Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 466151 times)

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #360 on: September 10, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/10/meghan-mccain-my-dad-says_n_125323.html

Yeah the pig thing is an old saying not sure why they are making a big deal  about it.  But hey we live in a PC society now unfortunately.
+1

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
because theyre insecure about palin.
o_0

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2008, 03:37:05 PM »
eh, sd's just trolling.  He knows he can rile up people by confidently making dumb pronouncements.

Ganhyun I don't know about.  Does anyone seriously believe that the aim of the surge was to lower American casualties?

It was a significant goal of the surge. Another goal was to lower terroristic attacks on civilians, which have also lowered. Another goal was to get the political situation ironed out, but that probably aint gonna happen for a long time, surge or no surge.

Ummmm...Mandark was referring to this: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/19610.html

Ok, where is that link in the thread? I cant find it in the thread. I find three links, none of which are the link you just posted.

XDF

Ganhyun

Weird, how did i know what he was talking about.

Are you an Akashic Brotherhood member? :P

Or do you just do mind reading for fun?
XDF

« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »
When can Iraq man up and take control?

Hopefully very soon and also when can they man up and foot part of the bill.

The only reason Iraq can enjoy some sort of surplus and an economy is because we forgave all their debt, we want to prop them up so they can eventually heal and prosper. I don't think they'll ever foot any significant part of the bill any time soon. Which to be fair, is probably only right.

Its not all bad news! Our fledgling democracy Iraq happens to be floating on a sea of oil that we can pipe through Turkey to provide an alternative to Saudi oil. It will help us circumvent and compete with Gazprom's supplies in Europe and Asia. If we bom-bom-bom bom-bom Iran, we'll probably get more, securing the USAs influence even more! My tar-black heart is skipping a beat at the very thought!  :drool

Not only will the likes of Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP get to secure a presence on Iraq's largest oil fields (the Chinese deal will look small in comparison),  but they and their shareholders could also be in the minority bracket that would enjoy tax relief courtesy of McCain! At least someone can benefit from all those trillions $$$ of investment! :usacry :gbcry

The world might be a wee bit fucked up in the aftermath, but we'll be able to power our cars, homes and factories for a few more decades before our children have to come up with a real alternative. Yay.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #366 on: September 10, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »
eh, sd's just trolling.  He knows he can rile up people by confidently making dumb pronouncements.

Ganhyun I don't know about.  Does anyone seriously believe that the aim of the surge was to lower American casualties?

It was a significant goal of the surge.

Nope.  They listed 18 official benchmarks and lowering US casualties wasn't in any of them.

As Cohen said, if you want to lower the number of Americans dying in Iraq, boy do I have a strategy for you!

« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »
Way to go McCain, piss off the media some more!!

YouTube has removed a webad that casts Sarah Palin as the victim of sexism on the request of CBS, whose anchor Katie Couric was featured in the ad.

“One of the great lessons of that campaign is the continued and accepted role of sexism in American life," Couric is quoted in the ad.

In the original clip, she was talking about Hillary Clinton; the ad applies her words to Sarah Palin.

Asked about the ad, CBS spokeswoman Leigh Farris said, "CBS News does not endorse any candidate in the Presidential race. Any use of CBS personnel in political advertising that suggests the contrary is misleading."
野球

« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2008, 03:50:55 PM »
When can Iraq man up and take control?

Hopefully very soon and also when can they man up and foot part of the bill.

The only reason Iraq can enjoy some sort of surplus and an economy is because we forgave all their debt, we want to prop them up so they can eventually heal and prosper. I don't think they'll ever foot any significant part of the bill any time soon. Which to be fair, is probably only right.

Its not all bad news! Our fledgling democracy Iraq happens to be floating on a sea of oil that we can pipe through Turkey to provide an alternative to Saudi oil. It will help us circumvent and compete with Gazprom's supplies in Europe and Asia. If we bom-bom-bom bom-bom Iran, we'll probably get more, securing the USAs influence even more! My tar-black heart is skipping a beat at the very thought!  :drool

Not only will the likes of Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP get to secure a presence on Iraq's largest oil fields (the Chinese deal will look small in comparison),  but they and their shareholders could also be in the minority bracket that would enjoy tax relief courtesy of McCain! At least someone can benefit from all those trillions $$$ of investment! :usacry :gbcry

The world might be a wee bit fucked up in the aftermath, but we'll be able to power our cars, homes and factories for a few more decades before our children have to come up with a real alternative. Yay.

Well if you'd just keep your tires pumped we wouldn't need all these wars.  On a serious note every alternative energy that is brought to the table is met with an excuse as to why we can't use them from one group or another.

Drill more - Poor Polar Bears
Wind - Poor bats, Hey you can't build there!
Nuclear - Not safe OMFG three eyed fish
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:21:49 PM by ShogunOfFear »
+1

Ganhyun

« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »

It was a significant goal of the surge.

Nope.  They listed 18 official benchmarks and lowering US casualties wasn't in any of them.

As Cohen said, if you want to lower the number of Americans dying in Iraq, boy do I have a strategy for you!

Wow, so your strategy for this is to leave, no matter what. Ok, so if we did so that and it went to shit, guess what? We get blamed for leaving too soon. We stay until a good time to leave, we are staying/taking too long. either way Democrats will take and try and use it to denounce conservatives/republicans.

But if your truly unhappy about the way things have been going... then I have a plan for you too.

XDF

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
Rangel should be tossed out.  Hell he should have resigned over the rent controlled apartments.

racist

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #372 on: September 10, 2008, 03:59:19 PM »
then I have a plan for you too.

After the election, all unhappy Americans can move in with me.*

*since this means moving to Winnipeg and living with me, I know that this offer will not bite me in the ass.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB

*since this means moving to Winnipeg and living with me, I know that this offer will not bite me in the ass.

<fiendishly rubs hands together>
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #374 on: September 10, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »
posting a map that seems to show people congregating into neighborhoods together, kind of like how we have in our major cities.

Dude, those demographics changed because of ethnic cleansing.  Militias and gangs of Shia men threatened, intimidated, and killed many thousands of Sunni in Baghdad over that time period, forcing them out of majority-Shia or mixed neighborhoods.

Remember the peak of sectarian violence following the golden dome bombing?  That's what was going on.  You can't have two years of a low-intensity civil war, wind up with different demographic patterns afterwards, then claim that the two are somehow unconnected.

siamesedreamer

siamesedreamer

McCain passed Obama today.

Look at the charts.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »
only slightly smh

He's getting his bump, although it's interesting that this national bump can be explained by a huge increase in southern states compared to low to negative movement everywhere else.

Ganhyun

<fiendishly rubs hands together>

Malek, I think you may be in trouble if TVC gets his way, lol.
XDF

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
only slightly smh

He's getting his bump, although it's interesting that this national bump can be explained by a huge increase in southern states compared to low to negative movement everywhere else.

If this is the crest of the McCain bump, Democrats are in good shape.
hex

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #380 on: September 10, 2008, 05:07:07 PM »
Palin was a red meat pick with HOPES that undecided people would flock to her (and honestly it kind of looks like women have at least temporarily) as a "good story," but ultimately her impact is going to be an Occam's razor type deal. Red meat pick rallies red meat.

Judging by fundraising numbers, looks like it also rallied a sizable number of blue meats too.
haw

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »
Outside of the Gallup poll McCain is currently either down a point, up a point, or tied. Seems like the status quo ie +1 or +2 is almost here again. The battleground state polls also show Obama well within striking distance. A McCain 2% lead could easily be overturned by heavily voter turnout, and as things stand McCain's numbers are already slowly decreasing in many states.

« Reply #382 on: September 10, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »
Huckabee calling out the Republicans on being afraid to discuss the issues?

WOWZA.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #383 on: September 10, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
God's Candidate 2012 :bow

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
I can't wait to see the epic Huckabee/Schweitzer showdown in 2016. I think they might wind up settling the election in a duel by the second debate.
hex

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #385 on: September 10, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »
are you suggesting LaRouche is right, and neither Obama nor McCain will win in 2008?

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #386 on: September 10, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »
Obama pull out the race card ffs.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #387 on: September 10, 2008, 05:35:43 PM »

Race card=automatic loss. It's not a coincidence that Obama has refused to even directly comment on racial comments made by McCain supporters, nor is it surprising that people like Jesse Jackson are upset with Obama. He's not touching race until he's secure in the White House

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #388 on: September 10, 2008, 05:37:57 PM »

Race card=automatic loss. It's not a coincidence that Obama has refused to even directly comment on racial comments made by McCain supporters, nor is it surprising that people like Jesse Jackson are upset with Obama. He's not touching race until he's secure in the White House

He should pull out the outrage card then.  He should have called a press conference today where he expressed outrage at the sex ed ad. 
yar

Fresh Prince

Yes pull out a card, any card. Something that shows you have balls Obama. Again whoever said this was going to be 'clean' was living in la la land.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
Like I said on GAF, I'd just turn this whole lipstick bullshit against McCain.

"He's insinuating I'm sexist when he's the one who thinks women should not be payed equal to men, for equal work. His campaign is suggesting I'm out of touch with women when they're the ones who support banning abortion in all forms and shunning contraception. Who's out of touch here? That's not putting country first, that's putting the people who have damaged this country over the last 8 years in the front seat again. And I'm not going to sit back and let that happen"

or something like that

Fresh Prince

Maybe he's afraid of being seen as the angry blackman but at least put some attack ads out and let Biden score some points.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
A democrat lady on Hardball just did exactly that, PD.
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2008, 05:49:52 PM »

Obama might as well hire me if he's gonna take my advice :bow

the sad thing is that it seems like McCain's adviser was right: this election isn't about issues. It's about an ever revolving list of bullshit topics the media runs with whenever they smell ratings. In my economics class today our teacher gave us a bunch of the economy numbers for the last 4 month; unemployment, underemployment, etc. The numbers are absolutely horrible, and rising each fucking month. Yet here we are talking about practice lipstick. Not the economy, or Iraq: lipstick.

Fresh Prince

Obama's lost this. Unless the tone of the election changes which I doubt McCain and Palin have got this in the bag.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Obama's lost this. Unless the tone of the election changes which I doubt McCain and Palin have got this in the bag.

I don't think so.  Obama got a bump after his conference, too.  Although I'm still concerned because I've always felt the polls have been too close, I think things will return to the status quo, or roughly so, relatively soon. 

I should know better to even be following polls before the debates.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »
September 26th: first debate

It's a foreign policy debate so McCain already has the perceived advantage. I hope the Obama camp realizes this could be the game changer and prepares accordingly. It would be awesome if someone like Chuck Hagel agreed to be Obama's sparring partner to warm up for this.

MrAngryFace

o_0

Fresh Prince

I think most Americans are looking for reasons not to vote for Obama, than reasons to vote for McCain. The media clearly now will take the view that anything in favour of Palin should be covered since it's what gets ratings. Biden puts a foot wrong and then we'll get another week of 'sexist' being called out. *smh*

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #399 on: September 10, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
I think most Americans are looking for reasons not to vote for Obama, than reasons to vote for McCain. The media clearly now will take the view that anything in favour of Palin should be covered since it's what gets ratings. Biden puts a foot wrong and then we'll get another week of 'sexist' being called out. *smh*

I agree that many people are looking for an excuse to vote against Obama. I hope when people go in the booth they actually think though: they already agree McCain's policies are very similar to Bush's, now connect the fucking dots for once. Sadly I think many people will walk out the booth thinking "that'll teach him not to call me bitter huurrrr"

MrAngryFace

o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »
She a brain therapist, chick you can't kiss
Opened up her legs, like "ooh, I smell fish"
Yeast infection queen, she love dick
Shivered up tits, she'll bang the whole Knicks

siamesedreamer

Its far from over. He's got Kerry + Iowa. I'm really concerned about CO and NM.

Kerry + those three totals 269. And I guess the DEMs in Congress break the tie. Throw in NV and he wins outright. I really think McCain has VA, FL, OH, and MO.

So, it really boils down to CO and NM.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
i found out a filthy secret about my parents tonight

spoiler (click to show/hide)
they are pumas
[close]
Tonya

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Oh, I think Obama'll get VA and Ohio.  And CO.  I think McCain gets FL, MO, and NM.
püp

Beardo

« Reply #405 on: September 10, 2008, 08:34:56 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/10/matt-damon-on-palin-like_n_125334.html -- HOW DO YOU LIKE THESE APPLEZ

WHEW!!!! Now that Matt Damon has graced us with his opinion we can let all the rednecks americans vote.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #406 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »

It's a foreign policy debate so McCain already has the perceived advantage. I hope the Obama camp realizes this could be the game changer and prepares accordingly. It would be awesome if someone like Chuck Hagel agreed to be Obama's sparring partner to warm up for this.

Perceived advantage, but for what reason? Experience? McCain on foreign policy is like a less charming McCarthy, and considering that international politics should also be about how the rest of the world feels about the US President and its government, McCain should realistically enter with eggs already well airborne in his direction. Not that I trust the people here to get past "but he has more experience,"especially with the current air of xenophobia, but hey, in the absence of anything else, there is hope.

as crazy and noisy this thread is, at least we're tryng to talk of the issues

whichis more than you can say for the Mcaain/Palin campaign
Crm

btw what's ron paul's stance on abortion and oillegal immigrants
Crm

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I hope the candidates propose some plans for the fannie-freddie situation.  That would make for an awesome debate.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
Oh shit he's on Letterman

"Keep in mind if I'd meant it that way, she'd be the lipstick"

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2008, 01:08:44 AM »

Obama can talk to Hagel if he wants to hash out some foreign policy conundrum through discussion.

If he's preparing for McCain he just needs someone who is willing to study and become a McCain surrogate, using the same memes, catchphrases, and speech patterns that McCain would use.

Which reminds me, this old Atlantic article on Al Gore is fun stuff for politics geeks.

siamesedreamer

I don't understand why any major presidential debate would be held on a Friday night.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2008, 01:37:05 AM »

PD gets it.

Lots of white people are just allergic to the idea that they or other whites have benefited in any way from racial bias and will punish a black person who suggests that's the case.  Obama recognizes this, which unfortunately gives his opponents leeway to make attacks with a (deniable) racial subtext if they choose to.

Beardo

« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2008, 02:47:49 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/rangel.congress/index.html

on top of

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/nyregion/11rangel.html?_r=3&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Any reason why he should still be head of the House W&M committee?

Rengel wanted to have an earmark build a building in New York that was going to have a statue of himself and be named after himself. That's a big no-no in congress. IMO

Beardo

« Reply #415 on: September 11, 2008, 02:50:41 AM »

Obama might as well hire me if he's gonna take my advice :bow

the sad thing is that it seems like McCain's adviser was right: this election isn't about issues. It's about an ever revolving list of bullshit topics the media runs with whenever they smell ratings. In my economics class today our teacher gave us a bunch of the economy numbers for the last 4 month; unemployment, underemployment, etc. The numbers are absolutely horrible, and rising each fucking month. Yet here we are talking about practice lipstick. Not the economy, or Iraq: lipstick.

Protip: The president has very little to do with the economy especially employment.

Mandark

• Icon
People might expect the president to do more than he can but it's definitely more than "very little".

For example a good regulatory regime could prevent a ridiculously untenable asset bubble from developing, bursting, and taking a good chunk of the country's financial system with it.

Beardo

« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2008, 02:58:13 AM »
People might expect the president to do more than he can but it's definitely more than "very little".

For example a good regulatory regime could prevent a ridiculously untenable asset bubble from developing, bursting, and taking a good chunk of the country's financial system with it.

Im assuming you mean the housing debacle? How could Bush have stopped that? And if he had the power why didnt congress do anything in their power?

Mandark

• Icon
Cause Congress was also Republican and generally on the same page?

The larger picture is that in the wake of the Great Depression FDR and company set up a regulatory system to keep unchecked speculation from sinking the economy.

That worked pretty well for decades but some chipping away at the edges by Republicans and a bunch of "innovative" securities vehicles meant that more and more investments weren't subject to regulation.  And then...

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2008, 04:20:56 AM »
Previously unpublished video of McCain's release from North Vietnam found in the archives of SVT, swedish state television. It's currently available in a book/dvd about the Vietnam War by a swedish freelance videographer, who delivered footage to among others CBS and NBC.

The video shows McCain and a group of other POW getting out of a bus and lined up at Hanoi airport. After McCain's name is called by a voice with a northvietnamese accent, the cameraman tracks an only slightly limping McCain, who shakes hands with two american officers before walking towards the airplane which is to take him home to the USA after more than five years of imprisonment as a POW.

Story from here, my translation.
地平線