Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 365826 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #1080 on: October 02, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
Koei Tecmo announced Sengoku Musou 4 [Samurai Warriors 4] for PS3 and PS Vita, the game will due out in Japan in spring 2014. The story mode will be based on Nobuyuki Sanada's perspective on the history of unifying the country. There will be over 50 playable characters, and you can switch between two characters in each stage, similar to Sengoku Musou: Chronicles. There will be a custom mode for you to create your own warrior. New Godspeed Action and Secret Musou moves will be available.

I'm going to buy all these musou games, aren't I?   :stahp
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1081 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:55 PM »
Why does that get a  :stahp More musou is a glorious thing :rejoice
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1082 on: October 03, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »
My wallet  :stahp
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1083 on: October 03, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
oh my god, two characters :rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
Started Dynasty Warriors 8. So far it's pretty good. The stages are passive and boring so far, but the combat is good and the story mode allows for more replayability compared to 7 in that you can choose who you want to play on any given stage. That's cool. It stands to reason though that I just find plain jane Dynasty Warriors flat out meh now after Warriors Orochi 3. It doesn't help I prefer Samurai Warriors a large amount. At this point I'm more interested in getting One Piece Warriors 2.

Also got Basara 3 for ps3. I...don't think Basara is for me. This is boring. The movelists are extremely limited, I literally only have like three moves total so far. I picked my Samurai Warriors mainstay, Magoichi Saika - who is a girl in this  :mindblown - and I'm so bored. There's no combos to be done, or cancels, or anything. It's just square, square, square, square, triangle now and then. Dynasty Warriors moveset, even at the outset, is far more fluid and allows for experimentation. Maybe it gets better down the line, but this feels this is a pretty bad knock off so far. For all the talk of Basara's emphasis on action over Dynasty Warriors, the action is far lesser than that of Dynasty Warriors, and the strategy element of traditional Warriors games is absent. It's there in the form of bases, but even then there's absolute zero tension so far.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:23:06 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

MoxManiac

« Reply #1085 on: October 18, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
Obligatory complaining about SW4's chances of coming out in NA.
no

Trent Dole

« Reply #1086 on: October 18, 2013, 04:54:44 PM »
What, 100%?
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1087 on: October 18, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Mox. It will come.
IYKYK

MoxManiac

« Reply #1088 on: October 18, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »
You guys :'(
no

Himu

« Reply #1089 on: October 19, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »
This stage design continues to be boring as fuck in DW8. This may be my last Dynasty Warriors unless they change it up for DW9. Samurai Warriors, all the way. Fuck linear stages and lack of ANY tension.
IYKYK

Yulwei

« Reply #1090 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
Is WO3U really that good? thread title got me interested

Himu

« Reply #1091 on: October 19, 2013, 01:03:21 AM »
It's just for fun because unlimited mode is a dungeon crawler and since Musou is bout dat loot, it was a fun comparison. However, WO3 was my favorite game in 2012, so yeah, I'd say it's that good.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1092 on: October 19, 2013, 01:14:22 AM »
It seems like a blessing I didn't start playing DW8 until recently. The more I put in, the more I don't like it. I'll beat story mode first, but after playing some of Ambition Mode, I'm leaning on "sucks" as my verdict which is disappointing. It just isn't clicking with me. Game is baaaad. You'd have to only like mindless hack and slash element of Dynasty Warriors to enjoy this, I think. Either that, or combos.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1093 on: October 19, 2013, 04:30:49 PM »
Also got Basara 3 for ps3. I...don't think Basara is for me. This is boring. The movelists are extremely limited, I literally only have like three moves total so far. I picked my Samurai Warriors mainstay, Magoichi Saika - who is a girl in this  :mindblown - and I'm so bored. There's no combos to be done, or cancels, or anything. It's just square, square, square, square, triangle now and then. Dynasty Warriors moveset, even at the outset, is far more fluid and allows for experimentation. Maybe it gets better down the line, but this feels this is a pretty bad knock off so far. For all the talk of Basara's emphasis on action over Dynasty Warriors, the action is far lesser than that of Dynasty Warriors, and the strategy element of traditional Warriors games is absent. It's there in the form of bases, but even then there's absolute zero tension so far.

Basara has combos up the ass, so I'm not getting where you're coming from.  It's much more linear, crazier, Samurai Warriors.  And please tell me you're cranking the difficulty up in all these games if there's "zero tension" for you. 

This stage design continues to be boring as fuck in DW8. This may be my last Dynasty Warriors unless they change it up for DW9. Samurai Warriors, all the way. Fuck linear stages and lack of ANY tension.

Again, what difficulty level are you playing on?  Are you going for the stars?  That's where the challenge comes from- unlocking the extra stages and alternate paths is where the real meat of the game is. 

Mox, it's time to stop this silly no-import restriction you've placed on yourself.

Is WO3U really that good? thread title got me interested

The Warriors Orochi games are easily my favorite out of all the Koei musou titles.  I like the game play system and settings/story (mystical/mythical characters instead of just historical characters, and in WO3, characters from other games like Ninja Gaiden.)

As for the 'Diablo' part mentioned in the thread title, Himu can't comment on that.  I'm the only one here with Ultimate AFAIK and I have barely touched that part of the game.  I just put in 37+ hours to finish up the vanilla WO3 content and am now on the new stuff.  The Unlimited Mode really isn't going to be something like Diablo, however.  That's a bit misleading.

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1094 on: October 19, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
Basara has combos up the ass? At the outset at least, there's not much you can do.m with your character. When can you do combos?

Re: DW8 what stars?

As for difficulty, I have it on normal. I've found my favorite Musou games are fine on normal, until a certain point when you should bump it up to hard.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:57:17 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1095 on: October 19, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
Basara has combos up the ass? At the outset at least, there's not much you can do.m with your character. When can you do combos?

Like...right away?  It's tough to find combo videos that show stuff in SB3 vanilla from the outset; everyone moved onto SB3 Utage.

Re: DW8 what stars?

Stars as in the conditions on certain stages to change the outcome of the battles and open up extra levels- eventually resulting in a certain point where the entire level progression path will split off and different levels or scenarios of levels will open up, leading to that faction's "true" ending.  Basically, DW8's focus is on changing the historical and/or Romance Of The Three Kingdoms storylines up and giving each faction a happy ending.  With the true level paths opened up, everybody lives and wins in the end.  Don't consider anything "beaten" until you have both paths, all extra levels, and all stars filled in.  That's also how you get all the characters unlocked.

You can see the stars listed on the stage selection screen.  Initially they are blank and the description will fill in once you beat a faction's story and get the normal (or in this game, the "bad") ending.  Some of them you will get just by playing.

And this is what opens the game up- to fulfill some of those conditions, you break free of the linear paths and have to do stuff on your own to win.  I definitely suggest a FAQ for some of them as finding out some conditions is pretty damn hard.

As for difficulty, I have it on normal. I've found my favorite Musou games are fine on normal, until a certain point when you should bump it up to hard.

OK, well...if there's no "tension...." TURN IT UP NOW.   :P
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1096 on: October 19, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »
Story mode seems pretty thorough then. That's good. Thanks for the Basara video.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1097 on: October 19, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
There's a really good guide for getting all the hypothetical stages in DW8 on the koeiwarrios forums. When I get home I'll throw the link up (it may already be in this thread somewhere).
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1098 on: October 19, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »
That Basara vid is the tits btw. Gonna see what I'm doing wrong later.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1099 on: October 19, 2013, 07:06:34 PM »
One thing i love about Basara is that it has a lot of personality. Like, the one map with Toshiie and his sister when you're playing as Magoichi.

edit: Okay, yeah. The game simply doesn't tell you your full move list. I can do different moves if I charge the move, for instance. Need a full movelist. Why wouldn't they include one? ???
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:11:04 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1100 on: October 19, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »
Ya go here for yr DW8age http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/ I still need to finish this, lol. Musou games never end. :rock
Hi

Himu

« Reply #1101 on: October 25, 2013, 01:56:44 AM »
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 > Dynasty Warriors 8

:whoo :whoo :whoo

Helps that it's my favorite comic book of all time, but :lawd
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1102 on: October 25, 2013, 06:05:37 AM »
told ya :smug

what character are you using? if you aren't using
spoiler (click to show/hide)
kuzan
[close]
you are doing it wrong
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1103 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 > Dynasty Warriors 8

It's really good but I don't know if I like it more than DW8.  I really like the weapon switching stuff and the partner system in OP doesn't make up for it.

Also Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate >>>>>>>>> Both of those games
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1104 on: October 25, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
I'm not sure why you're telling us that, dude. Warriors Orochi 3 > all Musou that aren't Samurai Warriors 2 XL :lawd

Partner switching in OP isn't really a replacement for weapon switching for me. Problem with weapon switching in DW8 is the affinity crap. It makes the game too unpredictable and repetitive. See a blue icon? Kick his ass until you're doing that rapid move. Watch, as you deplete their life in 5 seconds, without a means to stop it. See a guy with an exclamation mark? Parry his attacks and build your rage meter. Then, when you get to an enemy officer, unleash your true rage, deplete their health in 2 seconds. Broke as fuck. :neogaf and in the case of the blue icons, takes control completely out of your hands. Equip a heaven type and a man type each stage, and you'll more than likely encounter most enemies as Man weak type. The affinities are awful.

Compared to One Piece's system where each and every character can achieve style action mode, its emphasis on dodging, and counters (if a Logia is logia mode, counter while in style mode). This makes it reasonably balanced, granted you aren't overleveled.

But this combined with the stage design, mission variety, and replay value of the stages (coins) make it kick DW8's ass.

I can tell this was by Dynasty Warriors Gundam team because of the interface of the maps. They're identical DWG3. They've REALLY improved since that game. It lacks the repetition of that game while still holding some of its core fundamentals.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:32:29 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1105 on: October 25, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
told ya :smug

what character are you using? if you aren't using
spoiler (click to show/hide)
kuzan
[close]
you are doing it wrong

Haven't unlocked Aokiji yet but I'm leaning on playing as Marco.
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1106 on: October 25, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
all of his attack freeze people and have huge range,if you press R2,he threws a kick and all the minor enemy shatter and die,it's awesome
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1107 on: October 25, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »
I like DW8 more than One Piece.  Maybe I'd feel different if I were more of a fan.  But that said, I like both games.  And you can find broken shit in any of these titles.

Warriors Orochi 3 > all Musou

Fixed.
  :mynicca
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1108 on: October 25, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »
Warriors Orochi 3 :bow :bow :bow

my nicca

:bow

Best Musou game :rejoice
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1109 on: October 25, 2013, 11:39:01 PM »
Yep, they perfected the formula with that game.  The gameplay, the atmosphere, the massive size of the levels, the unlockables, etc.  The Joan of Arc stage made it seem like some epic shit was going down.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #1110 on: October 26, 2013, 02:40:26 AM »
GOTY 2012

Haven't seen WO3U intro before :obama

Need to rebuy for ps3 for DAT MUSOU :punch I'm sure I could trade dw8 for it. I'm just not interested in dw8 at all. WO3 spoiled me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:45:07 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

« Reply #1111 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »
Ok so, what games are on the horizon confirmed for US and EU release, and in what format (physical / digital only)?

Upcoming games I have not heard an announcement about:

Warriors Orochi 2 Ultimate (3 Ultimate)
Samurai Warriors 4
Dynasty Warriors 8 XL

Anyone know what's up?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1112 on: October 28, 2013, 11:04:41 AM »
No games confirmed for the U.S. yet AFAIK.

At this point I'm pretty much set on importing everything.  Will hold off on DW8 XL in the hopes that the PS4 DW8+XL gets released here.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:07:06 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1113 on: October 28, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »
No way are we getting WO2U. We MIGHT get DW8xl. We are deffo getting SW4.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1114 on: October 28, 2013, 01:50:55 PM »
No way are we getting WO2U. We MIGHT get DW8xl. We are deffo getting SW4.

The only reason Samurai Warriors 3 came out over here is because Nintendo published it.  Sengoku Musou 3Z and the second Chronicles game for 3DS never made it out here, nor did the 3DS Dynasty Warriors Vs. game. 

My plan now is to just import these games on Vita, especially with the Vita TV coming.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1115 on: October 28, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2 is on the 3ds which likely was never a good audience for the game to begin with. You have a point with 3Z, but they have a new start with 4. It makes no sense to bring over One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 and not Samurai Warriors 4. Stop killing my optimism, Lyte. I love Samurai Warriors!!! I want 4 in English! STAHP.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #1116 on: October 28, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »
Oh, four's coming over, come on. The localisations for these usually don't get announced until after they've shipped in their home country usually anyways, right?
Hi

« Reply #1117 on: October 28, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
Honestly I figured all 3 of those games to be a lock for localization, just not sure on what platform and whether it will be digital only or not.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1118 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:45:58 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1119 on: November 11, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
Sengoku Musou 4 is coming out in March, BTW.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1120 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1121 on: November 11, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1122 on: November 11, 2013, 02:54:28 PM »
I.

DON'T.

GIVE.

A.

FUCK!!!

ABOUT.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 XL!!

SENGOKU MUSOU FOUR REVEAL.

NOW!!!
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1123 on: November 11, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »
Game looks so terrible lol

I like DW and I'm sure it'll be good fun, but graphically they aren't even trying.  Not even one bit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1124 on: November 11, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
Looks like Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate may be getting an English release....

...in Summer 2014.   :lol ::)

I can't commit to buying English versions of these games if they're gonna take that damn long to localize stuff.  Especially when the majority of Ultimate is ALREADY DONE IN ENGLISH.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1125 on: November 11, 2013, 04:29:10 PM »
Game looks so terrible lol

I like DW and I'm sure it'll be good fun, but graphically they aren't even trying.  Not even one bit.

It looks like the typical port-up I'd expect from them, kind of like the first Xbox 360 port-ups they did, only without the huge difference in resolutions.  We're not gonna see anything that screams "next-gen" until they actually switch to the PS4 as the lead platform.  Expecting lots of port-ups in 2014.  Probably Samurai Warriors 4+XL reveal in Fall 2014.

Right now I'm planning on getting the new Gundam Musou and SW4 on Vita only.  No need for console versions with the Vita TV.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1126 on: November 11, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »
I think the graphics look good. Nice and clear resolution. It's like SamWar2 360 and Dynasty Warriors 5 360. Shouldn't expect that much better graphics beyond slightly better lighting/effects.

And yeah, WO3U taking that long is pretty :lol
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1127 on: November 12, 2013, 09:07:56 AM »
Yamanaka Shikanosuke at 2:30 :rofl

ど助平

« Reply #1128 on: November 12, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »

I can't commit to buying English versions of these games if they're gonna take that damn long to localize stuff.  Especially when the majority of Ultimate is ALREADY DONE IN ENGLISH.

Will it be physical in the US this time?

Himu

« Reply #1129 on: November 12, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »
That basara 4 trailer kicks ass.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1130 on: November 12, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »

Will it be physical in the US this time?

ど助平

« Reply #1131 on: November 12, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »
 :goty

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1132 on: November 25, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

Didn't know there was a Gundam called "BearGGuy."  Sounds like the official Gundam of the Bore!
 :neogaf
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:27:00 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #1133 on: November 25, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »

Didn't know there was a Gundam called "BearGGuy."  Sounds like the official Gundam of the Bore!
 :neogaf

Bearguy is from the Gunpla Builders Beginning G OVA.
野球

Himu

« Reply #1134 on: November 25, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
That doesn't look too bad. Anymore good Shin Gundam vids?
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1135 on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
It's the same game as the last one but with the graphics of GM2 instead of GM3.  The only new units are b-tier Seed and Unicorn units and now MA's that have been in the series for a few games are playable + Bear guy whose a pre-order bonus from Gunpla Builders OAV.

I love the series, but this game is pointless.  But that's what happens when GM3 already had through Unicorn/OO and the only new Gundam show since then has been AGE which no one wants in a game and now Build Fighters.  They should put the series on hold for a generation until a couple more real Gundam series come out and come back with their stuff included.

Himu

« Reply #1136 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »
Oh wow. Skip.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: November 25, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Totally importing for the Vita.  Portable GUNDAMIN' :rock

It's the same game as the last one but with the graphics of GM2 instead of GM3.  The only new units are b-tier Seed and Unicorn units and now MA's that have been in the series for a few games are playable + Bear guy whose a pre-order bonus from Gunpla Builders OAV.

I love the series, but this game is pointless.  But that's what happens when GM3 already had through Unicorn/OO and the only new Gundam show since then has been AGE which no one wants in a game and now Build Fighters.  They should put the series on hold for a generation until a couple more real Gundam series come out and come back with their stuff included.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1138 on: November 25, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »
That's what I'm finding on the game.  I'm getting it as I have never played through any of these before.

Called Shin Gundam Musou in Japanese, the new title marks a return to a more realistic graphical style for the series after Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3's cel-shaded look. This will allow for things like spot damage on Mobile Suits, and you'll get ample chance to see this in action, given that NBGI is planning for over 100 MS units to be playable between Official Mode (which recreates the original story from several Gundam anime) and Ultimate Mode (which features an all-new story).

New units include the RX-0 Banshee from Gundam UC and the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam and GAT-X202 Aegis Gundam both from Gundam SEED. In addition, Shin Gundam Musou will feature controllable Mobile Armors, mech units that are generally much larger than your typical MS unit.

The new Gundam game, currently pegged at 80 percent complete, is due out Dec. 19 in Japan. The PS3 version will cost 7980 yen (approximately $80), while the Vita game will go for 6980 yen (about $70).

Official Mode Returns: MSG, Zeta, CCA, UC, Seed, Seed Destiny Only

Ultimate Mode instead of story mode :/

Over 120 suits, most ever in the series

New Upgrade System (Suits and Weapons)

Taking all the best aspects of the first three games and cramming them into this game before the jump to Next Gen

New units spotted:

Super Gundam: Zeta Gundam
Strike Gundam (All Four Packs): Gundam Seed
Freedom Gundam: Gundam Seed
Impulse Gundam (Force Pack): Seed Destiny
Zaku Warrior (Green Color): Seed Destiny
Mobile Armors are now playable!!

Maybe Mu La Flaga will be a playable pilot ^_^

New Confirmations 10/01/13:

Bearguy First Edition Bonus DLC

Legend Gundam (most likely Rey as also)
Destroy Gundam MA (most likely Stella as well)
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1139 on: November 25, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
But before that, Shin Sangoku Musou 7+XL is out for PS3 and Vita this week.  The PS3 version will offer the option to upgrade to the PS4 version for 1000 yen, although my eye is on the Vita version.  But I've already played a shit-ton of of DW8 on PS3.  SO TORN OVER MUSOU
ど助平