Author Topic: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk  (Read 557410 times)

Himu

Re: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk
« Reply #4200 on: March 01, 2010, 02:19:48 AM »
[youtube=560,345]vN9NYy09NMw[/youtube]

With this, Green Man will become a superhero.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #4201 on: March 01, 2010, 02:29:13 AM »
I know it was like two pages ago, but Wrath, I can't agree that the N64 library > PS1 library. That's impossible. The N64 had some excellent games, but the PS1 was the SNES of its generation, same as the PS2.
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #4202 on: March 01, 2010, 02:40:09 AM »
the worst feeling ever is getting stuck writing a paper all day, then banging it out in 30 minutes.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4203 on: March 01, 2010, 05:40:23 AM »
If you want to do your drugs at home, that's fine.  Just don't come to my ER looking for them.  I am not a forgiving person at 5 in the morning...  >:(
WTF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4204 on: March 01, 2010, 06:03:19 AM »
If you want to do your drugs at home, that's fine.  Just don't come to my ER looking for them.  I am not a forgiving person at 5 in the morning...  >:(
:lol

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4205 on: March 01, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
Twisted Metal 2 destroys all those Wrath!

I don't think 90% of the games from that era aged well by the way.  The jump into 3D was rough and left so many games unplayable 10 years later.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #4206 on: March 01, 2010, 11:58:37 AM »
What do people order at Jack in the Box that takes so long? And why doesn't Burger King serve breakfast all day?
(|)

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4207 on: March 01, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »
Why doesn't anyone shoot Batman in the face? How come Denny's microwaves their food?
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4208 on: March 01, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »
What do people order at Jack in the Box that takes so long? And why doesn't Burger King serve breakfast all day?

That shit goes to your thighs. Officially unfappable. You should be ashamed.
fat

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #4209 on: March 01, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »
I ain't learning no moonspeak, though I hope that my teacher is Asian because I have "Your the best around" on my Sansa.

:bow Sansa :bow2
QED

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4210 on: March 01, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
3 years ago I would have said Jack in the Box was delicious but by all standards it's fucking terrible now.  Absolutely terrible.  I don't know if my taste changed or they changed something.  But Christ almighty it's bad.  I've also gotten food poisoning 5 times from there.  But that didn't stop me.  Maybe it's just my body now rejecting it.  Service is terrible.  Food is terrible.  Natural cut fries with 96 grams of saturated fat!!!  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  My hate for Jack in the Crack knows no bounds.

:bow McDonalds :bow2

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4211 on: March 01, 2010, 12:40:55 PM »
3 years ago I would have said Jack in the Box was delicious but by all standards it's fucking terrible now.  Absolutely terrible.  I don't know if my taste changed or they changed something.  But Christ almighty it's bad.  I've also gotten food poisoning 5 times from there.  But that didn't stop me.  Maybe it's just my body now rejecting it.  Service is terrible.  Food is terrible.  Natural cut fries with 96 grams of saturated fat!!!  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  My hate for Jack in the Crack knows no bounds.

5 times?   okay, 1 is a fluke, 2 is screwed up, 3 is omfg this place is awful I'm never going here again.  4 and 5??!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4212 on: March 01, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
I'm a masochist.  The first 2 times were on holidays.  and within a week of each other (Dec. 25 ~2 AM and Dec 31 ~11pm).  So I figured "avoid on holidays!"

Then I had it out of the blue.  I couldn't smell a bacon ultimate cheeseburger or think about one without getting sick for like 2 years. 

Then I had some bad tacos one night and I decided "Okay, no more tacos!"  At this point I was able to eat the bacon ultimate cheeseburgers again so I thought I was okay.  Then I had a hamburger deluxe, got sick as a motherfucker and swore it off forever.  This was about 5 months ago.

Never again, motherfuckers.  Never again.

Edit: To be clear, only the first two times were from the same store and to be fair, i have a pretty weak stomach when it comes to food.  it's easily upset.

Himu

« Reply #4213 on: March 01, 2010, 12:54:03 PM »

What the fuck dude. You live in Texas. Whataburger.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4214 on: March 01, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »
The only people better suited for Apple products are these folks:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

... When I want my mom to listen to Owl City and read Pitchfork RSS feeds, I'll buy her a Mac, okay?

You'll know something is up if she asks to drive you to Borders in the  back seat of the car  :'(

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4215 on: March 01, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
E

h.  I got a five guys and a Dairy Queen down the street.  Whataburger is good.  But it's expensive with a limited selection and limited locations.  The closest ones are both like 5 miles away.  Meh.

Himu

« Reply #4216 on: March 01, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
E

h.  I got a five guys and a Dairy Queen down the street.  Whataburger is good.  But it's expensive with a limited selection and limited locations.  The closest ones are both like 5 miles away.  Meh.

what about sonic?

And Dairy Queen rocks. I have not been to one in YEARS. They used to have one over by main street and Humble Elementary School but they replaced it with a Vietnamese Wok shop. BOO.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4217 on: March 01, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
I used to walk to that Dairy Queen when I lived in those apartments.  Goddamn motherfucking dipped cone!

Sonic is close by but it's another overpriced restaurant that is simply decent.  The best thing is the reeses blasts, but I like the reeses blizzards more.  And the chili cheese fries from dairy queen are better too.  oh and sonic fries are sooooo friggin small.

By the way, I'm going to Casa del Pueblo tomorrow after work.  I haven't been there in like a year dude!  Goddamn I am so fucking excited.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #4218 on: March 01, 2010, 01:15:26 PM »
http://sarband.ir/?p=1825

iranian snakes and ladders

i think i see what they did there
Tonya

Himu

« Reply #4219 on: March 01, 2010, 01:22:39 PM »
By the way, I'm going to Casa del Pueblo tomorrow after work.  I haven't been there in like a year dude!  Goddamn I am so fucking excited.

I HATE YOU
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4220 on: March 01, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »
I haven't had junk food in a while, would you guy please stop talking about it!
We're onto Casa Del Pueblo which is NOT junk food.

I HATE YOU
I BET YOU DO!

I'm going to get a burrito and two fucking tacos.  And that fucking salsa.  It's going to be incredible.  Then I'm taking it home to eat while watching Lost with the wife.  I'll give you a call while I eat it if you want.  I mean, I'll tell you about every fucking bite and how the deceased cow is cumming in my mouth.  I WILL

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4221 on: March 01, 2010, 01:43:40 PM »
Went to ask someone from one of my classes a question, and instead of introducing myself or saying excuse me ect.  I come up from behind and say "Are you done questions 4 and 5?".  I'm so socially awkward.  :(

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4222 on: March 01, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
Well what did they say?

Powerslave

« Reply #4223 on: March 01, 2010, 01:53:50 PM »
do you want me to post some socially awkward penguin pics to cheer you up?

Powerslave

« Reply #4224 on: March 01, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »
'scuse me are you father mike?

jk hold on

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4225 on: March 01, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
Yes those always cheer me up

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4226 on: March 01, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
Well what did they say?

"This is my stop"
nat

Powerslave

« Reply #4227 on: March 01, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »

Raban

• The baby...
SRY

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #4229 on: March 01, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
who is this marketed at?  :lol

a friend bought  some this morning and said it tasted like :yuck, adding, "kinda like the real thing" 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:39:47 PM by InfectedGib »

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #4230 on: March 01, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
I think our company just hired the oldest living man alive, and the best part of it all is that I have to work with this fossil.  Fucking sweet.  He smells like Gold's Bond Medicated foot powder, moth balls, and ass.

Tomorrow at lunch I'll take him over to the bank so he can exchange his Confederate money for some foldin' cash.
Tacos

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4231 on: March 01, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »
 :lol  I've done all those but the book one.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4232 on: March 01, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
I think our company just hired the oldest living man alive, and the best part of it all is that I have to work with this fossil.  Fucking sweet.  He smells like Gold's Bond Medicated foot powder, moth balls, and ass.

Tomorrow at lunch I'll take him over to the bank so he can exchange his Confederate money for some foldin' cash.

I've seen this in a movie before. At first, you'll despise him and have a hard time putting up with his old and crazy ways.  Then one day, he'll do something completely wrong, but with the best intentions (which you won't understand at the time.)  You'll get really mad and blow up at him...then he'll just get sad, sit you down, and tell you a story about how he fought in the war, which will give you both a new found understanding of him while also providing you with perspective on your own life.  It'll dawn on you all along that he's a genius with a lot to teach you.  From then on, each day with him will be a fulfilling learning experience.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then he'll try to touch you after he gains your complete trust.
[close]

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #4233 on: March 01, 2010, 10:36:04 PM »
Well my Mom and Dad found out about my sexual escapades.

I can't wait till morning!  :-\

I think they are about to whip your quite dark for an Arab ass, that's what I think will happen  :lol :lol :( 8) :-*
UK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4234 on: March 01, 2010, 11:03:28 PM »
Well my Mom and Dad found out about my sexual escapades.

I can't wait till morning!  :-\

What happened?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4235 on: March 02, 2010, 12:35:57 AM »
I once got a lesbian to play a (male) gay character for a English video arts project.

etiolate

« Reply #4236 on: March 02, 2010, 01:24:39 AM »
Can't find my checks and need to send out rent.

Had to use public restroom(hate this) and got stuck listening to bad 90s alterna-rock while staring at the racist wall scribblings.

Bright side: Pizza with shrimp and pine-nuts.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4237 on: March 02, 2010, 01:29:09 AM »
Just got a text book to prepare from my summer job for $22 on amazon new,  it regularly goes for $130.   It was the last copy too.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #4238 on: March 02, 2010, 01:35:39 AM »
Bright side: Pizza with shrimp and pine-nuts.

Sounds dreadful.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4239 on: March 02, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
So apparently, at a Dunkin Donuts near my house, some young Russian kid working there (around 17 I think) went out back to empty out the trash, and fell into an unblocked pit that led to the cesspool... what a way to go, drowned in the cesspool  :-\
^_^

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4240 on: March 02, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
I'm so sick of arguing with banks. Today marked the 3rd time in 6 month I've had to show the lady on the phone that I was charged overdraft fees when the money was in there.
Her: bu bu bu there was a tip left on your card and that doesn't come out right away
Me: It was a 2 dollar tip and the money was in there
Her: Well, it confuses the system
Me: Then your system is a moron

Seriously, I shouldn't have to babysit my bank and argue over reversing fees that shouldn't have been charged in the first place. Greedy fucks!
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4241 on: March 02, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
I hate my banks.

Wells Fargo decided to close my savings account for inactivity because I hadn't made any withdrawals in 6 months.  Uhh, but there were deposits every two weeks for the last 6 months!  Then to get it reactivated was a pain in the ass and my online banking STILL doesn't work. 

Chase had one of their atm's compromised and when we called to file a claim the dude says it will take 48 hours to investigate.  Within 3 minutes we had an email saying our claim was denied.  We called back and this lady says "someone had access to your card.  i'm sorry but you need to find out who you knew that had access.  the transactions were done in your area.  the claim is denied and it's going to stay denied."  I'm glad this power hungry bitch knows more about where my card was than I do!  It took a ton of bitching before we got them to do further investigation and the lady tells us "we have a guide for isntant denials if it meets a certain criteria so our representatives were just doing what they were told to do."  Well can you tell them to fuck themselves?

Oh and when Enterprise does an inquiry to make sure I have more than 500 in my account so I can rent a car, that doesn't mean to hold 500 fucking dollars for 3 weeks, Chase!  2 and a half weeks after I already returned the motherfucking car!

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #4242 on: March 02, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »
i use USAA, which is open to more than just military members now.
Tonya

Moran

« Reply #4243 on: March 02, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »
I hate when I'm having a great conversation with someone I've just met then it starts to go downhill because all I can think of is 'Wow I'm actually having a great conversation with someone I just met, maybe I'm not so socially distinguished mentally-challenged!'
why

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #4244 on: March 02, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »
you should just say that out loud next time so that its out of your system. 

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #4245 on: March 02, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »
Make sure to laugh afterwards so she thinks you are joking.
Drunk

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #4246 on: March 02, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »
I hate when I'm having a great conversation with someone I've just met then it starts to go downhill because all I can think of is 'Wow I'm actually having a great conversation with someone I just met, maybe I'm not so socially distinguished mentally-challenged!'

It's better when you both have the same moment and conversation stops entirely.  At least then you can both laugh awkwardly (like in the movies).

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4247 on: March 02, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
my local news station is doing a report on chatroulette :rofl

and surprise surprise it's about child predators and stuff.
nat

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4248 on: March 02, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »

For whatever reason, I don't have this problem much. Either it's a disaster right from the start, or I'm able to have a good conversation for a while. The last time it was three hours a while.
AMC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4249 on: March 02, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »

and surprise surprise it's about child predators and stuff.

What did you say when they interviewed you?

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4250 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »

Has this thread taught you nothing?!

This is where you say 'This is my stop'
vjj

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #4251 on: March 02, 2010, 10:31:07 PM »
Cormac is right - leave 'em wanting. 8)

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4252 on: March 02, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »
[youtube=560,345]8THGqrjUDGI[/youtube]

wtf
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:43:08 PM by Viz »
萌え~

Moran

« Reply #4253 on: March 03, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »

Well I'm more than comfortable enough talking to people I know and I can hold a conversation for hours with someone new if I've been drinking a little but sober I just can't deal with anyone I haven't spoken to much, I completely freeze up most of the time and when I don't the above happens soon enough. It just makes it pretty hard to talk to people in my classes who are people I'd really like to be friends with most of the time.

My main problem is that it's like a 50/50 chance I will be either charmingly awkward or 'i need to get away from this conversation' awkward. If someone opens the conversation with a compliment or my voice starts too high/loud/quiet I get completely thrown off and it's pretty much downhill from there :lol

The worst part is knowing I just need to relax more but not being able to do that, I remember last year for a couple of months I would have an irish coffee before work so I could talk with customers easier. I stopped but to be honest it wasn't enough to negatively effect my work or to be noticeable and it did help me out quite a lot, I felt pretty guilty about it though.
why

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4254 on: March 03, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
Guilt from drinking?  You don't deserve your avatar!

Moran

« Reply #4255 on: March 03, 2010, 12:59:08 AM »
I know :'( my boss at the time was such a sweet old lady though.

^ seems insane enough just blasting Queen in Dharan :lol
why

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4256 on: March 03, 2010, 12:59:53 AM »
My epistemology class is turning into an ethics class.  I am very displeased.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #4257 on: March 03, 2010, 01:03:47 AM »
If someone opens the conversation with a compliment or my voice starts too high/loud/quiet I get completely thrown off and it's pretty much downhill from there :lol

Yesterday I went through a huge storm to reach the chemist.  So in this already-flustered state, I was then served by an unusually cute girl at the chemist.  Afterwards it took me three tries to find my way out of the store. :-[

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4258 on: March 03, 2010, 01:10:35 AM »
Showed the house off to a potential new roommate today. He was wearing a doo-rag and babby sweats, like many of the dudes at school. Talked to him a bit and he seems pretty cool though; he's a cook which rocks. But then things went kinda meh

me: the place is normally pretty quiet, although my roommate plays his gospel music rather loudly at times lol
him: oh for real, I'm into that too. I make gospel hip-hop, I'm a producer on the side.
me: oh, that's...cool
him: yea man, givin god the props, that's what I'm about.
 :-\

Having two members of the urban black Christian...thing in the same house could be annoying. Literally all my roommate does is eat (rarely cleaning up after himself) and listen to sermons and praise music.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4259 on: March 03, 2010, 01:14:30 AM »
How do your roommates feel about your cheeseburger porn?