Author Topic: TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER, O VALLEY OF PLENTY O VALLEY OF PLENTY  (Read 13911 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER, O VALLEY OF PLENTY O VALLEY OF PLENTY
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2020, 10:51:28 AM »
Fifth Episode: The Last Wish with a little Ciri action.
Sixth Episode: The Bounds of Reason which changes a lot of the story (it's still beat-for-beat the same, but avoids the Yennifer-nearly-being-raped section). Yarpen is the standout of this, as all the Dwarves in the Witcher series are.
Seventh Episode: Not connected to a short story or any of the stories, really. I think Ciri's bit might be, but it's fuzzy to me. Yennifer basically goes back to the Lodge and finds out what is happening there/Nilfgaard's second invasion (so the book one) is going to happen soon. Geralt is in the "fall of Cintra" which is weird as IIRC the books basically don't have them there for that and thus Ciri and him are thrown into their destiny a little differently.
Eighth Episode: Battle of Sodden, which is never seen in the books or games, just hinted at. It's interesting how they did it, and I really enjoyed this episode in a "they explored something that wasn't seen in the books too much" and it was nice to see the Lodge have conflict in the previous episode and Yennifer tagging along out of obligation/death-wish.

However, I'm sad we didn't get: https://preview.redd.it/eh6fafytbuy01.gif?format=mp4&s=43ca3e488bd6e81dc5281e81b7277ff2565c523f as Yennifer's attack, but more a fire-element (which was cool in her protecting her mentor, granted) when we're told the fire element (and shown it via Nilfgaard's volley) is very dangerous. So... :/

Ciri and Geralt finally meet. So I guess the next season or two is going to be the Ciri arc, which should be good if they attempt to make the beat-for-beats (and keep the Rats group and Regis) of that arc because the novella's are wayyyy better than the short-stories, IMO.

Hopefully the series gets a bigger budget though, because the fall of Cintra and Battle of Sodden were a little blurry like on film-grain and the fall of Cintra seemed a little... "cheap" when it was the opening 1-2 episode filmed.

I don't like Cahir turning into the big bad while I'm thinking of it. It fits what the books say in a way, but he failed and Nilfgaard basically strips him of rank/etc. to where he wanders around to find Ciri in the books instead of here.