Author Topic: Avengers = Movie of the Year :trollface :smug :umad  (Read 30291 times)

Tasty

Re: Avengers = Movie of the Year :trollface :smug :umad
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
Batman just look stale and boring after Avengers.

>:(

TDKR is going to make Avengers look like Transformers.

Himu

« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »
Batman just look stale and boring after Avengers.

>:(

TDKR is going to make Avengers look like Transformers.

I saw The Avengers with my dad. THAT is how you do a comic book movie. My dad and I have been geeking out for the past HOUR talking about how awesome that movie was. Best comic movie I've ever seen and one of the most memorable film experiences I ever had. It was like the whole audience had the time of their lives. Dude after the movie said Batman was gonna top it, but we just laughed in his face. lmao
:rofl

That Guy is at every comic film showing, I swear
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
Andres is...THAT GUY.

dog

Tasty

« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
:lol I loved the movie! But saying TDKR "looks stale" is :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #304 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »
Spider-Man looks pretty good in 3D, but it and Batman just look stale and boring after Avengers.

So Manabyte has deemed Joss Whedon to NOT be a threat to the reputations of either George Lucas or Walt Disney.  Good to know!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2012, 12:22:28 AM »
I've always thought that every Batman after Returns was a bit shit. After all the crying I've done in here about Bane I don't think it will be a better movie for me. But then again I also cried about Pym and Janet.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2012, 01:10:22 AM »
You know, Momo, you really do complain a lot. No offense.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2012, 01:50:39 AM »
I don't take that as an offense, it's something I am aware of myself.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2012, 02:01:14 AM »
spider man looks like crap..

TDKR...eh I'm on the fence. I trust Nolan BUT it seems like this could be a giant mess. Bane, Catwoman, ninjas, some dude who might be the next Batman...bleh

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2012, 03:14:54 AM »
:umad

:trollface

Ugh, we don't really have these emoticons.
Unzip

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »
:umad

:trollface

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2012, 03:51:29 AM »
I really don't understand any of the hype for this movie. I don't have any interest in seeing it, maybe d/l it one day...

Bebpo

« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2012, 04:16:55 AM »
I'm split on Batman.  Bane looks fucking stupid as does Catwoman (though Anne Hathway is awesome).

The trailer was REALLY GOOD and it looks like the movie is going to be super fucked up and epic.  The football stadium scene looks like it's going to be brutal.

otoh the trailer spoiled the entire goddamn movie and all its plot twists (especially if you've read the Bane comic arc), so I'm less excited knowing what they're probably going to do with it:

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMICS, SPOILERS GUESSES FOR NEW BATMAN
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have Bane break Bale batman's back an replace Bale batman with Levitt batman.  I swear there was a shot in the trailer of Levitt in the batman outfit talking and they only showed Levitt in like 500 cuts of the trailer.  I guess the only real surprise in that case will be if they do wheelchair Bale rolls off the scene or if they actually kill Bale.  I guess I'm also curious to see what Bane's motivations are for what seems like murdering a billion people going from the trailer.  Been a while since I read the comic but I don't remember him being a mass murderer hell bent and killing everyone in gotham.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:18:31 AM by Bebpo »

« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32:25 AM »
Okay, so I saw the Avengers last night (and in 3D by accident). The movie was okay. No DKR trailer, which would have been the best part.

It was about on par with the first Ironman, so about a 5.5/10. Enjoyable but nothing to write home about.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:45:22 AM by FlameofCallandorReturns »

« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »
Have Bane break Bale batman's back an replace Bale batman with Levitt batman.  I swear there was a shot in the trailer of Levitt in the batman outfit talking and they only showed Levitt in like 500 cuts of the trailer.  I guess the only real surprise in that case will be if they do wheelchair Bale rolls off the scene or if they actually kill Bale.  I guess I'm also curious to see what Bane's motivations are for what seems like murdering a billion people going from the trailer.  Been a while since I read the comic but I don't remember him being a mass murderer hell bent and killing everyone in gotham.
[close]

My theory is that Batman dies but nobody takes his place. Instead all of gotham stands up for what batman stood for and thus not needing a single super hero.
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
My theory is that Batman dies but nobody takes his place. Instead all of gotham stands up for what batman stood for and thus not needing a single super hero.
[close]

:supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay :supergay
[close]
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »
I'm split on Batman.  Bane looks fucking stupid as does Catwoman (though Anne Hathway is awesome).

The trailer was REALLY GOOD and it looks like the movie is going to be super fucked up and epic.  The football stadium scene looks like it's going to be brutal.

otoh the trailer spoiled the entire goddamn movie and all its plot twists (especially if you've read the Bane comic arc), so I'm less excited knowing what they're probably going to do with it:

[close]

I doubt it's going to follow the comic so stringently and you're definitely underestimating Nolan if you think the trailers have given everything away. I remember people saying the same about the last TDK trailer and TDK was basically nothing like it, kept twisting and turning and especially the ending no one could have predicted.

As for Bane I believe it was confirmed
he's in charge of the new League of Shadows and wants to finish what Neeson started in BB.
[close]

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
Thor vs. Hulk and Thor vs. Iron Man scenes were awesome. I really liked that there was some intra-squad drama in the film. It would have felt too clean and easy if the heroes never went at each other.

TIL AWESOM-O has never read one issue of any comic, ever
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:43 PM »
now that hulk won the film, please make planet hulk and world war hulk a reality
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #319 on: May 10, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »
At the end of Avengers 2 they send Hulk into space, set up Planet Hulk, release Planet Hulk film, final Avengers film is World War Hulk

DO IT
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #320 on: May 10, 2012, 01:26:29 PM »

[close]

I doubt it's going to follow the comic so stringently and you're definitely underestimating Nolan if you think the trailers have given everything away. I remember people saying the same about the last TDK trailer and TDK was basically nothing like it, kept twisting and turning and especially the ending no one could have predicted.

he's in charge of the new League of Shadows and wants to finish what Neeson started in BB.
[close]

that's distinguished mentally-challenged. they couldn't use talia?
[close]
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #321 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »

[close]

[close]

that's distinguished mentally-challenged. they couldn't use talia?
[close]

Apparently
she's in too, Mal from Inception is playing her. Although she recently flat out denied that's who she was in an interview, I don't buy it.
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:33 PM »

[close]
Oh god jesus wtf.

Tasty

« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
SACRILEGE!

Pretty obvious from the trailers they were messing with his origin, considering how he looks and talks.

Himu

« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
rofl
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2012, 03:03:50 PM »
From Takei's FB page...

Hulk delivering a muffled goatse :bow
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »
Thor vs. Hulk and Thor vs. Iron Man scenes were awesome. I really liked that there was some intra-squad drama in the film. It would have felt too clean and easy if the heroes never went at each other.

I'll admit I haven't read many comics, but how were you able to discern that from my comment?

because the avengers fight all the fucking time
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »
I'm sure if you went far back enough you could find a super team without a lot internal conflict, but we'd probably be talking about the Justice Society or something.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »

I'll admit I haven't read many comics, but how were you able to discern that from my comment?

because the avengers fight all the fucking time
I like how Thor fucked Iron Man up big time and told him to piss off recently.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »
I feel like reading some good ol' cheesy 90's Marvel. I'd appreciate some recommendations (from their app's store).

Infinity Gauntlet? Wars?
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #330 on: May 13, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
Read Gauntlet, then War

and if it's on there, Age of the Apocalypse
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #331 on: May 13, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
Gauntlet and Wars are awesome 80's though, for cheesy 90's age of apocalypse, the clone saga, onslaught, some fabio thor books.
Drunk

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: May 13, 2012, 12:21:53 PM »
Avengers picks up another $100 Million this weekend domestically, and crosses $1 Billion worldwide. Avatard annihilated.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #333 on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
:bow
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #334 on: May 13, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Gauntlet and Wars were 90s.

(Gauntlet #2 was the first comic I ever bought btw)
___

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
Why is Loki so sexy?

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »
I'm slowly going through the Gauntlet arc. So far it's deliciously 90's cheesy, so it's definitely money well spent. I look forward to seeing Thanos on the big screen.
Unzip

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2012, 10:00:48 AM »
CBG

Beezy

« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
Finally saw this last night. Besides a few corny lines, it did not disappoint. Hulk easily stole all the action scenes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:05:36 AM by Beezy »

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
Only Ironman and Hulk were known characters to me. Didn't knew the other obscure comic characters

But I liked the movie.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
Only Ironman and Hulk were known characters to me. Didn't knew the other obscure comic characters

But I liked the movie.
Ironman was significantly more obscure than Captain America and Thor before RDJ's movies interestingly enough.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
how can you not know who captain america is? he's not obscure in the least bit.
nat

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Avengers = Movie of the Year :trollface :smug :umad
« Reply #342 on: May 20, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
He's from europe, obviously captain america doesn't have the same appeal here.

As a kid we got spiderman, hulk, fantastic four and ironman cartoons. I think I've only been aware of Thor as a comic book character for a few years now.
brb

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »

But I liked the movie.

Wait, what the fuck?

cool breeze

« Reply #344 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »
Iron Man is obscure?  :wtf

Other than Hulk, no other Avengers character was present in 90s and 2000s as Iron Man.  All up in cartoons and video games.  Captain America is an icon but Iron Man was popular before the movie.  Thor was the hard sell.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #345 on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »
I was made aware of Iron Man and Captain America through watching the 1966 cartoons that were broadcasted up until the early 90's in my region. :lol

(It really brings back memories)

Thor is the only major Marvel character that I wasn't familiar with up until the mid-2000s. I can't remember when I was first introduced to Hawkeye, but I've known about him since the 90's (probably as a guest character in a cartoon or comic). Black Widow, on the other hand, was a name I never heard of before the RDJ's movies. Overall, I don't think the Avengers as a team were that prominent or popular in many parts of the world before, and that's part of what makes the popularity of the movie so astounding, especially when you look at international numbers. I guess Marvel Studios played their cards right with their build-up to the release.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:35:10 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »
Hulk was arguably the most popular Marvel character of the bunch prior to the superhero movie trend of the 2000s.
Unzip

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2012, 03:41:40 PM »

But I liked the movie.

Wait, what the fuck?

Comic characters I'm now familiar with

- Spiderman
- Superman
- Ironman
- Batman
- Xmen
- Hulk

But only because of movies and tv-shows. I don't read comic shit.

Never heard of Thor (as a comic hero), Hawkeye and Black Widow before.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Never watched Ironman 2. I heard she stars in that movie also.

Captain America was an obscure hero to me also.

I even thought Ironman was obscure before the movie came out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:45:20 PM by Third »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
I was made aware of Iron Man and Captain America through watching the 1966 cartoons that were broadcasted up until the early 90's in my region. :lol

Ha, I'd like to see those. I've only seen the 60's Spider-Man (before it became a popular internet meme! :hipster) and it's hilarious.
©@©™

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »
Him and Spider-Man easily.

Oh yeah, definitely. If you were living in the Middle East, your first exposure to Spiderman would probably be this, as it preceded the broadcast of all the cartoons (and the comics were almost nonexistent)...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:15:13 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #350 on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
Morgan Freeman :bow
Unzip

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #351 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »

But I liked the movie.
Ironman was significantly more obscure than Captain America and Thor before RDJ's movies interestingly enough.

And he still is, really. Iron Man comics never really sold that well and they still don't even after the movies. My local shop gets about 10 copies a month of Invincible Iron Man and by the next month they have eight left.
CBG

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2012, 03:01:23 AM »

(It really brings back memories)

Thor is the only major Marvel character that I wasn't familiar with up until the mid-2000s. I can't remember when I was first introduced to Hawkeye, but I've known about him since the 90's (probably as a guest character in a cartoon or comic). Black Widow, on the other hand, was a name I never heard of before the RDJ's movies. Overall, I don't think the Avengers as a team were that prominent or popular in many parts of the world before, and that's part of what makes the popularity of the movie so astounding, especially when you look at international numbers. I guess Marvel Studios played their cards right with their build-up to the release.
I totally saw those as a kid too. It lead to this awesome parody as well :lol