Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!  (Read 181108 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Red Dead Redemption screens, and trailer!
« Reply #1800 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »
I did.

You chose wisely.  :-\

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1801 on: February 12, 2011, 11:35:25 AM »
Keeeeeeeeeee-righst. I finally got enough money to buy the Explosive Rifle in singleplayer, and have been applying it in Gang Hideouts. It turns people into a fine, red mist.

I've used it in multi a number of times, but usually I don't get to hold onto the thing for very long.  :P

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1802 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »
Nearing the end of this one I think. Undead Nightmare I mean. Couple things I don't like about the gameplay formula that drag it down unfortunately. It's not bad. It just doesn't maintain how awesome you think its going to be when you first start playing.

Bebpo

« Reply #1803 on: March 03, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »
I checked out the Rockstar Social Games website for RDR and was pretty impressed.  The 100% screen that shows everything that goes toward the % and how much you've finished of each is really nice.  It's also cool to be able to check out your friends and see how much of the game they did.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:55:14 AM by Bebpo »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1804 on: March 04, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
It's glitched though. I did the 100%, got the Achievement, and it shows 99% on that screen.  :-\ Now no-one will know the size of my e-peen!  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1805 on: March 04, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »
I'll know!

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #1806 on: March 04, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »
Viva la mexico!

I have set foot on foreign land  :omg

While the first hour or two of the game gave the initial impression that it was just GTA in the west, that couldn't be more wrong.  At this point I can see how RDR was on so many GoTY lists and I can't quite disagree with them.  Definitely the best Rockstar game I've played and one of the most impressive sandbox environments ever. 

I took a look at the achievements finally and was a little bummed to see so many multiplayer achievements.  I thought maybe this would be like AC2 where if you really get into the SP and do all the missions & collect-a-thons you basically get 1000/1000.

The whole Mexico section felt weird to me. It's narratively inconsistent and John spends the whole chapter acting like a different character. That said, it also has some of the best moments. I love Abraham Reyes who can never remember Louisa's name. Good news is that the 3rd chapter is far and away the best
wha

Bebpo

« Reply #1807 on: March 04, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »
Cool.  Going to explore that land and get into it tonight :D

Bebpo

« Reply #1808 on: March 05, 2011, 01:13:14 AM »
Alright, going for the 100% stuff is a good way to stop liking the game!  Not doing that again :(  Wasted all night doing boring unfun grindy stuff.

Catching up on all the survival rank stuff SUCKS.  Collecting herbs is so boring and finding all the animals and collecting them is boring too.  All they had to do was make it so you could accomplish the tasks in any order and that way everytime you were in a new area and saw a new herb you could stop and collect a bunch.  It's distinguished mentally-challenged to have to collect herbs/kill animals you've already collected/killed but they didn't count because you did it before you hit that specific rank.

The other thing that was annoying was the mini-games.  I'll never be able to beat 6 matches in a row of five-finger fillet >_<  And I don't have the patience to play poker until every person has been knocked out of the table, jeez.

Will stick to the last few strangers missions & main story missions and call it a day.

Bebpo

« Reply #1809 on: March 05, 2011, 04:20:40 AM »
Need to find me some beavers and some boars so I can finish the Icarus wings mission and get my hunter rank to at least 5 so I can get that boar gun for the all guns cheev.

Getting there.  ~70% now with a dozen or so story missions to go.  I managed to win poker and liars dice so the only two mini-games I need are Five Finger & Arm Wrestling and I dunno about either.  Arm wrestling seems like it should be easy, but like every other goddamn mini-game in this game, the instructions are so poor I really have no idea how to play them.  I feel like the main game of RDR is genius, but the mini-games are all batshit stupid.  I've won like two dozen duels at this point and I still have no idea how they actually work :\

I really don't want to do the rest of the flower picking survival missions or all the bounties cause that stuff just feels like a time grind, so probably won't aim for 100%.  But gonna try to do everything else and be around 90%+ when I finish it in a day or two or three.

Also, snow mountain climb was cool.  All the missions in this game are pretty rad.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1810 on: March 05, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »
I'll know!
Thanks, boo.  :-*

Alright, going for the 100% stuff is a good way to stop liking the game!  Not doing that again :(  Wasted all night doing boring unfun grindy stuff.

Catching up on all the survival rank stuff SUCKS.  Collecting herbs is so boring and finding all the animals and collecting them is boring too.  All they had to do was make it so you could accomplish the tasks in any order and that way everytime you were in a new area and saw a new herb you could stop and collect a bunch.  It's distinguished mentally-challenged to have to collect herbs/kill animals you've already collected/killed but they didn't count because you did it before you hit that specific rank.

The other thing that was annoying was the mini-games.  I'll never be able to beat 6 matches in a row of five-finger fillet >_<  And I don't have the patience to play poker until every person has been knocked out of the table, jeez.

Will stick to the last few strangers missions & main story missions and call it a day.
The Survival Ranks blow chunks, it's true. And if you want them in Multiplayer, you have to do them again, but with griefers sniping you when you're gathering flowers.

Bebpo

« Reply #1811 on: March 05, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
I need to find a white stallion for this opiate is love stranger mission.  The problem is none of the achievement guides list the spawn areas for specific horse types.  wtfff.  I have no idea where to find this type of horse :\

Bebpo

« Reply #1812 on: March 05, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
Nm, found it and after 30 mins of attempts to horsebreak it, I am now the horsebreaking master.

Time to go find some cougars and knife fight them.

Bebpo

« Reply #1813 on: March 05, 2011, 06:54:32 PM »
Hmmm, maybe I will go for a 100%.  The only things stopping me are going to be hunting ranks 6-10 (boring waste of time trying to find dozens of animals), flower rank 7-10 (boring waste of time collecting flowers) and bounties (frustrating waste of time waiting for sheriff to put up the damn bounties).  All 3 are a timesink, so I'm going to beat the game first and then if I feel like I still want to run around the RDR for a few more days I guess I'll grind them out. 

The treasure hunter challenges were pretty fun.  Gave me a chance to explore some of the scenic areas I never really stopped to look around.  The world of RDR is so big and cool.  I wish there was more of it to explore!  I hope they make a RDR2 at some point.

Bebpo

« Reply #1814 on: March 06, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
Cleared the main story.  Doing epilogue stuff now.  Will probably finish epilogue up tomorrow.  The main story was good, but a lot of parts felt undeveloped.  Like the final mission was supposed to have all this emotion to it between John and Dutch but it just wasn't there. 

I still think Mexico was my favorite part of the game.  I liked the look of the area more than the foilage north and the characters in mexico were crazy, which I found entertaining  :lol  The first area story was good too, the final area felt too drama heavy and there just wasn't much land to explore or interesting characters.  It was just a bunch of shoot out missions and then it ended.  I still liked the last area, especially for the snow mountain and grizzly bears, but I felt it was the weakest of the three personally.  Although maybe the epilogue will make it better, it seems like there's quite a few missions left.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1815 on: March 06, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »
Don't get your hopes up; the epilogue is just a hop, skip, and jump away from the final credits rolling across your screen.

If you have even a little energy to complete the game to 100%, I recommend it. I felt really satisfied. Remember to quicksave your progress by using Horse Deeds from your kit, in case you get done in by a cougar or bear.

You may have to buy the territory maps from each of the shops to get "All Locations Found," and the plant stuff is SUPER easy if you use the survivalist maps. Actually, you can clear several ranks under one map if you fast travel between general regions. Survivalist Map + Fast Travel from Camp is really helpful when clearing the final level of Survivalist, which requires 2 of everything you've collected so far.

The animal "endgame" for Hunter is not boring; the legendary critters are tough.

Bebpo

« Reply #1816 on: March 09, 2011, 04:14:38 AM »
Finished the entire thing.  96%, ~28 hours.  Whoever put that HORSEBREAK 3 HORSES "how about just one more?" mission at the end needs some talkin too.  I'll probably do the remaining 4%, but I think I'll hold off and do it when I load RDR back up for Undead Redemption in a month or two (want to give a break between the two).

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good game.  Probably my tied with Xenoblade as the best game experience this generation so far.  It's so hard to believe this came from the people who made the sucky GTAIV.  Even just going by the dialogue, it's like GTAIV dialogue = crap, RDR dialogue = pretty darn good! and yet it's written by the same guy!  wtffff.  The story was alright, but the characters and the dialogue were really well done.  It also helps that John Marston seriously had the best voice actor I've heard in videogames, period.  Which made him one of the most likeable videogame characters I've come across.  The graphics, wow, I can honestly say even after Crysis and Uncharted and all that jazz, RDR to me is the best looking videogame I've played.  At times when riding around, the land it looks stunningly realistic.  As a So. CA resident, I can attest that when I leave the city, it looks EXACTLY like parts of RDR.  Really incredible art direction.  The music was fantastic as well.  There was lots to do in the game and the missions were all fun save the mini-games like horsebreaking needing some finetuning.  And on top of that there's some multiplayer stuff which by all accounts is quality as well and maybe I'll try out in the future.  Fantastic game that deserves all the GoTY awards it won.

Things I'd like to see in RDR2,
-BEING ABLE SIT DOWN ON A BENCH OR CHAIR.  I wanted to sit on the porch of a house and watch the sun rise.  How hard would it be to add a sit interaction with chairs and benches
-Dialogue choices.  The game is more of an rpg than ME2 in a lot of ways.  Go the extra distance, give the player choice as to how the main character solves the mission.  Maybe even branch the plot and make the player pick sides (like in Mexico)
-less grindy challenges, more fun challenges!

But overall, I'm happy with what's in RDR itself.  I enjoyed every minute of the game EXCEPT when I was grinding the ambient challenges.  Those hours were a chore and if I was recommending the game to another person, I'd tell them to ignore all 4 challenge groups and do everything else in the game.  It was truly amazing, gorgeous and immersive sandbox world to explore and enjoy.  A modern classic by all means.

spoilers about the ending:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The ending was depressing :(  It made sense that they'd turn around and kill him since they had orders to take out the old gang crew, but John Marston was such a great heroic lead character and it was depressing to watch him die in the usual gangster going out with a bang way.  Would've preferred a happy ending :X

Also, can you steal a car somewhere in Blackwater and drive it around?  I remember one of the stats saying something like "miles driven in car"
[close]

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:16:30 AM by Bebpo »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1817 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »
About the ending...you should play more,go to some city and finish some unfinished business ;)

It's so hard to believe this came from the people who made the sucky GTAIV
Rockstar San Diego(engine central) made this game(SP),Rockstar North(GTA central) helped(made) multiplayer,i think

About GTA 4...I like it,but yeah it's kinda sucky,biggest problem is the lack of checkpoints,hate that
Why?Because replaying sucky missions makes me  :maf
Episodes have them,so things are moving :)

There was one interview with Dan Houser were he said that the biggest RDR problem was how to make the world interesting,outside of main missions

I have high hopes for GTA 5...GTA 4 was more like tech showcase,GTA 5 should be the real deal

The graphics, wow, I can honestly say even after Crysis and Uncharted and all that jazz, RDR to me is the best looking videogame I've played.  At times when riding around, the land it looks stunningly realistic.

RDR water
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Small detail but it tells a lot...

cat

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #1818 on: March 09, 2011, 07:06:40 AM »
Wow, that water is awesome.  All I remember is the waterfall and I didn't think it was that great.  Have to check out some other areas next time.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1819 on: March 09, 2011, 07:36:52 AM »
Yeah, the waterfall isn't that great. The water, overall, isn't that stunning, but that YouTube has nailed a really nice spot that shows off the best of its behavior.

I also agree this is the prettiest game I've ever played. Just, wow, everywhere. And I grew up in SoCal, and had weekends in Pearblossom, and have spent plenty of time on the road to San Diego... and this game just nails it.

As mentioned by Maxy, unless you have seen the credits roll, you have a little bit to go. Check the radar/map near Blackwater Train Station.

I'm so happy this game did so well. Not only was it my GOTY for 2010, but it managed to shut the yaps of many games industry analysts who thought it might move one million units... two at the most. Ha!

Bebpo

« Reply #1820 on: March 09, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
Yeah, the water is great.  One really neat touch is every area with water has different looking water graphics.  At first I thought it was weird, but then I figured they just had different artists do different streams/waterfalls/lakes.  And yeah, the one in that video, the last one you see on the east side of snow mountain, is insane looking. 

And yes, I saw the credits roll :P  Only things I'm missing are 10 bounties, the last 4 ranks of flower picking, the last 4 ranks of animal hunting and finishing the bandito and us marshall outfits.

Bebpo

« Reply #1821 on: March 09, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
About GTA 4...I like it,but yeah it's kinda sucky,biggest problem is the lack of checkpoints,hate that

My problem with the GTA games (besides the gameplay stuff like frustrating missions with no checkpoints and annoying driving/traffic) is that they are always about criminal low-lifes being scummy criminals.  I don't really enjoy playing as these characters or find their stories interesting.  I don't really care about mafias or gangs or whatnot.

In RDR you finally were playing as a decent guy.  Sure he was a bad guy in the past, but in the present he was a honest man.  Likewise, a lot of the story characters were normal non-scum people (although there were definitely both).  Helping out Bonnie at her ranch and stuff was just a totally different atmosphere than GTA.  I like games like AC2 or RDR where you're playing as a good guy instead of a crook.

There was one interview with Dan Houser were he said that the biggest RDR problem was how to make the world interesting,outside of main missions

This actually surprises me a lot.  Because I felt like one of the reasons RDR is so much better than GTA is because there's so much more to do.  In GTAIV besides the story missions you have...ambulance/taxi generic zzz stuff and dates zzz.

One of the things RDR gets really right is having actual sidequests with stranger missions.  Real, honest to god, rpg sidequests with original NPCs and their short stories.  GTA NEEDS this.  There's also MMO type quests with the survival challenges, bounties, animals to get loot drops to sell, outfits and achievements that encourage you to do the mini-games, hidden treasure chests, duels, locations to discover, and then the half-dozen types of random world encounters you can run across while riding around.  RDR feels like AC2 where it's a sandbox game with tons of stuff to do besides the main story.  GTA feels so empty in comparison imo. 

I'm so happy this game did so well. Not only was it my GOTY for 2010, but it managed to shut the yaps of many games industry analysts who thought it might move one million units... two at the most. Ha!

I'm glad the game sold well because it makes it likely they'll do another RDR in a few years and since I'm pretty sure GTAV will not do much for me, I'll just have to wait for that to get another experience like this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:06:53 PM by Bebpo »

« Reply #1822 on: March 09, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »

My problem with the GTA games (besides the gameplay stuff like frustrating missions with no checkpoints and annoying driving/traffic) is that they are always about criminal low-lifes being scummy criminals.  I don't really enjoy playing as these characters or find their stories interesting.  I don't really care about mafias or gangs or whatnot.

In RDR you finally were playing as a decent guy.  Sure he was a bad guy in the past, but in the present he was a honest man.  Likewise, a lot of the story characters were normal non-scum people (although there were definitely both).  Helping out Bonnie at her ranch and stuff was just a totally different atmosphere than GTA.  I like games like AC2 or RDR where you're playing as a good guy instead of a crook.

That's my biggest problem with the GTA series. It glorifies crime so much that I just can't get into it. The Ryu ga Gotoku series, while being heavily focused on Japanese organized crime, doesn't feel as dirty and scummy as GTA does.

The little I've played of RDR doesn't have the same feel as GTA, and I like it.
野球

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1823 on: March 10, 2011, 02:02:58 AM »
I decided to go back and finish this off, since I left it with just a few missions to go. The end was really well done, I liked the last few missions a lot.

The story had its ups and downs. It started off a little slow, but the first area was really good once it got going. Even the start of Mexico was pretty good. I liked Rickets' and Luisa's missions well enough, but everything involving Reyes was terrible, and I was really starting to get tired of the game by the time I was done with him. Thankfully, everything after that was good, but Mexico had already done its damage and I just wanted the game to end already. Oh, and the "real" end that leads into the credits was disappointing. It just seemed rushed and anti-climactic.

And the story was way too predictable. Really, who didn't see Marston's betrayal coming from twelve miles away? It would've been nice if the story had a less obvious progression, but nothing that happens is ever surprising.
[close]

I still liked it though. This will probably be my new podcast game as I go for 100% completion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:05:25 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1824 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »
Some guys were causing a ruckus. I caught 'em, hogtied 'em, and managed to shove one guy's head up the other one's laundry chute.

[close]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1825 on: April 27, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Bravo!
©ZH

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1826 on: April 27, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
:lol that's pretty sweet Chrono. I finally finished this game a few weeks back. Loved the end,  how they built up your sense of security and familiarity just to wind up with a knife in your back. Had a classic Western feel to it, really good stuff. The 'real' end was ok, I liked how it flashed 'Red Dead Redemption' as you walk away. I might check that DLC sometime.
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1827 on: April 27, 2011, 11:41:45 AM »
The game's good stuff, all around. If you're not into the multi, there's not a lot of point to the DLC. Unless you like zombies, I guess -- the Undead Nightmare single player campaign is OK; though not stunningly different in its gameplay, it does manage to change some core conventions to suit the genre. And it's funny.

The main game though is probably my favorite of this generation, though it may be tied with Saints Row 2 for that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1828 on: July 23, 2011, 01:34:37 AM »
It's a TRIPLE XP weekend right now in Red Dead Redemption. :rock

I'll be in off-and-on this weekend, so give me a shout if you want to posse up.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1829 on: July 23, 2011, 03:00:40 AM »
For someone like me who hasn't played much of this what does that mean.
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1830 on: July 23, 2011, 05:22:20 AM »
For whatever XP you would normally win in any online activity, the resulting Experience Points earned are tripled. If you were going for Legendary rank (level 50), this helps.

I was missing the Achievements for getting over 9001 personal XP in a Free Roam, and for having a posse gain a total session XP total over 50K. It was a pretty fun ride; I'll be on again tomorrow, most likely.

pilonv1

« Reply #1831 on: July 23, 2011, 05:26:29 AM »
Only for multiplayer achievements? I can skip them then
itm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1832 on: July 23, 2011, 06:13:30 AM »
TRIPLE XP BABY

me and Chronovore just rinsed twin rocks like 20 times and I gained 8 levels. I will get the Zebra Donkey eventually if I keep an eye out for these XP events.

Also, R* has mentioned that there is "FREE fan appreciation DLC" coming for multiplayer. I hate this new trend of "announcements about announcements", as in companies reveal that something is coming, but don't actually announce what it is!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1833 on: July 23, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
OTOH, it appears to have had its desired affect on you, since you're (a) hyped for it and (b) spreading the word. ;-P

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1834 on: July 23, 2011, 11:33:58 AM »
For Red Dead Revolution/Retribution/whatever I would like:

- set during the Civil War, missions where you play both sides off each other.
- Indian Territories.  Crossing them would be a harrowing experience, as certain tribes will chase you down and scalp or kill you.  Other tribes could be traded with, give you missions, etc.
- true outlaw choices like actually robbing banks, stagecoaches, etc.  Say, you could choose to participate in criminal activities by going the "bad" route, or you could join posses/take  bounties and stop those crimes should you choose the "good" route.  The "ugly" route is somewhere in the middle - say, you join the gang committing the train robbery, but afterwards you kill everyone in the gang and take all the loot yourself (trade-off is you're on your own when the law comes after you and you can no longer use the gang hideout to cool off your wanted level, maybe?)
- some "villain" co-op missions/hideouts in MP.

that's all i can think of right now.
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1835 on: July 24, 2011, 12:35:03 AM »
Since they abandoned Red Dead Revolver's lead character for Redemption's John, I hope they don't stick us with Jack Marston for the sequel. John and Jack have served their time.

I love the civil war idea for the story opportunities it presents, but moreover I love it for multiplayer possibilities. I love the idea of a Northern Aggression beatdown on a bunch of Rebel-flag-waving hard-ons.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1836 on: July 24, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »
Got through Undead Overrun through level 16 today, my first time. That was pretty intense!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1837 on: July 24, 2011, 08:39:34 PM »
awesome!

Yeah I've been getting stuck into the multi again. Working towards getting golden tomahawks. Had a ridiculous match last night: Hold Your Own on the Tall Trees map. Basically the defenders were hiding behind trees for cover next to their bag. I whistled for my horse, equipped the tomahawks and galloped straight towards their bag. Because I was going full gallop, they were having trouble shooting me, so I got like 3 yards away from a little baby hiding behind a tree and put a tomahawk in his head. I managed to nail all 4 defenders this way and get the bag! It was awesome. Tomahawk killing on horseback. Gonna jump back on the Legends and Killers playlist soon and I'll see if I can muster up a repeat performance. I need 70 more headshots with the tomahawk, but that shouldnt take me too long.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1838 on: July 24, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »
gah I think I'm hooked on the multi again. Theres just so many challenges left to pop. This game will never die  :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1839 on: July 25, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »
RDR is awesome.

Except for that poker 'cheev.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1841 on: July 27, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
Finally! Woot! Schleptember!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1842 on: July 27, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »
:bow

can't wait! I've been playing heaps of multi lately. Unlocked the "Tomahawk Fury" title last night for killing the last guy that killed me three times in a row with tomahawks, without dying. I felt pretty radical. I've got 65 headshots out of 100 for the golden tomahawk too.

Hopefully this new DLC pack adds new cheevs also. I've been reading the comments on the article, a lot of people are asking if theres new achievements... R* are answering a lot of the questions, but not the achievement one...hmmm. If theyre being tight lipped about it, it's definitely a possiblilty?

lol

Quote from: fauxgland
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!

funnily enough I said the same thing the other day!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:47:48 PM by The Sceneman »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1843 on: July 30, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
I've got only two 'cheevs left to go in this now. Pa-Pa-Poker Ace and whatever the "10-hit-combo in Advanced Co-Op" mission is.

I tried to get into a poker game today, got kicked back out to Free Roam. Tried three (failed) attempts on The Escape with randoms -- I'm pretty sure their names were Larry, Moe, and Curly. It would have been a total loss, but they were so entirely incompetent that it was kind of fun to watch.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1844 on: July 31, 2011, 02:08:57 AM »
I got the golden tomahawk finally. Woohoo.

Gonna give this game a rest until triple XP next thursday

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1845 on: July 31, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »

pilonv1

« Reply #1846 on: August 02, 2011, 03:59:29 AM »
Finally started this again and got the Dastardly achievement. Enjoying this more than I remembered.
itm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1847 on: August 02, 2011, 05:14:47 AM »
play the multiplayer! Posse up with me and Chronovore and we'll show a Greenhorn the ropes

pilonv1

« Reply #1848 on: August 02, 2011, 05:28:43 AM »
Yeah I will :rock
itm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1849 on: August 02, 2011, 06:01:08 AM »
the multiplayer is kickass, even without DLC

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1850 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:39 AM »
Yeah, but remember there was a free DLC... or was that a Title Update? Which one added the co-op missions? That was a nice gimme.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1851 on: August 03, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
a number of changes were applied via updates, and currently the two free DLC packs are the Co-op mission pack, and the Hunting and Trading Outfits.

Hunting and trading outfits give you extra singleplayer challenge to unlock the costumes. I should actually go back and get the hunting outfit. The trading outfit was awesome as it made all guns half price, and I got the explosive rifle for 5000 as opposed to 10000

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1852 on: August 03, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »
we also got the marshals skin pack for mp
sup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1853 on: August 03, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
a number of changes were applied via updates, and currently the two free DLC packs are the Co-op mission pack, and the Hunting and Trading Outfits.

Hunting and trading outfits give you extra singleplayer challenge to unlock the costumes. I should actually go back and get the hunting outfit. The trading outfit was awesome as it made all guns half price, and I got the explosive rifle for 5000 as opposed to 10000

"Outlaws to the End" -- right. Yeah, I am torn on "Hunting and Trading." Truth to tell, I didn't even know about it.  :P I already bought the damned rifle in singleplayer for 15K because I didn't know it was tied to Honor. My little Jack had been a bad boy in pursuit of one of the challenges needed for 100%. So I did bounties until I had enough money... wait, I might have paid 10K.

Ah, hell with it. I have just used xbox.com to add "Hunting and Trading Pack" to my downloads. Woot! More cowboy action this weekend. Maybe even reverse cowboy.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1854 on: August 03, 2011, 09:25:59 PM »
Quote from: dr feelbad
we also got the marshals skin pack for mp

was that a piece of DLC though? I cant remember. I thought the Marshals were added via a title update, as the skins were already used by NPCs in the singleplayer...

pilonv1

« Reply #1855 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:04 AM »
Traveling between missions is making me hate this game
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1856 on: August 07, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »
Anywhere outside of town, you can use BACK button to select Campsite, and then jump to any waypoint on your map.

pilonv1

« Reply #1857 on: August 07, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
Sorry meant the in mission travelling. Hold A for 3-4 minutes and listen to a bunch of shite.
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1858 on: August 07, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
Huh. I found traveling relaxing, so I'm not a good sounding board for this. And I was -not- fond of driving everywhere in GTA IV.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #1859 on: August 07, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »
It's a western. Taking in the landscape on horseback is mandatory; and it is done justice in RDR.