Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898254 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: DOJ |OT| We get it, you’re woke because you’re too afraid to sleep
« Reply #3420 on: November 27, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »
Sounds like my PMs from demi.
©@©™

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3421 on: November 27, 2019, 10:31:24 PM »
Refusing to leave your parents' basement is not a sexual orientation
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3422 on: November 27, 2019, 10:33:26 PM »
Everyone in my life most probably have no idea what asexuality is. And I'm not comfortable in discussing it with anyone, out of fear.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3423 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:40 PM »
  After all, only 1% of the world is asexual according to statistics (though people guess the number might be higher).

I bet is even less than that,

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3424 on: November 27, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »
It seems moronic to me to care about discrimination when you're both asexual and aromantic (note: I feel like aromantic just means unsociable asshole) because it's not like being a gay man in the 80s or a trans woman today or some shit where you have to love in secret or get beat to death on the way home from a night club- you can just live your life without getting involved with anyone and no one will ever know or pressure you into anything apart from like your mum and grandma nagging you for grandchildren. (note: non breeder straights have to deal with this shit too! and even if you're seeing someone they'll still nag you to get married)

It feels like really desperately wanting to be included in being oppressed when you're really not. Sorry bout it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:34:35 PM by remy »

benjipwns

« Reply #3425 on: November 27, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
The examples of discrimination in that thread are literally how other people respond with things like "nah" or "that's weird" or "have you even tried sucking dick?"

This makes them unsafe.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3426 on: November 27, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »
Funnily enough my initial thread title was going to be Asexuality and Discrimination in a Sex-Obsessed Society but I felt that might bring other weird discussion to the topic.

:sheik

benjipwns

« Reply #3427 on: November 27, 2019, 11:06:51 PM »
Ha! That's what I thought about but struck from the post, basically they're upset that other people aren't asexual.

benjipwns

« Reply #3429 on: November 27, 2019, 11:22:46 PM »
Holidays are always fun when your relatives are like "SO WHERE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?" and it's like the same every year. Don't have one. Don't want one.

"OH YOU HAVENT FOUND THE RIGHT PERSON YET"

Naw, I'm good. Getting a kitten though!
:fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I want a kitten.
[close]

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #3430 on: November 27, 2019, 11:29:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pete-buttigieg-says-being-gay-helps-him-relate-to-the-struggles-that-black-people-face-in-america-statement-has-angered-some-black-people.155751/

Once again resetera bears up on the mentally disabled op. Bans incoming.

I absolutely despise Buttigieg but is there anything actually wrong with this comparison? I feel like people would be agreeing had the person saying it been different.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3431 on: November 27, 2019, 11:40:57 PM »
It seems moronic to me to care about discrimination when you're both asexual and aromantic (note: I feel like aromantic just means unsociable asshole) because it's not like being a gay man in the 80s or a trans woman today or some shit where you have to love in secret or get beat to death on the way home from a night club- you can just live your life without getting involved with anyone and no one will ever know or pressure you into anything apart from like your mum and grandma nagging you for grandchildren. (note: non breeder straights have to deal with this shit too! and even if you're seeing someone they'll still nag you to get married)

It feels like really desperately wanting to be included in being oppressed when you're really not. Sorry bout it.
FAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

How can you not recognise that people asking them the same question that normal unattached people get asked is not oppression?
Spud

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3432 on: November 28, 2019, 12:04:56 AM »

FAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

How can you not recognise that people asking them the same question that normal unattached people get asked is not oppression?
Fuck you! Go drive a truck under the montague st bridge  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #3433 on: November 28, 2019, 12:06:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-still-get-stuck-eating-at-the-kids-table-at-family-dinners.155736/
Do you have kids? Usually that's the bar to the adult table.
i just wait until someone finishes eating to eat.
Being a kindergarten teacher: parents love to ditch that responsibility.
I often got seated extra, once because im vegetarian and kids food often is vegetarian (fries, pizza, ...) and of course because they have someone to watch out for their kids. Parents can get drunk and the teacher will educate/work.
I prefer the kids table. The adults are usually boring or shit people at worst.
I'd rather eat at the kiddie table, because at least the chances of having to listen to some MAGA asshole are reduced drastically.
Yes, and it is fine. I don't want to sit with those racist assholes anyways. 35 myself
sometimes i go to the kids table on purpose so i dont have to hear my fascist family talk about politics
I wouldn’t mind sitting at the kids table. I could hear about all the cool Switch games. And I could tell them a tale of the 16-bit golden age of videogames.
You must not have a wife and kids?

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3434 on: November 28, 2019, 01:01:41 AM »
whenever they sit me at the kids table i bring along a few funko pops to unbox in front of the kids

i dont let them touch the pops (or the box) though as I dont want dirty kid hands on them
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3435 on: November 28, 2019, 01:07:33 AM »
 :doge

Bore Expert

« Reply #3436 on: November 28, 2019, 01:20:06 AM »
Sounds like amirox ideal thanksgiving scenario. Reality is he’s getting piss basted by some black fella

:success

benjipwns

« Reply #3437 on: November 28, 2019, 01:21:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nba-regular-season-2019-2020-ot-there%E2%80%99s-a-new-king-in-town-now-100-gluten-free-see-staff-post.148227/post-26822248
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

This is in regards to the title change for the OT, which used to include "Mao ZeBron." The title was brought to our attention recently and we have heard from Asian posters that jokes like these are offensive and hurtful. So we ask that people think about their jokes and comments surrounding not only this topic but ones going forward. Can your comment be misconstrued as harmful to our Asian posters or minorities in general? If so, then don't post it, as these things are harmful not only to our fellow Asian posters but to us as a community. Everybody should feel welcome here. We are not prohibiting Lebron jokes or criticism but we do ask that you consider the racial implications of your posts.

We understand that some posters might not feel the OT title was racial in nature. However, given what we have heard from many Asian posters, it is indeed just that. Now that everybody has been informed of this, any future infractions will not be given the benefit of the doubt in regards to this. The goal is for NBA Era to be a community for all. As always, if there are any questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3438 on: November 28, 2019, 01:21:41 AM »
I mean, I'm 99% sure that the whole thread is a troll, but when you are even 1% unsure about whether a 37-year-old is being seated at the kids table at a family gathering, it says a lot about the community.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3439 on: November 28, 2019, 01:57:40 AM »

this is the post that stopped royalan holding office

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3440 on: November 28, 2019, 02:12:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nba-regular-season-2019-2020-ot-there%E2%80%99s-a-new-king-in-town-now-100-gluten-free-see-staff-post.148227/post-26822248
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION

This is in regards to the title change for the OT, which used to include "Mao ZeBron." The title was brought to our attention recently and we have heard from Asian posters that jokes like these are offensive and hurtful. So we ask that people think about their jokes and comments surrounding not only this topic but ones going forward. Can your comment be misconstrued as harmful to our Asian posters or minorities in general? If so, then don't post it, as these things are harmful not only to our fellow Asian posters but to us as a community. Everybody should feel welcome here. We are not prohibiting Lebron jokes or criticism but we do ask that you consider the racial implications of your posts.

We understand that some posters might not feel the OT title was racial in nature. However, given what we have heard from many Asian posters, it is indeed just that. Now that everybody has been informed of this, any future infractions will not be given the benefit of the doubt in regards to this. The goal is for NBA Era to be a community for all. As always, if there are any questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

So ree mods are being considerate of Mao sympathizers?

When going woke means going fash.

Might have to complain about the tone of threads about a certain other Supreme Leader then. I find it deeply offensive.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:juche
[close]
Margs

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3441 on: November 28, 2019, 02:52:06 AM »
Everyone in my life most probably have no idea what asexuality is. And I'm not comfortable in discussing it with anyone, out of fear.

The only people that bother to dislike asexuals are other LGBTQ'ers.  To normies a person saying "I'm a lesbian asexual demisexual pan-being," just makes the normie nod their head and say "that's nice." How did it become my job to validate your personal choices/life?  I just came for the open bar, not to discuss my sex life.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3442 on: November 28, 2019, 03:18:15 AM »
Holidays are always fun when your relatives are like "SO WHERE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?" and it's like the same every year. Don't have one. Don't want one.

"OH YOU HAVENT FOUND THE RIGHT PERSON YET"

This is the plight of being asexual?  That's what everyone else goes through.  Maybe lez, gays, and trans should stop being dicks to you because cis-straights stand with you my brother.

:respect
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3443 on: November 28, 2019, 03:59:35 AM »
We understand that some posters might not feel the OT title was racial in nature. However, given what we have heard from many Asian posters, it is indeed just that.

"We don't think this is racist either but people complained so..."  :trumps

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3444 on: November 28, 2019, 04:06:18 AM »
What is racist about that? Can it be explained?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3445 on: November 28, 2019, 04:10:34 AM »
What is racist about that? Can it be explained?

It referenced another culture.  Bad! 
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3446 on: November 28, 2019, 04:14:01 AM »
L-mao

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3447 on: November 28, 2019, 04:41:50 AM »
I thought azns were considered honorary whites on ree and therefore fair game  :doge
(ice)

jorma

« Reply #3449 on: November 28, 2019, 04:49:14 AM »
i wonder how many of these "asian" posters were actually chinese. or even spoke a language other than 'murican :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3450 on: November 28, 2019, 05:23:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kinkera-is-rimming-the-new-goodnight-kiss.155780/

User Banned (3 Days): Making inappropriate thread; history of similar behaviour.

We have fun tho.
Margs

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3451 on: November 28, 2019, 05:25:03 AM »
Asians are white until they are in star wars and get bullied.

Then they're WoC
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HaughtyFrank

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3453 on: November 28, 2019, 05:38:56 AM »
Jason Schreier is a pedophile, prove me wrong

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3454 on: November 28, 2019, 05:45:22 AM »

I know just the man for the job

:pika

daemon

« Reply #3455 on: November 28, 2019, 07:14:11 AM »

You son of a bitch, I'm in.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3456 on: November 28, 2019, 07:17:59 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #3457 on: November 28, 2019, 07:32:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/annual-reminder-salvation-army-is-out-and-about-with-their-red-kettles-they-are-anti-lgbtq.155786/
Make of it what you will, but I never give donations to charity. I never get the sense that the money is actually going to the cause itself. It either ends up in the wallet of management or is used for marketing budget.

Also, fuck these guys.
:badass

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3458 on: November 28, 2019, 07:56:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/annual-reminder-salvation-army-is-out-and-about-with-their-red-kettles-they-are-anti-lgbtq.155786/
Make of it what you will, but I never give donations to charity. I never get the sense that the money is actually going to the cause itself. It either ends up in the wallet of management or is used for marketing budget.

Also, fuck these guys.
:badass

If the money doesn't actually go to any causes then it also doesn't go to any anti-lgbt causes. :rollsafe

Switters

« Reply #3459 on: November 28, 2019, 08:24:31 AM »
Joe Rogan - Likes talking to people from a vast amount backgrounds and beliefs

Resetera: We don't give Joe Rogan a platform here

Kanye West - Slavery was a choice. MAGA Booooiiiiii!!!

Resetera: We forgive you King!

Sweely reminder when?
troll

Rman

« Reply #3460 on: November 28, 2019, 09:02:19 AM »
Sweely bumped his own thread lol.  Dude needs to get off ERA and get a life. He basically lives on there.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #3461 on: November 28, 2019, 09:23:49 AM »
things that go bump in the night Sweely threads, your mom and I.

daemon

« Reply #3462 on: November 28, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »
Joe Rogan - Likes talking to people from a vast amount backgrounds and beliefs

Resetera: We don't give Joe Rogan a platform here

Kanye West - Slavery was a choice. MAGA Booooiiiiii!!!

Resetera: We forgive you King!

Sweely reminder when?

Yikes, trying to make a POC responsible for his actions. Not a good look.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #3463 on: November 28, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whys-everybody-white.155806/

I only play games with character creation. I've made exceptions for like the Metal Gears and Horizon Zero Dawn. And the older Pokemon games.

:gddr5

Oi Oi

Rman

« Reply #3464 on: November 28, 2019, 10:51:11 AM »
There's gotta be some long con going with ERA.  The topics are just laughable at this point.

nachobro

• Live Más

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #3466 on: November 28, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »
Ridiculous that ResetBanBot was banned. The worst thing about this thread is the sudden bouts of woke elitism. Keep using his site to reference bans btw.

You’re all dorks.
hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #3467 on: November 28, 2019, 10:56:05 AM »
hey

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3468 on: November 28, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »
First they came for banbot, and I did not speak out—

Because I was not an edgelord.

Ghoul

« Reply #3469 on: November 28, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »
Ridiculous that ResetBanBot was banned. The worst thing about this thread is the sudden bouts of woke elitism. Keep using his site to reference bans btw.

You’re all dorks.

You have to bow to your new trans overlords for they have won the war of the mods.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #3470 on: November 28, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-weird-to-speak-too-formally.155777/

I'll be upfront with you Era, I'm quite proficient with the English language
I will actually use a word as complicated as "inebriated"

Oi Oi

jorma

« Reply #3471 on: November 28, 2019, 11:17:37 AM »

You're in trouble when they come for the dorklords though :doge

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3472 on: November 28, 2019, 11:18:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whys-everybody-white.155806/

I only play games with character creation. I've made exceptions for like the Metal Gears and Horizon Zero Dawn. And the older Pokemon games.

:gddr5

Isn't that pretty much saying that he can't identify with a white protagonist? Isn't that as bad as those who think they can't relate to a black one?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3473 on: November 28, 2019, 11:22:33 AM »

You're in trouble when they come for the dorklords though :doge

rumbler and pork take care of their own :patel

Tasty

« Reply #3474 on: November 28, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-weird-to-speak-too-formally.155777/

I'll be upfront with you Era, I'm quite proficient with the English language
I will actually use a word as complicated as "inebriated"

:brain

BisMarckie

« Reply #3475 on: November 28, 2019, 11:49:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-chick-fil-a-popular.155785/post-26893607
How dare you praise the customer service of this company.
BAN CHICK-FIL-A

DO IT YOU COWARDS

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3476 on: November 28, 2019, 12:06:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-chick-fil-a-popular.155785/post-26893607
How dare you praise the customer service of this company.
BAN CHICK-FIL-A

DO IT YOU COWARDS

So fucking happy you enjoyed the experience.

I hate these kinds of threads because they always invite people to dog whistle with no repercussions.

Anyone gushing about this fast food place? Message heard, loud and clear.

The praise for Chick Fil A in this thread is disgusting. Get a hold of yourselves.

"The KKK did a great job cleaning our highways. They should be commended for their community service. We're just talking about that, why are people bringing up their racism?"

benjipwns

« Reply #3477 on: November 28, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
I really didn't like calling myself demisexual, when I would explain it to (mostly) women with typical libido and sex drive for their age. Explaining to me very typical behaviour for those socialized female, and how they experience sexual attraction.

So like, I would explain that I don't feel sexual attraction. Unless there's a connection. Because for some reason demi is about connection, not like a direct meaning like I'd prefer like pseudosexual/semisexual that convey the same thing demi *should* be conveying, but allosexuals latch onto that 'connection.' Bit and basically tell me, "OH I must be demi too, I have to get to know a guy first too lololol." And it's insulting, but I also have to accept there's a fundamental disconnect between those who experience and those who don't and those who sometimes-- explaining the nuance is usually an exercise in futility because most people will dig deep to try to find something to relate with, when they are like the opposite of me. Allosexuals trying to appropriate demisexual erases the nuanced asexual spectrum experience.

Most of my support network is on facebook, and I joined a bunch of those leftbook groups. And like there's this huge debate over exclusion or inclusion. They say that asexuals aren't queer. They tell us we don't experience oppression, marginalization, stigmatization, or discrimination all the while functionally engaging in perpetuating all that stuff they don't believe we experience! Like bottom line full stop: Heterosexual/aromantic and Heteroromantic/asexual. I'm sorry they appear to be straight to you, and you feel like their existence invalidates your struggle. But they are still asexual. The straight privilege you claim they have doesn't exist because they are still ace. I wish there was more written material about how Queer Platonic Partnerships work because hetaces would still face tons of discrimination and difficulty trying to date other allosexuals considering there are inherent needs generally that would not be met thru being ace.

That and when allosexuals don't like that label. I mean, it's the same bullshit with cis and trans. We have words. To communicate one or the other. I'm not sure how the autistic community feels about the asexual community stealing allo as a prefix in relation to autism/allism. In some european communities they call them Zedsexual. Cause like A to Z?

I've spent the last three years helping aces find support and validation. I've cried at their stories about their abusive families and how they treat these minors for being asexual. I've talked to aces of all kinds, and like...when an asexual conversation pops up: "Oh they just don't have sex haha, that's cool, i don't get how anyone could hate that." That stems from a toxic, almost abusive line of thought and it's harmful. We don't feel sexual attraction, it doesn't mean we can't have sex, be into kink, make dirty jokes, fap, watch adult videos, etc etc etc. I'm tired of being treated like it's as simple as not having sex.

We have terms like cupio, aego, lith, fray, demi, quoi, gray, etc to define some of the gray areas between the stereotype of the cold rigid, no sex, no nothing ever stuff and the gray area. But when we go public with them, get told that they are 'made up.'

Honestly, I do not enjoy being ace. I feel other kinds of attraction. I have certain needs. But I don't feel sexual attraction, so it makes trying to get any of my needs met difficult because I'm too indifferent to attempt to become close to someone. Rather, I've accepted that I'm asexual. I spent most of my life performing allosexual cisgender, so maybe have some trauma to work though. At present, it is more difficult for me to be ace than just lie and then create asexual-inspired boundaries once we get intimate. But I can't lie about who I am. I would really like for the conversation about asexuality to pay attention to the fact it's on a spectrum, and it's not as simple as you like to think it is so you can process it.

I want to get to a point where I can just say I'm ace, or asexual and people realize that asexuality is not a monolith. and that it's on a spectrum. Being pre-judged as harmless is insulting, honestly. And it's harmful. So uh yeah, there- I talked about some discrimination. Huzzah

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3479 on: November 28, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »
Being pre-judged as harmless is insulting, honestly. And it's harmful.
:huh