Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 217224 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #3240 on: November 09, 2022, 04:37:42 AM »
Seems like the republicans missed an open goal by getting all of their candidates from the loony bin :sicko
(ice)

Occam

« Reply #3241 on: November 09, 2022, 04:41:07 AM »
I read that while Trump once again grifted millions of $, he gave 0$ to those cream of the crop candidates he "supported". Well of course not, you don't get rich by giving away money.

Himu

« Reply #3242 on: November 09, 2022, 07:59:20 AM »
are the good guys winning?

Himu posting walls of cope, so it seems like it.

Cope is called anything these days it seems. My most preferred republican candidate dominated last night. I didn't cope in any way. Trumpism in the GOP is dead. I won.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3244 on: November 09, 2022, 08:28:30 AM »
as usual everyone wants to dunk on everyone

republicans thought they would win bigly, and they won but not as much as they thought

so is it more good because things weren't as bad as expected, or more bad that biden still generally finds himself in an ineffectual position?

I don't know how to look at it historically, is it common that every latter half of a presidency during economic downturn ends up with them even more compromised than this time?  is this especially blue for the situation?  or is the crowing just because polls leaned too far in the wrong direction?

it seems like nobody got what they wanted  :doge
Uncle

Occam

« Reply #3245 on: November 09, 2022, 08:41:45 AM »
I had a look at the comments at foxnews, and while most of it is the usual pretzel brain nonsense (radical marxists! Cheating! Anti-Americans!), a handful of comments actually say that it doesn't work to just constantly get outraged at problems but offer no solutions.

Himu

« Reply #3246 on: November 09, 2022, 08:45:11 AM »
as usual everyone wants to dunk on everyone

republicans thought they would win bigly, and they won but not as much as they thought

so is it more good because things weren't as bad as expected, or more bad that biden still generally finds himself in an ineffectual position?

I don't know how to look at it historically, is it common that every latter half of a presidency during economic downturn ends up with them even more compromised than this time?  is this especially blue for the situation?  or is the crowing just because polls leaned too far in the wrong direction?

it seems like nobody got what they wanted  :doge

Voters are lukewarm on both parties and we are at an impasse. I think voters want both parties to moderate.

I had a look at the comments at foxnews, and while most of it is the usual pretzel brain nonsense (radical marxists! Cheating! Anti-Americans!), a handful of comments actually say that it doesn't work to just constantly get outraged at problems but offer no solutions.

Check reddit r/conservative :)
IYKYK

Polident Hive

« Reply #3247 on: November 09, 2022, 08:56:18 AM »
Seeing 20s dems get a bump has me pondering if promoting voting as fashion and trendy actually worked this time. For the first time ever I was asked why I didn’t want a sticker. People were taking photos in the fall aesthetic and I’m the weird one. Had to calmly explain that the government uses the stickers to track us. By the fifth time I voted blue yesterday, the lady stopped asking.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3248 on: November 09, 2022, 08:56:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1590223487175491585

Abrams and her allies spent WEEKS blaming black men for her being down in the polls. Sowing division in the black community and constantly denigrating or ignoring black men has to stop. It was obvious she would do well with black men...and it was obvious there was no evidence they were flocking to republicans in droves, so Abrams' messaging were a deliberate choice to mislead. Didn't say a peep about white women, who clearly doomed her last night. I like a lot of things about Abrams but she's clearly not a good candidate, and more of a behind the scenes person (registering people to vote, building groundwork etc).

Kemp has been a successful republican governor down there and clearly folks like him unfortunately.

Himu

« Reply #3249 on: November 09, 2022, 09:30:31 AM »
Black men will always be the Boogeyman, PD. I no longer care. I'm free to do whatever tf I want.
IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3250 on: November 09, 2022, 10:26:26 AM »
I think voters want both parties to moderate.

Rs and moderates have spent MONTHS arguing that "the woke agenda" would cost the Ds hundreds of seats.

Instead, the woke candidates DOMINATED like the defund police LA guy.

Meanwhile, Horchul whos policy was "lets add more cops" did badly by comparison. In Florida, super moderate Crist got destroyed.
:O

james

« Reply #3251 on: November 09, 2022, 10:40:43 AM »

james

« Reply #3252 on: November 09, 2022, 10:51:09 AM »

james

james

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3255 on: November 09, 2022, 11:19:04 AM »
A lot of liberal democrats won last night, from holding seats to winning R seats. The real message here is that despite historic inflation and a historically unpopular president, voters rejected the republican party due to its extremism on abortion and other issues. A lot of this boils down to the incredibly weird and radical candidates Trump endorsed.

It looks like Warnock is going to win in Georgia but you can clearly see that a normal republican could have beaten him. Instead Trump dumped Hershel Walker on voters. Now Warnock will likely get a full six year term. Meanwhile in Arizona, a state no one would mistake for "blue" (despite Biden winning it) it looks like the state-wide dem candidates are all going to win.

It's true voters tend not to like losers or people perceived as weak (democrats lol)....but they also don't like assholes. I think a lot of republicans miscalculated not realizing that the Trump shit really only works for him, outside of red states.

james

« Reply #3256 on: November 09, 2022, 11:37:21 AM »
Good analysis from conservative on why DeSantis will struggle in a primary

There are so many politicians who have tried the "What if Trumpism, but I also subtly signal to middle of the road people that it's all an act" shtick from Nikki Haley to now Ron DeSantis.

You know what they all have in common? None of them have ever had to debate Donald Trump in person.

You know who HAS tried to simultaneously juggle dabbling in Trumpist aesthetic, signaling that they don't mean it, and debating Donald Trump in person, all at the same time? Marco Rubio

It's true voters tend not to like losers or people perceived as weak (democrats lol)....but they also don't like assholes. I think a lot of republicans miscalculated not realizing that the Trump shit really only works for him, outside of red states.

Boomer media doesnt talk about it, but gen Z is all about being wholesome.

The R party is all about being an asshole. its a huge turnoff.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3257 on: November 09, 2022, 11:44:09 AM »
I think we (Benji) can all agree who the real winner last night was. A man whose mathematically advanced argument on polls being skewed was so ahead of its time, that his prediction ("the polls are wrong, man") came true ten years later.

james

« Reply #3258 on: November 09, 2022, 11:53:58 AM »

Himu

« Reply #3259 on: November 09, 2022, 11:55:48 AM »
Good analysis here.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #3260 on: November 09, 2022, 11:58:56 AM »
Another 3 weeks of baby mamas coming out of the woodwork!

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1590384374070902785

james

« Reply #3261 on: November 09, 2022, 12:01:37 PM »
JAMES FUND KEY RACE CALL

We wont know who wins the House until next Monday. Pucker up bois, its all about the mail ballots trickling in

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didnt send in my last 9 ballots until 6pm yesterday  :whew
[close]

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #3262 on: November 09, 2022, 12:07:38 PM »
Ben Garrison got owned.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3263 on: November 09, 2022, 12:20:24 PM »
Donald Trump on the 15th

"I'm offiically announcing that I am running.... a new TV Network called TRUTH TV! It's going to the biggest and best TV network the United States and perhaps the world has ever seen to fight against the fake news media, communists and bad Hollywood actors that are brainwashing your children and changing the gender of Mickey Mouse. TRUTH TV will host live coverage of the best golf tournaments, 24 hour news, elections and great new shows made by the best talent like myself and my good friends Dr. Oz., Kanye West, Mike Lindell, Carly Lake and Lou Dobbs"

:trumps

"Will you run for President SIR?"

"MEXICAN VIOLENCE?"

"No... will you run for President"

"Look *waves arms* You're going to be very happy"

*claps and points*

*poorly tuned sound system: IN THE END IT DIDN'T EVEN MATTER.... I TRIED SO HARD TO LOSE IT ALL*

Liberals: "TRUMP can't just distance himself from the GOP and politics to start a new TV network, right?"  :brazilcry
🤴

Himu

« Reply #3264 on: November 09, 2022, 12:27:05 PM »
NO!!!

:stop

Edit: mistook Nintex's words for Trump's :sabu :stop
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:35:00 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:55:03 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3266 on: November 09, 2022, 12:55:01 PM »
I think it all comes down to the following

Economy
- Most voters don't think the Democrats are making the best calls to fix inflation but a gridlock could potentially halt any federal aid like what had happened with the COVID relief.
Winner: Democrats

Abortion
- Most voters probably don't feel comfortable with late term abortions but they don't want to entirely ban abortions either.

Ukraine
- Most voters probably agree that too much money is going to Ukraine but they don't want to 'lose' a war against Russia to give Biden the L either.

Foreign policy
- Countries like Saudi Arabia are actively working against the US and Trump is applauding this by hosting their Golf tournaments.
The rally around the flag effect favors Biden. Trump supporters do not like the Saudis especially if they keep gas prices high at their expense.
The Democrats showed some remarkable balls standing up to China in Taiwan. Calling Xi's bluff and Putin's army is also in ruins.

Crime / policing
- Most voters are probably centrist on this issue but they don't have to worry about Biden going along with the leftist ideas of defunding.
Plus Trumpblicans are very selective in their 'support' when it suits them, openly calling for shutting down the FBI and such.

Democracy
- Most voters probably don't believe that Democracy is under threat but they aren't comfortable with a riot at the Capitol either.
They mostly want to close the book on January 6th and the 2020 election and not dwell in the past.

Culture War
- Most voters are probably centrist when it comes to this issue but politicians have little influence on these issues. This war is to be won at the box office not the ballot box.
This is also why the likes of Stacey Abrams didn't win.
Winner: Republicans

Migration
- This is mostly an issue for border states and not high on the list of voters concerns right now.
Winner: Republicans

Fetterman vs. Oz
Voters don't see a guy recovering from a stroke as a 'loser' they see him has a 'fighter' especially with Oz as the opponent.
Almost the reverse of Walker / Warnock even. But Warnock isn't a tool.
Winner: Fetterman

DeSantis vs. Trump
Ron is everything conservative voters want Trump to be. He's ruthless, focused and kind of an asshole. Trump was just clowning around, sabotaging primaries
with his own unvetted candidates or throwing elections into chaos by endorsing 2 candidates without telling them. Donnie had a grand old time with the GOP thinking
he could get away with everything and DeSantis ignored him.
Winner: DeSantis

Local politics is an entirely different beast than a presidential race because it is much closer to home.

Trump fucked around and found out.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:06:41 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #3269 on: November 09, 2022, 01:08:05 PM »
I am not a pagan and do not endorse magic...

BUT

Is it possible someone could poke a Trump voodoo doll?
IYKYK

james

james

« Reply #3271 on: November 09, 2022, 01:32:06 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #3274 on: November 09, 2022, 01:42:22 PM »
Looks like Lauren Boebert is out.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3275 on: November 09, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »
Pouring one out for Sweet Stan :tocry
(ice)

james

« Reply #3276 on: November 09, 2022, 01:49:13 PM »
Interesting..

Kelly TshibakaGOP   93,847   44.4
Lisa Murkowski * GOP   90,325   42.7

BUT the D candidate is at 9.5% and they use ranked choice so we wont know for another two weeks how the cookie crumbled

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #3278 on: November 09, 2022, 02:08:12 PM »
STAY MAD :sabu

It's our party now :smug
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3279 on: November 09, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »

MAGA hat burning video when?
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #3280 on: November 09, 2022, 02:16:13 PM »
Two of the dems elected to congress

https://twitter.com/MaxwellFrostFL/status/833424206620717056
https://twitter.com/RobertGarcia/status/909540620737306624

Maybe if Dr. Oz walked out to Utada’s Sanctuary and quoted Owls of Gahoole, he would’ve had a chance.

james

« Reply #3281 on: November 09, 2022, 02:18:48 PM »

Occam

« Reply #3282 on: November 09, 2022, 02:38:10 PM »
I think I've seen that before...

Himu

« Reply #3283 on: November 09, 2022, 02:53:35 PM »

MAGA hat burning video when?

You want that? :obama
IYKYK

Sman

« Reply #3284 on: November 09, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »

I want to win and stop the Democratic Party and their far leftism.

The problem is you want to win more than you want the country to win.

:bluesteel

Himu

« Reply #3285 on: November 09, 2022, 02:56:26 PM »

I want to win and stop the Democratic Party and their far leftism.

The problem is you want to win more than you want the country to win.

:bluesteel

Nah. I saw New York and leftism is bad for humanity and this country. Progressive policy isn't good and doesn't work. It puts people in a hole of victimhood and makes a weak nation. Only smaller government and an individual approach can save us, not relying on the teet of government.

Show me a single left policy that works besides universal healthcare and ending drug prohibition (which isn't exclusively left).
IYKYK

james

« Reply #3286 on: November 09, 2022, 03:08:20 PM »
Took a nap and came back to more blue action

https://twitter.com/OregonianPol/status/1590423840748109824

james

Occam

« Reply #3288 on: November 09, 2022, 03:13:57 PM »
It's a shame you can simply take off your MAGA hat.
Reminds me of this:

The people who wore the hat should get MAGA tattooed on their foreheads.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 03:18:50 PM by Occam »

Himu

« Reply #3289 on: November 09, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »
FYI, New York is arguably the most far left state in the nation next to California and NYC is arguably one if its most far left cities.

Therefore: I was able to see left policies in action. Democrats want these policies enacted across the entire country. They admire figures such as the now tainted Andrew Cuomo and people like AOC. They look to NYC and NY Dem politics for leadership, counsel, and example.

The location puts to the test the very idea of their most inner principles. My observation was that those principles do not work in theory. Things like their bail reform, their negligent treatment of the homeless, their infantilization of certain groups of certain groups (particularly black people) of incapable of being criminals due to prior dehumanization and ill treatment, their overly dramatic Covid response, authoritarian approaches to leadership, not taking Supreme Court orders towards respecting gun ownership seriously, high taxes, income tax all point to a lower quality of life and living. Their policies, as per my life example, have been tested and I personally think they are bad for the country.

Please back up how they're good for America? We've seen the Democratic response to Covid and children are development delayed by years. Kids without access to computers were set adrift. People were fired and now there's mass shortages of key personnel. On and on and on. And that's one issue. Crime, homelessness, their culture of producing laziness and victimhood notwithstanding. I've been saying it for a year: liberalism is bad for America. Those have been my claims and any thing I've done is in pursuit of saving my country and our values from it. I will continue to do so.

Show me a single left policy that works besides universal healthcare and ending drug prohibition (which isn't exclusively left).

https://twitter.com/LaurenKGurley/status/1590429536789102593

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1590404134939025408

https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1590411820816367619

https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1590193939038228480

Raising the minimum wage to 18 an hour does not work and is impractical.

1. It makes it the minimum wage.
2. Thus all other jobs are supposed to increase their wages.
3. Many jobs don't.
4. Those that do, many will raise the minimum wage but give less hours.
5. Despite all of this, things get more expensive to reflect higher wages.

In NYC many jobs touted 15 dollars an hour and many if not most would try to find ways to pay you less and cut your hours so you aren't working a full 40 hours or sometimes even a full 30 hours. That way they say they raised the minimum while still not paying your fair share. As a working class worker in bars and restaurants that is what I experienced. It was almost always a bad deal despite the claims of its positivity.

There's no evidence the Gen Z uptick was due to the Loan Forgiveness, although it might play a part.

So far your points are just conjecture and not actual "this is why I think we are right" defenses.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 03:51:14 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3290 on: November 09, 2022, 04:29:42 PM »
Everything republicans yelled about turned out to be bullshit. The trans shit, the CRT nonsense, even inflation...none of it mattered more than abortion in many parts of the country. There should be a message here that while dems have some party problems, voters are tired or indifferent to the nonstop cultural warfare of the right wing. Republicans need to get rid of the Trump acolytes. The way Q shit has become mainstream in republican circles has to trouble them. I'm not referring to the grand election conspiracy, but instead the fantasy novel-esque obsession over "demonic forces." Having republicans call abortion demonic is probably not a good idea fellas. Every single pro-choice measure passed last night, including in MONTANA and Kentucky. Time to take the L on this.

It's early but I think republicans get bombed in 2024. MI is gone, based on last night's results (including mail voting being secured for future elections). PA is gone for the same reason. Barring economic collapse, I guess. Wisconsin is clearly winnable based on Evers getting re-elected. Florida is irrelevant. Biden won without it. Obama won it twice but would have still won even if he had lost the state to McCain or Romney.

I think Biden also deserves credit for finally stepping back and allowing the obvious Ws to pile up.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 04:40:44 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3291 on: November 09, 2022, 04:29:48 PM »
 :rogan
"Joe Biden is inviting these Tik Tok people and South Korean boy bands to the White House. We all know kids don't vote it's going to be like the Elevator Doors from the Shining.
Everyone I know is voting Republican. People are pissed. The Republicans are going to win big I'm betting my dick on it."

:snob
"Young women want to have lots and lots of babies with strong alpha males and they are sick of casual dating but want real relationships. It's not weird for a 50 year old man to say this. You just can't handle the facts cucks"

:ego
"My polls show that Dr. Oz is surging in PA because of how toxic Biden is. Red Wave, more like Red Tsunami. The Republicans could flip New York"

:trumps
"Our country is going to hell but don't worry folks I've revamped my plane to fight for you. Don't you think it's big and beautiful?
Great to see all the same faces again for the 8th rally this month guess you guys really can't get enough of the MyPillow Discounts right?"

:engel
"What's the better headline people: 'The last gas'p of the Biden Presidency' or 'Joe Biden's gas pump dump vote slump'"

:biden
"How do you do fellow kids. Who wants free ice cream, chocolate chip is my favorite. Democracy is under attack like in the Avengers and Thanos Trump wants to ban TikTok and Putin will hack your Playspace... Playtray.. you know the thing!
Just have your mom and pops drop off your ballot and stay in your safespace. Where is the exit."

:uguu ":heartbeat OMG DADDY BIDEN IS MORBIN FAM :heartbeat" :umad
🤴

Himu

« Reply #3292 on: November 09, 2022, 04:36:37 PM »
Everything republicans yelled about turned out to be bullshit. The trans shit, the CRT nonsense, even inflation...none of it mattered more than abortion in many parts of the country. There should be a message here that while dems have some party problems, voters are tired or indifferent to the nonstop cultural warfare of the right wing. Republicans need to get rid of the Trump acolytes. The way Q shit has become mainstream in republican circles has to trouble them. I'm not referring to the grand election conspiracy, but instead the fantasy novel-esque obsession over "demonic forces." Having republicans call abortion demonic is probably not a good idea fellas. Every single pro-choice measure passed last night, including in MONTANA and Kentucky. Time to take the L on this.

It's early but I think republicans get bombed in 2024. MI is gone, based on last night's results (including mail voting being secured for future elections). PA is gone for the same reason. Barring economic collapse, I guess. Wisconsin is clearly winnable based on Evers getting re-elected. Florida is irrelevant. Biden won without it. Obama won it twice but would have still won even if he had lost the state to McCain or Romney.

I think Biden also deserves credit for finally stepping back and allowing the obvious Ws to pile up. The

I can agree. 2024 might not be in play for Republicans regardless of who runs. The abortion issue is too important to many

I think those issues you raised are important but not as important as abortion to the majority of Americans.

I don't think Republicans calling abortion demonic is Q related. Frankly, despite hanging out in right spaces I have never encountered anything Q. Catholics will call abortion demonic.

It seems the gains Trump gave the GOP in flipping rust belt states has completely went the other way. What's the situation in the Midwest, PD? Are a lot of conservatives leaving Michigan for Florida or did they flip to D or did they just not vote?
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3293 on: November 09, 2022, 04:39:19 PM »
I saw some people celebrating that trumpism is showing cracks and if trump is smart he won't run again

but what's better, a trump who likely won't win, or a candidate the republican party is more confident about who might actually stand a chance?

I know the democrats made the mistake of propping up trump before, but this seems like actual evidence that his shit is on the way out
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #3294 on: November 09, 2022, 04:41:08 PM »
I saw some people celebrating that trumpism is showing cracks and if trump is smart he won't run again

but what's better, a trump who likely won't win, or a candidate the republican party is more confident about who might actually stand a chance?

I know the democrats made the mistake of propping up trump before, but this seems like actual evidence that his shit is on the way out

Trump WILL run because he's a dumb ass narcissist.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3295 on: November 09, 2022, 04:43:49 PM »
Forgot to complete my post on Biden. I was gonna say that if he had his way, there would be no student debt relief. Zero movement on weed legalization. Getting that shit rolling may have saved democrats from wipeout last night, alongside the abortion stuff. He deserves credit for allowing his people to talk him into those stances. You have to stack up wins for your base, and the exit polls show young people showed up in huge margins.

Himu

« Reply #3296 on: November 09, 2022, 05:02:29 PM »
I think the biggest story is Gen Z came out to vote in such numbers. Like, I always mock the idea of the youth vote because they never show up and here we are. :obama
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3297 on: November 09, 2022, 05:05:02 PM »
From the numbers I'm seeing GenZ came out big and that pushed D's over the edge.

The Republican party is the party of old people, GenX Facebook boomers and a few millenials because millenials don't vote or barely vote (and people were wrong to assume GenZ also wouldn't vote).
They're not going to win in 2024 with Trump at the helm. If they don't pick Trump he might run as an independent.
I don't see a path for a Republican president in 2024 with GenZ (+28D) being heavily involved into politics.
It's not a single issue either, it's a generational divide.

I read the exit poll wrong. I thought the 'shared my values' thing was a conservative/religious thing but it's not. It's the mix-tape of they/thems, climate, tik tok dance, never answer the phone, ghosting, Morbius values that make no sense.

Trump's magic doesn't work on this group, they actually broke his spell before.
Before the 2020 election they bought all the tickets for one his rallies and he was left with an empty stadium. It was the first time the media could show the world a 'defeated' Trump and they did it because he wanted to ban TikTok.

It makes sense though. These are the kids that had working class GenX parents or family that supported Trump. Probably thinking dad's MAGA hat was cringe and their uncle should stop sending Facebook memes.
The conservative or right wing side of this group has mostly learned how to invest in crypto, be an alpha male and that government is useless and elections are rigged.
The left wing side of this group has learned that activism is your day job to save the planet and purple hair improves your aim.

Oh and all the ad spending? Completely useless. They don't watch TV.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:09:26 PM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #3298 on: November 09, 2022, 05:13:52 PM »
Things are slowing down but still mostly D

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1590449146502201344

BrokenVerses

« Reply #3299 on: November 09, 2022, 05:19:23 PM »
The conservative or right wing side of this group has mostly learned how to invest in crypto, be an alpha male and that government is useless and elections are rigged.

If they "invested" in crypto they were probably too broke to drive to the polls anyways lol. Bitcoin 16,000 and plummeting!