Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: Travel The World To Kill Stuff And Check Out Some Tits  (Read 28323 times)

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: Official Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 thread
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
Tits  :drake
USA

« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »
Momiji against the Tengus was brutal.
野球

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2009, 09:59:49 PM »
My copy of Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 just arrived.  I am a little disappointed that I'm missing out on what seems to be lots more tits in the PS3 version. :(

« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »
Lots more tits.

LOTS.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »

It felt that way at first, until I found that simply blocking and dodging around them made them easy to strike from behind.
ど助平

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2009, 11:22:39 PM »
Lots more tits.

LOTS.

:'(

But 360 Ninja Gaiden 2 is harder and not dumbed down for the pussy masses. :punch

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:'(
[close]

« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2009, 11:27:16 PM »

It felt that way at first, until I found that simply blocking and dodging around them made them easy to strike from behind.

Yeah, that's how I managed to beat them.
野球

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »
I like the Tengus a lot. They're very Genshin-esque, I think. Not quite as good of course, but still one of the best bosses in the game. I just beat Momiji's chapter on Mentor and I used her Square x 4, Triangle attack. Seems safe on block and if all of it hits it does a fuckload of damage.

Momiji is awesome.
BiSH

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »
her air UT is totally tits.  i got all giddy when I sucked up essence in the air (apparently it was known she had this before but I ran into it by mistake!)

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »
Once you get good at this game it's omg so awesome. In new YOrk now and those scythes or w/e you get are so overpowered omg so awesome. But my dual shock's square button is pretty much broken now :(
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »
Statue of Liberty boss was ludicrous.  :lol
[close]
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2009, 01:07:08 AM »
Once you get good at this game it's omg so awesome.

yeah id say youre at the second step

the third and (arguably) final step is mastering the enemies and being able to toy with them at will

the 4th step is either karma fagging, which i was able to achieve without paying any mind to, become step 3 and the rest will follow naturally

then your only problem will be defending accusations of karma farming and childish cheating from kranz kafka :P

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2009, 03:21:38 AM »
I just beat Momiji's chapter on Mentor and I used her Square x 4, Triangle attack. Seems safe on block and if all of it hits it does a fuckload of damage.

This is actually terrible advice. All of Momiji's combos are garbage on Tengus, as I just learned after getting raped over and over on Master Ninja. NONE of her moves give you enough leeway to hit-confirm the Tengus into a combo; sometimes you'll land the first hit and then they'll decide to izuna drop your ass for an instant kill. The only seemingly safe way to damage them is her 360 triangle attack after they miss a combo/stomp.

One throw from anybody on Master Ninja is basically instant death by the way. And getting hit with a rocket/explosive arrow is like 60%.
BiSH

Jansen

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »
upgrade system is GARBAGE. i wanna max out my claws asap but for some reason the douchebags denied me this pleasure! and this game did not need more giant bosses like the buddha statue.

« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
Fry's has the game for $49.99 this weekend if anyone is interested.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
upgrade system is GARBAGE. i wanna max out my claws asap but for some reason the douchebags denied me this pleasure! and this game did not need more giant bosses like the buddha statue.

Because you wanted to be even more unstoppable at an early point in the game?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »
because he wants to enjoy his claws DAMMIT BEBPO

Jansen

« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »
shit yeah. the claws are awesome.

besides the game has been noobed up so much that i don't think allowing me to max em out will make much difference.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:55:49 PM by Jansen »

Beezy

« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:15 PM »

Because you wanted to be even more unstoppable at an early point in the game?
Unstoppable with the claws? The only hax weapon in NG2 was the muthafuckin Deathscythe. :rock

Jansen

« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2009, 12:04:52 AM »
the game is easier on ps3 tho. that's why they changed the upgrade system.

Beezy

« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »
Oh. :(

Besides the projectile spamming ninjas, I don't see why they had to make the game easier.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2009, 02:51:52 AM »
copy pasta incoming (though it seems kinda redundant)

I Beat Path of the Master Ninja and All I Got Was This Stupid Trophy.

Seriously; you don't unlock anything for beating PotMN. So lame. Anyway, not much really changes between the difficulties in this game. There aren't any more enemies than any other difficulties, they're just a higher grade (usually) and they do WAY more damage. One throw on MN = instant death, generally. The bosses are probably the hardest part, none of the levels were that hard.

To give an idea of how reduced the enemy count is in this game, between all three of my playthroughs and 5 or 6 team missions, I have around 3900 kills between all of my weapons. A full run of Master Ninja in NG2 is around 4200 kills.

On a side note, #1 on chapter challenge PotMN for chapter 1 :D  Eat it Faiz82!

edit: Actually once you beat master ninja the silver frame around your health bar becomes gold. Kinda neat, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:02:31 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »
How do you get boob axis to work and at what parts
USA

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »
How do you get boob axis to work and at what parts

just move/shake the dualshock, works in game but you have to be alone (since enemies will try to kill you) and cutscenes.

Just for the girls.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2009, 02:40:04 PM »
It doesn't really seem to work well, considering that they made a whole commercial around it.   :lol
ど助平

Jansen

« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
[youtube=560,345]aEXEBmCUFqI[/youtube]

this cutscene is so painful to watch in sigma 2

there's no blood or dismemberment. fucking weaksauce.

the wind ninpo isn't any fun to use anymore because of the lack of gore.

It doesn't really seem to work well, considering that they made a whole commercial around it.   :lol

you have to shake the shit out of your controller for it to work.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:49:42 PM by Jansen »

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
Boo

Himu

« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2009, 03:11:39 PM »
How hard is Master Ninja in NGS2? Are the hard difficulties balanced, unlike in OG NG2?
IYKYK

« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »
The story is "lol wut" worthy, but damn it's fun.
野球

Himu

« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
The story is hilarious.

I love how Ryu just JUMPS ON TOP OF A DRAGON and rams its face into the ground on the New York level. And he doesn't give a shit about ANYTHING.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »
"WE HAVE A CLASS A NINJA THREAT, REPEAT, CLASS A NINJA THREAT"

:rofl :rofl :rofl
IYKYK

« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Ok, now I have to play as Rachel? Her levels fucking blew in the first Sigma game...

:yuck

edit: I take that back, she's much improved from the last outing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:33:36 PM by distantmantra »
野球

Jansen

« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
i hope that bitch dies

« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »
i hope that bitch dies

She controls so much better this time around, it's crazy.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »
I actually don't mind Rachel in NGS1.  Did her first level and blasted through it, even beating the fiend challenge with no problems whatsoever. 

What did they improve on her in Sigma 2?  I know she got a big cannon.

The one thing Sigma 2 needs is to let you play as any character on any stage after clearing the game. 
ど助平

« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »
I remember finding her really clunky and slow moving in the first Sigma. She seems to move a lot quicker.
野球

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »
How hard is Master Ninja in NGS2? Are the hard difficulties balanced, unlike in OG NG2?

The difficulty is more even this time around for sure. It's hard to say how hard PotMN is in Sigma 2 though. On one hand, the levels themselves are a LOT easier than NG2; probably even easier than Mentor on NG2. Enemies do ridiculous damage when they hit you, but since there's so few of them it's pretty easy to not get hit. But on the other hand, most of the bosses in Sigma 2 on Master Ninja are harder IMO. There are a few exceptions (the only bosses with minions in NGS2 are Zedonius, Marbus and Dagra Dai I believe), but for the most part they have more health and they fixed all of the ways to cheese them (infinite combo greater fiends, IS to the armadillo, flying swallow Volf etc).

Every difficulty seems to have the same enemy spawns (only upgraded in their rank), so if you can make it through one difficulty you can probably make it through the others as long as you get hit less. Plus this game feeds you essence non stop and you have nothing but healing items to spend it on. You can practically buy a Talisman of Rebirth at every Muramasa shop.

PS. Use Rachel's gun. It's absurdly overpowered.
BiSH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2009, 04:09:56 PM »
Yeah, but she was so powerful.  

I think I'm gonna get back to Sigma 2 today.  Maybe I can finish it if nothing else is going on...
ど助平

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
OMG seeing the xbox version of that cutscene makes me want to stop playing this and experience that one, I can't believe the wolf splits in half in that version, in this one he just falls wtf.

And yeah boob axis is so hard to get working. I wanted to see Momoji's bust shaking so bad

she's 18 right
[close]
USA

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »
By the way MCD, that mission you were stuck on in NG2 with the bone bonster and red lobster-women is back for co-op, except this time he has twice as much health  :hyper
BiSH

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
But this time you can just revive me hon.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2009, 07:28:29 PM »
When do you guys use UT's? I can never find the time to charge it up completely and don't understand the essence thing
USA

« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2009, 07:31:33 PM »
I've used it on the werewolves a couple times. Just get some distance between them, you'll have plenty of time to charge it up while they're lumbering towards you.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
OMG seeing the xbox version of that cutscene makes me want to stop playing this and experience that one, I can't believe the wolf splits in half in that version, in this one he just falls wtf.

And yeah boob axis is so hard to get working. I wanted to see Momoji's bust shaking so bad

she's 18 right
[close]

A Japanese animu/Team Ninja game with a big-breasted Japanese chick?  And you think she's legal?   18, that's too old for the Nippon.  Grandma, mayne.  She's probably like 15 or 16.  Ayane is too.  They get around it by saying "age unknown" in the English versions. 
ど助平

drew

• sy
« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
When do you guys use UT's? I can never find the time to charge it up completely and don't understand the essence thing

conserving essence for ultimate techniques is key to racking up big scores

also you do know that pressing y right after jumping negates the charge up animation right?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
Whats essence though? Like the Ki shit?

Also what do you mean pressing y after jumping? That's the same thing as holding down y till you glow blue?
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Whats essence though? Like the Ki shit?

essence are the yellow, blue, and red balls that comes from dead guys

ki is the number of magic attacks (brain fart) you have up your sleeve

absorbing essence normally gives you either money, life, or more ki

Also what do you mean pressing y after jumping? That's the same thing as holding down y till you glow blue?

absorbing the essence through charging your weapon for an ultimate technique instantly charges it up

so for example you can start fighting guys, kill a few, keep blocking and dashing and attacking so you wont absorb the essence floating around, then in the midst of battle jump and right when you land hit and hold down y, which gives you an instant ut

tl;dr yes its basically the same thing, except its instant

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2009, 09:14:49 PM »
That's awesome, I always wondered were the instant UT's came from.
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2009, 09:17:04 PM »
That's awesome, I always wondered were the instant UT's came from.

[close]

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2009, 05:51:28 PM »
Still on my warrior run, plodding through.  I think I'm on 13 now.  Yeah, this game is really really easy.  I'm having fun tearing everything up while being practically invincible, but maybe the real challenge will happen in the missions. 

Rachel is seriously improved and has the best OT--where she knocks the guy in the air and shoots them with the machine gun. I felt nearly invincible with her. Ayane has the toughest fight in the game so far--against the BSNs, ISNs, and magician dudes in the market area.  The fight was, gasp, reminiscent of an average fight in NG2 360. :lol  Only used Momiji once and enjoyed it, but she is my least favorite of all the characters so far.

Can't say the game is totally better...I'm enjoying it more, but it almost seems too scaled back. The OT system is totally broken when the fights are this small and easy. TN just needs to put this whole NG2 fiasco behind them and start NG3. 

Bebpo

« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
You think they'll do a NG3 without Itagaki?
Do you really want a NG3 without Itagaki?

I mean sure Hayashi and his Sigma team is fine and all.  But that's just because they have the majority of the gameplay, weapons, & levels already made for them.  I'm not sure if they could do one from scratch.  I'd rather the team just made an original action game and not call it NG.

So uh, with all this talk about how improved and fun Rachel is in Sigma 2.  How bad are her levels you are forced to do in Sigma 1?  Also is the difficulty in Sigma 1 also toned down from Black?  I just got my copy of Sigma 1 the other day and after I finish up ODST I'm going to play through it and wondering about what to expect.  Are there any actual GAMEPLAY improvements in Sigma 1 over Black?  For that matter is the game even based on Black or vanilla NG?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
It's based on Black.

I bashed it a lot when it was released but if there was one improvement, it would be how they replaced dumb puzzle rooms with beat 'em up challenges. as for Rachel just abuse every wall you see and you should do fine.

and yeah, it's easier.

wish I could remember more.

drew

• sy
« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:51 PM »
Also is the difficulty in Sigma 1 also toned down from Black?

yep

per

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
You think they'll do a NG3 without Itagaki?
Do you really want a NG3 without Itagaki?

I mean sure Hayashi and his Sigma team is fine and all.  But that's just because they have the majority of the gameplay, weapons, & levels already made for them.  I'm not sure if they could do one from scratch.  I'd rather the team just made an original action game and not call it NG.

So uh, with all this talk about how improved and fun Rachel is in Sigma 2.  How bad are her levels you are forced to do in Sigma 1?  Also is the difficulty in Sigma 1 also toned down from Black?  I just got my copy of Sigma 1 the other day and after I finish up ODST I'm going to play through it and wondering about what to expect.  Are there any actual GAMEPLAY improvements in Sigma 1 over Black?  For that matter is the game even based on Black or vanilla NG?

yeah of course I want NG3, even if it's just to see how it turns out.  It's a video game, it's not sacred, I don't care who works on it or if it should or shouldn't be made.  um, my life remains the same regardless...besides that, Hayashi's team has helped develop all of the ninja gaiden games. it's not like they don't understand what makes the game good.  The guy was behind the AI that made the first one so memorable.

anyway, Rachel's levels are not horrible in NG Sigma, she's just kind of boring to play as, unless you really like the war hammer weapon (which you won't because it's just an inferior version of the Dabilahro.)  Her sub-weapon is useless.  She has a couple of cool moves, but the problem is that Ryu is so much more fun to play as.  The characters in NGS2 have fuller move sets and more strengths/weaknesses that set them apart from Ryu.

The difficulty is toned down a bit in NGS, but it's noticeably easier because there are more chests with potions in them.  As for improvements, some annoying puzzles are taken out and the swimming level is more streamlined (a very good thing.)  There are some new enemies and a new weapon, as well as some new missions (5 free new ones with a code you can look up on gamefaqs, as well as some paid DLC missions.) 

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »
Ya i have NGS1 coming to me too, can't wait to play after this (never played NG1, so willl it feel like a step back?)

Anywho, just beat the werewolf boss and got to rachael or w/e her name is. Man she's so sexy when you shake her tits, and they shake independentably  :lol :lol.

I had some trouble with wolfie but I ki-ed his ass to death. I still don't relaly know what I'm doing in the game except that im hitting square and then triangle and seeing stuff happen. I wish I had the attention span to learn the combo's, as i'm sure they make the game easier.

Also the bosses in this game are one of the few that inspire fright in me, because I know they'll own my ass if i'm not paying attention. I love that.

Tits.
USA

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2009, 09:34:47 PM »
The combat in NG1 will definitely feel extremely limited in comparison to what's possible in NG2.

Volf is awesome in NGS2. He didn't really change a whole lot, but I love the back and forth you get with him when you use the XXY->Y combo with the Dragon Sword. On the lower difficulties you can just spam that over and over and he'll rarely counterattack.
BiSH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2009, 11:46:48 PM »
oh, how do i beat the big guy on the bridge on stage 4, i am bad at ninja
duc

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2009, 12:48:17 AM »
The giant blind troll? Dash right before his punch is about to hit you (so you go through it), then you can hit his hand with XXY with the Lunar. I think you can even block his punch and dash out of Ryu's stagger - not sure though. When he does his breath attack just dash and jump to the side. When he gets low on health (10-15%?) he'll fall over so you can OT him.

If that doesn't work just try standing between his legs and beating the shit out of him while trying to avoid his stomps.
BiSH

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2009, 12:49:55 AM »
I kinda wish I started this game on a harder difficulty than the easiest. It's still really hard for me, I haven't really died I think just twice, but I think from what i've read it's funner, although I get owned from normal mobs sometimes. :(.

ALso what weapons do you guys use? I was using the victorian flais until I got those nightsticks and now I just got the scythe but I dunno what wep I should use
USA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2009, 01:07:48 AM »
i was doing the latter with the bladed nunchucks and got pwned. it doesn't help that i'm out of health items! i'll try the hand thing + the staff.
duc