Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188546 times)

Beezy

Himu

Desktops :pacspit
:comeon

:pacspit

Desktop scum

prole will back me
Enjoy your chiclet keyboard, shitty screen, and overpriced everything else. Bitch. :gurl

Enjoy your wires, and having to take the tower and monitor and all that bullshit when you move! :aah

Shitty screen? Screen is fine. Plus, it has hdmi so it doesn't even matter. Never again have the torture of fiddling with a desktop! :aah Wires dangling all over the place, being COMPLETELY immobile! The 1980's called!
IYKYK

Himu

Naw.

I'd rather have an apartment.

Have dining rooms you actively use twice a year, brehs. Waste of space. Apartments for life.
IYKYK

Enjoy your wires, and having to take the tower and monitor and all that bullshit when you move! :aah

Wow. Not that I really feel like getting into a laptop vs. desktop pissing match, but this reason comes across as pretty lame. A general desire for mobility? Sure. Concern that a desktop is more cumbersome when moving? How often do you move?

Beezy

Desktop scum

prole will back me
Enjoy your chiclet keyboard, shitty screen, and overpriced everything else. Bitch. :gurl

Shitty screen? Screen is fine. Plus, it has hdmi so it doesn't even matter. Never again have the torture of fiddling with a desktop! :aah Wires dangling all over the place, being COMPLETELY immobile! The 1980's called!
??? ??? ???

Do you move every month or something? Do you take your hdtv and consoles from room to room while you game? These complaints make no sense to me.

Himu

Wow. Not that I really feel like getting into a laptop vs. desktop pissing match, but this reason comes across as pretty lame. A general desire for mobility? Sure. Concern that a desktop is more cumbersome when moving? How often do you move?

It's an extension of the mobility argument. I had a desktop a long part of college. During breaks I would put it in storage. It was the worst thing ever. Now I'll never move another desktop ever again. :aah
IYKYK

Himu

Desktop scum

prole will back me

??? ??? ???

Do you move every month or something? Do you take your hdtv and consoles from room to room while you game? These complaints make no sense to me.

Nope, but I can bring my laptop with me anywhere. All I need is an hdmi cable and controller adapter. The tv in the other room doesn't have netflix, so I take my laptop and hook it up to the tv for my mom and let her use it or bring in my ps3. Sure, could be mitigated by having a tablet or something for her, but fuck it, a ton of a lot more use than a desktop.

As for wires, I hate the clutter that desktops create.

I was considering an htpc for all of these reasons, but a lot of htpc's aren't built for power and the cases are made as such.
IYKYK

It's an extension of the mobility argument. I had a desktop a long part of college. During breaks I would put it in storage. It was the worst thing ever. Now I'll never move another desktop ever again. :aah

Fair enough, I suppose. Moving is a distant concern for me. And in terms of device usage, the existence of smart phones and tablets have rendered the laptop near-useless to me. For casual internet consumption that I might do on the couch or in bed, I'd much rather use my iPhone/iPad. For real productivity or gaming, I'd much rather use a desktop.

Himu

Going on a business trip next month. Bringing my laptop and an hdmi cable just in case. :aah

:piss desktops
:piss an old relic
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
desktops just feel right. the 24+ inches (x2/3) of screen real estate, the diligent and near silent obelisk powering software beyond your wildest dreams, the bookshelf speakers waiting to warm your soul, the clicky mechanical keyboard waiting to actuate your fingers to orgasm. the whole desktop experience is the rolls-royce of gaming.

when i see people hunched over a tiny claustrophobic laptop screen for hours on end, i just want to buy them a coffee and promise them that one day it'll all be okay.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
You guys.

You can't use a desktop in the park.

SO SIMPLE.
yar

Tasty

Naw.

I'd rather have an apartment.

Have dining rooms you actively use twice a year, brehs. Waste of space. Apartments for life.

Studios are where it's at. :aah

Hipster chic minimalism to the max. :aah

Himu

HAHAHAHAHAHA :sabu :aah
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
You guys.

You can't use a desktop in the park.

SO SIMPLE.

We've come full circle.
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Can't take a desktop around to DJ, hence why my last purchase was a laptop and not a desktop. If I do get another PC I'd probably get a desktop, they are just more comfortable to use, but I can't complain about the performance of mine even now.
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon

:rofl :rofl

:himu

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Can't take a desktop around to DJ, hence why my last purchase was a laptop and not a desktop. If I do get another PC I'd probably get a desktop, they are just more comfortable to use, but I can't complain about the performance of mine even now.

it's weird how a desktop PC and a laptop is a redundancy to a lot people, but a desktop PC and a next gen console isn't.

Himu

Okay, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow mode off. But seriously, it is simple:

Because some of us like Japanese games. You act like the consoles have no use when they are going to be getting FFXV and KHIII. When those are on steam, THEN I'll consider going PC only.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:17:22 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
If you like Japanese gaming, you should probably focus on the platform most Japanese developers are: mobile

:jawalrus
yar

Himu

Most Japanese are on mobile, but the bulk of Japanese games aren't ON mobile. And if they are they're certainly not being localized aside from a few. Until that trend changes I'll stick to having a console. You even said the other week that ps3 has a better lineup than ps4. Why? Japanese games. Japanese games are the only thing keeping consoles relevant and I doubt games like Persona are heading to mobile any time soon.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:50:27 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

Maybe people just like playing games on consoles. I know what a crazy idea..

cool breeze

it's weird how a desktop PC and a laptop is a redundancy to a lot people, but a desktop PC and a next gen console isn't.

you have to consider that people keep devices in different rooms.  it's why I'm hoping the steambox stuff is somewhat successful to bring about a new wave of small form factor PCs (that are actually small).  even the streaming steambox is a way around it.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Wii U did 82k
Donkey Kong 130k
Bravely Default 200k (wow thats pretty amazing for a jrpg new ip no?)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:23:43 PM by Lagerless »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー

I don't like gaming on PC. I work in front of a computer for 9-10 hours straight and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of one while at home. And what I do on my PC generally involves DJing, programming, work-related stuff (and browsing the internet of couse). Would much rather chill on the couch in front of my big-screen TV when I play games. Not to mention the majority of what I'm into isn't on PC (unless you count emulation), and the benefits of playing a multiplat on PC (improved graphics) is lost on me.

So yeah spending $300-400 to get a console that will last 6+ yeas is better than buying a new desktop/laptop combo every 3-4 years.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:37:34 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, PC)
2. The Lego Movie Videogame (360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
3. NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
4. Thief (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
6. Battlefield 4 PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
7. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
8. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, 360)
9. Minecraft (360)
10. Bravely Default (3DS)

-Bravely Default: Over 200K physical + digital
-Donkey Kong Wii U: 130K physical + digital
-Pokemon X/Y: 130K physical + digital, 3.4M LTD
vin

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Holy shit, I didn't think Bravely Default would do that well... and Lightning Returns I thought would've done even worse.
^_^

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Think this really shows how big digital sales are and that declining numbers in npd dont mean everythinhg.

Steve Contra

Wait how does it show that?
vin

Pringo

PS4: 256,000 / 0.9 = 284.4K
Xbox One: 256K
Wii U: Nearly 82.5K

Himu

Holy shit, I didn't think Bravely Default would do that well... and Lightning Returns I thought would've done even worse.

I'm not surprised considering the hype.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
is the bell tolling for xbone yet?
USA

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
If MS is only doing 250k a month in the US then ww they cant be doing more then 325/350k :/

PS4 prob doing like 700/900k ww a month.

At best ms is getting outsold 2:1, more likely closer to 3:1.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
In other news Apple is sitting on millions of unsold iphone 5cs. Mobile fad coming to an end?

larrydavid

Bravely Default nearly doubled Ni no Kuni's first month sales holy shit! Nintendo beats Ghibli.

cool breeze

so, thief and donkey kong bombed?

Takao

Bravely Default nearly doubled Ni no Kuni's first month sales holy shit! Nintendo beats Ghibli.

Did Ni no Kuni get TV ads in the states? I honestly can't remember.

Takao

Oh man, Castlevania came out in February? Well, it's a good thing Konami already dumped Mercury Steam for that IP ...

Himu

Wait until FFX/X-2 HD sales.

And S-E deserved the FF brand to be in bad shape.
IYKYK

larrydavid

Did Ni no Kuni get TV ads in the states? I honestly can't remember.

No clue, I never saw ads for either one. I'm just amazed that there's actually a North American handheld RPG market. Maybe we'll get some of the unlocalized stuff after all.

And yeah, the FF brand is like oof. I think 15 will do well enough though at least.

Rahxephon91

Hopefully the FF brand bounces back because the games are still good and so they don't have to be pushed to the handheld ghetto.

Steve Contra

Nope, it's dead.
vin

Tasty

Great numbers for Bravely Default.  Bet Square are kicking themselves a little for passing that to Nintendo.

I don't think it would have done nearly as well if they hadn't passed it to Nintendo. I'm sure Square makes some kind of bank from its success anyways.

Tasty

DK probably did as good as a Wii U game possibly could at this point. Mario only did 215k opening month.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Xbone sales surprised me.  I guess the internet was bullshitting yet again.

In other news Apple is sitting on millions of unsold iphone 5cs. Mobile fad coming to an end?

The 5C was a dumb idea.  I know a lot of Applefags in the US who are deep in debt to keep up with the latest and greatest Apple devices.  They weren't going to settle for some ghetto version of the iPhone.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon

DK probably did as good as a Wii U game possibly could at this point. Mario only did 215k opening month.

ie, it bombed
yar

Damian79

If DK bombed so did BD.  DK did well considering how bad the wii is doing.  Like is 130k good on the Vita, I dunno.

Tasty

Cracking the top 10 NPD is a bomba now? Huh.

Himu

Wait until FFX/X-2 HD sales.

And S-E deserved the FF brand to be in bad shape.

X/x-2 should do fine.  Rereleases of loved FF games still do very well.  Which helps frame the problem with the brand, actually.  People still like FF, they just don't like/trust what it has become.  They need to stop fucking around, try to figure out the core of old FF, carefully make a few games that serve that, and then name them Final Fantasy instead of Bravely Default.

Or just take an action RPG spin-off, make an HHD version, rename it FF15, and call it a day.  Either-or.

The thing is, I think they are catering to their demo, or are starting to at least. I hear 14 is the most FF game in a long time. Here's hoping 16 is in the right direction.
IYKYK

Himu

Cracking the top 10 of NPD doesn't mean shit anymore.
IYKYK

cool breeze

yeah, I'm just curious if putting retro on a safe and known product was worth it.  I recall people defending the choice by saying how much better donkey kong returns sold compared to the metroid games.  but I wouldn't be surprised if the metroid prime games sold better than donkey kong u.

as for thief, well there were those layoffs and if it bombed I can't imagine SE trying to reboot it again.  plus SE seems to have crazy expectations for its games (there was that tomb raider thing last year).

Himu

Hopefully Retro is now working on a first person Zelda.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual

Since the 5S, iPad, and numerous Android devices are doing just fine, I'd say no, the 5C was just a misstep and mobile on the whole is fine.  Especially on the software revenue end of things.

You're free to interpret it through your idiot filter as you like, though.

Its probably coming pretty close to hitting a sales plateau, though, at least for tablets. I've noticed Best Buy and other retailers offering $50 off iPad Airs and minis every other week for the past few months, and you never used to see that this soon after release on Apple stuff.
sup

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
looks like nintendo has done a decent job building a market for handheld jrpgs.

march should be interesting. sony and ms should have a good month
dur

Tasty

Hopefully Retro is now working on a first person Zelda.

Eww.

They should either do something new (finally), or DKCR3.

Tasty

I still need more convincing BD is bomba.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Hopefully the FF brand bounces back because the games are still good and so they don't have to be pushed to the handheld ghetto.

Handheld ghetto has Bravely Default

3DS is gettin' gentrified

:jawalrus
乱学者

Himu

BD is not a bomba. It sold what most popular jrpgs usually sell the first month. However, cracking the top 10 doesn't mean you sold WELL. Software sales are down. Recently iirc, a game that sold 50k made it to the top 10, Andrex.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:23:29 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

You mean hacky level 5 masquerading as Ghibli.

Tasty

BD is not a bomba. It sold what jrpgs usually sell the first month. However, cracking the top 10 doesn't mean you sold WELL. Software sales are down. Recently iirc, a game that sold 50k made it to the top 10, Andrex.

Ah, I don't really keep up with NPDs anymore. What game was that?

Seems like February is the time to release Japanesey RPGesey games on 3DS. Last year I (and I presume most others) picked up FE because it was a solid handheld title with nothing surrounding it. I think timing has a ton to do with BD's success.

Himu

BD is not a bomba. It sold what jrpgs usually sell the first month. However, cracking the top 10 doesn't mean you sold WELL. Software sales are down. Recently iirc, a game that sold 50k made it to the top 10, Andrex.

Ah, I don't really keep up with NPDs anymore. What game was that?

Seems like February is the time to release Japanesey RPGesey games on 3DS. Last year I (and I presume most others) picked up FE because it was a solid handheld title with nothing surrounding it. I think timing has a ton to do with BD's success.

SMT4 did well for itself and it came out in summer. The time period doesn't matter. The jrpg fanbase just wants quality jrpgs; we are starved.
IYKYK