Author Topic: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona  (Read 11497 times)

Oblivion

Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:29 PM »
Again:
[img]http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/mlib/616/01/616_1294716588.gif[img]

:lol God you're an idiot. The point is it's high profile, influential right wingers like Sarah Palin saying stupid shit and using posters with sights over lib politicians.
◕‿◕

drew

• sy
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
that last panel is pretty good

Oblivion

« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
So, for all the right wingers who are saying this dude was a lib: how exactly is that rationalized? This guy was so far left and so far communist (and fascist too, apparently) that he goes out and attempts to kill a....democrat? what what

Beardo

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/dem-congressman-who-called-gop-gov-be-put-against-wall-and-shot-n
Dem Congressman who called for GOP Gov. to be put against a wall and shot now pleads for civility
:lol

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
Rick Scott runs a criminal organization.  He's a scumbag that belongs in prison.  Calling for him to be shot is too much, but congrats after I'm sure four days of non-stop searching, you guys have found one instance of a credible/powerful person on the left making an ACTUAL call for violence, as opposed to the ten seconds it took to find that shit on the right.
yar

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
Each day seems to bring new and disturbing revelations about the mental state of accused shooter Jared Lee Loughner in the days and months leading up to the attack. The Wall Street Journal has unearthed 131 posts written in an online forum for gamers between April and June 2010. Some of the comments are chatter about weight lifting, rejection by women, or his difficulties job hunting (he wrote that he hadn't had a paycheck in six months, submitted 65 applications without an interview, and confessed to a "mental breakdown" after getting fired from five jobs). Other ramblings troubled members of the forum who worried whether Loughner had mental-health issues or was abusing drugs. The postings "exhibit fixations on grammar, the education system, government and currency, which some friends and acquaintances have described separately in the days since the attack. They are peppered with displays of misogyny." In a comment in early May, Loughner asked, "Does anyone have aggression 24/7?" Later that month, he wrote, "I bet your hungry....Because i know how to cut a body open and eat you for more then a week. ;-)"
Tonya

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:31 AM »
If it wasn't for the job issues that would pretty much be Boogie :omg
Drunk

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
sounds like a typical shut-in asshole loser
pcp

Beardo

« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »
 :drudge
'HE DID NOT WATCH TV.  HE DISLIKED THE NEWS.  HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO POLITICAL RADIO'

Suck on that feggits.

Beardo

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
Maybe Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin were using psychic energy to transmit hate speech directly into his brain!

:o

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
:drudge
'HE DID NOT WATCH TV.  HE DISLIKED THE NEWS.  HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO POLITICAL RADIO'

Suck on that distinguished effete fellows.

sounds like a paultard to me!
duc

Beardo

« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »
Some folks: "We should maybe take a moment to do some soul searching and see if this is in fact the political climate in which to nurture a healthy democratic process"

Other folks: "WHAT IF HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RHETORIC WHAT WE'RE DOING IS ABSOLUTELY FINE NO PROBLEM HERE NONE AT ALL BUT WHILE WE'RE AT IT THE OTHER SIDE HAS SAID SOME NASTY STUFF AND THEY SHOULD BE CHASTISED FOR IT BUT NOT US NO SIREE ANYONE WANT TO COME TO COME TO MY POLITICAL FUNDRAISER SLASH GUN SHOOT"

See the disconnect, Beardo?

I'm also pleased to see that Sarah Palin is using this moment to remind everyone that she is the real victim in all of this.

How convenient that you are using this tragic moment to bring this point up (of which I agree with you).

It's almost as if you are trying to... I don't know...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
associate the popular conservative movement right now with killing people.
[close]

Pretty despicable. That Sheriff should be ashamed of himself.

Beardo

« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »
Wow, even in your apology you can't help but blame someone and inject your politics into it.

Good job.

Beardo

« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
"I'm not blaming anyone for this terrible terrible tragedy where a Democrat congressman almost died. All, I'm saying is that Rush Limboaugh and Sarah Palin need to real look at what they are saying. But I'm not blaming anyone. I'm super serious you guys."

Beardo

« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:37 PM »
:lol

Next you're gonna say the shooting was Bush's Fault.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
itt people try to have intelligent conversation with dining room table

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
Don't be silly, Billy!  This shouldn't be a taking-off point for the discussion of larger sociopolitical issues.  The important thing is to exculpate your political allies from any wrongdoing, then rub your hands gleefully at the petty rhetorical victories you think you've won.

Beardo

« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
ITT: People insinuating that republicans kill people and then aghast that others think that.

The fucking Sheriff at the fucking press conference blamed Rush Limbaugh. Don't act like liberals are trying to have some kind of debate on social issues. No. Thats fucking bullshit.

A right wing conservative nut-job killing an elected democrat is every liberal's wet dream. Your side is so desperate for it to be true that you are ignoring every fact.

And then when people question you: "Oh! How dare you. We were just trying to have a dialogue. Harumph."

Beardo

« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »
So you're saying that any calls for civility in political discourse are in fact just blaming conservatives so everyone should just forget it?

Of course not. By why are you bring that up AND mentioning names that coincidentally are only Republicans. The tone of political discourse and this shooting incident have absolutely nothing to do with each other. But, you desperately want them to. So fuck you.

Do you think the press conference for this shooting was a great time to start this dialogue? Do you think a law enforcement officer was the best person to discuss hypothetical motives?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2011, 03:49:55 PM »
Any suggestion of any actions of any conservatives being inappropriate at any time ever = cynical liberals trying to score points for their own nefarious agenda.

cf. all discussions of race in the US.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
Any suggestion of any actions of any conservatives being inappropriate at any time ever = cynical liberals trying to score points for their own nefarious agenda.

cf. all discussions of race in the US.
Pretty much this. 

And no, i don't think that was the best time.  the best time would be, say in an overheated election cycle when people had gone totally off their rockers...wait a second, we did that

Or like, BEFORE anyone got shot.

Oh wait.  The very same Congresswoman that got shot did that months ago.
yar

drew

• sy
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
you guys i think what beardo is trying to say is that the reptilians are the ones responsible here because they are the string pullers of world events and are responsible for everything
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:33:01 PM by drew »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2011, 06:26:37 PM »
Beardo, do you think you could just ignore the rhetoric-blaming side to this discussion?  Some people might want to discuss it and manipulate the argument into a conservative/democrat bashing tangent but it doesn't do any good and taking the side that is less popular (on this forum) with regards to this particular topic can't help raise any support for whatever you like or don't like about any politicians.

Phoenix Dark

Beardo

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »
In this thread...

Liberals: "Look, Republicans like Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck are killing people with heir hate-filled rhetoric. KILLING PEOPLE!!!11"
Conservatives: "Wait, this guy didn't listen to talk radio or follow politics at all"
Liberals: "Whoa why are you being all defensive, just trying to have a discussion"

Beardo

« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
Unrelated but hilarious - Spike Lee called America the most violent nation in the history of civilization.  :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
In this thread...

Liberals: "Look, Republicans like Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck are killing people with heir hate-filled rhetoric. KILLING PEOPLE!!!11"
Conservatives: "Wait, this guy didn't listen to talk radio or follow politics at all"
Liberals: "Whoa why are you being all defensive, just trying to have a discussion"

Are you seriously this dumb? I don't think anyone is saying Rush or talk radio killed ANYONE. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a conversation and doesn't know what the fuck is going on.

Beardo

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
In this thread...

Are you seriously this dumb? I don't think anyone is saying Rush or talk radio killed ANYONE.

::)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
I'm sure there's some far left people who will, but the posters here aren't. We're talking about an environment of extremism and hate being inappropriate, and this shooting further highlights that fact. This guy wasn't a republican or a democrat. He's a mad man who happened to be on the far right of extremism. If you can't process that "far right" doesn't mean republican, go somewhere else because this is a discussion for grown ups.

Beardo

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
Insert Quote
I'm sure there's some far left people who will, but the posters here aren't. We're talking about an environment of extremism and hate being inappropriate, and this shooting further highlights that fact.

You're doing it right now. You're trying to associate this guy with the right.

Stop making up stuff and maybe then we can have a real discussion.

This shooting LITERALLY has nothing to do with the political climate. My fucking ball sack has more to do with the political climate than this shooting.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
meh I'm done.

edit: Obama's starting

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2011, 11:10:19 PM »
this thread has totally made me want to flee the country before the next election cycle starts. the midterms were unbearable enough!
QED

Oblivion

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2011, 04:16:56 AM »
Apparently this dude was a huge fan of that Zeitgeist video.

Beardo annihilated.

Beardo

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »
I'm convinced that this guy could have committed the shooting in an Obama Hope T-shirt and you guys would say

"Dude was a huge Obama Fan. Beardo Annihilated"

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »
Only liberals shoot liberals.

Can't be any other way.
©ZH

Beardo

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 28% of Adults say the shooting in Arizona was the result of political anger in the country. Fifty-eight percent (58%) say instead that it was a random act of violence by an unstable person. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/econ_survey_questions/january_2011/questions_arizona_shooting_january_10_11_2011

Oblivion

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 28% of Adults say the shooting in Arizona was the result of political anger in the country. Fifty-eight percent (58%) say instead that it was a random act of violence by an unstable person. Fourteen percent (14%) are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/econ_survey_questions/january_2011/questions_arizona_shooting_january_10_11_2011

Yes, let's ask what the public believes the truth is.

Next time post a poll that asks the public if they thinks evolution is real and man made climate change exists.

Beardo

« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »
Nah, next time I'll just post a poll of Olbermann's and Colbert's opinion. Clearly that is what is most important here.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
Bleed more, martyr

Beardo

« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »

It's good to see rational thought gets a show of hands when the shooter is a white male. Next stop, let's see these percentages if it's a crazy muslim person, i wonder what % will jump back and say "IT WAS ISLAM THAT MADE HIM DO IT!"

Remember the Fort Hood Shooting? You know the one last year where the shooter WAS muslim and the media narrative was "We need to be cautious and get all the facts"  I'n fact you wouldn't even have known he was Muslim even though it's reported that he shouted  "Allahu Akbar" at the beginning of his shooting.

Funny how quick the narrative changes when there are political points to gain.

Beardo

« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »
Please don't ever post polls on what people believe.

Didn't you say your sorry ass was leaving? Get out of here with that irrelevant trash.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2011, 06:05:34 PM »
dcharlie, please stop.  You can't reason with it.
yar

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »

It's good to see rational thought gets a show of hands when the shooter is a white male. Next stop, let's see these percentages if it's a crazy muslim person, i wonder what % will jump back and say "IT WAS ISLAM THAT MADE HIM DO IT!"

Remember the Fort Hood Shooting? You know the one last year where the shooter WAS muslim and the media narrative was "We need to be cautious and get all the facts"  I'n fact you wouldn't even have known he was Muslim even though it's reported that he shouted  "Allahu Akbar" at the beginning of his shooting.

Funny how quick the narrative changes when there are political points to gain.

yeah, funny, innit.
duc

Beardo

« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »
Two Shootings:

In one the media urges the public to be cautious and not make hasty judgments. Conservative point out that he had contact with a radical Muslim clerics in the middle east.

In the other the media tried to paint the shooter as a radical right winger who gets hate speech messages from Sarah Palin's website.

One of the is actually true the other has absolutely no roots in reality. You'll probably need 4 or 5 guess to figure it out.

Beardo

« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »
[youtube=560,345]R4hO4Jn3Nyw[/youtube]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2011, 12:31:24 AM »

That's simply not true.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »
Two Shootings:
In one the media urges the public to be cautious and not make hasty judgments. Conservative point out that he had contact with a radical Muslim clerics in the middle east.
In the other the media tried to paint the shooter as a radical right winger who gets hate speech messages from Sarah Palin's website.
One of the is actually true the other has absolutely no roots in reality. You'll probably need 4 or 5 guess to figure it out.
It's normal to guess about what the motivation is for a person to shoot a federal judge and congresswoman, the first thought is that it's an assassination or something but once it was found out that this guy was insane and spraying into the crowd it's clear that his personal agenda was not that important.

There's even less reason to care about the fort hood shooting.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2011, 05:02:06 AM »
revisionist history from a conservative? shocking

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
look, Beardo spent a long time assembling that strawman and he'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tear it down so quickly okay
乱学者

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »
hush, i was enjoying the moaning whines as he hauled his cross up this little internet golgotha
duc