Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898271 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7980 on: January 01, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »

like if u cry every time at dis scene of how lonleyines affects the elderly in the holidays

😢😢😢

nudemacusers

« Reply #7981 on: January 01, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »
At this point I feel like I’m putting my kids at risk for developmental issues later on in life if I let them watch more Star Wars content.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #7982 on: January 01, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »
Doesn't thigh high cover even more than knee high??
It's about the formfitting thigh squeeze and the resulting eyegaze gap above  :drool

transhumantous  ::)

I meant it's weird that it's "objectifying" to cover more body. It'd be like getting banned for saying "I prefer longer skirts".

Anyway, I know all about stockings and shit. I told my friend I thought stockings were sorta creepy and pointless, and he gave me a crash course on why I was "wrong".

(Image removed from quote.)
Stockings and short dresses with long sleeves :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #7983 on: January 01, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »
What’s weird to me is trying to assign depth and significance to a trilogy (and whole 9 film arc really) where the makers have gone on record as pretty much winging it as they’ve gone along  :brain :brain  :brain
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Coffee Dog

« Reply #7984 on: January 01, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »
Never again having any character flaws whatsoever, meeting, defeating, and having babies with a hot redhead, being the greatest, bestest, strongest, and wisest teacher and jedi ever, etc.

It really does explain a lot about how Crossing views this series that what is a very clear, child friendly metaphor for self improvement and becoming a more fully realized and aware version of yourself is flandarized into something that seems so impossible and unattainable.

It reminds me a lot of people that tear down Superman for being unrealistic, or ask why Batman doesn't execute his villains. Quit applying your IRL mediocrity to hero stories for kids just because you don't believe in heroes, or in the case of Luke Skywalker, that someone could make a lasting, permanent philosophical change in their life.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #7985 on: January 01, 2020, 01:04:59 PM »
locked by some other fucking mod I've never heard of, with a goddamn horrific avatar and with a lame as fuck lock reason
https://www.resetera.com/threads/twitch-is-no-longer-safe-is-this-what-its-turned-in-to-nsfw.162371/post-27854212
Better report her for tax evasion
based

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7986 on: January 01, 2020, 01:11:31 PM »
The reaction to Luke Skywalker's character in TLJ is actually a really good representation of how poorly we treat the subject of mental health, especially when it comes to "famous" people.

:brain

I mean, you kino-plebs might think radically changing an established character and giving them confusing motivations might be an indicator of poor writing, but its actually a damning indictment of societies treatment and attitudes towards mental health issues.

:doge

Quote from: CrossingEden
Imagine interpreting a person going through suicidal depression as just them not caring

:snoop

Holy shit, go fuck yourself Crossing Eden

Suicidal Depression

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7987 on: January 01, 2020, 01:17:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-bought-the-last-guardian-at-launch-but-i-am-too-scared-to-actually-play-it.162358/

Quote from: jack_package_200, post: 27851476, member: 5048
Some background info: Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time. It succeeded in everything it set out to do and I had experienced such an emotional confection with a game prior to it. The bosses and the world traversal combined together gave the game incredible pacing. Each boss encounter feels so lovingly crafted and satisfying to learn the in and outs.

I was a Gamecube kid in my youth and never played Shadow of the Colossus until playing on my Roommate's PS2 back in 2010 and falling passionately in love with the game. When the HD collection with Ico was released, I beat it again before touching Ico. Ico initially did not connect for me. I didn't immediately engage with it which led to me putting it down. I returned to the game a few months later and beat it. I like Ico a lot. It has incredible storytelling and presentation even if I found the gameplay frustrating at times. I then read up on what Team Ico's third project The Last Guardian which I knew I would have loved if it would come out of development hell. A few years later, the famous Sony 2015 E3 press conference opens on The Last Guardian and my heart swelled. It was happening. It was finally fucking happening.

December 2016 comes and I had the game preordered on Amazon. I had just graduated and earned my Bachelor's Degree. I was applying for jobs. Donald Trump had just been elected president. I had a metric fuckton of worries and anxiety over the future. Would I find a good job? Would I end up disappointing my family? Will I be happy? The game arrived in the mail and I opened the packaging and looked at the box and the disc before setting it aside and applying for more jobs. I figured I could play it tomorrow. Tomorrow turned into the next day. Next day turned into sometime next week. I also had serious trepidation over what if it did not live up to the insane expectations I had for the game.What if it disappointed me?

Here we are at the beginning of a new decade and I still haven't touched it. I have had my ups and downs since the game released.

Am I crazy? Is any of this normal?

Perhaps its time to put all of that to bed and give the game a fair shake and look towards the future.

ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7988 on: January 01, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7989 on: January 01, 2020, 01:27:21 PM »
:goldberg
https://www.resetera.com/threads/physical-nintendo-switch-games-watch-thread-avoid-missing-out-on-elusive-physical-games-variants.90653/page-20#post-27862051
Quote from: dan2026, post: 27719331, member: 3567
Quote from: TheMoon, post: 27719229, member: 2921
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

They been doing people wrong?
Quote from: CannonFodder52, post: 27720247, member: 2637
They frequently signaled their support for Gamergate.
:mike
ど助平

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7990 on: January 01, 2020, 01:29:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/twitch-is-no-longer-safe-is-this-what-its-turned-in-to-nsfw.162371/

vs

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/

:trumps

Bizzare.  That thread has everyone making fun of him for being prude and yet they remain unbanned.  I guess only the sane mods are sober at this hour.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/seeking-advice-regarding-escaping-from-sydney-and-possibly-even-australia-as-a-whole.162365/

But the idea of moving away out of my parents house feels near unattainable, much less moving so far away.
I have many issues with it, I feel I need 3 things to make the jump to move out in general:
1. Someone to move out with
2. At least a semi stable job
3. Savings

Yeah, a big move is quite a life-changing thing, so when there's so- wait.

I feel I need someone to move out with, for both emotional reasons and financial reasons. I don't believe I have someone I can move out with though, much less someone willing to move so far. I also do not have a partner/girlfriend, and I never have, and I don't believe that trying to seek one out solely to move is likely to end up well.

:lol :lol :lol

I want to get a GF just so I can take a vacation to Thailand without looking like an Era member.  But seeking out a GF so you can dump all your insecurities on her? :goty2

Oh, and the boinking
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #7991 on: January 01, 2020, 01:29:07 PM »
Holy shit:

December 2016 comes and I had the game preordered on Amazon. I had just graduated and earned my Bachelor's Degree. I was applying for jobs. Donald Trump had just been elected president. I had a metric fuckton of worries and anxiety over the future. Would I find a good job? Would I end up disappointing my family? Will I be happy? The game arrived in the mail and I opened the packaging and looked at the box and the disc before setting it aside and applying for more jobs. I figured I could play it tomorrow. Tomorrow turned into the next day. Next day turned into sometime next week. I also had serious trepidation over what if it did not live up to the insane expectations I had for the game.What if it disappointed me?

Who remembers when they received a fucking game three years ago?

Those are obvious sarcasm though.

Isn't era's trademark that you-shouldn't-even-joke-like-that?™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7992 on: January 01, 2020, 01:29:33 PM »
I thought their only "crime" was advertising that dead or alive volleyball game as 2 HOT 4 THE US, when it was announced they weren't releasing it in the west, but then again I try not to keep up with weeb shit :pimp
(ice)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7993 on: January 01, 2020, 01:33:19 PM »
Those are obvious sarcasm though.

Huh, Yeah. After re-reading it, You're right.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7995 on: January 01, 2020, 02:18:43 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
Yeah, but that's because they're physically outclassed. But at least they're trying to make an effort. Some of y'all don't give a damn at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-quiet-place-part-ii-official-trailer.162417/post-27863179

Nepenthe on aliens killing humans.

"Physically outclassed." 

Why is everything class/ evolutionary development with her?

If she were not a mod or protected status her bizarre class & race divisions would call for a perm.  But it's somehow promoted when any other black, gay, trans person would get shitcanned.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:22:48 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7996 on: January 01, 2020, 02:32:54 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Modwhining and Misrepresenting Prior Ban https://www.resetera.com/posts/26598923; Numerous Prior Bans for Inflammatory Behavior
The situation here is that people are interpreting something the way they want and getting angry at others for denying it. It's the same fan ownership we get with shippers.

But regardless, I'm done with this thread and will add it to the ignore list. The mods banned me for a month in the acephobic thread right before I was going to expand upon my experiences of never dating and being humiliated over it. I'm still extremely bitter over that and the tendency of forum users and mods for incorrectly interpreting and shutting things down without question. God knows how much this makes them salivate.

uh-huh. "misrepresenting" mod actions. uh-huh.
Is this the first time a mod is so butthurt about being called out as an overly-officious little hitler that they linked to a previous ban in the current ban?
(because calling out someone claiming to be irish and claiming that makes them not white because reasons is also pretty uhhhhhhh for a ban. He obviously confused the length of that other ban they got.)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7997 on: January 01, 2020, 02:59:06 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

like if u cry every time at dis scene of how lonleyines affects the elderly in the holidays

😢😢😢
I'm crying at those pathetic pieces of shit and their shit choreography and special effects.

Fuck Yeah!
What the fuck is this animu bullshit?
Spud

paprikastaude

« Reply #7998 on: January 01, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/physical-nintendo-switch-games-watch-thread-avoid-missing-out-on-elusive-physical-games-variants.90653/page-20#post-27862051
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

I bet no people with bad opinions work at Amazon  :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7999 on: January 01, 2020, 03:21:32 PM »
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

I bet no people with bad opinions work at Amazon  :doge

No time for bad opinions when you fight the need to pee.
 :rollsafe
ὕβρις

« Reply #8000 on: January 01, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

I mean, this is actually true. Whether or not you should care about the politics of an import game shop is up to you, but saying the store unabashedly took the side of GamerGate is not controversial. They were very up front and unapologetic about courting that audience. This isn’t a “cancel RedLetterMedia” situation.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #8001 on: January 01, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #8002 on: January 01, 2020, 04:02:32 PM »
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

I mean, this is actually true. Whether or not you should care about the politics of an import game shop is up to you, but saying the store unabashedly took the side of GamerGate is not controversial. They were very up front and unapologetic about courting that audience. This isn’t a “cancel RedLetterMedia” situation.

But then again, who the fuck cares about Gamergate at this point?

shosta

« Reply #8003 on: January 01, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 04:34:18 PM by pork »
每天生气

« Reply #8004 on: January 01, 2020, 04:07:26 PM »
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

Sure. That’s fair. I’m just noting that if you do or did this is a situation where as a brand/company they absolutely took a stance on this. This isn’t a situation where woke vultures are grasping at straws because John the Warehouse guy said something on Twitter once and the company didn’t issue a press release firing him and disavowing his opinion. They actually were pro-GamerGate.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8005 on: January 01, 2020, 04:07:47 PM »
I dunno how the fuck are you funding Gamergators by buying in a import store that seems more mercenary about its industry relations than anything else.

shosta

« Reply #8006 on: January 01, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »
Omfg, shut up
每天生气

« Reply #8007 on: January 01, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8008 on: January 01, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
FUCK OFFFFFFF
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #8009 on: January 01, 2020, 04:13:54 PM »
fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

Sure. That’s fair. I’m just noting that if you do or did this is a situation where as a brand/company they absolutely took a stance on this. This isn’t a situation where woke vultures are grasping at straws because John the Warehouse guy said something on Twitter once and the company didn’t issue a press release firing him and disavowing his opinion. They actually were pro-GamerGate.

They also took stance with some import games that many people were shitting on because politics (cuffDOAX3cuff) even if they were not the target audience of this games. They were not exactly like Milo or others scumbags grifters that made that movement even more insufferable and hard to take seriously even as a harassing threat. Doesn’t help, to me, that a lot of anti-Gamergates are also scumbags and grifters.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8010 on: January 01, 2020, 04:15:51 PM »
Y cnt b frndz?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8011 on: January 01, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
Sounds like playasia understands that the maladjusted weeaboo and pro-gamergate Venn diagrams have serious overlap.  It’s a smart business move. :science

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8012 on: January 01, 2020, 04:37:18 PM »
 :no1curr

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8013 on: January 01, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »

fuck play asia.
Why fuck play asia lol?

This is why I posted that quote.  :P  I don't even recall much "GG" shit going on with them- they poked fun at DOAX3 not coming out in the west because of "SJWs" and sparked some minor outrage, but it ultimately meant more sales for them, lol.  But whatever, who cares- it's 2020 now. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8015 on: January 01, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »

They also took stance with some import games that many people were shitting on because politics (cuffDOAX3cuff) even if they were not the target audience of this games. They were not exactly like Milo or others scumbags grifters that made that movement even more insufferable and hard to take seriously even as a harassing threat. Doesn’t help, to me, that a lot of anti-Gamergates are also scumbags and grifters.

This is an amazing argument.

The National Front sure does suck, but you know there are some people in other political parties that have committed drunk driving fatalities, so I dunno. I guess they aren't that bad.

Averon

« Reply #8016 on: January 01, 2020, 04:44:07 PM »
Are we going to suffer another decade of people still whining about GG? Shit's over 5 years old. People are going to have to move on at some point.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8017 on: January 01, 2020, 04:55:53 PM »
Are we going to suffer another decade of people still whining about GG? Shit's over 5 years old. People are going to have to move on at some point.

How can we ever forget such an important, historical event?!  :brain

Summary of Play-Asia's "GG" involvement.  Spoilered for the :no1curr crew.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3u8zb7/what_is_the_big_deal_about_playasia_gamergate_and/

Playasia tweeted this: https://twitter.com/playasia/status/669343456423100416

SJW's spearheaded by neogaf start hating them

Because of that GG's start loving them

As far as I can see, there doesn't seem to be a huge backlash, all drama seems to be confined to online warrior communities and their hashtags. Them arguing with one another isn't something new.

:doge
[close]
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #8018 on: January 01, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »
Who even cares, GG was an online arguement between like 4 people everyone else decided they wanted to have an opinion on

Boredfrom

« Reply #8019 on: January 01, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »

The National Front sure does suck, but you know there are some people in other political parties that have committed drunk driving fatalities, so I dunno. I guess they aren't that bad.

Who is saying that Gamergaters are not the worst? Also, why are you comparing a bunch of idiots on the internet with a political party? Why should take a side on a war of scumbags and grifters that is limited to the internet?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8020 on: January 01, 2020, 05:12:30 PM »

Who is saying that Gamergaters are not the worst? Also, why are you comparing a bunch of idiots on the internet with a political party?

ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #8021 on: January 01, 2020, 05:14:05 PM »

Who is saying that Gamergaters are not the worst? Also, why are you comparing a bunch of idiots on the internet with a political party?

???

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8022 on: January 01, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
Was only an analogy. Guess I didn't understand the point of the bolded part, as it come off as an odd both sides sort of sentence.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8023 on: January 01, 2020, 05:16:44 PM »
Was only an analogy. Guess I didn't understand the point of the bolded part, as it come off as an odd both sides sort of sentence.

:gurl :ufup

Vertigo

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8027 on: January 01, 2020, 05:51:49 PM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8028 on: January 01, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »
Tbf with those threads there’s almost always a missing detail from the op, I can’t fault the pile on  :smug

Like he turned up to their house looking like this

« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 05:56:59 PM by BlueLithium »
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8029 on: January 01, 2020, 06:11:40 PM »
That picture makes me nostalgic for Halo CE

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #8030 on: January 01, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »
serge

Drainage

« Reply #8031 on: January 01, 2020, 07:46:50 PM »
Your either for or against gamergate

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #8032 on: January 01, 2020, 07:50:29 PM »
As stated above, the biggest thing to avoid is to out speak members of the community when that community is being discussed. We see this in many threads where a group of people talks about their experiences with a topic and will meet resistance by others not part of that community.

Yep, when a topic on REE is about straight white males, you best shut the fuck up and listen if you're not a straight, white male.

Right?
Fish<

benita

« Reply #8033 on: January 01, 2020, 08:14:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/parents-who-only-worry-about-their-kids-when-you-play-with-them.162463/

In which breh gets upset about parents not being comfortable with their kids playing with dipshit cousin Reeeee.

Edit: oh shit im slow.

Maybe I'm dipshit cousin reeee after all....

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8034 on: January 01, 2020, 08:33:53 PM »
Tell the parents to FUCK OFFFFFFF.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8036 on: January 01, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/parents-who-only-worry-about-their-kids-when-you-play-with-them.162463/

Aka dogpile the thread
I did not know Joe Biden has a Reee account

This post would have gotten so many more likes if anyone else had posted it :heh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8037 on: January 01, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/on-being-an-ally-for-the-new-decade-racial-lgbt-ally.162496/
As we enter a new decade, I wanted to talk about Allies in relation to both racial and LGBT+ communities. In case one is unaware, an Ally is someone who supports a racial or LGBT+ group but is not a part of that community (i.e. someone who supports LGBT+/minority people but aren’t that LGBT+ identity/minority themselves. Honestly, I personally have issues with the word Ally as it implies that supporting racial/LGBT+ communities isn’t the default but since we live in a very racist/sexist/LGBT+-phobic world, I understand the need for it. The label of ally can be comforting as it lets us know that we are not alone and even if we are different, we can support one another.

However, at times, I feel like so-called allies have the potential to overstep in this regard. An ally goes from supporting a voice into overpowering it. And I feel like that can be dangerous. So I feel a need to discuss how to avoid these pitfalls as well as open discussion on the nature of Allies themselves.

As stated above, the biggest thing to avoid is to out speak members of the community when that community is being discussed. We see this in many threads where a group of people talks about their experiences with a topic and will meet resistance by others not part of that community. It is important to realize that as an ally, you do not have the same experiences as someone of another racial/LGBT+ group. For instance, I am Asian Asexual man. I do not have the experiences that women or Latino or trans folk have. That doesn’t mean I cannot empathize but it does mean that I cannot speak on the same level as members in that racial/LGBT+ group. As such, it is important to listen to members of that community and make sure their voices are heard and not drowned out.

Another thing to realize that just because you are an ally, that doesn’t mean you are part of that group. For instance, I am friends with many in the trans community. This does not make myself an authority figure of the community nor does it make me special for allying with trans folk. Sometimes I feel like people forget this.

These were the two bigs ones but this thread is mainly on Ally and making sure we go into the new decade ready to lend our voices to those facing horrible discrimination without risking accidentally silencing those voices instead.
I see this a lot here. People think they need to give their input on something simply because they are in the thread and it's a topic of interest. If you're not part of affected group, before posting,

pause
consider if your take really adds to the discussion
read the thread and check if someone actually in affected group already said something similar
if so, amplify their post instead
listen and think even when you disagree to what affected persons are saying before simply reacting to an OP

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<