Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946386 times)

Mods Help

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: Rollins injures another one- Rollins
« Reply #2340 on: January 24, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »
My GOAT isn't injured anymore? I want to watch KO vs Zami and what AJ does. I also want to see the women's ongoing feud. But I don't want to watch Raw.

It feels like they're building towards Owens/Sami at WM.

It's the obvious choice and besides Ambrose/Rollins it's the best long term feud in the company right now.

seagrams hotsauce

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: HHH Takes Out Reigns- Wrestler Of The Year
« Reply #2341 on: January 24, 2016, 11:54:09 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if they abandoned the Owens/Zayn storyline since Sami has been out for so long.

Mods Help

« Reply #2342 on: January 25, 2016, 12:14:40 AM »
I wouldn't be shocked if they abandoned the Owens/Zayn storyline since Sami has been out for so long.

nah, it was obvious before his injury that they were going to have owens move up to main roster, have zayn fill out nxt and then move up to the main roster where he continues the feud. I think this was the whole plan to begin with.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2343 on: January 25, 2016, 12:59:21 AM »
That was before he got injured though. KO has been on the main roster for months, whereas Zayn got injured before his first Raw match even started. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have enough faith in the audience to re-explain a year-old feud, especially since most of the main roster stuff is so much different than NXT. It would make sense to continue it, but they do plenty of things that don't make sense, like last year when they spent like two months building a Golddust/Stardust feud only to immediately abandon it for no reason. Part of the problem with WWE imo is their refusal to commit to anything they're remotely uneasy about

Mods Help

« Reply #2344 on: January 25, 2016, 01:04:37 AM »
Yes but didn't they want to put Zayn on the main roster too soon because he was at the time the face of nxt and his departure would leave a gap. He was going to stay in NXT period, after that feud, even if he hadn't been injured. But they want to play the long game and make it a long term feud since Sami hadn't gotten his win back and Sami wasn't going to get his win back injury or not because he works best as a long term goal seeker (beating Owens, getting the championship).

The fact that Zayn is the one that eliminated Owens shows they view the feud as a long term money maker.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2345 on: January 25, 2016, 01:09:21 AM »
AJ was motherfuckin fire

Really good Rumble match. Now do something good with all these feuds and mini-storylines that started tonight.

Mods Help

« Reply #2346 on: January 25, 2016, 01:15:25 AM »
I guess I'll watch watch Raw again. I haven't watched siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiince, July I think? August?

Sigh.

I don't want to. WWE is trash besides NXT but Sasha GOATs and AJ and Zayn/Owens :stahp :fbm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2347 on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:41 AM »
welcome back  :ryker

Mods Help

« Reply #2348 on: January 25, 2016, 01:26:21 AM »

HOW DO I MITIGATE NOT WASTING 3 HOURS OF MY TIME WATCHING RAW?

I think i'll dvr it and fast forward through everything that's not Four Horsewomen, Zayn/Owens, AJ, related. Should be 40 minutes per week tops.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2349 on: January 25, 2016, 01:52:57 AM »
40 minutes?  That sounds more like 20 minutes, tops.  :P

Yeah, RAW is only worth watching in bits and pieces.  If I watch it, I also just put it on while I'm doing something else or playing games.  There's a 90 minute edit version weekly on Hulu, BTW.  90 minutes still feels too long.   :lol  I'd turn it on after weeks of not watching and still see the same old shit again...like I hadn't missed anything.  It's so awful.  And that's what I meant about having good wrestlers earlier...I know they've had people for a long time, but if you watch RAW, you wouldn't know it.  Nobody gets used correctly.

I haven't been watching it much for a while but I'll start tuning in more now that it's 'Mania season again. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2350 on: January 25, 2016, 01:56:32 AM »
On a side note, my wife and I have been watching Arrow and The Flash recently.  We started a month or two ago and have almost caught up to where things are now.  I went back and watched the Arrow actor's match at Summerslam 2015 and it was so different.  I had no idea who that guy was when it was on live at the time.  Shit was hilarious.
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #2351 on: January 25, 2016, 01:57:08 AM »
40 minutes?  That sounds more like 20 minutes, tops.  :P

Yeah, RAW is only worth watching in bits and pieces.  If I watch it, I also just put it on while I'm doing something else or playing games.  There's a 90 minute edit version weekly on Hulu, BTW.  90 minutes still feels too long.   :lol  I'd turn it on after weeks of not watching and still see the same old shit again...like I hadn't missed anything.  It's so awful.  And that's what I meant about having good wrestlers earlier...I know they've had people for a long time, but if you watch RAW, you wouldn't know it.  Nobody gets used correctly.

I haven't been watching it much for a while but I'll start tuning in more now that it's 'Mania season again.

Depends on how long the matches and overly long for the sake of being long WWE promos are.

There's a 90 minute hulu version but the hulu version regularly cuts out storylines the company does not deem important. Since one of the stories I'm interested in is women, they will likely deem it not important. So I'm not watching on hulu

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2352 on: January 25, 2016, 10:01:59 AM »
Divas make the cut usually, Social Outcasts don't. The Hulu cut is strange, things are cut seemingly at random including some PPV buildups.   :lol

Still hyped over Styles and Sasha. Much happier with my WM tickets now

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2353 on: January 25, 2016, 04:16:19 PM »
Yes but didn't they want to put Zayn on the main roster too soon because he was at the time the face of nxt and his departure would leave a gap. He was going to stay in NXT period, after that feud, even if he hadn't been injured. But they want to play the long game and make it a long term feud since Sami hadn't gotten his win back and Sami wasn't going to get his win back injury or not because he works best as a long term goal seeker (beating Owens, getting the championship).

The fact that Zayn is the one that eliminated Owens shows they view the feud as a long term money maker.

That's true, and I didn't realize they were gonna keep him in in NXT for an extended period of time. I hope that they have nerve to actually commit to it, though.

Raw is pretty rough these days, but the Owens is always worth watching, check out 0:35 here:

New Day are also a highlight. Loved when Xavier Woods broke kayfabe to diss country music when they were in Nashville a while back.

Mods Help

« Reply #2354 on: January 25, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »
Oh yeah. Sami was the poster boy of NXT at the time, remember? And Baelor/Itami were still new and hot but not enough to carry the NXT brand. The Four Horsewomen weren't at the level they are now too, and still a bit green. So they needed Sami to stick around and he got injured.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #2355 on: January 25, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
I think they're gonna hold off on moving Sami to the main roster* until past Fast Lane. Based on what happened last night at the Rumble I think they're running with Owens vs. AJ for that PPV and the inevitable Sami vs. KO will happen at Wrestlemania (wishful thinking).
うぐう

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2356 on: January 25, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »
Any Owens vs. AJ program would get me to watch WWE programming, which is quite the feat. However, I'd be kinda sad because I feel that AJ is at his best as a smarmy heel.
yar

Mods Help

« Reply #2357 on: January 25, 2016, 08:42:29 PM »
I am doing work while raw is on four jobbers challenged slow rider to a rap battle

:stahp

I'm regretting this already

Mods Help

« Reply #2358 on: January 25, 2016, 08:54:57 PM »
AJ STYLES VS CHRIS JERICHO FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

This could be worth it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2359 on: January 25, 2016, 08:59:57 PM »
AJ STYLES VS CHRIS JERICHO FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

This could be worth it

Depends on if this is an actual match or an Owens run-in.

Then again, this could be Jericho heel turn #59495.
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #2360 on: January 25, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »
It's WEIRD seeing AJ look so clean on tv. I'm so used to him wrestling in darker settings. This entire thing has reminded me I hate Raw/SD lighting.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2361 on: January 25, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »
Raw and SD are both filmed in stadiums though, they're not gonna be able to have intimate lighting the way other promos in smaller venues. That's a weird beef though. You don't like being able to see shit clearly?

Was kinda lookin like Jericho was gonna give AJ a big ol smooch at the end there. Oh well, one day

Mods Help

« Reply #2362 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:50 PM »
Raw and SD are both filmed in stadiums though, they're not gonna be able to have intimate lighting the way other promos in smaller venues. That's a weird beef though. You don't like being able to see shit clearly?

It's too bright and takes attention off the wrestlers.

The red and blue lights take away from the aesthetic and make it feel like a concert and not a wrestling show. The wrestling ring should always have full attention and be the main attraction. On Raw and SD, the crowd is the attraction as much as the ring due to the extremely lit lighting.

An example from NXT Brooklyn of proper wrestling lighting,  which was at the Barleys arena, also a stadium:

No lights on the crowd, the ring is the most prominent element. The look isn't that of a concert.

Alternatively, make the crowd as far as possible, giving the wrestlers the feelng of being larger than life.

Watch an NXT, Lucha, ROH, or NJPW match and then watch a Raw match. The lighting makes it feel like a cartoon. Which is probably the entire point.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:50:25 PM by Mods Help »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2363 on: January 25, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »
I see what you mean, though it doesn't distract me as much since I probably don't watch those promotions as regularly as you. The NXT brooklyn kinda shoots a hole through my venue size theory. My guess is you're right and it's probably intentional since it's in line with WWE's 'elevated' presentation of everything

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2364 on: January 25, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »
lmao Rick Ross on raw. I'd buy his whole discography ten times for a Rossfit storyline

Mods Help

« Reply #2365 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »
the rock segment :lol

I see what you mean, though it doesn't distract me as much since I probably don't watch those promotions as regularly as you. The NXT brooklyn kinda shoots a hole through my venue size theory. My guess is you're right and it's probably intentional since it's in line with WWE's 'elevated' presentation of everything

even before i watched those federations, something about wwe in HD felt off. Feels too clean, this is a part of why. when you watch other feds, even though it's in hd, it still has the grit of old wrestling. so it's all in the lighting which helps create to a deliberate mood.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2366 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:58 PM »
That Rock segment was an instant classic.  Ignored everything from today and just went right back into pure attitude era insanity. 

We got like 40 minutes left of TV.  What the hell is left that is even going to come close to that?  Really surprised that wasn't the end of the show.
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #2367 on: January 25, 2016, 10:22:42 PM »
"so nerdy that it looks like the incredible hulk banged urkel"

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2368 on: January 26, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »
The Sasha twist at the end of the women's title match was the best part of the ppv.
nat

Mods Help

« Reply #2369 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
That's because Sasha is the GOAT :heart

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2370 on: January 26, 2016, 02:49:36 PM »
Sasha is an anime fan, too.  :doge
:uguu
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2371 on: January 26, 2016, 05:11:28 PM »
wonder if she owns a vita

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #2372 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:28 PM »
I would peg Bull Dempsey as the only active member of the WWE roster that owns a Vita. Dude looks like a neckbeard pedo through and through.
うぐう

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2373 on: January 26, 2016, 05:52:22 PM »
I would peg Bull Dempsey as the only active member of the WWE roster that owns a Vita. Dude looks like a neckbeard pedo through and through.

:what
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #2374 on: January 26, 2016, 06:00:04 PM »
Bull's gimmick is absolute caffeinated shit

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2375 on: January 26, 2016, 06:03:09 PM »
I was getting him confused with Baron Corbin for a minute there.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2376 on: January 26, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »
Baron Corbin reminds me of all the bad parts of Biker Taker without any of the good

Mods Help

« Reply #2377 on: January 26, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Corbin has improved tons so I cut him some slack.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2378 on: January 26, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
His belly still looks like a sad face tho. That's never not going to be funny  :lol

Mods Help

« Reply #2379 on: January 26, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »
Yeah he needs cut that belly fat.

archie4208

« Reply #2380 on: January 28, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »
NXT Dallas has an insane card.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
NXT Champion Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn
Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin
Women's Champion Bayley vs. Asuka
NXT Tag Champions Dash & Dawson vs. Jason Jordan & Chad Gable
Apollo Crews vs. Elias Samson
[close]

Mods Help

« Reply #2381 on: January 28, 2016, 04:08:10 PM »
Sami will be able to sell those strong style knees very, very well. Expect a brutal match.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2382 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
Glad I get to see that card in person. WrasslinMania trip justified!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2383 on: January 28, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »

:preach

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2385 on: January 31, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »
http://www.kayfabenews.com/guy-never-seen-shinsuke-nakamura-overjoyed-impending-wwe-debut/

:rofl :rofl :rofl

That's cute, but at the same time, wrestling nerds making fun of "fake fan" wrestling nerds is still kind of sad.

Mods Help

« Reply #2386 on: January 31, 2016, 10:10:38 PM »
http://www.kayfabenews.com/guy-never-seen-shinsuke-nakamura-overjoyed-impending-wwe-debut/

:rofl :rofl :rofl

That's cute, but at the same time, wrestling nerds making fun of "fake fan" wrestling nerds is still kind of sad.

I agree, but it's still funny.

archie4208

« Reply #2387 on: February 01, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Bret Hart has prostate cancer.  :(

Mods Help

« Reply #2388 on: February 01, 2016, 03:07:10 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2389 on: February 02, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
:rofl

(From last month)
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #2390 on: February 02, 2016, 09:37:02 PM »
That's why I don't watch raw. watching it every week is an exercise in torture.

Bret Hart has prostate cancer.  :(

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That would explain all his fucking butthurt comments over the years about everything.
[close]

TIL bret being honest and giving real talk = him being butt hurt. a man who lost his brother to negligence, while he fought his own demons, had his family torn apart, and his career ruined by a roided green asshole = butt hurt. If there's anyone in the wrestling biz who has any right to complain about anything - and Bret doesn't complain, he just says what he thinks - it's him. I don't see people calling Foley butt hurt for not being in the hall of fame despite his sacrifices or random WWE essays.

Wrestling fans are assholes the way they let their idiotic WWE idolization get in the way of this man, his accomplishments, his sacrifices, and the amount of loss he has had and distill his life as being a "baby'" or "butt hurt".

If this rant seems random, it isn't. I'm simply sick of seeing so-called wrestling fans treat people who work day in and day out like they're mere commodities and memes.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:42:53 PM by Mods Help »

dkdk

« Reply #2391 on: February 02, 2016, 10:52:08 PM »
:rofl

(From last month)
(Image removed from quote.)

i never thought i'd be wishing for the days of HHH cutting 20 minute opening promos talkin about "I AM THE GAAAAAAAAAME-UHHH"

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2392 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:30 AM »
Hunter was NEVER that good. Dude was in the mid card during the Attitude era. Like the Headbangers and Oddities. :trash
Hi

El Babua

« Reply #2393 on: February 03, 2016, 02:47:54 AM »
Hunter was NEVER that good. Dude was in the mid card during the Attitude era. Like the Headbangers and Oddities. :trash

Nah, 2000 Haitch was legitimately the best heel on the planet.

It was after he came back from is injury where he became Mr. BACKSTAGE POWERZ

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2394 on: February 03, 2016, 06:08:32 AM »

Nah, 2000 Haitch was legitimately the best heel on the planet.

:what

Also it took longer for him to get 'in' after he came back.  I still remember him being punished for something and taken off RAW one week, appearing on Heat instead.  :lol  This was when he was the World Heavyweight Champion and Evolution was being pushed to the moon, too, iirc.  His match was against...MAVEN. :doge
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:12:41 AM by funky action »
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #2395 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:35 AM »

:beli

This isn't true at all.

People say this for forget Rock vs HHH was what made both of them stars to begin with. Every kid did the water trick. No one tries to mimic mid carders. HHH was also involved with McMahon's daughter storyline.

HHH wasn't as important to the AE as he says but wrestling fans are silly for thinking he wasn't important or a big part of the AE at all.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2396 on: February 03, 2016, 10:58:20 AM »
Who da fuq hating on HHH

Granted he had a period of being wack (Post-Evolution until like 2011) but he's been on more than he's been off

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2397 on: February 03, 2016, 11:04:30 AM »
Yeah the Legacy feud was :trash so was New DX but there were some good matches during that period

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2398 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »
HHH was in two of my favorite WWE matches- his street fight against Foley at a Royal Rumble (forget the year) where he IMPALED HIS LEG ON A SHIPPING PALLET AND KEPT WRESTLING, and Shawn Michael's return match where Shawn won and then HHH sledgehammered him afterwards.

Although the 2nd match is still pretty awesome, I likely rank it so high because I'm a sucker for HBK. If Michael's didn't have back problems, we're talking about HIM as an all time great, maybe THE all time great. His in ring work was incredible.

But yes- HHH is a top tier heel. Sure, a lot of his heat stems from the fact that he's had input in booking for forever and people attribute shitty angles to him, but he's unquestionably good at making people hate him, and in his prime was an upper caliber performer in ring. People hate him for the fucking the boss's daughter to get into the inner circle thing, the fact that he was obviously on the roids for forever, etc. But he's a really good performer.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2399 on: February 03, 2016, 11:08:44 AM »
Even his bad period was still better than than most on the roster. Only two things I can think of that I disliked was anything involving a feud with Boreton and Eugene. Otherwise? Always a fun watch.

You're leaving out his feud with Kane where he exhumed Kane's dead prom date and committed necrophilia on camera.
yar