Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 946358 times)

FunSlower

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #3720 on: April 11, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
Braun 100% tipped that ambulance for real and I won't hear otherwise.

Also, the Shibata brain thing was a work. :neogaf  What a weird thing to work, though. Gedo got me.

It was a work? Really? Goddamn, what a weird...yeah you said it. What a weird thing to work. It almost feels like making light of it, which is fucking stupid, because in their 50s you're going to have Shibata and Ishii especially sitting around with no drool control, pissing themselves due to it.

FunSlower

« Reply #3721 on: April 11, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »
This jiff is so shit hot.

When Arn marks out for the move, you know it was dope as fuck. He did the same thing with the Perfect Spinebuster he hit Taker with at Mania. When Arn marks the fuck out, you know it was top shelf.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3722 on: April 11, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
 :lol at most of these Smackdown additions.  Sure, there's Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Charlotte, but then we get...Primo.   Epico.  Jinder Mahal.  Tamina.  U SERIOUS?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3723 on: April 11, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
Sin Cara and Rusev are coming.  Guess that's something with Rusev, anyway.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3724 on: April 11, 2017, 09:21:32 PM »
Lana is a stripper now.  OK with me!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3725 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:13 PM »
Fucking lol at how fall American Alpha have fallen. Silent reaction, Gable Sucks chants, second decisive loss to the Usos, getting laid out by the SHINING STARS.

Were they ever over in the WWE after moving up from NXT?
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3726 on: April 11, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »
Rusev, New Day, and Charlotte on SD :lawd

AJ vs KO coming soon :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3727 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:18 PM »
KO may end up back on Raw.

I just read that Balor got a concussion last night and may be out again.
:neogaf
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3728 on: April 12, 2017, 12:00:47 AM »
Jinder gonna get traded down to NXT in exchange for Drew McIntyre :doge

archie4208

« Reply #3729 on: April 12, 2017, 05:34:27 AM »
KO may end up back on Raw.

I just read that Balor got a concussion last night and may be out again.

Vince should sign a safer worker like Shibata.  :doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3730 on: April 12, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »
I was really confused by the "WHO'S THAT IN THE AUDIENCE?! OH MAN IT'S DREW MACINTYRE WHAT'S HE DOING HERE" part in the last takeover. What's the hype? Was the announcer just marking out over a potential 3MB reunion?

FunSlower

« Reply #3731 on: April 12, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
Rusev on SD. Owens shaved his beard. It's a new day on Smackdown, yes it is.

Talking Smack is going to be incredible.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3732 on: April 12, 2017, 09:20:12 AM »
fucking fire Jinder, jesus christ.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3733 on: April 12, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »
10 bucks says we see a full on Shield reunion by the end of the calendar year.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3734 on: April 12, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
It's about time for a Shield reunion. It's fine. I'm all for it.

People in WrassleGAF are legitimately wondering if Vince ordered a hit on Balor carried out by Jinder. Like :neogaf for real

Hilarious

"Would Vince kill a money making star?" "Probably so!"

FunSlower

« Reply #3735 on: April 12, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »
That's hilarious, goddamn that place is a circus of stupidity.

SD is looking pretty good. I wonder what Raw has planned for Joey Samoey?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3736 on: April 12, 2017, 11:41:44 AM »
Smackdown's womens division is in dire straits. They should have at least kept Mickie over on SD. Feel bad for Becky, she deserves better.
nat

FunSlower

« Reply #3737 on: April 12, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
Smackdown's womens division is in dire straits. They should have at least kept Mickie over on SD. Feel bad for Becky, she deserves better.

Charlotte will bring it up, no worries. I wish Dana Brooke were there, though. And I wish Liv Morgan would get a callup. And Mandy Rose.  :heartbeat

archie4208

« Reply #3738 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:06 PM »
An update on the situation with Katsuyori Shibata. Unfortunately the news appears to be very bad and that the injuries are not storyline. This is not 100 percent because there are many situations historically where this could be just storyline or a cover for something else, but it appears this is the case and that a combination of dehydration and the trauma of the legitimately skull-on-skull head-butt hospitalized him and at this point it is believed he will never be cleared to wrestle. He is currently in the hospital and is awake, can carry on a conversation, has some memories of the match itself. He initially had some right side paralysis but that is getting better.

I guess it wasn't a work.

archie4208

« Reply #3739 on: April 14, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
I rewatched that headbutt spot.  You can hear a thud when their skulls connect.  It's pretty fucking hard to watch knowing the aftermath.

archie4208

« Reply #3740 on: April 15, 2017, 06:30:17 PM »
I kinda hate that Okada/Suzuki match.  It was 15 minutes too long and lost all suspension of disbelief after about 25 minutes. 

Just go watch AJ/Suzuki from G1 2014.  Same premise, but only like 18 minutes long and flows much better.

FunSlower

« Reply #3741 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »
Aj/Suzuki from 2014 was amazing. My favorite match that year. It was so good. So fucking good!

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3742 on: April 17, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »

FunSlower

« Reply #3743 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »
Inoki's gonna slap the shit out of Burr for that pronunciation...

Good-ass video though, goddamn good-ass video

FunSlower

« Reply #3744 on: April 17, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
I thought AJ/Okada from the opening night of G1 2014 was the moty, but the Suzuki match was close. AJ been da gawd for 3 years running now :whew

It's absolutely true. Suzuki brought a neat angle of his own (not wrassle-angle, but a literal angle) to their bout. Very sinister match with a cocky butthole and a grizzled and cocky butthole. It was excellent.

AJ's been lighting the world on fire ever since he took that step into NJPW. I remember when they gave him the IWGP title so fast and people were really put off. Nah. NAH. Japan had it right...hell of a champion.

FunSlower

« Reply #3745 on: April 17, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »
Double post, but RIP to Shibata's career. He's done.

It's a sad tale of people doing stupid shit that'll cut their career short. The thing people said "this will cut your career short!" cut his career short. You did ask for it. Nobody told you to do those goddamn headbutts.

FunSlower

« Reply #3746 on: April 17, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
Officially done?

What I saw was "no doctor will clear him after this, period"

Lemme dig it back up
"a combination of dehydration and the trauma of the legitimately skull-on-skull head-butt hospitalized him and at this point it is believed he will never be cleared to wrestle."

Kind of depends how you read it. I'm fully confident he's stupid to get back in the ring, but my god, that's awful.

FunSlower

« Reply #3747 on: April 18, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
How was Raw? Strowman bring the fun? I heard he threw Kalisto in the trash :lol

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3748 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
They finally did the ring collapse spot again. I thought it was going to happen a few weeks back and I'm pretty sure they teased it but never went through.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3749 on: April 18, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »
R.I.P. Rosey.  :(
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3750 on: April 18, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »
goddamn and only 47 :(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3751 on: April 18, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
https://streamable.com/ob9s9

FunSlower

« Reply #3752 on: April 18, 2017, 05:08:24 PM »
https://streamable.com/ob9s9

This is absolutely wonderful, and I like Kalisto. But goddamn, POWER

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3753 on: April 18, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
A Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton feud makes PERFECT sense. It's what the people want.
yar

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #3754 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:25 AM »
People got werked over thinking Balor had a concussion because Jinder threw a perfect forearm that sounded godly and now he's getting a Main Event push. Mostly because he's a solid hand, gets heat and he looks amazing

Can't hinder the Jinder :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3755 on: April 19, 2017, 07:30:59 AM »
Can it really get worse than Orton vs Bray?

A Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton feud makes PERFECT sense. It's what the people want.

:rollsafe
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3756 on: April 19, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
You know what, fuck it, put the title on Jinder. Why not? It worked out for JBL outta nowhere in 2004. Randy has been 100% half assing it since his last injury so what's the worst that can happen? Can it really get worse than Orton vs Bray?

I'm trying to get through the 45th anniversary NJ show and man, it's basically a Road To... show even with the title changes. It's always been weird to me that NJ doesn't get more shit for 70% of any given card being clear filler where everyone involved is half assing it. It's been that way for a long, long, long time. Well over a decade.

Yknow, good for Jinder. I saw his Talking Smack promo from the previous week where he said he's on fire, nobody can out-train him or out-diet him, he's in the best shape of his life.

And now he's headlining a PPV. Good for you Jinder.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3757 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »
I'm okay with Jinder getting his time to shine. Good for him.

Funny enough I decided to watch some of the 2012 NXT episodes they have up after Smackdown and there was a match between Jinder and Jason Jordan (with hair!). After the match Jinder basically gave the exact same promo he gave last night. :lol

FunSlower

« Reply #3758 on: April 19, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »
NXT from 2012 is crazy rough in spots. I saw Seth Rollins' debut on there, his gimmick was that he loved hardcore music. lmao.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3759 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:14 AM »
Yeah its incredibly rough but it's still an enjoyable watch overall, unlike the weird game show NXT that came before it.

FunSlower

« Reply #3760 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
There's a lot of absolutely awful gold from the "reality" era of NXT. Titus...and the S2 ending

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3761 on: April 19, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »
Yeah I've seen clips on YouTube and I figure that's the better way to watch it rather than suffering through the whole back catalog. I think it is all on Hulu somewhere though.

What I wanna know is when WWECW is going to make it to the Network. IIRC that was when I was just watching Smackdown on TV and PPVs in bars cause I didn't have cable.

FunSlower

« Reply #3762 on: April 19, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »
I've been pretty thrilled to see so much Prime Time Wrestling from the 80s make it up there. Apparently you can watch the entire arc and year between Mania 2 and 3 to beyond, and witness the whole build for Mania 3. Not that it's a superb build outside of Hoggin/Andore Jr. I mean, we all remember Steamboat/Macho but like to ignore how much George Steele was involved.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3763 on: April 20, 2017, 07:48:58 AM »
You know what, fuck it, put the title on Jinder. Why not? It worked out for JBL outta nowhere in 2004. Randy has been 100% half assing it since his last injury so what's the worst that can happen? Can it really get worse than Orton vs Bray?

I'm trying to get through the 45th anniversary NJ show and man, it's basically a Road To... show even with the title changes. It's always been weird to me that NJ doesn't get more shit for 70% of any given card being clear filler where everyone involved is half assing it. It's been that way for a long, long, long time. Well over a decade.

Yknow, good for Jinder. I saw his Talking Smack promo from the previous week where he said he's on fire, nobody can out-train him or out-diet him, he's in the best shape of his life.

And now he's headlining a PPV. Good for you Jinder.

It's because WWE is trying to expand in India. 

I still don't believe that he's not taking some kind of performance enhancing drug.  Dude just looks too juiced.

Also, why did they ditch the name "The Bollywood Boyz" for that tag team and just go with the incredibly-generic "Singh Brothers?"  ???
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:54:38 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3764 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:03 AM »
Who cares what the reason is? It's an interesting development regardless of the reasoning.

Jinder is :zzz to me right now.  Need to see him do more than act like pissed-off roid-guy with the tired "maharajah" gimmick.  I suspect that if their forray into an Indian expansion doesn't work out...it's buh-bye Jinder push.

I assume Bollywood Boyz got dropped because it's hard to have them be taken seriously with that name while they dance and talk about butter chicken beat downs. I could have SWORN one of them showed up on Impact in the last few months though.

I had to look up what they did in NXT.  Not what I expected.  :lol  I was thinking they were a couple of Indian gangstas with that name.  I still like it way more than "The Singh Brothers."  I don't see what the name change would have to do with a gimmick change, either- Jinder is using the same name and he was part of 3MB before.

But nah, they've been in NXT since last summer although they were part of Global Force Wrestling in 2015.

I listened to Alvarez trying to hinder Jinder. What a tool. Basically running with the PROTECT DA BIZ shit in 2017 because a jobber was even in a match to get a title shot, while completely ignoring the other 5 guys in the match had no business being in it either. Weird how he singled out the one brown guy in the match  :trumps

Complain about Jinder Mahal being in a multi man number one contender match because he's a jobber, yet be cool with Mojo, Ziggler, and Rowan being in it.  :beli  Remember how just the week before on SD, Sami Zayn lost a number one contender match for the SECONDARY championship? He definitely deserved to be in the match, brehs.

Mojo is the absolute worst of the bunch.  :yuck
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3765 on: April 20, 2017, 08:49:23 AM »
I mean, I don't think Jinder is that good either

:dead

The idea of Jinder being in the match at all really reinforces that "land of opportunity" theme of Smackdown. That coming over to SD means you have a clean slate and a chance to prove yourself. Jinder being in the match and winning it has done more for that idea that basically anything since August.

But it doesn't...because he only got the push due to their India expansion plans.  :lol
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3766 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
I don't care why people are getting pushed (Mojo's Gronk relationship, India, etc) because at least it's doing something new and different and like Stro said, after seeing Jinder get to main event a PPV, or at least have a title shot...who in the midcard at Raw WOULDN'T want to go to SD to try their hand?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3767 on: April 20, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
Sure, OK, we get some jobber-level guys getting pushes.  Yay...?

I'm actually OK with Jinder, but Mojo?  Bleh.  I suspect Jinder will just end up getting fed to Orton anyway. 

ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3768 on: April 20, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »
Something that always gets me in a good way about wrestling is those brief moments where I feel anything can happen. That's what draws me to MMA, and when wrestling does it, and you feel like anyone can win, that's when things get really, really good for me.

Would they go so far to give Jinder the belt? I doubt it. But they can potentially make me believe. It's possible. And that's what I like. Can Sting beat Big Van Vader? I don't know, but he might. I want to believe.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3769 on: April 20, 2017, 03:12:19 PM »
Sure, OK, we get some jobber-level guys getting pushes.  Yay...?

I'm actually OK with Jinder, but Mojo?  Bleh.  I suspect Jinder will just end up getting fed to Orton anyway. 

Well, duh. It's  clearly just a filler program. It probably won't even be a PPV match.

"Come to Smackdown where you'll get a kinda-sorta-push and might be lucky enough to get TV squash for the title!"

:rejoice

Mojo is fine now. He's improved a lot. Not great or anything, but I don't get angry when I see him on my screen anymore.

Don't hate him, but don't like him either.  He's just sort of there.  It says a lot when his push is because he's buddies with a football player.
:idont
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3770 on: April 20, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »
You take what you can get. At least he's getting an opportunity, which is something he wouldn't get on Raw. I find no fault in it, and at least it's a fresh matchup. Remember how neat it was Kofi got to face Lesnar in Japan? It was neat.

Regarding Okada, I don't knowwwww. I mean, comparing him to other people really doesn't let his work stand on its own but I'm not sure if that's a wrestling thing that's valid to draw comparisons to, or if it's completely unfair to someone's work to compare it to his or her contemporaries.

FunSlower

« Reply #3771 on: April 20, 2017, 05:30:17 PM »
Does that actually make Okada any worse? Or just contextually?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3772 on: April 22, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »

FunSlower

« Reply #3773 on: April 24, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
WWE's brick and mortar stores in the middle east are interesting ideas. An idea that would never work out here. B&M are about to die.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3774 on: April 24, 2017, 09:29:26 PM »
Kallisto looked like a little kid cosplaying as Rey Mysterio out there tonight.  :doge
ど助平

FunSlower

« Reply #3775 on: April 25, 2017, 09:37:07 AM »
Balor vs the Club could have been a little big deal instead of no deal.

So, a couple takeaways. Bray vs Orton is non-title. For hopefully some reason!
Kalisto has nice new ring gear, and my goodness thank god he won after last week's trash.
Jericho has nothing

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3776 on: April 25, 2017, 09:43:41 AM »
Another awful Raw with shitty build-up towards the PPV this weekend.  I can understand Roman not being there, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the show.  They should not have kept the guys on separate brands who are facing each other.  It makes for crappy build-up.  Have Bray appear on SD to fuck with Orton.  Have Kevin Owens do a run-in on Raw.  Do SOMETHING.

Charlotte vs. Bailey wasn't doing much for me and them swapping Alexa Bliss in to literally continue to do the same thing is just boring. :zzz

Kalisto has nice new ring gear,

It's kind of ugly.  The close-ups on the mask made me think he was "Lil' Kane."  :lol
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:49:35 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3777 on: April 25, 2017, 10:22:30 AM »
It's funny that they address Ambrose and Jericho teaming but not Rollings and Balor. They REALLY don't want us to hear Balor talk. He's just the cool guy with the leather jacket.

People are going to be booing the shit out of him in a year IMO.
nat

archie4208

« Reply #3778 on: April 25, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
I can basically ignore WWE outside of YouTube clips until SummerSlam.  :rock

FunSlower

« Reply #3779 on: April 25, 2017, 11:02:51 AM »
It's funny that they address Ambrose and Jericho teaming but not Rollings and Balor. They REALLY don't want us to hear Balor talk. He's just the cool guy with the leather jacket.

People are going to be booing the shit out of him in a year IMO.

I don't wanna hear him speak either. Neville's speech coach had his or her work cut out for them but he's come a long way about being easier to understand for your typical American watching, which is good. He used to be borderline impossible to understand. He takes his time and speaks slowly, but I like it.

Balor isn't a speech prodigy like Neville.

To the other point, hopefully people will be booing the shit out of Balor, because he is absolute Cunt-Tier levels of heel. It's pretty amazing. He even got shoot under my skin a few times, that's how good he is.