Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 217118 times)

Occam

Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #5340 on: January 11, 2024, 07:17:01 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/09/opinion/economy-survey-republicans.html
You can't argue with willfully ignorant brainwashed simpletons.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5341 on: January 12, 2024, 07:44:32 PM »
Well the world economy was/is certainly in the dumps and the US felt that but currently things are trending positively for the US again.

- Breaking up with Russia means the EU is more reliant on US weapons/energy
- China is having big economic issues so they can't really afford to annoy the US
- Israel and the Arabs all want US weapons
- US supports Ukraine but most of that support goes to the US military industrial complex
- AI boom benefits mostly US big tech companies

Although there are still a bunch of economic issues I'm pretty confident that a recession has been avoided in the US.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5342 on: January 13, 2024, 12:27:49 AM »

Although there are still a bunch of economic issues I'm pretty confident that a recession has been avoided in the US.

You mean you finally listened to me lol. Interest rates coming down real soon, unemployment at near historic lows, wages up over inflation, inflation nearing normal levels, GDP high, record level oil production...get ready for the boom fellas.
 :patel

Iowa on Monday. I can't call it tbh. Weather gonna be a disaster so it's really just about who turns out. While I think Trump wins the nomination I'm not sure I think he wins Iowa.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5343 on: January 15, 2024, 06:24:41 PM »
Trump pulled some Tywin Lannister shit in Iowa this weekend, I'd be surprised if he loses the Caucus.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5344 on: January 15, 2024, 08:26:39 PM »
Iowa Caucus - CNN Entrance Poll:

Support for Nationwide Abortion Ban:

Support 58%
Oppose 36%

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5345 on: January 16, 2024, 01:47:24 PM »
He aced it :trumps

Iowa Caucus - CNN Entrance Poll:

Support for Nationwide Abortion Ban:

Support 58%
Oppose 36%
Once Taylor Swift ties the knot and gets knocked up this whole thing will turn around.
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5346 on: January 16, 2024, 02:42:56 PM »

In case you haven't seen Trump's actual campaign video:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5347 on: January 16, 2024, 06:52:46 PM »
They call Trump a dictator but Trump relies more on popular support and democracy than most other Presidents either in the US or elsewhere.
Macron for example often completely ignores parliament and just rules by decree. The big dictatorial thing that you can accuse Trump of (and even that is a matter of opinion) is repurposing funds to construct the border fence that he couldn't get funded otherwise.

Very few if any dictators are elected, Hitler was appointed, Putin was appointed, Xi was appointed, Kim Jun Un was appointed, Al-Sissi was appointed.

Chances that a group of power brokers come together to select Donald Trump as Dictator are slim. It's more likely he'll win the election and has to awkwardly deal with the Republicans and Democrats again.

I'd be more worried about DeSantis. He has the makings of a dictator that would have his hecklers shot if he had the power to do so.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5348 on: January 16, 2024, 09:22:51 PM »

In case you haven't seen Trump's actual campaign video:

I don't like those Lincoln Project smarmies, they're wolves in slightly-less-dangerous-looking-wolves' skins.

But that's a solid PR piece.

Himu

« Reply #5349 on: January 16, 2024, 09:54:59 PM »
Please secure the border and save our country from the illegals.

Signed,

Someone who is likely to not vote for Prez in 2024 because you're all Israel supporting genocide lovers but still someone with common sense that knows this border and country needs protecting. Put guns and soldiers on that border and finish that damn wall.

If Dems started to become hard on illegal immigrants and mute their anti-gun talk I'd highly consider tossing them a kiss but they love replacing Americans that have been here for generations too much. SAD. Crazy how a call to secure our border equals racism. If only we had an anti-Israel, pro-gun, anti-drug war, anti-illegal, pro-choice, pro-America party that embraced tradition.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:12:57 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5350 on: January 16, 2024, 10:14:36 PM »

Forgot to post this a few months ago but I love Candace these days. Don't always agree and think she can sometimes be try hard but she's a voice we desperately need.

If only the Republicans didn't like fondling Israel penis so much. Easily the party to go for even if they're not perfect. The only thing we have is tradition and it must be embraced for a healthy society. Candace gets it.

If Trump got hard on Israel I'd vote for him in a second. Shame he won't.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5351 on: January 17, 2024, 01:06:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1747674500236235114

JP Morgan CEO tells the Democrats to be more respectful to MAGA voters and that Trump was right on most critical issues.
He also thinks Bidens anti-MAGA campaign will hurt him.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5352 on: January 17, 2024, 10:06:02 PM »
MAGATs can continue to slurp my tumescent choad.

“Democrats need to be more respectful to MAGA“ is clearly rage bait. Period. Mission accomplished.

Himu

« Reply #5353 on: January 18, 2024, 02:19:15 AM »
Trump was correct on most issues but certainly far from all. Democrats would benefit not from being respectful to MAGA but going rightward on issues such as immigration and guns while keeping their popular pro-choice stances. It would steal from the Republicans so many votes. Fuck being respectful. Just adjust strategy. Put guns on the border, get the estrogen and pink hair out of the troops, change your stupid gun stance and tell NY and CA to shut the ever living fuck up, and embrace families and tradition. If the Demcrats were the Dems of 2008 they would absolutely kill shit. Unfortunately they have no reason to because the GOP is being killed at polls anyways. The unpopular Democratic Party stance on certain issues though is keeping Dems from being as successful as they could be.

SAD.

If only Dems would do this and completely wipe out the GOP, then we could have an actual conservative party.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 02:25:25 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5354 on: January 18, 2024, 07:57:30 PM »
I appreciate your kind thoughts in the other thread, but your response here is a reminder of why I have you on ignore.

American government spends more on military than the eight or nine next countries combined. We spend plenty of money on projecting our Will worldwide. The police have plenty of guns. Homeland security has an unprecedented level of interdepartmental access, communication, and collaboration that was never intended in the initial charters of those agencies. Their power is effectively unchecked. Obama, a centrist Democrat, originally planned to not renew PATRIOT Act, provisions, but was pressured into renewing by the intelligence apparatus.

Why give up power once you have it?

It never happens.

Transforming the Democratic Party into a conservative group has already happened. They are not representing progressive voters. When viewed from anywhere else in the free world, America has a wildly conservative government. Obama was considered conservative by the EU. Hillary would have been even more so.

Trump wasn’t right about shit. Trump wasn’t even right about his own people, which is why he constantly kept having to replace his own appointees. If he was ever close to accurate on anything, it was almost certainly a product of the Venn diagram overlap of these two concepts: a broken clock is still right twice a day, and a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters will eventually produce Hamlet. The man run his mouth so much that he may have accidentally said something correct at some point.

Respect is earned.

You’re encouraging following politician, who literally encourage an insurrection, failed to stop the insurrection, and encourage violence that his own political gatherings.

You want to go to California and New York to shut the fuck up? Go look at what the population distribution looks like and think what would happen if the electoral system didn’t represent all of these poor states that are so insanely reliant o  federal funds. There’s nothing resembling one-citizen-one-vote representation in government, we are trapped in system that was developed to represent slaves as property, maintained to this day.

You’re declaiming all kinds of liberal incursions on a conservative lifestyle, inventing inflammatory causes like pink hair in the military, when regulations do not even allow for that. Miss me with your invented bullshit.

Until recently you were a transsexual, and when that didn’t work out for you, you figured it can’t work out for anybody and started trying to figure out how to remove their rights. Instead of hating everyone else in the world, realize that you don’t like yourself very much, work on that and solve your own shit before you start tying to tell everyone else what to do.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 10:07:40 PM by chronovore »

Himu

« Reply #5355 on: January 18, 2024, 10:23:29 PM »
Trump was right about:

- The border
- Foreign Policy (besides Muslim ban)
- Having an America first policy

NY and CA should shut the fuck up about guns. NY doesn't even listen to the supreme court and its rulings regarding gun laws. Dems would make massive in-roads with conservatives and constitutionalists by telling their party to lay off on guns. End of.

Dems have been a conservative party. Exactly. And they were more successful when they were! Even against these wins against Republicans, Dems aren't winning as much as they could be.

Our military is currently weak and soft and it's bleeding members. I criticize the military industrial complex regularly and hate America giving weapons to literal terrorists like Israel but it doesn't stop the fact we still need guns at the border to stop illegals from entering.

That's quite the psychoanalysis attempt.

I love myself very much actually and I don't hate anybody. I gave someone that openly dislikes me well wishes and prayer. You misunderstand me on a deep level. Take away others rights? We as a nation were better when we embraced tradition. Experimental things, ideas, and philosophies that don't work and cause harm to society should be rightly called out. Funny, for all of our "freedom" and "rights" we are currently one of the most depressed nations. That's what happens when there's no one truth. When men can become women and women can become men, and gender roles are thrown out the window, and people think men and women are the same. Families are destroyed because why have a family if you can get some pussy outside of the confines of marriage? No one wants kids because no one wants responsibility. Confusion. Anarchy. A lost generation. That is what liberalism gets you.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/happiest-countries-in-the-world

You said all of that despite living in Japan. You should know the direct benefits that patriarchy and tradition brings. Everyone knows their role. No one is rudderless in Asia. They know what they're supposed to do and fucking do it. Japan has issues, especially because of their bushido culture which leads to overwork, but even then despite that Japan ranks above America in the happiness scale. In this life there is only what's true and what's false.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5356 on: January 18, 2024, 10:31:40 PM »
I appreciate your kind thoughts in the other thread, but your response here is a reminder of why I have you on ignore.

American government spends more on military than the eight or nine next countries combined. We spend plenty of money on projecting our Will worldwide. The police have plenty of guns. Homeland security has an unprecedented level of interdepartmental access, communication, and collaboration that was never intended in the initial charters of those agencies. Their power is effectively unchecked. Obama, a centrist Democrat, originally planned to not renew PATRIOT Act, provisions, but was pressured into renewing by the intelligence apparatus.

Why give up power once you have it?

It never happens.

Transforming the Democratic Party into a conservative group has already happened. They are not representing progressive voters. When viewed from anywhere else in the free world, America has a wildly conservative government. Obama was considered conservative by the EU. Hillary would have been even more so.

Trump wasn’t right about shit. Trump wasn’t even right about his own people, which is why he constantly kept having to replace his own appointees. If he was ever close to accurate on anything, it was almost certainly a product of the Venn diagram overlap of these two concepts: a broken clock is still right twice a day, and a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters will eventually produce Hamlet. The man run his mouth so much that he may have accidentally said something correct at some point.

Respect is earned.

You’re encouraging following politician, who literally encourage an insurrection, failed to stop the insurrection, and encourage violence that his own political gatherings.

You want to go to California and New York to shut the fuck up? Go look at what the population distribution looks like and think what would happen if the electoral system didn’t represent all of these poor states that are so insanely reliant o  federal funds. There’s nothing resembling one-citizen-one-vote representation in government, we are trapped in system that was developed to represent slaves as property, maintained to this day.

You’re declaiming all kinds of liberal incursions on a conservative lifestyle, inventing inflammatory causes like pink hair in the military, when regulations do not even allow for that. Miss me with your invented bullshit.

Until recently you were a transsexual, and when that didn’t work out for you, you figured it can’t work out for anybody and started trying to figure out how to remove their rights. Instead of hating everyone else in the world, realize that you don’t like yourself very much, work on that and solve your own shit before you start tying to tell everyone else what to do.

All this from a man that lives in Japan and has a Japanese wife. One of the most conservative, patriarchal, homogeneous countries on this planet and you talk down on conservativism and its merit and the fact it works. I would take your opinion more seriously if you did not live in Japan, a nation that passed an anti-refugee law.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/06/15/japan-immigration-law-creates-new-obstacles-asylum-seekers

You wallow on your pedestal, talking down to me about rights when you live, work, and have a family among one of the most conservative nations on this planet and not out of birth, but through abject choice and preference.

A country with highly stringent immigration laws even in the face of possible extinction from not making enough babies.

A country of duty.

A country that does not see same sex couples as legitimate.

By all rights you should love tradition and conservative values since you have lived in such a nation for 30 years! If this were Japan they would give the illegals the boot and you know it. But for whatever reason you have different standards for good ol USA.

Remember that as Japan has shown: might is right, Chrono. And all we have is tradition as a species. Without those levers - without that tradition - society falls apart. America's experiment tells that plainly.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:12:26 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5357 on: January 19, 2024, 01:10:47 AM »
You're learning the wrong lessons.

Anyway, thanks for the well-wishes about my mother and family, truly.

Occam

« Reply #5358 on: January 19, 2024, 02:14:42 PM »

Crenshaw explains that the MAGATs in Congress love Putin so much they no longer care about border security.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:27:10 PM by Occam »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5359 on: January 21, 2024, 12:53:32 PM »
Who was the idiot who though meatball Ron had a chance

https://x.com/chrisjollyhale/status/1748918840145137673
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5360 on: January 21, 2024, 02:52:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 02:58:22 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5362 on: January 21, 2024, 07:32:33 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5363 on: January 23, 2024, 02:44:43 PM »
:desoy You told me it was a quote from Churchill now I look like an asshole

That's what ChatGPT told us sir  :wut
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5365 on: January 24, 2024, 03:13:41 AM »

RIP Nikki
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5366 on: January 24, 2024, 01:48:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1750219664683126954

They tried everything to pump up Haleys numbers including having Biden supporters vote for Haley in the GOP Primary as a vote against Trump.

The result?

Donald Trump has the highest number of votes in the NH primary ever.
Exceeding even Bernie Sanders record 2016 result.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5367 on: January 24, 2024, 03:50:28 PM »
wow, can't believe he's outdoing Bernie Sander's landslide 2016 election numbers
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #5368 on: January 25, 2024, 01:18:13 AM »
Secession soon
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5370 on: January 27, 2024, 03:14:42 AM »

They tried everything to pump up Haleys numbers including having Biden supporters vote for Haley in the GOP Primary as a vote against Trump.

The result?

Why is NYP stanning for Trump?  I thought New York hates Trump through-and-through.

Himu

« Reply #5371 on: January 28, 2024, 12:22:20 AM »
https://x.com/BillMelugin_/status/1751061492466941958

YES, YES, YES, YES

Biden go! Yes! Shutting down the border and mandatory detention is amazing as a start. Complete that wall and double it in height.

Now let's see what your Israel policy is going forward. Deport them niccas.

https://x.com/EdisonGPT/status/1750702078048043288

Bring back this Democratic Party. Bring back this America. :tocry
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 12:28:33 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5372 on: January 28, 2024, 02:35:13 AM »
From The Coli.

Men increasingly right wing; women increasingly left wing. Good on men. [

https://www.ft.com/content/29fd9b5c-2f35-41bf-9d4c-994db4e12998

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
A new global gender divide is emerging

In the US, UK and Germany, young women now take far more liberal positions on immigration and racial justice than young men, while older age groups remain evenly matched. The trend in most countries has been one of women shifting left while men stand still, but there are signs that young men are actively moving to the right in Germany, where today’s under-30s are more opposed to immigration than their elders, and have shifted towards the far-right AfD in recent years. It would be easy to say this is all a phase that will pass, but the ideology gaps are only growing, and data shows that people’s formative political experiences are hard to shake off. All of this is exacerbated by the fact that the proliferation of smartphones and social media mean that young men and women now increasingly inhabit separate spaces and experience separate cultures.

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
A new global gender divide is emerging

Too often young people’s views are overlooked owing to their low rates of political participation, but this shift could leave ripples for generations to come, impacting far more than vote counts.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gen-z-gender-gap-young-men-women-dont-agree-politics-2024-1

Most young men are probably not interested in making America great again, but they do feel acutely the need to secure a place for themselves in a culture that readily identifies male advantage but ignores the challenges young men face. Out of a sense of increased insecurity, more young men are adopting a zero-sum view of gender equality — if women gain, men will inevitably lose. It's an outlook that makes them defensive, encourages them to ignore or overlook enduring challenges women face in society, and can even spur misogyny. As one 35-year-old man told Pew in 2022 about #MeToo: "Too many people are taking advantage of a serious situation because it's trendy or they are greedy or just want attention." And this attitude has real-world consequences: In the online gaming world, 75% of Gen Z women have reported experiencing harassment.

But both genders are feeling increasingly precarious — and it's causing them to drift further apart. A recent Washington Post editorial lamented what this growing political divide means for dating and marriage: If Gen Z men and women can't agree on politics, it's going to get harder for them to find a partner. But if anything, that understates the problem. Based on our interviews, there appears to be a growing eagerness among both young men and women to blame their problems on each other. And a society in which men and women see their interests as irrevocably opposed is not one that can last.

Let's go, bros. Note the slant in these articles. They try to subtly hint that one gender is in the wrong and should give up for the greater good. Exactly why feminism should be fought tooth and nail with their global encompassing agenda.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 02:43:48 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5373 on: January 28, 2024, 01:10:29 PM »

The result?

Why is NYP stanning for Trump?  I thought New York hates Trump through-and-through.

Snoop for Trump
The Rock for Trump

https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/1751610060042563643

https://twitter.com/willcain/status/1750196609588048193

:trumps
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5374 on: January 28, 2024, 01:35:27 PM »
Can't stump the Trump. :yeshrug
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #5375 on: January 29, 2024, 08:01:38 PM »
Georgia lawmakers advance bill that could punish Trump prosecutor
Bill to create panel with power to remove prosecutors accused of misconduct passes state house amid allegations against Fani Willis
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/29/georgia-bill-trump-prosecutor-fani-willis-removal

This is the second time Republicans passed this law, the first time it didn't work out:

"Language in the [previous] law required the Georgia supreme court to approve the commission’s processes. Late last year, the court announced it would deny approval, effectively killing the commission.

The new version of the law passed on Monday by Georgia’s house on a 90-75 party-line vote. It omits language requiring approval by the Georgia supreme court."

Cool cool cool.

By the way, Poland's right wing PiS party pulled a similar stunt, after which Poland was sanctioned by the EU for this egregious attack on the rule of law. Thankfully the PiS party didn't manage to completely dismantle democracy, so these fuckers were voted out just in the nick of time.
The red states won't be so lucky.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 08:16:15 PM by Occam »

Himu

« Reply #5376 on: January 30, 2024, 05:54:25 AM »
https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/04/21/on-trip-to-washington-mayor-adams-blames-migrant-crisis-for-holding-back-nycs-recovery-the-city-is-being-destroyed/

What happens when you open your bleeding heart to country invaders. Untenable.

Abbott was genius bussing these illegals to states like NY. These bleeding heart fakkits sit on lofty pedestals saying you're racist for basic border security. Now you know the only solution: deport their ass and declare yourself no longer a sanctuary. Play shitty games, win shitty prizes. Happens to be the best of us and liberal naivete always, always gets a big slap in the face of something we call reality eventually. Life ain't no Kumbaya, no hold me by the hand and pisck Posies shit. Life is savage. Fuck liberalism. They are all talk and offer no real tangible solutions beyond throwing money at issues. "Let's house the illegals and do nothing with them!" Only conservatism and tradition have merit. Time tested. The Dems have the country hostage on a moral soapbox as they drink Mimosas as the rest of us bear the responsibility. Truly disgusting riff raff liberals are.

Listen to socialists, brehs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 06:10:24 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5378 on: February 05, 2024, 03:20:51 PM »

Chinese migrants are the fastest growing group crossing the border into USA.

But let's have kid gloves at the border. Fuck the Democratic Party, liberals, their nativete, and their stupid bleeding hearts. Fuck them especially for gaslighting America into thinking basic border security is "racist". This is what happens when you have a worldview of love and happiness rather than reality. Sometimes, you have to have a foot on someone's neck. Fact of life.

We need what's best for this nation. Democrats are too soft to lead this nation. As much as I disagree with the Trump on certain issues voting for him is clearly better than voting for neither. Because voting for neither won't solve a hole in my nations defenses. It's sitting there and letting it happen. We need Trump.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:53:16 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5379 on: February 05, 2024, 06:59:23 PM »
Any explanation how the Chinese end up at the Mexican border and not just sneak into South Korea or whatever?

That's quite a trip for a poor illegal migrant.  :doge
🤴

Himu

« Reply #5380 on: February 05, 2024, 07:08:27 PM »
Any explanation how the Chinese end up at the Mexican border and not just sneak into South Korea or whatever?

That's quite a trip for a poor illegal migrant.  :doge

Secret agents paid by China obviously if that's what you're implying and I know that it is.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5381 on: February 05, 2024, 07:56:51 PM »
No I'm curious how they would arrange such a long trip.

In Europe it's the human traffickers from Turkey who ship them from Africa/Turkey to the EU shores in pirate vessels and rafts, then a couple of countries let them 'pass' to Germany, The Netherlands etc either by train, car or bus.
It's a relatively short distance from the refugee camps in Libya / Turkey to the coast of Greece, Italy, Spain etc. . The trip takes a couple of days max.

I looked it up and China and Mexico is about 15 days by boat and 16 hours by plane but lets assume they use boats as that is what most migrants do.
It isn't cheap to organize and it's a very long distance.

🤴

Himu

« Reply #5382 on: February 05, 2024, 08:07:40 PM »

In Europe it's the human traffickers from Turkey who ship them from Africa/Turkey to the EU shores in pirate vessels and rafts, then a couple of countries let them 'pass' to Germany, The Netherlands etc either by train, car or bus.
It's a relatively short distance from the refugee camps in Libya / Turkey to the coast of Greece, Italy, Spain etc. . The trip takes a couple of days max.

I looked it up and China and Mexico is about 15 days by boat and 16 hours by plane but lets assume they use boats as that is what most migrants do.

If you watch the video the rich (middle class) ones fly to Mexico directly.

Others go to south america and then travel north.
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #5383 on: February 06, 2024, 09:06:43 PM »

Today Repugnicans voted against stronger border protections and then voted to impeach the Homeland Security director for not implementing stronger border protections.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5384 on: February 07, 2024, 07:42:51 AM »

If you watch the video the rich (middle class) ones fly to Mexico directly.

Others go to south america and then travel north.
more asian pussy in the country? not seeing the problem tbh  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5386 on: February 08, 2024, 03:19:56 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5387 on: February 08, 2024, 04:16:15 PM »
Lol the libruls ain't never closing the border.
I've seen this song and dance time and time again.

They attempt it and then the NGOs sue them with some kind of ESG/UN human rights bullshit from 1847.
A Soy Judge suspends the whole thing and then your border remains wide open for the illegals to come pouring in.

The human trafficking business sorry migration... simply makes too much money.
It's also why the solution to these issues is always more money.
Poor migrants will spend that $53 million NY is planning to give them in a week on hookers and blow.

If Trump still owned all those Hotels he wouldn't have shut the border either :money

By the time the GOP figures out very little is done about the border, billions in arms have already been shipped as part of the 'deal'.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5388 on: February 14, 2024, 08:48:07 AM »
What's this, another night of multiple bad losses for republicans in special elections, including losing George Santos' former congress seat. Another election of dems out performing polls and 2020/2022 republican districts going blue.

:doge

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5389 on: February 14, 2024, 11:04:55 AM »
What's this, another night of multiple bad losses for republicans in special elections, including losing George Santos' former congress seat. Another election of dems out performing polls and 2020/2022 republican districts going blue.

:doge

Not surprised Suozzi won. He's a milquetoast centrist democrat but has been in LI politics forever... not surprising that people in NY-3 want a known quantity after the Santos wackiness. Also, no way was someone whose name was 1 letter off from Nazi winning in one of the most Jewish parts of the country :p
^_^

Occam

« Reply #5390 on: February 14, 2024, 03:41:00 PM »
Republicans Are No Longer a Political Party
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/02/republicans-are-no-longer-political-party/677437/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Republicans Are No Longer a Political Party

They’ve become yet another subsidiary of Trump Inc.
By David A. Graham

February 13, 2024, 11:33 AM ET

When historians chronicle the end of the Grand Old Party, they may mark 2024 as the turning point. Something called the Republican Party will surely exist for years to come, like a legacy brand subsumed by a competitor, but it appears to be coming to its end as a functional party. Instead, the Republican Party has become just another subsidiary of Donald Trump Inc.

Yesterday, Trump announced his effective takeover of the Republican National Committee, endorsing Michael Whatley, the chair of the North Carolina GOP, as chair; his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, as co-chair; and one of his top campaign advisers, Chris LaCivita, as chief operating officer. LaCivita will reportedly also remain with the Trump presidential campaign, splitting time. The current chair of the party, Ronna McDaniel, is stepping down because of pressure from Trump.

Officially, these are only recommendations, but they seem nearly certain to become reality. Trump has long held de facto sway over the Republican National Committee, but these moves give him de jure control, too. The reorganization is especially striking because it comes in the midst of what is a moderately competitive presidential primary between Trump and Nikki Haley. Although no one really thinks Haley has much chance at beating Trump, he’s now asserting control over the body that oversees that primary, like a basketball coach appointing one of his assistant coaches as referee.

Trump’s approach is familiar from the way he ran his family business, the Trump Organization, and his White House. He stocks them with ultra-loyalists who will take hits for him and with family members who are questionably qualified. The effect is to efface any organizational identity or institutional structures, to ensure that the only thing that matters, and the only person who decides, is Trump.

The Trump Organization, unusually for a company of its size, was run with a small staff—a few longtime lieutenants, such as Allen Weisselberg, its longtime CFO, and now-estranged fixer Michael Cohen, and then Trump’s children Donald Jr., Eric, and Ivanka. This generation of Trumps has shown no particular genius for real-estate development; two of them were reportedly nearly charged with felonies after the collapse of one high-profile project. When Trump won the presidency, he nominally placed Eric in charge, but revealed his faith in his son’s abilities by continuing to be highly involved.

Meanwhile, in Washington, Trump appointed Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, to senior-adviser roles in the White House, barely skirting anti-nepotism rules for the executive branch, even though neither of them had any experience in government. But Trump erred, in his own view, by failing to appoint sufficiently sycophantic aides to other roles. Too many of his appointees were determined to defend the processes of government and the rule of law, infuriating him. He and his allies have vowed not to make the same mistakes again.

Now Trump is using the same playbook for the RNC. Whatley is a veteran party official, serving as general counsel, but his major selling point in Trump’s eyes is that he is a loyalist and faithfully backed Trump’s bogus claims that the 2020 election was stolen. Lara Trump has been a frequent surrogate for Trump on the campaign trail and television, but she has no experience at the RNC.

Signs of the GOP’s terminal illness have been present for years. Trump began what amounted to a hostile takeover in 2016, breezing through the Republican primary despite the opposition of most of the party establishment, in a demonstration of the weakness of party structures.

Long before he decided to depose her, McDaniel was his own pick for chair. Presidents always exercise great influence over their party committees, but the GOP was particularly supine. In 2020, the RNC didn’t even bother with one of the most fundamental roles of a political party—putting forth a platform. Instead, it resolved “that the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President’s America-first agenda.” Opposition to Trump within Congress and in state parties has also been slowly suffocated.

The full conquest of the RNC is good news for Trump personally. He can take advantage of the party’s resources, such as they still exist, and make it do what he wants, without the pesky problems of existing structures. But given what we know about the Trump Organization and the Trump White House, it is unlikely to be good news for the party.

In Manhattan this week, a judge is expected to rule in a civil fraud trial that could fine Trump hundreds of millions of dollars, cancel the Trump Organization’s license to operate in New York State, and strip it of marquee properties. Weisselberg is reportedly in talks to plead guilty to perjury in the case, atop a prior felony guilty plea. The Trump administration was, if anything, worse run. It was four years of constant chaos, punctuated by two separate impeachments and concluding with an attempt to steal a presidential election. (Trump is in court over that, too.) None of this is a good omen for the RNC’s future as a Trump subsidiary.
[close]

Occam

« Reply #5391 on: February 23, 2024, 01:15:48 AM »
By the way, that insane Alabama supreme court ruling stating that eggs fertilized in vitro are children is surely going to help the MAGAt party a lot during this election year. Because who doesn't just love having (more) religious nuts in power?

Occam

« Reply #5392 on: February 23, 2024, 03:35:13 AM »
In other news, in case you are wondering why MAGA Mike wants to make Russia great again by denying aid to Ukraine: He got a donation from Putin's Russian allies a few years ago. He knows who his friends are.
https://www.newsweek.com/who-konstantin-nikolaev-money-mike-johnson-1870600
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 03:50:30 AM by Occam »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5393 on: February 24, 2024, 09:23:05 AM »
https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1761214656687865928

Will Tricky Nikki finally kiss the ring after she gets obliterated in her home state or did Trump go too far with the Sneakers? :trumps
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5394 on: February 28, 2024, 09:38:31 PM »
The turning point was probably reached 24 years ago with Bush v. Gore, but now the rule of law is undeniably over in America. Shame.
When future historians on the outside are going to write about America's downfall, they will most likely mention today's date.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5395 on: February 28, 2024, 09:40:02 PM »
Isn't it just being set up for April?

Occam

« Reply #5396 on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:35 PM »
By delaying this for another seven weeks and thus halting the trials related to this (reminder: back in 2000 it took them three days for the miscarriage of justice that was Bush v. Gore) instead of flat out rejecting the ridiculous claim of absolute immunity, the Supreme Court will make it virtually impossible for Trump to be convicted for his 2021 insurrection before the election.
(Note that they have already been delaying this since December!)
Here is a good summary:

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5397 on: February 29, 2024, 12:07:22 PM »
and I do it purposedly for comedic reasons and for sarcasm.  :doge

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1763075219009241257
🤴

Occam

« Reply #5398 on: March 02, 2024, 03:48:22 PM »
James Carville sums it up nicely: