Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918254 times)

Tasty

Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #1200 on: August 04, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »

Yulwei

« Reply #1201 on: August 05, 2015, 12:28:23 PM »
my AC is too loud

Tasty

« Reply #1202 on: August 05, 2015, 12:48:21 PM »
Kept my Laffy Taffy in my pocket too long and it melted and stuck to the wrapper so I had to scrape it off the plastic with my tongue like a barbarian. :goty2

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1203 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »
Kept my Laffy Taffy in my pocket too long and it melted and stuck to the wrapper so I had to scrape it off the plastic with my tongue like a barbarian. :goty2

That's hot.

Tasty

« Reply #1204 on: August 05, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
It was. My hands also got really stick. :cody

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1205 on: August 06, 2015, 06:40:03 AM »
Client asked me to find images of half naked men for a gay bar  :-\

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1206 on: August 06, 2015, 07:41:28 AM »
Noticed last night that one of the lights is out in the kitchen, so today I removed it, took it to the store for a match, and bought a new one. I had the clerk recycle the old fluorescent bulb.

I got home, plugged the new one in, turned on the row, and it turns out I've replaced a working bulb.

:lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1207 on: August 06, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »
Woke up at 3:30 am because of an alarm-type sound that stopped just before I was able to open my blinders and locate it. Probably nothing but all of my neighbours are absent presently so decided to stay up in the off chance it was a smoke detector or something... I am only losing 2 hours of sleep but still.

Follow up to that : unable to go to sleep, I vent the flat by leaving all windows open. I decide to go take my shower at 5am, only to exit the bathroom with a towel around my waist and ending up face to face with a man climbing up my window with a flashlight (my flat is street floor at front) : Turns out it was a patrol of cops being called for the alarm. Scared the hell out of me.
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1208 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »
Client asked me to find images of half naked men for a gay bar  :-\

PM me if you need a  proto-daddy-bear model. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1209 on: August 06, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Do gay people use the word 'proto'?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1210 on: August 08, 2015, 01:40:14 AM »
Who the fuck faxes something at 22:30 on a Friday. :beli

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1211 on: August 08, 2015, 02:16:16 AM »
Who the fuck faxes anymore ?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know my bank still offered me to fax orders one or two years ago, so I guess there's still marginal use for authentification of signatures...
[close]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:29:21 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #1212 on: August 08, 2015, 02:19:35 AM »
Tax agencies rarely email, and it's usually in the context of an audit if they do. :)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1213 on: August 08, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »

I know my bank still offered me to fax orders one or two years ago, so I guess there's still marginal use for authentification of signatures...
[close]

Japan. All of Japan. All day, everyday.

:japancry

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1214 on: August 08, 2015, 03:10:29 AM »
Italy too

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1215 on: August 08, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »
Some hospitals live on fax machines unfortunately
dur

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1216 on: August 08, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »
Went to sleep at 3:00 am. Woke up at 3:00 pm. Whoops.

Then again, I've been running on a sleep deficit since Tuesday.

Kara

« Reply #1217 on: August 08, 2015, 06:55:39 PM »
I bought a multipack of pocket sized Moleskin notebooks with red covers and I've been scribbling in them in an unordered manner as well as leaving them laying about so now my room looks like the set of La Chinoise.  :chinacry

Anne Wiazemsky is nowhere to be found though. :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1218 on: August 08, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »

[close]

People still say this all the time, but I still get some faxes, mainly medical offices like to fax over records.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1219 on: August 08, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »
People in the legal industry definitely still fax.  Dealing with fax software-related problems sucks so bad.   :dizzy
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #1220 on: August 08, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »
mortgage lenders love them some efax
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1221 on: August 08, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »
Just don't accidentally get the CarFox.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1222 on: August 09, 2015, 08:51:19 AM »
Work has been one continuous gut punch for the past three months.  There is so much administrative bullshit getting tacked onto things that work has essentially ground to a halt.  There are now meetings about meetings and committees about committees.  So many of the few perks that we have left are getting taken away.  Taking away coffee, the water cooler, and the newspaper saves the company maybe $80,000 a year but the little morale dings probably result in lost wages that far exceed that.  Yet we're plowing ahead anyway.  Education reimbursement and training is next on the chopping block.  We're a science and technology company so continuous education is not a luxury, it is a necessity to stay compliant and relevant.  Upper management sees it as a waste, not because it isn't a revenue generator, but because they believe that online resources and subscriptions should suffice.  In other words, going on Wikipedia is considered just as good as training.  You could find a way to budget for it elsewhere but anything that is considered discretionary is getting cut.

The end product is glorious: it's just a bunch of people not doing any work and attending meetings.  That would sound nice but the rank and file like doing their work so even though they don't have much to do these days, morale is crashing and burning.  Talks of finding a job elsewhere are now open where it was pretty hushed in the past.  Yet we're always being praised for being on the leading edge of the industry we're in.  The hollowing out will crash and burn but eh, I'm getting tired of dealing with this shit.  I really need to move on.
🍆🍆

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1223 on: August 09, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
Your pain is shared. Taking away water and coffee is such a petty, counter productive move.
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #1224 on: August 09, 2015, 11:05:27 AM »
The first time I was party to the decision making process where similar "fringe" benefits were cut was... illuminating.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1225 on: August 09, 2015, 11:14:54 AM »
The first time I was party to the decision making process where similar "fringe" benefits were cut was... illuminating.

What's the gist of it ? I'm curious to be honest.
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #1226 on: August 09, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »
There's a profound antipathy towards workers when things aren't "working as intended" (i.e. making the expected amount of profit), and they aren't viewed as human beings with a quality of life so much as inputs that aren't operating like they're supposed to.

In the past Mary has talked about how middle managers have no real way of justifying their existence in an easily quantifiable manner (which is all the more important in this short-term world) beyond making their little fiefdom within a company appear more profitable, but since the population of middle managers is more a product of a discipline seeking mentality than a business improving one, they aren't going to be putting their mark on things with better work but by cutting costs and they exacerbate the inhuman mentality ownership already has in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:10:05 PM by Vularai »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1227 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »
Had a donut from the break room and now I feel ashamed.
dur

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1228 on: August 09, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »

*takes away all the donuts and padlocks the bathroom*
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #1229 on: August 09, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »
my obese coworkers always try to offload leftover donuts onto me.  the struggle to say no  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

« Reply #1230 on: August 09, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
Not liking sweets very much. :preach

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1231 on: August 09, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »
Yea, that shit can be soul crushing and make you question the very system you serve. Sometimes I look around and think you know what, that guy who quit to become a truck driver wasn't wrong afterall.

but then I get my paycheck  and :preach

capitalism :preach

Kara

« Reply #1232 on: August 09, 2015, 04:10:36 PM »
Yea, that shit can be soul crushing and make you question the very system you serve. Sometimes I look around and think you know what, that guy who quit to become a truck driver wasn't wrong afterall.

but then I get my paycheck  and :preach

capitalism :preach

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1233 on: August 09, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
When you put one of those toilet seat covers down and the cover gets so soaked it's pointless. Luckily I notice these things and don't sit down.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1234 on: August 09, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
There's a profound antipathy towards workers when things aren't "working as intended" (i.e. making the expected amount of profit), and they aren't viewed as human beings with a quality of life so much as inputs that aren't operating like they're supposed to.

In the past Mary has talked about how middle managers have no real way of justifying their existence in an easily quantifiable manner (which is all the more important in this short-term world) beyond making their little fiefdom within a company appear more profitable, but since the population of middle managers is more a product of a discipline seeking mentality than a business improving one, they aren't going to be putting their mark on things with better work but by cutting costs and they exacerbate the inhuman mentality ownership already has in the first place.

Thanks, I had figured something along those lines. Really there's doesn't seem to be a whole lot, if any, long term view in workers management (or "human resources" as we now say). Frankly though, while good workplaces exist, it never seems like it was a problem for companies before to press workers like lemons, shit up the minute details for negligible cost saving while not adressing fundamental issues...  So in the grand scheme of things and from their perspective...
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1235 on: August 10, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
On the struggle side this project is wearing everyone down to the nub. Everyone is pale, exhausted, getting ulcers and there's still 2 months to go.  This is happening to me as well.

On the plus side, my schadenfreude is well fed. :leon
que

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1236 on: August 10, 2015, 01:10:29 PM »
When you put one of those toilet seat covers down and the cover gets so soaked it's pointless. Luckily I notice these things and don't sit down.

I still have nightmares of cleaning women's restrooms.

They layer the toilet seat in paper. Then hover-piss all over it and then the next woman pushes it all on the floor and repeats the process.

Wads and wads of urine-drenched paper all shoved behind the toilet.

Kara

« Reply #1237 on: August 10, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
Forgot to take my peelz this morning. Time to learn about half-life. :cody

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1238 on: August 10, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »
Forgot to take my peelz this morning. Time to learn about half-life. :cody

©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1239 on: August 10, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
Do gay people use the word 'proto'?

These are usually called "Cubs" - mostly younger bearish figure.
fat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1240 on: August 10, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Good to know, cause I was thinking that if the word proto fucked anything it would be girls; its very masculine. 

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1241 on: August 10, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »

I still have nightmares of cleaning women's restrooms.

They layer the toilet seat in paper. Then hover-piss all over it and then the next woman pushes it all on the floor and repeats the process.

Wads and wads of urine-drenched paper all shoved behind the toilet.

They seem pretty pointless, like if you took them away people would be forced to do what I do in most places, wipe the seat down with TP and then put TP down. Then when I'm done just shove it all in the toilet. I don't get how other people fuck this up.

studyguy

« Reply #1242 on: August 10, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
I stopped giving a fuck about putting my ass on public toilets sometime around 25.
If I'm gonna shit, I'm gonna shit. Wipe it down, hold my breath. Whatever.

Sometimes you just gotta get shit done.
pause

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1243 on: August 10, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »
I think women just have a general phobia of germs around their cooter. Too many bad things can happen. It's understandable.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1244 on: August 10, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »
as if that gaping hole is clean in the first place
:kobeyuck

#TeamBroJob is sounding more and more appealing

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1245 on: August 10, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »
I think women just have a general phobia of germs around their cooter. Too many bad things can happen. It's understandable.

Ironically I think most UTIs are from not going to the bathroom enough, tight pants and personal hygiene not what may or may not be on the toilet.

Gaping hole? It's a muscle breh. What is this virgin commentary.

Tasty

« Reply #1246 on: August 10, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »

Ironically I think most UTIs are from not going to the bathroom enough, tight pants and personal hygiene not what may or may not be on the toilet.

I heard UTIs are more common in women because penises do that annoying "last drop" thing which forces the remains of the urine out, where as vagoos don't do that.

Source: Some Imgur comment I read a year ago.

Tasty

« Reply #1247 on: August 10, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »

:gurl

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1248 on: August 10, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »
I heard UTIs are more common in women because penises do that annoying "last drop" thing which forces the remains of the urine out, where as vagoos don't do that.

Source: Some Imgur comment I read a year ago.

Eh they're more common because some asshole decided we'd have smaller bladders, shorter urethras, and our genital holes should be next door to our anus.

studyguy

« Reply #1249 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »
I remember being in high school and the teacher in sex ed telling chicks to wipe front to back, not back to front when they pissed.

The idea that shit just runs up in there sometimes is some awful design.
Tell that man God he needs better QC
pause

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1250 on: August 10, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
I remember being in high school and the teacher in sex ed telling chicks to wipe front to back, not back to front when they pissed.

Eve shouldn't have eaten the apple.  :quark
©@©™

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1251 on: August 10, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »

Actually this one is probably lillith's fault. We were a unique concept but she was like "peace bitch bye." Then god had to settle on making a woman from Adam's rib. Dude only had so much clay at that point, was probably just sticking holes where ever.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1252 on: August 10, 2015, 04:09:12 PM »

Actually this one is probably lillith's fault. We were a unique concept but she was like "peace bitch bye." Then god had to settle on making a woman from Adam's rib. Dude only had so much clay at that point, was probably just sticking holes where ever.

She was banging an archangel and those guys are packing.
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1253 on: August 10, 2015, 04:24:26 PM »
Just wipe the seat and make a nest. I always thought it was interesting how men have their fluids and solids coming out of different, specially designed holes while women have 4 holes and occasionally have to deal with something solid going in and out of a hole that usually just deals with blood.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1254 on: August 10, 2015, 04:29:46 PM »

It's interesting to think that women were actually designed by a man.  :wtf

studyguy

« Reply #1255 on: August 10, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
The only thing I can agree on is if someone designed men and women, they were an asshole.

Breh I'ma make it so men nut once and that's it for a while. They're gonna be like COMON SON GET BACK UP :noah while they're lady's like  :gurl

Then women, fuck. I'ma make it so they bleed. Once a month. For years homie. It'll be awful. Then one day they stop!
And you'd be like OH SHIT THIS IS GREAT, but nah then it just gets worse for them hot flashes, osteoperosis, moodswings and shit. It'll be great lmao they'll never see it coming.
 :neogaf

pause

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1256 on: August 10, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
The only thing I can agree on is if someone designed men and women, they were an asshole.

Breh I'ma make it so men nut once and that's it for a while. They're gonna be like COMON SON GET BACK UP :noah while they're lady's like  :gurl

Then women, fuck. I'ma make it so they bleed. Once a month. For years homie. It'll be awful. Then one day they stop!
And you'd be like OH SHIT THIS IS GREAT, but nah then it just gets worse for them hot flashes, osteoperosis, moodswings and shit. It'll be great lmao they'll never see it coming.
 :neogaf

Don't forget blueballs and testicular torsion.
Then for women we can die in childbirth or get some kind of ovarian, cervical or breast cancer. Or die from a blood clot from birth control.

Can't win.

Kara

« Reply #1257 on: August 11, 2015, 01:08:06 AM »
Shat up my night because I kept my word. Take Ls for $s brehs. :foxx

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1258 on: August 11, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »
 Had a shower thought tonight. all my significant relationships in my life have had names that started with a hard 'K' sound (2 Kims, Christy, Corrie, Keely).

My mom's name is Karen.

:brazilcry

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1259 on: August 11, 2015, 01:23:28 AM »
.... And cock right?
◕‿◕