Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188584 times)

Bebpo

Re: Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #4140 on: May 20, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
Purely anecdotal, but everyone I talk to IRL has no interest in a 3ds/vita/whatever. 

But if they had a PS3, they plan to get a PS4
If they had an Xbox360, they plan to get a Nextbox360

If they had a Wii, ...well most of them didn't actually like core games in the first place and just picked it up for something to mess around with for a month for social gatherings & smash bros.  So they've moved on to phone gaming or browser gaming, or non-gaming and such.

I think Sony/MS will do fine as long as the entry prices aren't ridiculous.  Most people satisfied with their X360/PS3 are probably gonna upgrade since it's been forever and all the new hot games will be on the sequel systems.

There's still a market for having a "video game system" at home, to play all the big AAA games on once in a while.  Unless those millions of copies of AC/CoD/etc... are lying.

« Reply #4141 on: May 20, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »
I'm leaning about 75% toward a PS4 due to the Japan-centric titles (Gundam, SRW, mecha, Final Fantasy, JRPGs, etc.) that will probably be there. If they announce region-free capabilities, I'm 100% in. I just don't see Microsoft going after the Japanese developers that cater to my tastes like they did with the 360. Definitely not buying on day one, though. Probably won't pick one up until sometime in 2014.

And handhelds still do nothing for me anymore.
野球

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4142 on: May 20, 2013, 07:36:08 PM »
yeah, I'll probably get a PS4 because of J-devs and because SCEA 1st party > MS 1st party in my book

but barring a MEGATON announce I don't see myself dying to get a Nextbox
乱学者

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4143 on: May 20, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »
if someone can make a smartphone multiplayer action game that doesnt suck and appeals to dudes desires to kill foreigners, thats a wrap for consoles
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4144 on: May 21, 2013, 08:33:57 AM »
Theres plenty of those BUT touch controls SO you still need a pc/console to kill foreigners enemy combatants

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4145 on: May 21, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
the game should allow you to select which foreigners enemy combatant army you want to kill and have many to choose from-- the asian army, the african army, the arab army, etc.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4146 on: May 21, 2013, 09:36:20 AM »
the game should allow you to select which foreigners enemy combatant army you want to kill and have many to choose from-- the asian army, the african army, the arab army, etc.

Gay army, Mexican army, UN army, etc.
©@©™

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4147 on: May 21, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »

Gay army, Mexican army, UN army, etc.

definitely, fit every country in there

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4148 on: May 21, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »
Also allow for customisation of the enemy so if they miss someone you can stick their face on a model

Community levels etc.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #4149 on: May 21, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
The Xbox reveal was so awful that i'm going to double down on the XONE selling really well

Also- given Acti really knows their audience - i am prepared to bet that an upcoming COD game has a sequence where you have to assassinate the president but it'll be for some "good reason" like , oh i dunno, he was secretly some terrorist or had commited treason... you know... all fiction and definitely not playing to fanbase fantasies.
O=X

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4150 on: May 21, 2013, 02:53:14 PM »
i can't tell if bros will like it or if it will be too complicated for them.  but they definitely want bros pretty hard

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4151 on: May 21, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
You will have to kill the president cause he is actually not from the US  :o

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and he is a black muslim gay man
[close]

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4152 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
that'll teach the bastard to try to implement nationalized health care

you shoot him in the head and then bad ass dude says "where's your commie doctor now, ya arab taco?"

Bebpo

« Reply #4153 on: May 29, 2013, 03:10:45 PM »
SMTIV opened higher (180k) than SMTIII (150k) and double what Strange Journey (90k) did.  Just a bit behind P4 (210k) in terms of modern megaten sales.

Good for series/developers.  Unfortunately I bet it was the generic animu art that did it (like how Fire Emblem was saved by anime art in the recent game).  So I'm pretty sure Kaneko SMT art is dead and after Devil Survivor 2, SMTIV, and probably P5 being more anime than P4 already was, we're going in a single megaten direction and it's filled to the brim with  :uguu

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4154 on: May 29, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »
Shin M~uguu~mi Teensei
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #4155 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
SMTIV opened higher (180k) than SMTIII (150k) and double what Strange Journey (90k) did.  Just a bit behind P4 (210k) in terms of modern megaten sales.

Good for series/developers.  Unfortunately I bet it was the generic animu art that did it (like how Fire Emblem was saved by anime art in the recent game).  So I'm pretty sure Kaneko SMT art is dead and after Devil Survivor 2, SMTIV, and probably P5 being more anime than P4 already was, we're going in a single megaten direction and it's filled to the brim with  :uguu

Someone get me a gun so I can eat a lead salad.
IYKYK

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4156 on: May 29, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »

Wanna have a suicide party?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4157 on: May 29, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »

Wanna have a suicide party?

dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4158 on: May 29, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »
It's better to burn out than to fade away

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4159 on: May 29, 2013, 08:09:08 PM »
The sub model is dead.  The only games that can survive on subs are World of Warcraft and very niche stuff like EVE Online.  SE is going to have a rude awakening when FF14 relaunches.

...and then blame the lack of profit on all the non-Japanese studios.

archie4208

« Reply #4160 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
I saw pics Luci.

I was sad. 

I'm sure the gameplay is still great, but ughhhhhhh.

Bebpo

« Reply #4161 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:54 AM »

Ehn, the game is still excellent.  I'm not happy Kaneko is probably done, but excellent SMT games with different art are still excellent SMT games.

I agree, buuuuuut I do enjoy it slightly (just slightly) less because the character art is pretty damn awful for megaten.  Devil Survivor's manga-ish art doesn't bother me, nor does the great anime style Soejima art in the modern Persona games, but this guy they got feels amateurish and looks kind of generic anime.  Even Fire Emblem had better anime-style art. 

I kind of hope even if Kaneko art is gone, they at least give the next SMT to a different artist. 

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4162 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »
Software

1. Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, NWU)**
 2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, NWU)**
 3. Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS, WII)
 4. Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)**
 5. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
 6. Metro: Last Light (360, PS3, PC)
 7. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, WII, NWU, PSP, PC)**
 8. Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)**
 9. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)**
 10. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, WII, NDS, PS3, 3DS, NWU, PSV, PC)

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Wow dead thread.

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 4m
 #NPD Report Card: In May, #Xbox360 sold 114,00 units in the US.

did it win overall since larry didn't mention their streak.

if it did then that's fucking horrible for the top selling machine this month  :-X

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4163 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »
Seems like last months

This gen is dead

Ps3 beating 360 :rock

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4164 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »
Where are the weeeeoooooooooooo hardware numbers
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #4165 on: June 17, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »
Pretty good sales for a product for people without internet

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4166 on: June 17, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »
it was

In May, Xbox 360 sold 114,000 units, more than any other console in the U.S. May marked the 29th consecutive month that Xbox 360 was the best-selling console in the U.S.

May 2013 NPD highlights:
 · Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in May (hardware, software and accessories) reached $149.8 million, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, May2013)
 · During the month of May, Xbox 360 held seven of the top 10 console game titles including: “Dead Island: Riptide,” “Injustice: Gods Among Us,” “Metro: Last Light,” NBA 2K13,” Call of Duty: Black Ops II,” “BioShock Infinite” and “Halo 4.” (Source: NPD Group, May2013)

On May 21, Microsoft introduced the world to Xbox One. Last week at E3, Xbox One showcased a new generation of gaming with exclusive titles like “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Ryse: Son of Rome,” “Killer Instinct,” “Dead Rising 3” and more. In addition, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Yusuf Mehdi, introduced the new Xbox 360 on the Xbox stage, which sports a sleek and stylish design that aligns with the new Xbox One family and will continue to drive Xbox 360 sales.

The E3 Xbox briefing drove consumer excitement for Xbox One, which has seen impressive pre-order sales; Amazon sold through most of their day one inventory in the first four hours of availability. To reserve your Xbox One system today, and for the full list of launch countries and prices, visit http://www.xbox.com for participating retailers.

We look forward to sharing further details on Xbox One in the coming months. Please check out Xbox Wire for the latest Xbox One and Xbox 360 news.

:-X

Wii U  :o :o

Vita  :o :o

Purple Filth

« Reply #4167 on: June 17, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
FUSE missing on that fucking list  :lol

You guys forgot the best news.  These are the lowest software sales in 13 years.

Next gen save us  :P

Anything you can share?

Purple Filth

« Reply #4168 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:30 PM »
Fuse probably missed Top Hundred :rofl

Quote from: Purple Filth
Anything you can share?

It's on Patcher's twitter.

Pacther posted WiiU and Vita "numbers"?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4169 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »
You guys forgot the best news.  These are the lowest software sales in 13 years.

yar

Purple Filth

« Reply #4170 on: June 17, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »

Anything you can share?

Reggie should be picking up a newspaper to look for a new job.

Along with everyone else in the industry, haw haw

Have some faith Oscar, have some faith.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #4171 on: June 17, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »

Anything you can share?

Low current gen sales are just further signs that consumers are ready for the next-gen experience that only the X-Box Onetm can offer. 
vin

Purple Filth

« Reply #4172 on: June 17, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »

Have some faith Oscar, have some faith.

Oh don't worry, I do

but in which direction though  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4173 on: June 17, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »

Anything you can share?

Low current gen sales are just further signs that consumers are ready for the next-gen experience that only the X-Box Onetm can offer.

...maxy?
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #4174 on: June 17, 2013, 06:59:41 PM »
Not Maxy, just a regular consumer excited for the exclusives like Fantasia, Killer Instinct, Call of Duty and Halo on the X-Box Onetm
vin

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4175 on: June 17, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »

Get ready for dat Kickstarter/Indie/Euro-Jank/Steam/OUYA future, guys. :jawalrus
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4176 on: June 17, 2013, 07:03:30 PM »
Not Maxy, just a regular consumer excited for the exclusives like Fantasia, Killer Instinct, Call of Duty and Halo on the X-Box Onetm

:what
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #4177 on: June 17, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »

:what
:jawalrus
vin

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4178 on: June 17, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »

乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4179 on: June 17, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
My thoughts on the coming generational shift:

乱学者

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4180 on: June 17, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »

Get ready for dat Kickstarter/Indie/Euro-Jank/Steam/OUYA future, guys. :jawalrus

:dead

Tasty

« Reply #4181 on: June 17, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
DKCR 3D owning faces.

Luigi's Mansion still owning faces 2 months after release.

Both probably sold at least 20-30% of their LTD on eShop, too.

:bow All digital, no sales number future :bow2

Tasty

« Reply #4182 on: June 17, 2013, 07:36:46 PM »
Nintendo’s 3DS edged out the 360 as the top selling platform across hardware and portables.

:rock All 3DS future :rock

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4183 on: June 17, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

Ehn, the game is still excellent.  I'm not happy Kaneko is probably done, but excellent SMT games with different art are still excellent SMT games.

Remind me what all art Kaneko has done: Persona 1-2 (which wasn't that bad) and... ? Trauma Center? Or am I thinking of someone else? I know the original Trauma Center artist (not the Wii remake) started into Persona 3 or 4's art.

FUSE bombing is glorious but was known ever since they announced they were focus testing and changing the art style to be based on what 12-year olds wanted since they thought it was something their 8 year old brothers would play before that point.

Tasty

« Reply #4184 on: June 17, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »
I also think it's likely 3DS will take June and Animal Crossing will take #1. Tons of people I know are crazy for it (and not just here.)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4185 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »
I'm okay with the game industry cratering, it gives me time to catch up on all those sweet sweet 16-bit JRPGs I missed out on the first time.
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4186 on: June 17, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »

:dead

:lol
dog

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #4187 on: June 17, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
Nintendo’s 3DS edged out the 360 as the top selling platform across hardware and portables.

116k 2 years after launch

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4188 on: June 17, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »

just hitting it's stride
dur

Tasty

« Reply #4189 on: June 17, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »

"First time 3DS was #1 for the month." -Nintendo PR

Dat spin.  :miyamoto

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #4190 on: June 17, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
Apparently 3DS only did 113k last year so I guess this is a rebound

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4191 on: June 17, 2013, 08:33:02 PM »
this reminds me, how many people will still have 360s & ps3s by the time bioshock dlc is released for those season passes?  do they give refunds if nothing is released? cant imagine there's too many happy people at 2k nowadays  :lol
pcp

Himu

« Reply #4192 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »

:rock :rock
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #4193 on: June 17, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »
Apparently 3DS only did 113k last year so I guess this is a rebound

"Double digit YoY increase" /PR spin
Unzip

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4194 on: June 17, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »
this reminds me, how many people will still have 360s & ps3s by the time bioshock dlc is released for those season passes?  do they give refunds if nothing is released? cant imagine there's too many happy people at 2k nowadays  :lol

They'll release something, just to say they did, and you won't get jack back. See: Aliens: Colonial Marines.
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #4195 on: June 17, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
Honestly, Season Passes that aren't from EA are scams at this point. Uncharted 3's was  :lol and the GAF hissy-fit was hilarious over that. (So glad I didn't buy into that thanks to them fucking up Uncharted 2's multiplayer six months in)

Though I guess I can kinda give Ubisoft a pass since they released their Ass Creed 3 stuff "on-time" like they did the previous outings but the price-saving wasn't really worth it.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4196 on: June 17, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »
:wag

Borderlands 2 Season Pass was worth it
yar

thisismyusername

« Reply #4197 on: June 17, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »
:wag

Borderlands 2 Season Pass was worth it

Was it? I didn't follow that or the game since Borderlands 1 was completely boring:-\

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4198 on: June 17, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »
BL2 is probably the best current example of how to improve for a sequel this gen, and has (IMO) the best dlc of any game this gen also.  Can't recommend it enough, especially now that it's cheaper.  Hours and hours of fun.  Only possible way I'd say don't get it would be if you just don't like shootin shit.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4199 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
Just don't play it for several hours at a time. Improvements notwithstanding, it does get samey, more than top down ARPGs do. Switching weapons and one cooldown is no substitute for a bunch of different skills. And the loot isn't as plentiful.