Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 217142 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #2220 on: September 20, 2022, 03:27:57 PM »
The Atlantic endorses the Nintex theory of politik:
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1571136910902312960

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2221 on: September 20, 2022, 03:28:42 PM »
Bidens approval rating skyrocketed when the Dark Brandon memes started coming out

Its simple science
:O

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2222 on: September 20, 2022, 03:45:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1572285073814061057

Insanity. And he's describing a crime. Also kudos for admitting mass illegal immigration isn't a problem in Florida bro.

Himu

« Reply #2223 on: September 20, 2022, 03:47:31 PM »
Yeah, I question why he's meddling with our issues.
IYKYK

benjipwns

james

« Reply #2225 on: September 20, 2022, 05:06:26 PM »
We all moved to Florida to escape vaccine and mask mandates. We thought it would be a tropical paradise. However, I left Florida and most others are leaving Florida after 1 year. In fact I was so anxious to get out I was not even there 1 year, I found a replacement for my lease and cut my lease short.

THE HEAT WAS COMPLETELY AWFUL!!! 90+ degrees and humid morning AND NIGHT with near 100% humidity. I opened the door at 2am to get air and it felt like a SPACE HEATER - OUTSIDE! 24/7 AC is the only way to survive.

The rent and cost of living is now AS BAD AS CALIFORNIA, but the weather is 10x worse! I know, because I lived in southern California for years! I would have rather been in California than Florida! (Both are bad and I would want to be in neither!)

I thought there would be a lack of diversity in SW Florida, I WAS WRONG, it's mostly hispanic.

I thought they would not have any masks, while partly true, many companies still require it. I got kicked out of a US Post Office for not wearing a mask, I certainly was not about to put one on.

The beaches are crap! Because it costs so much to even go, and if you are 1 mile away as the crow flies, it still takes an hour to get there! And then parking is $20 per hour, if you can even find a spot, just to be in an overcrowded beach!

The houses are getting as expensive as California, with half a million and up for a tiny house. BUT THESE PRICES ARE NOT SUSTAINALE, THIS IS A BUBBLE AND WILL CRASH!! Just look at what happened some years ago on the east coast of Florida, where houses bubbled to over a million and then crashed to normal so that people with million dollar mortgages had houses worth only $100k.

Right now literally trailers (single and double wides) are selling for $100k, $200k, and even $300k and up. It's ridiculous. This WILL NOT LAST, a trailer will NOT be worth anything, it will go back to being worth $7,000 instead of the $100K+, and the people with that mortgage will file bankruptcy. And it won't be long now!

This is not like the California bubble which was spurred by two famous areas - Hollywood (LA/SoCal) and Silicon Valley (SanFran/NorCal), which brought in massive jobs and continue to do so. Those are rich areas and house rich people, and this is why those bubbles can sustain for so long - but as soon as Hollywood and/or Silicon Valley stop making so much money (which may be very soon), those housing markets will absolutely implode and decimate the population. It will be relegated to the third world (even though most of it already is now, but for a different reason).

Places like Southwest Florida do not have any important industries, and are not famous, and there's a reason few people lived there until now - there are no jobs, poor economy, and low wages. That's why houses there cost $50k just 2 years ago. In fact even now, employers are laying off people because of decreases in sales - DESPITE the continued influx of new people, although it is slowing. The only thing it had going for it was the FALSE ILLUSION that it was a white area (IT'S NOT) and that it had a good climate (IT DOES NOT!)

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MOVE TO FLORIDA! REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE A CONSERVATIVE OR A LIBERAL! SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY AND HEADACHE! I REGRET MOVING TO FLORIDA, AND YOU WILL TOO!

If you think that Florida is a tropical paradise, you are only half wrong. It's a tropical hellhole! And I lived in the nicest part of it (rich area)! Not worth it!

Why don't I completely regret moving to Florida? Because if I had not moved to south Florida, I would not know how much I HATED such HOT HOT HOT (and ultra humid) weather day and night! Don't make the same mistake! Don't move to Florida!

https://www.reddit.com/r/florida/comments/xjki1j/i_regret_moving_to_florida_i_already_left_you_do/

benjipwns

« Reply #2226 on: September 20, 2022, 05:10:54 PM »
I thought there would be a lack of diversity in SW Florida, I WAS WRONG, it's mostly hispanic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/florida/comments/xjki1j/i_regret_moving_to_florida_i_already_left_you_do/
Dude moved somewhere to escape diversity without even checking to see that the state is 50% non-white, one of the highest ranking states, first. :lol

Move to Massachusetts or Vermont if you want to hang out with only white people and avoid the heat buddy.

james

« Reply #2227 on: September 20, 2022, 05:24:35 PM »

Dude moved somewhere to escape diversity without even checking to see that the state is 50% non-white, one of the highest ranking states, first. :lol

Move to Massachusetts or Vermont if you want to hang out with only white people and avoid the heat buddy.

How To Buy LGB Coin (Let's Go Brandon) Cryptocurrency - Step By Step (rumble.com)
submitted 8 months ago by CreativeCzar to r/LGBCoin

:tauntaun :tauntaun

Himu

« Reply #2228 on: September 20, 2022, 05:25:34 PM »
Posting reddit links in the politics thread now? Take it to the Other Forums thread so you can suck your own nipples there.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #2229 on: September 20, 2022, 05:43:42 PM »
You are free to start your own competing Politics thread. This one is curated for people who arent banned most of the year

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2230 on: September 20, 2022, 06:04:40 PM »
Bidens approval rating skyrocketed when the Dark Brandon memes started coming out

Its simple science

Democrats being surprised that doing popular things will make you (more) popular lol. He's had a good few months, I'll admit. When the student loan thing happened I was actually surprised at how good the underlining policies in there were. Most people talked about the 10k but the rest of that stuff was surprisingly liberal/progressive.

Flip side he's facing an opposition that decided to rip their mask off and reveal just how weird they are. After months of freakouts over CRT, trans shit, and whatever else they could throw at a wall to scare people they realized none of that shit matters more to regular voters than abortion. And "hey guys, a woman who got raped or is dying in child birth shouldn't be able to get an abortion" registers FAR higher on the What The Fuck scale than "wow look at this freaky book that's in the library" for most people.

Himu

« Reply #2231 on: September 20, 2022, 06:08:20 PM »
All Biden has done is pull some of his supporters back, little else. Good win for Democrats.
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2232 on: September 20, 2022, 07:16:17 PM »
The Atlantic endorses the Nintex theory of politik:
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1571136910902312960

Hmm, that snake almost looks like a pretzel. Coincidence?

In unrelated pretzel con news:
https://twitter.com/fredlandia/status/1571611339671453698

How fitting, for these fake Christians.

Himu

« Reply #2233 on: September 20, 2022, 07:58:59 PM »
I'm not Christian but how are they fake Christians? Are you even Christian to begin with? If not, how can you determine what a good Christian is? Someone that goes along with your beliefs?
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2234 on: September 20, 2022, 08:02:28 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #2235 on: September 20, 2022, 08:07:04 PM »
Pretty sure you don't have to be part of the Roman Catholic Church to be a nun. I'm not understanding how they're supposed to be fake (seriously this is word filtered if put in quotes? lol) from looking at their Wikipedia entry.

Himu

« Reply #2236 on: September 20, 2022, 08:07:05 PM »
Your entire idea of Christians is based off heresay and the things you've heard. I disagree with the Christians about stuff but Christian organizations are some of the most giving people I've ever met. Your idea of Christians only exists within the figment of your own imagination.

Finally, you didn't even answer the question.

Pretty sure you don't have to be part of the Roman Catholic Church to be a nun.

Quite right.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #2237 on: September 20, 2022, 08:13:10 PM »

lol

Occam

« Reply #2238 on: September 20, 2022, 08:13:28 PM »

Himu

« Reply #2239 on: September 20, 2022, 08:15:01 PM »
Hm. Real original work. Keep doing you, I guess.
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2240 on: September 20, 2022, 08:17:57 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #2241 on: September 20, 2022, 08:32:53 PM »
haha religion

Himu

« Reply #2242 on: September 20, 2022, 09:48:33 PM »
Let's go religion :rejoice
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #2243 on: September 20, 2022, 10:39:49 PM »
Religion IRL :larry

Religion in world building :ohyeah

benjipwns

« Reply #2244 on: September 20, 2022, 11:14:43 PM »
The problem is probably that in fiction everybody tends to take the religion as seriously as it deserves. Religious disputes in fiction are always about some serious important point that's plot relevant. Or it's mocking how the real world disputes seem to be more based around whether or not some guys in the past believed some other guy was left or right handed and then one time they got really heated about this so they killed a bunch of one dudes and took their land and nobody is ever going to let it go. Or in modern America how the old denomination supported a bike path so you formed a competing denomination AND NO IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BIKE PATH IT'S ABOUT A SERIOUS DISPUTE IN PHILOSOPHY AND READING OF THE BIBLE.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2245 on: September 20, 2022, 11:17:37 PM »
The problem is probably that in fiction everybody tends to take the religion as seriously as it deserves. Religious disputes in fiction are always about some serious important point that's plot relevant. Or it's mocking how the real world disputes seem to be more based around whether or not some guys in the past believed some other guy was left or right handed and then one time they got really heated about this so they killed a bunch of one dudes and took their land and nobody is ever going to let it go.
Let's go religion  :jeb
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #2246 on: September 20, 2022, 11:21:27 PM »
See also, the highly researched historical critique of religious warfare by one of the greatest scholars:

Himu

« Reply #2247 on: September 20, 2022, 11:37:14 PM »
Most of the worlds wars have little to do with religion. :yeshrug

Humans will always find a way to kill one another. At least religion prevents a nihilistic, atheistic, hedonistic worldview which results in mass aimlessnes, depression, and unhappiness. Not perfect, but no human institution is. Religion provides community, a place of belonging, and a hub for doing good deeds. Much better than I can say for nihilistic atheists who think they know better while thinking it's okay for gay sex offenders in drag to give tips to 10 year old children twerking. :yeshrug

Honestly the past few years have proved the religious right correct. Thankfully there's a God to follow even if we aren't perfect or we'd be lost. :bow
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #2248 on: September 20, 2022, 11:53:42 PM »
The problem is probably that in fiction everybody tends to take the religion as seriously as it deserves.

That's because in fiction, God is real.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mostly speaking of mid/high-genre fiction. :kappa
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #2249 on: September 20, 2022, 11:53:52 PM »
But you don't have to be religious to not be nihilist, atheist and/or hedonist.

Religion as an excuse seems like a poor moral framework.

Himu

« Reply #2250 on: September 21, 2022, 12:01:33 AM »
But you don't have to be religious to not be nihilist, atheist and/or hedonist.

Religion as an excuse seems like a poor moral framework.

You're right. You can believe in God and not be religious, but honestly how many are like that? And I mean beyond the whole "spiritual but not religious" line. Most people that mock religion also, per numbers, don't believe in God or the utility of religion. Religion keeps the fabric of society from falling into disarray. In a time of low birthrates it's the religious that are the ones that keep fucking and making babies. The religious keep society's engines well oiled.

Unfortunately it can be taken to an extreme, but it also has good fruits too.

To pretend that religion has offered the world nothing is ahistorical. You even have your beautiful libertarianism, and its key word - liberty - to thank religion for due to pre-enlightenment figures such as John Locke.

Where does less religion get us? A breakdown in our values, our culture, our traditions. The result? Anarchy. And giving money to twerking 10 year olds or propagating an agenda that children can choose their gender. Religion is needed to stop humans from venturing too far, much like Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. It has utility.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #2251 on: September 21, 2022, 12:13:32 AM »
twerking 10 year olds or propagating an agenda that children can choose their gender. Religion is needed to stop humans from venturing too far

Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6 my dude.

Is your concern that 10 is too old?

benjipwns

« Reply #2252 on: September 21, 2022, 12:17:23 AM »
I think your single variable correlation is spurious and the causation is not in evidence.

Himu

« Reply #2253 on: September 21, 2022, 02:33:02 AM »
I think your single variable correlation is spurious and the causation is not in evidence.

Either way, you don't need religion for morality. Especially in the modern world. However, it does act as a totem pole for community and gives people meaning and hope. There's merit to that. The need for religion is embedded into humanity, if you don't have a religion it's probably politics or sports. But unlike religion, those two things don't make ones life feel more fulfilling. Man that works at the office all the time might wonder what the point in life is, while his religious co-worker is more happy and more fulfilled. Without religion multiple boys and young men have no sense of belonging or community or even people to look up to and have fallen into a nihilistic state. People mock thoughts and prayers but prayer creates real grit to adversity. There's something hopeful in what prayer brings. Religion brings more than rules to ones life.

These are just facts. Choose to accept them if you want.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23146600/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/31/are-religious-people-happier-healthier-our-new-global-study-explores-this-question/

With growing anti-religion movements it's no wonder there's increased depression, mental illness, and anxiety. :) Also normalization of LGBTQ, breaking social norms;etc. Thankfully there is a God that is all forgiving and eternally merciful when we genuinely ask for forgiveness.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 02:39:02 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2254 on: September 21, 2022, 03:37:59 AM »
Thankfully there is a God that is all forgiving and eternally merciful when we genuinely ask for forgiveness.

The difference between delusion and mental illness is that one is self inflicted, and the other is involuntary. Which is it for you? A little from column A and a little from column B?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:43:13 AM by Occam »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2255 on: September 21, 2022, 03:47:47 AM »
Liberals:
"Look as these wonderful traditions and houses of worship. We must defend religious freedom in Afghanistan with all our might. Why don't you want a mosque in your street it's spiritual!"

"Wow these farmers in Ukraine are such brave fighters and have truely found their calling fighting against opression. Let's give them all the guns they need."

Also liberals:
"lmao people that believe in god are mentally ill."

"Farmers? You mean those thugs that destroy the climate?"
🤴

Occam

« Reply #2256 on: September 21, 2022, 04:22:46 AM »
Nintex: "Hurr"

Also Nintex: "Durr"

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2257 on: September 21, 2022, 04:54:03 AM »
*Tugs on Occam's strings*

"PRETZEL PRETZEL PRETZEL!"

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #2258 on: September 21, 2022, 07:34:54 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2260 on: September 21, 2022, 08:26:13 AM »

There are 5.8 billion religiously affiliated adults and children around the globe.
The point is, if you call Himu mentally challenged just for believing in a higher power, you consider them all mentally ill or deluded.

Now I have no problem with making such a generalization about billions of people myself but I'm not sure if this is how you feel.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2261 on: September 21, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »
progressivism has taught me that fundamentalists have always been correct and should've been listened to from the beginning

• marilyn manson: satanist in the 90s, sexual abuser in the 2020s
  • dungeons and dragons: demonic in the 80s, racist in the 2020s
  • harry potter: evil witchcraft in the 2000s, transphobic in the 2010s
  • sexy outfits in media: scandalous and anti-christian in the 90s, misogynist and problematic in the 2020s
  • rap music: violent and frightening in the 90s, perpetuates misogyny in the 2020s
  • bill maher: anti-religion in the 2000s, anti-progressive in the 2020s
  • south park: crude and degenerate in the 90s, -phobic in the 2020s
  • classic books dealing with early American racial tension: banned for the N word in the 90s, banned for being written by whites in the 2020s

why the fuck didn't we listen

:stahp

I have converted and will keep both ears wide open, the predictions of christ's followers always bear fruit in the end 🙏
Uncle

james

« Reply #2262 on: September 21, 2022, 10:09:15 AM »
progressivism has taught me that fundamentalists have always been correct and should've been listened to from the beginning

• marilyn manson: satanist in the 90s, sexual abuser in the 2020s
  • dungeons and dragons: demonic in the 80s, racist in the 2020s
  • harry potter: evil witchcraft in the 2000s, transphobic in the 2010s
  • sexy outfits in media: scandalous and anti-christian in the 90s, misogynist and problematic in the 2020s
  • rap music: violent and frightening in the 90s, perpetuates misogyny in the 2020s
  • bill maher: anti-religion in the 2000s, anti-progressive in the 2020s
  • south park: crude and degenerate in the 90s, -phobic in the 2020s
  • classic books dealing with early American racial tension: banned for the N word in the 90s, banned for being written by whites in the 2020s

why the fuck didn't we listen

:stahp

I have converted and will keep both ears wide open, the predictions of christ's followers always bear fruit in the end 🙏

Wow when you put it like that its clear as day!

How much praying do I need to do before I get called on to blow up a school?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2263 on: September 21, 2022, 10:14:04 AM »

• public schools: not blown up by christians in the 90s, accordingly not blown up in the 2020s

stay strong brother 🙏
Uncle

james

« Reply #2264 on: September 21, 2022, 10:22:39 AM »

• public schools: not blown up by christians in the 90s, accordingly not blown up in the 2020s

stay strong brother 🙏

Christianity has too much child diddling, Im considering joining the beard boys

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2265 on: September 21, 2022, 12:00:09 PM »
Liberalism has too much childhood indoctrination, i'm considering becoming a religious zealot.

james

« Reply #2266 on: September 21, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »
It's amazing how religion works so well as a totem pole for community and gives people meaning and hope

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1570771599091179520

https://twitter.com/activistjyot/status/1571434480136781827

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2267 on: September 21, 2022, 01:13:49 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/20/trump-special-master-judge-mar-a-lago-00057805

Pretty much as expected. Trump didn't declassify anything, stole sensitive documents and is apparently about to get his shit kicked in by the special master he requested.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2269 on: September 21, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #2270 on: September 21, 2022, 01:26:40 PM »
Either way, you don't need religion for morality. Especially in the modern world. However, it does act as a totem pole for community and gives people meaning and hope. There's merit to that. The need for religion is embedded into humanity, if you don't have a religion it's probably politics or sports. But unlike religion, those two things don't make ones life feel more fulfilling. Man that works at the office all the time might wonder what the point in life is, while his religious co-worker is more happy and more fulfilled. Without religion multiple boys and young men have no sense of belonging or community or even people to look up to and have fallen into a nihilistic state. People mock thoughts and prayers but prayer creates real grit to adversity. There's something hopeful in what prayer brings. Religion brings more than rules to ones life.

These are just facts. Choose to accept them if you want.
Just stating theories does not actually make them facts. What are you, some kind of progressive?

james

« Reply #2271 on: September 21, 2022, 01:29:01 PM »
Live view of all the lawyers trying to sue Trump

james

« Reply #2272 on: September 21, 2022, 01:55:52 PM »
Stunning videos showing how religion provides community, a place of belonging, and a hub for doing good deeds.

https://twitter.com/Ancommiey/status/1572403030414221313

https://twitter.com/MahyarTousi/status/1572139513673121793

james

« Reply #2273 on: September 21, 2022, 04:36:19 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2274 on: September 21, 2022, 05:15:48 PM »
9:11 AM  :kermit
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #2275 on: September 21, 2022, 05:16:30 PM »
Sad!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2276 on: September 21, 2022, 05:38:49 PM »

There are 5.8 billion religiously affiliated adults and children around the globe.
The point is, if you call Himu mentally challenged just for believing in a higher power, you consider them all mentally ill or deluded.

Now I have no problem with making such a generalization about billions of people myself but I'm not sure if this is how you feel.
5.8 billion? Well, I'd say a significant proportion of them are just hedging their bets. Mental illness is probably pretty high among the rest
Spud

benjipwns

Tasty

« Reply #2278 on: September 21, 2022, 06:11:08 PM »
Twitter is such fucking garbage. :snoop

Propagandhim

« Reply #2279 on: September 21, 2022, 06:12:36 PM »
God, she's been tweeting like 500 times a day for the past 10+ years