Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188641 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Oscar-sama's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #3420 on: March 10, 2013, 07:04:03 AM »
Horrible :(

archie4208

« Reply #3421 on: March 10, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »
MP3 keys are out of stock on Steam, so it probably sold a few thousand copies this weekend. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3422 on: March 10, 2013, 09:42:48 AM »
MP3 keys are out of stock on Steam, so it probably sold a few thousand copies this weekend. 
Max Payne 3 was also part of The Mother of All Xbox Sales, with a US$14.99 sales price. I imagine a number of people picked it up at that price, though I think it is over 7GB, so that might have hampered sales in the 20GB and 60GB tier crowd. Bang, bang, though: I got mine.

Momentum.

The more Rockstar IPs unworthy of further sequels the closer we are to Bully II kinda sorta maybe? Fuckin' make Bully II already, assholes. :gun
:dap

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3423 on: March 10, 2013, 10:27:56 AM »
Max Payne 3 was also part of The Mother of All Xbox Sales, with a US$14.99 sales price. I imagine a number of people picked it up at that price, though I think it is over 7GB, so that might have hampered sales in the 20GB and 60GB tier crowd. Bang, bang, though: I got mine.

I got for like $10 from UK marketplace.In some EU countries it went as low as 150 points.

Game is 7.7GB but after certain chapter you need to download like 4GB.
cat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #3424 on: March 10, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
there are some design choices in Max Payne 3 that need to be punished and squashed out immediately.   

We're already seeing "huge narrative-related phrases on walls" in other games (DMC) and that's probably the gaudiest, head-hammering shit ever. 

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3425 on: March 10, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »
It really doesnt bother me, chapter 13/14 now :)

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3426 on: March 10, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
Michael Pachter next gen predictions

I guess xbawks is doomed now.Not sure why he puts  Gaikai as Sony advantage,MS will have its own cloud shit.

PC gaming returns :bow2
cat

archnemesis

« Reply #3427 on: March 10, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
You believe Microsoft will offer a cloud-streamed game service?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3428 on: March 10, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
Yes of course.

It was even in that leaked document.

Two months old quote
The future of the Xbox brand is "cloud centric" rather than "device centric", according to Phil Harrison, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business.

"Increasingly, the games are going to sit on the cloud," Harrison said. "Instead of being device centric, they will be cloud centric.

"This vision is what influenced me to join Microsoft in the first place," he added.
cat

archnemesis

« Reply #3429 on: March 10, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »
I'm guessing that is more in line with always online DRM and server side processing rather than streaming the full game. Like SimCity 5.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3430 on: March 10, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »
Kind of a shame about Xbox going cloud centric because nobody gives a fuck about Microsoft devices outside of the Xbox.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/microsoftpri0/2013/02/06/comscore-despite-windows-phone-8-microsofts-u-s-smartphone-share-continues-decline/
🍆🍆

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3431 on: March 10, 2013, 04:08:42 PM »
Make Xbox phone,might be interested then.

I'm guessing that is more in line with always online DRM and server side processing rather than streaming the full game. Like SimCity 5.

This is from the leaked document.I think it pretty clearly describes things.

cat

archnemesis

« Reply #3432 on: March 10, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
Yep, that's probably exactly what they did with Skulls of the Shogun. You have your save game in the cloud and you can use it from any Windows 8 platform. The game is running on the device and not from the cloud. At this point I'm almost certain that the Nextbox will be called Xbox 8 and have cross-platform apps with Windows Phone 8, Windows (Desktop) 8 and their Surface tablets.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3433 on: March 10, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Windows phone is a dead platform so far, not much leverage from that.

MS should make XBL apps for android and ios.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3434 on: March 10, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »
Um,I will eat my hat if MS doesn't have game streaming service up and ready in next year or two.Console wars are all about checking boxes,no way that MS lets cloud streaming box unchecked.Rango is even rumored to be some kind of streaming box that will feed every screen you have.
cat

archnemesis

« Reply #3435 on: March 10, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »
It depends on their objective. If they want to push Windows 8 then it might be good to have a unified cross-platform solution. Getting 30% from all app purchases is probably more worth than selling a few thousand copies extra of XBL apps.

archnemesis

« Reply #3436 on: March 10, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »
Um,I will eat my hat if MS doesn't have game streaming service up and ready in next year or two.Console wars are all about checking boxes,no way that MS lets cloud streaming box unchecked.Rango is even rumored to be some kind of streaming box that will feed every screen you have.
Developing a streaming platform takes time. They have all the components at their disposal, but putting everything together isn't easy. If they wanted feature parity then they should have bought OnLive when Sony bought Gaikai.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3437 on: March 10, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »
I think they hired some OnLive people.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3438 on: March 10, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
Totally the same as taking the company over.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3439 on: March 10, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
Not sure what are we arguing here about.MS not having some cloud streaming shit in the pocket sounds like science fiction to me but whatever we'll see what Rango brings.
cat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3440 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »
Microsoft will definitely have some cloud streaming service.  Having it on things that people actually want to buy is the biggest problem for Microsoft at the moment.  Moving from devices to cloud will almost definitely kill the Xbox brand if their current marketshare is any indicator.
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3441 on: March 11, 2013, 04:19:43 AM »
there are some design choices in Max Payne 3 that need to be punished and squashed out immediately.   

We're already seeing "huge narrative-related phrases on walls" in other games (DMC) and that's probably the gaudiest, head-hammering shit ever.

Didn't that start in Splinter Cell?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3442 on: March 11, 2013, 07:14:04 AM »
I have no problem with those things,replayed the game twice already but,

Max Payne 3 has the same problem like Halo 4,devs kinda went overboard with encounter rate.Max Payne 3 has all those clues but they serve no purpose because game just throws tons of enemies at you.Room after room,area after area---you have just one goal,obliterate everything.There is no like uh tons of guys in this room maybe I should try some alternate approach.I doesn't help that enemies have psychic powers and spot you instantly after you pop from cover.

My favorite part is when you get a silencer but you apparently can't make silent killing.There are two instances in the game like that so if somebody managed not to alert others,please let me know.
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3443 on: March 11, 2013, 07:35:49 AM »
Time for UK sales data

Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics’ reboot of ‘Tomb Raider’ (360/PS3/PC) sees the title debuting at No1 as the biggest launch of the year so far, comfortably outselling previous best this year ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ by more than double the week 1 sell-through (in week 7, 2013).

‘Tomb Raider’ week 1 All Format sales set a new record for the franchise, with the previous best actually set by Crystal Dynamics’ first game in this series, ‘Tomb Raider: Legend’ from 2006 with around half the sales shown here. This is the 10th Tomb Raider game in the series (original Tomb Raider launched in 1996, week 43 on Sega’s Saturn, week 47 on Sony’s PS1) and is the first version to launch as an ‘Event’ title (Tuesday 5th March, 2013).
Both the 360 and PS3 versions of ‘Tomb Raider’ set new week 1 records as the fastest selling individual formats of any Tomb Raider release so far, a record previously held by ‘Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness’ on PS2 way back in week 27, 2003.
Debuting strongly at No2 is EA’s ‘SimCity’ for PC, the sixth game in the series which dates back to 1989 and which was last seen as a new release back in week 46, 2007 with the fifth instalment, ‘Sim City Societies’. Namco Bandai debut at No3 with 360/PS3 ‘Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3’ and EA bring up the last of the new entries at No4 with ‘The Sims 3: University Life’, the ninth expansion pack for ‘The Sims 3’. EA’s ‘FIFA 13’ drops 3 places to No5 (-32%) and last week’s No1, EA’s ‘Crysis 3’ is forced down to No6 (-55%).

cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3444 on: March 11, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »
Watch Square piss the money away on making a new Final Shitfest for 6 years.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3445 on: March 11, 2013, 08:32:53 AM »
Does that really cover 6 years of development time and disasters like FFXIV?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3446 on: March 11, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
FF is not going anywhere anytime soon--it sells,JRPGs are pretty rare these days in the West and FF has a name that people recognize
I bet that pretty much everyone on Bore will play FF15 or whatever Versus will be renamed to.

Anyway UK charts are up

Individual chart
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Guardian top 20 split
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/mar/11/top-20-video-games

Interesting thing

Tomb Raider
Xbox 360 (50)
PS3 (42)
PC (3)

PC version is at number 5(individual format),games bellow must be selling like shit.   
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3447 on: March 11, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »
Daaayyuuum. Funny to see Uncharted Tomb Raider doing better then Tomb Raider Uncharted

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Oscar-sama's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #3448 on: March 11, 2013, 10:07:35 AM »
That pc percentage only covers boxed retail sales right?
dur

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3449 on: March 11, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
That pc percentage only covers boxed retail sales right?
Yes.
cat

archie4208

« Reply #3450 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »
TR broke about 29k peak concurrent on Steam, so it probably did fairly well on PC.  Most new single player focused games usually do about 5-10k CCU.

The main outlier is Skyrim which had about 280k concurrent at launch.

Kim Kardashians Butt

« Reply #3451 on: March 11, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
One clarification needs to be made and that is the distinction that all Rockstar Games current Gen efforts - GTAIV base game and RDR notwithstanding - have underperformed and undelivered. Even the GTAIV dlc episodes were received in a tepid and lukewarm manner. Rockstar is more than willing to take on risks but this makes them somewhat vulnerable because of the high marketing and production values of their software roll out. Rockstar really could use a hit that is not tied to the GTA or Red Dead name.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3452 on: March 11, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »
Cute!
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3453 on: March 11, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »
Ban plz demi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3454 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
Who is Kim Kardashians Butt?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #3455 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
i don't get it
sup

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3456 on: March 11, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
Himuro?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #3457 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »
oh well, doesn't matter, i don't keep up with this kind of stuff anyway
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3458 on: March 11, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
It's really obvious who it is, I just don't know if we're supposed to acknowledge it or not

I respect users' privacy.

Doesnt mean you have to. ;)
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3459 on: March 11, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »
Must be Andrex then.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #3460 on: March 11, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »
Himuro post pics after you do the hormone thing for a few months two years. 
sad

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3461 on: March 11, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
even i know who it is u heathens
USA

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3462 on: March 12, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »
I saw this few days ago but was to lazy to pull out some quotes.Someobody from gaf did,so

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bh15kg/pach-attack------the-hardware-business-makes-no-sense-for-nintendo--

Do you ever see Nintendo having to leave the hardware business like Sega?

Having to? "No never"
Wanting to? "not while their biggest share holder is Yamauchi and not while Iwata is CEO. They are deeply rooted in tradition in what made Nintendo great and the formula for Nintendo success has been manufacture a console and sell it at a profit."

"I think that model is broken for Nintendo and I think they are no longer able to compete the way they did in the past and sell their consoles at a large profit. 3DS is barely making a profit and WiiU is barely making a profit. Maybe $5-$10. Nintendo's hardware profits are so low it really doesn't make sense for them."

"....I think Mr. Iwata is a pretty poor CEO and has done a poor job of running the company."

"...I think if Nintendo went the Sega route they would be immensely more profitable, but it's not in their DNA."

"...I think that if Yamauchi and Iwata are no longer there, then maybe [they leave the console business]."

I'm 50:50 on this.

I understand were Pachter is coming from--if Nintendo future is thin hardware profit margins and irrelevancy to third party developers then going third party makes sense.On the other had Nintendo would lose control over their marketplace.Going third party would have its benefits though,I bet MS would lick Nintendo boots just to get something like Mario Kart.

I agree with the last quote,no chance as long as Yamauchi is there.

There is one other solution,few people mentioned it here/around the internet.Make just one device,some kind of cheap handheld that can connect seamlessly to TV.I think Nintendo is big enough to fully support one device.
cat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3463 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »
I could definitely see Wii U being their last console.  Nintendo clearly doesn't feel like competing against Sony and Microsoft yet probably can't think of a good enough gimmick to try to overcome the power gap.  Instead I could see that the 4DS can plug into the TV instead.  Then Nintendo can treat that as both the next handheld and next console for them.  However, I don't see any real benefit for Nintendo to make Durango and PS4 games.

Porting some of their NES games to iOS and Android would probably be a pretty good source of revenue for them as well.  I'm sure Super Mario Bros. would sell millions of copies if not tens of millions.
🍆🍆

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3464 on: March 12, 2013, 07:22:03 AM »
Competing with the likes of Sony is the road to doom,imo.It would just blow up Nintendo game budgets like crazy,pushing software profit margins into oblivion.Some cheap handheld/console hybrid device could keep budgets under control.
cat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #3465 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:03 AM »
even i know who it is u heathens

So it's Wilco?
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3466 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:51 AM »
WHO IS IT PM PLZ

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3467 on: March 12, 2013, 07:34:09 AM »
WHO IS IT?  :mouf

Fifstar

« Reply #3468 on: March 12, 2013, 07:47:41 AM »
The problem with the Handheld/Console Hybrid imo is that Nintendo couldn't do as many versions of their franchises as they can now. Something like Mario Kart or the New Mario Bros game come out once per generation each for the console and the handheld. They would loose their long term sales if they would just do 2 iterations per Hybrid cycle and probably wear those franchises even thinner then they do now. Of course they could instead use their teams to develop just one Mario Kart per generation and let them do another game instead of the second but how likely is it that those would sell anywhere near the numbers of the heavy hitters?

Of course, the market for a purely Nintendo console might disappear in the future, but for now I feel Nintendo can make enough money by selling their big franchises a second time on a console, even if the console might only sell 20 - 30 million units. It all comes down to how much R&D Nintendo has to spent on the development of the console and what amount of the console they can sell without a loss.
Gulp

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3469 on: March 12, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »
Leave the butt alone.

Sales data,UK 2012
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/call-of-duty-beats-batman-as-the-uk-s-no-1-entertainment-blockbuster/0112263
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Activision Blizzard –––– 2,672,364
2. FIFA 13, Electronic Arts –––– 2,601,877
3. The Dark Knight Rises, Warner Home Video –––– 1,694,434
4. The Twilight Saga – Breaking Dawn – Part 1, Entertainment One –––– 1,515,604
5. Our Version of Events (Emeli Sande), Universal Music –––– 1,446,844
6. Now That's What I Call Music 83 (Various Artists), EMI Music/Universal Music –––– 1,389,006
7. Avengers Assemble, Walt Disney Studios ––– 1,349,937
8. TED, Universal Pictures –––– 1,188,295
9. War Horse, Walt Disney Studios –––– 986,870
10. The Hunger Games, Elevation Sales –––– 946,592
11. Mrs Brown's Boys – Series One, Universal Pictures ––– 913,145
12. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, 20th Century Fox ––– 888,629
13. Assassin's Creed III, Ubisoft ––– 886,198
14. Now That's What I Call Music 82 (Various Artists), EMI Music/Universal Music ––– 866,031
15. Prometheus, 20th Century Fox ––– 853,079
16. Ice Age 4 – Continental Drift, 20th Century Fox ––– 819,009
17. 21 (Adele), XL Beggars ––– 816,317
18. Sherlock Holmes – A Game of Shadows, Warner Home Video ––– 816,126
19. + (Ed Sheeran), Warner Music ––– 811,038
20. Now That's What I Call Music 81 (Various Artists), EMI Music/Universal Music ––– 756,035
21. Halo 4, Microsoft ––– 753,489
22. Born To Die (Lana del Rey), Universal Music ––– 743,210
23. Brave, Walt Disney Studios ––– 743,021
24. Bridesmaids, Universal Pictures ––– 710,185
25. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Elevation Sales ––– 707,875
26. Johnny English Reborn, Universal Pictures –––– 694,651
27. Mrs Brown's Boys – Series Two, Universal Pictures –––– 670,956
28. The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony Pictures –––– 656,620
29. The Woman In Black, Momentum Pictures –––– 654,589
30. Take Me Home One Direction, Sony Music ––– 643,433
31. Right Place Right Time, Olly Murs ––– Sony Music 597,370
32. The Adventures of TinTin – The Secrets Of, Paramount –––– 597,282
33. Babel Mumford & Sons, Universal Music –––– 592,173
34. Mrs Brown's Live Tour – Good Mourning, Universal Pictures ––– 585,925
35. Michael McIntyre Showtime, Universal Pictures –––– 579,011
36. Hitman Absolution, Square Enix –––– 571,248
37. Just Dance 4, Ubisoft –––– 562,453
38. Despicable Me, Universal Pictures –––– 549,111
39. Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Paramount –––– 545,502
40. Far Cry 3, Ubisoft -––– 540,237

For comparison
Call of Duty: Black Ops [Activision Blizzard] – 3,266,298
FIFA 11 [Electronic Arts] – 2,390,231
Just Dance [Ubisoft] – 1,305,338
Red Dead Redemption [Take-Two] – 1,135,559
Wii Fit Plus [Nintendo] – 920,811
Just Dance 2 [Ubisoft ] – 903,866
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood [Ubisoft] – 880,755
Wii Sports Resort [Nintendo] – 818,554
Halo: Reach [Microsoft] – 781,331

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 [Activision Blizzard] - 2,814,609
FIFA 12 [Electronic Arts] - 2,193,302
Battlefield 3 [Electronic Arts] - 1,186,895
Zumba Fitness [Majesco Entertainment] - 1,077,508
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Bethesda Softworks] - 1,024,228
Just Dance 3 [Ubisoft] - 820,333
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations [Ubisoft] - 732,566

Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Activision Blizzard] – 2,672,364
FIFA 13 [Electronic Arts] – 2,601,877
Assassin's Creed III [Ubisoft] – 886,198
Halo 4 [Microsoft] – 753,489
Hitman Absolution [Square Enix] – 571,248
Just Dance 4 [Ubisoft] – 562,453
Far Cry 3 [Ubisoft] – 540,237
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:00:30 AM by maxy »
cat

archie4208

« Reply #3470 on: March 12, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
Just Dance is going down the same path as every other popular rhythm game.  RIP in peace.  :'(

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3471 on: March 12, 2013, 08:07:08 AM »
Quite a drop for Black Ops.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3472 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »
If anyone could do it, it's Nintendo.

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #3473 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:49 AM »
The rationale for people stating Nintendo 'should' go third party always stinks of people who would suddenly like their games again in a hypothetical scenario.  Nintendo would benefit from behaving like they acknowledge their competitors and doing some semi-aggressive counter programming in software and hardware (inhouse and moneyhats) first and foremost.  There was really no equivalent in the West quite like getting Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest on their platforms in Japan.
sad

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3474 on: March 12, 2013, 08:54:09 AM »
The rationale for people stating Nintendo 'should' go third party always stinks of people who would suddenly like their games again in a hypothetical scenario.  Nintendo would benefit from behaving like they acknowledge their competitors and doing some semi-aggressive counter programming in software and hardware (inhouse and moneyhats) first and foremost.  There was really no equivalent in the West quite like getting Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest on their platforms in Japan.

I still wouldn't play them. But mom and dad would still pickup Mario if it was on Playstation.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #3475 on: March 12, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
The problem with the Handheld/Console Hybrid imo is that Nintendo couldn't do as many versions of their franchises as they can now. Something like Mario Kart or the New Mario Bros game come out once per generation each for the console and the handheld. They would loose their long term sales if they would just do 2 iterations per Hybrid cycle and probably wear those franchises even thinner then they do now. Of course they could instead use their teams to develop just one Mario Kart per generation and let them do another game instead of the second but how likely is it that those would sell anywhere near the numbers of the heavy hitters?

Of course, the market for a purely Nintendo console might disappear in the future, but for now I feel Nintendo can make enough money by selling their big franchises a second time on a console, even if the console might only sell 20 - 30 million units. It all comes down to how much R&D Nintendo has to spent on the development of the console and what amount of the console they can sell without a loss.

Yeah,they would certainly lose that ability but on the other hand if they are too stretched between two devices...
WiiU is certainly suffering because first party software is not ready and third party is either not there or not selling.

One thing is for sure,Nintendo is not forced to do anything radical like Sega was.They have plenty of money in the bank and I'm sure WiiU will give them nice profit.But there is a big difference between 30 million and 100 million consoles sold.
cat

hampster

« Reply #3476 on: March 12, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
I don't get why Pachter is so high on Sony and Microsoft. He has them selling more units this generation than last gen in that SXSW presentation. That seems pretty optimistic to me.

If Nintendo changed leadership/shareholders and went 3rd party they would rake in the money for a year or two but would be in sega's shoes in no time. They don't have the creativity to keep up in this hit driven business and their current setup lets them cultivate the franchises they do have. I just don't buy Nintendo as a 3rd party could keep pokemon/mario going for decades like they do now
Zzz

archnemesis

« Reply #3477 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »
I don't get why Pachter is so high on Sony and Microsoft. He has them selling more units this generation than last gen in that SXSW presentation. That seems pretty optimistic to me.
I share his prediction. The total market is still growing and if people aren't buying dedicated handhelds or the Wii U then there is plenty of room for the other two home consoles. People aren't going to play Madden or Call of Duty on their tablets.

archnemesis

« Reply #3478 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
You don't think the next generation is going to last as long as this one? The new systems might sell at a slower pace, but I wouldn't be surprised if the LTD ends up higher than the current gen.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:16:46 AM by archnemesis »

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #3479 on: March 12, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »
Its important in these assessments to put your own projections and bias aside and look at things from a pragmatic point of view.  Especially when you're arguing with Oscar, who spergs on raw data and knows whats up.

If I can accept Nintendo is royally fucked atm I'm sure others around here can make some concessions within their world-wishing.
sad