Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898284 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #5700 on: December 11, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
We're aware and are contacting the ad company. I'm hoping we can get this fixed quickly.

I like how they won't deactivate them though.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5701 on: December 11, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
We're aware and are contacting the ad company. I'm hoping we can get this fixed quickly.

I like how they won't deactivate them though.

:nothing

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5702 on: December 11, 2019, 10:52:28 AM »
uh oh, someone disagreed with krejlooc again over something completely innocuous. this time a game wasn't made the way he wanted and people are suggesting maybe not everything has to be for everyone. that means it's meltdown time!

This is such a mind blowingly bad post. Painting what is being done here as some sort of bad boy rebel VR image is just... wow. There is no benefit to what is being described as the problem to users. Nobody likes the feeling of their VR body doing things the user did not intend. Even if it doesn't make you sick, it still doesn't feel good or have any tangible benefit. You're basically saying these really weird, unnatural glitches are a feature, not a bug.

The things you think are being described, that you like, are not mutually exclusive of the "rules." The "rules" are inclusive of the things you think nobody else is doing (but actually are). The "rules" being broken that are being criticized are outright bugs. Bugs that are, best case scenario, only occasionally annoying, and worst case scenario, will make someone extremely sick. These bugs are not necessary for any sort of artificial locomotion method or IK implementation or physics simulation you think you want. You can have all those things without the kind of obviously negative bugs inherent in their design. There is quite literally no upside to what is being described here.

there are plenty of physics driven VR titles already. It's not the physics that are the problem it's this specific implementation of the physics. They are doing things incorrectly, when they can achieve the exact same goals in a different way without making lots of people sick. None of this problem is with the concept, it's entirely their execution. The fault is entirely with their execution, which seems to come from not really paying attention to the last 5 years of iteration and coordination from the wider VR development sphere. These are things other developers have already attempted, got wrong, and discussed how to do right.

These are problems that were widely discussed and sorted out 5 years ago. Developers like me are being "sour fucking heads" because we are trying to impart the lessons we already learned on how to fix this.

It's not being overblown, VR sickness is a very widespread and well discussed issue. It's one of the most constantly harped upon parts of VR design.

Posts like this feel like an extremely poor and misguided attempt at character assassination. What exactly have you contributed to the topic beyond attacking my character, calling me a "sour fucking head?"

It IS designed wrong, the things the game is doing is not their intended effect. Their physics model is not matching the intended tracking of the players. The post you are "agreeing" with is asking why I'm not "finding solutions" when this thread, and tons of threads prior, have been about sharing research. Explaining in detail the faults and why they are faults and specifically how they are being done wrong is not a "teardown." I am speaking from experience, because in my own dev work, I have run into these exact same issues before, years prior, and am sharing the solutions discovered -- not just by me, but by hundreds of other VR developers who freely collaborate on developer forums. Our HL2VR mod work predates consumer positional tracking headsets. I've been doing this, solving these kinds of problems, since before VR headsets were even 6DOF and thus subject to these kinds of problems, through hacked together bespoke hardware.

It very honestly sounds like you don't want to hear any sort of discussion on what the game is doing wrong, simply because you want to like the game. I want to like it too, that is why I am so vocal about the faults. If I didn't want this game to be fixed, I wouldn't be spending my time, writing detailed posts of what is going wrong, why those things going wrong are detrimental to the industry, and how many other developers have tackled and solved those problems. A big, high profile game like this having these kinds of faults hurts the entire industry, it comes back to me as a developer. Their game does a lot of other things well, but they are all pointless if many people cannot play the game without getting sick. All the good design the game actually does gets pushed aside if the game can't be played by a not-insignificant portion of the potential userbase. These kinds of faults give VR a stigma that many developers have been working very hard to shed for years now already. Expecting people not to speak up and point out the faults is lunacy.

*developer sticks hand into fire holding an ear of corn to cook it, advises others to stick their hand into fire*

Me: "Don't stick your hand into fire, I did that before in the past, it will burn you and hurt. That's a bad idea. Here is the proper way to cook corn without burning your hand. You can eat your corn without burning your hand."

Others: "Why are you so critical? At least they are trying something new! I LIKE that they're willing to cook corn, breaking those rules. Fire doesn't bother me at all, so YMMV. It's only day 1, maybe tomorrow sticking your hand into the fire will feel better? Sounds like you just are some sort of corn hater, running a hate campaign against fire. Try offering solutions next time!"

This is the number 1 selling game on Steam right now. Telling people on one of the most active gaming forums the faults with this game, so they understand why they are getting sick, why the game is not reacting correctly to their input, and how those problems are not inherent to the medium, is very important. This is a topic aimed at the consumers who buy the game. I have been diligent in explaining the problem in multiple posts, to explain to potential buyers that solutions already exist.

I am not limited to a single post on twitter. Do not speak for me. I also post on VR developer forums not open to the general public. Trying to relay gamedev information on steam forums is not conducive to good discussion. I am not ignorant of ways to convey this information. This is explicitly a consumer-facing thread.

To clarify for people questioning my posts ITT, I think my frank style of speech -- which is how I actually speak IRL -- throws people off in this (and other) threads. Speaking passionately is not the same as being angry or riled up. Text is often colder and more dry than intended. The same sentence can be interpreted as anger when it's merely an especially effortful attempt at conveying what is in my head. When I talk about things of a technical nature, I often struggle when writing posts to keep things from being too verbose, which results in a lot of curt sounding statements that are actually just attempts at brevity. I often am choosing what information to omit, because I can honestly talk about these issues at length for hours. And when I realize in subsequent posts that I haven't explained myself correctly, it's a race to re-convey that information before the original post and point gets lost as the thread moves along. That's also why I frequently edit old posts, I'm constantly second guessing myself about whether I conveyed things adequately, because I can't be sure what the base level of knowledge for the person I'm speaking to is about the subject at hand.

I don't get how people in this topic keep misunderstanding that this isn't about comfort. What is being criticized is not their decision to build a game intended for quote hardcore players.

What is being criticized is their failure at doing so. As a hardcore sim, their game is broken. They spent a ton of time working on physics, but their physics model is broken. Considering the level of detail in their gun model, their physics model works against it. Their design decisions are literally going against their intended goal. They aren't hitting their mark, and even worse, there is an additional, much more troublesome side effect of their decisions actually making people sick.

There are ways to build "hardcore" games without "comfort" options that don't make people sick like this. It is not "hardcore" to have the game push you around the world in unintended ways. There are clear ways to solve this problem, which have been established for years now.

Notice how games like other popular VR games like Pavlov, which also have no comfort options, don't invite this type of discussion. The problem is that their design decisions are doing fundamentally wrong things that yield sickness. Things that, for example, ruin their gunplay model at the same time. Things that work against their climbing mechanic. Things that inhibit people's ability to use the intended controls. That also have the very bad side effect of being one of the things that happens to make people the very most sick.

VR games need to not make people sick like this. The ways this is making people sick, are not good for any VR game's goals. Including this game. You are pretty much defending the existence of unintended bugs as though they are deliberate design decisions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/highly-anticipated-vr-title-boneworks-is-a-collection-of-vr-sins.158449/page-6

this isn't even all his posts on the page :lol

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #5703 on: December 11, 2019, 10:53:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/there-are-threads-on-the-last-page-with-0-replies.158505/#post-27266625

Quote from: Messofanego
I have three threads with just 1 reply and one thread with 3 replies. It seems more about timing sometimes, hitting the US time zones

Ah yes, it's the time zones..

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5704 on: December 11, 2019, 10:54:27 AM »
User banned (1 month): sexism over a series of posts

I don't get it, devs work to be inclusive to the point of adding gender to monster aliens that kill people and the best people come up with is "I don't like this design?" I feel like the devs added something didn't have to and no one would have even noticed, but because this model doesn't look like some unfeminine roid monster someone once wrote about it's horrible? I really feel people miss the forest for the trees(they don't like). We are living in an age where female representation in games is getting more and more mainstream but we can't celebrate anything we can only complain when that representation doesn't match what we feel it should look like. Like the representation doesn't count because you don't like boob plates. Sigh. I think the design is cool and I like the fact they made a female murder machine that looks just as capable as the other predators.
Nobody is saying that. What I'm saying is for all the complaints about female characters in games, no one ever says good job or that's creative and inclusive. This is a cool looking character, let's try leading with that.
thank you mods

1 month for not agreeing with the premise of the thread  :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #5705 on: December 11, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
How could you possibly not identify that these people aren’t ‘good’? My dad as a child mostly played football, played on his bike and hung around with his friends. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds pretty great to be honest.

I did the same as well, but I also watched a lot of cartoons and films. Star Wars, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. All of these would have a series of heroes and a core central villain. The stories these shows told would also have a morality tale behind them.

When you were partying, I studied the history of transformers. When you were having premarital sex, I mastered the Star Wars lore. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated my morality. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

nudemacusers

« Reply #5706 on: December 11, 2019, 11:09:58 AM »
Wow these ‘ad teams’ really are dropping the ball! 😯
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5707 on: December 11, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
crazy how every other non-shit website on the internet doesn't have this issue. probably a coincidence :doge

nudemacusers

« Reply #5708 on: December 11, 2019, 11:16:15 AM »
crazy how every other non-shit website on the internet doesn't have this issue. probably a coincidence :doge
Big Ad in the pocket of alt-right benefactors, trying to keep progressive voices silent 🤯
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tiops

« Reply #5709 on: December 11, 2019, 11:21:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/there-are-threads-on-the-last-page-with-0-replies.158505/#post-27266625

Quote from: Messofanego
I have three threads with just 1 reply and one thread with 3 replies. It seems more about timing sometimes, hitting the US time zones

Ah yes, it's the time zones..

Yes, same reason why my posts here don't get many likes.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #5710 on: December 11, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-boomers-white.158523/

Whenever i see someone say "ok Boomer" or some shit about how much privelege the Baby Boomers have, how much they owned, how easy their lives were, i can only picture it being true of white people and even more specifically white men. I mean, inequality was a major issue in that generation. Not everyone had it easy. In fact alot of older non-white people had it fucking hard. And to those people the "ok boomer" shit just comes of as extremely disrespectful.

So is my understanding acurate or am i off the mark and missing something?

:iface

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5711 on: December 11, 2019, 12:04:13 PM »
I'm not ugly enough

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #5712 on: December 11, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »
Tell George RR Martin to get off his hog and finish Winds of Winter.
Oi Oi

BikeJesus

« Reply #5713 on: December 11, 2019, 01:15:46 PM »
uh oh, someone disagreed with krejlooc again over something completely innocuous. this time a game wasn't made the way he wanted and people are suggesting maybe not everything has to be for everyone. that means it's meltdown time!

This is such a mind blowingly bad post. Painting what is being done here as some sort of bad boy rebel VR image is just... wow. There is no benefit to what is being described as the problem to users. Nobody likes the feeling of their VR body doing things the user did not intend. Even if it doesn't make you sick, it still doesn't feel good or have any tangible benefit. You're basically saying these really weird, unnatural glitches are a feature, not a bug.

The things you think are being described, that you like, are not mutually exclusive of the "rules." The "rules" are inclusive of the things you think nobody else is doing (but actually are). The "rules" being broken that are being criticized are outright bugs. Bugs that are, best case scenario, only occasionally annoying, and worst case scenario, will make someone extremely sick. These bugs are not necessary for any sort of artificial locomotion method or IK implementation or physics simulation you think you want. You can have all those things without the kind of obviously negative bugs inherent in their design. There is quite literally no upside to what is being described here.

there are plenty of physics driven VR titles already. It's not the physics that are the problem it's this specific implementation of the physics. They are doing things incorrectly, when they can achieve the exact same goals in a different way without making lots of people sick. None of this problem is with the concept, it's entirely their execution. The fault is entirely with their execution, which seems to come from not really paying attention to the last 5 years of iteration and coordination from the wider VR development sphere. These are things other developers have already attempted, got wrong, and discussed how to do right.

These are problems that were widely discussed and sorted out 5 years ago. Developers like me are being "sour fucking heads" because we are trying to impart the lessons we already learned on how to fix this.

It's not being overblown, VR sickness is a very widespread and well discussed issue. It's one of the most constantly harped upon parts of VR design.

Posts like this feel like an extremely poor and misguided attempt at character assassination. What exactly have you contributed to the topic beyond attacking my character, calling me a "sour fucking head?"

It IS designed wrong, the things the game is doing is not their intended effect. Their physics model is not matching the intended tracking of the players. The post you are "agreeing" with is asking why I'm not "finding solutions" when this thread, and tons of threads prior, have been about sharing research. Explaining in detail the faults and why they are faults and specifically how they are being done wrong is not a "teardown." I am speaking from experience, because in my own dev work, I have run into these exact same issues before, years prior, and am sharing the solutions discovered -- not just by me, but by hundreds of other VR developers who freely collaborate on developer forums. Our HL2VR mod work predates consumer positional tracking headsets. I've been doing this, solving these kinds of problems, since before VR headsets were even 6DOF and thus subject to these kinds of problems, through hacked together bespoke hardware.

It very honestly sounds like you don't want to hear any sort of discussion on what the game is doing wrong, simply because you want to like the game. I want to like it too, that is why I am so vocal about the faults. If I didn't want this game to be fixed, I wouldn't be spending my time, writing detailed posts of what is going wrong, why those things going wrong are detrimental to the industry, and how many other developers have tackled and solved those problems. A big, high profile game like this having these kinds of faults hurts the entire industry, it comes back to me as a developer. Their game does a lot of other things well, but they are all pointless if many people cannot play the game without getting sick. All the good design the game actually does gets pushed aside if the game can't be played by a not-insignificant portion of the potential userbase. These kinds of faults give VR a stigma that many developers have been working very hard to shed for years now already. Expecting people not to speak up and point out the faults is lunacy.

*developer sticks hand into fire holding an ear of corn to cook it, advises others to stick their hand into fire*

Me: "Don't stick your hand into fire, I did that before in the past, it will burn you and hurt. That's a bad idea. Here is the proper way to cook corn without burning your hand. You can eat your corn without burning your hand."

Others: "Why are you so critical? At least they are trying something new! I LIKE that they're willing to cook corn, breaking those rules. Fire doesn't bother me at all, so YMMV. It's only day 1, maybe tomorrow sticking your hand into the fire will feel better? Sounds like you just are some sort of corn hater, running a hate campaign against fire. Try offering solutions next time!"

This is the number 1 selling game on Steam right now. Telling people on one of the most active gaming forums the faults with this game, so they understand why they are getting sick, why the game is not reacting correctly to their input, and how those problems are not inherent to the medium, is very important. This is a topic aimed at the consumers who buy the game. I have been diligent in explaining the problem in multiple posts, to explain to potential buyers that solutions already exist.

I am not limited to a single post on twitter. Do not speak for me. I also post on VR developer forums not open to the general public. Trying to relay gamedev information on steam forums is not conducive to good discussion. I am not ignorant of ways to convey this information. This is explicitly a consumer-facing thread.

To clarify for people questioning my posts ITT, I think my frank style of speech -- which is how I actually speak IRL -- throws people off in this (and other) threads. Speaking passionately is not the same as being angry or riled up. Text is often colder and more dry than intended. The same sentence can be interpreted as anger when it's merely an especially effortful attempt at conveying what is in my head. When I talk about things of a technical nature, I often struggle when writing posts to keep things from being too verbose, which results in a lot of curt sounding statements that are actually just attempts at brevity. I often am choosing what information to omit, because I can honestly talk about these issues at length for hours. And when I realize in subsequent posts that I haven't explained myself correctly, it's a race to re-convey that information before the original post and point gets lost as the thread moves along. That's also why I frequently edit old posts, I'm constantly second guessing myself about whether I conveyed things adequately, because I can't be sure what the base level of knowledge for the person I'm speaking to is about the subject at hand.

I don't get how people in this topic keep misunderstanding that this isn't about comfort. What is being criticized is not their decision to build a game intended for quote hardcore players.

What is being criticized is their failure at doing so. As a hardcore sim, their game is broken. They spent a ton of time working on physics, but their physics model is broken. Considering the level of detail in their gun model, their physics model works against it. Their design decisions are literally going against their intended goal. They aren't hitting their mark, and even worse, there is an additional, much more troublesome side effect of their decisions actually making people sick.

There are ways to build "hardcore" games without "comfort" options that don't make people sick like this. It is not "hardcore" to have the game push you around the world in unintended ways. There are clear ways to solve this problem, which have been established for years now.

Notice how games like other popular VR games like Pavlov, which also have no comfort options, don't invite this type of discussion. The problem is that their design decisions are doing fundamentally wrong things that yield sickness. Things that, for example, ruin their gunplay model at the same time. Things that work against their climbing mechanic. Things that inhibit people's ability to use the intended controls. That also have the very bad side effect of being one of the things that happens to make people the very most sick.

VR games need to not make people sick like this. The ways this is making people sick, are not good for any VR game's goals. Including this game. You are pretty much defending the existence of unintended bugs as though they are deliberate design decisions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/highly-anticipated-vr-title-boneworks-is-a-collection-of-vr-sins.158449/page-6

this isn't even all his posts on the page :lol

I've had my Index for about a week, only played a bit of Superhot and Trover, and I sunk 3 hours straight into Boneworks last night. My computer isn't that great, so I'm on low settings with about 70% resolution scale. I didn't have any sickness, and I had a great time playing the game.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5714 on: December 11, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-quit-my-job-today-didnt-show-up.158435/

Bunch of fucking manbabies.

I come in and find out my department is having our BDC meeting, which was a very demoralizing hour and a half long meeting where we show nothing but an upward trend since I started to work there

:confused

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5715 on: December 11, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
User banned (1 week): Mod-whining, misrepresenting moderation (the cited member was banned for harassing another member, not for criticizing TLJ), derailing and hostility over a series of posts + history of infractions for hostility and mod-whining

Wow @ Elegant Weapon catching a ONE MONTH BAN in that thread for complaining about this and the representation of black people in the Star Wars franchise. Any mods care to explain this?

ban explanations in ban explanations

we in this now

they had to clarify it definitely wasn't for criticising Disneys Lucasfilms Star Wars, because most of the fucking mods all have star wars avatars right now and thats just Bad Optics

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5717 on: December 11, 2019, 01:34:26 PM »
I've had my Index for about a week, only played a bit of Superhot and Trover, and I sunk 3 hours straight into Boneworks last night. My computer isn't that great, so I'm on low settings with about 70% resolution scale. I didn't have any sickness, and I had a great time playing the game.
Personally I'm waiting til I feel more comfortable in VR but it does look like a lot of fun. Lone Echo is a "moderate comfort" VR game and that was messing with me a bit/

I don't really see the need to throw a tantrum cause a dev is experimenting in a new field even if they do "break the rules of VR"....but it's making me laugh either way. I'm loving the complete meltdown over "maybe its okay if this game isn't for everyone" :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5718 on: December 11, 2019, 01:35:12 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5719 on: December 11, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/michael-jackson-melly-r-kelly-ryan-adams-streams-plays-all-up-or-steady-after-they-were-canceled.158584/post-27277559

Half the country voted for Trump as president. You think they're going to stop listening to Thriller?
Are you saying listening to Thriller is worse or as bad as voting for Trump?

:neo
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5720 on: December 11, 2019, 01:58:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/michael-jackson-melly-r-kelly-ryan-adams-streams-plays-all-up-or-steady-after-they-were-canceled.158584/post-27277738

Stinkles having his usual Grandpa Simpson post :

But I'm not going to live in a world where people get to live in their own reality and I have to argue about it.

That's the spirit !
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #5721 on: December 11, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »
is he threatening suicide?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5722 on: December 11, 2019, 02:03:57 PM »
I'm too old and tired to respond to another delusional MJ fan who starts with "I haven't seen the documentary but those kids lied to get money."

how often is this happening to him?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5723 on: December 11, 2019, 02:06:05 PM »
ive never actively contributed money to the Jackson family, not once. the records i've purchased have always been second hand. that's pretty much where I stand on this. i just dont do it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/michael-jackson-melly-r-kelly-ryan-adams-streams-plays-all-up-or-steady-after-they-were-canceled.158584/post-27280198

truly a hero for the ages

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5724 on: December 11, 2019, 02:10:08 PM »
Doesn't Stinkles have a next gen launch game to develop?  ???
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5725 on: December 11, 2019, 02:14:01 PM »
My mom, for example, is a hardcore MJ fan and anytime I bring up the allegations she gives me the old "white-owned media always tries to destroy successful black men" conspiracy theory

If that's a conspiracy theory, lots of bans forthcoming.
 :lucille

https://www.resetera.com/threads/michael-jackson-melly-r-kelly-ryan-adams-streams-plays-all-up-or-steady-after-they-were-canceled.158584/post-27279584
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5726 on: December 11, 2019, 02:17:04 PM »
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5727 on: December 11, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »
Most of the times I've seen "Ok boomer" it was being used in defense of some really odious alt-right opinions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-our-generation-eventually-become-the-baddies.158493/post-27280747
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5728 on: December 11, 2019, 02:25:33 PM »
https://kotaku.com/ninja-is-a-regular-human-being-who-definitely-knows-how-1840368361

Did this really need an article written about it? :dizzy
:mindblown

pls do not vilify the most important journalistic outlet of our times. its definitely not an article written by a spiteful twat for no reason other than to embarrass someone else for no reason while also saying "i'm trying to be kind".

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #5729 on: December 11, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »
https://kotaku.com/ninja-is-a-regular-human-being-who-definitely-knows-how-1840368361

lmao, expected a heather alexandria byline before even clicking

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #5730 on: December 11, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
who the fuck is melly?
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #5731 on: December 11, 2019, 02:47:42 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5732 on: December 11, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »
Smart of them to use the union things as avatars on their site. Makes it easier for management  8)
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #5733 on: December 11, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »

That said: It’s a sandwich. It’s a sandwich? It’s a sandwich.
Well meme'd.  ;)

HaughtyFrank

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #5735 on: December 11, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »
RE going all "fuck the justice system!" over a civil suit settlement

https://www.resetera.com/threads/harvey-weinstein-former-studio-reach-tentative-25-million-deal-with-his-accusers-civil-suit-no-admission-of-wrongdoing-or-pay-any-of-his-own-money.158639/

REE would love nothing more than to bring back public executions of the people they don't like. No justice short of a firing squad of non-binary women of color would be good enough for them.

daemon

« Reply #5736 on: December 11, 2019, 04:02:35 PM »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #5737 on: December 11, 2019, 04:10:15 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/harvey-weinstein-former-studio-reach-tentative-25-million-deal-with-his-accusers-civil-suit-no-admission-of-wrongdoing-or-pay-any-of-his-own-money.158639/

REE would love nothing more than to bring back public executions of the people they don't like. No justice short of a firing squad of non-binary women of color would be good enough for them.
They are pretty much the “burn the witch” scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

And the “violence inherent in the system repression” scene.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5738 on: December 11, 2019, 04:13:15 PM »

Imagine wanting more justice than the victims.

Oh wait, that's era

Don't both sides have to agree for a settlement to happen?

Imagine having to ask this question. :snoop

BisMarckie

« Reply #5739 on: December 11, 2019, 04:14:43 PM »
How can a forum full of experts on American and International politics be so uniformed on the legal system?  :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5740 on: December 11, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-may-not-be-the-place-but-is-anyone-getting-constant-pop-ups-and-redirects-on-resetera-now.158538/
Quote from: B-Dubs
We are aware of the issue with the redirect ads and are working with the ad company to try and get it fixed as fast as we can. We've been in contact with the ad company and will continue to be until this is fixed.

As frustrated as all of you are, I promise that we're just as frustrated. We want this fixed just as much as all of you.

As always, please report any issues to the ad reporting thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ad-reporting-thread.60928/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/these-ad-redirects-that-just-happen-on-mobile-are-getting-out-of-hand.158541/
We are aware of the issue with the redirect ads and are working with the ad company to try and get it fixed as fast as we can. We've been in contact with the ad company and will continue to be until this is fixed.

As frustrated as all of you are, I promise that we're just as frustrated. We want this fixed just as much as all of you.

As always, please report any issues to the ad reporting thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ad-reporting-thread.60928/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ad-reporting-thread.60928/page-20
Quote from: Cerium
INFORMATION
Apologies for the inconvenience, looks like a particularly bad wave hit today.

We're trying a new solution now on mobile, please let me know if you experience issues on mobile for the rest of the day.

Quote from: agent provocateur
If this ad service is fine with constant hijacking ads I’m sure they do shady stuff with our data as well. What ad service does resetera use so I can see their data collection policies?
Quote from: another agent provocateur
This shit has been happening for weeks. How is it not fixed? Ridiculous.
Quote from: yet another agent provocateur
Because money. Nobody really gives a fuck as long as they are bringing in cash. This shit can be fixed in two seconds, just stop all ads until it’s resolved. Can’t do that though..... this place is gaf 2.0
Quote from: yet one more agent provocateur
You guys need to shut off the ads while this is getting handled as it is now resetera is unusable on mobile. Im getting redirects every thread today its beyond ridiculous.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5741 on: December 11, 2019, 04:43:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-quit-my-job-today-didnt-show-up.158435/

Bunch of fucking manbabies.

I come in and find out my department is having our BDC meeting, which was a very demoralizing hour and a half long meeting where we show nothing but an upward trend since I started to work there

:confused

Demoralizing because he's the only one in the Big Dick Club meeting without a big dick, imo

Maybe the company got bought out by a venture capitalist firm and OP's excellent business skills are ruining their plans for a pump and dump?
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #5742 on: December 11, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-may-not-be-the-place-but-is-anyone-getting-constant-pop-ups-and-redirects-on-resetera-now.158538/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/these-ad-redirects-that-just-happen-on-mobile-are-getting-out-of-hand.158541/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-ad-reporting-thread.60928/page-20
Quote from: Cerium
INFORMATION
Apologies for the inconvenience, looks like a particularly bad wave hit today.

We're trying a new solution now on mobile, please let me know if you experience issues on mobile for the rest of the day.

Quote from: agent provocateur
If this ad service is fine with constant hijacking ads I’m sure they do shady stuff with our data as well. What ad service does resetera use so I can see their data collection policies?
Quote from: another agent provocateur
This shit has been happening for weeks. How is it not fixed? Ridiculous.
Quote from: yet another agent provocateur
Because money. Nobody really gives a fuck as long as they are bringing in cash. This shit can be fixed in two seconds, just stop all ads until it’s resolved. Can’t do that though..... this place is gaf 2.0
Quote from: yet one more agent provocateur
You guys need to shut off the ads while this is getting handled as it is now resetera is unusable on mobile. Im getting redirects every thread today its beyond ridiculous.

:clap Our :clap Ad :clap Team :clap is :clap on :clap it :clap ! :clap

BikeJesus

« Reply #5743 on: December 11, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
Quote from: krej
Yes I've played the game, I had it preordered since the moment the store page went up.

Dude is a liar. There was no pre-order. Couldn't buy the game until it went live.

Friggin lunatic said people disagreeing with him makes him want to leave the board. The autist summit can't come soon enough.

Reading him complain about the developers breaking all the vr 'rules' makes me think of the review of the aliens game that used what is now standard fps controls.

I think a high fov and refresh rate do wonders for motion sickness. I got ill almost immediately when I tried a cheap WMR headset. No issues at all with the index. Even my old gf who can't watch console fps games without feeling sick has no problem using the index for flying around in Google Earth vr or watching 360 videos.

Dude is trying to gatekeep and prevent developers from trying new things. Locomotion is great. I do not enjoy games that only have teleport.

I wish someone would enter that thread and simply post 'ok boomer'. They would be banned, but it would be worth it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5744 on: December 11, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
Wait until after the Christmas break!
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #5745 on: December 11, 2019, 05:03:04 PM »
Why can't they just use a mobile browser with built in ad blocking to visit Ree like I do?

:brain
User Banned (3 Months): Advocating for website piracy through alt-right means

benjipwns

« Reply #5746 on: December 11, 2019, 05:05:39 PM »
Why can't they just not visit RE
User Banned (2 Weeks): Spreading alt-right conspiracy theories, history of looking up racists

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #5747 on: December 11, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »
aren't the ads semi-targeted? i just refreshed 10 times after turning off ad-blocker.
before logging in, i get 9 lastpass ads (which i used) and a paypal ad. i got the same after logging in

apart from being insulted for using an password i set at 17 (how did they know?!!), i didn't see any trash ads. but then again, i don't spend all my life trawling the internet/youtube searching for bad actors to decry

edit: TOP OF PAGE EIMI
spoiler (click to show/hide)
MADE YOU LOOK
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5748 on: December 11, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »
Yes I've played the game, I had it preordered since the moment the store page went up.

Dude is a liar. There was no pre-order. Couldn't buy the game until it went live.

Friggin lunatic said people disagreeing with him makes him want to leave the board. The autist summit can't come soon enough.

Reading him complain about the developers breaking all the vr 'rules' makes me think of the review of the aliens game that used what is now standard fps controls.

I think a high fov and refresh rate do wonders for motion sickness. I got ill almost immediately when I tried a cheap WMR headset. No issues at all with the index. Even my old gf who can't watch console fps games without feeling sick has no problem using the index for flying around in Google Earth vr or watching 360 videos.

Dude is trying to gatekeep and prevent developers from trying new things. Locomotion is great. I do not enjoy games that only have teleport.

I wish someone would enter that thread and simply post 'ok boomer'. They would be banned, but it would be worth it.

no you see he's an expert on vr cause he helped make one of the shittiest vr ports i've ever seen

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #5749 on: December 11, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
How can a forum full of experts on American and International politics be so uniformed on the legal system?  :doge

It drives me batty how off the top of their head they can recite the percentage of black people arrested year by year and know of every wrongly convicted person but their knowledge of judicial basics is worse than your average Law and Order viewer.  Or a cop will rape 15 women, there will be physical evidence from all the victims and testimony, the police force will refuse to support him and their response is, "he was found guilty but just wait till the appeal!"  "I bet the governor pardons him."   

And of course if you point out the obvious you are called the dumb one.

They are also the type of horrible people to wonder why Weinstien should even be allowed legal recourse, flip out when Dylan Roof types get lawyers, but when Sean Hannity calls an abortion doctor's lawyer scum they demand blood.
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5750 on: December 11, 2019, 05:49:36 PM »

The guy's name is Cool Jerk backwards. Says all you need to know really...
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #5751 on: December 11, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »
The guy's name is Cool Jerk backwards.
:neo

benjipwns

« Reply #5752 on: December 11, 2019, 05:52:31 PM »
i need to go ly down

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #5753 on: December 11, 2019, 05:54:33 PM »
 :goty2

The guy's name is Cool Jerk backwards. Says all you need to know really...

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5754 on: December 11, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »
lmao now he's just spamming the thread with tweets and no comment to back up him being right

https://www.resetera.com/threads/highly-anticipated-vr-title-boneworks-is-a-collection-of-vr-sins.158449/page-8

and also claiming that unity physics implementation is the same in all games across the board? sounds like he bought something on the asset store and assumes all devs use that. :lol

so, just to follow you: you must do your research, but then you can't get off the beaten path so just do the stuff that people tried before (btw, they did, in their previous games), then low and behold, they have an incredibly successful game in their hands, and they probably convinced valve with their game to add smooth locomotion to hl alyx, I'd love to fail in the same way
This is some weird "nothing is off limits" libertarian mental masturbation, probably because you're more interested in scoring gotcha points and dunks and smiley faces and trademark symbols than actually conversing.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/highly-anticipated-vr-title-boneworks-is-a-collection-of-vr-sins.158449/post-27289099

so mad :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5755 on: December 11, 2019, 05:59:49 PM »
no wonder he's heated about smileys. he got destroyed by one :rofl

being like this is the entire point of the game, it's biggest selling point and with 2k reviews already and a very positive rating I think the OP can only learn some lessons from the Boneworks team :)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/highly-anticipated-vr-title-boneworks-is-a-collection-of-vr-sins.158449/post-27286429

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #5756 on: December 11, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »
Who’d have thought an adult with a sanic avatar would be a total special fellow  :doge
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #5757 on: December 11, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
Quote from: cooljerk
Threads like this make me want to leave the board entirely. Why spend my time talking to people who will ignore well funded research for nebulous reasons?
hasn't he been around GAF/ERA/SegaFan forums for like 20+ years?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5758 on: December 11, 2019, 06:06:52 PM »
i love this dude, one of the most hilarious posters on the board. dude just cannot understand how people don't realize his opinion is the final word and law on all matters :lol

he had another thread earlier today about writing a beginners guide to game dev and it was based in linux, and if he should add a windows part to it. when someone said a beginner might not want to install linux, he changed his mind into it not being for beginners, and then again into it being a book that was already written so hes not gonna change anything :rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aspiring-beginner-game-devs-would-you-be-willing-to-follow-programming-tutorials-revolving-around-linux.158529/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:11:06 PM by nachobro »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #5759 on: December 11, 2019, 06:08:41 PM »
Isn’t he the one who said he could beat Steph curry one on one at the basketball  :leon
(ice)