Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1838991 times)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1320 on: September 27, 2021, 08:05:07 AM »
“Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thought-crime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.”

- B-Dubs, probably
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1321 on: September 27, 2021, 08:15:09 AM »
He's not even doing the dismissing.  He's saying, given the circumstances, the perception of a Christian actor is not by itself controversial to general society.  Banned for not agreeing to conceive of an alternate view of reality.   :sabu

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1322 on: September 27, 2021, 08:30:39 AM »
Oh, man how could I forget "cacs." It even pre-dates "yt" if I'm not mistaken.
cacs entered the GAF/ERA sphere from here (which got it from real world black people and the whites who post on The Coli), I even got banned on GAF for using it :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1323 on: September 27, 2021, 09:07:01 AM »
Quote from: B-dubs
As a white guy with a ethnic sounding last name that got purposefully mispronounced for laughs when I was a kid, fuck off dude. It made me embarrassed to even exist at times.
Is it really that traumatic to have your name mispronounced as a joke? MAYBE if you're the only foreigner in a large group of people, i can see that, but otherwise?
When i was in school (and i mean from elementary school on) 90% of kids (me included) had their surname twisted into some kind of joke, suicide rate didn't sky rocket, it was just taken as banter.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with people, i don't like to tell someone to grow a thicker skin but c'mon.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1324 on: September 27, 2021, 09:13:49 AM »
As a white guy with a ethnic sounding last name that got purposefully mispronounced for laughs when I was a kid, fuck off dude. It made me embarrassed to even exist at times.
Is it really that traumatic to have your name mispronounced as a joke? MAYBE if you're the only foreigner in a large group of people, i can see that, but otherwise?
When i was in school (and i mean from elementary school on) 90% of kids (me included) had their surname twisted into some kind of joke, suicide rate didn't sky rocket, it was just taken as banter.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with people, i don't like to tell someone to grow a thicker skin but c'mon.

My last name is weird, even for Italy.  When I got to America, a lot of people, of all different colors commented or joked about it.  It was so traumatic I signed up to The Bire to cope.  Now everyone here is just okay with making fun of peoples names?  Droves.  We're all leaving in droves.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1325 on: September 27, 2021, 09:22:31 AM »

My last name is weird, even for Italy.  When I got to America, a lot of people, of all different colors commented or joked about it.

Is it Mussolini?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
woke

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1326 on: September 27, 2021, 09:29:31 AM »

B dubz is a mctaggart??

agree with you btw, used to get roasted for my first name and last name. obviously annoying as fuck but you get over it because everyone is doing it to everyone.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:45:36 AM by remy »

Propagandhim

« Reply #1327 on: September 27, 2021, 09:31:08 AM »

My last name is weird, even for Italy.  When I got to America, a lot of people, of all different colors commented or joked about it.

Is it Mussolini?

[close]

:dead

benjipwns

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1329 on: September 27, 2021, 10:27:52 AM »
Hardcore atheist groups and communities were some of the core voices of anti-feminism that made mra recruiting more effective via YouTube Indoctrination.

Gamergate was full of these people

Hardcore Atheism can reproduce patriarchal hierarchies only the argument becomes men are biologically superior instead of spiritually

:rethread

benjipwns

« Reply #1331 on: September 27, 2021, 10:35:14 AM »
Quote from: SweetNicole
The lack of religious beliefs is as much a religious belief as anything else, and the lack of beliefs can be just as harmful as anything else.
hurrr durrr

benjipwns

« Reply #1332 on: September 27, 2021, 10:47:52 AM »
I'd also like to note that Morrigan completely agreed with Brainchild's OP that religious views are potentially dangerous and to society's detriment. :hitler

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1333 on: September 27, 2021, 11:08:57 AM »

B-Doobs :hitler
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1334 on: September 27, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
I'd also like to note that Morrigan completely agreed with Brainchild's OP that religious views are potentially dangerous and to society's detriment. :hitler

It's almost like there is a 1:1 ratio of known era posters to mods.

:thinking

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1335 on: September 27, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
The lack of religious beliefs is as much a religious belief as anything else, and the lack of beliefs can be just as harmful as anything else.
hurrr durrr

I mean there's a grain of truth here but sweetnicole can't articulate properly

what goes beyond religion is your worldview, and the lack of religious beliefs can inform your worldview as much as a religious one

a tendency to see religious people as dumb/deluded, and therefore seeing large swaths of the population as dumb/deluded, and how that influences everyday interactions...a tendency to be more questioning of authority, or of rules in general...etc. etc.

not all atheists are the same but it's become increasingly clear that not all religious people are the same either, even if the rules of what they believe should make them more similar
Uncle

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1336 on: September 27, 2021, 11:10:49 AM »

Is it Mussolini?

[close]

:dead

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #1337 on: September 27, 2021, 11:11:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/

This is both a reaction thread AND a metacommentary thread, both of which are disallowed. As such, it has been locked. If you want to discuss moderation policy, feel free to post in the Constructive Community Feedback thread.

On the topic the thread is trying to address: people have already brought up our internal reasoning for locking the initial thread. The demographics that make up astrology believers and the right for people to believe what they choose so long as those beliefs do not hurt others were both on our mind, amongst other factors. We don't think that asking you all to live and let live is a particularly tough ask, and threads of that nature will be locked going forwards.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/page-4#post-74187246

Now you've been (nah nah) POODLESTRUCK  :PP

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1338 on: September 27, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/

hey remember Morrigan, who was CONFIRMED BY STAFF to be reformed, who holds muslims in high regard due to how evil americans treat them

:social

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/post-74185866

Quote from: Morrigan
I agree with you completely, OP

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/post-74186517

If you say something someone believes is nonsense and they react badly to that, that seems like a fairly normal and expected reaction, regardless of what the belief is, no?

If your beliefs are threatened by criticism or mockery and you take it personally, that's definitely a you problem.

Harmful beliefs do not deserve protection or deference. But even so much as saying a belief is harmful feels like a personal attack to some believers. It is what it is.

Borderline incel shit.

Yeah, you come across as totally wholesome and not hostile at all here. Clearly you have a few lessons to teach about respecting others and not being a self-important blowhard, eh?

Also this is really gross honestly because a lot of people felt like shit at being categorized based on their Zodiac sign, but sure they're just incels who were being smug or whatever the fuck. Absolute horseshit.
Uncle

benjipwns

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1340 on: September 27, 2021, 11:44:17 AM »
I was definitely throwing a side-eye to streamers rocking back and forth on neon yellow Cyberpunk chairs while

Begging for a Cyberpunk chair I see.   :marimo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/streamers-posting-sponsored-content-for-problematic-companies.491233/page-2#post-74051731

Cyberpunk was Kaiju’s shining moment. That’s why they’re like the fat drunk high school quarterback now in their early 40’s, perched on a bar stool in a dingy local bar, constantly making it about that time.

“I got a game nearly banned once. Biggest game of the era.” *sniffles* “I mattered and brought it down low. Even platinum’d it and the other fuckers couldn’t say nothing. That’s how much clout I had.” *sniffles* “Another one here, Tommy!”

Switters

« Reply #1341 on: September 27, 2021, 11:46:01 AM »
Astrology OT when?
troll

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1342 on: September 27, 2021, 11:48:43 AM »
We don't think that asking you all to live and let live is a particularly tough ask, and threads of that nature will be locked going forwards.

Wheredoyouthinkweare.gif
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 02:47:02 PM by joeboy101 »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1343 on: September 27, 2021, 11:49:13 AM »
I was definitely throwing a side-eye to streamers rocking back and forth on neon yellow Cyberpunk chairs while

Begging for a Cyberpunk chair I see.   :marimo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/streamers-posting-sponsored-content-for-problematic-companies.491233/page-2#post-74051731

Cyberpunk was Kaiju’s shining moment. That’s why they’re like the fat drunk high school quarterback now in their early 40’s, perched on a bar stool in a dingy local bar, constantly making it about that time.

“I got a game nearly banned once. Biggest game of the era.” *sniffles* “I mattered and brought it down low. Even platinum’d it and the other fuckers couldn’t say nothing. That’s how much clout I had.” *sniffles* “Another one here, Tommy!”

Lol, I remember astro announcing on not getting the game but apparently a friend let him borrow his Steam account which has Cyberpunk and installed it, played a bit to and enjoyed it but oh no he was looking like a hypocrite so had to uninstall it..but it was soooo good and was glad his friend didn't get a refund so reinstalled it and played all the way.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1344 on: September 27, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »
Era: Its out of order to imply people who believe that the less medicine you put in water, the more potent it becomes, yet somehow we're not all dead from trace amounts of poisons and pollutants, are fucking idiots

also era: CAN WE #CANCEL CHRIS PRATT YET? FUCKER OPENLY GOES TO CHURCH

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1345 on: September 27, 2021, 11:52:05 AM »
If you want to discuss moderation policy, feel free to post in the Constructive Community Feedback thread.

same energy as "feel free to go fuck yourself with an aids infected razor"

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1346 on: September 27, 2021, 11:54:29 AM »

hey remember Morrigan, who was CONFIRMED BY STAFF to be reformed, who holds muslims in high regard due to how evil americans treat them

:social

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/post-74185866

I agree with you completely, OP

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/post-74186517

If you say something someone believes is nonsense and they react badly to that, that seems like a fairly normal and expected reaction, regardless of what the belief is, no?

If your beliefs are threatened by criticism or mockery and you take it personally, that's definitely a you problem.

Harmful beliefs do not deserve protection or deference. But even so much as saying a belief is harmful feels like a personal attack to some believers. It is what it is.

Borderline incel shit.

Yeah, you come across as totally wholesome and not hostile at all here. Clearly you have a few lessons to teach about respecting others and not being a self-important blowhard, eh?

Also this is really gross honestly because a lot of people felt like shit at being categorized based on their Zodiac sign, but sure they're just incels who were being smug or whatever the fuck. Absolute horseshit.

And from another thread

People mock Christianity all the time on here. There's an entire thread going on right now about a funny Mormon sexual practice. Something like mocking Judaism and Islam wouldn't be permitted because of the historical connotations in the context of western history with these religions, this being a primarily western message board.

People who believe in modern astrology and horoscopes, however, are not exactly an oppressed group.
This ^ And look at Scientology too, or Jehovah's Witnesses, everyone agree it's fair game to roast their beliefs.

That said honestly criticizing those other religious is acceptable too. Just don't punch down when you go about it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-pretty-baffled-by-how-mainstream-astrology-etc-has-become.491449/post-74141241

The funny thing is, I actually agree with her, and those islamophobia accusations seems really overblown to me, but it's also obvious that she still has the same believes.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1347 on: September 27, 2021, 12:00:14 PM »
The funny thing is, I actually agree with her, and those islamophobia accusations seems really overblown to me, but it's also obvious that she still has the same believes.

the only reason the accusations matter (on era) is because that's the way era conducts itself in every other situation

of course the things she said were probably fine, but they permaban others for much less, so...?
Uncle

NekoFever

« Reply #1348 on: September 27, 2021, 12:04:59 PM »
hurrr durrr

There’s that horseshoe again because I’ve seen the same argument from conservative evangelicals.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1349 on: September 27, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »
I mean, if they took the "less america centric view" promises they made seriously, they would stop talking about Islam and Asia as "minorities" as a broad truth.

« Reply #1350 on: September 27, 2021, 12:11:44 PM »
The GFR thread got really quiet all of a sudden. Even Mr. I bought my wife doesn't have much more to say after the boyfriend changed his mind and they talked with the dev. I wonder why.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1351 on: September 27, 2021, 12:11:45 PM »
I mean, if they took the "less america centric view" promises they made seriously, they would stop talking about Islam and Asia as "minorities" as a broad truth.

It's no use.  They justified defending the inanity of crystal witch magic by saying a small portion of women, who are marginalized minorities, take part in it.  These people are not reachable.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #1352 on: September 27, 2021, 12:14:25 PM »
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
When I was a mod there was an entire subreddit devoted to stalking me because I...didn't like Xenoblade 2.
Not true.
Quote from: Aerith
Way to completely undersell the trauma such abuse inflicts on marginalised people like Nepenthe. As a Black, NB person who is vocal in threads concerning very difficult and harmful topics that impact her very life, Nepenthe receives much more abuse than you can ever imagine, you absolute coward.
Way to complete discount Nepenthe's behavior (and the staff's continued enslavement of her) as related to why she receives any criticism.
Are you even a member of any of the group's targeted in those screenshots?
Irrelevant.
Quote from: Android Sophia
A lot of what happened as an admin traumatized me.
No, it didn't.

I know REEEE mods/admins read here, so allow me to pontificate a bit.  I served three tours of duty.  Some of what I saw and dealt with I would not wish on my worst enemy.  Like having to hold in a 5 year olds intestines because a IED exploded too quickly.  That's trauma.  People using "naughty" words and/or making fun of you on a FUCKING VIDEO GAME FORUM is not trauma.

Get fucked, Sophia.

:camby

benjipwns

« Reply #1353 on: September 27, 2021, 12:18:55 PM »
Just for reference, here's the Islamophobia by Morrigan as recorded by Bronson Lee who was the original accuser:
Religious beliefs are not inherently deserving of respect
You hate Islam, not Muslims. I'd say you're good.
Do killers who are not motivated by Islam typically shout "Allahu Akbar!"?
It is not the only religion to be inherently oppressive to women (all Abrahamic religions are guilty), but that's not a defense at all.

Many Muslims will throw wall o' texts full of mental gymnastics to prove otherwise, but it's all denial and hand-waving.
Hating a religion doesn't make one a bigot though.
Islam gets plenty of mockery too (and plenty of butthurt apologists who whine about islamophobia and "respecting beliefs", as if any belief were inherently worthy of respect).
Zelda games (and most Nintendo IPs) are overrated

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1354 on: September 27, 2021, 12:50:06 PM »
When I was a mod there was an entire subreddit devoted to stalking me because I...didn't like Xenoblade 2.
Not true.
Way to completely undersell the trauma such abuse inflicts on marginalised people like Nepenthe. As a Black, NB person who is vocal in threads concerning very difficult and harmful topics that impact her very life, Nepenthe receives much more abuse than you can ever imagine, you absolute coward.
Way to complete discount Nepenthe's behavior (and the staff's continued enslavement of her) as related to why she receives any criticism.
Irrelevant.
No, it didn't.

I know REEEE mods/admins read here, so allow me to pontificate a bit.  I served three tours of duty.  Some of what I saw and dealt with I would not wish on my worst enemy.  Like having to hold in a 5 year olds intestines because a IED exploded too quickly.  That's trauma.  People using "naughty" words and/or making fun of you on a FUCKING VIDEO GAME FORUM is not trauma.

Get fucked, Sophia.

Ever had someone mispronounce your name, while over there?

BisMarckie

« Reply #1355 on: September 27, 2021, 01:00:25 PM »
Just for reference, here's the Islamophobia by Morrigan as recorded by Bronson Lee who was the original accuser:
It is not the only religion to be inherently oppressive to women (all Abrahamic religions are guilty), but that's not a defense at all.

Many Muslims will throw wall o' texts full of mental gymnastics to prove otherwise, but it's all denial and hand-waving.
Islam gets plenty of mockery too (and plenty of butthurt apologists who whine about islamophobia and "respecting beliefs", as if any belief were inherently worthy of respect).

After reading these quotes, I am ready to conquer the holy land for the pope

benjipwns

« Reply #1356 on: September 27, 2021, 01:07:13 PM »
Since the reveal of them and seeing them interacted, me and my S.O. were always bother by him. He is just not nice overall and especially with her. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a toxic relationship because I don't know them well enough, but there always something fishy about them.

Well seeing that exchange, I can't believe she is with him.
very normal analysis

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1358 on: September 27, 2021, 01:35:31 PM »
Since the reveal of them and seeing them interacted, me and my S.O. were always bother by him. He is just not nice overall and especially with her. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a toxic relationship because I don't know them well enough, but there always something fishy about them.

Well seeing that exchange, I can't believe she is with him.
very normal analysis

I watch all of their content about games I played (because of spoilers of course) and the hateful things, death threats happening to them are inexcusable, period.

I don't think having a bling spots is a problem. Everybody on earth has blind spots about something. But when someone point a blind spot and you are defending yourself with "intentions" or "schoolyard jokes", it's not blind spot anymore. It's basic "white cisgenre hetero man" (which I am too) discourse.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1359 on: September 27, 2021, 01:37:16 PM »

After reading these quotes, I am ready to conquer the holy land for the pope
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1360 on: September 27, 2021, 02:02:41 PM »
Astros working hard in the girlfriend reviews thread to make the boyfriend A LIAR because he said era portrays them as alt-right chuds and only a noticeable portion of posters try and do that in every single thread about them, not everyone in every thread about them.

In exactly the way he noticeably fucking doesn't when people claim era is not a safe space for leaving in droves minorities

benjipwns

« Reply #1361 on: September 27, 2021, 02:07:31 PM »
Astros working hard in the girlfriend reviews thread to make the boyfriend A LIAR because he said era portrays them as alt-right chuds and only a noticeable portion of posters try and do that in every single thread about them, not everyone in every thread about them.

In exactly the way he noticeably fucking doesn't when people claim era is not a safe space for leaving in droves minorities
But only one person actually said alt-right! Sure, others called them shitheels, said they promoted fascists, accused them of palling around with white supremacists, spread hate content, were a gateway to bigotry, said the relationship was creepy and he probably was holding her as a sex slave, etc. but only one person actually literally said alt-right and that's true! CLAIM DEBUNKED.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1362 on: September 27, 2021, 02:25:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-deference-that-all-era-members-are-expected-to-show-towards-beliefs-regarding-religion-pseudoscience-superstition-etc-is-starting-to-annoy-me.492246/#post-74184843

Quote from: brainchild
This is some "I am very smart" shit, and this thread is going to be locked.

If this is your take as former admin on this site, and current admin/mods feel the same way, I do not foresee a healthy future for this forum. It's certainly concerning given how off-base it is. I wasn't trying to be snarky or elitist in the slightest, yet that seems to be your suggestion.

You're quite literally proving my point.

Quote from: Loanshark

There's a difference between pseudoscience and religion, to be clear. The lack of religious beliefs is as much a religious belief as anything else, and the lack of beliefs can be just as harmful as anything else. There's really no moral high ground; we're all pretty terrible at using our beliefs as a weapon against others to justify our moral superiority.

Yikes. This type of relativism is just awful, and among the lowest hanging fruit there is. Not everything is the same thing.

Quote from: Mr_F_Snowman

The lack of religious beliefs is as much a religious belief as anything else

Sorry but this is utter nonsense

More similar posts followed

Quote from: Poodlestrike
This is both a reaction thread AND a metacommentary thread, both of which are disallowed. As such, it has been locked. If you want to discuss moderation policy, feel free to post in the Constructive Community Feedback thread.

On the topic the thread is trying to address: people have already brought up our internal reasoning for locking the initial thread. The demographics that make up astrology believers and the right for people to believe what they choose so long as those beliefs do not hurt others were both on our mind, amongst other factors. We don't think that asking you all to live and let live is a particularly tough ask, and threads of that nature will be locked going forwards.

:kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1363 on: September 27, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »

The demographics that make up astrology believers

I'm now wondering if any moderation staff did any research whatsoever into the demographics of believers in astrology, or if it was as entirely feels based as astrology itfuckingself

Averon

« Reply #1364 on: September 27, 2021, 02:53:22 PM »
Pretty obvious one or more of the mods are in to astrology and was pissed their little hobby was being made fun of.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #1365 on: September 27, 2021, 02:54:43 PM »
Not true.
Irrelevant.
No, it didn't.

Get fucked, Sophia.

Ever had someone mispronounce your name, while over there?

Oh yeah.  It hurts so deep.  But after the eighth funeral I had to attend and give a flag to a widow because my unit was used as a suicide squad, I got over it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1366 on: September 27, 2021, 03:04:18 PM »
Do they realize how patronizing it is to say that we should pretend Astrology and pseudo-sciences aren't fucking distinguished mentally-challenged, just because more women read the horoscope?

Are women and LGBT people like children, shielded from the absence of Santa Claus?
It betrays a paternalistic belief that these people are idiots, incapable of rational thought, lacking the emotional maturity to question their (silly) beliefs.
that's some 19th century shit. :tophat

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1367 on: September 27, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »
I obviously have no evidence because yhonestly :no1curr but my truthiness tells me astrology believers are also more likely to skew trump for god emperor too

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1368 on: September 27, 2021, 03:23:07 PM »
Speaking of coddling imbeciles, theres the thread about men in college.

Bunch of people saying "men dont need to go to college, trade school is fine"

Someone please post the chart of how non-college educated males vote.
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1369 on: September 27, 2021, 03:31:13 PM »
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1370 on: September 27, 2021, 03:47:31 PM »
Venus is currently in Orion's Belt and that's affecting my motivational chakra, so I called my boss to tell her I can't come to work for the next 14 days and I would have to take special religious leave.

Does anyone have any jobs going?
Spud

« Reply #1371 on: September 27, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »

The fact more than one person called them alt-right for playing the fucking Mario Maker level of a dude that hugged Jontron once and didn't get banned for it justifies everything Shelby and Matt feel about the forum.  That's two degrees of separation in an industry where most people are at most one degree away from someone truly awful (by Era's standards) including friggin Geoff Keighley.

Astro is a dumbass.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1372 on: September 27, 2021, 04:06:22 PM »
not really been following this bit but is the new ree argument that people who take Ivermectin or brain force plus are total distinguished mentally-challenged fellows but astrology is real and I can totally cure you with my fake crystals like we're in a jrpg? :rash
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1373 on: September 27, 2021, 04:07:21 PM »

The fact more than one person called them alt-right for playing the fucking Mario Maker level of a dude that hugged Jontron once and didn't get banned for it justifies everything Shelby and Matt feel about the forum.  That's two degrees of separation in an industry where most people are at most one degree away from someone truly awful (by Era's standards) including friggin Geoff Keighley.

Astro is a dumbass.

it's the game people play online where there are so many people talking about bullshit that you can guarantee at least one person has said any given thing on any given topic

everybody has a throng of cheering fans and everybody gets death threats

so you can say anything you want about the discourse to either engage with positivity, or attempt to win via pity points
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1374 on: September 27, 2021, 04:11:13 PM »
not really been following this bit but is the new ree argument that people who take Ivermectin or brain force plus are total distinguished mentally-challenged fellows but astrology is real and I can totally cure you with my fake crystals like we're in a jrpg? :rash

holy shit can you imagine the threads if the next thing conservatives do is look to the stars

"this Virginia woman says her horoscope prevented her from going to a party where everybody else got covid, and is glad Trump is a gemini like her"

:dead :dead :dead
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #1375 on: September 27, 2021, 04:11:44 PM »
User warned: Do not post about sensitive topics without reading first

Edit. Hold on this guys name is not Dinky Baklava?

Then yes that is an issue.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-deathloop-really-a-masterpiece-girlfriend-reviews.491625/page-13#post-74167179

:kermit

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1376 on: September 27, 2021, 04:18:38 PM »
In this case, "Ree" is mostly one mod/admin who thinks they're a witch, and all the other mods have to play the usual political jiujitsu to cover her ass.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1377 on: September 27, 2021, 04:20:37 PM »
User warned: Do not post about sensitive topics without reading first

Edit. Hold on this guys name is not Dinky Baklava?

Then yes that is an issue.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-deathloop-really-a-masterpiece-girlfriend-reviews.491625/page-13#post-74167179

:kermit

I assume this would be a bad time to bring up that I think Baklava is actually a cute nickname

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1378 on: September 27, 2021, 04:23:35 PM »
It’s a bangin dessert

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1379 on: September 27, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
Aren't baklavas mask for "those" people who rob?