Author Topic: Overwatch - Not only a skill in Xcom  (Read 130438 times)

Beezy

Re: Overwatch - new blizzard ip
« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2016, 09:33:22 PM »
 :dead

« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2016, 10:13:28 PM »
oh my fucking god

lmao

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2016, 12:57:41 AM »

zeny is pretty dope

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #423 on: June 02, 2016, 03:56:50 AM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »
fat

G The Resurrected

« Reply #425 on: June 02, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »
YES PLEASE!!!!

:lawd

I realised I've been playing too much Roadhog so now I'm branching out and trying other characters I haven't even touched. My loot boxes have been shit though so many dupes and not even legendary or uncommon dupes straight up common dupes, RNG gods don't like me.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #426 on: June 02, 2016, 07:12:39 PM »
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160602006554/en/

The world needs heroes, and citizens from London to Xi’an to Rio de Janeiro are rising to the occasion to join the ranks of Overwatch®! Blizzard Entertainment’s critically acclaimed team shooter launched worldwide on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Windows PC on May 24, and since then more than 7 million players have fought for the future in Overwatch, logging more than 119 million hours combined in one of the most successful global game launches of all time

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #427 on: June 02, 2016, 08:37:49 PM »
reaper get nerfed yet

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2016, 01:14:49 AM »
blizzard mode

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2016, 01:44:38 AM »
Will inevitably go f2p soon after these poor sales

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »
reaper get nerfed yet

What's to nerf?
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #431 on: June 03, 2016, 11:51:51 AM »
My changes I'd like to see:

McCree - The current elephant in the room. Maybe less damage when fanning the hammer, considering the usual combo of flash - fan - roll - fan can destroy tanks.

Torbjorn - When Torbjorn dies, his turret should die too, or maybe "deteriorate" since theres nobody to bang it with a hammer.

Bastion - lower Ammo when in turret mode, or longer reload time. Slower turn speed? 100 bullets????

Zenyatta - Could use some more health, can currently get bodyshotted by Widow. At least be able to survive that, hes PLENTY squishy as is. I'd love to play this guy more but he's just TOO squishy for me, even more than a Mercy!

D.Va - OBVIOUS, lower the radius of that ult... holy moly

Symettra - For a "support" character she has no form of healing like all the rest. What? Mark her a Defense char like Torbjorn and buff her accordingly then. I like playing Symmetra on some maps but once you place the turrets you feel immediately useless. You are too squishy for fighting and all you can mostly do is spam Orbs and hide in a corner waiting for someone to tag with your gun. Maybe there should be a way to set up "healing" turrets and "attack" turrets?

Winston - No immediate issues, but maybe his shield could use a slight uptick in health. I think this was nerfed in the beta because of the double/triple winston effect. Shield still feels useless when I see it used (I've never played Winston yet). Maybe its not being used correctly.
fat

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
McCree is allegedly getting a nerf on his fan.  I'd agree with all you wrote - maybe for Symmetra they could lower the dps of her turrets a bit and balance that by boosting her health/armor so she can get in the skirmish a little? I've started playing Winston a lot. He's designated as a tank, but to me he's really better as an offense/defense mix character. Jump on top of the payload, drop a shield, zap everyone around it to get them off and get it moving again, jump off. I'm sure this will change over time, but hardly anyone is playing him now, so they're unprepared when he jumps into the middle of a crowd and starts slinging people around. He's the quickest counter to Symmetra turrets, he can take all of them out at once with his zapper in like two seconds.

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
I feel dumb every time a Bastion kills me. Run around a corner, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp, kill screen.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2016, 12:29:22 PM »
Thanks I never thought of that
fat

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
McCree's fan is a glue ability that holds a lot of stuff in check, nerfing it might open more cans of worms than it would close.

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2016, 12:30:16 PM »
Also, remove Mei's ability to ice wall up the spawn room door. That shit is annoying, especially when your own moron teammate does it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »
I always run out a side door for that reason, I just assume someone is going to do it
fat

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2016, 12:33:55 PM »
I've personally never had much of a problem with McCree, but I play Lucio a lot and I tend to haul ass when I hear the high noon callout. Or get behind him and knock him out of it with the pulse. That's always fun when I can pull it off. "It's High NooBWOMMM"

G The Resurrected

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »

:gurl Just hide behind an object dude. Even Mei's ice wall blocks it.

Mei's healing cocoon does not guard against it though. So just be wary of that and being behind a payload doesn't work as well.

I'm learning some of the lesser played characters on the roster and have found that I like a lot of the characters. This might be an almost perfect game to play forever online!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »
meis icewall is hilarious

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #441 on: June 03, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
The cocoon should guard against it - its pretty much invulnerable. You probably left the cocoon around the same time as the explosion.
fat

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #442 on: June 03, 2016, 01:56:20 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
My changes I'd like to see:

McCree - The current elephant in the room. Maybe less damage when fanning the hammer, considering the usual combo of flash - fan - roll - fan can destroy tanks.

Torbjorn - When Torbjorn dies, his turret should die too, or maybe "deteriorate" since theres nobody to bang it with a hammer.

Bastion - lower Ammo when in turret mode, or longer reload time. Slower turn speed? 100 bullets????

Zenyatta - Could use some more health, can currently get bodyshotted by Widow. At least be able to survive that, hes PLENTY squishy as is. I'd love to play this guy more but he's just TOO squishy for me, even more than a Mercy!

Symettra - For a "support" character she has no form of healing like all the rest. What? Mark her a Defense char like Torbjorn and buff her accordingly then. I like playing Symmetra on some maps but once you place the turrets you feel immediately useless. You are too squishy for fighting and all you can mostly do is spam Orbs and hide in a corner waiting for someone to tag with your gun. Maybe there should be a way to set up "healing" turrets and "attack" turrets?

Winston - No immediate issues, but maybe his shield could use a slight uptick in health. I think this was nerfed in the beta because of the double/triple winston effect. Shield still feels useless when I see it used (I've never played Winston yet). Maybe its not being used correctly.

I used to complain about D.Va too but literally anything blocks the blast.

Zeny definitely needs a boost in health, one shotting is a no no

Torb and his turrets are fine.  They're only a real issue during that first surprise run in which is kinda half their whole utility and then when he ults. Bastion kinda in the same place here.

***Keep in mind im playing on PC and I have heard turrets on consoles are particularly nasty so

All that said zenyatta is a lot of fun though, nothing like getting them discord orbs out and melting dude and then spamming "I dreamt I was a butterfly" voice line

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
It's not "hiding", I'm well aware about hiding - its the distance, when there isn't an immediate outlet to hide in. I will try to make clips when it happens again. Even when you're on the "edge" of the blast you still die.
fat

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #445 on: June 03, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »
I hate when I think I've sidestepped Hanzo's ultimate and I'm watching the dragon pass by and just die out of nowhere

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #446 on: June 03, 2016, 06:54:56 PM »

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #447 on: June 03, 2016, 11:49:26 PM »
Never gotten a PotG. Played Bastion for the first time. Got PotG.

:sheik

Kara

« Reply #448 on: June 04, 2016, 01:02:28 AM »
Is there some disease that makes people pick Hanzo when the first pick on your team was Widowmaker?

G The Resurrected

« Reply #449 on: June 04, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
Mei's healing cocoon does not guard against it though.

it kinda does :gurl :ufup

Sorry, I was talking about using her as cover when you are another character. You can't hide behind Mei to protect yourself from D.iva or McCrees ults

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #450 on: June 04, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Starting to quit out of a lot of games. Yeah, worst thing ever, sore loser, don't even give one iota of a fuck. The message popped up and said I was going to be penalized on experience and I thought "Who gives a shit? I'm not gonna sit here miserable and rolling eyes for ten minutes because I got paired up with two Widowmakers, two Hanzos, and a Torb, and none of them are anywhere near the objective. Meanwhile, thanks to spot-on matchmaking, the other team has their shit together and half of them are 20+ levels higher than me. You mean if I leave, I won't get to unlock terrible 1990s graffiti and never used voice lines quite as fast? Boohoo."

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #451 on: June 04, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »
No you will keep getting paired with idiots

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #452 on: June 04, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
When you solo queue the following will happen:

- You get paid with other solos, or maybe a team of 2
- You get placed in a team of 5 vs another team of 5 + 1 (this is why you normally see people much higher level than you)

This is usually why some matches seem to go in your favor while others simply fall apart
fat

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #453 on: June 04, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
Yeah, that leads to a lot of stomps either way, doesn't seem ideal. I don't want to just roll over people,  that's no fun either. I've always thought skill-based matchmaking was just a bunch of bullshit companies sell people on to catch those normal people dollars, anyway. It's never worked the way it's been presented.

I still have fun, and I'm not going to leave if we're just being outplayed, but I'm also not going to hang around and be target practice anymore, either. My time and enjoyment are worth more than unlocking a bunch of meaningless skins I won't even see my character wearing during the game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #454 on: June 04, 2016, 02:48:45 PM »
-nobody- likes skill based matchmaking in a casual game mode. A lot of games do this lately, too.

Once the competitive game mode comes out, I'm sure all the tryhards will flock there and the ceiling will lower just a tad.
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #455 on: June 04, 2016, 02:50:30 PM »
I grp queue a lot and lately i seem to be doing better solo queuing. Not too mad at my 55% winrate rn tho.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #456 on: June 04, 2016, 02:52:47 PM »
skilled based matchmaking never bothers me. Your odds of being put into a good game are no better than cod which tends to have less skill based matchmaking. You are equally liable to get pubstomped to death when its just throwing random people or parties into a lobby.

But having an outlet for the more skilled players in the competitive mode instead of general pub-stomping is always a good thing.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #457 on: June 04, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »
I hate when I think I've sidestepped Hanzo's ultimate and I'm watching the dragon pass by and just die out of nowhere

Rubbing against it with Zarya's Bubble and watching her gun damage stack tho' :whew

-nobody- likes skill based matchmaking in a casual game mode. A lot of games do this lately, too.

Once the competitive game mode comes out, I'm sure all the tryhards will flock there and the ceiling will lower just a tad.

Someone needs to steal 343i's algorithm because Halo 5 matchmaking is almost perfect since it's getting a good rounded match but it's not letting poopsockers try to pubstomp low level games.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #458 on: June 05, 2016, 02:30:42 AM »

« Reply #459 on: June 05, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »

:bow Pharah :bow2

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »
http://imgur.com/gallery/ZlGXADy

Tell that to imgur or this guy. I'm just reposting his shit.  :badass
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:28:12 PM by Pallando »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2016, 03:10:40 PM »
just ignore him and hopefully he'll go away eventually

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2016, 04:01:30 PM »
Finally have a positive k/d after 8 hours of playtime.

Junkrat is so good on offense and defense   :pimp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2016, 04:47:21 PM »
A lot of clips I've seen show various power up type attacks that kill multiple people just for being in the wrong place at wrong time. Is this how matches typically go or is it more skill based? Also do people actually try to accomplish the objective of various maps or is it just kill matches.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »
There is skill involved and you have to complete an objective to win a match.
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2016, 05:11:49 PM »
Also do people actually try to accomplish the objective of various maps or is it just kill matches.

It's the same as just about any other shooter game. If you play with a group those things happen. They are very difficult to do in random pub games with random people.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2016, 05:37:18 PM »
Awesome. hop in your time machine and go play Team Fortress 2 then.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
Or just stop playing a game you don't like and shut the fuck up

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2016, 12:13:25 AM »
I feel like even in Pubs people usually make some effort, maybe because the cod crowd hasnt migrated

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
Got my first legendary skin, but it's Lucios ribbit, the one I hate most  :-\

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2016, 04:26:47 PM »
I wont lie, when I was looking at all the skins this one I hated the most and never wanted to get.

Just look at it

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:10:04 AM by Premium Lager »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
Overwatch interview

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

McCree is pretty straightforward. What we're looking at right now is his fan the hammer damage. We're going to reduce it. The goal there is to make it so that McCree can still use his combo that we love, which is the flashbang and fan the hammer on somebody like Tracer. McCree should absolutely kill that Tracer. We want McCree to be a counter to people like Tracer, Genji and Reaper. What we're not crazy about, right now, is the way in which McCree can absolutely shred tanks. It's a little too easy, so we want to bring the fan the hammer damage down, so he's still killing the squishies and the medium strength heroes, but he's less effective against the tanks. If he times everything perfectly and gets every single shot off, he's got a shot against a tank, but it's not the instant 'I win' button that it is right now.

With D. Va, we're still in exploration mode. There's a couple of directions we could take her and it's still unclear which direction we'll go. Obviously her damage has come into question from a lot of people. You have to be really close to do effective damage with D. Va and we might look at that. We might also look at her survivability. A lot of time, D. Va can get herself into situations where she's a tank and it feels like she should be there, but then she gets knocked out of that mech so quickly. We probably won't do a bunch of buffs to her damage and her survivability; we'll probably pick one direction or the other, but right now, we've been exploring both.

We've tried high-damage D. Va with lower survivability. She's almost more of a skirmisher. We've tried other directions, like not buffing her damage, but buffing her survivability. I think the D. Va buffs will take a little bit longer for us to get to, but the McCree balance changes should come sooner. D. Va's not in a horrible place, we just feel like she could be in a slightly better place, whereas McCree is causing a lot of concern in the community and we want to make sure they know we're responsive.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2016, 02:07:34 PM »
Decided to get this...on PC, even though people I know have it on PS4.
:neogaf
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »
good good, i want to play dva but shes kind of poo now

I mean in theory you cant die, buy youre also pretty useless without the mech

Stoney Mason

« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2016, 02:49:24 PM »
McCree nerf is reasonable. He should be a counter to Tracer's and Genji but not the blanket tank counter.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #478 on: June 08, 2016, 05:07:39 AM »
Whats the outrage with the microtransactions? It's just skins and sprays.

Seriously if you can't handle not having such crap then seek help.

So much outrage a company came up with a business model that will ensure they make money and provide long term support without splitting the player base with paid DLC map packs etc.

I sometimes wonder what all these outraged people do for work.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #479 on: June 08, 2016, 06:25:14 AM »