Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5973605 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #24781 on: July 30, 2018, 12:36:14 AM »
insufferable.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24782 on: July 30, 2018, 01:19:06 AM »
I feel like maybe resetera and Neogaf are different kinds of shit, and deserve separate threads.

jorma

« Reply #24783 on: July 30, 2018, 01:23:20 AM »
I feel like maybe resetera and Neogaf are different kinds of shit, and deserve separate threads.

trash is trash tho, there's plenty of different kinds but it all ends up in the same bin anyway - sorting the waste is just a pain in the ass

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #24784 on: July 30, 2018, 01:28:17 AM »
A gay black man with a high school diploma will make more money in his lifetime than a straight black man with a PHD.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10917177

Fuck.  He gets the sarcasm pass.  My reporting did nothing
sigh

jorma

« Reply #24785 on: July 30, 2018, 01:34:33 AM »
A gay black man with a high school diploma will make more money in his lifetime than a straight black man with a PHD.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10917177

i would like to ask him if that was really true, but i'd probably just end up getting banned for downplaying something

Oblivion

« Reply #24786 on: July 30, 2018, 03:32:36 AM »
You have been banned for the following reason: Racial objectification. History of severe infractions. Ban extended to 2 weeks after admin review. Any similar future offense will carry a severe penalty.

The fuckers actually extended my ban to another week.  :lol

And LOL @ "History of severe infractions". I got one ban prior to this and that was for complaining about Taki's boobs being smaller in the new SC.

I'm now more convinced than ever that Dragona might secretly be a mod there. Fuck that place, seriously.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #24787 on: July 30, 2018, 03:45:37 AM »
You have been banned for the following reason: Racial objectification. History of severe infractions. Ban extended to 2 weeks after admin review. Any similar future offense will carry a severe penalty.

And LOL @ "History of severe infractions". I got one ban prior to this and that was for complaining about Taki's boobs being smaller in the new SC.

I'm now more convinced than ever that Dragona might secretly be a mod there. Fuck that place, seriously.

Please be more respectful, didn't you read that mod message? Any similar offense will carry a

S E V E R E  P E N A L T Y

Oh shit, you're fucked dude.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #24788 on: July 30, 2018, 04:10:03 AM »

Inb4 ban extended to permanent for vilifying moderation and posting to alt right discussion boards.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

daemon

« Reply #24789 on: July 30, 2018, 04:36:18 AM »

Now now, your criminal deeds will not be tolerated any further!

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #24790 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:50 AM »
All dogs are retar d inbred wolves anyways.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #24791 on: July 30, 2018, 04:41:56 AM »
See dressing up a bad argument in flowery language and extra words designed to make your argument sound more credible and palatable isn't being an adult it's being a first year university student... at best.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
excel sheets
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10919703

:neogaf

Someone projecting what going to college would be like.
sigh

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #24792 on: July 30, 2018, 04:49:41 AM »
I know, understand, and am not surprised that the modship has an aversion to sexuality.

It's still hilarious all the same. cause of reasons.

In the WC thread whenever Belgium was playing there were tons of posts about Hazard's ass.

Bizarrely no one got warned/banned for objectification :thinking

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #24793 on: July 30, 2018, 04:51:15 AM »
If he/she thinks that's flowery language I got a Jordan Peterson book for him/her.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24794 on: July 30, 2018, 06:19:14 AM »
One of my personal favorite hate reads on ResetEra is the Microsoft first party thread. Everyone who posts there talks like they're employed by Microsoft, it's all "MS should buy *insert studio here* because they make incredible experiences. *insert studios marquee franchise here* would work perfectly as GAAS and would add to MAU revenue" like lol who the fuck talks like that? I hope MS gets better at first party too but that doesn't mean I'mma ride brand dick with PR speak.
Personally I think velocity girl would be completely in awe by the joy of a subscription model in the latest GAAS installment in a hit series like Banjo Kazooie(TM).
If we're looking at a ROI of roughly 18 months with an option to diversify the investment through a GamePass and a PC release it would certainly increase our standing in the target audience age 8 - 25
and even some Gen X'ers who had high levels of engagement with the prequels in high-school.
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #24795 on: July 30, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »

You are easily triggered, son

it's the cutting diet i'm in, plus this town and it's dust and the allergies and lack of sleep i get. I can get a bit agitated.

:lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24796 on: July 30, 2018, 08:04:09 AM »
I feel the problem isn't so much the pitbulls themselves, but the type of people that are attracted to those kind of breeds are douchebags like Assimilate who don't train them properly or worse yet train them to be aggressive.

This is absolutely the case and it's ridiculous that people like Assimilate don't get that.  My dog (a Chihuahua mix, btw- sweet as hell and loves people) got attacked by a St. Bernard once.  Idiots were in the park trying to "train" the dog and it ran away from them and attacked our dog.  Fortunately she was fine and just needed stitches. 

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24797 on: July 30, 2018, 08:05:00 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/returning-member-after-a-long-absence-how-would-you-rate-the-overall-health-of-this-forum.1464012/page-14#post-253364304

Quote from: EverybodyHatesMe, post: 253364304, member: 744665
This place is slowly getting better. It's sad that the owner had to be dragged along kicking and screaming, but things are better now. I have no doubt that he would go back to the old days if he could, but that is impossible. I'm glad that i burned one of my accounts here when the forum was melting down. You reap what you sow Evilore. Maybe you can learn something from all of this.

:crowdlaff
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #24798 on: July 30, 2018, 08:14:19 AM »

Not sure I agree. A dog is a living, breathing thing that exists in our world. I could see dog haters banding together.

ResetEra freaks out about things that don't exist except in their heads.

You've got a point but c'mon, it's dogs. What kind of fucking lunatic would post in a forum dedicated to hating dogs? I get not liking them but this is just sick.

I found that place a few days ago. I don’t like dogs much but they really are beyond the pale.
IYKYK

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #24799 on: July 30, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »
A few weeks ago I saw a guy walking his pitbull and he kept yelling at it to be "hard headed". Some people get them to formulate an image.
Oi Oi

agrajag

« Reply #24800 on: July 30, 2018, 09:00:36 AM »

And now by posting your ban message here, at the nexus of hate, you have sealed your fate.

:bolo

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #24801 on: July 30, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
One of my personal favorite hate reads on ResetEra is the Microsoft first party thread. Everyone who posts there talks like they're employed by Microsoft, it's all "MS should buy *insert studio here* because they make incredible experiences. *insert studios marquee franchise here* would work perfectly as GAAS and would add to MAU revenue" like lol who the fuck talks like that? I hope MS gets better at first party too but that doesn't mean I'mma ride brand dick with PR speak.

It's still tame compared to the Nintards on resetera. Nothing worst than them in the gaming community as a whole to be honest. I used to hate Sega fans, but Nintards cured me.

Speaking of that, I remember some members on resetera were really good at triggering and arguing with resetera Nintards, especially the dumbfucks in those media create threads. Can't remember the pseudo, but some of them were ace and it seems they stopped posting there now. The distinguished mentally-challenged fellows in those MC threads seem to have succeed to have their heads. I remember one member predicting 3 millions MHW sold in Japan, the Nintards dog pilled him, weeks later the fucker was spot-on and his prediction was deadly precise, it was some anime level shit. I remember he never failed to put it under their noses, it was pure gold ! I don't remember your pseudo lad, but I miss you.

Optimus

« Reply #24802 on: July 30, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
American "leftism" and games journalism ladies and gentlemen:

https://twitter.com/appabend/status/1023586099933765633

Let me repeat this

It’s really hard to get people who are making minimum wage and struggling financially to understand that they have structural privilege compared to other groups.

"Hello fellow American, academic pretentious bitch here, did you know that even though you live on food stamps to survive despite working a fucking mule you still have privilege? Please shut up and let me talk to you from my elitist position about how you lowly poors are the ones that are privileged."

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #24803 on: July 30, 2018, 09:16:45 AM »
I've pretty much trolled nintenyearolds on every forum i've ever been on, well except the bore, no one here is nuts enough for it to be fun.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #24804 on: July 30, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
Cause they don't want to sound like a gamefaqs/reddit plebe who just says "I want something to use on this fucking box other than Cuphead and like 50 Forza games a year". Or maybe that's just what I say.

thisismyusername

« Reply #24805 on: July 30, 2018, 09:30:43 AM »

Let me repeat this

It’s really hard to get people who are making minimum wage and struggling financially to understand that they have structural privilege compared to other groups.

"Hello fellow American, academic pretentious bitch here, did you know that even though you live on food stamps to survive despite working a fucking mule you still have privilege? Please shut up and let me talk to you from my elitist position about how you lowly poors are the ones that are privileged."

Holy shit. Now I want to read this article to laugh at it.

agrajag

« Reply #24806 on: July 30, 2018, 09:41:01 AM »
Yeah, it's hard to convince people who are struggling to make ends meet  that they are cishet scum and should be ashamed of their privilege, innit.

Optimus

« Reply #24807 on: July 30, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »

Holy shit. Now I want to read this article to laugh at it.

http://archive.is/Ch94E

It's an polygon "article" using quotes from SJW reeetards to explain why gamers are evil and have privilege and shit. Included in the mix is con expert Sarkeesian and the fired thundercunt that was celebrating TB's death.

thisismyusername

« Reply #24808 on: July 30, 2018, 09:46:10 AM »
Kate's bit is reasonable.

Anita Sarkeesian

AND WE HAVE A BINGO not even 20% of the way into the article. :doge

As an ironic bonus, I also realized I’m not straight or even all that male.

:thinking
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:53:08 AM by thisismyusername »

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #24809 on: July 30, 2018, 09:57:19 AM »
As an ironic bonus, I also realized I’m not straight or even all that male.
What did xhe mean by this?  :doge

Optimus

« Reply #24810 on: July 30, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »
Kate's take is delusional imo and ignores basic conclusions neuroscience and evolutionary biology reached many years ago. Men dominate STEM fields because they are interested in them and because they're more interested they're also usually better at them, women are more social and prefer different kinds of jobs. The Gender Equality Paradox ridiculed Scandinavian feminists years ago about this bullshit but they just keep coming back with the same dumb theories. It's as if this movement isn't rational anymore.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

thisismyusername

« Reply #24812 on: July 30, 2018, 10:13:23 AM »
Kate's take is delusional imo and ignores basic conclusions neuroscience and evolutionary biology reached many years ago. Men dominate STEM fields because they are interested in them and because they're more interested they're also usually better at them, women are more social and prefer different kinds of jobs. The Gender Equality Paradox ridiculed Scandinavian feminists years ago about this bullshit but they just keep coming back with the same dumb theories. It's as if this movement isn't rational anymore.

I disagree. Her first bit is pretty reasonable. But as you go along it's like "mmhmm, mmmhmm, wait... what?"

And then you hit the Tweet'ed bit and it's like "what the hell are you talking about?"

The full quoted bit:

Marginality comes in many forms, and economic marginality is one of them. This is something that we saw a lot with the U.S. election [in 2016].

Some people see programs like affirmative action and attempts to create gender parity, and they think that they are being unfairly excluded.

There’s an adage that says, when you’re used to privilege, equality feels like oppression. When you’re used to being able to do and say whatever you want, being criticized for saying racist or misogynist things comes as a shock. This is why you see all of this anger over so-called political correctness.

There’s a lot of anger amongst certain groups that people who they perceive to be inferior to them are telling them what to do and say. Because gaming and other spaces have been traditionally dominated by white men, the idea that they couldn’t behave as they normally did because outsiders were coming in caused a lot of anger.

Like "what the hell are you bringing this in as an example for your 'men online suck'" rant?

thisismyusername

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24814 on: July 30, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10902662/

:thinking

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10773594/

NOT TRUE!!1!1

Proper use of quotes and images in that thread:

Quote from: Morrigan
Quote from: Kylo Rey
Even a devloper from Bethesda said Resetera is hard place to be on a recent topic about this subject.
This is not true.

(Ironic that you'd complain about so-called falsehoods being peddled and then you throw this in there, though.)

Quote from: Skyrim (Game Developer)
That's a fair judgement. If they don't feel comfortable who am I to judge?

But from the other side here, I (and many others) think the moderation is way too harsh. There are often bans with no clear indication as to why, and often because they disagree with the established superstar posters. There's little room for discussion on many topics, so anyone who knows better just doesn't post.

I know many people, industry and otherwise, who refuse to post here because it's seen as a hostile and unwelcoming environment.

So now we have moderators straight-up lying.   :lol  Wow.
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24815 on: July 30, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »

Let me repeat this

This is definitely a hill good enough to die on.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #24816 on: July 30, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »
Quick, Morrigan, delete that Skyrim post!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24817 on: July 30, 2018, 10:29:35 AM »
Quick, Morrigan, delete that Skyrim post!!!

The amirox solution
:jared
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #24818 on: July 30, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
I can't tell if bill of rights post is a joke or not.

There will be actioning.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24819 on: July 30, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »

His bio says he's from Indonesia  :doge
🤴

« Reply #24820 on: July 30, 2018, 10:59:38 AM »
Well the heyday of developers posting on gaf was long gone by the time RE came about. So I’m not surprised they aren’t willing to post there when it’s even worse than gaf was at the end.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24821 on: July 30, 2018, 11:02:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-odyssey-has-an-alexios-problem-loomer.58290/

What's next? Is there going to be an option in TLoU2 that lets you decide whether Ellie is a lesbian woman or just an effininate-looking man?

Optimus

« Reply #24822 on: July 30, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »

His bio says he's from Indonesia  :doge

Imagine your opinion being so stupid and obnoxious that even non-white people from the other side of the world are pissed off by it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24823 on: July 30, 2018, 11:11:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-odyssey-has-an-alexios-problem-loomer.58290/

What's next? Is there going to be an option in TLoU2 that lets you decide whether Ellie is a lesbian woman or just an effininate-looking man?
You will have a decision tree.

- Name: Ellie / Elliot / Elliazia / StarTwinkle
- Biological gender: Male / Woman
- Skin color: 230 options
- Masculinity: 10 options
- Voice pitch: 10 options
- Political alignment: 10 options
- Depression level: 10 levels
- Open to: 238293 different fetishes and possible relationships

:goty2
🤴

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #24824 on: July 30, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

Only 834 gender options? That's still too little!!  :doge

I pray to Mother Gaia there's at least "water gender" on the list.  :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24825 on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eras-woman-problem-read-op.57534/page-39#post-10774110

Quote from: Skyrim
There's a protected class of users that post a lot and will drown out all dissent. Any form of arguing with them always leads to a ban.
Quote from: RedMercury
Could you please ask a moderator if this is the case? There are like 20 people on the staff, I'm sure if this is the case one of them will agree with you, otherwise it would be pretty ridiculous to believe that that many people have a list somewhere that they have all agreed to that protects certain users from moderator action at the expense of other users, and the entire staff agrees on everyone on that list. I guarantee that is not a thing.

"Please my dude... can you contact the moderators and narc on yourself for this shameful thought-crime?"

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #24826 on: July 30, 2018, 11:22:58 AM »

Why would they allow you to be anything but a left wing loony?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24827 on: July 30, 2018, 11:25:23 AM »

Only 834 gender options? That's still too little!!  :doge

I pray to Mother Gaia there's at least "water gender" on the list.  :doge

Cowabunga!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24828 on: July 30, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »

Why would they allow you to be anything but a left wing loony?
They don't, these are the 10 options:

- 1. Vegan Animal Activist
- 2. Classical French Socialist
- 3. Stalinist
- 4. Trotskyite
- 5. Marxist
- 6. Scandinavian Social Democrat
- 7. Militant Feminist
- 8. Regular communist
- 9. Che Guevara Shirt
- 10. BLM member
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24829 on: July 30, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »

Men:
"We're fine with a game with a female protagonist. We'd rather the game encompass a singular narritive vision instead of catering to us, because women's stories are under-represented in games and they deserve exposure"

Women:
"Shut up, the battle-lines have already been drawn. It's too late now."

...and don't say "female". You wouldn't say "male protagonist"
[close]

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #24830 on: July 30, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »

Men:
"We're fine with a game with a female protagonist. We'd rather the game encompass a singular narritive vision instead of catering to us, because women's stories are under-represented in games and they deserve exposure"

“Male Feminists”:

[close]
Fixed for accuracy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:45:23 AM by Atramental »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #24831 on: July 30, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »

Men:

Women:

[close]

The Vita was truly leading the way on female representation in videogames. Maybe one day the rest of the industry will catch up to the most progressive console of all-time.

©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24832 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »

Men:

Women:

[close]
I like how some classic GAF members just walk in there to say: "THIS IS CORRECT"
one doing so quite literally without adding anything to the discussion. Just to show their virtue signaling e-penis is still pointing in the right direction.
 :neogaf
🤴

jorma

« Reply #24833 on: July 30, 2018, 11:47:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eras-woman-problem-read-op.57534/page-39#post-10774110

There's a protected class of users that post a lot and will drown out all dissent. Any form of arguing with them always leads to a ban.
Could you please ask a moderator if this is the case? There are like 20 people on the staff, I'm sure if this is the case one of them will agree with you, otherwise it would be pretty ridiculous to believe that that many people have a list somewhere that they have all agreed to that protects certain users from moderator action at the expense of other users, and the entire staff agrees on everyone on that list. I guarantee that is not a thing.

"Please my dude... can you contact the moderators and narc on yourself for this shameful thought-crime?"

The irony of course being that he would have had his account nuked into Oblivion for those posts had he not been a erafied developer.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #24834 on: July 30, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »
"You see it's a remake of the film 'Seven Samurai' but with white actors. And they're gonna be Cowboys. Since the original was widely accepted as a masterpiece, surely mine will too, especially as it now has white actors"

Optimus

« Reply #24835 on: July 30, 2018, 11:49:44 AM »

Men:

“Male Feminists”:
"Shut up, the battle-lines have already been drawn. It's too late now. Anyway, please finish your drink, What, it tastes funny and you're feeling really sleepy? Let me take you to my house."

Fixed for accuracy.

Double fixed.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24836 on: July 30, 2018, 11:50:28 AM »

The irony of course being that he would have had his account nuked into Oblivion for those posts had he not been a erafied developer.
I'm expecting they will start to contact his employer soon for some IRL actioning.
It seems incredibly stupid to have your dev credentials verified by the leaders of a cult.  :doge
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

Optimus

« Reply #24838 on: July 30, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »

I'm expecting they will start to contact his employer soon for some IRL actioning.
It seems incredibly stupid to have your dev credentials verified by the leaders of a cult.  :doge

Who is that guy here that pretty much gave these lunatics his identity info? It was so frustrating to me watching him be non-chalant about these fuckers contacting his employer. I just don't get it.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #24839 on: July 30, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »

Men:

Women:

[close]

The Vita was truly leading the way on female representation in videogames. Maybe one day the rest of the industry will catch up to the most progressive console of all-time.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's the Vita version i own

:salute