Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 899941 times)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Re: DOJ |OT| We get it, you’re woke
« Reply #2400 on: November 23, 2019, 09:49:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-2

what we need is an incident manager

There is a member that does have this status I think it is Hobbes.

well where is this person, this is an incident that needs managing

Which one of you is this?
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2401 on: November 23, 2019, 09:59:50 PM »
I've been banned 9 times, but only warned 3.

Apparently. The staff don't know what a warning is, when it comes to me.

bitch, do you really not see you get lenient treatment that youre still posting after 9 fucking bans?

benita

« Reply #2402 on: November 23, 2019, 10:04:55 PM »
Shy continually posts like an asshole and will never be permanently banned.

Get the fuck out of here with any semblance of a persecution complex you whiny, entitled bitch.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 10:15:31 PM by benita »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2403 on: November 23, 2019, 10:07:31 PM »
I take back ever thinking unbanning KetKat was a bad idea, TVC you were right that it would lead to a slow boil.

EDIT: here comes BDS seeding the discord that will lead to a thread lock after more aggressive infighting and bans (not of BDS of course, as they’re protected).

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-3#post-26764973

Is this another thread where people who aren't actually part of marginalized groups hijack recent legitimate problems those users have had with moderation so that they can bitch about how the mods are too mean to them or whatever.

Drainage

« Reply #2404 on: November 23, 2019, 10:08:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-2

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-3#post-26764849
Quote from: Bookkoo
Y'all know an incident Manager is just a entry IT person right?

Sorry Hobbes, you are the hero in my heart

What is an Incident Manager?

Working in the area of information technology, an Incident Manager is essentially responsible for the upkeep and smooth operations of IT systems. They oversee all aspects of the incident management process, from evaluation to resolution. An Incident Manager records all issues and helps to design ways to prevent similar problems in the future. He or she will manage technical support teams, create procedures to deal with problems and develop solutions.

Incident Managers are employed in IT departments across all industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment growth for computer and information systems managers, including Incident Managers, will be 15 percent through 2024. Continued upgrades to newer computer systems and increased reliability on the operation of systems by all industries are major reasons for this expected growth.

Hobbes annihilated

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #2405 on: November 23, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »
This forum's had so many transphobic threads, so many sexist threads, racist threads, homophobic threads (and that's not even talking about gaming side) with the moderation team often unable to keep up

In what fucking universe does he live in? They have a thread ten eons long about putting all women in burkas because the landwhales and alphabet people that post there are pissed off that hot women exist and men enjoy fucking them.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2406 on: November 23, 2019, 10:19:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-3#post-26765307

Does anyone know of a forum like this one (a gaming forum with a stated focus on minority representation) that is well moderated that this site's staff could model themselves after?

One of y’all with a burner account needs to reply, extolling the virtues of moderation at The Bore.  After all, our mods support weeb shit and banned ResetBanBot.
 :nothot

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #2407 on: November 23, 2019, 10:20:42 PM »
This forum's had so many transphobic threads, so many sexist threads, racist threads, homophobic threads (and that's not even talking about gaming side) with the moderation team often unable to keep up

In what fucking universe does he live in? They have a thread ten eons long about putting all women in burkas because the landwhales and alphabet people that post there are pissed off that hot women exist and men enjoy fucking them.

And women with feminine penii enjoy fucking hot women too :mouf

benita

« Reply #2408 on: November 23, 2019, 10:22:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/post-26765372

Metacouncil has like one post every five hours, it's not exactly a strong model for ERA's moderation issues.

Annihilated.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2409 on: November 23, 2019, 10:28:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/post-26765372

Metacouncil has like one post every five hours, it's not exactly a strong model for ERA's moderation issues.

Annihilated.

Ok, Sweet Nicole.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2410 on: November 23, 2019, 10:31:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-3#post-26765307

Does anyone know of a forum like this one (a gaming forum with a stated focus on minority representation) that is well moderated that this site's staff could model themselves after?

One of y’all with a burner account needs to reply, extolling the virtues of moderation at The Bore.  After all, our mods support weeb shit and banned ResetBanBot.

Benji relentlessly doxxes dissidents to keep people in line here.

Annihilated.

A forum that reminds me of Metamucil™©®. Posts every 5 hours on the dot right to the millisecond.

benita

« Reply #2411 on: November 23, 2019, 10:33:41 PM »
Now Shy's got the thread digging into their history and ban reasons.

I don't think this is going the go the way they think it is.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2412 on: November 23, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »
Average mod age is probably 12.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2413 on: November 23, 2019, 10:40:55 PM »
Moderators here, for the most part, are literally fending off a hoard at the gates. I’ve been helped out numerous times by them directly. I’ve eaten some bans early on for being extremely harsh towards fascist dickheads, but moderation has since adjusted to the ever changing and frankly terrifying hot hell we are currently living in.

Shuri

« Reply #2414 on: November 23, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »
Do you guys think any ResetEra mods got E3 invites last year like the owner of the forum, who does not even post on his own forum?

The admins and mods doing this for free really should reconsider..

Tiops

« Reply #2415 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:08 PM »
Oh man Nepenthe fucked up defending their friend in that roofie thread. I hope they're not fired, there's a car that need to be paid in the next decade or so.

EDIT: I know mods aren't paid, I just wanted to joke about the car.

Pwnz

« Reply #2416 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:11 PM »
Once again, a bunch of egotistical asshats come into the thread and claim everyone else hijacked the era trans communities concerns. It's always about them. The way people got banned in the Thanksgiving thread and in the "lol I took 2 edibles and drove home tee hee" threads HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING TRANSPHOBIA.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2417 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:43 PM »
Do you guys think any ResetEra mods got E3 invites last year like the owner of the forum, who does not even posts on his own forum?

The admins and mods doing this for free really should reconsider if it’s worth it.

You’re basically giving away your time for free, to make someone else richer.

The ultimate level of CApiTaLisM

It's a sweet gig. Pocket money from ads and gold, people too caught up with being woke to ask about the $$$ and volunteer to run things FOR FREE.

thisismyusername

« Reply #2418 on: November 23, 2019, 10:51:07 PM »
Going back a few pages: TVC, that isn't the "top surgery" I was thinking of when I first read that term. :goty2

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2419 on: November 23, 2019, 10:51:52 PM »

I also fast track any well rounded individuals to admin status. No body shaming here #equality
fat

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2420 on: November 23, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »
First time I wished I had an Era account so I could go into the dui thread and tell Nepenthe to fucking retire bitch.

The one and only one thing gaf moderation got right was zero tolerance for dui. Instant perm.
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2421 on: November 23, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »

:teehee

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2422 on: November 23, 2019, 10:57:14 PM »
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION The timeline of events as laid out by the OP and reaffirmed by other members, as well as a determination by another member in the thread that the OP's BAC was too low to break the legal threshold in America, means we do not believe the OP posed a serious threat to other drivers on the road. Furthermore, the OP has agreed that his decisions were reckless. Ultimately, we do not condone driving under the influence; anyone who wants to criticize and/or educate the OP for driving home after having consumed edibles is free to do so. Continued hostility towards the OP will be moderated as such.
Being under the legal limit for BAC does not prevent you from being too impaired to drive or from receiving a DUI. It's a single one-size-fits-all standard so it's more difficult to challenge in court, it is not at all medically chosen.

Especially when combined with other drugs. If you're Nepenthe's size and take something like ambien with your glass of wine because you're an idiot there's a good chance you won't even know where the fuck you are let alone be able to operate the motor vehicle you have 83 months left on your loan for.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2423 on: November 23, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »
Quote from: hetch
Tbf I wish that was the case too, but it’s a limitation of the software.

Did all the coding design beautiful mind savants at the helm of creating a new paradigm in forums leave in droves?

benjipwns

« Reply #2424 on: November 23, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »
You'd think one of the world's most popular forum software solutions would have all kinds of add-ons and crap that any Tyler Malka could quickly add to their forum when engaged.

Pwnz

« Reply #2425 on: November 23, 2019, 11:01:29 PM »
Yeah that "roofie" thread is nuts. Strong edibles are just as bad as booze. Someone gave me a dozen cookies once and I had 2 and asked if it was like 20mg per cookie and proceeded to tell me it was 1g for the batch and I strapped myself in bed and watched F is for family. I remember seeing the show in 2.5D and my short term memory stopped at 10 seconds at a certain point where I would laugh at jokes and as I'm still laughing not remember the joke anymore. My face was sore from laughter. Who the fuck eats edibles and then waits 30 minutes and starts driving.

benjipwns

« Reply #2426 on: November 23, 2019, 11:02:58 PM »
By the way, Brock Reiher's ban has finally been set to a duration of one week.
...For a post he made seven days ago, so does that mean he's gonna get unbanned in like a few hours, or the twenty-eighth?
Should be in a few hours. I don't know the exact time however as the ban system is a bit finicky in regards to time zones.

Meanwhile:
User banned (duration pending): History of hostility towards members and staff, posting private messages with other users as a personal attack

Called it! :ego
I'm going to pin this ScribbleD post to my new tab page and check it daily now. I'd have to check the Mod Admiral records but ten days is definitely up there at the longest a duration has been pending. Especially since both the only other two people in the kerfuffle not only had "mass" movements to undo their ban but are back posting on the site by now.

BadAss2961

« Reply #2427 on: November 23, 2019, 11:09:15 PM »
Do you guys think any ResetEra mods got E3 invites last year like the owner of the forum, who does not even posts on his own forum?

The admins and mods doing this for free really should reconsider if it’s worth it.

You’re basically giving away your time for free, to make someone else richer.

The ultimate level of CApiTaLisM
It's a sweet gig. Pocket money from ads and gold, people too caught up with being woke to ask about the $$$ and volunteer to run things FOR FREE.
So who's down to pick up the pieces when Cerium gets Evilore'd?

Cerium jacked that fool under a guise of FAIR and BALANCED. Now he's eating off those poor saps who live their lives within their own sub-communities of a gaming forum.

I respect his hustle.

thisismyusername

« Reply #2428 on: November 23, 2019, 11:17:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/post-26765800

Quote from: Hecht
Tbf I wish that was the case too, but it’s a limitation of the software.

Are you kidding me? Xenforo can't pull a Something Awful?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2429 on: November 23, 2019, 11:17:17 PM »
The last page as expected is everyone shitting on musk/tesla

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesla-announcing-cybertruck-tonight-at-8pm-pt-blade-runner-inspired-all-electric-pickup-truck-today-is-when-blade-runner-takes-place.154545/page-35

This though:

Matte Black looks sweet. (Did profile check, this person seems ok to link to. Turns out he's a Halo concept designer)

:delicious

nudemacusers

« Reply #2430 on: November 23, 2019, 11:18:05 PM »
Wait did the staff really try to minimize driving while high, so high you couldn’t tell that the drugs you took were making you high? Because they thought only alcohol counted against you?

:dead
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2431 on: November 23, 2019, 11:19:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-ever-happened-to-the-transparency-that-era-was-founded-upon.154922/page-4#post-26766094
I just see the rules not applied uniformly. Example:

-Thread 1: Poster A calls Poster B a "fucking douchebag idiot".
Result: Poster A banned

-Thread 2: Poster C calls Poster D a "fucking douchebag idiot".
Result: No ban. No warning. Despite the post being reported. Poster C continues to namecall for several more pages.

The rules need to be clear, and followed up on without bias. I've noticed it a lot and for a while. It's only gotten worse.

Protected users probably reporting the shit out of that thread by now, look at all these posts made in bad faith.

:juche

benjipwns

« Reply #2432 on: November 23, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »
Wait did the staff really try to minimize driving while high, so high you couldn’t tell that the drugs you took were making you high? Because they thought only alcohol counted against you?

:dead
First answer this: Have you watched Need For Speed: Heat's story or not?

nudemacusers

« Reply #2433 on: November 23, 2019, 11:24:02 PM »
Hot pursuit 2 is the best one and until they remake this game in all its glory I won’t play any new entry so no
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2434 on: November 23, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
I think in order to increase transparency we need the site to list people's mod history. Like "prior infractions" means nothing if you don't even know what the prior infractions are.

:yikes

benjipwns

« Reply #2435 on: November 23, 2019, 11:27:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-you-do-in-this-scenario.154736/
So I’m at university. I’m an introvert, I don’t make friends easily. I don’t often share classes with the same people, and so it’s difficult to make a social base. But you try to be like, pleasant right? Like there’s no point in being a dick to people you don’t know well.

But I know a guy in one of my seminars, not well, but well enough, have him on WhatsApp. And he messaged me and he said he has to talk to me about something. Long and the short, the rest of the class, I don't know if it’s all of the class, have a group chat, that I wasn’t aware of, and they frequently make fun of me in it, like all the time. Someone even made some poor quality memes of me.

i don’t even know what I’m supposed to do about this. I’m 26 years old, I feel too old to go running to the teacher about being picked on. I don’t really want to confront them, cos that’s just embarrassing given they apparently think so little of me. And I really don’t want to do what I’ve done with college and access courses before and drop out and waste more of my fucking life sitting round doing nothing. But I’m not a machine, it does hurt my feelings, even if it’s a bunch of people I don’t know well.
BisMarckie bullying his students again.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Going by my social media and personal experience, a sizeable portion of the people I was in high school with not only have not changed their views, their toxic personalities are exactly the same as well.
[close]

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2436 on: November 23, 2019, 11:32:04 PM »
Just having a ban history page would be a big help.
That would just encourage targeting and constant callouts.

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #2437 on: November 23, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
THERE ALREADY IS A BAN HISTORY PAGE AND IT'S FREE FROM BIASED ACEPHOBIC STAFF TAMPERING

benjipwns

« Reply #2438 on: November 23, 2019, 11:37:08 PM »
ALTHOUGH THE CREATOR OF IT SHOULD BE FREED FROM OUR TYRANT MODERATORS IF HE ADDS A SEARCH THAT LETS ME SEARCH FOR THE "ACTIONING" REASON

nudemacusers

« Reply #2439 on: November 23, 2019, 11:42:22 PM »
hopefully bore moderation returns to the promised transparency of when it first started.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #2440 on: November 23, 2019, 11:50:08 PM »
I don't recognize any The Bire regimes before demi.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2441 on: November 23, 2019, 11:53:49 PM »
Yo guys I think somebody roofied me I’m going to drive a car
serge

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2442 on: November 23, 2019, 11:55:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/may-have-been-roofied-please-help-up-not-roofied-knowingly-consumed-edibles-read-staff-post.154807/page-8#post-26766883
I see the usual double standards and the list of protected, untouchable users is still a thing here. There is a certain group of moderators in this forum that should not be in any position of power, in any way, shape or form, two or three in particular. I have seen people get away scot-free with straight "FUCK YOU"'s, while others get banned immediately for "you are a piece of shit".

Seems there is no longer a good place for discussion on the Internet. You either get super Right-Wing shitholes like GAF, or extremely poor moderated and double-standard places like this. It's very disappointing, especially considering how great this place originally started.

You are mistaken comrade, this forum is not a platform for bigots espousing both sides doctrine.  Please report to your nearest mod captain for re-education.

Clockwork5

« Reply #2443 on: November 23, 2019, 11:56:30 PM »
Fuck these people. Back in my day I would smoke weed all fucking day and drive my ass down to Taco Bell, order 4 crunch wrap supremes, a toxic colored Mtn. Dew and drive my ass back home to a paradise of ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and a flour tortilla. Then i would smoke more weed and drive to my girlfriends house to fuck and pass out.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2444 on: November 23, 2019, 11:58:47 PM »

Please list your weight and # of Mike’s Hard Lemonades you’ve consumed and I’ll let you know if it’s okay.
©@©™

Pwnz

« Reply #2445 on: November 24, 2019, 12:01:51 AM »
Fuck these people. Back in my day I would smoke weed all fucking day and drive my ass down to Taco Bell, order 4 crunch wrap supremes, a toxic colored Mtn. Dew and drive my ass back home to a paradise of ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and a flour tortilla. Then i would smoke more weed and drive to my girlfriends house to fuck and pass out.

Strong edibles will make you higher than I think is possible than vaping. Like the THC is modified by the liver into a much stronger drug.

Seth Rogen will smoke a dozen blunts he rolls per day, but refuses to do edibles for this reason. Once you overdose with edibles you're locked in for 2 to 4 hours.

Bore Expert

« Reply #2446 on: November 24, 2019, 12:04:19 AM »
Help me Bire. Ate two double chalupas from Taco Bell and a gallon of Mountain Dew Extreme Baja Blast and now I feel weird. Butt is bleeding. I think I was roofied

benjipwns

« Reply #2447 on: November 24, 2019, 12:05:24 AM »
It was you, wasn't it.

Clockwork5

« Reply #2448 on: November 24, 2019, 12:05:30 AM »

Strong edibles will make you higher than I think is possible than vaping. Like the THC is modified by the liver into a much stronger drug.

Maybe if your the kind of bitch that drinks Mikes Hard Lemonades...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah edibles can get you pretty fucked up.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #2449 on: November 24, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »
Addendum: It has been pointed out that driving while under the influence of weed can still lead to a DUI and is still dangerous
lmao wtf 😂
:ufup
The OP has acknowledged wrongdoing so please keep the discussion constructive to help him and others avoid this mistake.

TVC15

« Reply #2450 on: November 24, 2019, 12:10:01 AM »

Please list your weight and # of Mike’s Hard Lemonades you’ve consumed and I’ll let you know if it’s okay.

814 pounds, no alcohol, just Rolling Rock. And a couple thick pints of

serge

benjipwns

« Reply #2451 on: November 24, 2019, 12:10:35 AM »
DOJ |OT| We get it, you’re woke [UPDATE: Not woke, just consumed edibles] (SEE STAFF POST)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2452 on: November 24, 2019, 12:12:40 AM »
He admitted his mistake and isn’t a gay black man, so everyone lay off.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2453 on: November 24, 2019, 12:14:45 AM »
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility and Inflammatory community generalizations

"Nothing will happen" is a fucking disease and fuck every poster who loves to say it or the paraphrasing du jour. You are a cancer on the future of society. Outcomes are more complicated than "removal by the Senate" and it's really, really fucking important than all this is happening. Eat turds, worthless humans. You are human scum and trash. You are lacking in value, at least as far as your role in the problematic landscape of social media. We are better than this.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2454 on: November 24, 2019, 12:16:47 AM »
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility and Inflammatory community generalizations

"Nothing will happen" is a fucking disease and fuck every poster who loves to say it or the paraphrasing du jour. You are a cancer on the future of society. Outcomes are more complicated than "removal by the Senate" and it's really, really fucking important than all this is happening. Eat turds, worthless humans. You are human scum and trash. You are lacking in value, at least as far as your role in the problematic landscape of social media. We are better than this.

Newsfeed
Margs

TVC15

« Reply #2456 on: November 24, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »
Fuck the “I drive better when I’m stoned” type of people. I may have rolled my eyes about driving while stoned when I was younger, but the past 5 years of being exposed to constant stoned Uber and Lyft drivers has shown me that this is not the case. I’ve now been exposed to enough stoned drivers in-person, while driving, that I’ve revised my position: fuck stoned drivers. I had a stoned driver hit someone’s dog and then drive off.
serge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2457 on: November 24, 2019, 12:24:37 AM »
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2458 on: November 24, 2019, 12:28:13 AM »
Fuck the “I drive better when I’m stoned” type of people. I may have rolled my eyes about driving while stoned when I was younger, but the past 5 years of being exposed to constant stoned Uber and Lyft drivers has shown me that this is not the case. I’ve now been exposed to enough stoned drivers in-person, while driving, that I’ve revised my position: fuck stoned drivers. I had a stoned driver hit someone’s dog and then drive off.

Par for the course for humanity i'm afraid. I try to not let it get me down because I don't want to be constantly down.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2459 on: November 24, 2019, 12:28:18 AM »
Are you sure they were not roofied?

Also still lolling at that mod post. Thankfully the op didn’t do something really awful like ignore mod posts or impugn the staff’s reputation. 😂
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽