Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3155139 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #38940 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:01 AM »
has bill burr actually said anything that can be taken as transphobic or is this a classic era 2+2=22 :brain thing
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38941 on: March 05, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
has bill burr actually said anything that can be taken as transphobic or is this a classic era 2+2=22 :brain thing

That podcast clip has him mentioning that any comic who tells a trans-related joke will get piled on and canceled, but the bankers who fucked up the economy and oil execs who do all kinds of shit go scott-free- like an oil exec will dump tons of oil and nobody cares, but if they say "nice legs" to a woman at a food court, then it's time to go cancel them.

The host: "There's no room for mistakes.  There's no room for growth anymore, because you're immediately just fucked."
Burr: 'Yeah and it's just because they know where to apply the pressure.  They're like Jiu-Jitsu artists."
 :brain
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:49:54 AM by bork »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38942 on: March 05, 2021, 09:45:58 AM »
fuck him then the bigoted piece of shit i hope he and his family die the most horrific deaths imaginable :gamergate
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38943 on: March 05, 2021, 09:47:41 AM »
This is what killed me when Bruce became Caitlyn. That was like a national news story like at a ridiculous level. There’s like baby seals washing up on the beach because there’s no fish left, and they’re talking to this, this — lady. You know? Like, “So, Bruce, you gonna go, can your Olympic back handle a D-cup or you gonna go with like something a little more perky?”

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:lol
[close]

:drudge conan alert! :drudge

Double whammy.

:lol :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38944 on: March 05, 2021, 10:14:39 AM »
Podcast Host: "You don't fear that though, right?  You don't fear being canceled in any way, do you?"

Bill Burr: "OF COURSE I DO!"

Host: "You do?"

Burr: "Well I mean, if anyone can say anything and they don't have- there's no trial.  I mean, who's really safe?" 

Host: "But how has that affected your life and how has that affected the way you go about your comedy?"

Burr: "It actually made me go a little harder.  It's just like 'all right, if you're gonna get in trouble for this shit, I'm gonna go down swinging!'"

:brock
ど助平

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #38945 on: March 05, 2021, 11:19:18 AM »
The whole cancel culture debate might be the one and only subject where the right actually has a view with more basis in reality than the left. The right absolutely engages in cancel culture, and to the same extent as the left (well, they try to anyway), but at least they seem to *acknowledge that it actually exists* - in fact, they often seem to frame it in terms of "you do this shit to us too, back atcha."

Meanwhile this:

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1367192540072534030

is the prevailing view on the other side, even amongst people that are otherwise downright sensible!

Cauliflower Of Love

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38947 on: March 05, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »
The whole cancel culture debate might be the one and only subject where the right actually has a view with more basis in reality than the left. The right absolutely engages in cancel culture, and to the same extent as the left (well, they try to anyway), but at least they seem to *acknowledge that it actually exists* - in fact, they often seem to frame it in terms of "you do this shit to us too, back atcha."

Meanwhile this:

is the prevailing view on the other side, even amongst people that are otherwise downright sensible!

that's what I don't get, anyone who either had christian conservative parents or knew that one weird kid whose parents were that way should be entirely familiar with what is meant by cancel culture, and recognize why it's a bad thing

they say things like "remember conservatives in the 90s boycotted harry potter, and magic the gathering, and dungeons and dragons, and disney for their gay day at the parks, and ellen when she came out"

and it's like yeah they were in hysterics, they were trying to censor everything, and everyone rightly called them insane

are you saying they had a good point? why would you want to engage in the same behavior
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #38948 on: March 05, 2021, 12:22:03 PM »

Meanwhile this:

that's what I don't get, anyone who either had christian conservative parents or knew that one weird kid whose parents were that way should be entirely familiar with what is meant by cancel culture, and recognize why it's a bad thing

they say things like "remember conservatives in the 90s boycotted harry potter, and magic the gathering, and dungeons and dragons, and disney for their gay day at the parks, and ellen when she came out"

and it's like yeah they were in hysterics, they were trying to censor everything, and everyone rightly called them insane

are you saying they had a good point? why would you want to engage in the same behavior

Because it shows power and dominance. Is not exactly that difficult to discern.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38949 on: March 05, 2021, 12:24:47 PM »
Damn, they've really moved on to "fuck this guy, he only left to become an alt-right grifter" despite him resigning from his job during a pandemic. Who'd trade a steady employment against youtube  :doge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38950 on: March 05, 2021, 12:29:28 PM »
a genius :success
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38951 on: March 05, 2021, 01:49:51 PM »
So they have moved on from "the character is drawn by a male artist so it's disgusting" to "it's drawn by woman with complete creative freedom but this doesn't matter"

to be clear I'm not using that to imply it's an ok design because a woman made it as it's still possible for a woman to be sexist and all (the entire fucking Rance series is entirely made by women), I'm just wondering over the sheer oddity of the situation
The devs told her "design whatever you want as a character" and she deliberately came up with that and they just okeyed it

(the entire fucking Rance series is entirely made by women)
I actually didn't know this. Woke-era teaching me something neat today.

The Male Allies at Resetera have a deep knowledge of the Rance series.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38952 on: March 05, 2021, 02:00:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/politico-likes-to-start-off-today-with-a-utterly-transphobic-tweet-to-boost-the-gop.389072/#post-60107255

Quote from: Kyuuji
Bill Burr will be pleased.

I believe the young ones would call this 'Peak Era'.

Kyuuji, when you read this, I want you to know that aimlessly lashing out at everyone else doesn't work when you are in fact the problem. Be better.
I never got the memo that ruining women sports leagues is apparently a good thing.
It has nothing to do with transphobia it is simply a fact.

Maybe we can solve it with mixed team sports or a trans league or whatever.
But no even suggesting such things makes you a Nazi.  :doge
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38954 on: March 05, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »
More like Troy left it.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38955 on: March 05, 2021, 02:25:43 PM »
Damn, they've really moved on to "fuck this guy, he only left to become an alt-right grifter" despite him resigning from his job during a pandemic. Who'd trade a steady employment against youtube  :doge

No, see, it has to be some kind of galaxy brain grift, because if it wasn't and you hounded a guy out of his career and trashed his reputation over a fucking nothing burger and you're still wanting blood, that would make you some kind of unrelenting zealous psychopath, and that obviously doesn't describe all the great people just bringing justice on era

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38956 on: March 05, 2021, 03:23:13 PM »
Sometimes Era feels like a sincere but struggling attempt to teach cis-het white dudes why racism/sexism/bigotry isn't okay.

And boy will they find any and all justifications to not learn.
"He isn't actually defending her"
"His comedy is SuPpOsED to offend"
"You'll change your perspective if you actually see the video"
"It's okay to sexualize <character> cause even though she looks 12 she's actually a 7000 year old dragon"

I'm not angry. Just sad and resigned.

:dunno

Really seems more like a small portion of actual crazies trying to socially engineer others into buying into their fucked up world view through a combination of stifling dissent, gas lighting, and double talk
When we talk about peak Era, this is the quote that will always come to mind for me. Of course Reeeeeseterans don't need to watch the video to know that the person said stuff that makes them a "piece of shit™" They have Twitter hottakes from blue check mark fuckwits for that!
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38957 on: March 05, 2021, 03:30:40 PM »
Mother 3 cancelled before it could get cancelled

https://www.resetera.com/threads/isnt-it-obvious-why-mother-3-hasnt-been-localized-in-the-west.389192/

Some of the games elements are...questionable.

And by questionable I mean blatantly racist and homophobic. The character Reggie is straight up just weird blackface shit and the Magypsies well, just their name alone is offensive but also they are one of the worst homophobic and transphobic stereotypes I've ever seen in a videogame.

I'm only delving into this game now but yikes, what on earth is nintendo supposed to do with this stuff? Alter it? change the sprites? Pretty sure the magypsies would have to be completely removed or heavily altered and Nintendo probably just doesn't want to to deal with it.

I had no idea this sort of stuff was in the game, doesn't this seem like a deal breaker to yall?

Nintendo probably saw the disappointing preorder numbers

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38958 on: March 05, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »
what the fuck I thought the magypsies were trans/alternate lifestyle positive representations :neogaf

I swear 5 years ago it was mean old Nintendo afraid of how christian mothers would react to these obvious non binary folx in a children's game I swear
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38959 on: March 05, 2021, 05:29:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-getting-the-1400-stimulus-check.389297/

someone with an era account please post if these poll results are as hilarious as I suspect from guillotines era

HaughtyFrank

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #38961 on: March 05, 2021, 06:07:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-getting-the-1400-stimulus-check.389297/

someone with an era account please post if these poll results are as hilarious as I suspect from guillotines era

ShutUp

« Reply #38963 on: March 05, 2021, 06:54:53 PM »
Covered the character up, made the boobs a lot smaller. Two changes that should immensely please the forever offended crowd.

"god why remove her boobs!? This is so exhausting!"

You simply cannot please these types. Cater to them and they just move the goal posts.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #38964 on: March 05, 2021, 06:57:51 PM »
"This is 2021," Lee said. "It's important to reflect the authenticity of strong, capable female characters."

No tits = strong and capable

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38965 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »
I've seen some trans artists turn it into "lola got top surgery"

I'd honestly love to know how RE would react to that

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38966 on: March 05, 2021, 07:11:07 PM »
the tale of era

Uncle

BikeJesus

« Reply #38967 on: March 05, 2021, 07:39:20 PM »
The OP being banned completes the scene.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #38968 on: March 05, 2021, 07:48:03 PM »
What was that other poll that got locked/removed because people didn't vote for the "right" thing?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38969 on: March 05, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »
What was that other poll that got locked/removed because people didn't vote for the "right" thing?

there have been like a dozen since the site started, every poll seems to go to the silent majority when it's anonymous
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38970 on: March 05, 2021, 07:53:53 PM »

I believe it was one about whether people will buy the Harry Potter game. After that one they considered polls another weapon against them  :lol

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #38971 on: March 05, 2021, 09:35:42 PM »
"them things probably causin back problems" always makes me cringe. something about it so lame. like feigned concern disguising hornyness

just do barbell rows u weak lil bitch
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:12:55 PM by remy »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #38972 on: March 05, 2021, 10:17:19 PM »
I worked with a woman who got breast reduction surgery for just that reason.  It can be an issue.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #38973 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:14 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory rhetoric

Hopefully one day I can leave this shit country. Unless we're willing to have a civil war, which I'm all in for.
lol at reporting this

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #38974 on: March 05, 2021, 11:13:08 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory rhetoric

Hopefully one day I can leave this shit country. Unless we're willing to have a civil war, which I'm all in for.
lol at reporting this
What they going to do? Go and wave a piece of kale at some redneck who is armed to the teeth?
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #38975 on: March 06, 2021, 12:24:48 AM »
I worked with a woman who got breast reduction surgery for just that reason.  It can be an issue.

They key difference is that we are talking about fictional characters, that’s why is feel disingenuous. Is like going to any superhero thread and bitch about how tiny is Batman dick because the steroids he takes.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #38976 on: March 06, 2021, 01:52:50 AM »

They key difference is that we are talking about fictional characters, that’s why is feel disingenuous. Is like going to any superhero thread and bitch about how tiny is Batman dick because the steroids he takes.

Oh absolutely, and it’s a bunch of dudes at that.

paprikastaude

« Reply #38977 on: March 06, 2021, 04:16:25 AM »
Mother 3 cancelled before it could get cancelled

https://www.resetera.com/threads/isnt-it-obvious-why-mother-3-hasnt-been-localized-in-the-west.389192/

Some of the games elements are...questionable.

And by questionable I mean blatantly racist and homophobic. The character Reggie is straight up just weird blackface shit and the Magypsies well, just their name alone is offensive but also they are one of the worst homophobic and transphobic stereotypes I've ever seen in a videogame.

I'm only delving into this game now but yikes, what on earth is nintendo supposed to do with this stuff? Alter it? change the sprites? Pretty sure the magypsies would have to be completely removed or heavily altered and Nintendo probably just doesn't want to to deal with it.

I had no idea this sort of stuff was in the game, doesn't this seem like a deal breaker to yall?

Nintendo probably saw the disappointing preorder numbers

The magypsies were always the most known and public-facing issue, but the game contains a lot of things beyond it that I could see making localization a more difficult endeavor than they probably felt was worth.
There's the magypsies themselves, the hot springs "awakening" scene, the merman "air tanks" that you make out with to receive oxygen, one segment of the game sends the party on a mushroom-fueled drug trip, animal abuse, and of course the general tragedy of the main family that forms the backbone of the adventure.

tuna_love

« Reply #38979 on: March 06, 2021, 08:38:16 AM »
I am trying to convince local homeless people to sleep outside the house of a private landlord
Anyone ever tried this? Do you think the is an effective route to teaching private landlords what their business causes? I am thinking about doing it myself to see what happens. I see homeless people hiding away in shithole tunnels and under bridges when there are nice and safe streets they can sleep on.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-am-trying-to-convince-local-homeless-people-to-sleep-outside-the-house-of-a-private-landlord.389564/

:brain

M

« Reply #38980 on: March 06, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »
Got banned again. Fuck this. This time for reckless endangerment of homeless people. Fuckers don't know I have been in that position before. They want homeless to remain invisible so they can ignore them and pretend to care. Fuck this. Friendly protest deez nutz.

They are so militant online but any real life altercation for the rights of people is met with timid nonsense that doesn't work.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #38981 on: March 06, 2021, 09:14:35 AM »
Got banned again. Fuck this. This time for reckless endangerment of homeless people. Fuckers don't know I have been in that position before. They want homeless to remain invisible so they can ignore them and pretend to care. Fuck this. Friendly protest deez nutz.

They are so militant online but any real life altercation for the rights of people is met with timid nonsense that doesn't work.

Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #38982 on: March 06, 2021, 09:51:36 AM »

you are home now, brother  :respect

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38983 on: March 06, 2021, 10:00:04 AM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:04:33 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38984 on: March 06, 2021, 10:01:37 AM »

If this were real lyfe i would power bomb your white male cis-ass
sigh

Snoopycat_

« Reply #38985 on: March 06, 2021, 10:27:01 AM »
I speak to homeless people all the time. I have been borderline homeless before.

Rofl. Fuck off.

« Reply #38986 on: March 06, 2021, 10:27:10 AM »

:crowdlaff :girlaff

Averon

« Reply #38987 on: March 06, 2021, 11:55:10 AM »
The OP being banned completes the scene.

Did they really ban the OP because the poll went the "wrong" way?  :lol
Also, I'm sure they hate that they can't see who vote for what option in polls. I would have been a great way to put people on hit lists for future targeted moderation for wrong think.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:01:00 PM by Averon »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38988 on: March 06, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »
reckless endangerment of homeless people
lmao those cookie cutter motherfuckers  :lol

Homeless people should not protest it endangers them :dead

You should organize a book burning of Harry Potter instead because that is a real issue.  :maf
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38989 on: March 06, 2021, 12:38:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexy-men-in-gaming.389630/

The fuck?

Is there a contest about who can be the most hypocritical on era?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38990 on: March 06, 2021, 01:10:25 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38991 on: March 06, 2021, 01:40:30 PM »

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #38992 on: March 06, 2021, 01:40:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sexy-men-in-gaming.389630/

The fuck?

Is there a contest about who can be the most hypocritical on era?
Since the introduction of best monthly threads, it has really all gone downhill.

thetylerrob

« Reply #38993 on: March 06, 2021, 01:41:27 PM »
I thought it was going to be video game characters... I wonder why all the insiders stopped posting?  :hmm

Where's Schreier to report on this objectification of actual humans?  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38994 on: March 06, 2021, 01:51:24 PM »
nah this is creepy

RIP blame space

Homophobe and silencing voices  :hitler

Some of you here with alts there should post Jason Schreier you fucking cowards
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #38995 on: March 06, 2021, 02:04:39 PM »
that damn boy ugly tho :info
(ice)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38997 on: March 06, 2021, 03:32:53 PM »
[close]

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #38998 on: March 06, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
Other than the cavill posts they were all butt ugly dudes too.  Objectifying and horrible taste, a sure sign the breeders were involved  :snob

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38999 on: March 06, 2021, 03:55:22 PM »
The Limey serial killer from DF and he touched me on the wubby Cerny sexy the fuck.  :doge

Breeders you are on notice.  :gurl
[close]