Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 799849 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #3000 on: July 13, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »
Made a last minute decision and booked a trip to EVO this weekend. I wasn't gonna go but I can't break my attendance streak.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3001 on: July 14, 2016, 07:11:52 PM »
Woot! Got invited to another party.   :rejoice

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3002 on: July 16, 2016, 01:10:54 AM »
I was playing with a knife (embrace your Polish heritage brehs) and absentmindedly pushed its blade side into a finger tip for a material amount of time but ended up doing no meaningful damage to the digit in question.

On a related note, though this is more likely a struggle post, I am really disassociating an alarming amount lately.

Also I should probably find a whetstone for this knife.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:15:05 AM by Kara »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3003 on: July 16, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »
Remember Artyom, a shitty cheap King stone is fine for rough grit, but for polishing an edge you want naniwa qualitee.

:whew
:lol

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3004 on: July 18, 2016, 01:39:04 AM »
Radiohead was played during a dramatic scene... sorry "dramatic" scene in the latest season of Criminal Minds on Netflix. Radiohead is officially CBS lamestreamer tier. :rejoice

Living long enough to see your enemies vanquished. :lawd

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #3005 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:38 AM »
Radiohead was played during a dramatic scene... sorry "dramatic" scene in the latest season of Criminal Minds on Netflix. Radiohead is officially CBS lamestreamer tier. :rejoice

I hope it was a broad who picked that shit out, good sir.
UK

El Babua

« Reply #3006 on: July 18, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »

I heard the Strokes being played at IHOP a while back. The song being from their only good album made their shame even funnier.

Kara

« Reply #3007 on: July 18, 2016, 03:35:58 AM »

I hope it was a broad who picked that shit out, good sir.

Spencer Reid is mai husbando. :bolo

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3008 on: July 18, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »
Rewarded myself with some studio wireless headphones to go with my new Spotify sub.. I'm very impressed with Spotify. I haven't found a song they don't have yet. Even stuff from bandcamp was on there. :obama
©ZH

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3009 on: July 19, 2016, 04:48:04 PM »
Spotify is awesome. My only complaint is I can't find Peter Gabriel :(
que

Tasty

« Reply #3010 on: July 19, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
Semi-related, but YouTube Music is low-key pretty awesome.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3011 on: July 19, 2016, 07:21:39 PM »
I fucking hate JASRAC, the Japanese version of the RIAA. They have a stranglehold on music in general in Japan and NO-ONE has reasonable streaming options. Pandora, YouTube Music, Spotify, even Last.fm are all region blocked.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3012 on: July 19, 2016, 07:25:18 PM »
Ah, as for triumph: I logged in today to see that someone had tried to change my Amazon password. This reminded me to make certain I had two-factor set up for it. I didn't, so I did, and now I do. Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo.  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3013 on: July 19, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »
I fucking hate JASRAC, the Japanese version of the RIAA. They have a stranglehold on music in general in Japan and NO-ONE has reasonable streaming options. Pandora, YouTube Music, Spotify, even Last.fm are all region blocked.
They seem worse than their German equivalent.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3014 on: July 19, 2016, 09:33:20 PM »
I think they panicked once CDs were deemed legal for rental. You can rent CDs here, but not games.  ???

But JASRAC's influence and pricing is almost certainly why Rock Band's Japanese version never came out. It's why foreign owned internet radio services are unable to be received here. Actually Apple doesn't block anything, video or audio, and iTunes Radio worked great until they folded it into the Apple Music service and decided to charge for it.  :'(

I've thought about adding a VPN to my regimen, but I guess I'm relatively happy with the 15,000 songs I've already got.

:oldmanshoutsatclouds.gif

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3015 on: July 19, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
I think they panicked once CDs were deemed legal for rental. You can rent CDs here, but not games.  ???
Odd. Maybe video games being relatively new at the time allowed them to bamboozle lawmakers.

:oldmanshoutsatclouds.gif
Nah, these organizations are behind the times.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3016 on: July 20, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
Bought like a day an half worth of food in china town for 5$.  Then ate it all in an hour.   Gonna take a nap at work now. 

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3017 on: July 21, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »
By next pay cycle I'll be a salaried employee as opposed to being paid hourly.  :rejoice

No more sweating about trying to get exactly 40 hours (of quantifiable work) on the clock each week. :doge

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3018 on: July 21, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »
Now they will have you work 50 hours while paying you like you work 40 :doge
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3019 on: July 21, 2016, 06:28:42 PM »
congrats.  Thats a lot of piss to clean up. 

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3020 on: July 21, 2016, 06:59:58 PM »
"Pallando, this week I'll need you to work 50+ hours mopping up dog piss. The janitor is out sick and you're our next best option since you have on the job experience doing this."  :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3021 on: July 22, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
Awww yeah got tickets for the season opening game Arsenal - Liverpool and the wife doesn't mind me going for the weekend so I can hang out with a buddy there :rock

To do list:
-Fish and chips
-Full English breakfast
-Pints
-Playing Fifa
-seeing the Arsenal

spoiler (click to show/hide)
90 quid for a ticket though brehs
[close]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3022 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »
i'm pretty high and i'm about to get breakfast while listening to the new Gucci Mane. After that, I'm gonna take a nap, wake up and play some Overwatch, and fuck my girlfriend, who is really hot and inexplicably seems to really like me. Tonight I'm going to grill some ribs, shrimp, corn, and maybe a couple thighs and/or wings, and then maybe get shitfaced. I hate summer but today will be good.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3023 on: July 23, 2016, 10:27:39 AM »
Saturday here: Busted my ass to get through last minute deliverables for my contract programmer, who loves working on weekends. Got the house shipshape for visiting guests from Turkey who saved my mom and me over there in 2014, and we ate a mess of locally premiere sushi together. Felt like I was running at 90% capacity until dinner.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3024 on: July 23, 2016, 11:09:35 AM »
Friend offered me tickets to Video Games Live in Westbury and we ended up meeting Tommy Tallarico.
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3025 on: July 23, 2016, 12:06:54 PM »
I've gotten much better at changing the tire on my Harley. This is the third time and I've gone from a whole day to just about an hour and a half. Pretty much faster than when the dealer does it. Suck it mofos.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3026 on: July 23, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »
It used to take a whole day? How much harder is it than changing a car tire, assuming someone's car knowledge/experience was at the level of your motorcycle knowledge/experience back when it took a day.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3027 on: July 23, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
The rear is a pain in the ass. You have to remove the exhaust system and of course reinstall it. You also have to get the belt tension right since it connects to the rear tire. And you have to line up both rear swing arms, the brake mount, tire, abs sensor and two spacers to get it all together while pushing the axle through. So doing this by myself for the first time ever... Yeah. A whole day.

There was also a lot of paranoia and "why isn't this shit fitting back together?" Plus trial and error. You can do it without taking the exhaust off but you need some special tools and I've gotten good enough at it that it's not worth it at this point.

It's not more complicated than a car but things aren't engineered nearly as user friendly so there is a lot more little steps where things can get confusing or go wrong if you're trying to figure it out on your own.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3028 on: July 24, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
having a harley damn mups im so jealous

sometimes in bed I think about how much fun I had riding my 125cc suzuki in Ireland, one day Ill ride again dammit

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3029 on: July 24, 2016, 03:45:55 PM »
Do it, man. The world needs more people on two wheels.

« Reply #3030 on: July 24, 2016, 04:07:54 PM »
I’m thinking about getting a bike again too. I think I’m going to go make an offer on this guy this week:

http://cycleactionokc.com/Motorcycles-Suzuki-V-Strom-650-XT-ABS-2015-7f922dbe-d61c-476c-8a3c-a5e6009672d5

helios

« Reply #3031 on: July 24, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
Some guy is going to make a movie out of my short film screenplay about a contract killer trying to win back his girlfriends with the unwanted help of his multiple personalities. And I found out that I placed in the top 20% of of the Nicholl Fellowship with a different script. No where near high enough to become a quarterfinalist, but it's nice to know it got that high.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3032 on: July 24, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »
Payday or what then ?
ὕβρις

helios

« Reply #3033 on: July 24, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »
No payday yet, but it opens a door for me.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3034 on: July 24, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »
I’m thinking about getting a bike again too. I think I’m going to go make an offer on this guy this week:

(Image removed from quote.)

http://cycleactionokc.com/Motorcycles-Suzuki-V-Strom-650-XT-ABS-2015-7f922dbe-d61c-476c-8a3c-a5e6009672d5
Yesssssssss. Do it!!

Tasty

« Reply #3035 on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »
Some guy is going to make a movie out of my short film screenplay about a contract killer trying to win back his girlfriends with the unwanted help of his multiple personalities. And I found out that I placed in the top 20% of of the Nicholl Fellowship with a different script. No where near high enough to become a quarterfinalist, but it's nice to know it got that high.

:o

That's awesome! Congrats man.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3036 on: July 24, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »

Ah shoot. Good nonetheless. Screenwirting is worst than the Hunger Games, having a script picked up by an outsider is always nice.
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3037 on: July 24, 2016, 06:25:41 PM »
:rejoice

helios

« Reply #3038 on: July 24, 2016, 07:58:26 PM »

Ah shoot. Good nonetheless. Screenwirting is worst than the Hunger Games, having a script picked up by an outsider is always nice.

It's a big step, but there's still a long ways to go until you guys say my movies suck

Tasty

« Reply #3039 on: July 24, 2016, 08:01:26 PM »

It's a big step, but there's still a long ways to go until you guys say my movies suck

You'll be The Bore's Gary Whitta in no time!

Takuan

« Reply #3040 on: July 25, 2016, 02:08:21 PM »
I took an amazing dump during my team lunch

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3041 on: July 25, 2016, 02:13:37 PM »
Was the team as impressed with it as you were?

Takuan

« Reply #3042 on: July 25, 2016, 02:23:56 PM »
Was the team as impressed with it as you were?
No, but the flies were. 

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3043 on: July 25, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »
i take a 20 minute dump every day at the office

helios

« Reply #3044 on: July 25, 2016, 07:30:33 PM »
I make a dime. Boss makes a dollar. That's why I poop on everyone's computer.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3045 on: July 27, 2016, 01:53:04 AM »
I had some political shit slinger throwing shit about a deliverable saying that something wasn't in it that was supposed to be but it's on like every paragraph and is frankly impossible to miss. I get called into client's office with this shit slinger and the client is like,

"I'm worried about this deliverable based on what shit slinger here has to say. It seems its missing this important element"
I was like, "Did you actually look at the deliverable? Here it is. See how from the first page you can see what shit slinger is saying isn't true?"
client looks at the deliverable and nods, "Yeah"
I continued, "It's all over the document. Nearly every paragraph of every page. I mean any idiot that can read can see it's in there."
I look at shit slinger who is starting to blush and add, "Well, apparently not ANY idiot." :hitler
client :whoo

I just walked out at that point don't care if the boss is pissed. I'm done with politics here :win
que

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3046 on: July 27, 2016, 09:16:21 AM »
Summer is so boring at the office, went down to the cafe today during work and just closed my eyes for 20 minutes and dozed off.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3047 on: July 27, 2016, 09:31:48 AM »
This nap was actually a struggle

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3048 on: July 27, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »
I had some political shit slinger throwing shit about a deliverable saying that something wasn't in it that was supposed to be but it's on like every paragraph and is frankly impossible to miss. I get called into client's office with this shit slinger and the client is like,

"I'm worried about this deliverable based on what shit slinger here has to say. It seems its missing this important element"
I was like, "Did you actually look at the deliverable? Here it is. See how from the first page you can see what shit slinger is saying isn't true?"
I continued, "It's all over the document. Nearly every paragraph of every page. I mean any idiot that can read can see it's in there."
I look at shit slinger who is starting to blush and add, "Well, apparently not ANY idiot." :hitler

I just walked out at that point don't care if the boss is pissed. I'm done with politics here :win

Wait, a politically-inclined co-worker of yours brought this stuff up with the client? Or was the shit-slinger also part of the client's hierarchy?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3051 on: July 27, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »

Wait, a politically-inclined co-worker of yours brought this stuff up with the client? Or was the shit-slinger also part of the client's hierarchy?
No. If it was my co-worker he'd be fired. It's a cohort of the client.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3052 on: July 27, 2016, 04:54:11 PM »
Braved the sun and went and got beer cause I'm not getting much done at work.  Belhaven stout, which is the first stout I've had that tastes nearly as good in a can as on tap.  Also some Kilkenny irish cream ale cause I thought the packaging looked classy.   

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3053 on: July 28, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »
Went and saw Guns n Roses Sunday night at Metlife arena. Slash is a machine. :bow :rock

Panoramic:
http://i.imgur.com/mknqnI2.jpg

Pretty far away, but the tickets were only $70. :shrug

Amazing show
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3054 on: July 28, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »
only 70$  :dead

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3055 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »
slash was playing with gnr?

:rock

Brehvolution

« Reply #3056 on: July 28, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
only 70$  :dead

The level below us was going for $125+ and just as far away.  :doge
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3057 on: July 29, 2016, 02:40:00 AM »
Will meet the project manager of another employer and on the same day do some work on a personal project in another company letting us use their hardware, hoping to be able to push me (maybe through selling them on some piece of software I am specialized on).

Might not result in anything right now, but it's nice to have some feedback on my efforts to sell myself.
ὕβρις

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3058 on: July 29, 2016, 06:21:07 AM »
My wife outs her old Cosmo magazines in the guest restroom. So every time I use it i get to see Ashley Graham's big ass titty cleavage.

Alcoholic Fish

« Reply #3059 on: July 29, 2016, 06:46:10 AM »
My wife outs her old Cosmo magazines in the guest restroom. So every time I use it i get to see Ashley Graham's big ass titty cleavage.

Met her at a work event once. She was extremely nice.

Also, the ass on her  :noah