Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898213 times)

Hermit

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7380 on: December 26, 2019, 09:36:48 AM »
They gave me a random issue of a hunting magazine for christmas, I don't hunt or am into guns or anything. Her husband is into guns, not me.

LOL your family hates you dude

My sister gave me a wine bottle opener for christmas -- I don't drink, I'm a recovering alcoholic. My sister drinks wine, I don't touch any liquor at all and haven't for years and years now.

holy shit  :clap

She got me a $10 beanie for the Houston Texans. I don't watch NFL football, and I hate the Texans. SHE is a Texans fan, not me.

:neogaf

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #7381 on: December 26, 2019, 09:40:42 AM »
Now, to compound this, I actually had asked her for something this year. In the last 6 months, I lost 80 lbs on a keto diet, something I'm super proud of. I would text her my progress when I'd lose weight, she knows it was a huge deal to me. A big part of how I did it was by completely cutting out sugar from my diet. I have had an enormous sweet tooth ever since I was little. So, for christmas, all I asked her for was to get me some candy, any candy. I told her christmas day would be the lone cheat day for me, the day I'd forget about keto just for a day and eat all the candy I wanted. Didn't have to be expensive candy, just any candy. I would bring it up pretty much every time we'd talk, which is pretty frequently, how I was excited for candy on christmas day. She didn't get me any candy. She actually made fun of my old weight and how I was "begging for candy" when I walked in, in front of the whole family (extended and all) which was at my mom's house for christmas. I'm sensitive about my weight, so right from the moment I walked in, I felt awkward.

Damn she hates him.

Hermit

« Reply #7382 on: December 26, 2019, 09:42:33 AM »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #7383 on: December 26, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »
He has a self admitted anger problems and goes to counseling for it so his sister is probably afraid of him.
Oi Oi

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7384 on: December 26, 2019, 09:45:14 AM »
To white Americans: For us Latinos(Or minorities for that matter), it is cringeworthy when you try so hard to police what other white Americans should or shouldn’t do. Are you trying to win minority brownie points?

Stop it.

ResetEra fucking annhilated.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7385 on: December 26, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »
who the fuck expects a certain tier of gifts of any kind

if you have a nice exchange then good job everybody

if you give better than you get then you get to enjoy a sense of smug superiority as you embarrass them in front of everyone else
Uncle

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7386 on: December 26, 2019, 10:10:42 AM »
If you're expecting a big gift from a sibling that has kids, you're being a selfish moron.  Christmas/holidays is all about the kids.  Also who would make a fucking collage of a dog that died 5 years ago, pictures from grade school, etc and think of them as a "thoughtful" gifts?  Again, if the sister has kids, their house is already cluttered with a bunch of junk, they don't need any more from the creepy shut in brother who apparently can't buy his own candy.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7387 on: December 26, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7388 on: December 26, 2019, 10:13:17 AM »
Trump's cameo in home alone 2 was cut :dead

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

nudemacusers

« Reply #7390 on: December 26, 2019, 10:25:06 AM »
Pedo grooming thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-it-like-being-a-younger-gamer-on-a-forum-full-of-older-ones.161384/

I dunno, I see all these threads about how to deal with girls, masturbating and roommates and I feel like I’m an old guy on a forum for kids.
These days that's people in their early 30s.
Ouchies :neogaf
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7391 on: December 26, 2019, 10:36:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/cinemassacre/status/1210220306205462529

Cue bitching that he doesn't review female Ghostbusters

Boredfrom

« Reply #7392 on: December 26, 2019, 11:13:19 AM »
Redlettermedia wanted to review Marriage Story or the Mandalorian rather than Star Wars IX

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #7393 on: December 26, 2019, 11:57:32 AM »
That dog gift.

Holy shit.

That wine opener counter is amazing though.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7394 on: December 26, 2019, 12:16:40 PM »
This thread is going to be a winner.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-next-mass-effect-feels-like-it-needs-to-actually-grapple-with-racism-instead-of-only-space-racism.161357/

Also, early thesis from our favorite white baby murder mod

Slavery in the United States only ended 154 years ago. That's two 77 year olds living and dying back to back.

And since then, what has happened is that we failed on Reconstruction, enshrined racist traitors into our national mythos as heroes, created a hooded terrorist organization from a stupid movie, burned down cities and ran people out of governmental positions they were rightly elected to, installed Jim Crow, fought to prevent these people from engaging in their God-given civic rights, began ratcheting up policing and jail sentences, gutted the Civil Rights act, elected a white supremacist right after we elected the first black president, had Nazis march in the South (again) and kill a person, have seen an increase in hate crimes and overt racism, with a non-zero likelihood that this same government will be elected again next year.

Even on this left-leaning site getting white gamers to not balk at the mere existence of a black character in a video game is like wringing blood from a stone.

And this is just an extremely truncated version of the history of white supremacy. I could go on and on about sundown towns and redlining and medical malpractice and bombings and loans. This history also refers to just one country out of the many others that were besieged by colonialism, a destructive movement that was in existence for a few centuries, longer than my people have "enjoyed" their rights as American citizens.

This idea that 100 years is enough for racism to just not exist anymore is insulting as all hell when white people have already had 154 years to actually prove something to non-whites and yet they still get it wrong with routinely deadly consequences. And on top of that they get mad when you tell them they keep getting it wrong. This attitude is baffling.

Newsfeed.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #7395 on: December 26, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
Slavery in the United States only ended 154 years ago. That's two 77 year olds living and dying back to back.

And since then (...) have seen an increase in hate crimes and overt racism

:brain, even for Nepenthe

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7396 on: December 26, 2019, 01:00:07 PM »
  I could go on and on about sundown towns and redlining and medical malpractice and bombings and loans.

Someone just did the math on their car loan.

:betty

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7397 on: December 26, 2019, 01:01:11 PM »
writing a list of only negative events over the course of 150 years because to include positives would be a form of both-sidesism

treating these events as all roughly equivalent in badness since to imply any progress on this front would be a form of both-sidesism

positioning the standpoint you're refuting as "ALL bad things have been eradicated" because you have so little confidence in the persuasiveness of your own ideas that you need to set up a nice little straw man to knock down
Uncle

Clockwork5

« Reply #7398 on: December 26, 2019, 01:03:25 PM »
This thread is going to be a winner.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-next-mass-effect-feels-like-it-needs-to-actually-grapple-with-racism-instead-of-only-space-racism.161357/

Also, early thesis from our favorite white baby murder mod

And since then, what has happened is that we failed on Reconstruction, enshrined racist traitors into our national mythos as heroes, created a hooded terrorist organization from a stupid movie, burned down cities and ran people out of governmental positions they were rightly elected to, installed Jim Crow, fought to prevent these people from engaging in their God-given civic rights, began ratcheting up policing and jail sentences, gutted the Civil Rights act, elected a white supremacist right after we elected the first black president, had Nazis march in the South (again) and kill a person, have seen an increase in hate crimes and overt racism, with a non-zero likelihood that this same government will be elected again next year.

Even on this left-leaning site getting white gamers to not balk at the mere existence of a black character in a video game is like wringing blood from a stone.

And this is just an extremely truncated version of the history of white supremacy. I could go on and on about sundown towns and redlining and medical malpractice and bombings and loans. This history also refers to just one country out of the many others that were besieged by colonialism, a destructive movement that was in existence for a few centuries, longer than my people have "enjoyed" their rights as American citizens.

This idea that 100 years is enough for racism to just not exist anymore is insulting as all hell when white people have already had 154 years to actually prove something to non-whites and yet they still get it wrong with routinely deadly consequences. And on top of that they get mad when you tell them they keep getting it wrong. This attitude is baffling.

Newsfeed.
She is speaking from experience with getting ripped off on loans.

10centtacos

« Reply #7399 on: December 26, 2019, 01:12:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-people-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-own-sombreros.161325/

Do you also say "Fucking white people" in the presence of PoC?

:dobbs

tbh he seems pretty insufferable so I'm not surprised

https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/#post-27712583

:heh

Sonic avatar
20,000 posts in two years
"indie dev"
novella about thoughtless Christmas gifts

Yeah, totally not insane

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7400 on: December 26, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-people-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-own-sombreros.161325/post-27706587

Yes, how confusing that someone may have a political stance against illegal immigration and also appreciate the culture of Mexico. It's a fucking mystery how these people function.

Tasty

« Reply #7401 on: December 26, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »
Nepenthe leans back, crossing his arms behind his head.

"Hah, got 'em. :smug"

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7402 on: December 26, 2019, 01:39:59 PM »
writing a list of only negative events over the course of 150 years because to include positives would be a form of both-sidesism

treating these events as all roughly equivalent in badness since to imply any progress on this front would be a form of both-sidesism

positioning the standpoint you're refuting as "ALL bad things have been eradicated" because you have so little confidence in the persuasiveness of your own ideas that you need to set up a nice little straw man to knock down

I’d love to see her list on what things were like BEFORE slavery ended. I’m sure the standards on bail and loans were way better then.

Ignoring and talking down progress just causes people to make less effort and become more convinced that nothing can be done to help. But she convinces herself that any recognition of progress means people want to ignore the problem whatsoever.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7403 on: December 26, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »
I'm just glad as a non land owning guy that I'm able to vote, as my ancestors were poor and disenfranchised and not allowed to by law.

10centtacos

« Reply #7404 on: December 26, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »
I wish EA didn't gut Bioware Montreal and fire Manveer Heir. That guy was an absolute treasure on Twitter.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #7405 on: December 26, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sex-hygiene-and-other-concerns.161344/

Does anyone else feel they can’t have sex (or do certain sexual acts) due to germaphobia, or something related? I’m a total germaphobe (OCD), which can make sex difficult for me as sex sometimes grosses me out.

For example, I just had a threesome with two guys. One guy and I were topping the third, and then the bottom went down on us and then began making out with us. It totally grossed me out but because I didn’t want to be a buzzkill I just went along with it.

Now I’m going home, freaking out that I’m going to get some stomach flu or something, and I have chronic tummy issues and afraid it will make those issues worse... Anyway...

Anyone else has had that problem?

Were you using condoms?
Nope. Prep and tested (cleared).

:oreilly
Oi Oi

10centtacos

« Reply #7406 on: December 26, 2019, 02:15:19 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sex-hygiene-and-other-concerns.161344/

Does anyone else feel they can’t have sex (or do certain sexual acts) due to germaphobia, or something related? I’m a total germaphobe (OCD), which can make sex difficult for me as sex sometimes grosses me out.

For example, I just had a threesome with two guys. One guy and I were topping the third, and then the bottom went down on us and then began making out with us. It totally grossed me out but because I didn’t want to be a buzzkill I just went along with it.

Now I’m going home, freaking out that I’m going to get some stomach flu or something, and I have chronic tummy issues and afraid it will make those issues worse... Anyway...

Anyone else has had that problem?

Were you using condoms?
Nope. Prep and tested (cleared).

:oreilly

Weekend? It's Thursday.

Ah, crap, that’s right! I have work tomorrow!

And I just remember I fingered the guy and I didn’t disinfect my fingers with alcohol!

:whatsthedeal

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7407 on: December 26, 2019, 02:32:55 PM »
That's two 77 year olds living and dying back to back.

new unit of measurement

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7408 on: December 26, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
Three score and 17 years ago, times two

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7409 on: December 26, 2019, 03:07:55 PM »

QUICK MATHS
 :nothot

El Babua

« Reply #7410 on: December 26, 2019, 03:15:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure she got that from that old Louis CK interview  :doge

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7411 on: December 26, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »
I can’t wait for rees brightest minds to discover the OJ case and come to the conclusion that he’s a civic hero

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7412 on: December 26, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-people-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-own-sombreros.161325/post-27706587

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes, how confusing that someone may have a political stance against illegal immigration and also appreciate the culture of Mexico. It's a fucking mystery how these people function.

Its not exactly inconceivable that people who went through a lengthy, invasive and costly process to legally acquire citizenship via the legal channels aren't automatically super cool with people who don't bother with that

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7413 on: December 26, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »
Also more evidence that TLJ "criticism" was mainly driven by conservative people trying to radicalize "normies" by using incredibly bad faith argumentation

more like it's more evidence that you're a fucking dipshit

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7414 on: December 26, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »
Life expectancy of African Americans was ≃35 in the late 1800's so it's closer to 4 generations ago, not two

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7415 on: December 26, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure she got that from that old Louis CK interview  :doge
Yeah, cant find it rn, but it was a louis bit on Conan i think.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7416 on: December 26, 2019, 03:43:21 PM »

And since then (...) have seen an increase in hate crimes and overt racism

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7417 on: December 26, 2019, 03:57:12 PM »
Looks like 39 to me. That careless fucker lost one.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7418 on: December 26, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #7419 on: December 26, 2019, 04:09:46 PM »

Or maybe sombreros are more associated with stereotypes rather than having a genuine big cultural significance.  :gurl

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7420 on: December 26, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »

Or maybe sombreros are more associated with stereotypes rather than having a genuine big cultural significance.  :gurl

My cousin knows someone that's eaten at Taco Bell and voted Trump, stay safe brehs.
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7421 on: December 26, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »
Now, to compound this, I actually had asked her for something this year. In the last 6 months, I lost 80 lbs on a keto diet, something I'm super proud of. I would text her my progress when I'd lose weight, she knows it was a huge deal to me. A big part of how I did it was by completely cutting out sugar from my diet. I have had an enormous sweet tooth ever since I was little. So, for christmas, all I asked her for was to get me some candy, any candy. I told her christmas day would be the lone cheat day for me, the day I'd forget about keto just for a day and eat all the candy I wanted. Didn't have to be expensive candy, just any candy. I would bring it up pretty much every time we'd talk, which is pretty frequently, how I was excited for candy on christmas day. She didn't get me any candy. She actually made fun of my old weight and how I was "begging for candy" when I walked in, in front of the whole family (extended and all) which was at my mom's house for christmas. I'm sensitive about my weight, so right from the moment I walked in, I felt awkward.

Damn she hates him.

Quote from: Era
A wine opener for a recovering alcoholic is actually cruel.

Or amazingly on-brand for someone with anger issues. Maybe if he drinks again, he'll loosen up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7422 on: December 26, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »
I'm just glad as a non land owning guy that I'm able to vote, as my ancestors were poor and disenfranchised and not allowed to by law.
Yep, now you can decide which group of special interests will defraud, brainwash and enslave you  :)
🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #7423 on: December 26, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »
What's the worst that could happen if he did take a drink?

*He murder-suicides his family*

...I'm not seeing a problem there...

Tasty

« Reply #7424 on: December 26, 2019, 07:12:31 PM »

My absolute favorite Lex clip of all time

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7425 on: December 26, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »

Damn she hates him.

Quote from: Era
A wine opener for a recovering alcoholic is actually cruel.

Or amazingly on-brand for someone with anger issues. Maybe if he drinks again, he'll loosen up.

Maybe your sister just doesn't like dreamcast,  ever think of that jerk?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7426 on: December 26, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »

Damn, they need to tell the owner of the Mexican restaurant I like to go to on my birthday to stop making me put on a sombrero and giving me a shot of tequila...
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7427 on: December 26, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »
this dude made a thread to brag about how selfless and wonderful his gifts are as a single childless bum (who iirc wants to marry some dude friend for medical insurance?) while also bitching that that his sister gives her kids better gifts than she gives him on christmas?

yeah what a nice guy, who wouldn't be rushing to praise him? :lol has he had a meltdown on anyone in there for disagreeing with him?

e: he got pretty salty at riotous for telling him to chill :rofl
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/post-27717647
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/post-27717948
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:34:07 PM by nachobro »

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #7428 on: December 26, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-how-do-you-confront-your-own-loneliness.161458/

I don't. I let the clock tick and hope it won't tick for too long.I also now that legally a person has the right to refuse medical care so if I am ever confronted with choices I can refuse some medical cares.

:mindblown
Oi Oi

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7429 on: December 26, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »
this dude made a thread to brag about how selfless and wonderful his gifts are as a single childless bum (who iirc wants to marry some dude friend for medical insurance?) while also bitching that that his sister gives her kids better gifts than she gives him on christmas?

yeah what a nice guy, who wouldn't be rushing to praise him? :lol has he had a meltdown on anyone in there for disagreeing with him?

e: he got pretty salty at riotous for telling him to chill :rofl
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/post-27717647
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/post-27717948

I have to laugh at you telling me not to create narratives in my head.... then going out of your way to invent scenarios about my own sister, that you don't know, regarding whether or not she knows things about me, with absolutely no knowledge of how my family operates or what our shared interests are.

Riotous Annihalated by a dreamcast lover.  How embarrassing

thisismyusername

« Reply #7430 on: December 26, 2019, 08:53:34 PM »
Riot-ass should just post :no1curr to Cooljerk whenever he jerks himself off/spergs out about this. :doge :brain :brain

And yes, Cooljerk is the dude that wants to marry another dude while not getting a Cool... maybe... Jerk off... off...

Hermit

« Reply #7431 on: December 26, 2019, 09:01:37 PM »
Krejlooc is hands down my favorite poster on Era. What a fucking nut.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7432 on: December 26, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »
Guess what I saw when I opened YouTube today?

Putting this in spoilers because I don’t want to ruin any holidays.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7433 on: December 26, 2019, 09:36:26 PM »
People complain, but it seems like the algorithms are working perfectly.
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #7434 on: December 26, 2019, 09:56:20 PM »
When Pamperchu opens with “now normally you wouldn’t do this” I think he’s already earned my view.
serge

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #7435 on: December 26, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »
the way he just goes arm deep into that, without a second thought.  :heh

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7436 on: December 26, 2019, 11:56:10 PM »
Guess what I saw when I opened YouTube today?

Putting this in spoilers because I don’t want to ruin any holidays.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
That toilet looked clogged by the end, tbqh.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

TVC15

« Reply #7438 on: December 27, 2019, 01:26:50 AM »
Honestly I’d probably like hanging out with him more than most of you guys. He seems pretty cool.

serge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7439 on: December 27, 2019, 01:52:44 AM »
Honestly I’d probably like hanging out with him more than most of you guys. He seems pretty cool.

Alright, white people, you got some explaining to do.