Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 900405 times)

paprikastaude

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7020 on: December 21, 2019, 12:36:32 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7022 on: December 21, 2019, 02:53:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1208077972021874689

I haven't read books much at all lately, guess I'm just being progressive  8)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7023 on: December 21, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
Also, why the upsetetti over Huxley? Brave New World actually a utopia as far as they're concerned or something?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #7024 on: December 21, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »
You can tell it's the weekend because all the crayon eaters are out in force

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fx-said-to-be-looking-for-a-trans-poc-actress-for-their-carrie-limited-tv-series.160572/

"I want to see some MAGA teens get their fucking skin burned off."

Liberals.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7025 on: December 21, 2019, 03:20:23 PM »
Also, why the upsetetti over Huxley? Brave New World actually a utopia as far as they're concerned or something?

You really think someone dumb enough to say that has actually read Brave New World?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not that I have
[close]

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7026 on: December 21, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »
“IT’S SUCH A WASTE OF ALL OUR TIME”: RONAN FARROW THINKS CANCEL CULTURE SHOULD HAVE LIMITS

Even some of the people who helped cancel the biggest monsters of all—here’s looking at you, Weinstein—believe there should be limits to the movement, as Ronan Farrow explained on this week’s Inside the Hive podcast. “I think cancel culture with respect to words and not actions, is by and large quite silly,” Farrow said. “I think people should totally have space to ask dumb questions. I think there’s plenty of terrible and criminal behavior that is absolutely worthy of cancellation, to use that framework, without us running around canceling all of the people who said the wrong thing and then said, Oh shit, sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/ronan-farrow-thinks-cancel-culture-should-have-limits

Et tu, Ronan?
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7027 on: December 21, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »
“IT’S SUCH A WASTE OF ALL OUR TIME”: RONAN FARROW THINKS CANCEL CULTURE SHOULD HAVE LIMITS

Even some of the people who helped cancel the biggest monsters of all—here’s looking at you, Weinstein—believe there should be limits to the movement, as Ronan Farrow explained on this week’s Inside the Hive podcast. “I think cancel culture with respect to words and not actions, is by and large quite silly,” Farrow said. “I think people should totally have space to ask dumb questions. I think there’s plenty of terrible and criminal behavior that is absolutely worthy of cancellation, to use that framework, without us running around canceling all of the people who said the wrong thing and then said, Oh shit, sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/ronan-farrow-thinks-cancel-culture-should-have-limits

Et tu, Ronan?

without us running around canceling all of the people who said the wrong thing and then said, Oh shit, sorry, I didn’t mean to say that.”

RE: "I've never seen that happen. Cancel culture doesn't even exist"

Someone: "What about Etika?"

RE: "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU"

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7028 on: December 21, 2019, 03:45:27 PM »
I wouldnt allow this with my students but we do talk about privilege and minority students to vocally speak out against white privilege

However “fuck white people” is overly hostile. Someone once said “i wish all white babies were aborted or killed” and u can see how that is clearly inappropriate and makes white students uncomfortable. Its flat out disgusting and hateful

Had to call out that student and I set boundaries on the language when it targets classmates

Nepenthe’s teacher posts on resetera? :heh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7029 on: December 21, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »

man, this gif just keeps on giving

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7030 on: December 21, 2019, 04:08:03 PM »
all those posters in that fuck whitey thread casually dropping that only used by the alt-right as a dogwhistle phrase "performative wokeness"  :heh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7032 on: December 21, 2019, 05:07:59 PM »

Eugenics in it, I'd wager. After all the "savages" are not part of the "perfect society"/utopia which basically had gene-breeding-selection to try to get diseases/etc. out of the pool.

(I read Brave New World in HS)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7033 on: December 21, 2019, 05:22:31 PM »

Eugenics in it, I'd wager. After all the "savages" are not part of the "perfect society"/utopia which basically had gene-breeding-selection to try to get diseases/etc. out of the pool.

They also bred certain classes to be dumber, shorter, be scared of nature and have an affinity towards smelling smoke as to make them better workers.

But they encouraged children run around naked and play sex games so it's probably a wash for Era.
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7034 on: December 21, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/terry-gilliam-really-hates-black-panther.160673/

(Image removed from quote.)
Fuck me

*reads quote*

he can't be white, right? He wouldnt be saying...

*googles Terry Gilliam*

Alright then.
I have no idea who this old lump of shit director is, but he can stay mad.

Someone take a blow torch DDOS to ResetEra and put them out of their misery.

Jesus fucking christ.
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7035 on: December 21, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »

Same.
I recall the exist to basically consume aspect and being made content in your own bubble through that consumption to avoid asking questions.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7036 on: December 21, 2019, 05:41:11 PM »
Goddamn Sweeney is a fucking weirdo. They talked about how their two viewings yesterday were the 38th and 39th time they watched it :kobeyuck

I don't think I've seen my favorite movie 25 times, let alone about to do 40.
Just arrested development much like the rest of that board. Plenty of 4-7 year olds watch the same movie over and over again, and that's where they are mentally.
Um, it's a little thing called RESEARCH, they are gathering facts to blow bigots like you out of the water when you try to make marginalized people feel unsafe by posting regressive views about what art is.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7037 on: December 21, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
Delphine (a moderator) being a little asshole because she has to explain that the interview screenshot she posted is fake

Quote from: Delphine

I'M FUCKING HOWLING!

EDIT: Since people keep quoting this post without looking for context, and since having to explain jokes is always fun: this is a direct quote from that Hard Drive parody article about JK Rowling being a transphobic trash posted above. It is not an actual interview of JK Rowling, it is the Hard Drive making a joke at her expanse, because she is quite infamous for adding unnecessary backstory to her Harry Potter characters years after the entire saga was done and over, just to make it look more progressive and inclusive. Anyway, now it's all explained, please laugh along with me, because that article was really delivering, Hard Drive slapped hard as hell, they clearly shouted "TRANS RIGHTS!" and I love them for it.
Didn't think I'd have to make that edit because apparently people don't pay enough attention to what I was answering to in my post, but in any case, I added an edit explaining the joke (always a fun thing to have to explain jokes, gotta love that)! Let's hope it'll make things clear enough.
Try to do it without the passive aggressiveness next time.
Thank you for your feedback, your opinion about my tone and your desire to police it have been duly noted, have a nice day.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jk-rowling-supports-terf-who-was-fired-for-being-transphobic.160247/post-27576833

Great mods you got there

ShutUp

« Reply #7038 on: December 21, 2019, 06:31:12 PM »
Also, according to at least one person in that thread, Snape is now an incel character.

Just keep slapping words on things you don't like ERA. One day it'll actually make sense.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7039 on: December 21, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »
Monty Python: cancelled
JK Rowling: cancelled
Star Wars: cancelled

yet cancel culture does not exist  ;)
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7040 on: December 21, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #7041 on: December 21, 2019, 06:53:45 PM »

What's the shit about Monty Python?

I know about JK Rowling.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7042 on: December 21, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »

I know about JK Rowling.
Terry Gilliam, the 'director' they hate so much because he said Black Panther sucks is part of the Monty Python group.
None of them know that however because it wasn't published by Disney.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7043 on: December 21, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »

I know about JK Rowling.

Terry Gilliam said he didn't like Black Panther, and no-such-thing-as-cancel-culture ensued

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7044 on: December 21, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »
How are we supposed to talk about men's health and make meaningfully progress towards less toxicity when the discussion devolves into crap like this.

Good question!

You can't talk about it on resetera.

Period.

Good answer!

Leadbelly

« Reply #7045 on: December 21, 2019, 07:21:30 PM »
lol

So basically nothing. They've turned making drama out of nothing into an art form.

Drainage

« Reply #7046 on: December 21, 2019, 08:20:53 PM »
I’ve been playing FF13 for some fucking reason... it respects my time less than any game I’ve ever played. Fuck yes, give it to me harder lightning-chan

thisismyusername

« Reply #7047 on: December 21, 2019, 08:39:36 PM »
I’ve been playing FF13 for some fucking reason... it respects my time less than any game I’ve ever played. Fuck yes, give it to me harder lightning-chan

13-2 is better but not by much.

Leadbelly

« Reply #7048 on: December 21, 2019, 08:41:59 PM »
There are a lot of linear games, but never has a game felt more linear.

Drainage

« Reply #7049 on: December 21, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »
My biggest issue is the “dungeons” feel like someone mashed copy paste for a few minutes using a handful of art assets and called it a day. FFX did a much better job crafting environments that felt like actual places despite being just as linear.

benjipwns

« Reply #7050 on: December 21, 2019, 10:17:04 PM »
Promoting voting for Nazis:

benjipwns

« Reply #7051 on: December 21, 2019, 10:35:52 PM »
User Warned: Antagonizing other members.

Wow, seeing some names I haven't seen in a long time pop up in this thread. Xbox-era on high alert or something?
User Warned: Hostility toward another member

Why the fuck do you care?
User Warned: Inflammatory generalization

Haha. China has no shame.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #7052 on: December 21, 2019, 10:58:46 PM »
Just saw star wars, no wonder era love that shit.

Although, all that heteronormative was over the top, so I bet they mad about that?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7053 on: December 22, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/terry-gilliam-really-hates-black-panther.160673/

Fuck me

*reads quote*

he can't be white, right? He wouldnt be saying...

*googles Terry Gilliam*

Alright then.
I have no idea who this old lump of shit director is, but he can stay mad.

Someone take a blow torch DDOS to ResetEra and put them out of their misery.

Jesus fucking christ.

I'll be honest, I never heard of this guy either...had to google and yeah I did like Monty Python and the Holy Grail... but I can understand why most of RE wouldn't know who he is...
^_^

Tripon

« Reply #7054 on: December 22, 2019, 01:40:11 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #7055 on: December 22, 2019, 02:31:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/prince-of-persia-sands-of-time-ost-was-amazing-and-still-is-from-16-years-ago.160699/

Who made the music for the game, and why are they not famous by now?

What is Google? The Tea Party was huge everywhere outside of the USA in the 90's and early 200's.

Also, the composer did the darkest dungeon ost.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7056 on: December 22, 2019, 03:25:45 AM »
I'll be honest, I never heard of this guy either...had to google and yeah I did like Monty Python and the Holy Grail... but I can understand why most of RE wouldn't know who he is...

What the fuck.

Never seen Brazil? 12 Monkeys? Fear and loathing in LV?

NekoFever

« Reply #7057 on: December 22, 2019, 03:59:53 AM »
Promoting voting for Nazis:

I’m frankly amazed that there hasn’t been a thread about this:

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7058 on: December 22, 2019, 04:09:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-review-thread-the-sheev-saga-comes-to-a-close-no-spoilers-rottenwatch-58-8-away-from-order-66-see-staff-post.160025/page-127#post-27621580

Quote from: zoltek, post: 27621580, member: 3917
Repost from the OT thread to at least bring a little bit of positivity to world. Lord knows I am prone to fall into overt negativity lately.

-------------

Saw the movie this morning.

As far as analyzing a film within the backdrop of all others films created since the invention of the motion picture, all the critiques are correct. The plot, full of holes. The pacing, incredibly too schizophrenic. Carrie Fisher, much too forced. The fan-service, in your face.

But for someone who has grown up with Star Wars since the beginning, this is not just "a film". For someone who has consumed virtually every piece of EU material since Splinter in the Mind's Eye, this is not just "a film". For someone whose very way of life -- the hobbies they chose, their approach to popular media, the lens through which they view the world, their notion of good versus evil -- has been influenced by Star Wars to a greater degree than any other artistic creation, this is not just "a film".

The Rise of Skywalker is an incredibly flawed movie, perhaps even objectively mediocre, but having waited 40 wonderful years for the story to end, I find myself asking for nothing more at its conclusion. I have an indelible smile on my face. I am a Star Wars fanboy now and for ever more. I am content.

Thank you Mr. Lucas.

:kobeyuck
Margs

nudemacusers

« Reply #7059 on: December 22, 2019, 04:19:48 AM »
:hhh literally get a life
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

BisMarckie

« Reply #7060 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:13 AM »
:hhh literally get a life

FACT CHECK: They have a life. Thanks to Star Wars  :lucas

FStop7

« Reply #7061 on: December 22, 2019, 04:49:48 AM »

Friend, have you heard the Good Word about Death Stranding? Let me tell you about it for the next several hours.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7062 on: December 22, 2019, 05:18:54 AM »
Games disrespecting my time is my kink

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7063 on: December 22, 2019, 06:36:40 AM »
Did you know that when Disney called George to fix Star Wars after TLJ he laughed maniacally on the phone and that gave them the idea for The Rise of Skywalker?
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7064 on: December 22, 2019, 07:33:44 AM »
Yea, that's the issue, this movie really has nothing to say, which is a HUGE shock to the system after TFA and TLJ. Like, those films had such clear and powerful messages.

:confused :dunno

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7065 on: December 22, 2019, 07:54:00 AM »
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing other users over a series of posts
Quote from: sweenyshit
idk what your consistent trend is of picking on and harassing literally everyone who has more fun than you, but I truly am sorry that your fav series that panders to racists (and truly just any straight white who complains enough, but in the aftermath of the Tran abuse, hard to ignore the racism is tops there) wound up being the dullest film of the month on a month a new Clint Eastwood-directed film released. Meanwhile, I will see Cats a third time before Xmas day regardless of what you and the other Fun Police (*pictured at the end of the post) here desire. Continue to be mad if you wish because there's certainly no limit to that; leave my quotes, tags and notifications out of it going forward 🍵
lol

:confused

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7066 on: December 22, 2019, 08:00:21 AM »
era mods, why the fuck are you banning someone for laughing at this opinion?

The one positive I have to provide here is my closest theater wasn't even half full for ROS

Which, considering it was early-evening on a weekend and technically the second full day a brand new Star Wars film was available for the public here to see, seems noteworthy. Even with all the many valid criticisms to have about this one, I didn't think it'd be enough to not result in sellouts here for at least the first weekend, but we didn't even have one for a showing so far and it's been very easy to get tickets for if you want to see it

Anyway. Actual film. First, my full final rankings

TLJ
[extremely wide gulf]
Original trilogy
[wide gulf]
Last hour of Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith

Hey, if everyone else gets to pick and choose what to recognize and respect, so can viewers. This is my full and final list
[close]

I don't think I have anything surprising or new or personal to add (besides I binged the whole series this week and sincerely believe this was worse than at least ROTS if not the rest of the prequels, in numerous ways including that I actually gave even Phantom Menace at least one rewatch and don't for a moment believe this is getting a second chance from me), and frankly as much as I know I could easily rant for a thousand words about anything and everything that made me roll my eyes, frown, sigh, or consider just leaving early to beat 5PM traffic:

it's not worth the effort

If they didn't put in a single ounce of effort Or heart in the 2.5 hours they had to end this saga (if they're even brave enough to really have it be the last time you ever see or hear of the crew, be it old [Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Anakin, Vader] or new [Rey, Poe, Finn, Kylo, porgs, basically everyone but Rose because they just don't give a shit about her])...why should I put more into calling it out? They're just cowards. And this was cowardice top to bottom in damn near every decision put to screen

But hey: I saw Cats last night and I'm seeing it two more times before Xmas, and I'm proud of it. That "cinematic monstrosity" I believe at least one person here posted a tweet critique of? Had more heart, more excitement, more risk and more pulse in the average 10 minute sequence than this shit would have ever let itself come near

even by popgafs usual obnoxious standards, this is some highly debatable stance that someone finding this laughable is not fucking 'trolling'

PogiJones

« Reply #7067 on: December 22, 2019, 08:17:48 AM »

It was a summit in more than just name.  :jeb

Here's your answer, Cerium. Temporarily permanently ban KetKat every couple months, and before long RE will be back on its feet.

Tripon

« Reply #7068 on: December 22, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7069 on: December 22, 2019, 10:23:00 AM »
The show is pretty bad, and it seemed to be getting worse every episode. I say "seemed" because although i'm normally a completionist as well as a masochist, the show is too much and I decided to stop.

Tripon

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7071 on: December 22, 2019, 11:10:55 AM »
era mods, why the fuck are you banning someone for laughing at this opinion?

The one positive I have to provide here is my closest theater wasn't even half full for ROS

Which, considering it was early-evening on a weekend and technically the second full day a brand new Star Wars film was available for the public here to see, seems noteworthy. Even with all the many valid criticisms to have about this one, I didn't think it'd be enough to not result in sellouts here for at least the first weekend, but we didn't even have one for a showing so far and it's been very easy to get tickets for if you want to see it

Anyway. Actual film. First, my full final rankings

TLJ
[extremely wide gulf]
Original trilogy
[wide gulf]
Last hour of Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith

Hey, if everyone else gets to pick and choose what to recognize and respect, so can viewers. This is my full and final list
[close]

I don't think I have anything surprising or new or personal to add (besides I binged the whole series this week and sincerely believe this was worse than at least ROTS if not the rest of the prequels, in numerous ways including that I actually gave even Phantom Menace at least one rewatch and don't for a moment believe this is getting a second chance from me), and frankly as much as I know I could easily rant for a thousand words about anything and everything that made me roll my eyes, frown, sigh, or consider just leaving early to beat 5PM traffic:

it's not worth the effort

If they didn't put in a single ounce of effort Or heart in the 2.5 hours they had to end this saga (if they're even brave enough to really have it be the last time you ever see or hear of the crew, be it old [Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Anakin, Vader] or new [Rey, Poe, Finn, Kylo, porgs, basically everyone but Rose because they just don't give a shit about her])...why should I put more into calling it out? They're just cowards. And this was cowardice top to bottom in damn near every decision put to screen

But hey: I saw Cats last night and I'm seeing it two more times before Xmas, and I'm proud of it. That "cinematic monstrosity" I believe at least one person here posted a tweet critique of? Had more heart, more excitement, more risk and more pulse in the average 10 minute sequence than this shit would have ever let itself come near

even by popgafs usual obnoxious standards, this is some highly debatable stance that someone finding this laughable is not fucking 'trolling'

Probably less hassle to ban someone than having someone  :reeeee in your dms constantly?
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7072 on: December 22, 2019, 11:24:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/henry-cavill-gaming-on-my-own-is-much-more-fun-than-going-out.160266/page-8#post-27628822

Quote from: Conal, post: 27628822, member: 8821
Based on his criticism of the #metoo movement, I'm not surprised

:rejoice
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7073 on: December 22, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »
If only a horse could kick this guy in the neck

thisismyusername

« Reply #7074 on: December 22, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »
>>Literally :no1curr material<<

:no1curr

https://www.resetera.com/threads/henry-cavill-gaming-on-my-own-is-much-more-fun-than-going-out.160266/page-8#post-27628822

Now this is a SPICY take.

Tasty

« Reply #7075 on: December 22, 2019, 12:10:18 PM »
>>Literally :no1curr material<<

:no1curr

Now this is a SPICY take.

"Let the past die... FUCK it, if you have to :phil"

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7076 on: December 22, 2019, 12:23:51 PM »

What the fuck.

Never seen Brazil? 12 Monkeys? Fear and loathing in LV?

I saw 12 Monkeys about 15 years ago and really liked it... haven't seen the others. Truthfully, I don't really follow movie directors and don't know too many outside like Cameron, Scorcese, Lucas...
^_^

Boredfrom

« Reply #7077 on: December 22, 2019, 12:24:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-12•20-22•19-the-final-opening-in-the-story-of-skywalker-175m-ow.160772/

Why the fuck they still need to stan for Rian Johnson? Because he got called names on Twitter? Why claim that Rose is totally a great character?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7078 on: December 22, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »
Are you suggesting the reset era has bred a hive mind of brainless reactionaries?  :mynicca :mynicca :mynicca
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7079 on: December 22, 2019, 12:40:16 PM »
You should honestly know better by know that jokes of any kind aren't allowed here.
Any thread with the mildest amount of fun gets shut down for being inconsequential or some shit. I can't breeeeeaathe
Yet my thread about politics in games was never locked.

Be funnier?

yeah, be funnier, like mr laugh riot crossing eden and his high-larious church sermon school assembly letter to the editor fun thread for fun people ( contains 2 ACCOUNT DELETED, USER REQUESTED BANs on front page) is