Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188588 times)

archie4208

Re: Next-Gen Sales Thread |OT| We already sold all the sales. Sorry.
« Reply #7380 on: August 13, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »
July NPD
1.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Vita)
2.) Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3.) Minecraft (360, PS3 ,Xbox One, PS4)
4.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
5.) Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (PS4, Xbox One)
6.) The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
7.) Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
8.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
9.) FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)
10.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7381 on: August 13, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »
:violin Splatoon :violin

You're a kid now~♪
You're a flash in the pan with a creepy pedo fanbase now~♫

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7382 on: August 13, 2015, 11:50:23 PM »
I'm actually more surprised people still give a fuck about the MK series...
^_^

Himu

« Reply #7383 on: August 14, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »
Mortal Kombat completely lost me with 4. :yeshrug I'd go back to MK2 and 3 but ultimately, while finding them fun, I never really have a desire to go back to MK. I recognize that 9 and 10 are good games, though. But definitely not my thing.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7384 on: August 14, 2015, 02:18:40 AM »
PS4 no 1

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

thisismyusername

« Reply #7386 on: August 15, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »
Oscar come home.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :uguu

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7387 on: August 16, 2015, 04:42:06 AM »
Oscar has left you hahahahahaha

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7388 on: August 19, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
Welp, looks like no plans to release P5 on the PC. Rahx vindicated?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1098584
^_^

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #7389 on: August 19, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7390 on: August 19, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
I still own a PS3 for a reason

:yeshrug
yar

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7391 on: August 19, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »
And Type 0 is apparently another crappy port.

and a few more PS4/Vita Japanese games have been announced.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7392 on: August 19, 2015, 05:05:52 PM »

^

Also people expecting Atlus that has been merged two damn times within the past 6 or so years to have a PC version.  ::)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
What's truly bizarre is Sega not getting in on that action and taking Atlus' IP's/game's and porting it themselves.
[close]

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #7393 on: August 19, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »

^

Also people expecting Atlus that has been merged two damn times within the past 6 or so years to have a PC version.  ::)

What's truly bizarre is Sega not getting in on that action and taking Atlus' IP's/game's and porting it themselves.
[close]

I bet P5 has at least a "timed exclusive to playstation" moneyhat after the reception the announcement got. Valkyira Chronicles did so well on PC I'm surprised Sega hasn't followed it up with Skies Of Arcadia Generations HD and then the Persona games. There's an obvious market since even FF XIII did well for Square (It's FFXIII for fuck sake)

Unless Sony and Nintendo are running moneyhat interference since P5 is a pretty important exclusive to Sony and Nintendo has to promote that SMT cross over. I don't see why they haven't done even more with steam due to the success of VC.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7394 on: August 19, 2015, 08:36:46 PM »

^

[close]

I bet P5 has at least a "timed exclusive to playstation" moneyhat after the reception the announcement got. Valkyira Chronicles did so well on PC I'm surprised Sega hasn't followed it up with Skies Of Arcadia Generations HD and then the Persona games. There's an obvious market since even FF XIII did well for Square (It's FFXIII for fuck sake)

Unless Sony and Nintendo are running moneyhat interference since P5 is a pretty important exclusive to Sony and Nintendo has to promote that SMT cross over. I don't see why they haven't done even more with steam due to the success of VC.

It's Atlus. They've always been struggling/break-even for money with their stuff. Ever since they were bought out from Index to Sega (when Index ran into hot-water) the first thing I thought was that Sega would get their hands on Atlus' previous properties (read: SMT's) and port them and/or localize the Japanese only ones to the west for SMT fans. But, that hasn't happened in a bizzare "hands off" approach to Atlus. I guess they're worried that doing that would piss off Atlus or mess with their "mojo" to where they won't.

Meanwhile, Atlus US (which only localizes for US/Canada) has been struggling to help Atlus Japan break even with localizations to where they localize :kobeyuck -level moe pantsu shit for the past... four or so years. :holeup

I mean it's not like Sega doesn't have quality PC port houses. Their PC ports since like... what, 2006? has been quality/solid. So it would just be a matter of Atlus US and Sega US going "hey, there's demand for our/Atlus Japan properties like Catherine and SMT on PC. Sega has these port-houses that we can out-source to that would do a pretty quality job on them. We should do that" and actually convincing Atlus Japan, which has always been niche, that it's worthwhile.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7395 on: August 20, 2015, 10:40:20 AM »
Type long ass posts about possible ports instead of joining the winning team brehs

Himu

« Reply #7396 on: August 20, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »
...we already have Ps3s, the system Persona 5 is going to be on...and since when is two paragraphs long?
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7397 on: August 20, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »
Well I guess you are on the winning team

archie4208

« Reply #7398 on: August 27, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »

:obama

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7399 on: August 27, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »
Rocket League is incredibly fun, I played it well into the night more than once at Quakecon.
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #7400 on: August 27, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7401 on: September 03, 2015, 06:05:55 AM »
GT6 sold less than 2.5m copies according to some documents used in a lawsuit (A company name appears on banners at Monza, claims it should have given proper authorization for this). The number may be not up to date but that's pretty terrible. EDIT : Source is disputed though.

People say it's because it was released on PS3 when the public attention went to PS4, and that may be true, but having followed and owned GT5:P and GT5 the truth is that this franchise has major issues. Polyphony is unable to manage the intended scope of the game or of their own schedules and promises, and they have lost a lot of prestige and goodwill by fumbling it for so long. They seriously need to refocus the design, because it seems it has become technically impossible to just be everything (everyday cars + Vision GT fantasy cars + FIA partner + rally + NASCAR + Top Gear + decent sim) with thousands of cars.

The driving itself was fine (to a layman like me) but it was hard to engage with the game.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:22:52 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #7402 on: September 04, 2015, 01:10:03 AM »
I can't even remember the last entry I was excited to play and I was a dyed in the wool fanboy for it once upon a time. 3 I guess? Like a lot of Sony IPs it got dated after its breakout entry.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7403 on: September 04, 2015, 07:21:57 PM »
Driving games are sort of a graphics ho benchmark so a 7 year old console isn't going to sell that many copies.

I don't think any normal person cares about these games until they do something totally  newish like being the first one to have a huge car count, damage, first person camera with interior modeling, and other general shit that makes it feel like you have access to real life cars. The checklist of features expected with these games now is ridiculous. Maybe we should have more games like the Toyota Yaris game.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #7404 on: September 04, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »
The name alone should have sold GT 6 but I guess 5 was so foul and the reports of the monetization of the in game economy in 6 (Along with 6's general mediocrity and outright glacial pacing) killed interest. The graphics ho argument for 7 is going to be harder since there's a PC game on the market that's already bested the consoles for the generation (Project CARS on PC is a complete performance fuck up, but it looks exceptionally pretty at highest settings and insurmountable for any new racing game on consoles) so you wonder if the name has any worth or they can recover the IP.

The things I'd do for a new outrun, though :goty2

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7405 on: September 04, 2015, 08:28:07 PM »
GT6 sold less than 2.5m copies according to some documents used in a lawsuit (A company name appears on banners at Monza, claims it should have given proper authorization for this). The number may be not up to date but that's pretty terrible. EDIT : Source is disputed though.

People say it's because it was released on PS3 when the public attention went to PS4, and that may be true, but having followed and owned GT5:P and GT5 the truth is that this franchise has major issues. Polyphony is unable to manage the intended scope of the game or of their own schedules and promises, and they have lost a lot of prestige and goodwill by fumbling it for so long. They seriously need to refocus the design, because it seems it has become technically impossible to just be everything (everyday cars + Vision GT fantasy cars + FIA partner + rally + NASCAR + Top Gear + decent sim) with thousands of cars.

The driving itself was fine (to a layman like me) but it was hard to engage with the game.
Having dipped my toes in licensing, and for a racing game at that, I can tell you it is a total mess. The idea that you have to get permission in addition to the track's just to show an advertisement, when  the advertiser paid for its placement is ridiculous.

In a sane world, the track management advertising contract includes permission for usage. However, there is no consistency in the contract from track to track. It's likely that polyphony were bit by legalese, but who knows who is even reviewing their international contracts?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7406 on: September 04, 2015, 11:05:27 PM »
Gran Turismo 5 was a really shitty game, especially when you consider how it long it took for development and how expensive the budget was.  I wouldn't be surprised if they pissed away a ton of goodwill, resulting in poor GT6 sales.
🍆🍆

archnemesis

« Reply #7407 on: September 05, 2015, 01:59:48 AM »
I would have bought GT6 instantly if it was released on PS4, but I don't need another Gran Turismo for the PS3 when I already have tons of unplayed content in GT5.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7408 on: September 05, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »
Driving games are sort of a graphics ho benchmark so a 7 year old console isn't going to sell that many copies.

I don't think any normal person cares about these games until they do something totally  newish like being the first one to have a huge car count, damage, first person camera with interior modeling, and other general shit that makes it feel like you have access to real life cars. The checklist of features expected with these games now is ridiculous. Maybe we should have more games like the Toyota Yaris game.

Nah, GT is selling on average between 10 and 15 million copies (GT5 sold 10 + 5 for the Prologue), I think there's a real market of normal guys to back it up, although yeah I think GT is there unlike any other racing game because it covers that insane checklist you mention (esp. the access to mundane cars along dream ones) that is pulling the overall quality of the game apart.

The name alone should have sold GT 6 but I guess 5 was so foul and the reports of the monetization of the in game economy in 6 (Along with 6's general mediocrity and outright glacial pacing) killed interest. The graphics ho argument for 7 is going to be harder since there's a PC game on the market that's already bested the consoles for the generation (Project CARS on PC is a complete performance fuck up, but it looks exceptionally pretty at highest settings and insurmountable for any new racing game on consoles) so you wonder if the name has any worth or they can recover the IP.

The things I'd do for a new outrun, though :goty2

I think the GT formula has become somewhat obsolete at this point but I don't have any idea as to how they can tackle that : for all its faults, it's still a monster franchise so PD must do something right. As you say, there's a lot of competition and GT can't claim now they're the only ones to do certain things (notably in the graphics, simulation department). I suspect the online component must become the main course of the game : people shits with reason on the terrible IA, but is there really a point in improving it when it never match up to the challenge of a race with human players ? More online means also more microtransactions, no escaping that I think. It wouldn't be too farfetched that the best course of action would be to release one base GT game only for PS4, but with tons of added content on the regular and season pass... A bit what they did with the Spec thing in the past.

I think having the standard cars is a travesty but on the other hand it's very likely that's it's actually the mundane car selection that keep GT relevant to the mass public... PD has become a bit of a prisoner of its success.

Gran Turismo 5 was a really shitty game, especially when you consider how it long it took for development and how expensive the budget was.  I wouldn't be surprised if they pissed away a ton of goodwill, resulting in poor GT6 sales.

I think the core gameplay was sound, but yeah GT5 felt disjointed. The NASCAR, Top Gear, Karts felt like fluff and tacked on. The focus is all over the place. I think GT has definitely fallen behind in the pseudo-sim department though and it's been long overdue that they evolved beyond the weirdly arcade race organization they have where you start bottom of the grid to a real time qualifying system. Also PD needs to stop half implementing features (Inconsistent assets for car and track, a full time and weather system) while on the same making promises on stuff they end up ditching or half assing (The course maker advertised at launch is still not released for GT6  :lol ). I think the "career" grind mode needs to be streamlined, it's honestly not a lot of fun, even if I understand that you have to work a bit because being able to buy some cars.

Having dipped my toes in licensing, and for a racing game at that, I can tell you it is a total mess. The idea that you have to get permission in addition to the track's just to show an advertisement, when  the advertiser paid for its placement is ridiculous.

In a sane world, the track management advertising contract includes permission for usage. However, there is no consistency in the contract from track to track. It's likely that polyphony were bit by legalese, but who knows who is even reviewing their international contracts?

The legal stuff must be insane, considering how many pies PD has its fingers into (FIA deal, GT Academy, the whole GT Vision thing...) and I suspect the vetting for that must be really weak. Things go along fine until they don't like in this case (But I believe the plaintiff was denied by the court ?).

EDIT : Also shutting the GT5 servers  at GT6 release was a real dick move.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:39:48 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7409 on: September 05, 2015, 05:13:21 AM »

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/252841/Court_rules_for_Gran_Turismo_in_trademark_suit_cites_First_Amendment.php

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7410 on: September 05, 2015, 06:29:15 AM »
Excellent. That's a dirtbag move: "my publicity rights have been violated by virtually portraying them in a place where I paid to have them featured."

Dirt.

Bag.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7411 on: September 05, 2015, 02:08:25 PM »
Business~
Hi

thisismyusername

« Reply #7412 on: September 05, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
Gran Turismo 5 was a really shitty game, especially when you consider how it long it took for development and how expensive the budget was. I wouldn't be surprised if they pissed away a ton of goodwill, resulting in poor GT6 sales.

^

Top Gear Test Track doesn't even have rain, and the "out of bounds" is really limited. For something that was supposed to be the first appearance of that, you'd think they'd have utilized the Top Gear brand better. But they didn't, Forza heard the complaints got Jeremy Clarkson to even do this:

And in Forza 6 they're going to 3D rain physics the track. Them listening to fans of cars? Impossible with GT now a days.

"A livery editor? WHAT IS THAT!?"

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #7413 on: September 05, 2015, 09:46:17 PM »
Forza 4 essentially slaughtered GT when it came to console racing sim driving being fun and tuning/customization being detailed as fuck. I'd say having normal consumer cars in Forza and Gran Turismo is a huge plus and that not having those cars would be pretty dumb. Being able to take a Ford Bronco and add enough shit so it can race with supercars should sound appealing to 90% of the people that use cars or like cars in general.

Main reason why I find PC racing sims to be boring as fuck. Wow, I can drive this super duper race car against other super duper race cars, such a fantasy that is. Don't get me wrong, those cars are fun to drive, but there has to be more than just top of the line race cars.

I probably put in around 200 hours into Forza 4. Going in I would race with automatic transmission with the assists on besides the racing line. After playing it a fuck ton, I would race with manual transmission with clutch, no stability control, no anti lock braking, none of that stuff, everything off except for the rewind mode.

Eventually I would do endurance races with a friend and his coworkers where we would race in a serious fashion for 45 minutes. Strict rules would be in place like which car you could use and how much you could upgrade it. Incredibly fun, the most fun I've ever had with a racing game.
OH!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7414 on: September 06, 2015, 03:40:18 AM »
Them listening to fans of cars? Impossible with GT now a days.

Well, PD did nab a guy from Turn 10 for the sound, so it could seem that maybe they want to adress the long held criticism in this department. The absence of a livery editor is pretty inexcusable at this point, yeah. I can buy that an extensive external damage representation does not matter that much but not being to put your personal touch to your cars is really backward.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:28:28 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

archie4208

« Reply #7415 on: September 06, 2015, 11:21:26 AM »
MGS5 shipped 3 million so far.

It has sold about 415k on PC.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #7416 on: September 06, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »
Them listening to fans of cars? Impossible with GT now a days.

Well, PD did nab a guy from Turn 10 for the sound, so it could seem that maybe they want to adress the long held criticism in this department. The absence of a livery editor is pretty inexcusable at this point, yeah. I can buy that an extensive external damage representation does not matter that much but not being to put your personal touch to your cars is really backward.

They just put up a bunch of staff recruitment notices http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/index.html

So I wonder if they are going to hold off till 2017/2018 and reboot since GT5&6 did a lot of damage.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7417 on: September 06, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »

http://steamcharts.com/app/287700

Peak's been going up and up and up. :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7418 on: September 07, 2015, 08:48:04 AM »

Is that good?

Not sure.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7419 on: September 07, 2015, 09:22:24 AM »
3m in a week is pretty good. If the numbers found on the net are accurate, MGS4 sold 4 to 5m and MGS3 3,6. Best selling game is 2 with over 7m copies.
ὕβρις

mormapope

« Reply #7420 on: September 07, 2015, 09:35:31 AM »
MGS2 is also still the highest rated MGS game in the franchise  :rejoice
OH!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7421 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:05 PM »
:smh
pcp

Mods Help

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7423 on: September 07, 2015, 11:14:32 PM »
3's sales got hurt bad because 2 was such a shitshow
pcp

Mods Help

« Reply #7424 on: September 07, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »
2 doesn't have your ass in the grass at all times so of course it sold better; better game.

mormapope

« Reply #7425 on: September 08, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »
MGS3's sales got hurt because it came out in a year where a bajillion other great games came out. Its my favorite game that year next to GTA San Andreas, but it is what it is. MGS2 came out when the PS2 started to get heavy hitters, it was one of the games to get the console for.
OH!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7426 on: September 08, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »
and ALSO it's sales were hurt because of the huge backlash against mgs2. DEAL WITH IT
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7427 on: September 08, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »
for real tho everyone hated mgs2 when it first came out. it only got a decent rep many years later
pcp

Mods Help

« Reply #7428 on: September 08, 2015, 04:57:34 PM »
Only haters hated MGS2 when it came out. Haters and people who can't deal with the story. The story is easy to ignore. You must be one of those people who plays Metal Gear Solid once and then drops it. That's why you hated 2. Because you were unwilling to invest in its gameplay and judged it for its story rather than that gameplay.

mormapope

« Reply #7429 on: September 08, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
"Everyone" being the MGS1 fans that would've sucked Snake's dick if given the chance.

MGS2 story, storytelling, dialog, all of that is weird as fuck and I wouldn't fault someone for criticizing that stuff. But the main complaint, the only thing people cried for years and years was Raiden. Some people would not shit talk the game at all if the protagonist was Solid Snake.

OH!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7430 on: September 08, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »
God save these lost children, for they know not the depths of their dumbness
pcp

mormapope

« Reply #7431 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:59 PM »
If you like any MGS at all, you got a little dumb in ya  :doge
OH!

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #7432 on: September 08, 2015, 08:13:46 PM »
Only haters hated MGS2 when it came out. Haters and people who can't deal with the story. The story is easy to ignore. You must be one of those people who plays Metal Gear Solid once and then drops it. That's why you hated 2. Because you were unwilling to invest in its gameplay and judged it for its story rather than that gameplay.

Yeah because its not like its a game that completely shoves its story down your throat.

::)

There are plenty of individual reasons to like or not like individual installments of the series that vary from person to person.

I can't stand 2 even though I recognize its good from a gameplay perspective especially relative to its time. Having to schlock through that story was still a painful experience for me. Although I understand completely how some people really enjoyed how batshit insane it was.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7433 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:23 PM »
During the last boss fight, I got up and made a sandwich and came back and one of those stupid, incomprehensible cutscenes was still playing. After MGS2, people who continued to make excuses for the story being anything other than the dumbest shit ever rendered into graphics instantly got moved into my "these fuckers are going into the sea" column.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7434 on: September 08, 2015, 08:26:49 PM »
they also like to forget that whole omg it was a trick!!! shit was the last hour of the game and before that was ten hours of nagging girlfriend and gee this guy looks and sounds exactly like solid snake i wonder who he is and rollerblading fat guys and here's how you complete every task before we give you a chance to do it

shit sucked and getting to the gameplay underneath was a pain. the rerelease with all the extra stuff outside of the campaign was the first time the game approached something good
pcp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #7435 on: September 08, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »
During the last boss fight, I got up and made a sandwich and came back and one of those stupid, incomprehensible cutscenes was still playing. After MGS2, people who continued to make excuses for the story being anything other than the dumbest shit ever rendered into graphics instantly got moved into my "these fuckers are going into the sea" column.

Playing Metal Gear Solid 2 was alike like watching those Matrix sequels. You suddenly realized that the creator(s) thought they were a lot more clever than they actually were and it started taking the story in a direction that I didn't care about at all.

I think MGS 3 is the good kind of goofy. And MGS 2 is the bad kind.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7436 on: September 08, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 2's story gets up it's own ass at some points, but it's still pretty good and interesting. I'm between 2 and 3 on which one I like more. 2 gets points because it honestly is really good and it's the first one I played, but 3 is pretty much the best game ever made with a far better story.

Mods Help

« Reply #7437 on: September 08, 2015, 08:59:41 PM »
MGS2 shoved its story down your throat just like 1 did. 2's story sucks. The problem I have are people saying it's a bad game because of its story when no one who claims to love MGS2 said they love it for the story.

You talk about the story, did you get stealth camo? Unlimited ammo? Did you play it on higher difficulties? Did you get the dog tags? Did you ever play Substance and play Euro Extreme? Did you ever play the VR missions? Or the missions as Snake or Ninja?

Because if what you did was play MGS2 once, and try to lay claim to having an informed opinion about the game? You don't.

At that point, you might as well play Diablo on normal for the story, beat it once, and drop it, and say,"what a bad game." Metal Gear Solid 2 is similar. Unless you did all of the above, or at least tried to, your opinion on the game cannot be taken seriously. Especially in regards to a game series that's all about replaying and unlocking new features.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #7438 on: September 08, 2015, 09:02:35 PM »
i did everything in the game and the rerelease stop getting emotional
pcp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #7439 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:49 PM »
MGS2 shoved its story down your throat just like 1 did. 2's story sucks. The problem I have are people saying it's a bad game because of its story when no one who claims to love MGS2 said they love it for the story.

You talk about the story, did you get stealth camo? Unlimited ammo? Did you play it on higher difficulties? Did you get the dog tags? Did you ever play Substance and play Euro Extreme? Did you ever play the VR missions? Or the missions as Snake or Ninja?

Because if what you did was play MGS2 once, and try to lay claim to having an informed opinion about the game? You don't.

At that point, you might as well play Diablo on normal for the story, beat it once, and drop it, and say,"what a bad game." Metal Gear Solid 2 is similar. Unless you did all of the above, or at least tried to, your opinion on the game cannot be taken seriously. Especially in regards to a game series that's all about replaying and unlocking new features.

You care alot more than I do. I don't like it. You did. It's really that simple.