Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1297817 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Unfortunately, Mars was all out of Raid.
« Reply #5820 on: September 29, 2014, 01:31:44 AM »
I finished some manga :rejoice
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:21:04 AM by Momo »

deepest throat

« Reply #5821 on: September 29, 2014, 02:47:51 AM »
Reading through the Space Brothers manga at a nice pace cause the anime hiatus had me depressed. I was just about ready to skip through the Hibito in Russia arc cause it's boring as hell, but I was surprised to see that it's only like 2 chapters long in the manga.

Skipped it anyway.   :piss Hibito :piss2

still mad hibito didn't die on the moon >:(

« Reply #5822 on: September 29, 2014, 04:18:08 AM »
I didn't even mind Hibito surviving really. He's an alright character, its just that Mutta is way more interesting and no one cares about Hibito eloping with a 15 year old in Russia. At least it's thankfully short in the manga, but the bit in Russia and his whole PD thing dragged for way too long in the anime. All for the best that he's kicked out of the picture right afterward.

The Mr. Hibbit filler in every episode could go die in a fire though. :maf

deepest throat

« Reply #5823 on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »
I didn't even mind Hibito surviving really. He's an alright character, its just that Mutta is way more interesting and no one cares about Hibito eloping with a 15 year old in Russia. At least it's thankfully short in the manga, but the bit in Russia and his whole PD thing dragged for way too long in the anime. All for the best that he's kicked out of the picture right afterward.

The Mr. Hibbit filler in every episode could go die in a fire though. :maf
really wished we got more of the old cosmonaut than hibito in that arc

the only thing i still remember from the mr hibbit shorts (other than how bad it was) was the racist caricature of the black guy as a gorilla that loved bananas

Beezy

« Reply #5824 on: September 29, 2014, 05:14:13 AM »
Just found out that the new Gundam Build Fighters airs in a little over a week! :lawd

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5825 on: September 30, 2014, 12:37:09 AM »

See You Space Dandy
dog

« Reply #5826 on: October 01, 2014, 04:16:15 PM »
So it doesn't look like G-Reco is getting any sort of simulcast outside Japan and France...

I hate pirating. But I guess I have no other choice.

Thanks, Sunrise. You suck.
野球

Bebpo

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - This show needs more tanuki
« Reply #5827 on: October 01, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »
When does Gundam start?

Next week.

(Image removed from quote.)

Edit: I can understand wanting to have attractive looking characters in animu/tv/film whatever but this is just stupid. I'm trying to understand why people are hyped for this anime. The gundam designs look like shit. The character designs are obnoxious. These kind of animu shenanigans make me wanna quit anime altogether.

And those dancing animations above are just fucking weird.

wat.  What's wrong with the character designs?  Characters look happier, more laid back and fun like Turn A characters or Overman King Gainer characters.  There's room for fun in Gundam, ya know?  If you want generic anime character designs just look at Gundam Build Fighters.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #5828 on: October 01, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
rinko mom is hot. fuck you bebpo.

« Reply #5829 on: October 01, 2014, 04:54:36 PM »
I think G-Reco looks awesome.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #5830 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
I think G-Reco looks awesome.

I think it looks cool and I have so much faith in Tomino that I think it'll be a great show.  The only thing I'm not sold on so far is the main gundam.  Doesn't look bad like AGE, but looks kind of weird.  Will need to see it in action in the eps.  I like the supporting mech designs though, remind me of Gainer mechs which are the best.

« Reply #5831 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »
UK and France got G-Reco. Still nothing on North America.
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5832 on: October 02, 2014, 02:50:11 PM »

Yarrrr!

©@©™

« Reply #5833 on: October 02, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »

Yarrrr!

I really hate pirating, but I've got a bad feeling about this situation.
野球

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #5834 on: October 02, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
i watched terraformars ep 1

the censorship was obnoxious but other than that it didnt offend me

here is your gundamu
http://vimeo.com/ondemand/gundam/107855749
萌え~

« Reply #5835 on: October 02, 2014, 06:51:04 PM »
First episode is free, but the rest isn't, and you can't pay for it if you're from North America.

GODDAMMIT SUNRISE.

I actually wonder if part of the issue for NA is due to the fact that we share the same Blu-ray region with Japan. Australia, France and the UK have streaming AND DVD/BD rights for G-Reco.
野球

« Reply #5836 on: October 02, 2014, 07:05:15 PM »
i watched terraformars ep 1

the censorship was obnoxious but other than that it didnt offend me

here is your gundamu
http://vimeo.com/ondemand/gundam/107855749

The censorship is going to get WAY worse unfortunately :(

helios

« Reply #5837 on: October 02, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5838 on: October 02, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »
Personally I think G-Reco has pretty great character designs and art direction in general. I think Kenichi Yoshida has pretty stylish and good looking character designs. I mean I bought Arc Rise Fantasia just for them. They don't look generic and have actual personality.

I don't really know what to expect, but I sure am going to watch it.

« Reply #5839 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:13 AM »
Where are you watching? The G-reco Vimeo stream is now region locked.
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5840 on: October 03, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »
 :yeshrug

I have no problem pirating the show. If it was on crunchyroll sure I'd watch it that way, but since it's not...........................well I have no qualms downloading a 1080p fansub. Which I already did and will watch sometime later today.

« Reply #5841 on: October 03, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »

I have no problem pirating the show. If it was on crunchyroll sure I'd watch it that way, but since it's not...........................well I have no qualms downloading a 1080p fansub. Which I already did and will watch sometime later today.

No, I meant where did you get the fansub?

Screw Sunrise. If they're not giving me any way to legally watch it in the USA, I'll pirate it.

edit: Horriblesubs it is.
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5842 on: October 03, 2014, 02:11:19 PM »

No, I meant where did you get the fansub?

Screw Sunrise. If they're not giving me any way to legally watch it in the USA, I'll pirate it.

edit: Horriblesubs it is.
Yeah I went with horriblesubs and I usually get anime subs at Nyaa.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5843 on: October 05, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »
Thoughts on new anime:

-Terra-Formers: Hey, this isn't a show about transforming cockroaches.  Not sure about this yet, based on the first episode.  If you're going to be hyper-violent, why the hell are you going to then have everything censored to the point that the entire screen is covered up?

-Gundam Reconguista in G: Are those Akiman character designs?!  Oh shit!  Like the old-school look of the show.  The plot was kind of hard to follow and just didn't seem very well written.  The Indian girl shouting "G!" the entire time was fucking annoying.  Dunno about this one.  Will keep watching for at least a few more episodes.  I see #2 is already available.

-Cross-Ange: Guessing this one must be this season's fan service show.  It appears to be scantily-clad girls piloting mechs from previews and the show's opening, but instead focuses on the main character going from princess of magic-user land to thrown-away prisoner on island for non-magic users.  Basically civilization is made up of people using mana and those who can't use it are considered "monsters" and have no human rights.  They are then quarantined to an island, where they are trained to be soldiers and pilot mecha to kill monsters.  Uh...OK?  Cool I guess.  Except that we don't see any of that in this episode.  Instead, the princess is revealed to be a non magic user (spoiler?  Not really...it's obvious immediately from the start) and is exiled to the island.  They rip her clothes off and proceed with a "medical exam," then leave her naked on the floor in a cell.  WHAT THE FUCK?   It's also hard to feel sympathy for her based on the way she treats the mother of a baby found to be the same earlier in the episode. 

EDIT: Apparently the end is supposed to be some sort of procedure where something is done to the main character's spine...except there's no explanation given and it totally looks like anal-fisting.   :lol :yuck

-Madan no Ou to Vanadis: Something tells me this might be another fan-servicey and possible harem-like garbage show.  The main character is the count of a territory and his country attacks another country, which soundly defeats them despite the numbers being 25,000 to 5,000.  This is because MOE VALKYRIE-LIKE GIRLS GO UGUUUU and win on the battlefield.  He gets captured and sort of wanders around freely because the UGUU Valkyrie chick likes him or whatever. 

-Shingeki no Bahamut: Is this based on a card game or something?  Anyway, I liked this.  Pretty simple story, but I like the character design and animation a lot.  Great use of facial expressions.  Stands out.

-Gugure! Kokkuri-san: Fun n' cute little show, filled with jokes. 

-Grisaia no Kajitsu: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN the anime.  Starts out as something that clearly must be a visual novel adoption.  Serious-looking guy transfers to huge school that has...five students.  All the girls look MOE/UGUU~ and don't even appear to be drawn in the same style as the main character.   :lol  It's all stupid dating sim-like garbage with with panty shots.  My favorite part was the main character returning to his dorm and wondering if all the girls were masturbating in their rooms.   :lol :dizzy :japancry :lol My wife and I both said we wouldn't be watching this...
..and then at the end, it's like this turns into a completely different show and totally crazy shit happens, suddenly making it interesting. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:15:21 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

helios

« Reply #5844 on: October 05, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5845 on: October 06, 2014, 07:01:10 AM »
-Grisaia no Kajitsu: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN the anime.  Starts out as something that clearly must be a visual novel adoption.  Serious-looking guy transfers to huge school that has...five students.  All the girls look MOE/UGUU~ and don't even appear to be drawn in the same style as the main character.   :lol  It's all stupid dating sim-like garbage with with panty shots.  My favorite part was the main character returning to his dorm and wondering if all the girls were masturbating in their rooms.   :lol :dizzy :japancry :lol My wife and I both said we wouldn't be watching this...
..and then at the end, it's like this turns into a completely different show and totally crazy shit happens, suddenly making it interesting.

anyway, i read somewhere that naruto is going to end on november? :o
i didn't think shonen could actualy end, i tought they would going on forever for all eternity, seriously how long has it been?

Original run    September 21, 1999

*daaaaaaaaaaaaaang* only 15 years old, they die so young :'(
<----

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5846 on: October 07, 2014, 12:34:18 AM »
Yeah, Naruto and Bleach, I heard are ending?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #5847 on: October 07, 2014, 06:10:39 AM »
Naruto in 5 weeks. Bleach is gonna end after this arc but who knows when.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5848 on: October 07, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »
Bodacious Space Pirates
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5849 on: October 07, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »
It's largely innocuous and entertaining in parts, but not great.
dog

« Reply #5850 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:24 PM »
Started watching Trigger's show for the season (Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de). I like that it's basically Chunibyo if the characters actually had real powers, including the MC's stupid dark flame.

Log Horizon S2 picks up almost as if season 1 never ended. COUNTERACTION RISING:hyper

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5851 on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:04 AM »
Looks like the typical anime a weeaboo would love. :beli

It was pretty fun.  I would describe it as a bit less like most of the other crap that tends to come out, actually.  Little more old-school.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5852 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:07 AM »
-Trinity Seven: Hey, it's another Harry Potter rip-off!  Why do so many Japanese comics n' cartoons have to start with the same "I'm just a typical high school student in a typical town" crap?  It's so fucking boring.  Also appears to be a harem show.  Has the same old crap going on.   :zzz
ど助平

« Reply #5853 on: October 08, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »
Two Gundam shows every week!!

Awwww yeah.
野球

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #5854 on: October 08, 2014, 02:01:04 PM »
Gundam Build Fighter Try
Chaika S2
Parasyte
Garo

i'm drowning in all these animes  :rejoice
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5855 on: October 08, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »
Parasyte is the best thing I've seen so far this season, by a long shot. Didn't wuss out on the violence with loads of blacked out screens either, like Terraformars did. Go watch it.
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #5856 on: October 09, 2014, 12:03:17 AM »
anything good like jojo from last season? very bored here.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #5857 on: October 09, 2014, 12:36:21 AM »
Fate/stay night
Parasyte
Shingeki no Bahamut

these are all really good, im actually impressed by this season so far

Amagi Brilliant Park aint bad either

gonna need a few more eps to tell about the new gundam
萌え~

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5858 on: October 09, 2014, 08:27:57 AM »
Amagi Brilliant Park was OK. Maybe it will get better.

With Parasyte, I already know the whole story since I read the manga back in the MIXX Zine days.  I kept wondering why they changed the arm that got infected in the anime until it hit me that the English manga was reversed.   :lol  No more "Lefty."  It's weird that they changed some of the character designs, too.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5859 on: October 09, 2014, 09:01:08 AM »

There isn't really anything else like Jojo out there, though, but Space Dandy season 2 was great and shows like Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Sabagebu, and Barakamon are all really fun.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5860 on: October 09, 2014, 09:14:57 AM »
Hatsune Miku on the The Late Show:

dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #5861 on: October 09, 2014, 11:20:11 AM »

There isn't really anything else like Jojo out there, though, but Space Dandy season 2 was great and shows like Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Sabagebu, and Barakamon are all really fun.
I watched dandy with my friend so will watch season 2 with him too. never heard of the others so thanks.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #5862 on: October 11, 2014, 07:24:30 PM »
Garo's OP is great:

Boo

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5863 on: October 11, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »
i've been reading sanctuary, it's the story of two mans who decide to become powerfull figures in japan in order to revolutionize it, one of them called hojo decide to become a yakuza and the other named asami becomes a politician and the manga details their rise in power as hojo goes from being a simple grunt to a mafia boss while asami goes from a simple secretary to have his own political party... the art is really good and is actualy realisticaly drawn compared to your average manga but to be honest the story isn't that interessing, 75% of the manga can be described as either hojo or asami delivering passionate speech about how this political/mafia group should totaly join them and help them raising in power and prestige and wouldn't you know? it works everytime! these guys are so charismatic and perfect in every way that i think they could found a new religion if they wanted

at least since hojo is a yakuza there is actual yakuza drama, people gets shot... someone gets murdered... betrayal happens... but everytime the manga switch to asami,it's suddenly just a bunch of old mens talking about thing i'm not sure someone would find interessing even if they were actualy interessed in japanese politic

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:53:41 PM by magus »
<----

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #5864 on: October 11, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »
Media service Crunchyroll announced at its uncensored Terraformars anime screening at New York Comic Con on Saturday that it will stream this uncensored version "at a later date TBA." The service has been streaming the same censored version that broadcast stations in Japan have been airing (with obscured scenes of violence) since September 26.

The story of Yū Sasuga and Kenichi Tachibana's original, graphically violent manga begins in the year 2577, hundreds of years after scientists sent cockroaches and mold to terraform Mars. However, when the first manned ships land on Mars, they encounter large humanoid cockroaches with great strength, and are wiped out. Humanity then sends elite warriors to Mars to eliminate the cockroaches.
Tonya

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #5865 on: October 12, 2014, 01:11:23 AM »
qA5pIpdQEr0
I will be at the NYC expo next Saturday. :hyper
Media service Crunchyroll announced at its uncensored Terraformars anime screening at New York Comic Con on Saturday that it will stream this uncensored version "at a later date TBA." The service has been streaming the same censored version that broadcast stations in Japan have been airing (with obscured scenes of violence) since September 26.

The story of Yū Sasuga and Kenichi Tachibana's original, graphically violent manga begins in the year 2577, hundreds of years after scientists sent cockroaches and mold to terraform Mars. However, when the first manned ships land on Mars, they encounter large humanoid cockroaches with great strength, and are wiped out. Humanity then sends elite warriors to Mars to eliminate the cockroaches.
Uncensored hyper racism agogo!
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5866 on: October 12, 2014, 01:58:42 AM »
i've been reading sanctuary, it's the story of two mans who decide to become powerfull figures in japan in order to revolutionize it, one of them called hojo decide to become a yakuza and the other named asami becomes a politician and the manga details their rise in power as hojo goes from being a simple grunt to a mafia boss while asami goes from a simple secretary to have his own political party... the art is really good and is actualy realisticaly drawn compared to your average manga but to be honest the story isn't that interessing, 75% of the manga can be described as either hojo or asami delivering passionate speech about how this political/mafia group should totaly join them and help them raising in power and prestige and wouldn't you know? it works everytime! these guys are so charismatic and perfect in every way that i think they could found a new religion if they wanted

at least since hojo is a yakuza there is actual yakuza drama, people gets shot... someone gets murdered... betrayal happens... but everytime the manga switch to asami,it's suddenly just a bunch of old mens talking about thing i'm not sure someone would find interessing even if they were actualy interessed in japanese politic

Don't forget about all the sex and rape- It's a manga that Ikegami was involved in, after all!

This is a pretty old manga series, Magus.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised it got scanned, but I read through the whole thing in English back in the mid-90's.  It got a so-so anime adaption and a live action movie (the guy who plays Asami is perfect, but Hojo looks nothing like his manga counterpart) too.  This series is still nowhere near as fucked up as Crying Freeman.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5867 on: October 12, 2014, 02:09:55 AM »
Garo's OP is great:

Yeah this is a thing of beauty

helios

« Reply #5868 on: October 12, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »
qA5pIpdQEr0
I will be at the NYC expo next Saturday. :hyper

Uncensored hyper racism agogo!

The Japanese loves those negroaches

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5869 on: October 12, 2014, 09:56:44 AM »
Garo - Blood, sex, and CG robot suits. The story takes inspiration from the Spanish Inquisition's witch hunts, except that the witches are actually witches and they're the ones who are keeping a horde of nasty demons in check [except nobody else really knows that, hence the hunts]. The character's really stand out here, the have a distinctive flat quality to them and were created by Shaman King-author Hiroyuki Takei, though the show itself is an original creation. The first episode only gives us the very basics of the story and a simple introduction to the goods guys and the bad guys, but lack of embarassing animu hijinks and the more adult storyline make this one to keep an eye on.

Psycho Pass season 2 - Despite bringing in new writers and promoting the assistant director from the previous season, Psycho Pass is still pretty much Psycho Pass. There are new characters and a new villain to fight, and Akane is now the hard-boiled, self-confident detective that the end of season 1 told us she would become. It could still end up being just retread of the ideas already covered, but it'll still be worth watching.

Parasyte - Late-80's body horror in anime form! While adding a modern setting and updated character designs, Parasyte keeps the qualities that made the manga popular back in its day: creepy body horror and flashes of brutal violence. Madhouse pulled out all the stops here and gave this some very slick animation [minus a distance shot with some CG pedestrians that looked pretty awful], and they've given the characters enough life that the changes in designs don't become a problem like they could have. The star of the show is Migi, the parasyte that takes over the main character's right hand [but missed taking over his brain], who provides both the action of the show and the humor, oddly enough.

Rage of Bahamut - Why am I talking about a show based on a F2P card battle game? Well, it's partially because it has some of the best animation this season, enough to rival even some theatrical releases], but also because it's actually a pretty fun show! Mappa is really on fire this season, with both this and Garo going simultaneously. I don't know how they managed to get this kind of money, but I'm glad they did. The action here is fast and furious, the characters move fluidly and have a ton of character, and it's just FUN. There's a lady who can turn into a demon and her demon costume is a bit much, but that's really the only thing here that could remotely be problematic [and it's not really THAT bad]. I really doubt they can keep this up for the whole season, but it should still be a ride worth staying on for now.

Shirobako - Cute high school girls doing cute things! Oh wait, they graduated and now they're adults in the work place. This is an anime about the process of making anime. While it's not quite as madcap as Animation Runner Kuromi, it still mixes the same reverence for the end product with the trials and tribulations of desperately trying to meet the near-impossible deadlines necessary to get a 13-episode anime series on TV.

Been a really good season so far, way better than I thought initially.
dog

helios

« Reply #5870 on: October 12, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »
Apparently, the card game that Bahamut is based on makes a fuckton of money and the makers decided to just fund the anime for a lot of money.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5871 on: October 12, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »
Apparently, the card game that Bahamut is based on makes a fuckton of money and the makers decided to just fund the anime for a lot of money.

Makes sense.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Parasyte
« Reply #5872 on: October 13, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Re: Parasyte
« Reply #5873 on: October 13, 2014, 03:56:21 AM »

As someone who just read the manga for this recently

what the fuck  :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5874 on: October 13, 2014, 04:08:26 AM »
Didn't expect a live action adaptation, too. Weird.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5875 on: October 13, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »

Don't forget about all the sex and rape- It's a manga that Ikegami was involved in, after all!

This is a pretty old manga series, Magus.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised it got scanned, but I read through the whole thing in English back in the mid-90's.  It got a so-so anime adaption and a live action movie (the guy who plays Asami is perfect, but Hojo looks nothing like his manga counterpart) too.  This series is still nowhere near as fucked up as Crying Freeman.

well you made me curious about crying freeman so i gave a read to that too.....

...and i give up, it's like the most awfull kung-fu B movie ever if it was an actual manga, i like how in this manga mortaly wounding a goon is like a serious strategy to find the boss of an organization as the goon will always run straight up to his superior who can therefore be wounded until he too run to his superior! i simply can't take this level of stupid....

*sigh* all i wanted to know was learning more about the source of this image

anyway talking about stupid thing i've been switched to a comedy manga called "my grandpa stories can't be this weird" it's basicaly japanese folktales if a lot of non-sense humor was injected in them, for example the first chapter is momotaro, except instead of being momotaro, it's an anthropomorphized QR-code called qu-taro, japanese folktales have always piqued my interess and the level of non-sense is high-enough to be funny but not totaly random like says... bobobo, so in the end you have a pretty stupid, but easy and enjoyable read
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5876 on: October 13, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »
well you made me curious about crying freeman so i gave a read to that too.....

...and i give up, it's like the most awfull kung-fu B movie ever if it was an actual manga, i like how in this manga mortaly wounding a goon is like a serious strategy to find the boss of an organization as the goon will always run straight up to his superior who can therefore be wounded until he too run to his superior! i simply can't take this level of stupid....

Seems like you didn't get to the real STUPID yet.  While this series starts out just being that typical 'adult' manga mix of sex n' violence, it pretty much turns into just sex.  Freeman ends up becoming the desire of every woman in the series and there is this ridiculous storyline where a cult that opposes his assassin organization comes up with a plan to create a Freeman lookalike, who will take the real one's place.  They kidnap Freeman, drug him, and then take two volunteers and give them his face/body tattoos. 

BUT WAIT

What's the most important thing about a body double?  Why, how well they can fuck, of course!  The cult leader says that they need to convince Freeman's wife, so they get the drugged-up Freeman to have lots of sex sessions with a member's wife (the corrupt cop and Ryuji 'The Blade's' wife from part one-- I can't believe I remember all this  :lol) and there's chapter after chapter of everyone watching them have sex, being all impressed with Freeman.   :lol 

BUT WAIT

Freeman, that sly devil, has not only been resistant to the drugs this whole time, but has been going along with everything to learn more about the cult.  He also refuses to ejaculate!   :lol  The cult needs a sperm sample so this is a problem.  The cult wife ends up jerking off some kid  (:o) for samples instead.  The cult wife gets addicted to dat Freeman D and wants his babies, so he tells her he'll cum if she helps him escape. 

SO THEN

Freeman kills the double that was going to take his place, takes the high ranking cult members to his base, reveals himself as the real one, and kills them all.  So all that other shit...was completely pointless.  I guess the writer (Kazuo Koike on this one?) just wanted to see a lot of fucking or something.  I had been reading this series as it was being translated back then, and lost a lot of interest in it after this.  The series ended shortly after anyway.  I'd pretty much say that with Crying Freeman, reading the first one or two volumes is enough and forget the rest unless you want to see Crying Freeman: Hentai Edition.

*sigh* all i wanted to know was learning more about the source of this image

I don't even think that's from Crying Freeman!  :lol  All of that artist's characters tend to look the same.

As fucked up as Crying Freeman got, some of the later stuff he worked on was even worse. 
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5877 on: October 13, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
that sounds really bad, i'm glad i stopped reading... anyway!

spoiler (click to show/hide)

like that could ever happen :fbm
[close]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:08:10 PM by magus »
<----

helios

« Reply #5878 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:30 PM »
Second episode of Bahamut was very good. The series just oozes budget. The art, the animation is just  :lawd

And the protag is an amazing little shit.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5879 on: October 13, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
Watching Rage of Bahamut is all like:

©@©™