Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 900405 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #10200 on: January 17, 2020, 06:41:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-do-when-you-feel-like-your-childhood-dreams-are-ruined.165357/

He’s a troll right?

He's also hilariously aggro to everyone.

You get very emotional very easily, Hawkster. I can tell you that much.
Sorry for being a sensitive person and having empathy, I guess?

:comeon

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-do-when-you-feel-like-your-childhood-dreams-are-ruined.165357/post-28347326

You don't sound mentally healthy.

And you sound incredibly childish.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that caring about my dreams makes me childish

Thanks for making me feel worse

:reeeee

Like what the fuck do you want breh ?

and the guy calling him out on his bullshit takes tha ban, obviously.

"THIS THING I DON'T EVEN WANT TO TRY AND DO UNLESS IT MAKES ME MILLIONS IMMEDIATELY IS MY LIFE LONG DREAM THOUGH"

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10201 on: January 17, 2020, 06:58:54 PM »
The complaints (listed in the tweet thread) has comparison shots and it's... :hmm

(Image removed from quote.)

:iface

I mean, some of them aren't there. But others like how the shots are composed certainly is :hmm -worthy.

Not the first time M. Night has plagiarized, so I'm willing to give this writer the benefit of the doubt.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10202 on: January 17, 2020, 07:04:13 PM »
The complaints (listed in the tweet thread) has comparison shots and it's... :hmm

I mean, some of them aren't there. But others like how the shots are composed certainly is :hmm -worthy.

Not the first time M. Night has plagiarized, so I'm willing to give this writer the benefit of the doubt.

I admit I only skimmed it, but... most of it seems like a real fucking stretch, especially claims like "its really rare in films to see a shot of someone doing something from the perspective of being outside the window of a house looking in, then cutting to the perspective of being inside".
Like, all the thimgs claimed as being so novel that it could only be copying from her are all tropey as fuck horror film conventions, right down to the central premise of spooky doll that comes to life

Rman

« Reply #10203 on: January 17, 2020, 07:09:39 PM »
Literally never heard a software developer say they wanted to unionize lol
Same. More ERA insularity

Boredfrom

« Reply #10204 on: January 17, 2020, 07:25:46 PM »

I admit I only skimmed it, but... most of it seems like a real fucking stretch, especially claims like "its really rare in films to see a shot of someone doing something from the perspective of being outside the window of a house looking in, then cutting to the perspective of being inside".
Like, all the thimgs claimed as being so novel that it could only be copying from her are all tropey as fuck horror film conventions, right down to the central premise of spooky doll that comes to life

You realize that you are batting for M. Night.  :ufup

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10205 on: January 17, 2020, 07:29:33 PM »

Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10206 on: January 17, 2020, 07:35:53 PM »

It all makes sense now... The signs.  :ohhh
The ultimate Shyamalan twist.
ὕβρις

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10207 on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:46 PM »

Same. Maybe because I’ve only worked for legitimate software companies and not gaming companies.

Re: contracting. I know a couple people that only work contracts because they’re not really interested in a full-time job. They like chilling for a few months between gigs. No idea how prevalent this sort of behavior is, tho. Honestly, that sounds like the dream to me except I’m too filled with anxiety and paranoia to pull it off. I also tend to go crazy if I don’t work for three days in a row because the more free time I have, the more it’s impossible to ignore how pathetic I am.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:47:22 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10208 on: January 17, 2020, 07:52:15 PM »
It's not mutually exclusive that unionization is pretty foreign in certain industry cultures and its workers (especially contract ones, for obvious reasons) and that yet in abstract they could benefit from it.

The intent is laudable, it's not really what I find fault with ERA "advocacy".

:yeshrug
ὕβρις

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #10209 on: January 17, 2020, 08:01:24 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10210 on: January 17, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »

its more reading through the complaint and going "wait, what?" to many of the claims :trumps

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #10211 on: January 17, 2020, 08:14:38 PM »
I like how since it's "unskilled labor", the workers deserve to get paid like shit.

This is the worst leftist forum.

:lol
Fish<

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10212 on: January 17, 2020, 08:16:41 PM »

??? He's not the "antagonist" at all in the show. He's the brother of the grieving mother, and is trying to help her.

Since i'm probably the only one on the Bore who watched Servant (which i loved, probably my show of the year) i'll say that from reading the pdf, the premise sounds very close, even though reborn dolls to cope with trauma are a thing, i could see them watching the movie and starting from that premise.
Both movie and show operating in the same horror/thriller genre probably doesn't help (though again, a girl coming down a dark stairway is hardly a unique idea).

However in the complaint itself they lament many points in which the show veers fundamentally from the premise and themes of the movie, as a way to indicate how they appropriated and bastardized the material, but to me could just as easily mean, that they had no intention of telling the same story.
A larger element of the show seems to be a mythology (so far only hinted at) about some sort of religious group, behind the nanny, which would further separate them.

That said, i see some of the similarities as rather suspect, and the premise itself is quite specific especially within the same genre.

I'm not gonna comment on M.Night's character 'cause i don't know the guy, and internet gossip is distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed, but with so many on GAF convinced Bloodborne invented gothic architecture, i'll admit i always tend to take these plagiarism claims with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Suffice to say, if they did copy from the movie, they should pay through the nose for it, and make her rich.

TVC15

« Reply #10213 on: January 17, 2020, 08:22:31 PM »
It's not mutually exclusive that unionization is pretty foreign in certain industry cultures and its workers (especially contract ones, for obvious reasons) and that yet in abstract they could benefit from it.

The intent is laudable, it's not really what I find fault with ERA "advocacy".

:yeshrug

#TeamNoUnionsInTech

The first thing the bosses will take away are the swank kitchens and snack bars. I barely have to grocery shop now. I’m not really sure what benefit they could replace them with that would be worth it, honestly.
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #10214 on: January 17, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »
here is one major difference, however. When she wrote Emanuel, Gregorini pulled the story from her own grief over her inability to conceive a child, and from her relationship with Bach, who was frequently absent when Gregorini was growing up. The film is anchored in this sense of longing both to mother and to be mothered, and in the dynamic between two female characters who provide each other with a particular kind of affection that they’re craving. Servant, whose 10 episodes were all written by Basgallop, and whose six executive producers are all men, uses the same setup but largely ignores the emotional component of the relationship between Dorothy (played by Lauren Ambrose) and her nanny, Leanne (Nell Tiger Free). Dorothy is portrayed as an overambitious figure of fun immersed in her delusion; Leanne is a cipher whose true identity and motivations sustain the mystery of the series.

To Gregorini, the insensitivity with which the show treats its female characters adds insult to injury.

Does it make me a misogynist for thinking this is fucking stupid logic?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10215 on: January 17, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
It's the Weekend!

Boreans: Getting drunk shit posting

NeoReich: "RACE WARS"

ResetEra: "My life is terrible"

:trumps
🤴

railGUN

« Reply #10216 on: January 17, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nfl-super-bowl-wants-600-people-to-attend-9-rehearsals-and-move-scenery-during-half-time-for-minimum-wage-and-then-leave-the-venue.165391/

ITT nerds whine about unskilled labourers getting paid for their work, while completely lacking any self-awareness that they are posting on a web forum run by people are not paid a dime for the many, many hours of work required to stifle meaningful discussions.

Par for the course, naturally.
Fish<

Hermit

« Reply #10217 on: January 17, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »
It's the Weekend!

Boreans: Getting drunk shit posting

NeoReich: "RACE WARS"

ResetEra: "My life is terrible"

:trumps
Yeee Friday is for drunk posting bois

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I may be dating someone soon so friday night drunk posting will be gone rip
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10218 on: January 17, 2020, 08:56:11 PM »

You're missing the point: A lot of the shots seem to copy her work. Now, while yes the comparison shots and tropes/etc. are things that are impossible to not copy, the same premise, the same shots (nearly, with a few changes), and general same-story is something to :hmm about.

It goes into territory of "how can you copy-write an idea/there is nothing new under the sun."

But you could compare this incident to something like: Bethesada Online Studios literally ripping off 1:1 (nearly) a Dungeons and Dragon's adventure writer's campaign/module to CTRL/CMD+F "find and replace" all mentions of certain words for Elder Scroll's-centric terms and thinking nobody would notice.

Thing is, their "Can we copy your homework, WotC?" "Sure, just change it up a bit so it doesn't look obvious you copied." "Ok." -meme-izm broke because the original author's (and those modules players) saw the copy-writing-replacement and went "WTF, Beth?" to where Beth actually admitted they fucked up and removed the campaign (I'm not even sure if it's possible to find on the internet anymore since I think Beth paid search engines to scrub it, that's how badly they fucked up)

The idea/intention of the piece if what this allegation comes down to. You could say M. Night just had a similar idea to the "Running Out Of Time" book (a person that believes they're in a different time from the actual time finds out and has to go into the world, CULTURE SHOCK and other things) with a few changes, and sure: That happens a lot of the time and fan-fiction writers and actual writers tweak these things/tropes and play around with them to make new stories/things.

But when you copy 80% of the same story beats/tropes/camera-shots/writing-lines/whatever details you want to do here, it certainly "activates the almonds" in regards to "ok, this is creepily close to what I've written, did they see my shit, ape-it wholesale and think nobody would notice?" So she certainly has a case, especially if she can prove the executive producer saw her work since she worked with him in the past (and would have had to have sent a portfolio including her script/movie of this similar "idea"/story) and copied it/told M. Night about the idea and M. Night worked on it unknowingly or knowingly.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:00:12 PM by thisismyusername »

railGUN

« Reply #10219 on: January 17, 2020, 08:56:13 PM »
User Banned (1 week): Inflammatory Trolling

Ha, just noticed Ariana Grande fans are salty af on Twitter over the Manchester Bombing line.

:lol :lol :lol

How the fuck is that a bannable offence?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eminem-new-album-%E2%80%9Cmusic-to-be-murdered-by%E2%80%9D-out-now.165250/post-28348214
Fish<

TVC15

« Reply #10220 on: January 17, 2020, 09:30:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nfl-super-bowl-wants-600-people-to-attend-9-rehearsals-and-move-scenery-during-half-time-for-minimum-wage-and-then-leave-the-venue.165391/

ITT nerds whine about unskilled labourers getting paid for their work, while completely lacking any self-awareness that they are posting on a web forum run by people are not paid a dime for the many, many hours of work required to stifle meaningful discussions.

Par for the course, naturally.

This was my lol thread on the commute home. So many people there seem to think that the only right thing to do is split all the Superbowel profits with the meatbag people that probably aren’t even doing it for the money in the first place.
serge

railGUN

« Reply #10221 on: January 17, 2020, 09:31:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hank-azaria-will-no-longer-voice-apu-on-the-simpsons.165313/

Oh look, a thread in which some members will defend low grade racism because it caters to their tastes.

They posted... on a website where "fuck white people" isn't just a phrase, it's a way of life.
Fish<

bluemax

« Reply #10222 on: January 17, 2020, 10:04:18 PM »

Same. Maybe because I’ve only worked for legitimate software companies and not gaming companies.

Re: contracting. I know a couple people that only work contracts because they’re not really interested in a full-time job. They like chilling for a few months between gigs. No idea how prevalent this sort of behavior is, tho. Honestly, that sounds like the dream to me except I’m too filled with anxiety and paranoia to pull it off. I also tend to go crazy if I don’t work for three days in a row because the more free time I have, the more it’s impossible to ignore how pathetic I am.

I've been working in gaming companies off and on for a decade and while the topic of unionization has come up a few times (even back at my first job in 2008), I've never talked with anyone who thinks it is plausible or that it would work. I've also yet to hear an explanation from someone who thinks it will help the industry that is based in reality.

Things need to change, but I don't know that a union is the way.
NO

samir

« Reply #10223 on: January 17, 2020, 10:04:52 PM »
Also the website where people think warehouse workers should earn 150k because the CEO of the company is a billionaire.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10224 on: January 17, 2020, 10:12:11 PM »
Quote from: appaws, post: 256594521, member: 32136

Against the handing of our patrimony to foreigners.  Against the pathetic manlets in our government and law enforcement who are complicit in globohomo's plans to destroy us.  Against our own moral failings as well, after all we can't blame these outsiders for our own moral downfall.  We have abandoned God and embraced worship of self.

Most Asians are awesome.  As are all people on the Earth we share.  They each have their own unique genius and the God given right to express and improve it in their own homeland.  We should have cordial cultural and trade relations with all of them.  Colonialism should be buried as a relic of the past.  We, however, have every right to remove them from our homelands so we can hand our lands down to our own children intact.

:salute
An American, talking about pushing immigrants out of his "Homeland", as if white people originated in the Americas.
 :what
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10225 on: January 17, 2020, 10:16:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-do-you-do-when-you-feel-like-your-childhood-dreams-are-ruined.165357/

He’s a troll right?
So my point is did you feel utterly discouraged when reality hits you that you will never fulfill your childhood dreams?

ITT, a REEEseteran discovers adult life.
Spud

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10226 on: January 17, 2020, 11:14:03 PM »

He’s a troll right?
So my point is did you feel utterly discouraged when reality hits you that you will never fulfill your childhood dreams?

"My dream job is too hard to do and they should make it easier,"  sounds like a good premise for a King of the Hill episode. 

Speaking of, when is King of the Hill going to become a "sigh," "oof," or "big yikes?"
sigh

railGUN

« Reply #10227 on: January 17, 2020, 11:40:01 PM »
OP there were massive socialist movements before you were even alive, it has nothing to do with generations lol.

Not here in the US. OP brings up some points that deserve more than "lol"

Nope, no socialist movements happened in the US in the 1960's, for example.

:social2 boomers
Fish<

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #10228 on: January 17, 2020, 11:48:46 PM »

He’s a troll right?

"My dream job is too hard to do and they should make it easier,"  sounds like a good premise for a King of the Hill episode. 

Speaking of, when is King of the Hill going to become a "sigh," "oof," or "big yikes?"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-hank-hill-vote-for-donald-trump.96512/page-7
Oi Oi

Drainage

« Reply #10229 on: January 18, 2020, 12:23:13 AM »
They ought to just kill off Apu and replace him with another convenience store Indian that never says a word and is always behind the counter dicking around on his phone.

TVC15

« Reply #10230 on: January 18, 2020, 01:30:37 AM »
Anyone mad or happy about this is fucking dumb cause who willingly watches Simpsons episodes that aired this century? There's better battlegrounds for your dumb culture war.

I’m
#TeamNWAPowerrr :steiner
serge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #10231 on: January 18, 2020, 01:49:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-console-screenshot-thread-2020-vision.162484/#post-27879569

I always hate when people post screenshots that clearly don’t look good.

Could someone explain what’s special about the way this looks?

pgtl_10

« Reply #10232 on: January 18, 2020, 02:12:21 AM »
ok boomer is some bullshit

the people saying it now are gonna have it said against them in some form in 20 years and they're gonna die mad  :umad

Ok boomer

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10233 on: January 18, 2020, 02:13:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-console-screenshot-thread-2020-vision.162484/#post-27879569

Nintendo

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10234 on: January 18, 2020, 04:14:05 AM »

:jared
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10235 on: January 18, 2020, 04:36:33 AM »

Nintendo

That little je ne sais quoi, the N freshness.  :jgames
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10236 on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:50 AM »
Quote from: Birchosaurus
You do know. The Intersect is a Socialist Magazine and has been in Bernie's corner from Day One. Why would they do a piece like this for Warren unless they couldn't ignore the truth?

SOCIALISM :yikes :stop

https://www.resetera.com/threads/warren-campaign-might-not-be-source-of-cnn-story-about-bernie-sanders-saying-a-woman-cant-win.165453/post-28359074
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10237 on: January 18, 2020, 05:03:35 AM »
Penny Arcade forums are still active for nerd stuff, but I left there after it became an Elitist shithole. Someone went on a massive tirade against me all because I said I preferred one martial arts over another due to my physicality. Dude started screeching about being "qualified" enough and went down the deep end of his own ego.

:ryker I'd read that.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-there-other-highly-active-forums-out-there.165236/post-28351409
ὕβρις

Coax

« Reply #10238 on: January 18, 2020, 05:08:58 AM »

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by Cheeto dust and sweat

It's a record of his valiant battle but you're probably one of those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat :bolo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10239 on: January 18, 2020, 05:15:34 AM »
The box office bombs that Disney was mandated to distribute were a financial turd to their 2019 streak of billion dollar hits. That was the final nail in the coffin which proved that moviegoers didn't really care for 20th Century Fox as much as film fandom say they do.

A subtle rebranding to transform the 21st Century Fox assets into cleaner subsidiaries that no longer suffer the inorganic corporate baggage from Rupert Murdoch was just smart business.

:bedroomeyes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-disney-drops-fox-name-will-rebrand-divisions-as-20th-century-studios-searchlight-pictures.165334/post-28357197
ὕβρις

benita

« Reply #10240 on: January 18, 2020, 05:16:11 AM »

You're missing the point: A lot of the shots seem to copy her work. Now, while yes the comparison shots and tropes/etc. are things that are impossible to not copy, the same premise, the same shots (nearly, with a few changes), and general same-story is something to :hmm about.

It goes into territory of "how can you copy-write an idea/there is nothing new under the sun."

But you could compare this incident to something like: Bethesada Online Studios literally ripping off 1:1 (nearly) a Dungeons and Dragon's adventure writer's campaign/module to CTRL/CMD+F "find and replace" all mentions of certain words for Elder Scroll's-centric terms and thinking nobody would notice.

Thing is, their "Can we copy your homework, WotC?" "Sure, just change it up a bit so it doesn't look obvious you copied." "Ok." -meme-izm broke because the original author's (and those modules players) saw the copy-writing-replacement and went "WTF, Beth?" to where Beth actually admitted they fucked up and removed the campaign (I'm not even sure if it's possible to find on the internet anymore since I think Beth paid search engines to scrub it, that's how badly they fucked up)

The idea/intention of the piece if what this allegation comes down to. You could say M. Night just had a similar idea to the "Running Out Of Time" book (a person that believes they're in a different time from the actual time finds out and has to go into the world, CULTURE SHOCK and other things) with a few changes, and sure: That happens a lot of the time and fan-fiction writers and actual writers tweak these things/tropes and play around with them to make new stories/things.

But when you copy 80% of the same story beats/tropes/camera-shots/writing-lines/whatever details you want to do here, it certainly "activates the almonds" in regards to "ok, this is creepily close to what I've written, did they see my shit, ape-it wholesale and think nobody would notice?" So she certainly has a case, especially if she can prove the executive producer saw her work since she worked with him in the past (and would have had to have sent a portfolio including her script/movie of this similar "idea"/story) and copied it/told M. Night about the idea and M. Night worked on it unknowingly or knowingly.

You fuckin marks couldn't even recognise that Shyamalan is just graduating to ARG twists.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10241 on: January 18, 2020, 05:36:19 AM »

"The way the colors are rendered are very impressive. Frankly I've never seen a Switch game render clothing this good either. That's right Richard. I think they're using a temporal anti-aliasing technique here which gives it that soft and smooth look. That and of course SUPERB ART DIRECTION You could say it is NINTENDO MAGIC. If you like this content and want to see more like it, subscribe to our channel, like this video and ring the bell"
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #10242 on: January 18, 2020, 06:40:34 AM »
Who the fuck is Richard   :wtf
(ice)

samir

« Reply #10243 on: January 18, 2020, 06:51:25 AM »
Nintex's headmate

Drainage

« Reply #10244 on: January 18, 2020, 12:33:18 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #10245 on: January 18, 2020, 01:01:22 PM »
Who the fuck is Richard   :wtf
That's John, aka dark10x (?). Richard, aka Wichard, is the wisened old man.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10246 on: January 18, 2020, 01:02:07 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10247 on: January 18, 2020, 01:10:49 PM »
I’m legitimately surprised people are down on the female Byleth’s design. It feels like among both men and women fans it’s considered the better and more interesting design.
It seems you need a refresher, you should check the OP.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-28364236

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10248 on: January 18, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »
Which RE member is this?

https://twitter.com/SophNar0747/status/1218494536420405253

Hey @thebire do you really want posts like this to represent your forum ?
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #10249 on: January 18, 2020, 01:35:10 PM »
I’m legitimately surprised people are down on the female Byleth’s design. It feels like among both men and women fans it’s considered the better and more interesting design.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/post-28364236

I mean, one looks like Marth and the other doesn’t (plus stocking and boobs).

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10250 on: January 18, 2020, 01:35:55 PM »

God people are so gross

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Snoopycat_

« Reply #10253 on: January 18, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »
Which RE member is this?

She actually posts on Gaf. Lore was spotted creeping towards her shower a few weeks ago

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10254 on: January 18, 2020, 02:11:43 PM »
Hey @thebire do you really want posts like this to represent your forum ?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10255 on: January 18, 2020, 02:14:39 PM »
Which RE member is this?

She actually posts on Gaf. Lore was spotted creeping towards her shower a few weeks ago
rip. either she gets her employment clipped by a male feminist or has a real life troll appear from under a bridge on her way to work.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10256 on: January 18, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-how-the-rise-of-skywalker-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-alt-right-sw-trolls.165510/

Why can’t RE let it go?
Incoming “but I’m not alt-right and hated TLJ, what about me??? Hmm?” posts
Always loved this nice little rhetorical technique.

Let me try it: All Bore posters love to fuck dolphins' blowholes!

Incoming “but I post on the Bore and am not sexually attracted to dolphins, what about me??? Hmm?” posts.
::)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10257 on: January 18, 2020, 02:25:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wapo-how-the-rise-of-skywalker-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-alt-right-sw-trolls.165510/

Why can’t RE let it go?

true story, its the equivalent of the voight-kampf test for finding replicants for finding the alt-right; anyone who didn't think TLJ was filmings citizen kane is a nazi

BisMarckie

« Reply #10258 on: January 18, 2020, 02:34:53 PM »

Why can’t RE let it go?
Incoming “but I’m not alt-right and hated TLJ, what about me??? Hmm?” posts
Always loved this nice little rhetorical technique.

Let me try it: All Bore posters love to fuck dolphins' blowholes!

Incoming “but I post on the Bore and am not sexually attracted to dolphins, what about me??? Hmm?” posts.
::)

There are two kinds of people in the world: People who want to stick their dick into blowholes and dirty liars.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10259 on: January 18, 2020, 02:37:49 PM »
Ethan Van Sciver, the head of Comicsgate, made a name for himself as a 45 year old balding morbidly obese man, by buying dozens of Rose action figures and angrily dismembering them:

:dunno

I'm pretty fucking sure he 'made a name' for himself before any kulturkampf bullshit.

Which is why has an entry on wiipedia. And resetera doesn't :teehee