Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!  (Read 181083 times)

Re: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!
« Reply #1020 on: June 04, 2010, 02:31:38 PM »
Ok, so I hate Grand Theft Auto. Would I like this game?
野球

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1021 on: June 04, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
I'm not a big Grand Theft Auto fan. I didn't even finish the only two titles in the series I somewhat enjoyed for small amounts of time (GTA III and Vice City). I absolutely love this game. Free roam is more fun than it deserves to be, although I don't know why there aren't Diablo-style COOP missions out of the box.
PSP

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1022 on: June 05, 2010, 05:09:02 PM »
Game honestly feels very similar to me as GTA 4. Especially as I play more. I think its a more refined game. It's an improvement over GTA 4. Especially in the "extra" stuff. But honestly the main difference for me is simply setting. (And probably that the extra stuff is more fun and interesting). Gunplay is a bit better also which makes the combat portions of the game more fun. Especially the red eye stuff which makes what could be frustrating much more tolerable.

It's a big map. You go to each letter. They give you a mission and you go do it. Now mechanically driving around a city is way different than riding your horse around but in structure its very much the same as every GTA game before it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:13:24 PM by Stoney Mason »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1023 on: June 05, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
I got stuck in a death loop just then on multiplayer, some dude named WEX O kept killing me even after I told him to stop

i did not instigate this, although i will cop to asking him to stop thusly:  "LEAVE ME ALONE YOU PIECE OF SHIT"

"it's part of the game"

"YOU SEE ME TRYING TO LEAVE JUST BACK THE FUCK OFF"

:lol no more public free roam without a posse
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1024 on: June 05, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »
Game honestly feels very similar to me as GTA 4. Especially as I play more. I think its a more refined game. It's an improvement over GTA 4. Especially in the "extra" stuff. But honestly the main difference for me is simply setting. (And probably that the extra stuff is more fun and interesting). Gunplay is a bit better also which makes the combat portions of the game more fun. Especially the red eye stuff which makes what could be frustrating much more tolerable.

It's a big map. You go to each letter. They give you a mission and you go do it. Now mechanically driving around a city is way different than riding your horse around but in structure its very much the same as every GTA game before it.

The setting and the random encounters out in the desert are the huge improvements for me. Not that I don't mind a good urban gangster plot device* but running around in the old west is a great refresher. It's thematically fun!

* :bow Saints Row 2 :bow2

Certainly valid. I don't like Saints Row 2 as much as most but that's mainly because the extra stuff in open world games really isn't my cup of tea. Where I think RDR does a really good job is sort of intergarating that extra stuff right into the normal flow of gameplay so it almost feels like a real part of the game. They script it really well.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1025 on: June 05, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »

got 100%! Just a couple more achievements to mop up in single player now.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1026 on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
so i did a gang hideout, and one of the banditos hit me in the leg with a throwing knife

it was still sticking out afterwards, that was pretty cool
sup

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1027 on: June 05, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
I'm sorry I quit, a female called and she took precedent over the throwing knife horse feud RoboJ and I were engaged in.

HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING
AMC

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1028 on: June 06, 2010, 12:39:16 AM »
Had the good luck to encounter Sceneman, Eel, and Robo J in Free Roam today; had the bad luck to have the crappiest connection issues ever in trying to join and stay. I was kicked from the Free Roam session "due to connection issues with other members" over a half dozen times.

Yesterday was my first online RDR session, and it was buttery smooth. Today: utter crapfest. Kicked out of sessions, allowed in session, kicked when teleporting to posse leader, kicked when catching up with posse mid-gang hideout, knocked out by a mis-instanced carriage which was spazzing out, spinning around hopping up in the air and trying to resolve itself across each posse member's game world... I'm so happy that yesterday was smooth, or I would not have even TRIED multiplayer again until another patch comes out.

When it works, it's like god's own western movie, when it doesn't work, it's like noticing how shit the scenery is in a high school drama production.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1029 on: June 06, 2010, 12:48:46 AM »
Ugh. When the jank rears its head its ugly. Had a situation where I was trying to capture a bounty but my character wouldn't pick up him and instead would pick up an invisible person when I tried to pick up the hog tied prisoner. Wouldn't let me pick him up at all so I had to blow the bounty because of that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:50:31 AM by Stoney Mason »

Robo

« Reply #1030 on: June 06, 2010, 12:53:08 AM »
Yeah, sorry I left abruptly.  I think whenever that other guy cleared the mission he was working on, it did a screen wipe and locked up the game for me.  Since it was so late, I just decided to call it quits.
obo

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1031 on: June 06, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »
gang shootouts are absolutely worthless

they placed better weapons to find in crates on the maps, which makes the matches lopsided as hell once the other side claims all the good weapons

of course you are going to kill me every time if you have a high-powered pistol versus my cattleman revolver, you can squeeze off an entire clip by the time i've fired my second shot, especially with casual aiming

ugh, who the hell at rockstar thought that was a good idea?  everyone should have the same pistol and rifle

i saw through that bullshit pretty early and left the match, then i got kicked from the free roam, but i gave not the fucks because only an idiot sits there just to be mown down again and again

sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1032 on: June 06, 2010, 01:17:01 AM »
Just ran into another stupid situation where I went to rescue a guy who was wrongfully being hanged. Of course in an actual game mission in the exact same situation I just ran up to the person and it gave me the option to cut them down.

But in this side mission it didn't or I couldn't get it to trigger. I think I was supposed to shoot him down. But it gave me very little time to realize that and he died I as ran around the body trying to trigger the cut down option like it had taught me to do in an earlier mission.

It's the little things like that that annoy the fuck out of me. Bad game design.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1033 on: June 06, 2010, 05:32:16 AM »
Just ran into another stupid situation where I went to rescue a guy who was wrongfully being hanged. Of course in an actual game mission in the exact same situation I just ran up to the person and it gave me the option to cut them down.

But in this side mission it didn't or I couldn't get it to trigger. I think I was supposed to shoot him down. But it gave me very little time to realize that and he died I as ran around the body trying to trigger the cut down option like it had taught me to do in an earlier mission.

It's the little things like that that annoy the fuck out of me. Bad game design.
Huh. I thought you had to shoot out the rope every time; basically it will blow through whatever dead-eye time you have, just to line up the rope, and hopefully get a few of the lynch mob as well.
Yeah, sorry I left abruptly.  I think whenever that other guy cleared the mission he was working on, it did a screen wipe and locked up the game for me.  Since it was so late, I just decided to call it quits.
No problemo. The guy who joined us was being a showboating loudmouth, and it was watering down my enjoyment anyway. And it kicked me out as well, with no experience when he finished that hideout.  :maf

pollo

« Reply #1034 on: June 06, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »
gang shootouts are absolutely worthless

they placed better weapons to find in crates on the maps, which makes the matches lopsided as hell once the other side claims all the good weapons

of course you are going to kill me every time if you have a high-powered pistol versus my cattleman revolver, you can squeeze off an entire clip by the time i've fired my second shot, especially with casual aiming

ugh, who the hell at rockstar thought that was a good idea?  everyone should have the same pistol and rifle

i saw through that bullshit pretty early and left the match, then i got kicked from the free roam, but i gave not the fucks because only an idiot sits there just to be mown down again and again

Hardcore Gang Matches is what i do, everything is locked into expert aiming.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1035 on: June 06, 2010, 09:20:26 AM »
that's a little better, but i'd still prefer it if everyone kept the same loadout, the game weapons really aren't balanced for multiplayer
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1036 on: June 06, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »
Huh. I thought you had to shoot out the rope every time; basically it will blow through whatever dead-eye time you have, just to line up the rope, and hopefully get a few of the lynch mob as well.

That is probably what you have to do but in the
spoiler (click to show/hide)
bonnie hanging mission which I had just done before all I had to do was approach the body and a prompt appeared to cut her down.  (or maybe it just directly went to a cutscene of him cutting her down) I hate it when a game has two examples of how to do something because I thought I was supposed to do exactly what I did in the bonnie mission.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:50:42 PM by Stoney Mason »

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1037 on: June 06, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
I shot her down, because I'm kind of a badass. But - hey! - it's cool that you were going to let her hang until you could casually make it to the rope.*

* you sick fuck!
[close]
PSP

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1038 on: June 06, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
Bitch shoulda put out first.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1039 on: June 06, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »
This game rocks.

Along with Mass Effect 2, this is another GOTY type game for me.

cool breeze

« Reply #1040 on: June 06, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
Bitch shoulda put out first.

you're a married man!

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1041 on: June 06, 2010, 02:15:54 PM »
Marston don't love them hoes.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1042 on: June 06, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
Hmmm... Tried the MP but I didn't understand it. How do I just do regular team based modes like Team Deathmatch and such?

pollo

« Reply #1043 on: June 06, 2010, 04:02:58 PM »
that's a little better, but i'd still prefer it if everyone kept the same loadout, the game weapons really aren't balanced for multiplayer

Meh weapons are pretty balanced -- I see no problem with them. Everyone starts off with the same weapons per match; I think what you start with is randomized each time.

Just know where the weapons are in the maps and you'll be fine. I've had no problems with multiplayer at all.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1044 on: June 06, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »

That is probably what you have to do but in the
bonnie hanging mission which I had just done before all I had to do was approach the body and a prompt appeared to cut her down.  (or maybe it just directly went to a cutscene of him cutting her down) I hate it when a game has two examples of how to do something because I thought I was supposed to do exactly what I did in the bonnie mission.
[close]

Ah, interesting. I started that mission last night, got to the sequence you mention, and having rescued one random encounter successfully, and lost another because I couldn't shoot the rope fast enough, I made a foolish charge at the gallows and ended up RED DEAD.

After that, I was invited into multiplayer by A Slime Appears, and we found out that private Free Roam (a) doesn't disconnect me randomly and (b) gives experience for gang hideouts at least. I thought their MP model treated private matches like Player Matches, but apparently not. Yippee kay ay!

pollo

« Reply #1045 on: June 06, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »
Fuck, i think my box is on it's last legs. Keeps crashing maybe 4 or 5 matches in.

Was doing a bag match in tumbleweed...had 2 captures, then damn thing just crashed all of a sudden

So frustrating.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1046 on: June 06, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
Mexico missions are pretty dull so far.

The only thing I spend money on is buying houses or renting spots. I don't feel the need to use anything other than the rifle. I'll pull out the pistol in closed quarters but I haven't felt yet that I need to buy arms.

Since money hasn't been an issue, there hasn't been a need to bother with getting and selling animal skins. It's a waste of time at this point.
©ZH

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1047 on: June 06, 2010, 11:01:12 PM »
So I was on my alt Xbox account and decided to use a month Gold card I've had forever, start another multi character for the hell of it, and to see how bad it's gotten for newcomers playing alone

The griefing, oh god the griefing when you are level one and alone (i was laughing about it, but this game is gonna be deader than hell if they don't do a little something about that pretty soon - maybe patch it so level ones at least start out with a couple more weapons to defend themselves with)

So I hopped over to private match and quick-leveled up to level 7 off a few gang hideouts (you can keep doing Twin Rocks over and over and level up pretty fast)

i figured level 7 was low enough that the higher-level bully posses would still try to fuck with me, and sure enough not long after i joined a public free roam some dudes took the bait, inviting me to their posse just to kill me from a rooftop when i teleported in, and then immediately kicking me out of their posse

luckily i respawned behind a hill so they couldn't catch me in a death loop, then hopped on my horse and circled around to a hilltop a good bit away from them

what they didn't know is that i had gathered a bunch of special weapons from the gang hideouts i'd done in private free roam, including the carcano sniper rifle

so i parked myself behind a rock overlooking their perch, and proceeded to light their asses up until i'd emptied my gun, paying special attention to the douche (iNfeSTATioN, or something) who'd invited me to their little ambush

every time i saw his name pop up i'd shoot just under it (i was so far away i could barely see him) and watch the 10xp pop up

eventually, because all bullies are pussies at heart and can't take what they dish out, they all started voting to kick me, so i left of my own accord before they could get the satisfaction

i think i'm going to be an angel of death from now on when i play alone, anytime i see a low-level player being spawn-camped on by a bunch of shitfucks i will bring a special hell to them if i am able
sup

pollo

« Reply #1048 on: June 06, 2010, 11:07:26 PM »
This game's so fun.  :lol

My friends are over getting into posse wars though =/. It's just me playing veteran team gang matches.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1049 on: June 06, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
i think i am addicted to it even though it is kind of an empty experience
sup

pollo

« Reply #1050 on: June 06, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
They're all waiting for the coop update.

I really want a reason to play free roam, but it aint fun without a posse.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1051 on: June 07, 2010, 12:27:32 AM »
So I was on my alt Xbox account and decided to use a month Gold card I've had forever, start another multi character for the hell of it, and to see how bad it's gotten for newcomers playing alone

The griefing, oh god the griefing when you are level one and alone (i was laughing about it, but this game is gonna be deader than hell if they don't do a little something about that pretty soon - maybe patch it so level ones at least start out with a couple more weapons to defend themselves with)

So I hopped over to private match and quick-leveled up to level 7 off a few gang hideouts (you can keep doing Twin Rocks over and over and level up pretty fast)

i figured level 7 was low enough that the higher-level bully posses would still try to fuck with me, and sure enough not long after i joined a public free roam some dudes took the bait, inviting me to their posse just to kill me from a rooftop when i teleported in, and then immediately kicking me out of their posse

luckily i respawned behind a hill so they couldn't catch me in a death loop, then hopped on my horse and circled around to a hilltop a good bit away from them

what they didn't know is that i had gathered a bunch of special weapons from the gang hideouts i'd done in private free roam, including the carcano sniper rifle

so i parked myself behind a rock overlooking their perch, and proceeded to light their asses up until i'd emptied my gun, paying special attention to the douche (iNfeSTATioN, or something) who'd invited me to their little ambush

every time i saw his name pop up i'd shoot just under it (i was so far away i could barely see him) and watch the 10xp pop up

eventually, because all bullies are pussies at heart and can't take what they dish out, they all started voting to kick me, so i left of my own accord before they could get the satisfaction

i think i'm going to be an angel of death from now on when i play alone, anytime i see a low-level player being spawn-camped on by a bunch of shitfucks i will bring a special hell to them if i am able
I loved this story. Real talk. You should have invited one of them to your posse. Let them talk amongst themselves about how to try and work it into a trap and continue to mess with them.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1052 on: June 07, 2010, 01:21:39 AM »
So, this whole "death loop" problem, what prevents a player from using Select/Back to bring up the Free Roam menu, and leave the posse? Wouldn't they start spawning somewhere else after the next death?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1053 on: June 07, 2010, 02:12:53 AM »
when someone kills you, you spawn pretty close to where you died, and you're always unprepared while your killer pretty much gets a free shot

even worse when there's a gang of them surrounding you, you'll never get away unless you just jump to another free roam

sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1054 on: June 07, 2010, 02:48:56 AM »
I got really lucky on Saturday, then. That kinda-mouthy Aussie that joined Robo J, Sceneman, you, and I yesterday was the first guy I ran into in my first multiplayer session. He was pretty good natured, and we ran around doing gang hideouts until I was level 5 or 6.

I know it would spawn you close to your posse if you die, but if you're no longer part of that posse, it should spawn you randomly, potentially a long distance away. All kinds of crap happens while checking the Start Menu or Free Roam Menu. I mean, Sceneman was busy demonstrating his mature personality by running me down with his horse repeatedly while I tried to check the map, but his horseplay (:teehee) didn't prevent me from using the menu; so what if a couple lameasses get a kill or two?

Robo

« Reply #1055 on: June 07, 2010, 11:13:33 AM »
I dunno about random spawn --I could see that being very annoying if you happen to die accidentally, but if you get killed a whole bunch of times in rapid succession, the game should just stop for a moment and ask if you'd like to teleport to town or something before it puts you back on the map.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:15:29 AM by RoboJ »
obo

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1056 on: June 07, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »
Hey I have a few questions..

I just got the mission to go to that one thieves town where the dude is going to cheat on his wife and you can either encourage him by giving him 15 bucks to get a hooker or try to persuade him not to.  I gave him 15 bucks.  I lost 50 honor and then in my journal it says it's on hold but it doesn't tell me what else I need.  Is this a glitch or what?

Second, can someone explain how to duel in this to me?  I didn't really know what i was doing so the first two times I just moved my cursor around and it automatically marked him with x's and then I pressed the right trigger and I won.  The third time it didn't mark him with shit and what the fuck.  Same with when I'm hunting.  sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1057 on: June 07, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
1.  That is an ongoing side mission, you will see another ? pop up on the map when it's time to continue it

2.  The X flashes white and that's where you're supposed to match your shots, but I have only lost one duel the entire time I've played and I just spam mark the person I'm dueling, so I don't think accuracy is that crucial
sup

Robo

« Reply #1058 on: June 07, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
Duels just seem to be an opportunity to get more fame by shooting people in fancy ways.  You seem to get a lot more if you disarm them or shoot off their hat, but it might just be entirely based on the guy you're dueling with.

I only ever kill them if they catch me cheating at poker and I hate the way they play, like that fucker in Armadillo with the white hat that raises all the time prior to the flop when most of the time his hand is terrible.
obo

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1059 on: June 07, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »
 :lol

How do you cheat at poker in the game?  I try not to kill anyone in the game.  I do hogtie a lot of people and let trains kill them though. 

That religious nutcase pissed me off when I brought her the medicine and she said god saved her.  So then I hogtied her, threw her on the horse and took her to armadillo and threw her outside the doctor.

Robo

« Reply #1060 on: June 07, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »
There's an outfit that you can buy from the tailor in Thieves' Landing lets you draw a card from the bottom of the deck when it's your turn to deal.
obo

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1061 on: June 07, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »
"Your honor, I don't kill people.  I just tie them up and throw them on the tracks.  The trains kill them.  I am but an innocent in this whole sordid trial.  Perhaps the Union Pacific conductors should be standing before you instead?"
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1062 on: June 07, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
Quote from: Rob Thomas link=topic=30108.msg1137437#msg1137437
That religious nutcase pissed me off when I brought her the medicine and she said god saved her.  So then I hogtied her, threw her on the horse and took her to armadillo and threw her outside the doctor.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1063 on: June 07, 2010, 12:25:49 PM »
I enjoy hogtying people and dumping them in bodies of water. :lol
PSP

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1064 on: June 07, 2010, 02:27:31 PM »
There's an outfit that you can buy from the tailor in Thieves' Landing lets you draw a card from the bottom of the deck when it's your turn to deal.
oooh.  i'll pick it up tonight.

"Your honor, I don't kill people.  I just tie them up and throw them on the tracks.  The trains kill them.  I am but an innocent in this whole sordid trial.  Perhaps the Union Pacific conductors should be standing before you instead?"
:lol :lol :lol

Everytime I see someone getting hanged or robbed and I'm supposed to save them I always go nuts and start firing away and accidentally kill them or I fail to save them in time.

But yesterday afternoon I went and retrieved a stolen wagon for this dude and I come back and hop on my horse while he's thanking me and then BAM a cougar attacks him and kills him.  I was rofling for a while after that.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1065 on: June 07, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
I enjoy hogtying people and dumping them in bodies of water. :lol
haha  I always go looking for coyotes but I haven't been able to find them when I have a person tied up and ready.

drew

• sy
« Reply #1066 on: June 07, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
just played free roam for the first time, ended up following this guy around who was doing solo gang missions, when i tried to help him he just killed me, so i followed him constantly killing him and beating his gang missions, got up to about level 4 in half an hour :lol

oh and btw i set the saturation back down to default, i found that when you bump it up, while it may make the colors look better it starts to look like a cartoon rather than a realistic wild west and you dont get as much of the detail

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1067 on: June 07, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
So the treasure hunter maps. Am I just supposed to look at the map and recognize that as a place in the game world? Seems difficult.

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #1068 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »
Broke my first horse last night. :rock

That religious nutcase pissed me off when I brought her the medicine and she said god saved her.  So then I hogtied her, threw her on the horse and took her to armadillo and threw her outside the doctor.

As an aside to all this hogtie talk, is there any point to capturing any of the random baddies alive? I roped one and took him back to the Sherriff's office, but there didn't seem to be any special spot or reward for dumping his ass there.
fek

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1069 on: June 07, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
@ Stoney: It's not too hard.... Tips for the first treasure If you want 'em:
look closely at the map for distinguising features (man made stuff). Did you find anything interesting? Is there a place name on the main map which fits the description?
[close]

I had some big time lulz doing solo free roam last night. I was up at El Presidio, grinding kills with the cannons for an achievement. A distinguished mentally-challenged fellow posse came up the main road, blew like 3 of them up, and they were screaming "watch out! This guys real bad!" etc.

Then a mysterious level 50 player came up behind me. He just stood there for a minute. We were staring at each other. I then did a circuit around El Presidio, he followed me the whole way. No one said anything. I went back to my cannon to keep killiing mexicans. He then stands behind me and pulls out a stick of TNT. He holds it until it explodes, killing both of us. What a loon!

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1070 on: June 07, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »
As an aside to all this hogtie talk, is there any point to capturing any of the random baddies alive? I roped one and took him back to the Sherriff's office, but there didn't seem to be any special spot or reward for dumping his ass there.

I think it only works for the actual bounty hunter missions but some one will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

Robo

« Reply #1071 on: June 07, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
Then a mysterious level 50 player came up behind me. He just stood there for a minute. We were staring at each other. I then did a circuit around El Presidio, he followed me the whole way. No one said anything. I went back to my cannon to keep killiing mexicans. He then stands behind me and pulls out a stick of TNT. He holds it until it explodes, killing both of us. What a loon!

:lol  that's awesome.
obo

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1072 on: June 07, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »
yeah I did laugh, it was pretty sweet  :lol

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1073 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
look closely at the map for distinguising features (man made stuff). Did you find anything interesting? Is there a place name on the main map which fits the description?
[close]

Thx. I'll give it a try.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1074 on: June 07, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »

I think it only works for the actual bounty hunter missions but some one will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.
I think that's correct.  At least so far.  When people get robbed you can bring the bad guy back for them but they usually just kick them in the head and shit.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1075 on: June 07, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »
Just had another stupid situation where a random guy came up to me to try to get his horse back that had been stolen. So I called my horse and got on it and by accident clipped him with my horse since they are a little hard to maneuver and I failed the mission because I "assaulted" him.

So many little fiddly janky annoying things like that happen in the game.
 >:(

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1076 on: June 07, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »
yeah, just put a bullet in random bandits and leave them in the desert for the coyotes, there's no reward/perk/etc.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1077 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
[close]

I had some big time lulz doing solo free roam last night. I was up at El Presidio, grinding kills with the cannons for an achievement. A distinguished mentally-challenged fellow posse came up the main road, blew like 3 of them up, and they were screaming "watch out! This guys real bad!" etc.

I had a high-level dude cross a vast area in a straight line to where I was, so thinking he was trying to kill me I immediately started shooting at him and killed his horse.

"WHOA WHOA WHOA I just want to talk," he said, so I apologized and told him I assume anyone approaching me has murder in mind. 

"Let me give you a better horse to ride," he says, then gets off his fresh mount, offering it to me.  Then he picked some flowers, whistled for another horse for himself, and rode off into the sunset without another word. 

friendliest cowpoke i have met so far, he was like a fucking roy rogers :lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:29:57 PM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1078 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
Which gives me an idea!

Next time we posse up, we should all sing cowboy songs as we pass other people in the Free Roam, I do believe that would be awesome.
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1079 on: June 07, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
:rofl what a champ!

Yeah I was thinking about getting into the whole cowboy mindset. Like how some WoW players talk in ye olde fantasy speak, we can ride around saying partner, varmint, yeehaw etc.