Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 215814 times)

Occam

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #600 on: May 10, 2022, 02:51:08 AM »
Yes, you can find them online. Yet there is a law against it.
https://www.everycrsreport.com/files/20030908_RL32074_fcbf5a7d23f14b3350d4c2d81465aaaf7bcd299d.pdf
Hence, presumably.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #601 on: May 10, 2022, 02:57:27 AM »
Yes, you can find them online. Yet there is a law against it.
https://www.everycrsreport.com/files/20030908_RL32074_fcbf5a7d23f14b3350d4c2d81465aaaf7bcd299d.pdf
Hence, presumably.
(2)Prohibition.—It shall be unlawful for any person—
(A)to teach or demonstrate the making or use of an explosive, a destructive device, or a weapon of mass destruction, or to distribute by any means information pertaining to, in whole or in part, the manufacture or use of an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction, with the intent that the teaching, demonstration, or information be used for, or in furtherance of, an activity that constitutes a Federal crime of violence; or

(B)to teach or demonstrate to any person the making or use of an explosive, a destructive device, or a weapon of mass destruction, or to distribute to any person, by any means, information pertaining to, in whole or in part, the manufacture or use of an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction, knowing that such person intends to use the teaching, demonstration, or information for, or in furtherance of, an activity that constitutes a Federal crime of violence.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2022, 03:42:12 AM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #603 on: May 10, 2022, 04:06:00 AM »
Sen. Susan Collins was confronted with a pro-abortion rights message Saturday night when an unknown person or persons wrote in chalk on the sidewalk outside her West Broadway home in Bangor, prompting a police response.

“Susie, please, Mainers want WHPA —–> vote yes, clean up your mess,” the message read, according to a Bangor police report.

Bangor police responded to West Broadway at 9:20 p.m. Saturday to investigate a message written in chalk on a sidewalk, Bangor police spokesperson Wade Betters said.

“We are grateful to the Bangor police officers and the City public works employee who responded to the defacement of public property in front of our home,” Collins said.
:badass

Occam

« Reply #604 on: May 10, 2022, 04:27:15 AM »
My bad for being so imprecise. Still a limit, though.

Anyway, to sum it up, you have no problem with tort law stifling free speech, but the media should not be held accountable for making false statements of fact. Because lies and propaganda can do no harm and are a valuable part of the political discourse, leading to the betterment of humanity.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 04:22:46 PM by Occam »

benjipwns

« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2022, 04:53:32 AM »
No, I absolutely have a problem with defamation as a concept along with other monopoly property claims like copyright. But considering it's unlikely that the Constitution will be edited anytime soon I focus on preventing the law from expanding further and especially through the introduction of non-existent interpretive loopholes into the text. I never said the American system is perfect, I said it's superior to a hypothetical one without the First Amendment.

The media is held accountable by others attempting to undermine their reputation as an information source, I prefer this system because it protects everyone's rights even if it's not harsh enough to undermine the largest actors who regularly produce disinformation that its audience likes. You want them thrown in prison if they say something the state doesn't like. Look, we're just going to go in circles. You think free speech would still be fine if Donald Trump and/or his appointees had been allowed by the law to end The Washington Post for publishing disinformation, I think this is incredibly wrong and would have been a threat to liberal democracy. I don't think we're going to ever agree on this. You're not going to convince me that maybe democracy in America would have been improved by this but maybe you've convinced others that freedom of speech and the press should depend on the good will of the state.

edit: I took out some snark that may have been insulting.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 06:25:27 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #606 on: May 10, 2022, 05:38:07 AM »
shosta endorsed infighting:
Nobody was better positioned to model such a process than Brandy Brooks, a racial equity and environmental justice consultant running for an at-large seat on the Montgomery County Council in Maryland. She’s the founder and CEO of Radical Solutions LLC, a consulting firm that offers “training, coaching and consulting for progressive organizing leaders who are working on multiracial, cross-class, movement-building electoral and issue campaigns.” The firm’s “focus [is] on supporting and centering the leadership of women and femmes of color.”

On March 14, Brooks learned that she herself was the subject of a complaint of a hostile work environment from a member of her campaign staff. What made the process feel especially difficult — but also resolvable through a restorative justice process — was the source of the complaint: a person she considered a longtime close friend.

Sam bowed out, and Brandy invited over a female friend for the type of evening she was looking for: tears, hand-holding, and self-exploration. That Sunday night, just after midnight — technically Monday morning — Sam reached back out to start a long conversation about the virtues of wool dryer balls.

Sam later said — to the Washington Post and others — that they understood the request for mutual crying and hand-holding as an unwanted romantic advance. Without invalidating Sam’s perspective, a mutual friend said that she had seen Brandy say similar things to people of all genders, not meant in a romantic way. “That’s how she interacts with her very close friends, and I felt it was really taken out of context,” the friend said.

As the head of the campaign, she had suggested something inappropriate either way, Brandy has since acknowledged. That the relationship was already unprofessional is not in dispute, and Sam hadn’t even joined the campaign full-time yet.

The sessions helped Brandy craft her statement of accountability. At the second mediation, Brandy read a draft of her statement to Sam, who told her, according to Brandy, that it was beyond what they had expected, and they accepted it without amendments. The two jointly signed a mediation agreement on March 22, 2022. “[Sam] and Brandy Brooks agree to keep mediation discussion and written products confidential except for a limited circle of close advisers,” reads the agreement. “[Sam] affirms that the campaign and Brandy Brooks handled this situation in good faith with a clear intention of restorative justice and will not make any further requests of Brandy Brooks or the campaign pertaining to the complaint of March 14.”

She read it aloud to staff on March 26. “Brandy spoke for a grueling 10 minutes about how sorry she was,” said one of the roughly nine staffers in the room.

Shortly afterward, Brandy and the campaign began to field calls from people who had endorsed her, or others in the progressive community, saying they had heard damning stories about her behavior on the campaign, specifically that she was offering jobs to staff in exchange for sexual favors, and retaliating when the overtures were rejected. Montgomery County’s rumor mill was running wild, and Brandy tried to tamp down the speculation.

On the night of April 7, a Thursday, Brandy’s campaign learned that the local Jews United for Justice chapter was discussing the situation and considering dropping their endorsement. The next day, Brandy called her endorsers to let them know as much as she could: There had been a complaint of a hostile workplace environment, and it had been resolved in mediation.

On Saturday, April 9, Brandy got a call from a member of the Metro D.C. DSA steering committee, its leadership body, inviting her to join a call on Tuesday, April 12, to respond to what they said were disturbing allegations they’d been hearing.

That Monday, Brandy did a second reading of her accountability statement to two kitchen cabinet members who had missed the first meeting. Sam was present for that too and told Brandy afterward that the statement was no longer acceptable and more accountability was needed. Brandy said she offered to reenter mediation, but Sam told her the only way they’d do so would be if Brandy withdrew completely from the race. It’s an open question what, exactly, prompted Sam’s change of heart, but Brandy calling her endorsers to tamp down the rumor mill may have played a role. Brandy said Sam couched her departure from the campaign not as a demand but simply a necessity. “I’m not asking you to do this, I’m just saying this is the only way,” was the posture, according to Brandy.

Dropping out, Brandy responded, was not an option, for a number of reasons, including her faith that her campaign was best positioned to serve the million people of Montgomery County she would represent. Beyond that, the campaign was publicly financed to the tune of $175,000 from local taxpayers. Ending the campaign early would mean Brandy would be personally on the hook for that amount, plus interest.

Brooks was told on Tuesday evening at the Metro DC DSA steering committee meeting that the committee would be voting soon on whether to recommend its membership unendorse her campaign, and would halt work on her behalf for the time being. The committee told her it was aware of evidence that she had confessed to sexual harassment — presumably a reference to her accountability statement — and Brooks again took responsibility for what she had done but denied actively seeking sex or retaliating in any way. Losing their ground support would be hard, Brooks knew, and a public denunciation would be difficult to overcome.

The next day, DSA members put forward a resolution to unendorse Brooks, arguing that the only way for her to be held accountable was for her to end her campaign. “Whereas,” reads the resolution, “evidence has been brought forward that while an internal campaign mediation process was undertaken in an attempt to seek accountability from the candidate for the harm caused, the outcomes of the process were insufficient and it is our belief that true accountability cannot occur amidst an ongoing campaign for office.”

A steering committee meeting was held that evening to discuss the resolution. Sam spoke at the steering committee meeting, laying out the allegations. One attendee asked by chat if Brandy, as a long-serving DSA member, was entitled to due process. “Endorsement is a privilege, not a right of membership,” a steering committee member said in response. Brandy was not so privileged.

From the time DSA’s steering committee met with Brandy and the time that members, supported by the steering committee, put forward a resolution calling for her to end her campaign, two days had elapsed.

Much of the public condemnation of Brooks was organized around the straightforward power dynamic at work between a boss and an employee. While the dynamic was painted as black and white in this instance, in others, the left has been able to construct increasingly sophisticated power maps that get at the gradations of power differentials at play in different relationships. Race and gender are significant factors, yet there’s no evidence DSA examined the potential for implicit bias at work against Brandy or in the favor of Sam.

“We’re disappointed to now see her twist the language of abolition and restorative justice to try to deflect from her actions,” DSA’s public statement read.

That the dynamic between the two on the campaign was inappropriate isn’t in dispute. But in real-time and in hindsight, it seemed like the kind of thing a sophisticated progressive movement invested in the concept of restorative justice could handle through good-faith mediation. Indeed, if something like this can’t be resolved through such a process, what can? Instead, Brooks’s agreement to enter mediation became the very evidence against her and formed the foundation of the DSA’s resolution for unendorsement. “I cannot emphasize enough that Brandy Brooks admitted to sexually harassing her employee in a meeting before her entire staff. Those facts are not in dispute,” posted one DSA member who co-sponsored the resolution on Twitter.
:american

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #607 on: May 10, 2022, 08:56:07 AM »
https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Texas-Greg-Abbott-free-public-education-17150281.php

Gov. Greg Abbott wants to challenge SCOTUS case requiring states to educate all children
The Republican leader said the prospective overturn of Roe v. Wade sets the table for Texas to 'resurrect' a challenge to Plyler v. Doe (1982) requiring states to offer free public education to all children .

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #608 on: May 10, 2022, 10:26:14 AM »
Free speech + right to bare arms = god given right to kill people I disagree with.

Right benji?
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #609 on: May 10, 2022, 10:31:15 AM »
It's the RIGHT to bear arms.

Not the WRONG to bear arms afterall

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #611 on: May 10, 2022, 05:44:56 PM »
Why do Joe Biden and the Democrats keep using the phrase ULTRA MAGA as an 'insult'.  :doge
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #612 on: May 11, 2022, 01:20:45 AM »
I spent a couple of months last year pointing out that the Democratic childcare proposal would dramatically increase childcare prices for middle-class families right above the subsidy cliff. At the time, I was the only one publicly saying this (unless you also count the DC city government, which published a report saying the same thing). And I got a crazy amount of backlash for doing so.

Email blasts went out across the Hill telling everyone I was wrong. The Center for American Progress (CAP) ran a social media campaign claiming not only that I was wrong but also that the childcare proposal didn’t even have a subsidy cliff (it did). Childcare advocates got Politico’s Eleanor Mueller to write an attack on me that lined up quotes from Rasheed Malik of CAP, Melissa Boteach of the National Women’s Law Center (formerly at CAP), an anonymous “Democratic aide,” and even Senator Patty Murray, all saying in so many words that I was way off base.

All of this was bullshit. One of Yglesias’s think tank sources told him that this was a known problem with the childcare plan well before I pointed it out, but that the problem had nonetheless been suppressed for political reasons.

But how was it that nobody noticed this problem until Bruenig? I heard from someone who used to work at a well-regarded center-left think tank that one of her colleagues noticed this exact problem earlier. But when she raised the issue, she was told to keep quiet because the care groups have always been supportive on other issues.

In one case, right after a new draft of the BBB legislation was published, I pointed out on Twitter that the paid leave program had become more restrictive. Whereas previously someone was eligible provided they had worked at any point in the few months prior to taking leave, now they had to have done that and earned at least $2,000 in the prior two years. This new restriction was aimed at denying eligibility to the poorest workers in our society.

About an hour later, Eleanor Mueller, the same Politico journalist that the childcare advocates had lined up to write a piece against me, bizarrely said that I was wrong. She said instead that the new eligibility requirement “makes sure that people with erratic income can access paid leave even if they haven’t worked in the period immediately prior.” But this was false as a matter of basic reading comprehension. The $2,000 earnings requirement was on top of the requirement to have worked in the period immediately prior. It did not provide any new eligibility relative to the prior bill draft. It only restricted eligibility further.

More interesting than Mueller’s error, though, is contemplating how exactly she came to the point where she was rebutting me with a lie. I suppose it’s possible that she just saw my tweet (she doesn’t follow me) and, of her own volition, decided to rebut it. Perhaps she had already read the brand new statutory paid leave text and felt confident enough in her reading of it to say I was wrong. But the much more likely scenario is that the same people who fed her bullshit about my childcare analysis also fed her bullshit about this paid leave eligibility point. In other words, she was had by Democratic agents of policy misinformation.

When I wrote a piece about this, a significant member of Congress and their staff contacted me to talk about this development and, to my surprise, ask me how I even learned that the bill had been changed in this way. It hadn’t been reported in the media. The section-by-section fact sheet had not been updated to reflect the change. There was absolutely zero communication from anyone that the first three years of the pre-K plan had been basically eliminated. The only reason I knew it had happened, which I told this member, is that every time the BBB bill was updated, I would reread the entire statutory text of the childcare section (and a few other sections I was tracking) to spot changes.

It certainly looked like the small group of insiders responsible for shepherding the bill were hiding the ball even from other Democratic lawmakers.

Indeed, the information climate around the pre-K and childcare proposal funding got so bad that someone actually leaked to me an internal CBO document showing the CBO had assumed that a large minority of states would not participate in either program because the federal subsidies to do so were so minimal. Put differently, this document, along with the surrounding facts about the legislative history, strongly suggested that the Democrats were scaling back childcare and pre-K funding in subsequent drafts in order to get the CBO to conclude that a bunch of kids would never get any of the benefits, and thus the program would not cost very much.

This fact was not circulating in any national publication or policy circle. Imagine how desperate things must have gotten for someone to conclude that their best option for getting this information out was through me. This means that they had exhausted their internal options and had decided that dozens of policy figures and media figures far more prominent than me wouldn’t put it out there, or that it might otherwise imperil them professionally.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #613 on: May 11, 2022, 03:22:30 AM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #614 on: May 11, 2022, 05:43:00 AM »
Today U.S. Senator Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) introduced the Copyright Clause Restoration Act, a new bill to strip woke corporations like Disney of special copyright protections. Senator Hawley’s bill would limit new copyright protections to 56 years and make the change retroactive for massive corporations like Disney that have been granted unnecessarily long copyright monopolies.

Senator Hawley said, “the age of Republican handouts to Big Business is over. Thanks to special copyright protections from Congress, woke corporations like Disney have earned billions while increasingly pandering to woke activists. It’s time to take away Disney’s special privileges and open up a new era of creativity and innovation.”

Under Congress’s current sweetheart deal, companies like Disney have been granted certain copyright protections for up to 120 years—well beyond the original maximum of 28 years. Senator Hawley’s bill would crack down on copyright monopolies to ensure they only last long enough to encourage innovation.

Bill text can be found here.

Background

The Copyright Clause Restoration Act would:

Limit new copyrights to 56 years, the same period that persisted for most of the 20th century, which is plenty of incentive to encourage authorship.

Make this change retroactive for the biggest entertainment companies, including Disney, that were granted unnecessarily long monopolies. Under this legislation, Disney would begin to lose protections for some of its oldest and most valuable copyrights.

Delay implementation for certain license holders, to reasonably protect pre-existing contracts.
Time to put aside our differences and help Senator Hawley take on the woke corporations. :american

spoiler (click to show/hide)

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2022, 01:01:55 PM »
“the age of Republican handouts to Big Business is over.

:lol :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2022, 02:15:40 PM »
Countdown until Josh Hawley cousin fucking video drops? :success
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #617 on: May 11, 2022, 06:15:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/WilliamA_33/status/1524507786306109441

Biden takes on Trump by calling him "The great MAGA king" as an insult
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2022, 08:27:33 AM »
Outrage clickbait sharebait for "informed" partisans.

BisMarckie

« Reply #620 on: May 12, 2022, 10:59:01 AM »
re: the debate on the previous pages. My views and interpretations on this are quite fringe. I think German speech laws are completely broken and a sham. Full of Prussian ideas of “honor“ with a anti-Nazi bandaid applied.

I mean the first article in the constitution about human dignity is complete window-dressing without any real legal meaning.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #621 on: May 12, 2022, 11:17:29 AM »
re: the debate on the previous pages. My views and interpretations on this are quite fringe. I think German speech laws are completely broken and a sham. Full of Prussian ideas of “honor“ with a anti-Nazi bandaid applied.

I mean the first article in the constitution about human dignity is complete window-dressing without any real legal meaning.

fringe in terms of common German opinion? you'd prefer having something not based on a broad interpretation like what is "dignified"
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #622 on: May 12, 2022, 11:28:46 AM »
Yeah, it‘s a pretty unpopular position, but I‘m a free speech absolutist. Are the everyday implications non-existent for 99% of the population? Probably, but I would abolish every restriction on speech, especially criminal offenses like blasphemy(lol) and insulting a head of state(lol). These are some kooky ass laws that are completely unacceptable. The only saving grace is that the courts are pretty sensible and don’t really apply these laws.

benjipwns

« Reply #623 on: May 12, 2022, 12:03:26 PM »
My views and interpretations on this are quite fringe.
:jeanluc

What a weirdo.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #624 on: May 12, 2022, 12:05:27 PM »
Yeah, it‘s a pretty unpopular position, but I‘m a free speech absolutist. Are the everyday implications non-existent for 99% of the population? Probably, but I would abolish every restriction on speech, especially criminal offenses like blasphemy(lol) and insulting a head of state(lol). These are some kooky ass laws that are completely unacceptable. The only saving grace is that the courts are pretty sensible and don’t really apply these laws.

Pretty brave to come out as a facist bro :heh
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #625 on: May 12, 2022, 01:00:54 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #626 on: May 12, 2022, 01:12:39 PM »

Well, at least Himu and the consultants will be happy about 2022.

james

« Reply #627 on: May 12, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The lawmaker should have told this idiot woman that farming pics is barbaric and anyone who eats bacon should just kill themselves

Kurt Russell

« Reply #628 on: May 12, 2022, 02:15:00 PM »
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #629 on: May 12, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »

:dead

Give the man his Twitter back
🤴

james

« Reply #630 on: May 12, 2022, 02:43:14 PM »
We're about a day away from the stock market falling below all Biden gains. Talking points being typed up now.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #631 on: May 12, 2022, 03:07:47 PM »
the entire US economy rests on the purchase and sale of "miss me yet" and "I did that" products
Uncle

benjipwns

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #633 on: May 12, 2022, 07:17:56 PM »
 :what
Uncle

who is ted danson?

« Reply #634 on: May 13, 2022, 03:00:44 AM »
no more republican big business handouts, and no more price gouging

if corporations were people they'd be crying right now
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #635 on: May 13, 2022, 07:03:33 AM »
if corporations were people then you'd be in a restroom and all of a sudden the physical manifestation of wal-mart sidles up to the next urinal and says "hey buddy" and whips out its massive dong
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #636 on: May 13, 2022, 01:24:26 PM »
Why stop at Gasoline price gouging?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #638 on: May 15, 2022, 04:44:21 PM »
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., on Friday slammed Republicans for criticizing President Biden when "we’re at war."

Hoyer, the second-highest-ranking House Democrat made the inflammatory statement while debating on the House floor, pushing back on Republicans’ pointing out Biden has "clamped down" on producing energy domestically.

"It is unfortunate that in a time of war, that we spend all the time blaming our own president," Hoyer continued. "It is unfortunate that when the Europeans put themselves over the objections of numerous administrations in a place where they had a dependence on Russia, Russia has no leverage over us."

"I wish we'd get off this and really focus on the enemy," the Democrat leader added. "I know there's a lot of politics here, but we're at war. We need to produce energy."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #639 on: May 15, 2022, 05:27:34 PM »
Exactly who or what is the US at war with according to Hoyer?

No war has been officially declared right?
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #640 on: May 15, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »
The culture war baby :itagaki
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #641 on: May 15, 2022, 05:56:54 PM »
Exactly who or what is the US at war with according to Hoyer?
Whaddya got?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #642 on: May 15, 2022, 06:13:06 PM »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #643 on: May 15, 2022, 07:27:12 PM »
Idk, but he really seems to want the kind of attention Muskrat gets :trumps

Also shouldn't be want more stimmys seeing as a pretty high % of people will use than on Amazon for Vidya and shit :rollsafe
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #645 on: May 16, 2022, 01:03:21 PM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:39:20 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Occam

« Reply #646 on: May 17, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »
Fox News suddenly goes quiet on ‘great replacement’ theory after Buffalo shooting

Suspect was allegedly motivated by the theory, but network has barely mentioned gunman’s reasoning, even after Tucker Carlson pushed the concept in more than 400 of his shows
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/17/buffalo-shooting-fox-news-tucker-carlson-great-replacement-theory

Just because a racist lie was pushed on 400+ episodes of Carson's propaganda/brainwashing show, who could have known someone would actually believe it and start killing people? That's preposterous!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 11:48:49 AM by Occam »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

who is ted danson?

« Reply #648 on: May 17, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »
When you see the sheer size of the average american it does make sense to replace them
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #650 on: May 17, 2022, 03:46:52 PM »
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #651 on: May 17, 2022, 05:01:38 PM »
Fox News suddenly goes quiet on ‘great replacement’ theory after Buffalo shooting

Suspect was allegedly motivated by the theory, but network has barely mentioned gunman’s reasoning, even after Tucker Carlson pushed the concept in more than 400 of his shows
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/17/buffalo-shooting-fox-news-tucker-carlson-great-replacement-theory

Just because a racist lie was pushed on 400+ episodes of Carson's propaganda/brainwashing show, who could have known someone would actually believe it and start killing people? That's preposterous!
Why are you watching Fox News?
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #652 on: May 17, 2022, 06:00:37 PM »

He wants to get angry about people he's being told to hate.

benjipwns

« Reply #653 on: May 17, 2022, 10:19:41 PM »
Madison Cawthorn might have lost his primary.

And Dr. Oz is in second place so far.

benjipwns

« Reply #654 on: May 17, 2022, 10:24:40 PM »
Senate Democrats planned to hold a May 10 hearing on "disinformation, misinformation, and malinformation," just a couple of weeks after Biden tapped Jankowicz to head his administration's newly created Disinformation Governance Board. Democratic leaders were reluctant to have Jankowicz face Republican questioning, however, prompting them to nix the hearing, three Senate offices told the Washington Free Beacon.

"They yanked it when the entire ‘disinformation board' blew up," one senior aide told the Free Beacon. "They realized there's no way they could reschedule without Nina Jankowicz being called to testify."

The Senate's Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee had the hearing scheduled since April, but the optics of the hearing in light of Jankowicz's negative press led to its abrupt cancellation. Such hearings are normally sleepy events on Capitol Hill, but the controversy surrounding Jankowicz would have made the hearing a spectacle. The hearing would have been an opportunity for Republicans to question not only Jankowicz but also the creation of the board in the first place. The administration has refused to answer questions about its decision to give the disinformation post to Jankowicz, who has drawn criticism for falsely labeling Hunter Biden's laptop a "Russian influence op" and for her flamboyant TikTok videos.

Canceling Senate hearings on such short notice is out of the ordinary and typically does not happen unless a witness or expert falls ill or has a last-minute scheduling conflict. The disinformation hearing, according to multiple Senate offices, had been scheduled since early April and was planned for May 10.

The committee is helmed by Sen. Gary Peters (Mich.), who also chairs the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the organization tasked with maintaining Democrats' Senate majority. Aides speculated the event was canceled to insulate vulnerable Democrats from the political blowback of the disinformation board.

"We have at least one Democrat who has a tough reelection coming up this cycle," the aide said, referring to New Hampshire senator Maggie Hassan. "It's pretty insane."

"Peters is running cover for the administration," another aide said. Peters did not respond to a request for comment.
I hope this disinformation by Senate aides is being investigated.

Occam

« Reply #655 on: May 17, 2022, 10:45:18 PM »
edit: I took out some snark that may have been insulting.

I've been meaning to say thanks for this (I never saw your original response).
Sorry for the snark of my own.

Occam

« Reply #656 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »

What makes you think I do?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #657 on: May 17, 2022, 10:55:01 PM »

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2022, 07:35:58 AM »