Author Topic: Darksiders 3 is happening  (Read 3216 times)

Wrath2X

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Darksiders 3 is happening
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 12:59:27 PM »
Too bad it's another prequel!
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »
Excited for this even though I didn't really fuck with 2 that much.

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 02:16:31 PM »
One of these days I'll play this series.  All the lukewarm impressions of II kinda dissuaded me after the positive talk on I.  Will see how III turns out and if it's good I'll get on board.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »
The first one was a pretty good Zelda-esque action-rpg with puzzles and platforming. It's definitely worth getting, especially with the recently-released Warmastered Edition.
dog

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
If they bring back the horse and let me trample demons in big open post-apocalypse environments, I'll be down.

Also Mark Hamill.  :P

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »
Too bad it's another prequel!

Yeah, because a four player co-op character action-lite Zelda clone was feasible for a studio made up of ex-Vigil members with less of a budget and less staff.

I have zero interest in a four player coop game. I don't think that game is ever gonna happen anyway. I am hoping for a game that's as good as the first one and doesnt focus on too much loot.

Also Id really like to see what happens after DS1 but I guess we are gonna have to wait another 8 years before we see what happens there, if it happens at all.
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »
Also Id really like to see what happens after DS1 but I guess we are gonna have to wait another 8 years before we see what happens there, if it happens at all.
Nothing interesting, I can almost guarantee it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
lol story
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 06:32:23 PM »
lol story

I love a good story in a videogame, but it is NEVER the reason I'd play a videogame. A bad story can diminish a great game, but a great story can't save a bad game.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »
so in the first game the player character was War, a horseman of the apocalypse. in the second game it was Death, a horseman of the apocalypse. And here it's... Fury? Is she also a horse(wo)man of the apocalypse, or is she a fury (Tisiphone?) or just war's rando super-demon sister or whatever?

I've only played a little of both 1 and 2, but I always wondered if they would do something cool with famine and pestilence. guess not :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 07:58:14 PM »
In Darksiders lore [lmao], the Fourhorsemen/women are War, Strife, Fury, and Death.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
In Darksiders lore [lmao], the Fourhorsemen/women are War, Strife, Fury, and Death.

Ah, that Image/Wildstorm tendency to fix things that aren't broken…

Bebpo

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 01:22:37 AM »
I read the change was because it was hard to make a movelist for a main character out of pestilence and famine.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 02:22:53 AM »
Where is Dimitri ? Not a big fan of this new Morrigan design.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »
I read the change was because it was hard to make a movelist for a main character out of pestilence and famine.
If that's honestly the reason then I feel comfortable calling it stupid. Since when do they need a strong theme for weak attack, weak attack, heavy attack? They did Death already. A skull hockey mask and scythes as weapons was all it took to satisfy their artistic aspirations there. I guess I can see making Fury female, because Greek mythology. But the whip is wholly arbitrary, but I guess God of War had whip like weapons. Strife? Doesn't make any sense to me, but he has guns like Dante. Pff. Pffffffffffrt.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/wanking motion]
[close]

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
pestilence seemed the most potentially interesting to me because of how versatile poison is as a weapon, but idk these games always seemed a bit tepid on the creativity front. It definitively feels like everything is filtered through a very narrow idea of what's cool and it ends up not hanging together in a particularly interesting way imo. (If they exchanged the World of Warcraft OC look for a more Soul Reaver derivative stuff I'd be into it tho)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »
pestilence seemed the most potentially interesting to me because of how versatile poison is as a weapon, but idk these games always seemed a bit tepid on the creativity front. It definitively feels like everything is filtered through a very narrow idea of what's cool and it ends up not hanging together in a particularly interesting way imo. (If they exchanged the World of Warcraft OC look for a more Soul Reaver derivative stuff I'd be into it tho)
God, yes.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 12:28:23 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 12:32:38 PM »
Dat whip..

Sounds like shit
What

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »
Looks super early. Which it is, but I'm surprised they didn't polish up this vertical slice a bit to have a bit more punch.

Combat seems to be more like the first game, with a little dash of Dark Souls. I'm a little disappointed tbh since I really liked the DMC style combat from the second game.

I get the impression they're trying to just meld the first and second game together.
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 02:08:09 PM »
We have yet to see anything but connecting corridors, but it looks very much like Darksiders so far. Basic whip moves don't look as impressive as surfboard sized sword moves, of course.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »
EDIT: LOL Cyber get there seconds before me.
2 seconds

:whew

It looks (the level design, aesthetics) like the first game to me, which is fine. Some of the environments look really nice.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:41:54 AM by Let's Cyber »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:37 PM »

Thinking about giving DSII another shot. I have a copy on steam am i missing anything if itsn't the "death-inative" edition or w/e?

Might just go through 1 instead again and wait on a sale of the latest vers of II.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:37:46 PM by toku »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 01:28:34 AM »
I feel like I found out more than I wanted to know about Vorodi's legs.