Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 900418 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #8400 on: January 03, 2020, 11:28:19 PM »
Knowing Ree they'll get worked up and off themselves because they think they'll be drafted

We live in hope
Spud

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8401 on: January 03, 2020, 11:32:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/american-embassy-in-iraq-attacked.162206/page-4#post-27857601

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned

Rusty tried to be slick and use an alt and got got. He was banned only two days ago, so he got caught pretty quickly  :lol
Makes you wonder how many of them got alts ready to go.

Still says he's only doing a 3 month ban, but getting caught using alts should be an automatic downgrade to a perm ban.

I don't think they can afford to get rid of active users.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8402 on: January 03, 2020, 11:36:17 PM »
ResetEra has a really shitty sysadmin so I can tell they're running off (and overpaying) of Google's cloud service. If they had their stuff properly configured, I wouldn't be able to tell this. They're not even "really" protected by CloudFlare because of their misconfiguration. It's only because no one cares that they haven't been DDoS'd and had their cloud bill run up and/or the site gets turned off because of billing limits.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8403 on: January 03, 2020, 11:45:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vendettas-you-have-against-local-businesses.162761/post-27911273
Quote from: Nepenthe
There's a small halal restaurant across the street from my old capoeira gym. Me, Mestre and his family went there after class one day. One of the dudes behind the counter- we'll call him Tucker- was wildin'.

Strike 1: My company was speaking to each other in Portuguese. Tucker decided the best way to broach them was to speak condescendingly in low-level Spanish. He continued this until the teacher ordered in English.

Strike 2: It's my turn to order. Now, I've never been to a halal place. Don't know what to really order. I politely ask, "Excuse me, what's in the white sauce?" Because I hate mayonnaise by itself. Tucker had a fit with me and said "No, I'm not answering that. We're on this. Do you want chicken or beef?" Alright Tucker.

Strike 3: As we're eating, Mestre's wife begins lamenting the treatment we all got at the counter. Mestre decides to do say something and calls over the manager. My teacher asks for Tucker's name, and says "I think Tucker is having a bad day, because he's not been treating the customers right." Tucker sees this and decides- in all of Tucker's wisdom- to come over and start another fight, loudly asking "What's the problem?!"

I'm thinking to myself: "This dude must be a Viking because even the child has a few belts. All four of us about to move furniture."

Ultimately no one got killed. The manager took him in the back and had it out with him. We got an apology and comped food.

But you know Tucker has done that shit before. Why he was there to begin with is beyond me. Fuck Tucker.
Ultimately no one got killed.
Tucker most definitely spat in their food...at the very least.
Spud

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8404 on: January 03, 2020, 11:51:47 PM »
Sabrina is so fucking based for loling at Cerium. lol is right. Even the admins do it for free, even when that guy who gets all the money basically steps away entirely out of a sense of social self-preservation. It's all self-running now, relying on an army of unpaid JANNIES who are paid in delicious gamergate bans. Plus now B-Dubs gets to be the fall guy when the cheeseburgers and enbies go to war.

I hope B-Dubs is ready to get the ContraPoints treatment.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8405 on: January 04, 2020, 12:26:03 AM »
Giant Bomb should have ended about a year after Ryan died. They tried to see if they could make it work without him, and it was clear they couldn't. Now it's just a money thing.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8406 on: January 04, 2020, 12:34:24 AM »
I thought Jeff was the main guy

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8407 on: January 04, 2020, 12:36:25 AM »
Happy new year! It's hard to believe that it's been over two years since this site was first founded. It feels like an eternity and yet it feels like no time at all. We had to put a lot together in a hurry, and today the community is thriving on a cutting edge platform with exclusive features. It's been humbling to be a part of building that and accompanying you all on this journey. However, I've been feeling burned out for a while now. 2020 is set to be a big year, and you deserve a General Manager who can put their best foot forward.

:lol :lol :lol

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8408 on: January 04, 2020, 12:38:08 AM »
Jeff is a bit of comedian himself, but Ryan was a true force multiplier in the comedy-sense. After Ryan died Jeff was never as funny, never as willing to break out of his shell to make something as funny as like his child molester character. With the death of comedy, especially in the game/technology sphere Jeff doesn't even have the option to be funny anymore. Comedy is problematic. Comedy does not fit in with the culture at CBSi in 2020, or really any tech company.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8409 on: January 04, 2020, 12:59:26 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-discussion-stay-civil-dont-get-personal-keep-it-in-here.1506304/page-133
Quote from: Scopa, post: 256416724, member: 720570
They can keep chirping it like parrots, but GAF is very far from dead. Activity keeps rising. In fact, it’s getting a little too fast for my liking. All these new names and shit.
Quote from: Evilore, post: 256416850, member: 4
Today:

Quote from: felipepl, post: 256419007, member: 56544
Nothing against GAF or pro-Resetera, but comments about traffic trends for both sites seems overly exaggerated. If anything, they're more or less stable for at least 6 months, with Era performing slightly worse:

Quote from: Scopa, post: 256419187, member: 720570
I don’t need a graph to tell me activity is increasing everyday and new members are coming/old members are returning in numbers recently. Just need eyes and observational skills.
:neogaf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8410 on: January 04, 2020, 01:03:38 AM »
Quote from: felipepl, post: 256419295, member: 56544
Quote from: Scopa, post: 256419187, member: 720570
I don’t need a graph to tell me activity is increasing everyday and new members are coming/old members are returning in numbers recently. Just need eyes and observational skills.
Real data is obviously more reliable than your own personal and probably biased experience, but to each his own.
Quote from: EviLore, post: 256419307, member: 4
Only website owners have access to their respective sites’ real analytics data.
Quote from: felipepl, post: 256419337, member: 56544
Indeed, very true. Would you say that SimilarWeb's stats are reliable enough? They seem to be pretty well regarded from a reputation perspective.

*NO RESPONSE*
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8413 on: January 04, 2020, 02:12:21 AM »
Quote from: B-Dubs, post: 27921863, member: 143
Hello everyone! This is a huge honor and responsibility. To tell you the truth, I’m not entirely sure how to feel about all of this. That probably goes for a bunch of you as well. For years, since the site’s inception, Cerium has been a big part of the team and keeping the trains running on time.

:hmm :thinking :doge
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #8414 on: January 04, 2020, 02:22:40 AM »
That graph makes perfect sense for GAF.  Despite posting being “up” relative to a year ago they must be steadily losing “guests.”   So the forum can appear to be growing as traffic goes down.

Unban filler, lore!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:lore
[close]
Margs

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #8415 on: January 04, 2020, 02:27:06 AM »
If GAF was doing good, EviLore wouldn't post 50 times a day and constantly make threads designed specifically to get clicks.
Fish<

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8416 on: January 04, 2020, 02:27:13 AM »
 :pimp

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8417 on: January 04, 2020, 03:38:48 AM »
when you look up victim blaming in the dictionary and you see this image

also /r/GenderCynical is like /r/KotakuInAction but ran by cheeseburgers who hate TERFs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8418 on: January 04, 2020, 03:57:01 AM »
when you look up victim blaming in the dictionary and you see this image
(Image removed from quote.)

also /r/GenderCynical is like /r/KotakuInAction but ran by cheeseburgers who hate TERFs
There's also r/LGBDropTheT which is the reverse.
Spud

Raist

« Reply #8419 on: January 04, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »
Happy New Years my dudes, what did I miss?
The entire literal 9/11 star war

I'm gonna need a link, WTF?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-i-already-failed-my-news-years-resolution-and-now-im-really-depressed-about-it.162538/#post-27873520

Yesterday at 10:51 PM

My new years resolution was simple. I opened a new art account on twitter and was to post a full drawing every single day for the rest of the year. Now, it's one hour until the end of the first day of the year and I don't have a drawing done yet, and one hour is not nearly enough time to get a drawing finished. I don't really think it's at all OK to attempt to attempt the challenge after failing the very first day to deliver. Now I'm not in the mood to draw at all. Shit sucks.

Not even one day lmao.

Update :hyper

With a new thread, because why not.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-at-a-point-where-i-just-dont-know-what-to-do-with-my-life-and-i-dont-know-how-to-keep-it-going.162917/

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8420 on: January 04, 2020, 08:48:12 AM »
Thats a bit of an overreaction  :doge
(ice)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8421 on: January 04, 2020, 09:16:59 AM »
 :juche

Thank you, Cerium , for all your hard work in getting this site launched and getting it to where it is today (and also for putting up with me during the brief time I had the privilege to be part of the team). This place would not be here without you. Thank you for everything, and may 2020 bring you some peace and rest. 💖

Congratulations to B-Dubs for his new role. You're a good dude, and I know you'll kick ass at it. ✨

Cerium, I haven't spent as much time working closely with you as some of the other admins, but in all that time, I've seen how much you do for the site behind the scenes and how much effort you've put in to make the forum as great and welcoming as possible. Thank you so much for giving us all a home, and I hope that you get some well deserved rest.

Thanks for all you did Cerium, espeically for getting this site launched in the first place with both time and money! Sorry you're feeling burned out. Hopefully not too much of that is due to the site lol. I suspect you'll still help out in a bunch of ways we'll never know about until a decade later.

:juche

Good luck from me, B-Dubs. And thank you for your work so far. One of the mods/admins I can actually remember from the top of my head.

:mike
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8423 on: January 04, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:00:37 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8424 on: January 04, 2020, 09:42:38 AM »
User Banned (permanent): inflammatory metacommentary

As a lurker who came over after Neogaf, I find myself checking the site less and less.

- The trigger happy ban policy is absurd. I get the impression users are scared to have an opinion that doesn't fit the mods agenda. This leads to nothing more than echo chamber with no real discussion to be had. Imagine in your personal life if you shut down every conversation where you disagreed with someone.

- Awful topic threads. The same posters over and over posting personal topics that are of no interest to anyone but themselves, to get a sense of validation that I assume is absent in their own lives.

- Negativity and toxicity. The constant bickering is exhausting. It feels like everyone is playing morality top trumps, trying to out do each other and be faux outraged by any slightly divisive opinion.

- I hate Trump as much as anyone, but the constant daily threads about him and his party on here are depressing. It would be nice to have a break for a bit. I swear posters get off on posting about his latest bullshit. We get it. He's a total prick.

- Opinion threads posted as fact like a BuzzFeed clickbait headline.

- Threads with people threatening to take their own lives. This is a serious topic obviously, but it seems to be the same people over and over who never take onboard any of the genuinely thoughtful and caring feedback from other posters. I know this is a complicated topic, and these people deserve and need attention and help, but I wish just they would help themselves. I feel like stepping away from Era and its negativity would probably do them some good.

It's just all so tiresome. I think I'm done with the forum, checking it out of a daily reflex doesn't add anything positive to my life tbh.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8425 on: January 04, 2020, 09:45:42 AM »
Permanent?  For that?  :lol
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8426 on: January 04, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
That I agree with. The "ban happiness" of this forum is way overstated IMO. There have been very few false positives. Most bans are well deserved and obvious and caught fast, the ones that are controversial have a lot more visibility. Also a bunch of people who have questionable opinions but don't want to introspect about it tend to blame how you can't even voice your opinion about something, when in reality those opinions are probably not really nice.

I think there are definitely issues with the moderation team when it comes to PC/VR threads specifically, but when it comes to social topics I think they mostly do fine (excluding the trans week fiasco)

Very few false positives.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-just-me-or-have-postings-on-era-kind-of-slowed-down.162792/post-27920100
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8427 on: January 04, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
Someone actually did the "on this day of all days" in the contrapoint thread  :lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8428 on: January 04, 2020, 10:01:48 AM »
Permanent?  For that?  :lol

He saw that the emperor had no clothes and is too dangerous to keep around.
Oi Oi

paprikastaude

« Reply #8429 on: January 04, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-played-sekiro-with-an-easy-mode-mod-and-it-was-fun-as-hell.162915/

I love how gleeful and smug they always get by cheating this game. Hopefully they'll provide this mod to all the disabled people that were somehow prevented from playing this because of high enemy damage - because that was always their intention, right???  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8430 on: January 04, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »
Sekiro on rails  :brain
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8431 on: January 04, 2020, 10:46:03 AM »
I was really disappointed that Sekiro wasn't more racially diverse.

Can't even customize my character.

Let's hope Ghost of Tsushima makes better choices.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdprs-response-over-the-witcher-3s-lack-of-diversity-rings-more-hollow-after-the-netflix-series.162936/post-27937500

It's happening  :o

pgtl_10

« Reply #8432 on: January 04, 2020, 10:47:49 AM »
Can you really blame Cerium? He sees the writing on the walls in regards to ERA. The increasing toxicity. The constant whining from the different interest groups. The traffic slowing down. What's the point of dealing with all that drama when you can sucker some other smuck to do it for free and cash on the peanuts the site makes?

He learned pretty quick about how forums get hijacked and become insular.

BisMarckie

« Reply #8433 on: January 04, 2020, 11:00:46 AM »
If I had my way, I'd create a government program that gave major incentive toward interracial marriages/family units. A dating program included. I'd be first in line.

Then after a few generations, We'll have fixed A TON of problems.

:what

BIONIC

« Reply #8434 on: January 04, 2020, 11:02:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdprs-response-over-the-witcher-3s-lack-of-diversity-rings-more-hollow-after-the-netflix-series.162936/#post-27937068

Quote from: Spedfrom, post: 27937068, member: 11096
The Witcher 3 is a straight white male game's wet dream come true and I'm convinced that's a huge reason for it's success. Because that gameplay is fucking atrocious and the characters interactions are often ridiculous and immensely cringe worthy, especially when the long cast of perfectly beautiful women *hint hint* is involved.

:dead
Margs

nudemacusers

« Reply #8435 on: January 04, 2020, 11:03:48 AM »
Dudes ciri comments are even better lmao. Thinking he was dropped on his head as a baby.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

« Reply #8436 on: January 04, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »
NiOh is white-washing because the main character is a westerner.

Sekiro doesn't have enough diversity.

I'm gonna guess Ghost won't either, despite the fact that enemies are Mongols.

ShutUp

« Reply #8437 on: January 04, 2020, 11:24:10 AM »
A thread full of Americans telling the rest of the world what to do. Sounds about right.

'Muricasplaining

BisMarckie

« Reply #8438 on: January 04, 2020, 11:26:53 AM »
My plan was to make a comment saying "Sorry I only have a single picture of my current state of hair (or lack thereof), going full Captain Picard was a super recent development"

Becuase I have like only one usable picture of my current appearance. And I'd make it my main to prevent confusion.

I'm currently in the process of making up a Bumble account.
I have a picture of me crossdressing in a bloodied Alice (In wonderland) costume for Halloween, and they don't like that.

:dead

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:29:22 PM by BisMarckie »

« Reply #8439 on: January 04, 2020, 11:38:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vendettas-you-have-against-local-businesses.162761/post-27911273
Quote from: Nepenthe
There's a small halal restaurant across the street from my old capoeira gym. Me, Mestre and his family went there after class one day. One of the dudes behind the counter- we'll call him Tucker- was wildin'.

Strike 1: My company was speaking to each other in Portuguese. Tucker decided the best way to broach them was to speak condescendingly in low-level Spanish. He continued this until the teacher ordered in English.

Strike 2: It's my turn to order. Now, I've never been to a halal place. Don't know what to really order. I politely ask, "Excuse me, what's in the white sauce?" Because I hate mayonnaise by itself. Tucker had a fit with me and said "No, I'm not answering that. We're on this. Do you want chicken or beef?" Alright Tucker.

Strike 3: As we're eating, Mestre's wife begins lamenting the treatment we all got at the counter. Mestre decides to do say something and calls over the manager. My teacher asks for Tucker's name, and says "I think Tucker is having a bad day, because he's not been treating the customers right." Tucker sees this and decides- in all of Tucker's wisdom- to come over and start another fight, loudly asking "What's the problem?!"

I'm thinking to myself: "This dude must be a Viking because even the child has a few belts. All four of us about to move furniture."

Ultimately no one got killed. The manager took him in the back and had it out with him. We got an apology and comped food.

But you know Tucker has done that shit before. Why he was there to begin with is beyond me. Fuck Tucker.
Ultimately no one got killed.

lol, the thought of nepenthe and a family of 3 attacking a cashier with CAPOERIA and killing them is hilarious.  I bet it's what nepenthe thinks or as they warm up. " My dance/fake fighting will take down Tucker.  One day."

paprikastaude

« Reply #8440 on: January 04, 2020, 11:40:05 AM »
NiOh is white-washing because the main character is a westerner.

Sekiro doesn't have enough diversity.

I'm gonna guess Ghost won't either, despite the fact that enemies are Mongols.

stfu, where's my African Americans, middle-eastern ethnicities, Indians and obese white women in medieval Japan?  :gamer

BisMarckie

« Reply #8441 on: January 04, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »
Funny enough, when I switch the GPS to Japan, I get loads of matches. Guess Americans girls just don't like me? Lol

:uguu

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8442 on: January 04, 2020, 12:10:05 PM »

blame space

« Reply #8443 on: January 04, 2020, 12:56:38 PM »
you are a miserable person.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8444 on: January 04, 2020, 01:31:46 PM »
Actually I'm a very positive person. Not like Mr. Dana White over here who makes it his full time grift to be a miserable grievance monger.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8445 on: January 04, 2020, 01:48:08 PM »
I think he was referring to your comment on that guy's appearance and the words "mentally ill degenerate".

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8446 on: January 04, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »
User Banned (permanent): inflammatory metacommentary

As a lurker who came over after Neogaf, I find myself checking the site less and less.

- The trigger happy ban policy is absurd. I get the impression users are scared to have an opinion that doesn't fit the mods agenda. This leads to nothing more than echo chamber with no real discussion to be had. Imagine in your personal life if you shut down every conversation where you disagreed with someone.

- Awful topic threads. The same posters over and over posting personal topics that are of no interest to anyone but themselves, to get a sense of validation that I assume is absent in their own lives.

- Negativity and toxicity. The constant bickering is exhausting. It feels like everyone is playing morality top trumps, trying to out do each other and be faux outraged by any slightly divisive opinion.

- I hate Trump as much as anyone, but the constant daily threads about him and his party on here are depressing. It would be nice to have a break for a bit. I swear posters get off on posting about his latest bullshit. We get it. He's a total prick.

- Opinion threads posted as fact like a BuzzFeed clickbait headline.

- Threads with people threatening to take their own lives. This is a serious topic obviously, but it seems to be the same people over and over who never take onboard any of the genuinely thoughtful and caring feedback from other posters. I know this is a complicated topic, and these people deserve and need attention and help, but I wish just they would help themselves. I feel like stepping away from Era and its negativity would probably do them some good.

It's just all so tiresome. I think I'm done with the forum, checking it out of a daily reflex doesn't add anything positive to my life tbh.

I don’t have to imagine the bolded, I’m a resetera poster :smug

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8447 on: January 04, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »
Actually there's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out someone doing a bad job being a professional idpol grifter. He should paint his nails or something wacky to really up his game.

El Babua

« Reply #8448 on: January 04, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »
They probably got annoyed with him there lol

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8449 on: January 04, 2020, 02:59:39 PM »
I prefer combative environments. It's no fun when everyone just agrees with each other.

Raist

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8451 on: January 04, 2020, 03:09:33 PM »
I prefer combative environments. It's no fun when everyone just agrees with each other.

In that case, welcome friend!

Everyone please be as friendly to banbot as you possibly can

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8452 on: January 04, 2020, 03:15:15 PM »

What are you going to do? Post messages in an internet forum thread?

:dice

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8453 on: January 04, 2020, 03:15:49 PM »

go put some fires out and yell at your prime minister, trashy  ;)

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8455 on: January 04, 2020, 03:20:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-c2077-the-most-anticipated-title-with-the-most-banal-box-art-of-this-gen.162947/

it.never.fucking.ends.

We are going through a time of women (as well as racial, sexual and gender minorities) being harassed both online and offline. It requires grass roots effort to change because this shit is embedded in our culture and by extension system of governance. Remember these recent threads:
The Cost of Being A Woman Who Covers Video Games (Kotaku)
The Sexism Problem of Overwatch and Gaming; #SpeakUp

Boxart will cure sexism
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:41:05 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Boredfrom

« Reply #8456 on: January 04, 2020, 03:23:37 PM »
Why is it that this thread is the first time I've seen people try to argue that simply saying something harsh about but not at someone (particularly an influential person with a degree of privilege who has hurt them) is harassment?

I've seen countless posts on this forum alone saying things just as harsh about other celebrities, but nobody thought to say, for example, "wow stop saying "fuck Terry Gilliam," that post is harassment."

Is this a thing I just haven't noticed, or is it just Contra supporters clutching at this straw?

:brain

https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-canceling.162603/page-17#post-27943135

ResetBanBot

« Reply #8457 on: January 04, 2020, 03:25:45 PM »
The Steelbooks look pretty good

The Cyberpunk 2077 box could have a better design, but not because of the smoothbrain reasons ResetEra thinks.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8458 on: January 04, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »

go put some fires out and yell at your prime minister, trashy  ;)

https://i.imgur.com/Po3MyI9.jpg

I live in Townsville so I havn't even seen smoke let alone fire

Goddamn the news coverage is crazy though. If the 2022 election was held today, even the Greens would have a chance of winning

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8459 on: January 04, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
stop telling jokes and put some damned fires out, trashy!!  :maf