Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918250 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #2460 on: May 27, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »
Still getting emails from my preceptors about shit I need to do.

Fuckers I told you I was off and won't be back until after the holiday
dur

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2461 on: May 27, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »
Got a lot of work to do. Completely unmotivated to do it.
que

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2462 on: May 27, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »
Messed up and accidentally overwrote a bunch of contacts for one of my clients executives. Spent the week trying to find a solution - found nothing. Now have to break the news.

Currently a minor inconvenience. May turn out to a major struggle depending on what happens. 
nat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2463 on: May 27, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
Left my wallet at home, pants crotch tore open.  ::)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2464 on: May 27, 2016, 04:23:01 PM »
Found out someone I know reads Dean Koonz :brazilcry

I had to select the most embarrassing book in my house.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
prob should have gone with Under The Dome  :doge
[close]

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #2465 on: May 27, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
I'll have to google shutting it off in iOS.

True story. A few weeks back, I was house-sitting for someone that had cable, so I was totally whoring myself out at the altar of cable TV. I believe I was watching Three O'Clock High because I remembered like 30 seconds of it from watching USA Up All Night like 26 years ago. Amber alerts start coming in, and they're interrupting my fucking movie, and when the alerts end--they go on for like at least a minute--the movie doesn't even return to where it left off at. If this is the burden of living in a connected and internetted up society, I say burn it the fuck down. Fuck your kidnapped children, fuck you interrupting my leisure for stupid bullshit, and, most of all, FUCK AMERICA for not appreciating Three O'Clock High when it came out, it's fantastic. They kept repeating the alerts like every 15 minutes, too.
Wait, who has cable?  T&C?  Like actual cable?
vin

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2466 on: May 27, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »
I thought not having cable was just a millennial thing. I still get goosebumps whenever I hear a landline ringing.

:doge :doge :doge :doge :doge
[close]

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2467 on: May 27, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »
I'll have to google shutting it off in iOS.

True story. A few weeks back, I was house-sitting for someone that had cable, so I was totally whoring myself out at the altar of cable TV. I believe I was watching Three O'Clock High because I remembered like 30 seconds of it from watching USA Up All Night like 26 years ago. Amber alerts start coming in, and they're interrupting my fucking movie, and when the alerts end--they go on for like at least a minute--the movie doesn't even return to where it left off at. If this is the burden of living in a connected and internetted up society, I say burn it the fuck down. Fuck your kidnapped children, fuck you interrupting my leisure for stupid bullshit, and, most of all, FUCK AMERICA for not appreciating Three O'Clock High when it came out, it's fantastic. They kept repeating the alerts like every 15 minutes, too.
Wait, who has cable?  T&C?  Like actual cable?

Yes, they have like 1000 channels. That one weekend where I house sat, I watched literally ~12 hours of Golden Girls.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:40:33 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2468 on: May 30, 2016, 06:05:46 AM »
fuckin stomped my mammoth fuzz clone too hard and knocked the negative cable loose and i'm too scared by the breadboard to do shit so i'm hollering to get it fixed :(

TVC15

« Reply #2469 on: May 30, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »
I fell asleep at 11 PM-ish and woke up at 2 AM-ish. I'm now turbo drinking because I can't afford to waste the extra holiday weekend night.
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2470 on: May 30, 2016, 06:47:38 AM »
fuckin stomped my mammoth fuzz clone too hard and knocked the negative cable loose and i'm too scared by the breadboard to do shit so i'm hollering to get it fixed :(

None of those words make sense in the order you placed them in. Here, I've arranged them so they make sense:
"Fuzz to do. I'm loose, hollering to get the shit cable fixed and -- by my too-negative and mammoth clone -- I'm stomped; knocked so fuckin' hard, it scared the breadboard too."

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2471 on: May 30, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
my copy of the fifth season came with a 1cm rip on the cover :(  hate when book covers get ripped. 

Also the cover of my copy of memories of ice fell completely off the other day.  I held a vigil in its honor. 

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #2472 on: May 30, 2016, 06:38:12 PM »
i think i'm developing a drinking problem - i've started to take work into a bar near the office when i don't want to be distracted and drink whiskey/rum

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2473 on: May 30, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
Isn't that just a natural part of growing up?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #2474 on: May 31, 2016, 02:24:00 AM »
i think i'm developing a drinking problem - i've started to take work into a bar near the office when i don't want to be distracted and drink whiskey/rum

Aren't you worried about client privacy?

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #2475 on: May 31, 2016, 04:03:45 AM »
Isn't that just a natural part of growing up?
i'm 30!

Aren't you worried about client privacy?
there's usually not many people around before 4pm and i sit in the corner so no one can see what i'm doing anyway

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2476 on: May 31, 2016, 09:50:13 AM »
People are always growing up until dementia strikes and you grow down. 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2477 on: June 01, 2016, 01:39:37 AM »

None of those words make sense in the order you placed them in. Here, I've arranged them so they make sense:
"Fuzz to do. I'm loose, hollering to get the shit cable fixed and -- by my too-negative and mammoth clone -- I'm stomped; knocked so fuckin' hard, it scared the breadboard too."

:lol i stepped on/or kicked a custom ripoff guitar pedal too hard and i'm too dumb to fix it myse

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2478 on: June 01, 2016, 03:24:04 AM »
Wide awake at 2 AM.  Fuck you, jet lag.
🍆🍆

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2479 on: June 01, 2016, 11:04:38 AM »
I just had a political discussion with a delivery driver that ended with "...the devil is coming for your children".

Guess what his views were on transgenders and Obama?

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2480 on: June 01, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
I just had a political discussion with a delivery driver that ended with "...the devil is coming for your children".

Call his workplace and get him in trouble for proselytizing on the job, he'll get reamed out for that
WDW

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #2481 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33:09 AM »

Call his workplace and get him in trouble for proselytizing on the job, he'll get reamed out for that

Yeah, don't do this. Nobody likes a fucking snitch, especially if you participated in the discussion.
YMMV

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2482 on: June 01, 2016, 01:45:08 PM »
On the way to work this morning.

PHONE CALL PHONE CALL PHONE CALL

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I'm driving and barely have a safe chance to glance at the phone.  It's the alarm company calling.  All the texts are from my mother.  She set the alarm off.

I call the alarm people and tell them it's a false alarm.  Fingers crossed that the process wasn't far enough along yet that the cops were coming...I'm told that's a $200 fine.

I call my mother. 

Mom: "THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED!!!  I NEED THE ALARM CODE!!! :punch :punch:
Me: "....You have the code.  We used the same one as the system in your house.  You know this."
Mom: "So it's ######?"
Me: "That's the garage door code.  You know, it's YOUR alarm code?"
Me: "And why didn't you use the remote?  Did the battery go out?"  (Note- the system we use comes with keychains you can use to arm/disarm the alarm)
Mom: "No, I thought I turned the alarm off, but it didn't go off and the siren started.  I was outside."
Me "Well, did y-- wait, what?  What do you mean you were OUTSIDE?"
Mom: "I always turn off/on the alarm from outside."
Me: "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!"
Mom: "Stop yelling.  I thought I could use it from outside."
Me: "WHO TRIES TO USE THE ALARM FROM *OUTSIDE* AT 30 FEET AWAY?!  WHY WOULD YOU NOT TURN IT ON OR OFF, THEN GO OUTSIDE OR INSIDE AND CLOSE THE DOOR???  OF COURSE I'M UPSET, I COULD BE ABOUT TO PAY A FINE."  :punch :punch :duh
Mom: "Good point."
Me: :dead

Later on the train, I get another text.  "I think I left the front door open when I took the dog outside.  That's why the alarm went off."
:stahp
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2483 on: June 01, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

That made my afternoon I think.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #2484 on: June 01, 2016, 03:44:56 PM »
I bought some "sea salt" edamame to graze on this afternoon and I'm 90% certain my Poli Bore posts are saltier than these beans are. #DadBod

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2485 on: June 01, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
I bought some "sea salt" edamame to graze on this afternoon and I'm 90% certain my Poli Bore posts are saltier than these beans are. #DadBod
Please post evidence of offspring. The #dadbod hashtag is reserved for pear-shaped plebs like me, who have bred themselves into a lifetime of debt.  :'(

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2486 on: June 01, 2016, 11:13:22 PM »
Stolen valor is not a good look, Kara.  :wag
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #2487 on: June 01, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »
The hashtag was an opaque reference to / hedge against cyberbullying by noted soy antagonist Mr. Samson Manhug. (Post defensively brehs.)

And while I may not have any biological children, I have created, named, and raised shell corporations from conception to funneling millions of dollars from one tax table to a more advantageous one.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2488 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:51 PM »
Corporations are people, my friend.  :success

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2489 on: June 02, 2016, 12:16:00 AM »
Weighed myself today. I'm at 205 lbs. :snoop

I'm going to be eating a lot of sardines, avocados, eggs, and kale for a while.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2490 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:28 AM »
Or maybe it's time to say fuck it and just get huge?

Kara

« Reply #2491 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:27 AM »

During my recent exile I put on all of the weight I'd lost in the second half of last year. Work 4 months straight and neglect your body wilfully y'all. :snoop

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2492 on: June 02, 2016, 01:04:20 AM »
Or maybe it's time to say fuck it and just get huge?
My past self would have but I really don't want to buy a bunch of new clothes for my fat ass.  :doge

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2493 on: June 02, 2016, 01:05:15 AM »

How tall are you?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2494 on: June 02, 2016, 01:08:34 AM »
5' 11"

My typical weight is usually 180 lbs.

« Reply #2495 on: June 02, 2016, 01:16:21 AM »
Pallando, I’ve been using the app “myPaleoPal”. It’s a good way to stay on track and also get validation via likes from lots of women.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2496 on: June 02, 2016, 02:58:08 AM »
Pallando, I’ve been using the app “myPaleoPal”. It’s a good way to stay on track and also get validation via likes from lots of women.
What does it say about Taco Bell?

Kara

« Reply #2497 on: June 02, 2016, 02:59:44 AM »
Cro-Magnons ate Del Taco.

bluemax

« Reply #2498 on: June 02, 2016, 03:34:17 AM »

During my recent exile I put on all of the weight I'd lost in the second half of last year. Work 4 months straight and neglect your body wilfully y'all. :snoop

The game developer diet. I've gained 5lbs in 2 months and we haven't even gone full crunch yet.
NO

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2499 on: June 02, 2016, 05:37:07 AM »
Luckily for you Pallando, less so for everyone else triggered by my TL;DR posts, I took my adderall later than usual and spent way too much time compiling a list of weight loss strategies.
Some of this applies to overall health, but take it all with not a grain of salt, but an Evilore's worth of salt. Spoilers are for studies and relevant info.

1) Try intermittent fasting (say a 6 hour window) where you only eat breakfast and lunch. Eat bigger portions to make sure you're getting enough calories.
Eating earlier in the day is best because of the way your circadian rhythm works (assuming you work a typical 9-5 type schedule).

2) Restrict carbs; look into a modified Atkins diet or maybe a ketogenic diet for its potential neuroprotective effects.
Aim for 20 to 60 carbs a day and use the calculator below to figure out your calorie and macronutrient needs. MyFitnessPal is good for logging everything.

3) Drink unsweetened green tea because it contains:

- Caffeine. It won't actually suppress your appetite, but it will likely lower your overall calorie intake.
Caffeine also increase your basal metabolic rate (the minimal amount of calories your body burns each day).
Some obvious effects are that it reduces fatigue, helps with focus and body coordination, and also improves athletic performance.
Caffeine may reduce symptoms of depression, however dosages around 300 mg or more might worsen anxiety.
Stop your intake at least 6 hours before bed, as even that can be shown to decrease overall sleep time by as much as an hour.

- EGCG. Drink green tea over something like coffee because green tea contains an antioxidant, or catechin whatever the fuck that is, called EGCG.
The EGCG in green tea seems to lower carbohydrate absorption (also fat to an extent, though I think it's minimal) and in turn lessen spikes in blood glucose levels.
It may also aid in fat oxidation. ConsumerLabs.com tested various green tea sources of EGCG (tea bags, bottled tea, pill extracts) and found that most brands were shit.
However, "Lipton Green Tea was the least expensive way to get EGCG due to its low cost (10 cents per bag) and relatively high level of EGCG (71 mg per bag)."
Shoot for 200 mg or more of EGCG a day, so about 3 bags if you go with Lipton. Steep for 3 to 5 minutes.

4) Exercise. A big incentive is in its powerful psychological effects, with some researchers arguing exercise should be considered a psychoactive drug.
Lift weights for muscle growth and a better body composition. Sustained running might increase brain growth in the hippocampus, though this was only tested on rats.

5) Make sure you're getting enough sleep. Read up on sleep hygiene if not.

6) Smoke chronic chronically.
It may promote hippocampal growth and provide anxiolytic and anti-depressant effects.
Don't ever overdo it though. Go light when you're starting out, otherwise you may induce anxiety.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2500 on: June 02, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »
I received some primo comped seats at the Cleveland Indians game last night and took my family.

My kids are generally impatient, so we strolled in there about the 4th inning to cut down on the game time. It was a slow paced game with little action (the time we were there) and they were moaning to leave by the 9th. Once I saw it was headed into extra innings I got out of there.

Baseball is doomed.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2501 on: June 02, 2016, 09:58:20 AM »
How old are your kids?
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2502 on: June 02, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »
I accidentally sent my amazon order of expensive headphones to my old apartment.  Luckily they were able to fix the issue due to the fact that they are now using their own Amazon carrier service here.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2503 on: June 02, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »

This happened to me, too.  Lost a good 30 plus pounds over the last year...put back like 20-something in the last few months.  :-\
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #2504 on: June 02, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »
Desk Jockey Bore we gotta do something about this. :cmonson

I tried to get back on track this week but again circumstances demanded that I rise to the occasion and I choked. :brazilcry
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2505 on: June 02, 2016, 11:25:54 AM »
I ate half a cheese cake yesterday but its ok because I thought about working out after.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2506 on: June 02, 2016, 11:42:03 AM »
I recommend weights and cardio. Alternate, so one day you jog/walk/HIIT and the next day you lift weights. Buy a set of dumb bells if you don't want to go to a gym. Find a high school in your area with an outside track and bleachers. You can jog and walk the track, plus run up the bleachers for higher intensity work outs.

In terms of food I'd just say start shutting down your food habits after 6pm or 7pm. You don't want to eat a bunch of bad food before you go to bed.

TVC15

« Reply #2507 on: June 02, 2016, 11:46:37 AM »
Fuck that. I don't normally get home until after 7. And then I go to burrito heaven. It's like pussy heaven in Blue Velvet but with burritos.
serge

Kara

« Reply #2508 on: June 02, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »
I worked until 1 this morning The eating after 7 thing is both necessary in crunch time and what kills me (since I usually ride after work).

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2509 on: June 02, 2016, 11:50:42 AM »
I think one of my cats is brain damaged. And not in a "you know how cats be" kind of way, but as in he may have suffered some serious head trauma.

We have two outdoor cats (one that ~7 and one that's ~10) and a while back a youngish stray cat started coming around when we put out food. He was pretty wild at first and ran away when he saw us, but after a weeks he started being friendly and staying around the house all the time, so we named him (Philbert). After about 4-5 months, he disappears and he's gone for about a month. At first when he came back, we weren't even sure it was the same cat. He was acting really wild again and he has a weird gait, like his back legs don't work quite right. I was afraid that he might be rabid, but didn't show any other signs and after a few days he started acting more normal again. Also we discovered that he's totally deaf. You can come up behind him and yell at him and he won't turn around, but then you tap him on the back and he jumps 3 feet in the air.

My theory is that he got hit by a car, drug himself off into the woods somewhere to die, but then managed to recuperate. But he didn't seem malnourished, so I guess he was finding food somewhere. Also, he doesn't seem to have any broken bones or be in pain. A secondary theory is that the first cat is just gone, but this is another cat from the same litter that was just born deaf. It seems weird that another cat that looks basically the same and is about the same age would just show up a few weeks after the first one left, but being from the same litter could explain that. It doesn't matter though, I've renamed him Philbert to cover all bases.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2510 on: June 02, 2016, 12:13:24 PM »
I should have said bad food habits after 7. I limit my carbs after that time. Often I'll just have a protein shake after 7; throw in some bananas, berries, strawberry and chocolate whey protein, ice, water. Tuna patties are also great around that time.

Obviously if you're work schedule doesn't permit that type of plan, there are other things you can do.

TVC15

« Reply #2511 on: June 02, 2016, 12:17:59 PM »
I'm generally on an all burrito and liquor diet. Well, liquor on the weekends.

Oh, and breakfast cereal.
serge

ToxicAdam

« Reply #2512 on: June 02, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2513 on: June 02, 2016, 03:54:36 PM »
My 10 year old would be doing the same thing. Whining the whole time. My older 2 wouldn't so they will grow out of it.
©ZH

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2514 on: June 02, 2016, 07:03:12 PM »
All I cared about was food whenever my dad took me and my brother to professional and college sports games. :doge

Kara

« Reply #2515 on: June 02, 2016, 08:37:46 PM »
Part of the reason I don't go to Angels games despite living in the shadow of Edison Field is all the families there. Maybe it's more a Cleveland thing than a baseball thing?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2516 on: June 02, 2016, 08:43:35 PM »
I guess the children learn the futility of Cleveland sports faster than adults.

bluemax

« Reply #2517 on: June 03, 2016, 11:26:39 PM »
Part of the reason I don't go to Angels games despite living in the shadow of Edison Field is all the families there. Maybe it's more a Cleveland thing than a baseball thing?

But all those rich OC Milfs!

Tonight I had to dodge some Sister Missionaries after work while walking my dog. Didn't make eye contact like a total special fellow.
NO

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2518 on: June 04, 2016, 08:30:53 PM »
Took the biggest, most strenous shit of my life today.  :stahp
Why does your bowel get to write checks your asshole can't cash? :tocry

TVC15

« Reply #2519 on: June 04, 2016, 09:08:52 PM »
Pet the fuckin' cats, you jerk.