Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082516 times)

kingv

Re: Corona Thread |OT| A lot of good things are going to happen.
« Reply #1980 on: March 13, 2020, 11:29:13 PM »
there are multiple strands though, well at least two known
this can't be true, otherwise, why would boris johnson encourage his whole country to get infected? surely one of the richest countries on Earth would have ample access to experts and every strategy would be vetted to the fullest. i encourage you to check your sources.

Is he actually fucking doing this?

Jesus, and I thought trump was a moron.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1981 on: March 13, 2020, 11:35:20 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1982 on: March 13, 2020, 11:40:53 PM »
Since I gave up on playing Death Stranding, what caused the apocalypse in that world?
Death Stranding
spoiler (click to show/hide)
In Death Stranding world people have bodies in the real world and souls that exist in a separate reality/dreams/the beach (Ha and Ka) and every couple billion years there's an "extinction entity" that eventually realizes their purpose is to cause the extinction of their species. Norman Reedus' Mom was the extinction entity and her body and soul split when she underwent surgery and her soul was trapped on The Beach. (Death StrandingReal Body Mom was trying to prevent the extinction event by using stillborn babies' souls to make a super time travel internet. Mads Mikkelson is a father of one of the kids and dies while attempting to get his kid back (btw the mom was also the president of the USA) and in the process, the baby is killed as well. Soul Mom feels bad about this and saves the soul of the baby using her powers from the beach and Real Body Mom raises him as her son irl, while Soul Mom raises him on the beach in his dreams. He comes back to life but he can't be killed anymore (Death Stranding) and instead, every time he is killed it causes a massive Akira-esque nuke crater. This throws off the balance of life and death within the world and causes the Death Stranding, time fall, etc. 
[close]
Yep, sounds like a Kojima game.
Spud

Clockwork5

« Reply #1983 on: March 13, 2020, 11:42:10 PM »
Working in a restaurant is surreal right now.  I’m just trying to get a couple more shifts in before I get fucked by this thing just doing my job. I feel like my body is ready to tackle this opponent in a fair fight  But these old motherfuckers out here on the front lines are insane.

Bebpo

« Reply #1984 on: March 13, 2020, 11:43:33 PM »
Finally went to the market apocalypse and people here are so dumb. The whole TP/Paper Towels rack is empty, but like all kinds of other life essentials (milk, eggs, bread, probiotic yogurts) or even like cups & utensils and frozen food are all normal and plenty. Was glad I could get 90% of everything I usually get each week.

I'm gonna check out Trader Joe's tomorrow to stock up on a week or two worth of good frozen food (their frozen food is like the only frozen food that doesn't taste like crap to me) just in case they shut down all the fast food/restaurants at some point.

Since I gave up on playing Death Stranding, what caused the apocalypse in that world?
Death Stranding
In Death Stranding world people have bodies in the real world and souls that exist in a separate reality/dreams/the beach (Ha and Ka) and every couple billion years there's an "extinction entity" that eventually realizes their purpose is to cause the extinction of their species. Norman Reedus' Mom was the extinction entity and her body and soul split when she underwent surgery and her soul was trapped on The Beach. (Death StrandingReal Body Mom was trying to prevent the extinction event by using stillborn babies' souls to make a super time travel internet. Mads Mikkelson is a father of one of the kids and dies while attempting to get his kid back (btw the mom was also the president of the USA) and in the process, the baby is killed as well. Soul Mom feels bad about this and saves the soul of the baby using her powers from the beach and Real Body Mom raises him as her son irl, while Soul Mom raises him on the beach in his dreams. He comes back to life but he can't be killed anymore (Death Stranding) and instead, every time he is killed it causes a massive Akira-esque nuke crater. This throws off the balance of life and death within the world and causes the Death Stranding, time fall, etc. 
[close]

Actually from my understanding of DS they never really explain how the apocalypse came to be.

Just like "extinctions happen every once in a while because nature"

I mean the process was a surgeon doing a c-section on a dead woman to save the baby and he touches the baby's umbical cord and is able to see a BT/Ghost and it touches him and causes a nuke like explosion because BT's are antimatter and when they come into contact with human's matter it causes a nuke-like explosion (let's not get into the plot hole that in the game plenty of people are touched and dragged around by BTs and the nuke only happens when a major boss like BT touches a person, but the surgeon just seemed like he saw a BT, idk I guess you can explain it that what he saw a boss BT and it touched him).

Then people start seeing and coming in contact with each other cause nukes everywhere which wipes out a lot of the world. And that through natural evolution some people are born with stronger abilities to detect BTs in order to evade them and live. Which makes sense. The DOOMs thing though? That never really made much sense for anyone other than Sam given his situation when he was born, dunno why they made other people have DOOMs as well.

But what caused the BT/ghosts to start interacting with people assuming they've always existed after people die? Or if BTs weren't always there, what caused BTs to start staying instead of crossing over? Pretty sure it's never really explained other than it was time for another extinction event so it just started happening triggering the beginning of the end of the world. I think they didn't want to get too detailed into the existentialism of what caused it all and leave some mystery there.
[close]

So yeah, nothing like COVID-19 so far. Unless we start seeing ghosts next.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1985 on: March 13, 2020, 11:46:01 PM »
Holy shit you can get a spirit flight from New York to la for 38 fucking dollars next week
:O

Bebpo

« Reply #1986 on: March 13, 2020, 11:46:33 PM »
Holy shit you can get a spirit flight from New York to la for 38 fucking dollars next week

My friend saw a roundtrip ticket to Hawaii for $198 lol

Himu

« Reply #1987 on: March 14, 2020, 12:08:05 AM »
Went to pick up some meds for my mom today, saw a dude laughing and licking his hands as he walked into the store :beli

Next time that happens take a video of them doing it and reprimand them. Call the police.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1988 on: March 14, 2020, 12:32:06 AM »
每天生气

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1989 on: March 14, 2020, 12:45:47 AM »
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-14/church-religious-groups-say-coronavirus-cannot-infect-them/12055476

Greek Orthodox church says 'holy cup cannot carry disease', allows congregations to share spoon

Greek Orthodox churches across the country will allow congregations of hundreds of people to sip wine from the same spoon during mass because "the holy cup cannot carry disease," the Archdiocese said.

Greek Orthodox priests dip a spoon into a chalice of wine and place it into the mouths of parishioners, as part of communion during mass. The spoon and chalice remain the same throughout the ceremony.

A spokesperson for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, Steven Scoutas, said anyone showing signs of illness should stay away from church gatherings.

"But once we decide to go to church, we believe there is absolutely no possibility of contracting disease from the holy cup," he said.

"We believe that no disease or illness can exist in holy communion, which we believe is the body and blood of Christ," Reverend Scoutas said.
Fucking backwards arse fuckwits. Makes me mad and somewhat ashamed to call myself a Greek Australian.

At least when a bunch of them get coronavirus, they might start to question their dumbarse belief in an imaginary cloud man.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #1990 on: March 14, 2020, 12:53:22 AM »
Catholic Church claims that the cup you drink the wine from generally protects from diseases due to the metallic (gold) material. :doge I'm not familiar with Greek Orthodox eucharist. I legitimately thought they used a cup.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1991 on: March 14, 2020, 12:59:44 AM »
Yep there's a metal cup, but we also use a metal spoon that gets a cursory wipe down between being shoved into people's mouths.
Spud

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1992 on: March 14, 2020, 01:00:29 AM »
My work told us we're working from home for at least two weeks in some weird frankenstein model using google classroom.

We'll see how that goes.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1993 on: March 14, 2020, 01:03:38 AM »
Diamond Princess good for research, getting data on what the spread looks like overall.

Mortality for 70+ estimated at 9%
Overall rate estimated at 0.5%

The aforementioned high rate of no-symptoms is a real complicating factor.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cruise-ship-data-helps-reveal-coronavirus-death-rate-researchers

Himu

« Reply #1994 on: March 14, 2020, 01:08:18 AM »
Yep there's a metal cup, but we also use a metal spoon that gets a cursory wipe down between being shoved into people's mouths.

Why use a spoon though? Don't want to waste Jesus' priceless blood! You'd think a spoon would be less stable than drinking directly from the chalice.

And this reminds me. If millions of Catholics and Orthodox have been drinking Jesus' blood for almost a millennia then how come we haven't run out of Jesus' blood yet? How much blood does he really have? (Yes, I know of transubstantiation but it's a joke).
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1995 on: March 14, 2020, 01:20:40 AM »
Don Rumata, updates from inside the quarantine? Have people started eating each other yet? How many people have you had to kill just to survive? Do the roving gangs use guns or more primitive weapons?
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #1996 on: March 14, 2020, 01:23:38 AM »
Bout to go cough on some shit. This thing is like the final solution for boomers.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1997 on: March 14, 2020, 01:28:16 AM »

Why use a spoon though? Don't want to waste Jesus' priceless blood! You'd think a spoon would be less stable than drinking directly from the chalice.

And this reminds me. If millions of Catholics and Orthodox have been drinking Jesus' blood for almost a millennia then how come we haven't run out of Jesus' blood yet? How much blood does he really have? (Yes, I know of transubstantiation but it's a joke).
Can't have the filthy plebs touch the cup now can we?
Spud

Coffee Dog

Himu

« Reply #2000 on: March 14, 2020, 01:55:06 AM »

Can't have the filthy plebs touch the cup now can we?

What if they gave it coronavirus?!
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2001 on: March 14, 2020, 01:59:06 AM »
Don Rumata, updates from inside the quarantine? Have people started eating each other yet? How many people have you had to kill just to survive? Do the roving gangs use guns or more primitive weapons?
Here's the mayor of Bari closing down a park and telling people to go home.

Tripon

Himu

« Reply #2003 on: March 14, 2020, 02:00:49 AM »

What a G.
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2005 on: March 14, 2020, 02:18:11 AM »
just can't compte with BBC COVID-19 :trumps

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2008 on: March 14, 2020, 03:18:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/strakovka/status/1238634615281201153

Holy fuck. Shit is ramping up in the native land. Hope my friends all know how to cook.  :o

"With effect from 14 March 2020 from 6:00 to 24 March 2020 to 6:00, the Government of the Czech Republic decided to close all stores, with the exception of food stores, pharmacies, drugstores, petrol stations and some others.  Details http://vlada.cz.  Watch the media"

Quick and dirty Google Translate as I wasn't gonna translate myself over the phone. It's accurate though.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2009 on: March 14, 2020, 03:25:42 AM »
czech casting couch has fallen  :fbm

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2010 on: March 14, 2020, 03:27:44 AM »
Since Trump said we should pray, I will pray for Little Caprice. Oh and my friends and family too I guess.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2011 on: March 14, 2020, 04:48:32 AM »
Dutch scientists claim to have discovered corona anti-bodies
Cuba and a few other places have isolated the virus

:bowsette
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2012 on: March 14, 2020, 04:56:25 AM »
And people here shit on Dutch directness

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #2013 on: March 14, 2020, 05:20:52 AM »

:lol

Are you in Bari, Don?  I'm from Molfetta.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:45:56 AM by Propagandhim »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2014 on: March 14, 2020, 07:48:50 AM »

ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2015 on: March 14, 2020, 08:17:55 AM »
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2016 on: March 14, 2020, 08:33:05 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51888936

Spanish cases up by 1,500 in a day

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2017 on: March 14, 2020, 08:35:32 AM »
Who has time to proof read some English stuff and or translate English into other languages?
I'm looking for a native speaker to help save the world.

The results of this test only indicate if your symptoms match the known symptoms of COVID-2019 as provided by the WHO(World Health Organization). The creators of this test are in not responsible for your health or medical decisions. Please consult a doctor or medical provider if you believe you have symptoms and/or carry COVID-2019.

I can create what the parking lot exploiters Mar-A-Lago grifters and Google apparently can't  :mynicca

Join me and together we will write history  :rejoice
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:53:04 AM by Nintex »
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2019 on: March 14, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/business/status/1238412764777009152

The UK really has the most daring strategy.  :lol
🤴

Coitus

« Reply #2020 on: March 14, 2020, 09:11:16 AM »
Boris is just gonna post through it and see what happens. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2021 on: March 14, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2022 on: March 14, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »
"With the whole world in so called lock down this seems like a great opportunity for Britain to get to work and take the initiative!"
"Sure the death toll has been catastrophic but I know that you feel and I feel that we've taken this opportunity with both hands without panic and without listening to these naysayers, negative nannies and doomsday prophets!"

*last surviving Scott throws tomato at Boris*

🤴

Coax

« Reply #2023 on: March 14, 2020, 09:49:23 AM »

The music tho :obama

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2025 on: March 14, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2026 on: March 14, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »
The music tho :obama

Yeah, it's good. I watched a number of other relevant trailers (Virus, Demoni 2, Cannibal Apocalypse...)  but it has the best theme of them all.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2028 on: March 14, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus

Ontario's cases are rising fast.  We were at 79 yesterday at 5:30pm

Clockwork5

« Reply #2029 on: March 14, 2020, 11:12:00 AM »
McAfee’s feed is so cringy. Strange times we live in when the nay sayers come across as the conspiratorial type.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2030 on: March 14, 2020, 11:28:56 AM »
Holland is not locked down so Belgians are coming to our pubs and towns  :lol
https://twitter.com/Bram_VDP/status/1238842942929985538

In the Netherlands everyone is still casually shopping and going out, with official soccer games cancelled people organize their own in public parks  :doge

At least we have enough toilet paper
https://twitter.com/oh_oh_denhaag/status/1238579696226504706

translation
Good afternoon
This is for all those hamsters who are afraid they can't wipe their buttts because of the virus
Hahahahahaha
I think we still got enough
Hahahahahaha
Oh you people
Hahahahahaha
Buy lots of toilet paper people, then I can work overtime while you sit at home
Hahahahahaha
Hey guys, do you think we will run out of toilet paper?
Hahahahahaha
[close]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:50:25 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2031 on: March 14, 2020, 11:41:08 AM »
I've gone to 3 places to get hand sanitizer and still dont have some. 

Himu

« Reply #2032 on: March 14, 2020, 11:46:46 AM »
IYKYK

jorma

« Reply #2033 on: March 14, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »
It's kinda weird how everything is doom and gloom on the internet, there were even preparations to quarantine Stockholm. One op ed talks about shutting down the country in order to save it.

And then you go outside and everything is just.. normal. The park is full of people, kids were practicing football despite freezing temperatures and there are no hoarders in the shops. All stores are out of face masks apparently, but i have yet to see someone wear one. Some of my neighbours are having a bbq in the common yard.

The contrast is a bit surreal tbh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2034 on: March 14, 2020, 12:01:12 PM »
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #2035 on: March 14, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
It's kinda weird how everything is doom and gloom on the internet, there were even preparations to quarantine Stockholm. One op ed talks about shutting down the country in order to save it.

And then you go outside and everything is just.. normal. The park is full of people, kids were practicing football despite freezing temperatures and there are no hoarders in the shops. All stores are out of face masks apparently, but i have yet to see someone wear one. Some of my neighbours are having a bbq in the common yard.

The contrast is a bit surreal tbh

Yeah, with things like the schools are closing and some of the workforce being told to remote work from home, you're going to just see kids in parks and stuff during the day. There's not enough manpower to enforce them to stay at home.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2036 on: March 14, 2020, 12:03:06 PM »

This is the luxury shopping center in Bahrain, completely dead at 5pm on a Friday (their Saturday).
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2037 on: March 14, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1238860976176467969

Donny looks like shit here, he's got it fam :trumps
(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2038 on: March 14, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »
disappointed that tweet ended with AVOID TOILET PAPER rather than INSTALL A BIDET TODAY!

Oh, so I see you're in the pocket of Big Bidet, huh?
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2039 on: March 14, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51888936

Spain set to declare national lockdown