Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2163813 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
That moderator line "There is no reasonable defense that can be offered of Dave Chappelle's specific transphobic jokes" is awful.  Like...be moderators and make sure that the discussion is civil.  Don't outright stop people from talking about a subject because you feel that way.  Fucking thought police over there- was anything like that even ever said on NeoGAF?
You're misdiagnosing it. There's one transgender administrator who's very sensitive about the issue and completely explodes over anything even vaguely transphobic. Pretty much everyone else doesn't care all that much but nobody wants to be the person who stands up for transphobes (real or merely alleged) so it's not worth a fight. Not to mention administrators are completely separate from moderators and the latter function more as unpaid labor (and never as policy makers).

I don't really care all that much and I don't think resetera is a thought police nightmare enforced by jackboot moderators. I think people are just imperfect and the social pressures just led to these specific, isolated, perverse interactions between site staff and posters.

lol resettera is for the lonely bin

your a mod? lololololol
dur

etiolate

GAFReset gives off that vibe often.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:05:29 PM by etiolate »

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
GAFReset gives off that vine often.

(Image removed from quote.)

And yet it happened and here you are still whining about it like a scorned 14 year old girl. You lose.
YMMV

Himu

God damn it please keep trans stuff in Cindi's thread where she can argue with slapdicks for pages and pages and keep this to making fun of RE/GAF places.

Surprisingly, I don't like talking about the trans thing a lot and generally keep it to myself or among other trans people but I feel obligate to address it here because it's such a common topic and I just can't let the tucutes get away with monopolizing the trans narrative. Sorry.  :-\

You like to argue and get got by trolls like 10 times a day. Blatant troll posts at that. And then the next 5 pages will be you writing 8 paragraphs to someone who was just trying to get a rise out of you. You're like benji but the one being trolled.

I CAN'T HELP IT

IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))

User was warned for gleeful transphobia.
每天生气

etiolate

And yet it happened and here you are still whining about it like a scorned 14 year old girl. You lose.

what are you talking about?

I'm talking about Cindi's comment that the poster may be just another joke character parading freely on Reset.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
Butts.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:10:55 PM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

Himu

Stro :brazilcry
IYKYK

Himu

No offense, but why read this thread then? It's the Gaf/Reset thread. It's full of SJWs. Why would you not expect tumblr talk?
IYKYK

etiolate

Who was the GAF girl that became webcam girl? Koshiba?

Leadbelly

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2806825/

There is no reasonable defense that can be offered of Dave Chappelle's specific transphobic jokes. Defending his specific transphobic jokes will be treated the same as any other post in defense of transphobia from this point forward. You have been warned.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2678867/

So defending transphobic jokes from this point forward will be treated like any other post defending transphobia.

When you take into account that SweetNicole considers not being sexually attracted to a transgender person transphobia, this change in policy and action really isn't saying much. Might as well have done it from the start. I mean, there is practically nothing SweetNicole doesn't consider transphobia anyway.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
That actually sounds like a troll. On an LGBT Christian discord, we will get raided a lot by conservative Christians who tell us to stop living in sin. They're gate kept and locked out of the servers rooms besides a welcome room and you have to introduce yourself and state why you're there. Any time we get raided it's full of conservatives who say stuff like,"I'm a pansexual polyamarous trans woman and my preferred pronouns are they and I've read the rules, can I come in?" Like, they go completely over the top with it. Not to say that person is doing that, butttttt, it's a possibility.
Sounds like a lot of work and excuses when you could just. stop. living in sin.
I mean, it's just so ... tiring ... to have to explain endlessly to all those who don't follow His Word.
Can you like just not, [Quran 68:18]

Leadbelly

The insanity of this admin is only one part of a forum that's already paved with wacky warnings and bans for some of the mildest or straight up uncontroversial shit.

Yeah. The inmates really are running the asylum.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
There's one transgender administrator who's very sensitive about the issue and completely explodes over anything even vaguely transphobic.

Right...that person should not be an administrator or mod or whatever.  She clearly can't handle it.

Pretty much everyone else doesn't care all that much but nobody wants to be the person who stands up for transphobes (real or merely alleged) so it's not worth a fight.

Forget transphobia here (although I guess it's kind of related)- it is discussion about a stand up comedy special.  Seriously, if you're that passionate about social/gender stuff, what the hell are you wasting your time thought-policing a video game message board for?  Go get out in the real world.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:33:33 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

It's the Gaf/Reset thread. It's full of Social Studies Warriors.
:neogaf

Himu

It's the Gaf/Reset thread. It's full of Social Studies Warriors.
:neogaf

I mean, the forums the thread is about is about are full of Social Studies Warriors. Bad syntax on my part.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:17:24 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

Aha, that makes a lot more sense lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Why do you use SSW instead of Social Studies Warrior?

Stealth edit: There's a filter on SJ.W?  lol.
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Himu

LGBT Christian discord

:lol

:( LGBT hate us, Christians hate us. Gotta support each other.

Unfortunately you're not a cool lgbt person unless you're an atheist satanist or pagan or witch or whatever always on the borders of being some edgelord who will cast a spell on everyone so :idont
IYKYK

etiolate

Notice how alphabetical order gets the person of color introduced last? The alphabet is just another oppressive invention of the white male patriarchy.   :thinking

Raist

LGBT Christian discord

:( LGBT hate us, Christians hate us. Gotta support each other.

Unfortunately you're not a cool lgbt person unless you're an atheist satanist or pagan or witch or whatever always on the borders of being some edgelord who will cast a spell on everyone so :idont

Given the meaning of "discord" (the noun, not the IRC reskin) I just found it amusing.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
I’ve seen maybe 3 transgender people in my entire life.  Yeah, it’s easy to tell 99% of the time by looks and voice. 

Despite this, that forum is trans trans trans 24/7.  Trans make up like a fraction of 1% of the population.  It’s absolute insanity over there.  I’ve never seen anything so completely in contrast to the real world before.  What is wrong with these people?
hey

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Mods don't reply to PM's so that doesn't really work.

With that said, I'm not sure why that poster (or many others) do not understand why identity politics are futile.

The group just keeps getting smaller and smaller. First you identify as a blue collar transgender progressive.
The next day you are a blue collar transgender cis hispanic obese big beautiful vegan progressive
You don't vote because the progressive eats hamburgers also you have only one online friend.

Three dudes walk into a bar in Alabama.
One is a Nazi, the other wants lower taxes and the third is cop.
They all have a beer and vote for the pedophile 

Or you just ask the majority of white/black working straight people who eat at McDonalds who they identify as and sell them a useless piece of clothing to feel connected.  :trumps

Yeah that's a good way to put it.

I mean I would probably not vote for a pedophile, I don't think that's an example of progressives wrongfully turning their noses up.  But they sure like to make a bunch of shitlists and dealbreakers, and cut "toxic people" out of their lives.  No room for forgiveness.  Telling their own parents they never want to see them again because they voted for Trump because the TV told them to, and breaking their poor confused hearts.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
I’ve seen maybe 3 transgender people in my entire life.  Yeah, it’s easy to tell 99% of the time by looks and voice. 

Despite this, that forum is trans trans trans 24/7.  Trans make up like a fraction of 1% of the population.  It’s absolute insanity over there.  I’ve never seen anything so completely in contrast to the real world before.  What is wrong with these people?

Bro I answered this question pages ago when you last asked it.  If the sum total of the internet is 100% then consider Reset to be the 1% trans of it.

Stuff doesn't appear in equal distribution everywhere.  It's not like if I write a paragraph then 10% of the paragraph needs to be gay and 1% of the paragraph needs to be trans.
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

The internet - specifically left leaning niche gaming boards have a larger percentage of queer posters, including trans. Regardless, what do you mean exactly "what's wrong with these people" because that's a pretty fucking stupid and gross thing to ask.

Trans issues are no less important than any other human rights issue so I really don't understand the questioning that goes on in this thread about it.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
These boards are also full of men who don't know how to wipe their asses, how to shampoo their hair without getting it in their eyes, but have 10inch hogs and can't get a date, so YMMV

Shampoo?  I thought they decided that soap and shampoo weren't needed and that your body cleans itself with "natural oils."  :doge
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
a bath???! but it's not saturday!!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
I remember those gaf threads about not using soap or shampoo.  Trying to say that your hair just naturally gets clean with its own oils and shampoo ruins it, and a bunch of people posting progress reports like some sort of gross anti-washing support group.
Uncle

Jansen

Oh wait, I mis-remembered:
Do they have them in black? I can't have white sheets because I don't bathe.

We bathe twice a week, Monday and Thursday. It's half and half. Wipes in between since we don't do much. I have a computer job but she works with individuals. She works with one lady who only takes baths twice a month.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182378438&postcount=45

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183906683

on roachGAF a roach just posted: "This human smells like he only takes 2 showers a week! G/A/F"

:heh

Jansen

https://www.resetera.com/threads/products-where-paying-extra-is-a-scam.14169/

Quote from: Imp the Dimp,
Let's get some easy ones out of the way:

- wine
- coffee
- cholocate
- beer

All that shit tastes the same wether you paid 1€ or 1000€. Everybody would fail a blind test on those things.

Possibly more controversial:

- headphones (or audio equipment in general)

It's not quite as clear-cut in this case. Going from your garbage 20€ headphones to mid-range Beyerdynamic BT 770 Pro is absolutely worth it and a huge leap. Past the mid-range, diminishing returns definitely kick in, although I opted for <200€ headphones myself and I'm happy I did. >300€ headphones don't strike me as being worthwhile under any circumstances, and I consider audiophiles as largely deluded.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
I remember those gaf threads about not using soap or shampoo.  Trying to say that your hair just naturally gets clean with its own oils and shampoo ruins it, and a bunch of people posting progress reports like some sort of gross anti-washing support group.

I was a big promoter in those threads.  They struck me the same as "I cut my own hair and everyone says it looks great!"  Teh same as "I don't wear deodorant and nobody has ever complained!"

So nobody walked up to you and said "you look/smell like shit," so clearly you are the epitome of style and hygiene.
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Listen I use shampoo and conditioner rarely and never use soap.

I also never excercise and am pretty much always in an air conditioned room tho

etiolate

if you can't tell the difference between craft beer and budweiser then may the lord smite yee

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Budweiser is that fancy foreign beer that costs $9 a bottle

seagrams hotsauce

https://www.resetera.com/threads/products-where-paying-extra-is-a-scam.14169/

Quote from: Imp the Dimp,
Let's get some easy ones out of the way:

- wine
- coffee
- cholocate
- beer

All that shit tastes the same wether you paid 1€ or 1000€. Everybody would fail a blind test on those things.

Possibly more controversial:

- headphones (or audio equipment in general)

It's not quite as clear-cut in this case. Going from your garbage 20€ headphones to mid-range Beyerdynamic BT 770 Pro is absolutely worth it and a huge leap. Past the mid-range, diminishing returns definitely kick in, although I opted for <200€ headphones myself and I'm happy I did. >300€ headphones don't strike me as being worthwhile under any circumstances, and I consider audiophiles as largely deluded.

:trigger :trigger :trigger aaaaaugh

clothedmacuser

https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-officers-deliver-baby-girl-after-panicked-father-sparks-car-chase-as-he-speeds-to-hospital.14170/

Post #2

I know people are going to have some negative stuff to say about this and how it was handled, but that is a great story.

Nice to see some positive moments these days.

Post #3
If he were black, she'd be a widow.
sigh

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
I need a shower just after reading the last few posts. :kobeyuck
que

tuna_love

Listen I use shampoo and conditioner rarely and never use soap.

I also never excercise and am pretty much always in an air conditioned room tho
didnt you talk up your teeth on gaf but they were yellow?

PogiJones

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

clothedmacuser

https://www.resetera.com/threads/please-stop-using-the-condescending-question-mark.14177/
Please stop using the Condescending Question Mark
:rkelly
I'm happy about that thread.  :yeshrug
Are you?

That's not how you condescending question mark?

Ok?   . . . .  and

Not sure why this is a big deal . . . do you want to be purposefully a jerk? . . .

Just talk like this? . . . and you don't get banned on Resera?
sigh

PogiJones

That place is fucking mental.

I figure if I go in and be a good poster (by my own standards), I can hopefully be a positive, albeit small, influence to make it a better forum.

It'd be great if you decided to join up; could really help bring balance to the place.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Because people ask stupid questions and get stupid answers?
que

PogiJones

Think of it as a long-term investment. Like not polluting.

A Condescending Question Mark will help you feel smug for a moment, but as everyone contributes and feels smug, it degrades the forum, and you lose out on the benefits of a forum where people actually like each other.

This place is different. It's loose and rude, but it seems like people mostly like each other (deep down, maybe?). But you can also see that it's pretty much impossible to have a serious conversation here.

clothedmacuser

I figure if I go in and be a good poster (by my own standards), I can hopefully be a positive, albeit small, influence to make it a better forum.

It'd be great if you decided to join up; could really help bring balance to the place.

I don't think they want balance.  Already you have certain admins and resettlement advisors becoming personalities.  A good poster is one that never questions that one crazy admin or the RA who posts 200 times a day. 

And I guess that is what I must become lest I get banned for being "transgressive" or "too questioning."

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:05:26 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Unbounded

Man, Reset is getting so predictable now that it's almost boring.

We need another forum-shattering implosion.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
But you can also see that it's pretty much impossible to have a serious conversation here.
That's what ResetEra exists for.

shosta

drama in the japan thread about 'blackface'
There are black Japanese people.
citation needed
每天生气

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
What serious conversations are you dying to have on Internet forums? :eyeroll
dur

Raist

This place is different. It's loose and rude, but it seems like people mostly like each other (deep down, maybe?).

Oh no, no, we fucking hate each others' guts.

jorma

They are obviously not interested in balance. Your stance is only likely to get a reaction like "we don't need any more of this both sides bullshit". And Smoky is a well known disruptive troublemaker and alt right nazi sympathiser and he would be banned on sight because his first post would be reported by every single "personality" on that forum.

shosta

Quote from: Huelen
Are there really that few people like me who believe there is a god, believe in god, and do not believe in an after life?
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Huelen

seagrams hotsauce

I wish TerrisUs would find RE

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
drama in the japan thread about 'blackface'
There are black Japanese people.
citation needed

There are (half-black people, for example), but sprsks should know better here.  Just ignorance on the part of the comedians who did this, who probably also didn't think that this would be offensive to others, because...well...Japan.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japan-era-ot-we-all-%E3%81%8A%E7%AE%B8%E4%B8%8A%E6%89%8B-and-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%83%9A%E3%83%A9%E3%83%9A%E3%83%A9-in-here.1621/page-4
Quote from: hashtagrekt, post: 2822123, member: 9768
This user is warned for this post: Defending practice of racism even if that practice stems from ignorance and not malice. Insulting the intelligence of fellow thread participants.

Because admitting that such ridiculous training as you call it should ever be used in an international context is frankly..not intelligent. Hence why Aizo was rightfully called out by the twitter people. And this whole convo is about foreigners in Japan trying to wrongfully do as such. Of which I am indeed a foreigner. But definitely not of the ilk that would push their opinions on a culture. Calling hama-chan ignorant is flagrantly stupid.

Quote from: hashtagrekt, post: 2822559, member: 9768

lol at sprsk reporting me, a black man, for defending racism..lawd

ど助平