time again to make, quote ‘pie’ unquote, and remains collected by bulldozer.

Free speech is dangerous, but not in a way that most people posting on resetera would understand.

benjipwns

« Reply #4346 on: March 22, 2018, 08:49:34 AM »
Quote from: excelsiorlef
I do agree that there are dangers/drawbacks to limiting free speech, such as enabling the banning of certain types of clothing in the name of protecting the people wearing them by fining the people wearing them.

benjipwns

« Reply #4347 on: March 22, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »
I hope the irony of the 'freeze peach' zealots isn't lost on you. Because any sensible thinking apparatus of the legislative arm can come up with a sensible differenciator between hate speech and free speech - it's not rocket surgery.
how to undermine your argument in one easy step of sensible rocket surgery

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4348 on: March 22, 2018, 08:55:35 AM »
This bitch aint loyal  :snob

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4349 on: March 22, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »
I wonder if reee would consider “men don’t get an opinion on abortion” to be hate speech.
Oi Oi

tuna_love

« Reply #4350 on: March 22, 2018, 09:02:26 AM »
i like sea of thieves you trolls  :stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #4351 on: March 22, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
So just to be clear your point of view is that people should be allowed to speak no matter what they have to say?
Yes. And yes, that includes Nazis, Holocaust deniers, or whatever other problem cases you want to nominate.
Awesome.

I thank God people like you are in the minority. Though I can't fathom how you sleep at night.
I really enjoy all the chest beating about how they're the actual majority. So, from their own perspective, they're literally arguing for the majority to use the law to silence minorities. And part of their justification is that the minorities are minorities so people in the majority shouldn't worry about it.

Also, I enjoy how often the ACTUAL ISSUE is something else entirely and it's the fault of the disingenuous bad faith minorities who disingenuously try to confuse people out of bad faith by using words and terms that existed before everyone got the memo about the new terms to use:
Why do people continuously obfuscate the “deplatforming” issue with free speech?
The issue was never free speech. The issue is deplatforming

benjipwns

« Reply #4352 on: March 22, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
I wonder if reee would consider “men don’t get an opinion on abortion” to be hate speech.
Irrelevant, the issue has never been speech, you're being obfuscating in bad faith. The actual issue is Sea of Thieves successful and innovative dynamic gameplay.

« Reply #4353 on: March 22, 2018, 09:05:25 AM »
I got no mans sky last summer for like $20, I thought it was decent for that price, then again it had had 3 major content updates by then and was almost in the state that people assumed it would have been at launch. I wanted a pirate game but when I saw solo play sucked in Sea of Theives I just bought AC Blackflag instead.

benjipwns

« Reply #4354 on: March 22, 2018, 09:13:26 AM »
I don't know what world you're living in, but on mine it's not faux pas to throw a retort in at the occasional internet shitbag's unwarranted personal attacks whether you're a CEO or a politician or a writer or anyone else who deals with this kind of nonsense on the regular.

benjipwns

« Reply #4355 on: March 22, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
I don't know what world you're living in, but on mine
speaking of faux pas

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4356 on: March 22, 2018, 09:15:57 AM »
I hope the irony of the 'freeze peach' zealots isn't lost on you. Because any sensible thinking apparatus of the legislative arm can come up with a sensible differenciator between hate speech and free speech - it's not rocket surgery.

Sure they can champ

https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-who-taught-dog-nazi-salute-found-guilty-of-hate-crime.30797/

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4357 on: March 22, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »
I don't know what world you're living in, but on mine it's not faux pas to throw a retort in at the occasional internet shitbag's unwarranted personal attacks whether you're a CEO or a politician or a writer or anyone else who deals with this kind of nonsense on the regular.
Consider your world invaded then  :shaq

benjipwns

« Reply #4358 on: March 22, 2018, 09:21:53 AM »

Sure they can champ

https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-who-taught-dog-nazi-salute-found-guilty-of-hate-crime.30797/
Stop trying to obfuscate the issue:
I would say this is too far. But I've seen the guy debate destiny and what he has to say on Alt Right Podcasts. This isn't just some trick he taught his dog, he is a full on white supremacist or at the very least an ethnostate believer
The dude is an actual Nazi
The only disgusting thing is the dude
white supremacist trash
In UK hate speech is illegal, and saying to gas the jews is one of them. Only in US you will be allowed to deny the holocaust, works well for the US doesn't it?
As you can see he wasn't punished for his speech, he simply is hopefully being deplatformed out of reality due to being a bigot.

benjipwns

« Reply #4359 on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »
Meanwhile, the dog walks free...

Just saying.

daemon

« Reply #4360 on: March 22, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »

Just saying.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4361 on: March 22, 2018, 09:24:32 AM »
"No ones threatening free speech"

"Lock this guy up for making a youtube video!"

benjipwns

« Reply #4362 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:36 AM »
It's not as if this phrasing were novel. "Gas the Jews" is a phrase directly referring to genocide, so it's wrong to assume it's about hurting somebody's feelings. There are some ideas that are abhorrent, never again to be countenanced. Not because of somebody's feelings, but because we remember what happened last time such ideas became fashionable and hip to joke about.
"It was just stand-up and sketch comedy that got out of control" - unsuccessful defense at Nuremberg

daemon

« Reply #4363 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »
"No ones threatening free speech"

"Lock this guy up for making a youtube video!"

it's not free speech vulneration, it's societal deplatforming

It's not as if this phrasing were novel. "Gas the Jews" is a phrase directly referring to genocide, so it's wrong to assume it's about hurting somebody's feelings. There are some ideas that are abhorrent, never again to be countenanced. Not because of somebody's feelings, but because we remember what happened last time such ideas became fashionable and hip to joke about.
"It was just stand-up and sketch comedy that got out of control" - unsuccessful defense at Nuremberg

So I told Adolf to gas the jews... he actually did it the absolute madman hahahahaha

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4364 on: March 22, 2018, 09:26:06 AM »
autoignition  :clap :clap :clap :clap

marrec

« Reply #4365 on: March 22, 2018, 09:26:14 AM »

Just saying.

At least research local laws before making silly jokes Benji

He has to walk on a leash

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4366 on: March 22, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
deplatforming? is that like playing knack?

benjipwns

« Reply #4367 on: March 22, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »
At least research local laws before making silly jokes Benji

He has to walk on a leash
the homosexualist s&m agenda at work

« Reply #4368 on: March 22, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »
So I was looking at Alexa stats and was surprised at how high SomethingAwful was, in the US it’s more popular than RE and Neogaf.

SA: 1226 US (4609 global, up from 10k global in April 2017)
RE: 1425 US (3461 globally)
NeoGAF: 3425 US (7658 globally down from ~1700? globally in April 2017)

agrajag

« Reply #4369 on: March 22, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »
When Evilore gets hit, he hits back twice as hard  :trumps

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4370 on: March 22, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
So I was looking at Alexa stats and was surprised at how high SomethingAwful was, in the US it’s more popular than RE and Neogaf.

Neogaf got its fucking lunch eaten.
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #4371 on: March 22, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »
brush your teeth with broken glass

blaze

« Reply #4372 on: March 22, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »
It's strikingly similar. of course, if you mention that you get laughed off and told you're "concern trolling".

« Reply #4373 on: March 22, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
The most offensive thing about excelsiorlef is that ever devolving Team America-esque avatar. Hate speech towards my eyes. Deplatform excelsiorlef when?

daemon

« Reply #4374 on: March 22, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »

It's a way to say that the hate mobs bullying a corporation to bend the way they want had no actual involvement of free speech vulneration. Doesn't work that well with a guy being sent to prison, but they still dig either way.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4375 on: March 22, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »

Destiny 2 is more of a game than Zzzea of Thieves (copyright me)
fat

marrec

« Reply #4376 on: March 22, 2018, 10:37:58 AM »

I'm stealing this and not attributing you at all

warcock

« Reply #4377 on: March 22, 2018, 10:56:17 AM »

This is like the best timeline. GAF is dead. Re is nowhere nearly as popular as gaf was which kind of shoots the forum's original aspirations/raison d'etre bullshit(of course all a fucking construct cerium wanted a piece of the pie from the get go, watch him be as stingy as evilore with the funds the site raises). And well who cares about SA.

warcock

« Reply #4378 on: March 22, 2018, 11:00:19 AM »
These deplatforming snowflake nutballs aren't happy with having a forum safespace where authoritarian abusive douchebags who agree with their opinions enforce arbitrary rules to silence anyone they don't like...

... this is their ideal government in the real world.

They're as noxious as any Nazi ever could be.
Tbh i'd rather punch you in the face than a nazi.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4379 on: March 22, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »

I'm stealing this and not attributing you at all

mar-wrecker

mine
rub