Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 899112 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7440 on: December 27, 2019, 06:43:26 AM »
I’m more impressed that he got that giant frame for 8 dollars.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7441 on: December 27, 2019, 06:50:57 AM »
Nothing like a holiday to make reset even more irritated.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7442 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:11 AM »
I’m more impressed that he got that giant frame for 8 dollars.

The back is a little damaged so i'm surprised they even tried to sell it

Hermit

« Reply #7443 on: December 27, 2019, 07:57:17 AM »
Staying home alone in solidarity with my Era folx

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7444 on: December 27, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
this dude made a thread to brag about how selfless and wonderful his gifts are as a single childless bum (who iirc wants to marry some dude friend for medical insurance?) while also bitching that that his sister gives her kids better gifts than she gives him on christmas?

yeah what a nice guy, who wouldn't be rushing to praise him? :lol has he had a meltdown on anyone in there for disagreeing with him?

e: he got pretty salty at riotous for telling him to chill :rofl
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/post-27717647
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-overreacting-to-this-gift-giving-habit-of-my-sister.161368/post-27717948

They don't give my brother and my brother in law's brother lavish gifts... but they give them appropriate gifts. Like my brother, he loves hockey. We live in Houston, which doesn't have a hockey team, but they drive to dallas to go to Dallas stars hockey games. They gave him a dallas stars ballcap for christmas. Do you know how hard it is to find dallas stars ball caps in Houston, Texas?

Um, go to Dick's Sporting Goods, Scheel's, Modell's, Foot Locker, Lids, or any other sports store?  Or there's this neat new website called Amazon.

What a fucking choad.  The sister is definitely giving him shitty stuff on purpose.  If he's half the douche to his family that he is on ERA, they all fucking hate him.

Tasty

« Reply #7445 on: December 27, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »
She didn't get me any candy.

Did a 10 year old write this?

$5 worth of candy -- like a bag of gummy bears or whatever -- would have meant way, way more to me than a $10 beanie to a football team I honestly can't stand.

Donate the hat (and make some Texans' fans day brighter) and buy the candy yourself, holy shit...

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7446 on: December 27, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »
dog

Tasty

« Reply #7447 on: December 27, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »

:jared

nudemacusers

« Reply #7448 on: December 27, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »
Guess what I saw when I opened YouTube today?

Putting this in spoilers because I don’t want to ruin any holidays.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
This man is way too comfortable with diapers and toilet water :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7449 on: December 27, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »
Speaking of bad Christmas presents...

https://twitter.com/Brikka43/status/1209785008921165824

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7450 on: December 27, 2019, 09:39:18 AM »
Why didn't their sister gives them the second print of the Pikachu Amiibo or a Disney Star Wars The Last Jedi stickerbook. What an evil person to not give them the proper precious presents.

🤴

pgtl_10

What spurred this? ResetERA was founded before EviLore's implosion by PoliGAF and Cerium with help of Nibel and folk, is something similar happening?

This is very true and I can confirm it, but you left out some importants parts of the story, which make it even more pathetic.

I know this thread is for laugh only, but still, I'll post it here :

"They" (Cerium, Shinobi...) were building a gaf alternative because according to them Gaf's moderation was really biased toward Sony (which was true, let's be honest) and they thought Nintendo wasn't treated fairly. Those same people thought the Wii U's failure and 3DS cold welcome from the market were partially due to Neogaf's attitude toward the two console (which were false, of course). They couldn't shut up about it.

As far as I know, the Gaf's alternative was also brought-up during the "Alison Rapp" case, when she was outed as a prostitute and got fired for it. According to Cerium, he maintained (in private) that Gaf's staff didn't stand up enough for her. That's the moment Cerium aggregated many of the most unhinged feminist of Gaf to his small revolution.

Now, the juicy part is not only Cerium and some gaf posters took part in the projet. There was also many journalists that were mad at gaf and were thinking about it. If you always wondered why the Shower event was covered that extensively (while no one gave a fuck about Malka's past behavior), it's only because the timing was perfect to bring gaf down this time and some journalist knew an alternative was in the work. Outside of seeing the receipts of those discussions, when you see articles like that : https://kotaku.com/thousands-of-neogaf-users-flock-to-new-website-1819871316 that screams like an advert popping and know who the author of the article is, the writing was on the wall. 

I know someone who knows Besada and Cerium very well. I also happen to know Alison Rapp personally.

Imagine engineering the destruction of a site because they don't support your favorite video game toy.

Nintendo is my favorite console by the way.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7452 on: December 27, 2019, 10:15:15 AM »
Tbh nearly everyone in the industry hated what gaf had become. There was schadenfreude and hope for the future. REEE turned out even worse but luckily it has much less influence than gaf did at the height of its popularity.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7453 on: December 27, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »
Why didn't their sister gives them the second print of the Pikachu Amiibo or a Disney Star Wars The Last Jedi stickerbook. What an evil person to not give them the proper precious presents.

I kept dropping hints to my family that all I really wanted for Christmas was the Starlink: Battle For Atlas toys-to-life Arwing, because Fox is my favorite Smash fighter and I already have several copies of his amiibo, some of which I've customized with alternate color schemes from the game.  I just needed the Arwing to complete my collection.  I know it's been only $8 on clearance now everywhere but that just meant it'd be all the easier for my sister to buy it for me, and it would've meant so much getting it from her.  I even sent her the Best Buy link.

What does she give me?  The fucking King K. Rool and Ganondorf amiibos.  She KNOWS I HATE these characters because they move so slowly.  In case anyone has any illusions of how much my sister cares about my preferences here, these are tier D and C characters respectively.  I can't even import their amiibos into the game to use as sparring partners because nobody of any skill plays them, it would be pointless to practice with them.

When I opened the present everyone else in the family laughed, my sister probably the hardest.  It was humiliating and infuriating, especially after the thoughtful gift I got her (a Pearl Splatoon amiibo, because I identify the character with her youthful looks and always tell her I think of her as my little Pearl).
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #7454 on: December 27, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »
:dead

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7455 on: December 27, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-sidelines-kelly-marie-tran-open-tros-spoilers.161468/

:whew :heyman :kinison :jeb

The second part of the insult is that the movie manages to introduce a shit-ton of new characters we don't need, some of which drive plot beats that Rose Tico could have easily covered.

There is a big spoiler in the movie that explains Rey's power which feels like it was done to appease the "Rey is a Mary Sue" assholes like known sexual predator Max Landis who popularized that talking point

« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:58:42 AM by joeboy101 »

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7456 on: December 27, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »
Posted at 8 last night, at 7 pages now. Nobody butthurt about it at all.

The whole trilogy has treated their PoC characters like shit so it’s no surprise. JJ, Rian, Disney, Lucas, whatever. It’s all the same.

Funny how Kathleen Kennedy is not included in that estimation.

Tasty

« Reply #7457 on: December 27, 2019, 11:03:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-sidelines-kelly-marie-tran-open-tros-spoilers.161468/

:whew :heyman :kinison :jeb

The second part of the insult is that the movie manages to introduce a shit-ton of new characters we don't need, some of which drive plot beats that Rose Tico could have easily covered.

There is a big spoiler in the movie that explains Rey's power which feels like it was done to appease the "Rey is a Mary Sue" assholes like known sexual predator Max Landis who popularized that talking point

Yes I'm sure Max Landis is sitting in his evil doomfort laughing maniacally that purely because of him Disney changed one aspect of popcorn entertainment he criticized literally years ago...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7458 on: December 27, 2019, 11:07:36 AM »
Lucas made Mace Windu the best fighter and Lando the best pilot before representation was ever a thing.  :lucas

Not to mention the gay robot  :supergay
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7459 on: December 27, 2019, 11:15:37 AM »
What spurred this? ResetERA was founded before EviLore's implosion by PoliGAF and Cerium with help of Nibel and folk, is something similar happening?

This is very true and I can confirm it, but you left out some importants parts of the story, which make it even more pathetic.

I know this thread is for laugh only, but still, I'll post it here :

"They" (Cerium, Shinobi...) were building a gaf alternative because according to them Gaf's moderation was really biased toward Sony (which was true, let's be honest) and they thought Nintendo wasn't treated fairly. Those same people thought the Wii U's failure and 3DS cold welcome from the market were partially due to Neogaf's attitude toward the two console (which were false, of course). They couldn't shut up about it.

As far as I know, the Gaf's alternative was also brought-up during the "Alison Rapp" case, when she was outed as a prostitute and got fired for it. According to Cerium, he maintained (in private) that Gaf's staff didn't stand up enough for her. That's the moment Cerium aggregated many of the most unhinged feminist of Gaf to his small revolution.

Now, the juicy part is not only Cerium and some gaf posters took part in the projet. There was also many journalists that were mad at gaf and were thinking about it. If you always wondered why the Shower event was covered that extensively (while no one gave a fuck about Malka's past behavior), it's only because the timing was perfect to bring gaf down this time and some journalist knew an alternative was in the work. Outside of seeing the receipts of those discussions, when you see articles like that : https://kotaku.com/thousands-of-neogaf-users-flock-to-new-website-1819871316 that screams like an advert popping and know who the author of the article is, the writing was on the wall. 

I know someone who knows Besada and Cerium very well. I also happen to know Alison Rapp personally.

The group that founded ResetEra say they set it up as an LLC, and that no single person will be in charge of the site, which they hope will prevent the same catastrophe from happening again.

yeah, about that...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7460 on: December 27, 2019, 11:20:41 AM »
George Lucas: "I sold Star Wars to the White Slavers of Disney who take these things and..."

:preach
🤴

jorma

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7462 on: December 27, 2019, 12:40:46 PM »
We have a box office thread. This doesn't need its own thread, especially not with the headline of the article being what it is.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7463 on: December 27, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #7464 on: December 27, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »
people saw it twice to try and figure out wtf happened

:lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #7465 on: December 27, 2019, 12:52:26 PM »
Quote from: BDS
. So it's...pacing 3% ahead of a movie many on this forum deemed a financial failure?

Damn. What a victory. 

That spin.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7466 on: December 27, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
This should be bannable. Imagine thinking a self-selecting review aggregate is in any way scientific?

TRoS has the lowest Cinemascore of all 9 movies, even below the prequels. This makes it the worst received Star Wars movie yet when using actual scientific polling.

:science

Also...

This can be discussed in the weekly box office thread where daily results are discussed and compared to historic results among other things.

Sporting that Rose avatar.

:point

10centtacos

« Reply #7467 on: December 27, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
Scientific Star Wars polls  :heh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7468 on: December 27, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »
Uncle

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7469 on: December 27, 2019, 01:33:20 PM »
Yeah, cinema score doesn’t include the original three movies either. And it’s not the lowest (second lowest) right now.

But Science!

:brain

Jesus...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-sidelines-kelly-marie-tran-open-tros-spoilers.161468/post-27741643

I mean, she's still in the bad film, AND the racists won.

Honestly, she probably does need her own Disney+ show at this point.

A half assed written character in TLJ needs her own show. Why? Because people harassed her on the internet! She deserved an honest shot.

FFS, Rose is the new Communism. (No, it’ll really work this time!)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 01:45:25 PM by joeboy101 »

Tasty

« Reply #7470 on: December 27, 2019, 01:46:14 PM »
Imagine looking at box office numbers for a fucking Star Wars movie and writing without irony "The racists won."

Tasty

« Reply #7471 on: December 27, 2019, 01:49:31 PM »
To be honest, I don't think it's relevant whether you specifically liked her or not, it's not like Jar Jar Binks because critics seem to have liked Rose. It just seems pandering to a section of the fanbase, who seem dodgy with their intense hate. It's one thing if the writer didn't know how to give her a good story but look at the rest of ROS and how pandering it feels, and the writers' intentions are hard to respect.

This logic doing so many backflips it got me dizzy. :dizzy

So because a character invented by the previous film's director didn't get a bunch of screentime, JJ is certifiably racist because "he should have known" that's exactly what the Star Wars racists wanted.

:confused

FStop7

« Reply #7472 on: December 27, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/88-of-americans-use-a-second-screen-while-watching-tv-why.161570/

how dare these normies browse their phones as I try to explain to them the nuances of muh Marvel movieees

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7473 on: December 27, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »
CINEMASCORE SUMMIT NOW!! #JUSTICEFORROSE
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7474 on: December 27, 2019, 02:24:43 PM »
If the prequels were released today we'd probably have a Jar Jar defense force.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7475 on: December 27, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »
If the prequels were released today we'd probably have a Jar Jar defense force.

Oh absolutely. It'd be racist NOT to like him.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7476 on: December 27, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7477 on: December 27, 2019, 04:05:09 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7478 on: December 27, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
New Red Letter Media episode with all the usual cast : Mikhail, Ivan and Richard !
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7480 on: December 27, 2019, 04:24:44 PM »
Also, if you go to the Twitter thread (by Mike Duncan who dies some pretty dope podcasts) he is much more nuanced :

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1210228136182472705

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1210241692160401410

A quick scan of the article doesn't seem to indicate that the NYT made the pretty extraordinary claim "over half the negative reaction" (:science).

Edit : Actually it sort of does though Wu is taking some shortcuts...

And a recent study by Morten Bay, a University of Southern California digital media researcher, revealed that over 50 percent of the venom directed on Twitter at Rian Johnson, director of “The Last Jedi,” came from the same sources as Russian election meddling.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:30:42 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #7482 on: December 27, 2019, 04:29:35 PM »
Also, if you go to the Twitter thread (by Mike Duncan who dies some pretty dope podcasts) he is much more nuanced :

twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1210228136182472705

twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1210241692160401410

A quick scan of the article doesn't seem to indicate that the NYT made the pretty extraordinary claim "over half the negative reaction" (:science).

A real life stand-alone complex (nearly)... :ohhh

Tripon

« Reply #7483 on: December 27, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/kwazana/status/1210453129541500928

Does Ree attack this or look hard into itself to try to become a better website.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7485 on: December 27, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »
To be honest, I don't think it's relevant whether you specifically liked her or not, it's not like Jar Jar Binks because critics seem to have liked Rose. It just seems pandering to a section of the fanbase, who seem dodgy with their intense hate. It's one thing if the writer didn't know how to give her a good story but look at the rest of ROS and how pandering it feels, and the writers' intentions are hard to respect.

This logic doing so many backflips it got me dizzy. :dizzy

So because a character invented by the previous film's director didn't get a bunch of screentime, JJ is certifiably racist because "he should have known" that's exactly what the Star Wars racists wanted.

:confused

in complete fairness, rian johnson didn't use jannah anywhere in his film, a powerful african american with an affinity for the horse-like orbaks, which would've fit in perfectly had she been along on finn's adventure on canto bight where they released the fathiers

as a character who defected from the first order her story is much more interesting than some lowly resistance tech and it's a travesty that rian endeavors so hard to keep black people out of his films like this
Uncle

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7486 on: December 27, 2019, 04:52:24 PM »
I can't wait until February when you fucking nerds SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT STAR WARS because it'll be in the distance... until the DVD release. OH GOD.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #7487 on: December 27, 2019, 05:47:58 PM »
bruh, star wars, lmao

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #7488 on: December 27, 2019, 06:30:10 PM »
Don't watch A Serbian Film as recommended by OP. Don't support snuff even fake snuff stuff.

Don't support snuff even fake snuff stuff
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-meditation-on-saya-no-uta-aug-2019-steam-release-version-a-vn-or-the-demented-dating-sim-from-hell.161549/post-27738359

Newsfeed

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7489 on: December 27, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
In February there will be a Star Wars thread about why all the black people in the galaxy know each other and if it is racist and how much

ど助平

HaughtyFrank

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7491 on: December 27, 2019, 07:17:43 PM »
The Rose Tico love is so shameless.   :lol    There is zero stake in claiming she deserves her own movie or tv show or just saying you love her.  There is no chance Disney would ever expand on her so you can say she should get her own ride at Disneyland with no risk that it will come out and fail due to lack of interest. 

I just pray her salary for the movies leaks soon and they all compare it to what Mark Hamill made.
sigh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #7492 on: December 27, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »
If she wasn't harassed by neckbeards on twitter, not a single person would care or be advocating for her character to be elevated to something like a disney plus show (lol).

stufte

« Reply #7493 on: December 27, 2019, 07:29:00 PM »
Elevated :lol you have one of the actual main characters of the new Star Wars movies saying he would never do Disney+ bullshit on the press tour :dead

maybe I placed the (lol) in the wrong place.

Hermit

« Reply #7494 on: December 27, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »
Nah the alien horse riding defector should get a series with Lando, exploring the galaxy trying to find where she was kidnapped/adopted from. That would be cool.

Rose doesn't deserve shit.

stufte

« Reply #7495 on: December 27, 2019, 07:52:36 PM »
Nah the alien horse riding defector should get a series with Lando, exploring the galaxy trying to find where she was kidnapped/adopted from. That would be cool.

Rose doesn't deserve shit.

Yah she was immediately a 1000x more interesting and developed than Rose was.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7496 on: December 27, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/Hectorisfunny/status/1210216613712220160

Of course this fucking guy thinks that a female character's story needs to involve a love interest. Not condescending at all.

Tripon

« Reply #7497 on: December 27, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
The thing I don't get is nobody asking if Kelly Marie Tran can carry an 8 ep series.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7498 on: December 27, 2019, 08:44:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/Hectorisfunny/status/1210216613712220160

From the perspective Star Wars needs: the working-class everyperson winning by saving what we love.

:-\

tuna_love

« Reply #7499 on: December 27, 2019, 08:53:48 PM »
she looks like a neurodivergent  :donot