Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1857265 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44400 on: March 13, 2023, 10:25:42 PM »
corpo shilling on Resetera  ???

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-bet-the-super-mario-bros-movie-vs-the-little-mermaid-which-grosses-more-which-reviews-better.696568/
The Marvel stans vs the Nintendo stans is the distinguished mentally-challenged fellow Deathmatch I want to see.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44401 on: March 13, 2023, 10:26:53 PM »
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #44402 on: March 13, 2023, 10:34:06 PM »
The stuff of journalists arguing that journalism cannot be free of bias (so let’s not ever try it) is nothing new, I heard this stuff since 10 or 15 years ago. I guess people still push back those notions because most people still want neutral and unbiased journalism (even when is not).

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44403 on: March 13, 2023, 10:37:32 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44404 on: March 13, 2023, 10:45:30 PM »
The stuff of journalists arguing that journalism cannot be free of bias (so let’s not ever try it) is nothing new, I heard this stuff since 10 or 15 years ago. I guess people still push back those notions because most people still want neutral and unbiased journalism (even when is not).
There's bias and then there's activism.

What these terminally online fucks do is activism dressed up as journalism. Their editorial "standards" do not allow for balance or perspective. There's an accepted truth and no variation is permitted from that gospel.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44405 on: March 13, 2023, 10:51:03 PM »
???

Do you hate Benji?
Don't we all?
 :kermit
Spud

« Reply #44406 on: March 13, 2023, 11:13:19 PM »
looking at the first 5 pages of era, there is an obsession with celebrities, media cultural , hollywood, arts. There seems to be very little outside of that. There is very little technical or photography or discussion of authors and books but just look at the first 5 pages. 60-70% of OT posts are about hollywood, media and actors, it seems to be a very unhealthy obsession

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44407 on: March 14, 2023, 12:58:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/page-2#post-102614884

Quote from: BloodRayne
Quote from: Chumunga64
jokes about the movie aside, the leaks most likely didn't do that much damage since the film had a really good opening weekend

the reason why ant man 3 bombed was because people watched it and went "this stinks"
You forgot to mention the online hate campaign against the movie
What hate campaign?

ShutUp

« Reply #44408 on: March 14, 2023, 02:05:11 AM »
Stuff was being talked about and leaked ahead of time on that sub Reddit for like the last year but the moderators decided now was the time to close it, right after Marvel’s first flop?

Marvel ninja’s gave them the “close this shit OR ELSE” speech

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44409 on: March 14, 2023, 03:15:57 AM »
looking at the first 5 pages of era, there is an obsession with celebrities, media cultural , hollywood, arts. There seems to be very little outside of that. There is very little technical or photography or discussion of authors and books but just look at the first 5 pages. 60-70% of OT posts are about hollywood, media and actors, it seems to be a very unhealthy obsession
That stuff is more likely to be discussed in community threads.

Edit: That being said, the community threads are just as likely to be full of the same delusional and mentally unwell people.
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44410 on: March 14, 2023, 03:32:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/#post-102610033
Marvel boot licker Fj0823
Maybe not for the BO but definitely because of the narrative that knowing how some early cuts played out is generating.

This leaker told us the ending was reworked and instead of Kang winning and leaving Scott and Hope to die in the QR, Kang is seemingly defeated and the duo made it out last second to avoid the redundancy of another movie ending with Scott trapped.

Us knowing these details of production is something Marvel definitely doesn't want and it's working against the film.

Now you have the usual suspects spouting crap about Brie Larson being "impossible" on set and... yeah I can see why they want to nip it.
:what

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44411 on: March 14, 2023, 03:52:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/any-religious-people-feel-uncomfortable-with-diablo-4.696697/
Like I'm just sitting up here and thinking about this. Tons of people are going to be playing this game come beta opening, and I wonder if any religious folk are interested in the game or this makes them uncomfortable? What with its satanic imagery and all that?

The reason I ask is because I was raised in a mostly religious household when I was young and I always saw these games and I was so scared of them. It seemed needlessly crazy demonic. Like cultlike stuff. Know what I mean??

So my questions are:

If you practice under a specific religion that acknowledgedes hell/the satanical, does this game make you uncomfortable?
If you are not religious but know or live with someone who is religious, do you feel this game would bother them while you sit up there and enjoy it?
These games are getting so realistic nowadays and I've just been doing a lot of thinking is all.

Thanks.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44412 on: March 14, 2023, 06:51:43 AM »

What these terminally online fucks do is activism dressed up as journalism. Their editorial "standards" do not allow for balance or perspective. There's an accepted truth and no variation is permitted from that gospel.

well, I guess you could argue that reporting on a story which is generally comprised of actual facts/truth is "accepted truth that should have no variation"

because variation in that case would be a lie

their problem is that even choosing to report on one story instead of another ruins objectivity to begin with, it "silences" whatever is going on over there which is un-reported-on

which we've actually gotten to that point a few times where right wing news outlets reported on actual facts that everyone else refused to touch until the story grew big enough they had to acknowledge it, and is it responsible to allow them to set the tone by being the only ones talking about it?
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44413 on: March 14, 2023, 07:32:29 AM »

well, I guess you could argue that reporting on a story which is generally comprised of actual facts/truth is "accepted truth that should have no variation"

their problem is that even choosing to report on one story instead of another ruins objectivity to begin with, it "silences" whatever is going on over there which is un-reported-on

which we've actually gotten to that point a few times where right wing news outlets reported on actual facts that everyone else refused to touch until the story grew big enough they had to acknowledge it, and is it responsible to allow them to set the tone by being the only ones talking about it?
No news outlet can be truly neutral and unbiased, as you've pointed out. Editorial decisions must be made. It's when activism and bias takes precedent over newsworthiness that things start getting sketchy.

Fox News/News Ltd is a prime example of bias taking over completely. The Guardian is another example. Reading the opinion pieces in those publications gets into activist territory.

Most of the blogs and niche publishers are just straight up activism masquerading as journalism though.

Regarding reporting on a story comprised of "facts", what's important in that example is the journalist allowing the facts to determine the story rather than seeking facts to tell a predetermined story.

Basically, bias is inevitable. Journalists should strive to eliminate it as much as possible by seeking out relevant opinions from relevant sources. Activists intentionally bastardise the journalistic method because they have a predetermined narrative and only seek out the "facts" that support it. Low media literacy people are easily fooled by this, especially if the activist narrative lines up with their beliefs.
Spud

Yulwei

« Reply #44414 on: March 14, 2023, 09:38:02 AM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44415 on: March 14, 2023, 09:43:27 AM »
How is the first tweet even problematic?

RE constantly considers depictions as problematic etc. but now it's wrong and even bigoted because he thinks the evil christian preacher is a bit of a trope
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 09:49:48 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44416 on: March 14, 2023, 10:02:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/page-3#post-102630985

Quote from: Fj0823
shame that the subreddit is gone because that was the best place on reddit to talk about the MCU. there weren't "ANYONE ELSE THINK CAPTAIN MARVEL IS A MARY SUE?!?!?!" threads
Agreed, they were also collectibly calling out the bullshit smell out of the whole "Brie Larson made work on the Marvels impossible and the movie is a mess!!" """Leaks""" that started coming out a few days ago

:sicko
OBE

marrec

« Reply #44418 on: March 14, 2023, 10:16:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/page-3#post-102630985

Quote from: Fj0823
shame that the subreddit is gone because that was the best place on reddit to talk about the MCU. there weren't "ANYONE ELSE THINK CAPTAIN MARVEL IS A MARY SUE?!?!?!" threads
Agreed, they were also collectibly calling out the bullshit smell out of the whole "Brie Larson made work on the Marvels impossible and the movie is a mess!!" """Leaks""" that started coming out a few days ago

:sicko

#BelieveVictims except if they are victims of Brie Larson's tyranny on set.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44419 on: March 14, 2023, 10:19:47 AM »
It's well known that Brie Larson has a horse pussy. That's why you never see her in a skirt. She has to tuck it down her trousers into her boots.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44420 on: March 14, 2023, 10:30:57 AM »
Guy bumps thread with new evidence that proves Dwight is a transphobe
Gets #FactChecked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-regret-to-inform-you-that-dwight-from-the-office-is-posting-transphobic-memes-up-rainn-apologizes.596415/page-8#post-102630067

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rainn-wilson-says-tlou-hollywood-have-an-anti-christian-bias.696787/

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rainn-wilson-says-tlou-hollywood-have-an-anti-christian-bias.696787/page-2#post-102633805
Quote from:
Christianity being the beard for evil fucks rings as true as snow falling white and the sun setting in the west. Its what real ass humans have done ever since that stupid fucking book was made by a bunch of stupid evil men who wanted to control more people. I've known more bullshit artist self serving asshole youth leaders and priests than "good christians" and even haflway normal church going robots will look you straight in the eye and be fucking graceless when they tell you that you're heading to hell for who you are.

Make them the enemy in every movie and show forever cause that's what they actually are. I don't give a fuck how many great make believers there out there who aren't bigot ass fuckwits - the religion itself is shit and it reads so easily as the trait of an evil person because in the real world that's exactly what the church has been showing us for years. Protect rapist pedophile psychos? Hide money and shame your believers when they can't pay? Evangelical super yachts with the gold paint limo while their congregation starves or dies in the cold?

It's an evil religion run by evil people who couldn't be christ like to save their fucking lives. David seems like the perfect representation - a predator who uses the words to disarm.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 10:41:18 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44421 on: March 14, 2023, 10:44:41 AM »
Gets #FactChecked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-regret-to-inform-you-that-dwight-from-the-office-is-posting-transphobic-memes-up-rainn-apologizes.596415/page-8#post-102630067
Can’t believe the lead of James Gunn’s Super said that.
Also has this man ever read or seen Tartuffe? It’s like culture in general has been criticizing and mocking Christianity for centuries…

Boredfrom

« Reply #44422 on: March 14, 2023, 11:35:02 AM »
I've known more bullshit artist self serving asshole youth leaders and priests than "good christians" and even haflway normal church going robots will look you straight in the eye and be fucking graceless when they tell you that you're heading to hell for who you are.

Oh, is one of those: anti-fundie fundie.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44423 on: March 14, 2023, 11:39:03 AM »
Gets #FactChecked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rainn-wilson-says-tlou-hollywood-have-an-anti-christian-bias.696787/

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rainn-wilson-says-tlou-hollywood-have-an-anti-christian-bias.696787/page-2#post-102633805
Quote from:
Christianity being the beard for evil fucks rings as true as snow falling white and the sun setting in the west. Its what real ass humans have done ever since that stupid fucking book was made by a bunch of stupid evil men who wanted to control more people. I've known more bullshit artist self serving asshole youth leaders and priests than "good christians" and even haflway normal church going robots will look you straight in the eye and be fucking graceless when they tell you that you're heading to hell for who you are.

Make them the enemy in every movie and show forever cause that's what they actually are. I don't give a fuck how many great make believers there out there who aren't bigot ass fuckwits - the religion itself is shit and it reads so easily as the trait of an evil person because in the real world that's exactly what the church has been showing us for years. Protect rapist pedophile psychos? Hide money and shame your believers when they can't pay? Evangelical super yachts with the gold paint limo while their congregation starves or dies in the cold?

It's an evil religion run by evil people who couldn't be christ like to save their fucking lives. David seems like the perfect representation - a predator who uses the words to disarm.

Hmmmmmm.

*flipflipflipflip*

https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/

Inflammatory Generalizations

Context and intent will matter here, but take care to avoid making inflammatory generalizations that are likely to cause offense. This includes generalizations regarding gender, race, sexuality, nationality, and ethnicity. It can also apply to inflammatory accusations made against large groups or communities of people. Always try to make nuanced points rather than broad and sweeping statements.

I would say the mods know what to do… but we know what they will do.

marrec

« Reply #44424 on: March 14, 2023, 12:11:21 PM »
Gets #FactChecked

Edit:
Quote from:

Hmmmmmm.

*flipflipflipflip*

https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/

Inflammatory Generalizations

Context and intent will matter here, but take care to avoid making inflammatory generalizations that are likely to cause offense. This includes generalizations regarding gender, race, sexuality, nationality, and ethnicity. It can also apply to inflammatory accusations made against large groups or communities of people. Always try to make nuanced points rather than broad and sweeping statements.

I would say the mods know what to do… but we know what they will do.

(Image removed from quote.)

It's time to plaaaay:

WHAT

IF

THEY

WERE

TALKING

ABOUT

ISLAMMM!!!

*game show theme starts*

thetylerrob

« Reply #44425 on: March 14, 2023, 12:18:22 PM »
Or Jews or Trans or

benjipwns

« Reply #44426 on: March 14, 2023, 12:44:07 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #44427 on: March 14, 2023, 12:45:17 PM »
Edit:
Quote from:
It's an evil religion run by evil people who couldn't be christ like to save their fucking lives.
Christ wasn't that great and he had some pretty illogical ideas. And don't get me started on those Twelve. :kermit

Daffy Duck

« Reply #44428 on: March 14, 2023, 12:53:00 PM »
How is the first tweet even problematic?

RE constantly considers depictions as problematic etc. but now it's wrong and even bigoted because he thinks the evil christian preacher is a bit of a trope

What in the living fuck is this response

This dude sucks.

I get so tired of Christians being so DESPERATE to be persecuted.

Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44429 on: March 14, 2023, 01:09:40 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44430 on: March 14, 2023, 01:19:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot33-afeela-good-about-2023.673489/page-366#post-102625330
Unless you are terminally online and refreshing Twitter or 4chan 24/7, avoiding leaks for average person is not a factor. They won’t even see them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/

benjipwns

« Reply #44431 on: March 14, 2023, 01:24:08 PM »
What in the living fuck is this response

This dude sucks.

I get so tired of Christians being so DESPERATE to be persecuted.

Get off the cross, we need the wood.
:spiders

benjipwns

« Reply #44432 on: March 14, 2023, 01:38:20 PM »
It's time to plaaaay:

WHAT

IF

THEY

WERE

TALKING

ABOUT

ISLAMMM!!!

*game show theme starts*
Islam is a peaceful religion that does not oppress anyone because it is a small minority in locations such as Dearborn and Minneapolis. We should all be working to better align our values with the lived experience of Muslims rather than having inherent disregard and dismissing their truth simply because they are not white cishet males. This is not to mention how much Islam has done for the world like inventing universities and libraries and bringing much needed diversity to Medieval Europe. I'm not surprised that a transphobe like yourself would also be an Islamophobe because of your unrelenting bigotry against queer theology.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #44433 on: March 14, 2023, 01:59:57 PM »
corpo shilling on Resetera  ???

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-bet-the-super-mario-bros-movie-vs-the-little-mermaid-which-grosses-more-which-reviews-better.696568/
Given that gambling addiction is a mental illness and a thread encouraging users to bet could exacerbate this condition, I declare the OP, premise and contents ableist.

It's a big oof from me, I'm afraid.
woke

Boredfrom

« Reply #44434 on: March 14, 2023, 02:43:24 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #44435 on: March 14, 2023, 02:49:23 PM »
They have an opportunity here to fix the Asian stereotype and make Short Round more than a gag of the times. I don’t know if Spielberg would be up for that, but I’m down for it!
Yeah, they should definitely put the production back together to film a post-credits scene for this.

I can't wait to get upset that it's just a post-credits scene rather than the main plot of the movie. Fucking Spielberg chickening out of achieving any social justice yet again. Never liked him that much.

Propagandhim

« Reply #44436 on: March 14, 2023, 02:50:41 PM »
What is the Asian stereotype with Short Round?  That all Asians are children?  He didn't even do any math in that movie.

benjipwns

« Reply #44437 on: March 14, 2023, 02:52:46 PM »
What is the Asian stereotype with Short Round?  That all Asians are children?  He didn't even do any math in that movie.
That they're pickpockets who live in Asia and are not great drivers. Some of them are pickpockets and poor drivers in America. :ufup

Propagandhim

« Reply #44438 on: March 14, 2023, 02:54:28 PM »
And yet he's still loveable.  That's called positive representation aka Asian Boy Magic.

Boredfrom

« Reply #44439 on: March 14, 2023, 02:55:09 PM »
They only care because the dude was making rounds during the Oscar season. Good for Quan for being so outspoken and talking about those issues and winning the Oscar, but people like RE are such shallow motherfuckers that diverse for them is shallow pandering in big IPs.

benjipwns

« Reply #44440 on: March 14, 2023, 02:56:58 PM »
And yet he's still loveable.  That's called positive representation aka Asian Boy Magic.
Yeah, I'd bet you think they're loveable and should be on the front lines of society. Confucius say: try not dehumanizing all Asian people sometime.

marrec

« Reply #44441 on: March 14, 2023, 02:57:41 PM »
It's time to plaaaay:

WHAT

IF

THEY

WERE

TALKING

ABOUT

ISLAMMM!!!

*game show theme starts*
Islam is a peaceful religion that does not oppress anyone because it is a small minority in locations such as Dearborn and Minneapolis. We should all be working to better align our values with the lived experience of Muslims rather than having inherent disregard and dismissing their truth simply because they are not white cishet males. This is not to mention how much Islam has done for the world like inventing universities and libraries and bringing much needed diversity to Medieval Europe. I'm not surprised that a transphobe like yourself would also be an Islamophobe because of your unrelenting bigotry against queer theology.

I think one of the modern luminaries of Islamist culture, Ruhollah Khomeini, put it best when he said:

"The efforts of this [Islamic] government will be crowned with success when we become able to destroy the heads of treason, the idols, the human images and false gods" of Western Colonialism.

Now that I think about it though for real, early Islamist writers like Al-e-Ahmad and Khomeini would fit right into current progressive thought cannon. I mean, I'm continually surprised that they aren't more culturally relevant in today's Marxist infused discourse. How long before modern western socialists turn toward the built in values of religion in order to control the lower classes like Khomeini and Al-e-Ahmad did?

EDIT:

I mean, like... for real real, carepost level 100%, how is it that modern anarchists/Marxists aren't adopting Islamist authenticity ideology in order to trojan horse their political views?

Westerners are all stuck in the 19th and 20th century political philosophy meanwhile Islam and Hinduism have adapted and updated Marx and Bakunin for a modern audience.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 03:04:15 PM by marrec »

Propagandhim

« Reply #44442 on: March 14, 2023, 03:00:25 PM »

I....I...agree.

benjipwns

« Reply #44443 on: March 14, 2023, 03:02:41 PM »
I think Islam and the Islamic World has done a lot of great work problematizing and queering the white cishetnormative neoliberal values of capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy. The people in those countries are rewarded with spiritual values and real community building through sovereign wealth funds rather than being fed false propaganda about democracy and rights and the "benefits" of work and AI generated art.

edit: How can I forget the Western objectification of women?!?

Boredfrom

« Reply #44444 on: March 14, 2023, 03:02:59 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #44445 on: March 14, 2023, 03:05:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I....I...agree.

:doge

I miss the joke?

The joke is I'm too fucking stupid to have an opinion about what Marrec said, even though I know it's obvious sarcasm.  So, like all my moral dilemmas, I'm outsourcing my inherent disregard to a speak-and-spell.  And if you don't like it, FuuuuUCCCkkk OOooOOFFFfff

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44446 on: March 14, 2023, 03:06:44 PM »

I mean, the thing here is the supposition that there's so much ongoing news happening, editorial mandates are necessary to create the lens through which to filter events.
When, to my eyes at least, the rise in punditry as news and editorial gaining as big a platform as reportage is a direct result of the rise of the 24 hour news channel and the need to fill that space with content that otherwise just isn't there.

"A thing happened, here's the facts in plain language" is as close to an objective truth as you can get, but you also only need to put it on a website / newsfeed once.

marrec

« Reply #44447 on: March 14, 2023, 03:07:58 PM »
It's time to plaaaay:

WHAT

IF

THEY

WERE

TALKING

ABOUT

ISLAMMM!!!

*game show theme starts*

I think one of the modern luminaries of Islamist culture, Ruhollah Khomeini, put it best when he said:

"The efforts of this [Islamic] government will be crowned with success when we become able to destroy the heads of treason, the idols, the human images and false gods" of Western Colonialism.

Now that I think about it though for real, early Islamist writers like Al-e-Ahmad and Khomeini would fit right into current progressive thought cannon. I mean, I'm continually surprised that they aren't more culturally relevant in today's Marxist infused discourse. How long before modern western socialists turn toward the built in values of religion in order to control the lower classes like Khomeini and Al-e-Ahmad did?

EDIT:

I mean, like... for real real, carepost level 100%, how is it that modern anarchists/Marxists aren't adopting Islamist authenticity ideology in order to trojan horse their political views?

Westerners are all stuck in the 19th and 20th century political philosophy meanwhile Islam and Hinduism have adapted and updated Marx and Bakunin for a modern audience.

To answer my own question now that I have thought about it for more than three minutes, western individualism is inherently incompatible with eastern authenticity politics so nvm disregard

I think Islam and the Islamic World has done a lot of great work problematizing and queering the white cishetnormative neoliberal values of capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy. The people in those countries are rewarded with spiritual values and real community building through sovereign wealth funds rather than being fed false propaganda about democracy and rights and the "benefits" of work and AI generated art.

edit: How can I forget the Western objectification of women?!?

GOD DAMNIT BENJI YOU BEAT MY OWN FUCKING ANSWER TO MY OWN FUCKING QUESTION WHILE STILL AVOIDING CAREPOSTING
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 03:13:41 PM by marrec »

benjipwns

« Reply #44448 on: March 14, 2023, 03:08:35 PM »
:doge

I miss the joke?
Stop being so dogematic to white cishet male ways of thinking and accept that other cultures may have superior ways of knowing the meaning of the universe than your backwards fetishized commodification of "reality" that exists purely to justify exploitation instead of the liberation of humanity from want.

Propagandhim

« Reply #44449 on: March 14, 2023, 03:09:46 PM »
exactly, the problem i have with boredfrom is he's constantly keeping humanity in chains

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44450 on: March 14, 2023, 03:12:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-102645655

JKR: "My beliefs are important to me, so I voiced them even though I knew there might be backlash"
era: "fucking evil bitch deliberately trying to hurt people"

benjipwns

« Reply #44451 on: March 14, 2023, 03:12:55 PM »
exactly, the problem i have with boredfrom is he's constantly keeping humanity in chains
It's true, there's an award winning deeply researched (and not at all completely made up delusional conspiracy theory) book about this:

Propagandhim

« Reply #44452 on: March 14, 2023, 03:14:08 PM »
wow boredfrom, that's fuckin sus, like that's literally fuckin sus rn

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44453 on: March 14, 2023, 03:18:12 PM »
"JK Rowling knew her fans would be deeply unhappy over her trans views"

Her views being...transwomen are worthy of respect and love, but biological realities should not be ignored since they affect and impact cis women? These people need to get a fucking grip. Do they not know that the majority of people don't even agree with Rowling? The average normie thinks being trans isn't even REAL; they don't even think they deserve any kind of public acknowledgment over biological women. JK Rowling is literally more accepting than the average person on the street.

benjipwns

« Reply #44454 on: March 14, 2023, 03:20:53 PM »
They can't harm those people (yet) they can (maybe, hopefully) harm Joanne or at least people who like Harry Potter.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44456 on: March 14, 2023, 03:25:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot33-afeela-good-about-2023.673489/page-366#post-102625330
Unless you are terminally online and refreshing Twitter or 4chan 24/7, avoiding leaks for average person is not a factor. They won’t even see them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/
Do you think they'll stop erasing it when it finally drops from the #1 spot?

If they do it'll be kind of  :letsfukk
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44457 on: March 14, 2023, 03:28:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/post-102645655

JKR: "My beliefs are important to me, so I voiced them even though I knew there might be backlash"
era: "fucking evil bitch deliberately trying to hurt people"
Would Ree rather she lied about it?

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44458 on: March 14, 2023, 03:32:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tilda-swinton-says-she-refuses-to-wear-a-mask-or-adhere-to-covid-rules-on-set-of-new-film.696943/

It's 2023 lol.
I could understand the "what an asshole" takes for not wearing a mask before the vax came out, but now the mask stuff is just virtue signaling. Even moreso with it being 2023. Wear one if you want to, but I'm not going to wear one at all unless I'm in close quarters with someone who's legitimately immunocompromised.

Not surprised Ree has latched onto this since it gives them yet another meaningless thing to spaz out about and bring up the next time Tilda is mentioned.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44459 on: March 14, 2023, 03:35:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tilda-swinton-says-she-refuses-to-wear-a-mask-or-adhere-to-covid-rules-on-set-of-new-film.696943/

It's 2023 lol.
Wait, there are still covid rules? We haven't had any for almost a year now. What the fuck have the rest of you guys been doing?
Spud