Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5507384 times)

etiolate

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Twilight in America
« Reply #5400 on: May 09, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
If Trump goes, I'd rather it be via losing in an election.

If he is impeached over suspicion of connections to Russia when the other option was doing pay for play with other countries' leaders while in a state position? That's not just anger you'd be dealing with. It'd be sparkfire for civil war.

The left doesn't understand that the current right that approves Brexit and Trump or gets behind LePen is pro-democracy and fearful that western democracy is being unvalued. They mistake Trump being used as a mascot as Trump as tyrant. Both the movement and Trump are using each other, because the general mindset can't conjure up one of their own, so opportunists will step in to take that role.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5401 on: May 09, 2017, 06:51:22 PM »
He's certainly making a very easy case for a proper impeachment though.
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5402 on: May 09, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
"I was just following Jack Remington's advice" - Trump

agrajag

« Reply #5403 on: May 09, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »
Etiolate, even if Trump loses in 2020 his base will just claim it was rigged (Trump already laid the groundwork for that nonsense), so what's the difference?

etiolate

« Reply #5404 on: May 09, 2017, 07:00:53 PM »
Etiolate, even if Trump loses in 2020 his base will just claim it was rigged (Trump already laid the groundwork for that nonsense), so what's the difference?

The Alex Jones types will. However, they won't act upon it. As crazy as actual conspiracy theorists get, those that act out based upont heir theories tend to be single individuals. What I am more worried about is group action.

Like Le Pen lost, and places like t_d did their silly spins on it, but they're already moving on.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5405 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:52 PM »
I think you're wrong Eti. Nixon did the same thing, firing those who were investigating him, yet no conservatives today claim he was framed. They all say he was a traitor to the party rather than try to twist some justification for his actions. If Trump does go down, they'll admit to making a (small) mistake while trying to do the morally right thing by voting for conservatives.

It's a form of self-preservation that I have to confess old white people are the best at. They have it dialed in.

etiolate

« Reply #5406 on: May 09, 2017, 07:13:04 PM »
dp'd by server load
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:48:59 PM by etiolate »

Phoenix Dark

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5408 on: May 09, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »
This is fucking absurd
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5409 on: May 09, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »
This is fucking absurd

I agree, it's high time etoilet was lepered or something
yar

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #5410 on: May 09, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »
best outcome is comey releases the pee tape

Syph

« Reply #5411 on: May 09, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
It'd be really funny if Trump does get impeached to see Syph lose his shit, though.

And all the tasty bitter tears of Alt-Right America.
ayy lmao because then Pence would be in charge??
Unfortunately for you I don't care about Trump and have been pretty transparent about being anti-Hillary, not pro-Trump. Keep trying though.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
like do i really have to say Rubio 2020 again?
[close]
XO

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5412 on: May 09, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Excuse (alleged) treason because Alex Jones stans might get upset if anything is done, comrades brehs

agrajag

« Reply #5413 on: May 09, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »
If Trumo goes down, Pence probably goes down with him. Paul Ryan is weaksauce so I'm not worrying avout him too much if it comes to that.

Phoenix Dark

Boredfrom

« Reply #5415 on: May 09, 2017, 07:46:33 PM »
If Trump goes, I'd rather it be via losing in an election.

If he is impeached over suspicion of connections to Russia when the other option was doing pay for play with other countries' leaders while in a state position? That's not just anger you'd be dealing with. It'd be sparkfire for civil war.

The left doesn't understand that the current right that approves Brexit and Trump or gets behind LePen is pro-democracy and fearful that western democracy is being unvalued. They mistake Trump being used as a mascot as Trump as tyrant. Both the movement and Trump are using each other, because the general mindset can't conjure up one of their own, so opportunists will step in to take that role.

There is already a lot of fucking opportunists, Trump being the bigger one.

Come on the fuck on, Trump was never the democratic choice, it was the Banana Republic one.

Nola

« Reply #5416 on: May 09, 2017, 07:47:47 PM »
If Trumo goes down, Pence probably goes down with him. Paul Ryan is weaksauce so I'm not worrying avout him too much if it comes to that.

How can he possibly go down at this point?

Republicans aren't going to offer up a special prosecutor, and I am currently listening to Susan Collins on PBS already falling in line and of course mentioning the farcical nature of the Senate investigation.

Also, how the fuck does this woman still have a job in Maine? She is the perfect model of the caricature of an empty rhetorical moderate that underneath it is just a spineless party loyalist?

Nola

« Reply #5417 on: May 09, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »

The left doesn't understand that the current right that approves Brexit and Trump or gets behind LePen is pro-democracy and fearful that western democracy is being unvalued.

Fucking  :neogaf

EDIT: I mean sure, I guess to an extent. It's just through the prism of a distorted and contorted narrative of what western democracy is. Which in their mind is the evil of liberalism, brown people, and being mean to Trump. Seeing that as Trump cleaning up the swamp, needs to install Giuliani as FBI director, and indict Clinton over those emails. That is literally what is being talked about right now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:54:30 PM by Nola »

etiolate

« Reply #5418 on: May 09, 2017, 07:52:19 PM »
It true.

Syph

« Reply #5419 on: May 09, 2017, 07:53:14 PM »
The hysteria is hilarious, as is tradition it seems. Wishful thinking etc.
Comey being fired is a pretty decent sized red flag, but demoshits just suddenly pretend they didn't want Comey gone all along.

Special prosecutor/independent commission would definitely allay some fears, though that seems highly unlikely given the rampant lack of bipartisanship by, well, anyone.
Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for some news though, as no further statements are being issued today ( :gurl)
XO

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #5420 on: May 09, 2017, 07:54:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/862089192603607041

whewwwww
"Thank you Comey for letting me know on 3 entirely separate occasions that I'm not under investigation.  You also mentioned numerous times that I'm also a fantastic leader with zero ties to Russia. I recall you also commended me on my large, powerful hands and how I probably had a large penis (which I do). There is no problem there, let me tell you.

Also, You're Fired™"

Syph

« Reply #5421 on: May 09, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/862089192603607041

whewwwww
"Thank you Comey for letting me know on 3 entirely separate occasions that I'm not under investigation.  You also mention numerous times that I'm also a fantastic leader with zero ties to Russia. I recall you also commended me on my large, powerful my hands and how I probably had a large penis (which I do). There is no problem there, let me tell you.

Also, You're Fired™"

10/10
XO

Boredfrom

« Reply #5422 on: May 09, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »
It true.

The problem is that people like Le Pen or Trump are all for democracy while having a huge shady past and conflict of interests, even beyond normal politicians.

Nola

« Reply #5423 on: May 09, 2017, 07:57:37 PM »
The hysteria is hilarious, as is tradition it seems.
Comey being fired is a pretty decent sized red flag, but demoshits just suddenly pretend they didn't want Comey gone all along.

Special prosecutor/independent commission would definitely allay some fears, though that seems highly unlikely given the rampant lack of bipartisanship by, well, anyone.
Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for some news though, as no further statements are being issued today ( :gurl)

Context, how does it work  :idont

It's almost like why and under what circumstances a firing takes place should be taken into account?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5424 on: May 09, 2017, 07:58:35 PM »
It true.

Oh, they must be very worried about restrictive voter id laws then

Alternately: it's about concern for democracy, actually
yar

agrajag

« Reply #5425 on: May 09, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
Syph, come on bro. Dems were pissed at Comey, but firing him NOW? For something that Trump was cheerleading in the first place? It's suspect as fuck.

Syph

« Reply #5426 on: May 09, 2017, 08:03:38 PM »
Syph, come on bro. Dems were pissed at Comey, but firing him NOW? For something that Trump was cheerleading in the first place? It's suspect as fuck.
I am totally agreeing that it's suspect as fuck.
But I'm alluding to the fact that after months and months of russian-related hysteria and "trump is literally hitler and will be impeached" comments, you'll have to excuse if I want to wait the extra 24 hours before joining in the chorus of screaming bloody murder until something concrete (ie. Comey says something, or something directly linking Trump to something illegal leaks) comes out.

Watergate though?
XO

agrajag

« Reply #5427 on: May 09, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »
Good thing the Dem's positions aren't strictly binary like Syph's :lol

agrajag

« Reply #5428 on: May 09, 2017, 08:05:27 PM »
The thing is Syph, if there is no "there there" this dumbass administration is creating a scandal out of nothing for themselves. Either way it's a shit show.

Nola

« Reply #5429 on: May 09, 2017, 08:06:33 PM »
It true.

They are concerned, sort of, but only through this distorted, fucked up prism where liberalism and brown people have done so much harm that we need to suspend democracy in areas if necessary, to take back our country!  They know the truth - like Hillary's emails and Obama spying on Trump - they just need people that will cut through the bullshit and throw them in jail!

I get spammed shit like this by someone on Facebook, or a friend brings it up that someone sent them at least once a month. Used as evidence of why we need to impose harsh voter ID laws and kick brown people out:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/millions-hispanics-illegal-vote/2017/02/16/id/774045/
Its easily debunked bullshit but justifies these people's positions and their cult of personality leader they worship at.

When convenient and makes the case against liberals and brown people, you will get these appeals to the undermining of democracy, but really, its about punishing and removing liberals and brown people that they feel threatened by.

etiolate

« Reply #5430 on: May 09, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »
It true.

The problem is that people like Le Pen or Trump are all for democracy while having a huge shady past and conflict of interests, even beyond normal politicians.

You could ask a bunch of construction and union workers whether it was a good idea to trust Trump and they'd give you a big fat no. So it's funny that production job cities and some union workers went for Trump. (And he gave them some very un-conservative protectionism early, but he's still not a person I'd trust.)

But then you see Bernie talk about those people and their life, and you get way too much shit on the left screaming "we don't need to care about fucking white men!" (Because apparently only filthy rednecks work in unions.) And you see why people go back to a Trump type.

Syph

« Reply #5431 on: May 09, 2017, 08:07:36 PM »
You're awfully upset, Syph.
lol?

The thing is Syph, if there is no "there there" this dumbass administration is creating a scandal out of nothing for themselves. Either way it's a shit show.
oh ill be the first to admit this administration could benefit from taking a poli sci class or twenty haha
XO

Phoenix Dark

Nola

« Reply #5433 on: May 09, 2017, 08:15:11 PM »
It true.

You could ask a bunch of construction and union workers whether it was a good idea to trust Trump and they'd give you a big fat no. So it's funny that production job cities and some union workers went for Trump. (And he gave them some very un-conservative protectionism early, but he's still not a person I'd trust.)

But then you see Bernie talk about those people and their life, and you get way too much shit on the left screaming "we don't need to care about fucking white men!" (Because apparently only filthy rednecks work in unions.) And you see why people go back to a Trump type.

I have three friends that were all roughly politically disinterested liberals like me in High School. Didn't like Bush, preferred Al Gore, liked Clinton.

We see each other occasionally but I went off to college, they did their own things. But all three ended up in working class jobs around a lot of working class white people in their given fields.

10 years later they are now Trump supporters.

It was not because of some deep hurt feelings due to liberals in Seattle and Democrats in Washington that forgot about them. Most make near 6 figures and have good lives....They were just around white people that listened to Rush Limbaugh or watched FoxNews all day, passed around right-wing memes on social media, and experienced casual racism as a positive. So that was their inputs.... Now they think liberalism is the scourge of humanity.

Propoganda, it works.

Boredfrom

« Reply #5434 on: May 09, 2017, 08:16:57 PM »
It true.

I will not call it funny, but stupid and shortsighted. I feel sorry for them and even respect to an extent their vote... but not if they keep saying Trump was the better choice after this stunt.   

I agree to an extent... but Trump was the anti democratic choice   after his  initial refusal to accept the election results. The fact that the US electorate and the political parties failed to do something about that blatant red flag is more worrisome than having hurt feelings about being white.

etiolate

« Reply #5435 on: May 09, 2017, 08:17:29 PM »
It true.

They are concerned, sort of, but only through this distorted, fucked up prism where liberalism and brown people have done so much harm that we need to suspend democracy in areas if necessary, to take back our country!  They know the truth - like Hillary's emails and Obama spying on Trump - they just need people that will cut through the bullshit and throw them in jail!

I get spammed shit like this by someone on Facebook, or a friend brings it up that someone sent them at least once a month. Used as evidence of why we need to impose harsh voter ID laws and kick brown people out:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/millions-hispanics-illegal-vote/2017/02/16/id/774045/
Its easily debunked bullshit but justifies these people's positions and their cult of personality leader they worship at.

When convenient and makes the case against liberals and brown people, you will get these appeals to the undermining of democracy, but really, its about punishing and removing liberals and brown people that they feel threatened by.

They aren't threatened by skin color. You are less rational than you think you are and others are more rational than you give them credit for, but that's not a problem unique to you. We all have that problem to some degree.

They are afraid of Islamists. They should be. It is a threat to democracy. They are worried about shadow governments and globalism that works upon these un-elected representatives. They should be. That's not a democracy. (Everyone believes in some form of shadow government, so don't try to act like you do not know what I mean.)

There is nothing flimsy about Hillary's corruption. There is nothing flimsy about people seeking to create theocracies wherever they go.

Trump is a rich and powerful asshole who got elected by people who fear un-accountable and powerful people. Yes, that's a joke. I half wonder if it's a joke on purpose. There is certainly a punk rock fuckitup vibe to voting Trump. However, if you actually spend time listening to Trump voters and Trump friendly places then you start to see what creates Trump.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5436 on: May 09, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »
Several GOP senators have expressed displeasure and want for independent investigation in the last hour
püp

etiolate

« Reply #5437 on: May 09, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »
If that silver spoon talks like your drunk uncle and doesn't give a fuck then yeah it is. (In a warped way.)

Boredfrom

« Reply #5438 on: May 09, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
It true.

They aren't threatened by skin color. You are less rational than you think you are and others are more rational than you give them credit for, but that's not a problem unique to you. We all have that problem to some degree.

Well, I agree.

They are afraid of Islamists. They should be. It is a threat to democracy. They are worried about shadow governments and globalism that works upon these un-elected representatives. They should be. That's not a democracy. (Everyone believes in some form of shadow government, so don't try to act like you do not know what I mean.)

What Trump is doing is basically shadow governing and being globalist with a SPIN. You think he cares about nationalism?

There is nothing flimsy about Hillary's corruption. There is nothing flimsy about people seeking to create theocracies wherever they go.

ANd Trump is doing the same in a blatant way.

Trump is a rich and powerful asshole who got elected by people who fear un-accountable and powerful people. Yes, that's a joke. I half wonder if it's a joke on purpose. There is certainly a punk rock fuckitup vibe to voting Trump. However, if you actually spend time listening to Trump voters and Trump friendly places then you start to see what creates Trump.

That is not punk, that is just being a immature idiot that doesnt realize that world had its share of Trumps already or a really nihilistic self hating hipster that things that Post Truth is real term.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #5439 on: May 09, 2017, 08:29:04 PM »
Voting for Trump is about as "punk" as shopping at Hot Topic. FFS.
___

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5440 on: May 09, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »

So punk rock. So presidential.   :itagaki

Nola

« Reply #5441 on: May 09, 2017, 08:48:45 PM »

Of course they think about the world through that simple narrative nonsense. Its the why and how I was speaking too. Most Trump supporters are after all, lifelong conservatives. You can break them all down into different shades, some which are the ones that pollsters and strategists are so obsessed with right now, but most all rally around the same nonsense core dogma of anti-liberalism and hating brown people.

Also you can't BS me etoilet lol. It is not all that benign and equal. I am a clean cut 6 ft white male, that finished high school in a blue collar working class refinery town, and bartended into my 20's. I have spent years of my life in different parts of the south. Before I ever speak on politics every single person assumes I am a Republican based on my looks. It is easier to count the amount of people I know that don't hold casual racism that inform their views and political outlook then those who have worked past the cultural upbringing you get as a white person in the south.

I will throw a bone though, for many people they are not full on racist seeking to actively harm people through politics based on race, they have just been indoctrinated into an ongoing strategy that has roots in classic race and class politics that they regurgitate it's modern form without question or realization. But the end result is the same.

...Also the fear of Islam? Like the 5% that make up the population of France? Or the .9% of the population in America? Watch out, the CALIPHATE is coming!!!  :neogaf

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:56:45 PM by Nola »

Nola

« Reply #5442 on: May 09, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »
Several GOP senators have expressed displeasure and want for independent investigation in the last hour

Doesn't 'several' need to be 'a lot' for it to mean anything?

I might be foggy on this but didn't congress have to pass a bill to set up Kenneth Starr?

And it seems like when push comes to shove Republicans don't seem capable of even coming together in a bi-partisan way like with the 9/11 commission. And I doubt the deputy AG would do it?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #5443 on: May 09, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »
The alt-right/Trumpism/neofascism/right wing nationalism etc are a result of a society suffering the ills of #latecapitalism and prescribing itself a round of leeching in response. It's all hysteria and deeply held anxieties run amok. Actually being scared of an Islamic takeover is a perfect example. It's an idea so stupid that you can't take it at face value.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5444 on: May 09, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »
 :ohhh
This is some audacious bullshit from any whitehouse but par for the course when it comes to the mission at hand to destroy our democracy from within.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5445 on: May 09, 2017, 09:09:39 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5446 on: May 09, 2017, 09:10:14 PM »
whow

Nola

« Reply #5448 on: May 09, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »
The alt-right/Trumpism/neofascism/right wing nationalism etc are a result of a society suffering the ills of #latecapitalism and prescribing itself a round of leeching in response. It's all hysteria and deeply held anxieties run amok. Actually being scared of an Islamic takeover is a perfect example. It's an idea so stupid that you can't take it at face value.

Republicans have been successfully selling and fostering stupidity like that for over a generation.

How many dumb fucking Clinton conspiracies were swirling around in the 90's? Heck, how many still persist and helped fuel anti-Hillary mobilization?

Phoenix Dark

Boredfrom

« Reply #5450 on: May 09, 2017, 09:30:06 PM »

Republicans have been successfully selling and fostering stupidity like that for over a generation.

How many dumb fucking Clinton conspiracies were swirling around in the 90's? Heck, how many still persist and helped fuel anti-Hillary mobilization?

Okay, now this is the thing.

Why the democrats have not make a genuine counter plan of all this fostering of  ignorance?

Why pretend that Clinton baggage she has doesnt exist (whatever is justificated or not) when is clear that is that big with a lot of people and sopported so strongly?

etiolate

« Reply #5451 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »

Of course they think about the world through that simple narrative nonsense. Its the why and how I was speaking too. Most Trump supporters are after all, lifelong conservatives. You can break them all down into different shades, some which are the ones that pollsters and strategists are so obsessed with right now, but most all rally around the same nonsense core dogma of anti-liberalism and hating brown people.

Also you can't BS me etoilet lol. It is not all that benign and equal. I am a clean cut 6 ft white male, that finished high school in a blue collar working class refinery town, and bartended into my 20's. I have spent years of my life in different parts of the south. Before I ever speak on politics every single person assumes I am a Republican based on my looks. It is easier to count the amount of people I know that don't hold casual racism that inform their views and political outlook then those who have worked past the cultural upbringing you get as a white person in the south.

You have a very simple version of everyone else and more complex version of yourself. We're all fucked up and complex. Give other people that credit.

...Also the fear of Islam? Like the 5% that make up the population of France? Or the .9% of the population in America? Watch out, the CALIPHATE is coming!!!  :neogaf

Islamism isn't a racial demographic. It's an ideology. It can spread by the changing of a mind.

etiolate

« Reply #5452 on: May 09, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
Watching my social media timelines suddenly switch opinion on Comey is depressing. Yesterday he was a Trump stooge. Now he's viva la resistance.

Nola

« Reply #5453 on: May 09, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »

Why the democrats have not make a genuine counter plan of all this fostering of  ignorance?

Why pretend that Clinton baggage she has doesnt exist (whatever is justificated or not) when is clear that is that big with a lot of people and sopported so strongly?
I wish I knew, but it is sort of expected that you are going to struggle more and more in reaching areas of the country where the citizenry is being informed almost exclusively by conservative aligned churches, talk radio, right-wing social media, fox news, and politicians from the Republican party are the only ones that really come there to build a group identity with its citizens.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #5454 on: May 09, 2017, 10:01:55 PM »
eating ass and bacon
thank you based western civilization :rejoice

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5455 on: May 09, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »
Watching my social media timelines suddenly switch opinion on Comey is depressing. Yesterday he was a Trump stooge. Now he's viva la resistance.

Okay cut the shit.  What's your fucking point?
püp

Trurl

« Reply #5456 on: May 09, 2017, 10:13:59 PM »
Yesterday?  ::)

Boredfrom

« Reply #5457 on: May 09, 2017, 10:17:22 PM »

I wish I knew, but it is sort of expected that you are going to struggle more and more in reaching areas of the country where the citizenry is being informed almost exclusively by conservative aligned churches, talk radio, right-wing social media, fox news, and politicians from the Republican party are the only ones that really come there to build a group identity with its citizens.

Maybe is time to do a better job about it than "who knows". Something similar happens in Mexico too and believe, is not going to get better by let tribialism just get by unchecked.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5458 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:26 PM »
Actually being scared of an Islamic takeover is a perfect example. It's an idea so stupid that you can't take it at face value.

A friend of mine on this subject: "I don't know what 'sharia law' is. I just know everyone who brings up 'sharia law' is an asshole."

Syph

« Reply #5459 on: May 09, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »
lol
XO