Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!  (Read 181093 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!
« Reply #1680 on: October 05, 2010, 12:03:46 AM »
It's not that I don't like it or anything. It was just a weird "huh... the game keeps going eh?" moment for me.
Yeah, you've got a little bit to go. There are still story missions spawning, so you know this isn't the end yet. And even after it seems over, it's not entirely finished. Which in itself is ironic, considering John's history and goals.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1681 on: October 05, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
so is this zombie thing going to be a mode? like i load up zombie mode and the world turns into dead rising
spoiler (click to show/hide)
but better?
[close]

nat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1682 on: October 05, 2010, 01:42:39 AM »
it's a separate adventure you start from the main menu
sup

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #1683 on: October 05, 2010, 01:48:14 AM »
Ithink it may just be a 'dream' or something

Screenshots have a zombie Abagail, which is either the bestest multiplayer model or a sign that it's non-canon, for sure
[close]
wha

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1684 on: October 05, 2010, 10:19:21 AM »

Screenshots have a zombie Abagail, which is either the bestest multiplayer model or a sign that it's non-canon, for sure
[close]
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

GilloD

« Reply #1685 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »
EMerson was kind of an asshole. The speech that that line comes from is all like WHO CARES IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY, FUCK EM
wha

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1686 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
A foolish commitment to my family is the hobgoblin of this little mind.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1687 on: October 06, 2010, 08:47:45 AM »
Oh. I see why the game didn't end now.

:'(
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1688 on: October 06, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »
Good ending though; did you see the credits? The game's not entirely over until the credits roll.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1689 on: October 06, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
Credits? Didn't see any credits.
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1690 on: October 06, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »
I think the 10 minute public enemy achievement is my new favourite of all time. Not because it's a particularly good achievement, but because it's funny to make people rrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaage when you ruin their attempts at it.
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1691 on: October 06, 2010, 06:50:02 PM »
Credits? Didn't see any credits.
Then there's somethin' left fer ya to do.
I think the 10 minute public enemy achievement is my new favourite of all time. Not because it's a particularly good achievement, but because it's funny to make people rrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaage when you ruin their attempts at it.
Yeah, and it doesn't even count as griefing, because the game is also counting the number of Public Enemies you kill, PEs you kill /while/ a PE, etc.

GilloD

« Reply #1692 on: October 06, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »

Let's do this one. There's like no one on Free Roam at night :( Although last night some dude and I ran Pike's Basin like 15 times. By the end it was like a Rainbow Six game- Totally choreographed, surigical precision strike. It was hilarious.
wha

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1693 on: October 06, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »
Me and Chronovore are very experienced gunslingers, each with 100+ hours clocked in multi.

You want to posse up and ride with us, trust me.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1694 on: October 06, 2010, 07:40:38 PM »
I hopped on Free Roam at like 2am last night and it was pretty busy. Also finally finished that pain in the ass online co-op mission with the mexican army.
zzzzz

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1695 on: October 06, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
i got my "remorseless" title by splitting the skulls of punks trying to ruin my wanted streak
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1696 on: October 06, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
still haven't gotten my "wild bunch" title, though, because no one will listen to me
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1697 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »
I'm your huckleberry, Eel. Scenester and I will be on this weekend; let's run the joint.

GilloD and hop in, but if he can't join let's all text him: "please understand."

Does Wild Bunch need the full 8 person posse, or is it just "all members" -- so even 2 peeps can manage?

RDR is the #10 played game on XBL right now, according to majornelson.com; that's still a lot of people playing this, worldwide, around the clock. The Oceania and Asia timezone may not be the most busy, but there's a lot of overlap with Greenwich if you stay up late. I can't figure out why I never see Jinfash on, even though the middle east timezone should, you know, theoretically pop up between the GMT 0 and nippon timezones.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1698 on: October 06, 2010, 10:33:58 PM »
it's any amount of posse members, if i recall correctly

i'm in, i have set aside this weekend as a "do nothing and play games" weekend
sup

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1699 on: October 06, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
If I wanted to buy this today, would I be totally screwed if I didn't buy all the DLC?

You don't even have to touch the MP. I only really played the SP and its still easily a GOTY contender from that part alone.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1700 on: October 06, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »
If I wanted to buy this today, would I be totally screwed if I didn't buy all the DLC?

You don't even have to touch the MP. I only really played the SP and its still easily a GOTY contender from that part alone.

Well, let's say I wanted to touch the Multiplayer (I liked the MP in GTA4) will I have a hard time playing without the DLC?

Can't answer that. One of the other guys who play MP I sure will be able to.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1701 on: October 07, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
Not screwed at all.
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1702 on: October 07, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »
No problem at all. You won't be missing out on a whole lot; the game is rife with MP content from the get-go. Pretty sure I had 40 hours in MP before any DLC dropped, and I was far from bored.

There are lots more players in the non-DLC Free Roams and competitive games, and most of the hardcore maniac players are in the DLC ones, so it's better to start without anyway. You'll miss out on the tomahawk and explosive rifle, and the new, questionably designed Gang Hideouts. The competitive maps for Thieves Landing and Blackwater are DLC-exclusive, but that's not a huge loss. MP Gambling is DLC-only. Your MP avatar is "limited" to 96 different characters, and I've stuck with my vanilla-RDR model despite having access to all the new ones.

GilloD

« Reply #1703 on: October 07, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »
Please note it is still possible to get fucking blown to smithereens by someone with the explosive rifle. I did!
wha

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1704 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »
On that note, it is also possible in common Free Roam to have a tomahawk lodged in your previously smooth forehead by someone who has Legends and Killers DLC.

I loves me my tomahawk.

Cravis

« Reply #1705 on: October 08, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
would be sweet if it acted as a sequel. Have John rise from his grave to stop the zombie outbreak then once his mission is accomplished he must pass on to the other side.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1706 on: October 12, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »
this is what van helsing would have looked like in the movie if the movie hadn't sucked and the character wasn't played by a giant pussy:

second official trailer released tomorrow, probably going to announce the release date (they'll be dropping all kinds of balls if it isn't out before halloween)
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1707 on: October 12, 2010, 08:13:42 PM »
Sceneman's been saying the 26th, hasn't he?

Hey, man, where did you hear that date?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1709 on: October 13, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
hmm, no date

i don't think this is gonna hit before halloween
sup

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1710 on: October 13, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
:hyper
SRY

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1711 on: October 13, 2010, 02:59:25 PM »
Sceneman's been saying the 26th, hasn't he?

Hey, man, where did you hear that date?

I'm positive I read it somewhere on the official RDR news blog, but I cant find it now... hmm. Guess we cant be certain of a date. I mean I've got a pretty good memory and I'd have no reason to pull the date 26th out of my ass,but yeah I dunno. I'm confused.

That new trailer is awesome, cant wait for this.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1712 on: October 14, 2010, 12:02:36 AM »
LOOKS
SO
GOOD
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1713 on: October 14, 2010, 04:40:06 AM »
Yeah, no doubt. I've spent time in the game just watching the sun come up over the hills. Truly an accomplishment in environment depiction. Being a west coast lad, sometimes I get pretty homesick looking at the game. It looks a lot like Pearblossom, or the San Bernadino Mountains.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1714 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »
glad i didn't bet money on it

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/10601/undead_nightmare_is_coming_october_26th.article

well, i know what i am doing on halloween
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1715 on: October 14, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
from vg247

Rockstar has announced extra details on Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption, along with a stand-alone DLC retail disc.

First up, the Undead Nightmare Pack will feature four zombie classes, each “possessing unique characteristics, attacks, and defenses. There will be some mythical creatures roaming the frontier, alongside zombie cougars, bears, wolves and many more”.

To kill the denizens of the undead,  you must use non-traditional weaponry. Thankfully, you can use the the new Blunderbuss, which can be loaded with looted remains of fallen zombies. The Tomahawk and the Explosive Rifleare also back, and will be available exclusively for those who downloaded the Legends and Killers Pack and the Liars and Cheats Pack.

Undead Nightmare also features: “new challenges, quests, and ambient events, including Missing Persons, where the player must find a missing survivor lost amongst the throngs of undead”.

New competitive multiplayer and multiplayer free roam content has also been added, and includes: Undead Overrun, a “brand new multiplayer survival mode where waves of infected attack and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds”.

Also coming soon, Undead Nightmare which is a single, stand-alone disc bundling together the Undead Nightmare Pack,the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date.

The disc also includes additional multiplayer via the new Graveyard Mode. It’s a survival mode where “waves of infected enemies attack” and players must work together to stay alive against increasingly difficult odds.

Sounds a bit like Undead Overrun.

Undead Nightmare will be available at retail stores everywhere for $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 and does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to play. No date yet, just “coming soon”.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available on Xbox Live and PSN for 800 MSP/ $9.99/£7.99/€9.99 on October 26 and does require the disc, of course.
cat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1716 on: October 14, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »
I've enjoyed playing every moment of RDR (OK, maybe not the every-last-buffalo and USD5000-pardon-letter-used 'cheevs), and have had a blast. But I'm a bit cheesed off at extra bonuses being put in retail versions of the DLC that Rockstar has done TWICE now.

The Tales from Liberty City two-pack had an '80s station that wasn't in the original DLC. I can only blame my own weakness for '80s music that I was tempted to double-dip, but it just seemed utterly foolish in the end.

I'm pretty sure that extra mode, which sounds a lot like the main mode, will not be something I need to play, and if it's truly limited to the retail disc version of the content, there won't be anyone playing it anyway...

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1717 on: October 14, 2010, 08:14:30 PM »
so like this zombie thing is single player too? may get it
nat

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1718 on: October 14, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
It's mostly singleplayer.
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1719 on: October 14, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
Oh, and yeah, holding shit from DLC is fucked. Super fucked. The fuck is wrong with this generation sometimes?
zzzzz

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1720 on: October 14, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
I wonder if the 360 version of the disc will include the Solomon's Folly hideout?
sup

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1721 on: October 14, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »
Oh, and yeah, holding shit from DLC is fucked. Super fucked. The fuck is wrong with this generation sometimes?

:patel
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #1722 on: October 14, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
wait, the zombie thing is like an expansion pack?

I really need to go out and buy points.  At least this + Alan Wake DLC + Costume Quest qualifies me for that promo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1723 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:28 PM »

I can almost see it with the '80s station thing, because it's a wad of sound content -- but the Ballad of Gay Tony DLC is already 1GB+ and the audio is probably less than 1/10th of that.

I've heard people bitch about the "new" multiplayer maps just being existing locations, but they always seem to fail to notice that the place has been worked up around the new gameplay: passages locked or unlocked, weapon placement, and commonly adding modes to it as well. It's not new polygons and textures, but it IS new gameplay.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1724 on: October 15, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »
i may actually get the standalone 360 disc but the release date for that is still unknown :\
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1725 on: October 15, 2010, 12:43:11 AM »
People will still be playing, no worries.

Cravis

« Reply #1726 on: October 15, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1727 on: October 26, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »
So Undead Nightmare is out, played a little just now.  The SP is pretty campy, but a lot of fun so far.  The MP Mode, Undead Overrun, is a blast.  They pretty much swamp you with zombies, some are fast and skitter around on all fours, some explode, some are chargers who will knock you down. Some crawl out of the ground so you're always surrounded.  Made it to wave seven (I think there are 15 waves in each graveyard).  You get special ammo and weapons.  You get pretty panicked about midway through :lol
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1728 on: October 26, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »
Friendly Free Roam still allows horse-killing, and dynamite/fire bottles still knock you off your feet, so that's the way the griefers are working around not be able to kill you now.
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1729 on: October 26, 2010, 04:13:04 PM »
Sweet! Getting Undead Nightmare when I get home. Need something to get me away from Gaylo Reacharound  :-\

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1730 on: October 26, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »
I'll pick it up someweres down the line when it's cheap. It's a pain in the ass to get DLC for PS3. Wish I got it on 360.
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1731 on: October 26, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »
Buy the disc for $30, comes out on Nov. 23 and has Undead Nightmare, the other 2 DLC packs, and all the multi Free Roam stuff - it's stand alone, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Redemption-Nightmare-Playstation-3/dp/B004918C4M
sup

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1732 on: October 26, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »
Buy the disc for $30, comes out on Nov. 23 and has Undead Nightmare, the other 2 DLC packs, and all the multi Free Roam stuff - it's stand alone, too:

Would you consider this value better than just getting RDR atm?
SRY

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1733 on: October 26, 2010, 05:03:38 PM »

What the fuck, they're selling DLC as full stand alone shit? How long exactly is Nightmare?

Also I don't play RDR online, or never have actually, is it still worth it?
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1734 on: October 26, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »

it's a toss-up, depends on how into multiplayer stuff you are, you can find the original for around $30 used now

SP portion of Undead is between 5-12 hours depending on if you do all the challenges and side quests
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1735 on: October 26, 2010, 05:41:45 PM »
How big is the undead nightmare download? My wussy little 20GB HDD is packed in to the maximum.

Chronovore you'd better be on this weekend to take down some zomboids with the Sceneman

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1736 on: October 26, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »
1.53 GB, and took me like 2 1/2 hours to download
sup

Stoney Mason

« Reply #1737 on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

This is how I will probably end up playing the nightmare episode.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1738 on: October 26, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »
I made the plunge and bought it on PS3. I hope theres a tutorial on how to play again or something because I haven't touched it since May and I can't remember a damn thing.
USA

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1739 on: October 26, 2010, 09:58:55 PM »

it's a toss-up, depends on how into multiplayer stuff you are, you can find the original for around $30 used now

SP portion of Undead is between 5-12 hours depending on if you do all the challenges and side quests

I'm speaking of strictly new purchases. I don't buy used games unless I can't find them new, so RDR is $60 to me. On that scale, which is a better value?
SRY