Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3844523 times)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #30960 on: July 16, 2019, 05:29:55 AM »
That patrick klepek tweet lmao. #activism #johnoliver #fightthepower

Now back to streaming on Twitch!

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30961 on: July 16, 2019, 05:36:53 AM »
Can I get a cancelled check on Amazon today? I have a massive tub of lube waiting for me.

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30963 on: July 16, 2019, 06:02:14 AM »
I found out about them through the prequel reviews (like most people I'm guessing) and initially loved their content. I found their weird elitism annoying and uncomfortable, always talking about how dumb mainstream audiences are, but I figured that was pretty usual for nerds and I thought it was as bad as they got.

Then I saw their Wonder-Woman review. Here's a group of men whose whole career is build on their love of the movies they saw as kids. Adults who collect shit and are all about the things they grew up with. And yet they couldn't understand the importance of representation. They mocked the idea of little girls having female heroes to grow up with. That's when I knew exactly what kind of people they were. The worst kinds of bitter cynical unaware nerds. I honestly think the only thing keeping them from being as bad as the more openly misogynistic and racist youtube shit is that they're too full of themselves and like feeling above it all.

:usacry

RLM banned on ERA within..? I would gamble on 3 months.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/page-10#post-22792797
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30964 on: July 16, 2019, 06:02:19 AM »
haha I remember that so well, Tyler well and truly put the boot in back then, wonder if he'll change it to a nazi flag / burning cross soon to please the current state of users there.

I actually cannot believe how much Tyler has allowed to happen there, he must be desperate for the click cash and gold user account money.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30965 on: July 16, 2019, 06:04:13 AM »
rich is probably pro-gamergate as fuck. he clearly seems to be that type.

:science
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30966 on: July 16, 2019, 06:50:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22791313

I said it before, they're just in dire need of some female opinions. hell, if you're afraid of women, start with drag queens! jaymes mansfield is engaging into youtube collabs recently and he's from milwaukee! (although, I don't know how comfortable he'd be)

Expect to see soon more comments of how RLM are now confirmed afraid of women and hate drag queens.

they had a sexual minority on the show before and it went really well

:mike
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30967 on: July 16, 2019, 06:54:24 AM »
Literally the only reason they're saying "oh you should watch lindsay ellis not rlm" is because nostalgia chick isn't mainstream enough to get tall poppied by the hipster-woke era mob who can then go through literally every single thing they have ever said or done to cherry pick "problematic" pieces to then decalre how they always knew there was something wrong with her, and how she was always chasing that "alt-right" audience.

"She's a big kanye fan, so I guess she believes slavery happened to black people because they secretly wanted it, I don't know how youtube allows that sort of hate speech" - era topic in 5 years time

you don't even have to comb through her content, she has a history pretty much exactly like the klepek photos and posting that history is just as likely to get you banned for being disingenuous even though it's identical to what they do all the time
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #30968 on: July 16, 2019, 06:59:06 AM »
doxing again sheesh guys.

Ghoul

« Reply #30969 on: July 16, 2019, 07:03:05 AM »
Why Don't Police Catch Serial Rapists?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-dont-police-catch-serial-rapists.129256/

First comment is :snoop

Don’t cops in the states make bank? 70-120k within relative ease plus pension and early retirement? Lazy fucks

:confused

Shugga Strike
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-dont-police-catch-serial-rapists.129256/#post-22792456
I guess it's not as exciting as shooting unarmed black people

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30970 on: July 16, 2019, 08:21:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22794608

This is why Portland podcasters are leaving in droves.
ὕβρις

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #30971 on: July 16, 2019, 08:25:36 AM »
Someone link them the video in which they are laughing for 15 minutes at exploding gophers. It proves without a shadow of doubt that RLM are pro-animal abuse and Gamergators, at least that fucker Rich Evans

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #30972 on: July 16, 2019, 08:54:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22794608

This is why Portland podcasters are leaving in droves.

RLM is working on a collaboration with Patton Oswalt? Wonder when RE will try to bring down the hammer on him.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/768514430959169536

Edit: oh I forgot how pissed they got when he helped pay some trump supporters medical bills
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:06:10 AM by HaughtyFrank »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #30973 on: July 16, 2019, 09:16:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22783508
Man, that Etcetera thread is really something else.

Yall got a discord or nah?

Women and minorities leaving in droves.  Also everyone else.
Reading that page is almost like reading this thread. Lots of people who see through the Era garbage. Lonewolfeass, get your underground railroad into action and invite some fresh meat to the bore.

>Wanting SteveWinwood over here

Unironically kill yourself. :goty2

(Image removed from quote.)

Jay clearly not wanting to confirm his gayness there. :mike
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:20:45 AM by thisismyusername »

NekoFever

« Reply #30974 on: July 16, 2019, 09:22:55 AM »
I’m amazed that Angry Joe hasn’t been unpersoned yet after his video during E3 about “SJWs” “virtue signalling “ over Cyberpunk. I guess the right people over there like him.

Ghoul

« Reply #30975 on: July 16, 2019, 10:10:22 AM »
Joe doesn't deserve his own cancelling.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #30976 on: July 16, 2019, 10:24:35 AM »
He's probably scheduled for next month, they got a list go through every week.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #30977 on: July 16, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
Can't cancel Joe because then years of letting the dipshit have threads every time he farted would be retroactive bad optics

BisMarckie

« Reply #30978 on: July 16, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
Typical for riotous, he only cares about his magnum dong.  ::)

BisMarckie

« Reply #30979 on: July 16, 2019, 10:46:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-of-the-most-infuriating-discussions-is-of-having-a-type.129252/

A "Type" is just going for people with the best effort to result ratio. Also a convenient smokescreen for bigotry and racism.

:punch

BisMarckie

« Reply #30980 on: July 16, 2019, 10:49:38 AM »
What am I supposed to do today now that Patrick Klepek isn‘t streaming Mario Maker 2?
Fix your shit amazon. :punch
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:54:29 AM by BisMarckie »

BisMarckie

« Reply #30981 on: July 16, 2019, 11:00:43 AM »
Joining in solidarity by also not playing Mario Maker 2?

Nah, fuck that, I need to put some food on the table smehow.

BisMarckie

« Reply #30982 on: July 16, 2019, 11:03:08 AM »
Reported

BisMarckie

« Reply #30983 on: July 16, 2019, 11:04:22 AM »
You are not my type.

Please stop harassing me by talking about your enormous penis.

Ghoul

« Reply #30984 on: July 16, 2019, 11:07:44 AM »
Stop talking and start fucking AM I RIGHT Bis? Slow fucking day on Era today.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30985 on: July 16, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »
Ultimately it's pretty clear to me based on how they've been acting thar the Plinkett character is them taking advantage to say horrible shit they wish they could say themselves under the guise of a character

Ladies and gentlemen.....we got 'em!
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #30986 on: July 16, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »
riotous, for the love of god, please stop PMing me details about your dick. I don‘t want to know whether you could tie it around my neck. I think it is absolutely inappropriate.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #30987 on: July 16, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »
That's the new fertile soil for the neo-Puritans to explore. Trying (and cancelling) people based on what they made their fictionalized characters say/do.

There's a never-ending well of content to review and throw fake outrage at.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30988 on: July 16, 2019, 11:16:07 AM »
So when RLM is ranting about diversity in Star Wars are they being genuine or is that them in character being satirical or something?

I am trying to understand the last page or 2 and just have no clue about RLM lol..

RedLetterMedia have a joke character (Mr.Plinkett) that did a number of reviews. It's all a joke (except most of the points made about the film), I don't even know how you can miss it considering just how unambiguously repulsive the Plinkett character is.
In most of their videos it's actually them but they'll pretty commonly play up the nerd stereotype or their criticism ("Worst film I've ever seen") so it's hard in abstract to say, it's pretty clear in context for any specific example.

They never "ranted about diversity" in Star Wars AFAIK. They thought the whole "Lando is pansexual" thing was dumb and they didn't like the "SJW" robot (from TLJ or Solo, I don't remember), felt shoehorned. But they also will often jokingly point out that Disney / Lucasfilm didn't live up to its promise of having more diversity (in direction especially) and how it's still very heavily a white male dominated film franchise. It's pretty clear to anyone that watched some RLM that it's hollow corporate woke pandering (and corporate shenanigans in general) that bother them, not actual diversity. They (well, Mike) ranted on the Brie Larson thing though and honestly they could have cut that in half without losing anything. In that case I think some of the criticisms are valid because it did came across as a bit of nerd fragility.

They're low brow white middle aged male from middle America and they obviously don't care much about the Eternal Internet KulturKampf. But that's the thing : they never pretended otherwise.
They chuckled at the idea that Wonder Woman was a role model for little girls not because they hate women but because they're pretty dismissive of the importance of film (and thus fairly self depreciating about what they do for a living and their own tastes) in the grand scheme of things.

This post got way longer but it's pretty mind-blowing to me just how out of touch with any semblance of reality the ERA spin is now. Also how it just flares up for no real reason (there wasn't any bit that was controversial, even for ERA, in the latest video).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:54:24 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #30989 on: July 16, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30990 on: July 16, 2019, 11:22:04 AM »
So when RLM is ranting about diversity in Star Wars are they being genuine or is that them in character being satirical or something?

They don't rant about diversity in star wars.
Its why the whole fucking topic is a stop liking what I don't like nothingburger.
they make some predictions about the upcoming star wars probably not being very good, and its entirely based on them thinking JJ Abrams and the guy who wrote Batman v Superman and Justice League not being very good writers.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #30991 on: July 16, 2019, 11:23:05 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/it-has-been-4-years-since-gay-marriage-has-been-legalized-in-the-us.1492945/post-254872021

Linking Drug Abuse dot gov to prove marijuana is a gateway drug. :lol

That reminds me of a good article I read on the Gateway Pundit, let me find it so I can link to it....
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30992 on: July 16, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
This post got way longer but it's pretty mind-blowing to me just how out of touch with any semblance of reality the ERA spin is now. Also how it just flares up for no real reason (there wasn't any bit that was controversial, even for ERA, in the latest video).

There's a very telling rhetorical trick in that OP where they're clearly dredging the fucking barrel trying to find evidence to support their claims, but still use the "and theres SO MANY MORE examples I can't POSSIBLY list them all!"

BisMarckie

« Reply #30993 on: July 16, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »
Xbox one s all digital edition with FIFA 19 for 190 euro dollars. :thinking

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30994 on: July 16, 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
Xbox one s all digital edition with FIFA 19 for 190 euro dollars. :thinking

They're paying that much to take it off their hands?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30995 on: July 16, 2019, 11:41:21 AM »
User banned:(Duration Pending) Dismissive to bigotry and history of similar infractions
They're not particularly partisan so I don't care very much

None of the things they say really hew towards a framework of belief that is axiomatically right wing or bigoted

:dunno

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30996 on: July 16, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-prime-day-could-usher-in-a-new-wave-of-fear-based-social-media-usage.129282/

Quote from: Brass Body Dave, post: 22795938, member: 444

Yep, like the articles said, Amazon has been pushing fear and boy isn't it convenient they have a cheap solution.

We're giving up so much because advertisements get us. And they're advertising fear.

Quote from: shaneo632, post: 22796011, member: 24989
There are few better motivators than fear, really. It's why insurance sells so well.
Quote from: 808s & Villainy, post: 22796640, member: 11239

Seems like fear mongering. People bought them because they were significantly discounted

Quote from: des0lar, post: 22796833, member: 7995

Quote from: kazinova, post: 22796696, member: 15755

Ah, I was waiting for the article that would tell me that my tech-purchase is actually sinful. Glorious.

It's not that I like cool tech, and it was discounted, it's that I'm afraid. Got it.

I'll never get posts like these. Instead of thinking about the larger social implications, you choose to make it all about you and feel personally attacked.

Why?

:era
ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30998 on: July 16, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »

There's a very telling rhetorical trick in that OP where they're clearly dredging the fucking barrel trying to find evidence to support their claims, but still use the "and theres SO MANY MORE examples I can't POSSIBLY list them all!"

there are actually many more examples and I could probably find them without too much trouble because they're hilarious

I mean honestly any time Rich finds AIIIIIDS hilarious is probably extremely problematic

Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30999 on: July 16, 2019, 11:47:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-prime-day-could-usher-in-a-new-wave-of-fear-based-social-media-usage.129282/#post-22799661
Quote from: Tobor, post: 22799661, member: 4168

I’ve had a Ring doorbell for a while now and I can absolutely vouch for this.

The neighborhood “alerts” are almost never actual suspicious behavior.  It’s a bunch of noise combined with scared white people who freak out when anyone brown has the audacity to ring their doorbells or even walk by.

I’m dead serious.  I’ve seen people post alerts because someone walked by their front door!   It’s the modern version of the old neighbors calling each other and complaining about “others”.

I want to get rid of Ring and move to an encrypted camera without all this nonsense.

I just got a Ring device a few weeks back and the neighborhood alerts I have gotten have been for legit crimes that have happened.  Nobody has said a word about race.  :doge
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31000 on: July 16, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »
there are actually many more examples and I could probably find them without too much trouble because they're hilarious

I mean honestly any time Rich finds AIIIIIDS hilarious is probably extremely problematic

that dude shouldn't have built such a fucking weak case as his OP then :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #31001 on: July 16, 2019, 11:52:00 AM »
Mike wants to kill prostitutes and eat pizza rolls?  :holeup

And I want to fuck Jay. What is your point?

Wait, did I say that out loud? :doge

If it weren't you it be me.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31002 on: July 16, 2019, 11:52:27 AM »

9/11 !?
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31003 on: July 16, 2019, 11:53:17 AM »
watch artvandelay get dogpiled and banned in real time, because he said he finds brie larsons body language in interviews "uppity", not slick, dogwhistles, say what you really mean, etc

Tasty

« Reply #31004 on: July 16, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22791313

I said it before, they're just in dire need of some female opinions. hell, if you're afraid of women, start with drag queens! jaymes mansfield is engaging into youtube collabs recently and he's from milwaukee! (although, I don't know how comfortable he'd be)

Expect to see soon more comments of how RLM are now confirmed afraid of women and hate drag queens.

Sorry, but Max Landis is one of you breeders. :ufup

Ghoul

« Reply #31005 on: July 16, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
I read the GAF against gays thread, it's just ridiculous, these people are fucked in the head, luckily there's only like 5 of them posting.

Nuitangg

« Reply #31006 on: July 16, 2019, 11:57:41 AM »
Pop-Tarts and Ang Lee Hulk 4k are my only purchases so far.  :(

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31007 on: July 16, 2019, 11:58:27 AM »
watch artvandelay get dogpiled and banned in real time, because he said he finds brie larsons body language in interviews "uppity", not slick, dogwhistles, say what you really mean, etc

aaaaaaaand banned :rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22799044

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31008 on: July 16, 2019, 12:05:35 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22799044

tbh this happened because of the racist baggage era perceives coming from the word "uppity"
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31009 on: July 16, 2019, 12:09:20 PM »

how can they be so confident this post isn't about the ongoing Brie Larson body language discussion  :heh
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31010 on: July 16, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »

tbh this happened because of the racist baggage era perceives coming from the word "uppity"

And yet the stated reasons for getting got was that that poster finds this one specific person based on their behaviour in a provided interview for the context of that statement after his first round of dogpiling to be "sexist rhetoric" :idont

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #31011 on: July 16, 2019, 12:13:01 PM »
What am I supposed to do today now that Patrick Klepek isn‘t streaming Mario Maker 2?
Fix your shit amazon. :punch

Remember last year when waypoint said they weren't going to stream on twitch to represent the workers on Amazon prime day and then streamed the very next day when prime day was still happening?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31012 on: July 16, 2019, 12:13:54 PM »
I read the GAF against gays thread, it's just ridiculous, these people are fucked in the head, luckily there's only like 5 of them posting.

All with Gold usernames.

Not everyone is insanely alt-right but at the very least they are all trying to "fit in" with the alt-right;  hardly anyone making any statement of support of gay marriage without at least qualifying it.  "Now shut up about it" or "Don't be loud about it".. lol

Weirdly Era are fine with the "its okay to be gay, but stfu about it and keep it to yourself" argument :idont

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31013 on: July 16, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »

They somehow brought racism into this.

What in the blue hell is uppity body language
Doesn't know her place. The term was used in southern states as a racist code word for black people who opposed Jim Crow policies.

How dare anyone interpret this as unlikeable

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1116735031282556928

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31014 on: July 16, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
It means she's a CUNT.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31015 on: July 16, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »
who names their daughter after cheese
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31016 on: July 16, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »

:nope brie larson

:ohyeah alison brie

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31017 on: July 16, 2019, 12:28:12 PM »
Literally nothing to do with telling gay people to STFU.

the articles literally "I hate that character because theyre openly bisexual and its messing with my head canon, she can be bi I suppose, but don't ruin it by making her be proud about it"

Ghoul

« Reply #31018 on: July 16, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »

:nope brie larson

:ohyeah alison brie

I agree but she's too near James Franco for many.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31019 on: July 16, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
did alison brie get #cancelled by era for digital asianface for her role on bojack horseman or not? and if not, whos running the book on that popping up with the next series?