Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1857290 times)

NekoFever

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44340 on: March 13, 2023, 09:33:40 AM »
I’m fairly sure the last update was to quickly add the bolded:

We generally do not welcome celebration or cheering the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread solely to post about how glad they are that person is dead may be moderated. This does not preclude sober criticism of a person's legacy or mistakes in life. We simply do not want to celebrate death. Context will matter, and some individuals have done things so heinous that rare exceptions may need to be made.

Because literally every obituary thread was breaking it, and adding a vague exception that allows them to ignore prominent members doing it was easier than enforcing the rules.

Edit:

Here’s the original from the Wayback Machine:

While context will be taken into account, we do not welcome celebration or cheering for the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread as an opportunity to post vitriol will be moderated. There will be no shortage of opportunities to discuss the legacy of a public figure in other, later, threads. We simply do not want to celebrate death.

While context will be taken into account, we generally do not welcome celebration or cheering the death of public figures.

:lol
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:40:51 AM by NekoFever »

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44341 on: March 13, 2023, 10:05:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/msnbc-op-ed-top-gun-maverick-is-the-most-insidious-movie-at-the-oscars.696247/page-5#post-102581770

Quote from: Vincent Grayson
For as much as Era seems to have a very low tolerance for "person said or did not-great thing", I continue to be amazed at the level of support for a movie that *is* such blatant jerking off about military/war, on top of being a star vehicle for Tom Cruise.
:hesright   :cruise
OBE

Daffy Duck

« Reply #44342 on: March 13, 2023, 10:36:57 AM »
What a fucking melt

Proud to say I didn’t watch Top Gun or Top Gun Maverick

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44343 on: March 13, 2023, 10:47:17 AM »
What a fucking melt

Me neither :ego :dice
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44344 on: March 13, 2023, 10:50:23 AM »
The peasants are slowly coming to a realization in the constructive thread:

Quote from: Pluto, post: 102538291, member: 3067
How the C-Word rule is handled is a disaster, it's still not part of the general guidelines and hasn't been announced side wide, just in here and it is absurd to enforce it under those circumstances.

How hard is it to copy and paste the announcement that was made here into the guidelines and slap a banner visible to everyone at the top of the board? Or just block access to the board with a message that has to be acknowledged before access is restored, that way everyone who posts anything would know about the rule and would have no excuse.

Quote from: s_mirage, post: 102544762, member: 5870
It's a problem I used to have with GAF and it's a problem I have here: it almost feels like specific rules are created but then obfuscated. It is grossly unfair to punish people for breaking new rules that the site staff haven't made the minimal effort to properly announce and/or document.

Quote from: skullmuffins, post: 102549211, member: 2110
yeah, I don't get it. It's like there's a reluctance to update the main forum rules without the new rules being formally crafted and integrated into the body of the text, but that's more work that people don't have time for, so we're left with a bunch of new rules and policies buried in the middle of threads. Just fucking write addendums to the community guidelines! It would take like a minute. you already have the rule and rationale written out. I'm sorry for the cursing but it's kind of exasperating. I genuinely do not understand why it's like this and I've run forums before.

Quote from: Teiresias, post: 102552046, member: 14015
Not that I use the word so far as I can remember, but yeah, the com on this is bad. I checked this thread just in a whim since I don't really routinely check it and just happened to see the staff post, which replaced the actual word due to the filter and it took me a minute to figure out what the hell it was talking about.

Combine that with this just getting announced in this thread and in no generally posted guidance, with very specific corrective actions to be taken dependent on a number of variables, and this really need to live in the TOS (or whatever we call them).

Quote from: Nateo, post: 102570118, member: 16467
Yeah I feel likes its just to catch people out. I use the word frequently IRL as its just part of general language here(Australia) doesnt really carry the same shock factor as the US and is often used as a positive, but I'd be annoyed if I got banned for using it cause the rules were hidden away.

Y’all about to get hookup knife'd if you’re not careful :nothot

https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-guide-to-resetera.9777/

General Guide to ResetEra

Last updated on May 3, 2021

Some amusing things the modship have broken or ignored time after time again, since I'm there:

We do not allow behavior or rhetoric that attacks or discriminates against users based on race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or disability.

Unless they are white, asian, hispanic, cis, male, female, Christian, or Muslim, of course. You know, context matters.

Low effort, inflammatory, or insensitive drive by posting is always unacceptable.

:gurl

Lamenting or mocking the sensitivity or “outrage" of others in reference to legitimate concerns, or claiming that members are pretending to be offended.

See, they remove the legimate from action so any questioning is considered lamenting or mocking, regardless of is a good faith questioning.

Condescendingly talking down to people who are affected by sensitive issues.

Attempting to shut down the discussion altogether.

Hell, the mods themselves do this.

Defending heinous behaviors (especially those related to bigotry) or supporting individual public figures who are guilty of the same can constitute inflammatory posting, even if the tone of your post is otherwise mild. Note that members found trying to abuse this policy to bait others into bans will instead be moderated themselves. This policy is intended to guard against provocation, not encourage interrogation.
\

Yet somehow, the bolded is never enforced. ... Ever.

Prohibited Games

As a general measuring stick, if a game is not appropriate for broadcast on Twitch it is unlikely to be appropriate here.

Yet, two of the biggest ones...

Other games will only be considered for this list if the staff receives a direct complaint about their contents.

Ah, so their 'don't demand a game be banned' actually flies right in the face of the their own ToS. Great.

We do not allow advocacy of violence, explicit or otherwise.

:comeon

We have zero tolerance for doxxing, which refers to publishing private information about individuals (address, place of work, private phone, etc) as a means of retribution or to encourage harassment. Doing this will likely result in a permanent ban. Encouraging others to do this will also result in a ban.

:comeon

Again, mods have even broken that rule themselves.
Hecht for sure encouraged doxxing for that CD Projekt

marrec

« Reply #44345 on: March 13, 2023, 10:50:23 AM »
What a fucking melt

Holy shit look at all the purity tokens this motherfucker just cashed in  :lawd

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44346 on: March 13, 2023, 12:02:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/msnbc-op-ed-top-gun-maverick-is-the-most-insidious-movie-at-the-oscars.696247/page-5#post-102585448

Quote from: JonesiiiFromtheMoon
Quote from: Lilyth
Apart from the movie being a lot of nothing, I have no idea when people accepted Tom Cruise being in it.

Is he not in Scientology anymore? Is that not a criminal organization that is destroying lives anymore? Did they ever find Miscavige's wife?

Did anything change just because people wanted to see the movie?
white men get a pass as long as the shit they do isn’t mainstream and they do all their own stunts

:cruise
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44347 on: March 13, 2023, 12:37:23 PM »
That both this and Avatar 2 are up for best picture is laughable.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/msnbc-op-ed-top-gun-maverick-is-the-most-insidious-movie-at-the-oscars.696247/

Oh no, two extremely popular and widely loved action movies are ruining the sanctity of a masturbatory award show that exists solely to advertise the industry it serves.

:neogaf
They realize this is because of their own cohort's bitching right? Not enough comic book movies were getting nominated so they doubled the Best Picture nominations so they could put those and other blockbusters in and then ignore them.

Thread about Linus confusing distinguished mentally-challenged fellow for distinguished black fellow

this guy is way too smart to not know the difference between hard R and R word, can't believe there's people actually buying this BS.

:thinking Linus has a history of histories too

My point is that people who work in tech are way more online than people who are not. If he was a farmer or something i'd buy it, but there's no fucking way someone who spends time online for a living doesn't know, please use some common sense.

Checkmate!!!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-day-linus-from-linus-tech-tips-almost-ruined-his-whole-career.696325/page-2#post-102567829
Wait, they're cancelling him for this? Not that whole long time scam with slave labor he's been running?

This is queerness trying to colonize non-single family interpersonal relationships, which are the normal type of relationship in the extremely heteronormative place called "everywhere except US and parts of Europe".

Have we already reached the part of queerness tech where they start re-inventing things that have already existed?
You missed the last quote, where she literally reverted "queer" back to its original use before it was associated with homosexuality:
You don't have to identify as queer to embrace that mindset, adds Seymour. "It's more like taking queer in a slightly more theoretical, broad umbrella kind of way as just meaning non-normative," she says.
She's an English Lit professor. :lol

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44348 on: March 13, 2023, 12:39:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-right%E2%80%99s-obsession-with-wokeness-is-a-sign-of-weakness-article.696457/#post-102585337
You've got to keep the base afraid of something, and the right wing thought machine is running out of shibboleths, just as the article proposes.
:spiders

benjipwns

« Reply #44349 on: March 13, 2023, 12:46:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-right%E2%80%99s-obsession-with-wokeness-is-a-sign-of-weakness-article.696457/#post-102585337
You've got to keep the base afraid of something, and the right wing thought machine is running out of shibboleths, just as the article proposes.
I wonder how many we could come up with just from taking ResetERA.com thread titles from the last six months. :hmm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, this would be the opposite, "wokeness" serves as a broad umbrella term for "things you hate" not a single separate thing.
[close]

marrec

« Reply #44350 on: March 13, 2023, 01:07:17 PM »

This is queerness trying to colonize non-single family interpersonal relationships, which are the normal type of relationship in the extremely heteronormative place called "everywhere except US and parts of Europe".

Have we already reached the part of queerness tech where they start re-inventing things that have already existed?
You missed the last quote, where she literally reverted "queer" back to its original use before it was associated with homosexuality:
You don't have to identify as queer to embrace that mindset, adds Seymour. "It's more like taking queer in a slightly more theoretical, broad umbrella kind of way as just meaning non-normative," she says.
She's an English Lit professor. :lol

Can't wait for this brand new, never before imagined way to use Queer to be decried as appropriation.

BIONIC

Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #44352 on: March 13, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-still-something-weird-about-leon-going-into-a-village-and-blasting-everything-to-pieces.696400/

:social2
Not as weird as some plumber from Brooklyn heading into a sovereign kingdom to kill gobs of its citizens just to rescue some princess from another kingdom he's never been to before.

At least the villagers try to kill him immediately rather than just wander back in forth in place.

marrec

« Reply #44353 on: March 13, 2023, 01:44:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-still-something-weird-about-leon-going-into-a-village-and-blasting-everything-to-pieces.696400/

:social2
Not as weird as some plumber from Brooklyn heading into a sovereign kingdom to kill gobs of its citizens just to rescue some princess from another kingdom he's never been to before.

At least the villagers try to kill him immediately rather than just wander back in forth in place.

Mario's a union guy so he gets a pass. Leon's a cop and ACAB.

benjipwns

« Reply #44354 on: March 13, 2023, 01:52:18 PM »
You saying Raccoon City's police aren't organized?

Although that city name is a little sus now that I think about it.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44355 on: March 13, 2023, 02:04:58 PM »
Early on, protagonists Claire and Leon hear a radio message instructing all citizens to head for the station.

That notion is wild, the police station as fortress/safe haven is laughably naive (particularly for people of color). It certainly was in the 90s as well, and really, when has policing in America ever actually been about keeping neighborhoods safe as opposed to keeping a racist status quo up and running?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/59xgqz/resident-evil-2-survivor-compassion

:piss :piss2

benjipwns

« Reply #44356 on: March 13, 2023, 02:20:39 PM »
Someone always brings it up at least once but I think it's funny how they grasp for straws about everything in RE4 but how the Spanish is wrong even though this has been known for almost two decades now.

It's almost as funny as how they're still trying to figure out how RE5 is racist when that's been the narrative ever since they first showed the game but nobody has figured out how yet. And weirdly nobody levels this at Far Cry 2 even though it's arguably far more stereotypical about Africa and the main characters are all foreigners. :lol

Polident Hive

« Reply #44357 on: March 13, 2023, 02:53:57 PM »
in somebody’s defense, far cry 2 has you playing an amoral mercenary. not some heroic guy. then again if context mattered, people inexplicably calling far cry 3 a white savior story would hold no weight.

marrec

« Reply #44358 on: March 13, 2023, 03:00:38 PM »
Someone always brings it up at least once but I think it's funny how they grasp for straws about everything in RE4 but how the Spanish is wrong even though this has been known for almost two decades now.

It's almost as funny as how they're still trying to figure out how RE5 is racist when that's been the narrative ever since they first showed the game but nobody has figured out how yet. And weirdly nobody levels this at Far Cry 2 even though it's arguably far more stereotypical about Africa and the main characters are all foreigners. :lol

The inevitable RE5 Remake is going to give people a brand new swing at this age old problem.

benjipwns

« Reply #44359 on: March 13, 2023, 03:09:09 PM »
in somebody’s defense, far cry 2 has you playing an amoral mercenary. not some heroic guy. then again if context mattered, people inexplicably calling far cry 3 a white savior story would hold no weight.
That's actually what I mean though, all the characters on both sides of the story in Far Cry 2 are foreigners come to exploit the situation and the actual locals ask you all to leave "if you truly want to help" but you just go FFFFFUUUUUCKKKK OOOOFFFFOOOOOFFFF! :lol

Far Cry 4's hidden ending plays this straight to subvert it! :american

edit
Remember when everyone was outraged thinking Far Cry 4 was anti-gay. :doge
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:16:21 PM by benjipwns »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44360 on: March 13, 2023, 03:19:04 PM »
Wasn't Far Cry 2 based on Heart of Darkness?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44361 on: March 13, 2023, 03:30:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-watching-this-my-hype-for-insomniacs-spider-man-2-has-dropped.695395/
:cop User banned (2 months): Ableism over multiple posts
Quote from:  BRVR

https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-watching-this-my-hype-for-insomniacs-spider-man-2-has-dropped.695395/#post-102500911
Quote from: Lightning Count
That’s ableist as fuck. As someone who got bullied as a kid for having ADHD and cerebral palsy this is triggering some bad memories.

Reported.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #44362 on: March 13, 2023, 03:31:13 PM »
Both it and Spec Ops are somewhat loosely based on it. (Or Apocalypse Now.)

Funny enough on that, Spec Ops is regularly praised for being mildly subversive because of its twist but almost nobody seems to ever mention Far Cry 2 either positively or negatively when it both subverts (the locals and aid groups tell you all to just fucking leave instead of continuing your revenge quest) and upholds many of the genre tropes. (For example, you wind up killing a lot of innocents and turn the entire region into an active war zone because of your obsession with bringing down The Jackal for what he did to you personally that you justify with what he "does" to the region by being an arms dealer. The much maligned checkpoints are because of the random chaos you've brought to the region.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:37:08 PM by benjipwns »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44363 on: March 13, 2023, 03:31:47 PM »
It's almost as funny as how they're still trying to figure out how RE5 is racist when that's been the narrative ever since they first showed the game but nobody has figured out how yet.
N'Gai Croal was a harbinger of the brain worms to come.

I'm convinced that at least half the reason US journalism at large is in the sad and sorry state it's in now is because so many of the people in it hail from San Francisco and NYC.  Not all people from there are insular ivory-tower idiots, but I fathom most are.
[close]

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44364 on: March 13, 2023, 03:35:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-pok%C3%A9mon-company-is-looking-for-a-corporate-development-principal-with-deep-knowledge-of-web3-and-nft-technology-including-metaverse.696445/#post-102584695

:cop User Banned (1 week): drive-by posting, metacommentary
Quote from: Vylder
Willing to bet at least one user will defend this.. :)

ctrl+f Serebii on the next page. :lol
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44365 on: March 13, 2023, 03:42:05 PM »
It's almost as funny as how they're still trying to figure out how RE5 is racist when that's been the narrative ever since they first showed the game but nobody has figured out how yet.

I'm convinced that at least half the reason US journalism at large is in the sad and sorry state it's in now is because so many of the people in it hail from San Francisco and NYC.  Not all people from there are insular ivory-tower idiots, but I fathom most are.
[close]
That's a name I haven't heard in forever. That guy was a fucking idiot.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44366 on: March 13, 2023, 03:47:22 PM »

[close]
Of course as expected, IIRC, he's been Twitter dragged for coming out against some of the "woke" stuff that consumes the time and focus of journalists online. Perhaps coincidentally, he hasn't worked in journalism since 2009 and he now works at Microsoft.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44367 on: March 13, 2023, 03:53:20 PM »

[close]
Of course as expected, IIRC, he's been Twitter dragged for coming out against some of the "woke" stuff that consumes the time and focus of journalists online. Perhaps coincidentally, he hasn't worked in journalism since 2009 and he now works at Microsoft.
Lol. That's like Paris Hilton complaining about influencers.
Spud

marrec

« Reply #44368 on: March 13, 2023, 03:54:59 PM »

[close]

It's almost as if we shouldn't be allocating too much of our serious thought toward terminally online recent graduates of secondary schools that are trying to practice theory in a practical sense for the first time in public. Time tempers theory in application and eventually you look back and realize you were a giant fucking moron who shouldn't have been paid to write anything.

Well those and grifters.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44369 on: March 13, 2023, 03:59:57 PM »

[close]

It's almost as if we shouldn't be allocating too much of our serious thought toward terminally online recent graduates of secondary schools that are trying to practice theory in a practical sense for the first time in public. Time tempers theory in application and eventually you look back and realize you were a giant fucking moron who shouldn't have been paid to write anything.

Well those and grifters.
What branch of journalism theory teaches biased activist ranting over impartial balanced reporting though?
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44370 on: March 13, 2023, 04:02:13 PM »
Oof, another transphobe writer exposed themselves:
I read the first Harry Potter novel and thought it extraordinary. I felt something old and wise, fresh and exciting had been offered humanity. Life with its vicissitudes prevented reading volumes that followed.

I consider J.K. Rowling perfectly within her rights as a human being of obvious caring for humanity to express her views about whatever is of concern to her. As she has done.

I also believe that listening to each other before going for the match would put some distance between us and the Middle Ages.

As an Elder (which I take seriously), I must remind us that there is no “right witch” to burn.  Perhaps only our own lack of awareness of being erased, long before robotic  AI “females” were foisted upon society’s consciousness, primarily as slaves, workers, and sex toys.  By this I mean, for instance, that “woman” for whatever sinister reason was being erased in language well before she/her was being disappeared from dictionaries and society. 

The use of “guy” for both male and female eroded the ability of children to easily feel confident in which gender they were. From that confusion, considered irrelevant, apparently, to the forming of young minds, has come much cutting off of parts and restructuring of essential physical equipment. If such restructuring is freely chosen at eighteen or twenty, at least there is a sense the person involved may have lived long enough to know, definitely, what is desired.  Younger than that, I feel there may in fact be reason, later on, to mourn and weep. After all, the human body is a miracle, of whatever sex, tampering with a miracle is unlikely to serve us.~aw

But I can see why she supports Joanne:
In 2013, the Anti-Defamation League called anti-person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation essays in Walker's book The Cushion in the Road "replete with fervently anti-Jewish ideas" and said Walker was "unabashedly infected with anti-Semitism".[50][51]

In 2017, Walker published a poem on her blog entitled "It Is Our (Frightful) Duty to Study The Talmud", recommending that the reader should start with YouTube to learn about the allegedly shocking aspects of the Talmud, describing it as "poison". The poem used antisemitic tropes and arguments.[52][53][54] In it, she also "describes her reaction when a Jewish friend", later stated to be her ex-husband, accused her "of appearing to be antisemitic".[55]

In 2018, Walker was asked by an interviewer from The New York Times Book Review "What books are on your nightstand?" She listed Icke's And the Truth Shall Set You Free, a book promoting an antisemitic conspiracy theory which draws on The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and questions the Holocaust. Walker said: "In Icke's books there is the whole of existence, on this planet and several others, to think about. A curious person's dream come true."[56][57] The publication of the interview in the "By the Book" weekly column generated significant criticism of Walker and the New York Times Book Review.[58] The Review was criticized both for publishing the interview at all and for failing to contextualize And the Truth Shall Set You Free as an antisemitic work.[59] Walker defended her admiration for Icke and his book, saying: "I do not believe he is anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish".[60] Walker argued that any "attempt to smear David Icke, and by association, me, is really an effort to dampen the effect of our speaking out in support of the people of Palestine".[61] Following the controversy Roxane Gay argued that "Alice Walker has been anti-Semitic for years". The NYT released a statement that the contents of the interview "do not imply an endorsement by Times editors".[62]

Polident Hive

« Reply #44371 on: March 13, 2023, 04:05:07 PM »
Both it and Spec Ops are somewhat loosely based on it. (Or Apocalypse Now.)

Funny enough on that, Spec Ops is regularly praised for being mildly subversive because of its twist but almost nobody seems to ever mention Far Cry 2 either positively or negatively when it both subverts (the locals and aid groups tell you all to just fucking leave instead of continuing your revenge quest) and upholds many of the genre tropes. (For example, you wind up killing a lot of innocents and turn the entire region into an active war zone because of your obsession with bringing down The Jackal for what he did to you personally that you justify with what he "does" to the region by being an arms dealer. The much maligned checkpoints are because of the random chaos you've brought to the region.)

Yeah. I like both a lot. Think Spec Ops gets more attention by mostly telling its story through cinematic conventions.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #44372 on: March 13, 2023, 04:07:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/an-8-year-old-learned-his-waffle-house-waiter-was-living-in-a-motel-hes-raised-over-100k-for-him.696529/

Really surprised Excel isn't in that thread berating this 8 year old for helping some guy and getting internet points for it, but she's probably scouring Twitter as I type this to find any connection he has to the Rainforest Alliance.
Fish<

benjipwns

« Reply #44373 on: March 13, 2023, 04:16:42 PM »
What branch of journalism theory teaches biased activist ranting over impartial balanced reporting though?
You're thinking of journalism circa 1950 or something dude.

https://cronkitenewslab.com/digital/2023/01/26/beyond-objectivity/
"[W]hen misunderstood, journalistic ‘objectivity’ or ‘balance’ can lead to so-called ‘bothsides-ism’ – a dangerous trap when covering issues like climate change or the intensifying assault on democracy," co-authors Leonard Downie Jr. and Andrew Heyward wrote in the report's introduction.
"Objectivity was wrong, a failed concept," former Atlanta Journal-Constitution editor turned ASU journalism professor Julie Wallace said. "It was a mistake to head down the path of dishonest objectivity."

"Objectivity is not even possible," ProPublica editor-in-chief Stephen Engelberg said. "I don’t even know what it means."

"The journalist’s job is truth, not objectivity," The Marshall Project founder Neil Barsky insisted. "It is getting close to the reality, notwithstanding that we all have biases and passions."

"The consensus among younger journalists is that we got it all wrong… We are the problem. Objectivity has got to go," The San Francisco Chronicle editor-in-chief Emilio Garcia-Ruiz similarly expressed. "They are willing to share their lived experiences to call out bulls---, despite their status in the newsroom. There can sometimes be a chasm between them and the older veteran reporters."

St. Louis Post-Dispatch sports editor Erik Hall also noted the "age divide growing" in the newsroom, saying, "I think more veteran journalists think ‘objective’ means tell both sides. And I think a younger generation is coming up feeling strongly that, on some issues, there is a fair way to tell it, and telling both sides isn’t the fair, or fairest, way to tell a story."

Former Associated Press executive editor Kathleen Carroll said "objectivity" reflects the viewpoint of wealthy White men and hasn't sued the term since the 1970s.

"It’s objective by whose standards? And that standard seems to be White, educated, fairly wealthy guys," Carroll said. "And when people don’t feel like they find themselves in news coverage, it’s because they don’t meet that definition."

The 19th co-founder Emily Ramshaw similarly viewed objectivity as being seen "through the lens of largely White, straight men."

Saeed Ahmed, NPR's former director of digital news, viewed objectivity through a racial identity lens, saying, "As a journalist of color, I have been told time and again that my identity doesn’t matter, that I have to shed it all to worship at the altar of objectivity," adding, "I bristle at that notion. My lived experiences should inform what I cover."

Journalist Wesley Lowery previously wrote that the media "has allowed what it considers objective truth to be decided almost exclusively by white reporters and their mostly white bosses. And those selective truths have been calibrated to avoid offending the sensibilities of white readers."

In the report's conclusion, Downie Jr. and Heyward, former bosses at The Washington Post and CBS News respectively, wrote, "[J]ournalism must address the needs and aspirations of our increasingly diverse society more effectively than it has in the past. That means striving to reach not only an audience, but all audiences, and no longer with one-size-fits all, traditionally White male ‘objectivity,’ a journalistic concept that has lost its relevance."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/01/30/newsrooms-news-reporting-objectivity-diversity/
To better understand the changes happening now, I and former CBS News president Andrew Heyward, a colleague at Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, investigated the values and practices in mainstream newsrooms today, with a grant from the Stanton Foundation. What we found has convinced us that truth-seeking news media must move beyond whatever “objectivity” once meant to produce more trustworthy news. We interviewed more than 75 news leaders, journalists and other experts in mainstream print, broadcast and digital news media, many of whom also advocate such a change. This appears to be the beginning of another generational shift in American journalism.

Among the news leaders who told Heyward and me that they had rejected objectivity as a coverage standard was Kathleen Carroll, former executive editor of the Associated Press. “It’s objective by whose standard?” she asked. “That standard seems to be White, educated, fairly wealthy. … And when people don’t feel like they find themselves in news coverage, it’s because they don’t fit that definition.”

More and more journalists of color and younger White reporters, including LGBTQ+ people, in increasingly diverse newsrooms believe that the concept of objectivity has prevented truly accurate reporting informed by their own backgrounds, experiences and points of view.
At USA Today, editor in chief Nicole Carroll told us she seeks a diversity of staff participants, experiences and views in daily brainstorming sessions about news coverage. In these discussions, Carroll said, she and her editors “have found more value in diverse people’s lived experiences.” She has no prohibitions against staff members working on stories involving their identities or life experiences unless they demonstrate a strong bias.

At the Los Angeles Times, reporters and editors have many personal identities, explained editor Kevin Merida. “We find ways for our journalists to share more of that,” including first-person essays on the front page. He cited a Latina reporter’s story about the low vaccination rate in her community and a gay police reporter’s story about his own marriage and a potential U.S. Supreme Court threat to the legality of same-sex marriages.

https://stanforddaily.com/2020/08/20/should-journalists-rethink-objectivity-stanford-professors-weigh-in/
“Journalists need to be overt and candid advocates for social justice, and it’s hard to do that under the constraints of objectivity,” said Ted Glasser, communications professor at Stanford, in an interview with The Daily.
“[Journalists] are so hell-bent on being ‘objective’ for both sides … they can’t tell the truth,” Jefferson said.

Jefferson described journalists having to “pretend racial inequality isn’t normatively bad” or “Black people in this country [don’t] face a criminal justice system that’s grossly unequal” to appear objective in their reporting. Unsurprisingly, Jefferson said, journalists fail in their duty to be truth-tellers because of their duty to be objective.
The dilemma between “truth” and “objectivity” has brought attention to a new principle: “moral clarity.” New Yorker staff writer Masha Gessen suggests in the piece “Why Are Some Journalists Afraid of ‘Moral Clarity?’” that journalists should seek moral clarity instead of the opinion A vs. opinion B reporting that Jefferson sees as what passes for objectivity today. Gessen adopts the definition of moral clarity from Susan Neiman, the author of a book on moral clarity.

According to Neiman, moral clarity arises after a writer assesses the facts and context of a particular situation, makes a moral judgment about it and includes that judgment in his or her article. With moral clarity, a journalist could make statements that, say, the criminal justice system is unfair to Black people or that racism is bad because the journalist holds that these claims are, at their root, fact-based claims — despite political polarization that could lead one to see the statements as biased.

Wesley Lowery, who has served as a national correspondent for the Washington Post, has been a prominent voice in the moral clarity versus objectivity debate.

Lowery wrote in a tweet, “American view-from-nowhere, “objectivity”-obsessed, both-sides journalism is a failed experiment…The old way must go. We need to rebuild our industry as one that operates from a place of moral clarity.”
Glasser disagreed. For him, objectivity and social justice are in conflict, and he urged that journalism “free itself from this notion of objectivity to develop a sense of social justice.”

Jefferson said that objectivity is not often practiced equitably. In the real world, he said, only “people of color, queer people, women, and so on have their commitment to objectivity questioned.” This discrimination happens, he said, because society perceives objectivity as neutral, and people don’t associate straight, white men with identities that interfere with neutrality.

“There’s this assumption that if you really want objective journalism, just give me a staid, white person,” Jefferson said.

But that, Jefferson said, is obviously wrong: Like everyone else, a white man “comes to his work as a journalist with attitudes, beliefs, preferences and identities … that structure his own thinking about the world.”

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44374 on: March 13, 2023, 04:24:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/an-8-year-old-learned-his-waffle-house-waiter-was-living-in-a-motel-hes-raised-over-100k-for-him.696529/

Really surprised Excel isn't in that thread berating this 8 year old for helping some guy and getting internet points for it, but she's probably scouring Twitter as I type this to find any connection he has to the Rainforest Alliance.

Kid obviously has a White saviour complex. Is that Shinobi's kid or another racist 8 year old?
OBE

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44375 on: March 13, 2023, 04:29:16 PM »

I'm surprised that they haven't complained yet that rural Spain in RE4 is all white. Or maybe in that case they'd consider it racist if they added black enemies? I know with Far Cry 5 some were suddenly saying "Hey why is this place diverse"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/paxwzg/wait-why-are-there-so-many-black-people-in-far-cry-5

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #44376 on: March 13, 2023, 04:58:21 PM »
 So Montana has more black people than 15th century Bohemia? Big, if true.
Oi Oi

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #44377 on: March 13, 2023, 05:34:42 PM »
So Montana has more black people than 15th century Bohemia? Big, if true.

big sky if true
rub

PogiJones

« Reply #44378 on: March 13, 2023, 05:58:03 PM »

"[W]hen misunderstood, journalistic ‘objectivity’ or ‘balance’ can lead to so-called ‘bothsides-ism’ – a dangerous trap when covering issues like climate change or the intensifying assault on democracy," co-authors Leonard Downie Jr. and Andrew Heyward wrote in the report's introduction.
"Objectivity was wrong, a failed concept," former Atlanta Journal-Constitution editor turned ASU journalism professor Julie Wallace said. "It was a mistake to head down the path of dishonest objectivity."

"Objectivity is not even possible," ProPublica editor-in-chief Stephen Engelberg said. "I don’t even know what it means."

"The journalist’s job is truth, not objectivity," The Marshall Project founder Neil Barsky insisted. "It is getting close to the reality, notwithstanding that we all have biases and passions."

"The consensus among younger journalists is that we got it all wrong… We are the problem. Objectivity has got to go," The San Francisco Chronicle editor-in-chief Emilio Garcia-Ruiz similarly expressed. "They are willing to share their lived experiences to call out bulls---, despite their status in the newsroom. There can sometimes be a chasm between them and the older veteran reporters."

St. Louis Post-Dispatch sports editor Erik Hall also noted the "age divide growing" in the newsroom, saying, "I think more veteran journalists think ‘objective’ means tell both sides. And I think a younger generation is coming up feeling strongly that, on some issues, there is a fair way to tell it, and telling both sides isn’t the fair, or fairest, way to tell a story."

Former Associated Press executive editor Kathleen Carroll said "objectivity" reflects the viewpoint of wealthy White men and hasn't sued the term since the 1970s.

"It’s objective by whose standards? And that standard seems to be White, educated, fairly wealthy guys," Carroll said. "And when people don’t feel like they find themselves in news coverage, it’s because they don’t meet that definition."

The 19th co-founder Emily Ramshaw similarly viewed objectivity as being seen "through the lens of largely White, straight men."

Saeed Ahmed, NPR's former director of digital news, viewed objectivity through a racial identity lens, saying, "As a journalist of color, I have been told time and again that my identity doesn’t matter, that I have to shed it all to worship at the altar of objectivity," adding, "I bristle at that notion. My lived experiences should inform what I cover."

Journalist Wesley Lowery previously wrote that the media "has allowed what it considers objective truth to be decided almost exclusively by white reporters and their mostly white bosses. And those selective truths have been calibrated to avoid offending the sensibilities of white readers."

In the report's conclusion, Downie Jr. and Heyward, former bosses at The Washington Post and CBS News respectively, wrote, "[J]ournalism must address the needs and aspirations of our increasingly diverse society more effectively than it has in the past. That means striving to reach not only an audience, but all audiences, and no longer with one-size-fits all, traditionally White male ‘objectivity,’ a journalistic concept that has lost its relevance."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/01/30/newsrooms-news-reporting-objectivity-diversity/
To better understand the changes happening now, I and former CBS News president Andrew Heyward, a colleague at Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, investigated the values and practices in mainstream newsrooms today, with a grant from the Stanton Foundation. What we found has convinced us that truth-seeking news media must move beyond whatever “objectivity” once meant to produce more trustworthy news. We interviewed more than 75 news leaders, journalists and other experts in mainstream print, broadcast and digital news media, many of whom also advocate such a change. This appears to be the beginning of another generational shift in American journalism.

Among the news leaders who told Heyward and me that they had rejected objectivity as a coverage standard was Kathleen Carroll, former executive editor of the Associated Press. “It’s objective by whose standard?” she asked. “That standard seems to be White, educated, fairly wealthy. … And when people don’t feel like they find themselves in news coverage, it’s because they don’t fit that definition.”

More and more journalists of color and younger White reporters, including LGBTQ+ people, in increasingly diverse newsrooms believe that the concept of objectivity has prevented truly accurate reporting informed by their own backgrounds, experiences and points of view.
At USA Today, editor in chief Nicole Carroll told us she seeks a diversity of staff participants, experiences and views in daily brainstorming sessions about news coverage. In these discussions, Carroll said, she and her editors “have found more value in diverse people’s lived experiences.” She has no prohibitions against staff members working on stories involving their identities or life experiences unless they demonstrate a strong bias.

At the Los Angeles Times, reporters and editors have many personal identities, explained editor Kevin Merida. “We find ways for our journalists to share more of that,” including first-person essays on the front page. He cited a Latina reporter’s story about the low vaccination rate in her community and a gay police reporter’s story about his own marriage and a potential U.S. Supreme Court threat to the legality of same-sex marriages.

https://stanforddaily.com/2020/08/20/should-journalists-rethink-objectivity-stanford-professors-weigh-in/
“Journalists need to be overt and candid advocates for social justice, and it’s hard to do that under the constraints of objectivity,” said Ted Glasser, communications professor at Stanford, in an interview with The Daily.
“[Journalists] are so hell-bent on being ‘objective’ for both sides … they can’t tell the truth,” Jefferson said.

Jefferson described journalists having to “pretend racial inequality isn’t normatively bad” or “Black people in this country [don’t] face a criminal justice system that’s grossly unequal” to appear objective in their reporting. Unsurprisingly, Jefferson said, journalists fail in their duty to be truth-tellers because of their duty to be objective.
The dilemma between “truth” and “objectivity” has brought attention to a new principle: “moral clarity.” New Yorker staff writer Masha Gessen suggests in the piece “Why Are Some Journalists Afraid of ‘Moral Clarity?’” that journalists should seek moral clarity instead of the opinion A vs. opinion B reporting that Jefferson sees as what passes for objectivity today. Gessen adopts the definition of moral clarity from Susan Neiman, the author of a book on moral clarity.

According to Neiman, moral clarity arises after a writer assesses the facts and context of a particular situation, makes a moral judgment about it and includes that judgment in his or her article. With moral clarity, a journalist could make statements that, say, the criminal justice system is unfair to Black people or that racism is bad because the journalist holds that these claims are, at their root, fact-based claims — despite political polarization that could lead one to see the statements as biased.

Wesley Lowery, who has served as a national correspondent for the Washington Post, has been a prominent voice in the moral clarity versus objectivity debate.

Lowery wrote in a tweet, “American view-from-nowhere, “objectivity”-obsessed, both-sides journalism is a failed experiment…The old way must go. We need to rebuild our industry as one that operates from a place of moral clarity.”
Glasser disagreed. For him, objectivity and social justice are in conflict, and he urged that journalism “free itself from this notion of objectivity to develop a sense of social justice.”

Jefferson said that objectivity is not often practiced equitably. In the real world, he said, only “people of color, queer people, women, and so on have their commitment to objectivity questioned.” This discrimination happens, he said, because society perceives objectivity as neutral, and people don’t associate straight, white men with identities that interfere with neutrality.

“There’s this assumption that if you really want objective journalism, just give me a staid, white person,” Jefferson said.

But that, Jefferson said, is obviously wrong: Like everyone else, a white man “comes to his work as a journalist with attitudes, beliefs, preferences and identities … that structure his own thinking about the world.”

My undergrad was in broadcast journalism, so this post is incredibly depressing to me.

« Reply #44379 on: March 13, 2023, 06:33:03 PM »
I read the first Harry Potter novel and thought it extraordinary. I felt something old and wise, fresh and exciting had been offered humanity. Life with its vicissitudes prevented reading volumes that followed.

I consider J.K. Rowling perfectly within her rights as a human being of obvious caring for humanity to express her views about whatever is of concern to her. As she has done.

I also believe that listening to each other before going for the match would put some distance between us and the Middle Ages.

As an Elder (which I take seriously), I must remind us that there is no “right witch” to burn.  Perhaps only our own lack of awareness of being erased, long before robotic  AI “females” were foisted upon society’s consciousness, primarily as slaves, workers, and sex toys.  By this I mean, for instance, that “woman” for whatever sinister reason was being erased in language well before she/her was being disappeared from dictionaries and society. 

The use of “guy” for both male and female eroded the ability of children to easily feel confident in which gender they were. From that confusion, considered irrelevant, apparently, to the forming of young minds, has come much cutting off of parts and restructuring of essential physical equipment. If such restructuring is freely chosen at eighteen or twenty, at least there is a sense the person involved may have lived long enough to know, definitely, what is desired.  Younger than that, I feel there may in fact be reason, later on, to mourn and weep. After all, the human body is a miracle, of whatever sex, tampering with a miracle is unlikely to serve us.~aw

In 2013, the Anti-Defamation League called anti-person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation essays in Walker's book The Cushion in the Road "replete with fervently anti-Jewish ideas" and said Walker was "unabashedly infected with anti-Semitism".[50][51]

In 2017, Walker published a poem on her blog entitled "It Is Our (Frightful) Duty to Study The Talmud", recommending that the reader should start with YouTube to learn about the allegedly shocking aspects of the Talmud, describing it as "poison". The poem used antisemitic tropes and arguments.[52][53][54] In it, she also "describes her reaction when a Jewish friend", later stated to be her ex-husband, accused her "of appearing to be antisemitic".[55]

In 2018, Walker was asked by an interviewer from The New York Times Book Review "What books are on your nightstand?" She listed Icke's And the Truth Shall Set You Free, a book promoting an antisemitic conspiracy theory which draws on The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and questions the Holocaust. Walker said: "In Icke's books there is the whole of existence, on this planet and several others, to think about. A curious person's dream come true."[56][57] The publication of the interview in the "By the Book" weekly column generated significant criticism of Walker and the New York Times Book Review.[58] The Review was criticized both for publishing the interview at all and for failing to contextualize And the Truth Shall Set You Free as an antisemitic work.[59] Walker defended her admiration for Icke and his book, saying: "I do not believe he is anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish".[60] Walker argued that any "attempt to smear David Icke, and by association, me, is really an effort to dampen the effect of our speaking out in support of the people of Palestine".[61] Following the controversy Roxane Gay argued that "Alice Walker has been anti-Semitic for years". The NYT released a statement that the contents of the interview "do not imply an endorsement by Times editors".[62]

The issue of gender identity is a complex and sensitive topic that requires careful consideration and respect for all perspectives. While it is crucial to acknowledge and address discrimination and mistreatment of transgender individuals, it is also important to recognize that there are differing opinions and perspectives on the matter.

Unfortunately, the current state of the discourse on transgender issues is highly polarized, with the left and right wings of politics both heavily invested in promoting their own views on the matter. As a result, the moderate voices in the debate have been largely drowned out, and the conversation has become increasingly divisive and hostile.

On one hand, it is undeniable that there are those on the right who harbor a deep-seated animosity towards the transgender community, and who seek to deny their very existence. This kind of bigotry is reprehensible and should be unequivocally condemned by all people of conscience.

On the other hand, it is equally important to recognize that the left wing of politics has played a role in exacerbating the situation by weaponizing the right wing's bigotry and lumping all those who hold a more moderate view in with the extremist elements of the right. This tactic serves only to further entrench positions and make any productive dialogue on the issue impossible.

At the heart of the debate are a number of issues that continue to be contested, including the use of public restrooms by transgender individuals, the participation of transgender athletes in gendered sports, and the gender affirmation of young children. While there is certainly no shortage of opinions on these topics, it is important to remember that the debate is far from over and that all perspectives should be given due consideration.

As a moderate myself, I believe that it is essential to keep an open mind and to approach the issue with compassion and understanding for all those involved. Transgender individuals should not be discriminated against or denied their basic rights as human beings, but at the same time, it is important to acknowledge the concerns of those who may be uncomfortable or uncertain about the issue.

The left wing's attempt to shut down the debate and force a single viewpoint on the matter is not only counterproductive but also authoritarian. It is essential that we maintain a space for respectful dialogue and debate on these issues, even as we work to combat discrimination and promote greater understanding and acceptance of transgender individuals.

Moreover, it is important to recognize that the conversation on transgender issues is not just limited to the dominant cultural discourse that has emerged in predominantly white, Western countries. There are many minority religious and non-religious communities that hold differing perspectives on the issue, and these voices deserve to be heard and respected as well.

In conclusion, the transgender debate is far from over, and it is important that we approach the issue with compassion, understanding, and a commitment to respectful dialogue. While there may be no easy answers, we must remain vigilant in the face of bigotry and discrimination, while also being open to the perspectives of those who may hold a more moderate or nuanced view on the matter. It is only through this kind of honest and open conversation that we can hope to achieve a greater understanding of transgender issues and work towards a more just and equitable world for all.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44380 on: March 13, 2023, 06:35:52 PM »

The issue of gender identity is a complex and sensitive topic that requires careful consideration and respect for all perspectives. While it is crucial to acknowledge and address discrimination and mistreatment of transgender individuals, it is also important to recognize that there are differing opinions and perspectives on the matter.

Unfortunately, the current state of the discourse on transgender issues is highly polarized, with the left and right wings of politics both heavily invested in promoting their own views on the matter. As a result, the moderate voices in the debate have been largely drowned out, and the conversation has become increasingly divisive and hostile.

On one hand, it is undeniable that there are those on the right who harbor a deep-seated animosity towards the transgender community, and who seek to deny their very existence. This kind of bigotry is reprehensible and should be unequivocally condemned by all people of conscience.

On the other hand, it is equally important to recognize that the left wing of politics has played a role in exacerbating the situation by weaponizing the right wing's bigotry and lumping all those who hold a more moderate view in with the extremist elements of the right. This tactic serves only to further entrench positions and make any productive dialogue on the issue impossible.

At the heart of the debate are a number of issues that continue to be contested, including the use of public restrooms by transgender individuals, the participation of transgender athletes in gendered sports, and the gender affirmation of young children. While there is certainly no shortage of opinions on these topics, it is important to remember that the debate is far from over and that all perspectives should be given due consideration.

As a moderate myself, I believe that it is essential to keep an open mind and to approach the issue with compassion and understanding for all those involved. Transgender individuals should not be discriminated against or denied their basic rights as human beings, but at the same time, it is important to acknowledge the concerns of those who may be uncomfortable or uncertain about the issue.

The left wing's attempt to shut down the debate and force a single viewpoint on the matter is not only counterproductive but also authoritarian. It is essential that we maintain a space for respectful dialogue and debate on these issues, even as we work to combat discrimination and promote greater understanding and acceptance of transgender individuals.

Moreover, it is important to recognize that the conversation on transgender issues is not just limited to the dominant cultural discourse that has emerged in predominantly white, Western countries. There are many minority religious and non-religious communities that hold differing perspectives on the issue, and these voices deserve to be heard and respected as well.

In conclusion, the transgender debate is far from over, and it is important that we approach the issue with compassion, understanding, and a commitment to respectful dialogue. While there may be no easy answers, we must remain vigilant in the face of bigotry and discrimination, while also being open to the perspectives of those who may hold a more moderate or nuanced view on the matter. It is only through this kind of honest and open conversation that we can hope to achieve a greater understanding of transgender issues and work towards a more just and equitable world for all.
post this on Ree and chatgpt/AI would be officially banned.

benjipwns

« Reply #44381 on: March 13, 2023, 06:43:09 PM »
ChatGPT out here trying to BOTH SIDES things with white cishet male objectivity instead of accepting the truth of diverse lived experiences. :bolo

Boredfrom

« Reply #44382 on: March 13, 2023, 06:52:25 PM »

« Reply #44383 on: March 13, 2023, 07:02:41 PM »
Daily Beast: King when they manipulate JK Rowling Podcast

Daily Beast: Peasant when they mislead everyone about Trump indictment

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44384 on: March 13, 2023, 07:06:22 PM »
I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam!
Please get him on RICO charges. Please.
Send him to fucking jail.

Live feed of Donny Trump wiggling himself out of the jam

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1635410491907637252
🤴

Yulwei

« Reply #44385 on: March 13, 2023, 07:39:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-pok%C3%A9mon-company-is-looking-for-a-corporate-development-principal-with-deep-knowledge-of-web3-and-nft-technology-including-metaverse.696445/#post-102584695

:cop User Banned (1 week): drive-by posting, metacommentary
Quote from: Vylder
Willing to bet at least one user will defend this.. :)

ctrl+f Serebii on the next page. :lol

Lmao
Gotta love how if you call out any of the numerous unrepentant corporate shills on that forum you will instantly get banned for harassment or "metacommentary"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #44388 on: March 13, 2023, 07:44:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/indictment-watch-breaking-news-the-manhattan-trump-grand-jury-is-hearing-from-jennifer-weisselberg-today.696487/page-4#post-102608086

Daily beast sure has gone to shit.
I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam!
Please get him on RICO charges. Please.
Send him to fucking jail.
Uh, they didn't know the DA is investigating the company not Trump personally?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44389 on: March 13, 2023, 07:48:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/#post-102610216

Quote from: Emperor Totoro
And that’s why they’re suing. Movie bombed. Was trash film though and they need an escape goat

:teehee
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44390 on: March 13, 2023, 07:53:26 PM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #44391 on: March 13, 2023, 07:59:44 PM »
The decision by prosecutors to put them on the stand behind closed doors—something they've avoided doing for years in previous iterations of this investigation—indicates that Trump could be criminally indicted in the coming days, according to two people close to the investigation.

"Looks like they are turning over every stone," one of those people said, on condition of anonymity.
Amazing sourcing as always!

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44392 on: March 13, 2023, 08:15:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/#post-102610216

Quote from: Emperor Totoro
And that’s why they’re suing. Movie bombed. Was trash film though and they need an escape goat

the usual suspects are all in that thread. do they have google alerts set up for whenever marvel is mentioned on ree?

marrec

« Reply #44393 on: March 13, 2023, 09:07:19 PM »

I can’t believe ChatGPT plagiarized me but I can’t sue because then I’d have to prove in court that I’m transphobic  :stahp :stahp

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44396 on: March 13, 2023, 10:05:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-studios-request-court-to-issue-a-subpoena-to-reddit-regarding-ant-man-and-other-mcu-leaks-mss-subreddit-now-closed.696601/page-2#post-102614884

Quote from: BloodRayne
Quote from: Chumunga64
jokes about the movie aside, the leaks most likely didn't do that much damage since the film had a really good opening weekend

the reason why ant man 3 bombed was because people watched it and went "this stinks"
You forgot to mention the online hate campaign against the movie
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 10:09:45 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #44397 on: March 13, 2023, 10:15:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-store-february-2023%E2%80%99s-top-downloads.695317/#post-102457426
(Image removed from quote.)

Quote from: TheCed, post: 102480727, member: 16317
This is getting ridiculous...
It's just a game...

Oh well.

On another note,
Should I be worried that Theatrhythm Isn't showing anywhere? I know it released mid month but, I don't know I would've expected it to do better.

You’re slacking mod admiral ::)

Those who sow dissent must be dealt with appropriately :nothot
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44398 on: March 13, 2023, 10:22:53 PM »

Fuck I hate academics...
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #44399 on: March 13, 2023, 10:25:08 PM »
 ???

Do you hate Benji?